PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Home to all current Forum Games.
User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
Posts: 12709
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Dlover » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:24 am

"I suppose I do have plans for an Iron, if you're not going to use it. For tonight, I might be able to find time to teach it a move that would come naturally to it, but nothing more complicated. That is, if we have time for it."
► Show Spoiler
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7880
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Dusk9 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:17 am

"I'm...not really sure what she can learn naturally? She's not really a normal Ferroseed anymore. You might have better luck with Kay, though - in fact, there is one Move I was hoping to have her learn..."

She pauses, glancing between the others as they examine the items for sale.

"We could go do it now, maybe? This guy seems pretty harmless. Unless you're interested in buying something?"

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 13072

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:56 am

Bjorn

The Mightyena is up again next, and... Is knocked out before it manages to act as well..!

"My, a little powerhouse, isn't he..? Congratulations."

Bjorn gains the Dusk badge milestone!
Bjorn gains 960 exp to share among his pokemon!
Bjorn earns 4000 dollars!

► Show Spoiler
Koa, Izzy, Alex, Irene

"Oh, that lock case thing sounds perfect! How much are those?"

"How much would the confetti one's be, oh you'll need time to make them though won't you?"

"Ah, let's say both could go for... 800? Ah, suppose I should mention the latter isn't really confetti, more like lasers and a couple tricks to make it look like that... I think it'd be great for contests..? I would need to craft one, yes, but I might have done it in a bit less than a hour assuming you can wait that long..?"

((Everyone may roll technology edu or intuition.))

Haley

"Yea....I think it's a bit too late for that.... And no, I have not even seen his brainwashed slaves."

"Too late..? What do you mean with that? And the latter might be just as well- At least one of the kids I met that caught one of them seemed rather worried he'd have to face this thing's punishment if he ever didn't treat his capture good enough..."
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7880
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Dusk9 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:10 am

Tech Edu: 7

Izzy's not really paying attention to the conversation anymore, and wouldn't know much about the tech involved even if she was.
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
Posts: 12709
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Dlover » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:27 am

Alex Intuition: 5D6+2 = [5, 5, 2, 5, 5]+2 = 24

Dang, 8 off perfection.

If there's no reason not to, Alex will offer a nod to Izzy's request. Since the two of them would still be together while Koa and Irene would be paired up, it wouldn't be a problem to separate from the rest of the group.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 16660
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:28 am

"I can't let it continue and destroy nature, to warp our earth. It destroys nature and preverts it. It drains life from the worlds. Those stong enough for it survive it corrupts and twists and puts it under it's control, stiped from it's original personality and mind. It must be stopped.

...Do you know who has the 'kids'? I would like to speak to them. Do you have thier number?"



After Jack answers Haley meets with Luna. "Come on, there are people we need to meet."


She uses her dex to call Koa*, "Hiiii~ My name is Haley!"


(I assumed he told her who had the 'kids')

User avatar
SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 5953

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:34 am

"Hmm, do you only have one of those lock case things? If they're as good as they sound, I wouldn't mind having two of 'em. You can miss with a pokeball, yeah?"

Intuition at Alistairs: 5d6+4 = [6, 6, 4, 4, 4] = 28
(Bump that to 30, why not.)

User avatar
Natrivv
Spokesperson in Training
Posts: 1444

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Natrivv » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:02 am

Ah, sure, I think we can wait that long? The confetti one would be great. Irene smiles happily thinking of how much Rythem would enjoy posing as she comes out of the pokeball.
"oh, would it need to be recharged or anything?"

Irene tech edu [2d6] = 7

User avatar
Synch
Game Master
Posts: 4695
Location: New Zealand

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Synch » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:57 am

► Show Spoiler
Bjorn puts his fist to palm and bows to Jack. "She certainly is! Thank you very much for this opportunity."

With that, Bjorn makes his way to the Pokemon Center to rest his pokemon, and also swap Sting for Sneak, who he gives the Razor Claw to hold. He buys 2x bandages while he waits. He then meets up with Luna (and Haley?) Seeing Luna and proudly displaying his new gym badge with a grin, he says "About time we celebrated with that ice cream!"
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7880
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:10 am

"Hey, if you guys are going to be a while, do you mind if me and Alex head out? He's gonna take a look at some of my 'mons, try to do some training. We'll meet back up with you once the others get back, I guess?"

Assuming no complaints from Koa and Irene, Izzy exits the Pokeball seller's with Alex. Heading towards the nearest park or open area? Somewhere she can let Kay stretch her wings as Alex tutors her.
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
Posts: 12709
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Dlover » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:32 am

((I think mentoring was somewhere between half an hour and an hour? Can't remember precisely.))

Alex nods,"Send a message if you need us before we all meet up again."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 16660
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:37 am

Haley looks excited when she hears icecream when Bjorn arives. "Yey! Ice cream! I also beat him!" She motions to Amber and pets her grassy carrapace(?) "Lookie! She's part grass now! I am thinking on doing something similar to Archie, but I fear that he may loose his flying abilities or his ability to take down fire or flying mons like she did....."

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 7335

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Theis2 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:09 am

"Isn't it better to wait for him to be conscious again? As for the supposed treasure, something should be down this path given someone tried to pick through it when we got here."

Despite his feeble protest he'll help pull Bruce up if the others think now is better than later.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 13072

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:03 pm

Koa, Izzy, Irene, Alex

The trainers watch intently, both Izzy and Irene not making a huge amount of sense of the technological marvel, while Koa and Alex can tell a lot simply from the man's expression... And while it's obvious it doesn't look like he intends to straight off rip off the trainers... He does seem to be considering the fact you're outsiders- And has ticked his prices up slightly from what one might otherwise consider fair... On the other hand, they are a somewhat rare commodity, so price and demand...

"Hmm, do you only have one of those lock case things? If they're as good as they sound, I wouldn't mind having two of 'em. You can miss with a pokeball, yeah?"

"Ah, just so happens I do have two of them already prepared, yes..! And I could always make more, of course, given the time. And you're right- Just because you can reattach it, doesn't mean that matters much if it's lying at the feet of the pokemon you're trying to capture..."

Ah, sure, I think we can wait that long? The confetti one would be great.

"I'll get started on it in a moment then! I... Suppose you can wait here if you'd like, but best if you come back in a bit. After your friend paid..?"

"oh, would it need to be recharged or anything?"

"Oh no, not at all! Well... I don't think so, at least. I sold one six months ago and it's still being used... That battery should probably last a couple years, unless you keep using it, I'd think..."

Haley

"I can't let it continue and destroy nature, to warp our earth. It destroys nature and preverts it. It drains life from the worlds. Those stong enough for it survive it corrupts and twists and puts it under it's control, stiped from it's original personality and mind. It must be stopped."

"Well... True. But if what I've heard is true, there's no particular hurry. Much as I loathe to say 'leave it for the future', maybe the future can actually build some kind of machine to deal with... Something like that, yes..?"

"I do... But I don't think I'll share it just like that. No offense- But I don't think they'd appreciate me just giving their number away to anyone who has an inkling about these kinds of matters."

"However, if you give your number... I'll contact them sometime soon, and see if there might be interest then..?"


Alex and Izzy also leave for now, to try and get some tutoring in still...

Bjorn, Haley

Afterwards, Haley heads outside, where she ends up waiting to meet with Bjorn as well... Luna... Definitely not a nervous wreck by the important cargo she's keeping in a rather obvious sack. Strangely, no one that passes by seems to remark or even glance at it, as if it weren't even there...

"About time we celebrated with that ice cream!"

"Ah... That does sound lovely! Though... I would really appreciate if we could figure out what we're supposed to do with this thing, soon..!" she finally sates, just a tiny bit exasperated.

"Yey! Ice cream! I also beat him!"

"Oh..! Erm... I... Guess you're invited..?" she states, a bit awkwardly, eyes glancing between Haley and Bjorn. She also decides to not pet Amber's grassy carapace after Haley burns her hands.


Drake, Bruce

"Isn't it better to wait for him to be conscious again? As for the supposed treasure, something should be down this path given someone tried to pick through it when we got here."

"That was me, ya daft idiot! Who tha hell sees damn tools floating about and thinks ooooooooooh treasure, rather than oh no, it's a facken ghost, I gotta get the hell outta here?!"

The man does seem to have a rather colorful language, as he begrudgingly agrees to wait for Bruce to wake up... Ten minutes later, he finally does- To the stench of rather bad breath and body odor, a strange and unfamiliar, ghastly looking man looming over him.

"Ah yer awake! Can ya walk?"

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 16660
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:23 pm

"That will work! Hopefully one of em will contact me! As for holding it off to the future...no. It might be too late when it's the future. We can't just put it off. It needs to be stopped. We can't nust put off fighting it."

Haley curses under her breath as Amber burns her. "Ow! I am not here to hurt you, it's okay."
'No ice.'
"Well we don't have to get you ice cream.'
'No ice'
"Yes, I know. I won't get you any ice. I'll see if there is any nice warm treats for you if you calm down."
Amber looks at her, a bit more interested. "Okay good, lets get you a nice hot salty peanut fudge."

Haley tries to pick up Amber, being very careful about it.

(She is oblivious that she is the third wheel.)

User avatar
Synch
Game Master
Posts: 4695
Location: New Zealand

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Synch » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:52 pm

Bjorn looks at Haley intently talking to her pokemon, then looks with exasperation at Luna, as he certainly hadn't planned on another tagging along on what he hoped was a date.

"No you're right. Lets put the ice-cream on ice," he chuckles to himself, "and sort out this thing. Haley, have you contacted anyone? Alex knows about this, shall we try him? He may have talked to the others. Oh and don't forget, you wanted to trade a snorunt for something. Wanna do that now while we wait to hear from the others, or later?"
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 16660
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:23 pm

"Er I kinda talked to Jack but not about that thingy. Also what others? Should I call him?

OH! Right I did forget! What mons do you have that you are willing to trade for it again?"


(I forgot, it;s been.....I don't know how long since she got a snorunt)

User avatar
SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 7067

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by SamWiser » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:36 pm

Bruce cries out in surprise as he wakes up in the cave with this unfamiliar man in his face, but his fight-or-flight instinct (and let's not kid ourselves, it would have been fight) is calmed when he sees the rest of the group looking at him with some concern, and probably annoyance, instead of attacking the guy. Wha... Who are you? Registering his question, Bruce does a quick systems check of himself. His head hurt, and he was starting to get sore from his muscles tightening up with the rest, but they would warm up quickly. Tomorrow would be rough though.

Yeah, I can walk. Bruce slowly gets to his feet, stretching and checking to make sure he has no real injuries. He looks to Aggy. Good job slowing me down. In response, Aggy sends a small amount of foul smelling, but harmless powder at Bruce. Bruce braves the smell, though, and kneels down to check over the mushroom, making sure that he sustained no injuries when Bruce crashed into him. I guess it's not your fault. Not much hold for your roots in these rocks, is there. He pats Aggy on the head before turning to the rest of the group.

So, did you guys find anything cool?
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

User avatar
SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 5953

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by SuperVaderMan » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:11 am

Koa rubs the back of his neck in thought as he considers the ball smith's expression.

"Ya'know... to be honest, I heard you owe a lot to some bad folks and you're probably trying to skin me, but... 800 each, yeah? I'll take 'em both," he decides, fishing out the $1600 needed for the purchase.

While he doesn't have time to get involved with this guy's problems, he can at least help him out in this small way.

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7880
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Dusk9 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:46 pm

((I'm just gonna assume we found a park or something to train at.))

Reaching the park, Izzy releases both Kay and Fern.

"How about you try teaching Kay first, and I'll watch with Fern. Maybe she'll pick up some ideas? I'm not really sure how limited her new body is - it doesn't seem like she can fly like Maku, but maybe if she tries super hard...?"

"Oh, and here's that Iron."


After passing over the Iron vitamin to Alex, Izzy settles down on the grass with Fern by her feet. Her focus tends to alternate between watching their surroundings, doing some rough sketches of Alex and Kay, and a few more detailed drawings of the various Moves that are thrown around. She also sends out Maku, so he can get a little practice Surfing through the air.
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
Posts: 12709
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Dlover » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:52 pm

Alex accepts the Iron with a nod, "Thanks. I'll get to work in a moment, then." Sparing a short moment to bring out Mercury and give him the Iron, Alex turns to Kay. "Izzy asked me to teach you a move. It's going to be a bit difficult, but since the move suits your species, I'm sure it will come naturally with a bit of work."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

User avatar
Synch
Game Master
Posts: 4695
Location: New Zealand

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Synch » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:47 am

"Yeah lets give Alex a call, he knows how important this is and he can brief the others. You do it, I hate phones," says Bjorn, his dislike of technology evident.

I have a sewaddle you might like, I also have a fletchling or maybe a spinarak if you want something different."

He turns to Luna. "You want me to carry it? I feel bad that you've been standing around holding it."
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Natrivv
Spokesperson in Training
Posts: 1444

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Natrivv » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:20 am

"Is that what's bothering you?" Irene less then gracefully asks, before getting out 900 herself.

"I'm not an expert by any stretch of the imagination, but you probably spent a lot of money on creating an environment for those trees. It's not much, but hopefully even a little more helps." Irene says giving him a warm smile gently squeezing his hand as she puts the money into it.
Irene charm check [5d6] = 18

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 16660
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:50 am

"A sewaddle would be cute! Or maybe a fletchling? Hmmm...I'll think on it a bit."

Haley nods and calls Alex "Allllexy!~ Guess who beat the gym! Both of us did!

So the reason I called you was about that thingy we found. Bjorn thinks it's important we do somethin' about it, and maybe talk to the others about it. Maybe we can meet up?"

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 7335

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Theis2 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:07 am

"We didn't leave you to go look so no we've not found anything beyond this guy."

Drake shrugs, antsy to have someone take responsibility for this venture.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Post Reply