PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Home to all current Forum Games.
User avatar
Natrivv
Spokesperson in Training
Posts: 1275

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Post by Natrivv » Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:51 pm

Irene finds the conversation very interesting, much more so then the question of just how relaxed are the laws if people just buy axes off the street.
"Pardon me, but I haven't heard of this, I'm always interested in seeing a new pokemon, where was the guy? Maybe you could show me, you look very capable." Irene chimes in trying to appear innocent. irene charm check [5d6] = 19

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 11265

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:16 am

Koa

Koa considers the items on the table, most importantly the pokeballs... Although not able to tell much about them, really. They all look like they're in okay shape, and he can obviously tell that some of them are the default types, basic, great, and ultra. With theree being 7, 4 and 3 respectively of those. But then there's also a whole bunch that don't seem immediately familiar, with perhaps one or two exceptions... There's a whole box of premier balls that he recognizes from before, as well as two dusk balls. There's at least five other kinds of pokeball though, in quantities ranging from one to four, which he doesn't recognize. Besides this, the stall also seems to be selling a variety of seemingly used clothes, switchblades and... Wallets.

"Hey there! I'm looking for things to catch pokemon with. Is this your best stuff?"

"Hmm? Err- Yeah." he responds, after a seemingly brief pause, looking Koa up and down before continuing.

"What you see is what you get. Seven hundred a piece. Except basic and greater of course, those go for... Two hundred and Three fifty."

Haley

Haley asks the robot about how to get more points... But is met with no real response, since, obviously, it's just a robot that's probably not advanced enough to actually understand what she's saying. She does remember that's what it said, though- As earlier thoughts about the potential sentience of the robot would be put into question as she moves to exit through the door... The head behind her turning a full 180 degrees to face her, eyes glowing red as it speaks a lot more... Fluently.

"LEAVING SO SOON, HALEY? AND JUST AS THINGS WERE GETTING FUN! WON'T YOU STAY AROUND TO MEET OUR SPECIAL GUEST?"

To this, all of the clowns begin laughing, in an unified, hellish noise... She doesn't let this distract her, though- As she hears something else as well... A low, shuffling sound, coming from somewhere ahead and to the left of her in the maze. As whatever it is approaches, runes on the walls nearby begin to glow... Most of it seeming like nonsense, but some of it making sense - Namely, warnings...

"It is blind"
"Do not let it hear you"
"Fueled by flame"
► Show Spoiler
Alex

Alex begins work on trying to create this "drink of the dead" thing and... Seems hopelessly lost about it all. He can barely even figure out what's supposed to be the right page in the book, let alone read half of the text. And then it comes down to ingredients and actually maintaining the fire, both of which he only barely passes... Even his intuition doesn't seem able to help him, as while he figures there might be some kind of trick to it all, he's not sure where it would best apply. The plaque at least still seems stuck, and he does find a random herb hidden in the room he could use because it's probably a part of the solution... But overall, he eventually just... Does what he can, even if he's pretty sure it's a piss poor job. The final result he manages to extract a thick, nasty looking brown sludge...

Izzy

Izzy meanwhile, eyes the tm's suspiciously... And comes to the conclusion that she really doesn't know that much about them. Is it possible to... "pirate" these kinds of things..? Can that go wrong, and how badly can it go wrong..? Honestly, she's probably not even one hundred percent sure about which tm is which without looking up the list. Still... She might as well ask about them.

"Hey, these look cool! But...how'd you figure out what they are, without the labels?"

"Oh!" the girl responds, seemingly not even to have noticed Izzy before, seeming a bit jittery. "Well... I dunno. I just take them as they come. Friend makes them. Don't ask me how, I just sell them. Real genius type. Does custom jobs, if you've the cash. Like custom moves, or discs that don't get erased after use." she nods, before her eyes seem to widen as if just remembering something. "Oh- You'll need to buy one of these too, though." she says, taking out and waving what seems to be... Some kind of walkman with a slot for a pokeball in it.

"This one's been... Lightly modified. I'll sell it for 1500. Or trade it for a legit one if you got it. Don't worry, it'll work on official TM's as well. Even seems faster than the uncracked ones. Or you could just... Wait, I guess. If you've the time."

"So... What you want?"


With that, the girl shows off her collection, which seems pretty extensive, and most of it significantly cheaper than it would be when buying it at the store... Although how legit any of them might still be seems perhaps a bit dubious... She also points out some of the "custom" discs, which apparently never got collected- So now they're being sold at a more "reasonable" price...

Code: Select all

1 - Hone claws 1000
8 - Bulk up 1000
13 - Ice beam 3900
17 - Protect 2250
23 - Smack down 2250
27 - Return 2725
30 - Shadow ball 2500
31 - Brick break 2200
37 - Sandstorm 1300
40 - Aerial ace 2600
42 - Facade 2900
46 - Thief 2000
47 - Low sweep 2200
48 - Round 2600
56 - Fling 1800
75 - Swords dance 1000
77 - Psych up 1900
88 - Sleep talk 1300
94 - Rock smash 1300
A3 - Surf 4600
C - Leech Life 2500
C - Parting shot 2500
Bjorn

Bjorn continues trying to climb upwards... Met with failure on the first attempt, crashing to the ground below- Although luckily finding his fall cushioned. The climb back up is annoying, but filled with more determination... As this time around, he makes it! Claiming what seems to be a TM on the top platform... Acrobatics, fittingly enough.

Irene

"Pardon me, but I haven't heard of this, I'm always interested in seeing a new pokemon, where was the guy? Maybe you could show me, you look very capable."

"Wha... Hey, now..!" the guy responds at first, seemingly as is offended that someone were listening in... But soon seems disarmed as he looks at the seemingly innocent girl and request.
"Ah, whatever. Like you don't like to brag about this kind of stuff all the time."
"Shut the hell up bro. Anyways, yeah, sure. I know the fella works in the bike shop or something, over in that direction... End of the market, follow the street next to the factory and take your second left. Can't miss it."

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
You'll Never Hear the End of It
Posts: 14614
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:25 am

"I might later.~"
Haley hums as she looks at the writing on the walls. She grins slightly as she has an idea. She undoes her shoes and takes them off, ready to throw them at a moments notice.

Per [5d6+5] = 18+5 = 23 intuition [2d6] = 2 stealth [1d6] = 1
When the thing gets close to her she stops and throws a shoe as far away as possible to distract it.
(Items: rare candy, idol x 1, 2 shoes, escape button)

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7079
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Dusk9 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:39 am

Scanning the TMs, Izzy hums quietly to herself, trying not to look too interested. In truth, there were a couple that had caught her eye. Main one being that Surf TM. But...4600 bucks! If she got the walkman thing too, that would be basically all her money! Maybe she could cut a deal instead...?

But first, she should probably get an expert opinion on this stuff. Make sure it wouldn't blow up in her face or anything like that. Turning around she searches for Jeremy, calling him over with a wave and a smile.

"Hey, check this out! This girl's friend is super smart, he's figured out how to make his own TMs! Look, he even modified a TM device to upload them. That's so cool, right?"

Frowning, Izzy turns back to the girl, while Jeremy presumably looks over the TMs.

"But...those device thingies must be pretty hard to get, huh? Don't you need a trainer license for them?"

"...oh, what if I got you a couple?! Could I get, like, a discount or something?"


Charm: 17

User avatar
SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 5177

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by SuperVaderMan » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:56 am

So these pokeballs are slightly cheaper, but probably not cheap enough to justify buying from a dubious seller. Koa tries probing a little further, though.

"Hmm... did you make these yourself? You need apricorns for the special ones, yeah? Do ya grow your own trees or something?" Koa specifically avoids asking 'why are yours cheaper than the store-bought ones'. Though the seller might be less-than-reputable, it wouldn't help to imply as much.

"I'm not familiar with most of these. I know all the regular stuff, and I've used Dusk balls before. Can ya tell me what these other special ones are?"

Intuition on Pokeball seller: 5d6+6 = [4, 3, 2, 2, 1] = 18
(Boosting to 20)

While Koa doesn't know much about tech stuff, he can still read people fairly well. It shouldn't be too hard to tell if this guy tries to pull a fast one.

User avatar
Natrivv
Spokesperson in Training
Posts: 1275

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Natrivv » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:21 pm

Oh thank you, but do you really think he'll show off to a random stranger? Since you've seen it you must be pretty awesome yourself!
Irene tries buttering up this person a little more before moving on to see this mysterious pokemon

irene charm check [5d6] = 13
Irene perception check [2d6] = 7

User avatar
Synch
Game Master
Posts: 4486
Location: New Zealand

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Synch » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:38 pm

Bjorn pockets he TM after a fistpump to himself, and assuming there is nothing else to explore on the platform or anywhere else to go but down, Bjorn climbs down and continues along the hall.
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
Posts: 11411
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Dlover » Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:41 am

Alex looks at the sludge for a moment before shuddering, "This counts. Whoever drinks this is as good as dead." Realising that he's been fiddling around without actually knowing why he's making this Concoction of Hell, he approaching the plaque to see if it has anything to say on the matter, deciding to approach the 'reaper' with the mixture if there's nothing forthcoming.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 11265

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:28 am

Haley

Haley gives... Very little attention to even trying to be sneaky. And whatever might be nearby seems to take not of as much, clunky footsteps now rapidly approaching her direction... Some clever thinking and advance notice has her ready for now, though- As she hears whatever it might be coming, and tosses one of her shoes as far behind her as she can, seeming to distract it... For a moment or two, at least. There seem to be a couple scratching sounds, before it's once again on the prowl, and she likely hasn't made as much progress as she'd have liked to... She does find in another dead end, something what looks like... A black candle with a blue flame?

Izzy

"Hey, check this out! This girl's friend is super smart, he's figured out how to make his own TMs! Look, he even modified a TM device to upload them. That's so cool, right?"

As Izzy calls over Jeremy from talking with Isabella, a bit surprised, he takes a moment to realize what's being said... Before beginning to chime in.

"Oh... Err, yeah, I think I've heard about that... Happening before... I dunno though. I always got the impression it was... Kind of sketch... You can't really guarantee what's on there, you know? It might just be an empty disc."

"They're all legit. Guy sells to our own kind as well- We'd be in deep shit if we played our own group."

"I... Suppose... But... Then still. They usually aren't the same kind of quality... A pokemon might get sick as the adjustment needs time to work in, assuming the disc works."


"Well... That usually lasts less than a day. And he's got it down to as little as one third of the time. Real genius, like I said." the girl reluctantly, and somewhat sheepishly admits, scratching her arm rather fervently as she does.

"But...those device thingies must be pretty hard to get, huh? Don't you need a trainer license for them?"

"I mean... I don't need em, but I know he's got problems with em, yeah."

"...oh, what if I got you a couple?! Could I get, like, a discount or something?"

The girl blinks a couple times, seeming to consider... Before scratching something at her feet, digging out what seems to be a cellphone, hastily typing something while responding.

"Yeah, that could probably work... Which one would you want? We could probably cut a deal..."

Koa

"Hmm... did you make these yourself? You need apricorns for the special ones, yeah? Do ya grow your own trees or something?"

"I'm not familiar with most of these. I know all the regular stuff, and I've used Dusk balls before. Can ya tell me what these other special ones are?"


The guy looks Koa up and down once more, before ever so subtly shaking his head.

"Look, kid, I'm pretty sure we both know what's going on here. Six fifty is as low as I'm willing to go. If you're looking for some specific or fancy stuff, this is not the place for it." the guy says, as Koa's intuition at least says the guy is being honest... In that he doesn't really know what half the stuff does himself. One of these might well be worth more than 800 and he'd probably not even know... Regarding him even a bit closer, though, Koa could swear that he seems to be thinking of "something" when he mentions "specific or fancy"- But is obviously not remarking further on it...

Irene

"Oh thank you, but do you really think he'll show off to a random stranger? Since you've seen it you must be pretty awesome yourself!"

"Well... Yeah, suppose I'm pretty awesome."
"Wow. Really?"
"Ah, shut up bro. Anyways, suppose I can show you the way... Wouldn't want you to get lost, right?"

With that, Irene leaves the safety of the rest of the group around... Escorted instead by one of these "junkrats" to this strange pokemon in questin.

"Sooooo, what's yer name?"

Bjorn

Bjorn climbs back down through the vent systems, leaving behind the left split and this mysterious "closed" room for now... And instead continues further along in the maze.

(I'll need perception and intuition rolls. That aside, just also a reminder of what happened before. :) )

Alex

Alex considers what to do next, holding the vile brew while looking around further... Not seeming to find any more hints, but he gets the "answer" to the riddle shoved in his face as he walks in front of the statue again, and it seems to almost be staring at him... As it speaks.

"DRINK."

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7079
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Dusk9 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:15 am

Izzy frowns as the "TM-sickness" is mentioned. Yeah, that'd pretty much been what she was worried about.

"But...the sickness is harmless, right? And they won't feel anything if they just stay in their ball?"

"Yeah, that could probably work... Which one would you want? We could probably cut a deal..."

"The Surf TM looked pretty good to me. How about I get you....three of those walkman things for it? That's about equal value, right? Plus another one for that cracked version. So that'd be four total for everything?"

User avatar
SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 5177

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by SuperVaderMan » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:46 am

Koa shrugs slightly. He was hoping for the chance this business would be on the up-and-up. Still, 650 is an even better deal than before, though he still doesn't know whether any of these pokeballs are any good.

"I'm gonna grab my friend - he knows more about this stuff than I do. I just wanna know what I'm buying, yeah?"

With that, Koa goes to find Jeremy, taking him aside wherever he may be.

"Hey Jeremy, I found a guy selling pokeballs, can you come check them out with me? I dunno what all the pokeballs are, and the guy doesn't seem to know either. He's selling 'em cheap, though. You think you could do that, name each of the pokeballs for me?"

"And I can't help but wonder if he's got a couple you can't find in stores. If he found that out, though, he'd probably hike the price up on it. If ya see something like that, could you let me know? Just say 'oh this looks interesting' or 'I haven't seen this one before.' Something like that."

With that quick plan in place, Koa returns to the pokeball seller with Jeremy in tow (whenever Izzy's done with him).

"Hey again! This is my friend, and like I said, he's just gonna go over this stuff and figure out what it is, yeah?"

"You said something about fancy stuff, though?" Koa asks, letting Jeremy go through the seller's inventory. "Is there a guy who does do fancy stuff? Maybe if I buy something, first, you wouldn't mind sharing?" Koa offers, taking a guess at why the seller was keeping quiet about it.

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
You'll Never Hear the End of It
Posts: 14614
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:46 pm

Haley blows out the candle and takes it with her. She waits and listens to hear if it's still moving or not.
Per [5d6+5] = 22+5 = 27
(Candle, idol x1, shoe x1, escape button, flashlight)

User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
Posts: 11411
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Dlover » Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:55 pm

Alex looks at the robot for a moment, then down at the sludge. Back up at the robot, back at the sludge. "Look, I'm pretty sure there aren't any poisonous herbs included, but I'm also sure that I've made one of the world's most effective chemical weapons somehow. How the hell would you even know what I'm drinking, anyway? It's not giving off any sort of magical aura - or maybe it's hidden by the ambiant aura, but you wouldn't be able to sense it regardless - and you're not the one drinking it, so there's no way you should be able to identify what's in it. You're just waiting for a person to make a drinking motion, aren't you? Well screw you."

Coming to the end of his insanity talking to a machine, Alex bolts the drink down as quickly as he can.

((How much Focus do I need to roll to not pass out and choke to death on my own vomit? :P ))
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

User avatar
Natrivv
Spokesperson in Training
Posts: 1275

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Natrivv » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:59 am

"Well... Yeah, suppose I'm pretty awesome."
"Wow. Really?" Irene gives a wink towards the guy who rightfully calls her out on her bad flattery.
"Ah, shut up bro. Anyways, suppose I can show you the way... Wouldn't want you to get lost, right?"
That's sweet of you, based on the towns reputation, I didn't think I'd meet anyone valiant here. Irene's voice taking on a sweet almost melodic tone.
irene charm check [5d6] = 25

With that, Irene leaves the safety of the rest of the group around... Escorted instead by one of these "junkrats" to this strange pokemon in questin.

"Sooooo, what's yer name?"
The fact the guy actually asked for her name instead of just bragging did catch her off guard.
Oh, well, I'm Iris. What's your name? Irene flushes at how badly she handled the name, defaulting the name she used back when trying to deceive the captain... though maybe that wasn't such a bad mistake.

irene guile check [4d6] = 8

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 11265

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:49 pm

Izzy

"But...the sickness is harmless, right? And they won't feel anything if they just stay in their ball?"

"I mean, yeah, sure, sure... Passes in a day at most, if you're unlucky."

"I heard it compared to having a bad hangover, mostly..."

"Yeah, that's not that bad, right..? Probably won't even notice if you keep them cooped up for the whole of it, either."

"The Surf TM looked pretty good to me. How about I get you....three of those walkman things for it? That's about equal value, right? Plus another one for that cracked version. So that'd be four total for everything?"

The girl continues tapping at her phone for a couple more moments, not seeming to have noticed Izzy... Before looking back up, waving some hair out of the way of her face as she does.

"Yeah... That should work. Four total for everything, as you say."


Koa

Koa, meanwhile, finds himself in a similar "haggling" situation... Excusing himself for a moment.

"I'm gonna grab my friend - he knows more about this stuff than I do. I just wanna know what I'm buying, yeah?"
The man shrugs in response, as Koa goes to grab Jeremy... Quickly relaying the information.

"Hey Jeremy, I found a guy selling pokeballs, can you come check them out with me? I dunno what all the pokeballs are, and the guy doesn't seem to know either. He's selling 'em cheap, though. You think you could do that, name each of the pokeballs for me?"

"Well... Yeah, that should be easy..."

"And I can't help but wonder if he's got a couple you can't find in stores. If he found that out, though, he'd probably hike the price up on it. If ya see something like that, could you let me know? Just say 'oh this looks interesting' or 'I haven't seen this one before.' Something like that."

"Oh! Erm... Well... I can try..." he replies, scratching the back of his neck in some slight hesitation... Seeming not completely comfortable with "lying", but willing to try none the less, as they move back... And after Koa gives a brief introduction, with the guy not seeming to care too much, Jeremy starts inspecting the pokeballs.

"Let's see, there's... Two heavy balls. Three timer balls. One nest ball, two net balls... Oh- This one is neat." he says, visibly picking it up for a moment. "A sport ball. And, also four heal balls..."

"You said something about fancy stuff, though? Is there a guy who does do fancy stuff? Maybe if I buy something, first, you wouldn't mind sharing?"

The man shrugs.

"Yeah, sure. Buy something and I might know some guy that does this kind of stuff... If you can grab hold of him."


Haley

Haley blows out the candle... As a horrifying shriek echoes through the halls of this place..! But with the footsteps she can clearly hear after, it's not quite gone yet... And now seems to rapidly be rushing towards her position!

(Athletics, or stealth...)

Alex

Alex... Rants for a solid 5 minutes to a non-responsive, cold machine. Before silently cursing and muttering to himself, as he drowns the foul liquid... Which is absolutely disgusting as much as he expected it to be, and he almost ends up gagging it all up again... But barely resists. Apparently, though, his efforts weren't good enough to even solicit a proper response from the animatronic, as only the door slides open... Before he can continue though, there's a sudden tap on his shoulder.

"Hey there?"

Irene

That's sweet of you, based on the towns reputation, I didn't think I'd meet anyone valiant.
"Oh, well, yeah, obviously some of us are above the common muck... Like myself, obviously!"
"Wow. Just don't get scammed, alright?" the other guy says, just shaking his head as he abandons ship, and the guy completely ignores him... And the one oblivious guy guides Irene... Or "Iris" to her destination.

"Oh, well, I'm Iris. What's your name?"

"Name's Dave! But then again, you probably already knew that. I'm a big deal, after all... Did you know that I once got fourth place in the dome? Yeah, that's me- I only didn't get first place cuz I was going up against Iron Betty and Doc!"

Ah, THERE is the part where he starts talking about himself nonstop.

"Yeah. It's a tough life on the streets, but I've done well for myself. Everyone wants to be friends with me, y'know, but you gotta be strong. Ain't that right, Harry!"

The guy he calls out seems to briefly glance over, give a confused look, then promptly ignores him.

"Yeaaaah... It's a good thing you found me miss- Nobody that could help you better in this city than me!"

"Anyways, we're almost at the shop... Of course, if you've just needed an excuse to talk, that's something I completely understand- In fact, I know this little pub, I could probably get you a drink..."


Bruce

"Bruce! Stop playing around with the alien and help me get this bike on the lift!"

The voice of the "big boss" probably snapped the younger mechanic out of the play time with his surprisingly friendly eldritch abomination... Most of the hype around it had, somehow, died off already.... Although there was still the occasional curious person coming out to check. The boss didn't mind one bit, luckily- After all, it were potential customers, as one of his partners would give him a light nudge before gesturing with his wrench towards the nearby alley.

"Hey, look who it is- Dave again, with someone else... You recognize her? No way it's his girl."

Bruce would know to agree. Everyone knew Dave, after all. He's not exactly the sharpest tool in the shed.

User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
Posts: 11411
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Dlover » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:21 pm

Doing his best to repress the memory of that foul drink, Alex turns toward the voice, moving into a smoother tone now that he's addressing a person, "Ah, hello. I guess you work he- Oh, first, would you like me to turn the flashlight on? I guess most people may find it a little dark in here."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

User avatar
SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 5177

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by SuperVaderMan » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:42 pm

"Oh- This one is neat. A sport ball."

"Oh really? What does it do?"

Koa looks back to the seller. "Yeah, alright. Now that I know what these are, I'll take... a Heavy, two Ultras, and two Basics. That should come out to... Twenty-three-fifty," Koa says, fishing out some of the winnings from yesterday. He glances up from counting it, eyeing the seller's response. "You sure this stuff's all good?"

Intuition to catch potential swindling: 5d6+6 = [6, 5, 4, 1, 1] = 23
(Boosting to 25)

Assuming Koa thinks it is, he'll complete the transaction and move on to other matters.

"So about this guy...?"

User avatar
Natrivv
Spokesperson in Training
Posts: 1275

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Natrivv » Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:19 pm

Oh, what's the dome? Fourth place is pretty impressive, sometimes luck can be the deciding factor. One bad match up can do a lot.

That's sweet of you, but I'm a little young to be drinking.

Hello? Pardon me, I heard there was a very special pokemon here?

After hopefully seeing it Irene pretends to answer a text message while contacting her favorite, and least favorite guide, the Spark.

Code: Select all

"Hey what do you think, is this an ultra beast?"

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
You'll Never Hear the End of It
Posts: 14614
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:54 pm


User avatar
SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 6839

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by SamWiser » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:16 pm

"Bruce! Stop playing around with the alien and help me get this bike on the lift!"

Hey, this thing is a demon from hell, for all we know! If it likes me, I think I should do my best to appease it so it doesn't kill us all! Bruce speaks while playing with the strange pokemon, turning it on it's head and spinning it like a top. It always seemed to give a laugh before floating up to poke him gently on the nose with it's... head horn... thing, then gloating back down to the ground again. Either way, Bruce puts the pokemon in it's ball again before getting back to work. Can't slack off too hard.

"Hey, look who it is- Dave again, with someone else... You recognize her? No way it's his girl."

No, I've never seen her. Maybe she's his cousin or something? No way he could con a girl like that to be his girlfriend. And any way, they seem to be headed... this way. Oh, crap.

Hello? Pardon me, I heard there was a very special pokemon here?

Yeah, and who told you that?

Bruce gives Dave the evil eye. Yeah, I guess there is. My Haunter is pretty special. Stronger, and moves farther, than most other's I've seen. I suppose if you'd like, you could see him up close. Bruce starts fidgeting with the Haunter's ball while giving her a nasty grin.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

User avatar
Natrivv
Spokesperson in Training
Posts: 1275

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Natrivv » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:12 am

Raising her eyebrow, Irene eyes this man up and down. He might not be the brightest, or the smoothest operator, but Dave seemed honest, enough. This guy, Bruce, he seemed to be toying with her... in that case

"Oh really? " Irene pulls up Rythem's ball. "My friend her is very talented herself. You wouldn't believe the moves we learned watching some Saturday morning shows." Letting out the curious spinda Irene continues. "Of course if you're intimidated by us we'll understand"

As she says this both her and spinda twirl and pose at the same time... in a very unintimidating girly fashion.

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7079
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Dusk9 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:48 am

"Yeah... That should work. Four total for everything, as you say."

"Great! Lemme just go grab them. You'll still be here in an hour or two, right? Mind saving it for me until then?"

Assuming the girl agrees, Izzy then goes back to browsing the stalls. Might as well see what else she could spend her cash on before committing. She's mainly looking for somewhere that's got Held Items for Pokemon. Oh, and someone who might want to buy the Chemistry Set, X-Attack, and Dire Hit she found on the Plasma frigate.

User avatar
Synch
Game Master
Posts: 4486
Location: New Zealand

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Synch » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:33 am

(Sorry, not leaving the vent system. See OOC thread.))

Bjorn stops back at the grill looking into the doorless room. He uses his strength to pry this grill open also, then attempts to use his rope to anchor so something so he can have a method of getting back up. If there's nothing to anchor onto. Bjorn ties his rope to the grill and wedges it in a way that it supports his weight on the rope, then lowers himself into the room.

Bjorn Athletics check: 5D6 = [5, 5, 1, 2, 4] = 17
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 6839

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by SamWiser » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:32 am

I'm not intimidated, but I know a matchup that I can't beat. So, how about this. 4v4, and if you win, you might see something special
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

User avatar
Natrivv
Spokesperson in Training
Posts: 1275

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Natrivv » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:34 pm

"Deal, I'll be starting with Rythem."

Rythem takes the stage in her lilting fashion.

Rythem 24/24 103 hp

Post Reply