PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Home to all current Forum Games.
User avatar
The Lost
Converses Frequently
Posts: 535

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by The Lost » Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:37 pm

”That won’t be a bad idea to get more information....um Matthias can I speak to you?”


<I am going to get some answers about something. I am not going too far.>



Haley will go to a more secluded area to talk to Mathias privatly.
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 13949

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Dec 06, 2020 3:36 pm

Haley, Koa

“Grimm, for someone who claims to a lore master, you are pretty shit with plans. Just because we can’t think of anything just yet does not mean we are going to use that plan. It has several factors that can go wrong and puts a looot of people in unneccicary danger. Maybe we can, I dunno, track where they are going and stop them before they take down a god thing?”

"While those things may not necessarily be related, you've dismissed my plan out of hand. I've means to remotely let their organization know I possess the artifact, and that I wish to talk. From there, I've magical means to escape should things go wrong at the meeting- And if I can get Prometheus in a designated area, that is all I need. It's far from perfect, especially given recent intel... But unless you've means of getting the information in the first place, there's no plan at all. And who would I be threatening besides myself? I'd not ask you to join me." Grimm spits out, a bit defensively, and clearly getting more than just annoyed by this point, even as Koa tries to defuse the situation.

"...You seem really stuck on this plan of yours. But it's just not good enough for us to trust you with one of these... reality-cube things. Ya gotta refine it more with what you know now, yeah? Maybe... I dunno, push him into a portal going somewhere else other than Babylon?"

"...Possible. Potentially, even easier. But where..?"

"But you're asking us to come up with something better than your idea, yeah? The thing is, we just don't know enough to make a good plan. We can guess that taking Prometheus out of the picture will put a stop to it, which, yeah, probably. But we already know he's some kinda super-man, so we don't even know if we can do that. It's all just guess-work."

"That's why we're investigating things, yeah? You saw what they're doing on Hamachi, that thing they let slip to everyone who could see, with the cube they got? We're heading to the western port and then taking a boat there to check it out. To... learn anything about what Prometheus is up to - what he wants, what he's even doing here in the first place, what his plans are, whatever he's got going on. The plans will come after when we know more, yeah?"


"I see your point, but the only means we currently seem to have to figure out more seems equivalent to walking in a trap. And who knows exactly what the Godslayers have planned, and how close they are? For all we know time is already running out."

"...But you said something about how the god-pokemon came together once before, yeah? To beat some missingno. thing called... Midas? It'd be great if they could come together again and help sort out this mess, with Prometheus and the Overseer."

"That was a very long time ago. And it was not even all the gods..."

"Honestly I've... kinda been trying to set something like that up. Y'know, network together whatever strong guys we find to help save the world! I've got a couple on board, but we could use a lot more, and it's really hard to find all these god-pokemon scattered around, yeah?"

"So how about we work something out? We do our investigation and keep you informed on what the Godslayers are up to, and you can use your connections to find more folks to band together, so we can get ready to take on the bad guys? Or whatever else you think'll help!"


Grimm grumbles, at first at least an "I already told you it's not going to happen," coming out when Koa mentions still getting people together to help, but still, he seems to be thinking. And eventually speaks again.

"Fine. Let us come to a compromise, then. I'll let you try and figure things out. To see if you can get some folks back together again. I'll even help. But my condition is a promise that in return, that when, or if, it turns out that your plans are unfeasible... We go back to mine. Or at the very least, you'll hand over what I need. Let us propose that this deadline shall be set after your visit to Hamachi, if by then there are no better ideas. Perhaps that'll give me time to think over some of the oddities you have explained as well."

"...I'd also ask that if you are to do something exceptionally foolish, you hand the artifact in question over to me before executing it. If only so it would not get lost should you fail."

"Speaking of help... If your plan is truly to try and reconnect the gods, then I already have some. You know of two now in this city, of course. And I can tell you about another three. I'd like for you to see how easy it would be to persuade them."
Grimm notes, though seeming to speak almost with a bit of a mocking tone... Before waiting to see if the trainers would agree to his terms.

Haley, meanwhile, also takes Matthias to the side, asking to speak to him privately.
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
The Lost
Converses Frequently
Posts: 535

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by The Lost » Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:29 pm

► Show Spoiler
Last edited by The Lost on Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 6116

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by SuperVaderMan » Thu Dec 10, 2020 2:53 pm

Phew! With Grimm... not 'content' with that answer, but accepting for now, that should be every immediate concern resolved!

Now all that's left to do is clean-up. The police (or equivalent) can get these bad guys squared away, the trainers will probably have to report on everything that happened, and Grimm can hook Koa up with his godly contact list.

Speaking of, Koa takes out his phone and gives Grimm a questioning look.

"So do you have a phone, or...?"

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 13949

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Dec 12, 2020 3:32 pm

Haley
► Show Spoiler
Koa

"So do you have a phone, or...?"

Grimm scoffs, but shakes his head. "I do not. I shall contact you when the time is right. Give me your number. I shall see whether I call you, or whether meet you later... You are heading further toward Hantu, correct?" Grimm asked, seeming to remember Koa's phone number without issue, before continuing.

"I suppose I shall be leaving, then. I've wasted enough time, apparently. All that needs be done is handing in these crooks, and I believe you all have that handeled. Before I leave, the people you should find, however. First you already know of the head nurse and headmaster of the academy, Magnus and Uyum as they call themselves now. Besides this, you should go investigate the Queen and King of their respective gangs more closely. And, very finally, the president of the Lunar corporation."

"I do look forward to seeing how many of them you can convince to help."

With those final words, Grimm waits a moment longer, before beginning to float upward. It seems like he intends to check on his "troops" before departing once again. Leaving the trainers, in a sense, free to do as they please.
Temple Mind wrote:I suppose it is finally over! :)

With that, I ought to be leaving this temple and let it return to normal. :)

Well, normal - I plan to do a couple adjustments so it won't target any of you guys anymore. ;)

And, ah, Irene did propose that perhaps miss Gayle should become an official priestess..? :)
"Ah... Part of me, now I'm finally free- I just want to go home... But, if it's important... I can make sure the temple stays protected."

"I'm afraid I'll be leaving myself, soon. I'm not long for this world. Ahaha, no, wipe that look away, I'm not suggesting I am going to die! No, but I am leaving this world. I am heading somewhere I only know of because of my research. A place called Ultra Megalopolis. It calls for me."

"Never the less, you worry too much dear. Were it not for divine intervention, this tower would never even have been breached. None get past the second floor while the trap is active. You'll have time."


"Right... Yes. Okay."

"Ah, perhaps, if I may suggest one little abuse of power while the tower is still controlled... Could we bust out our associate? The kid that got captured with the staff- She worked for us directly, not quite the Red Hand."

"Oh, perhaps she could help keep guard, too. She'd be interested, wouldn't she..?"

Temple Mind wrote:Erm, well, sure, okay! That shouldn't be too hard. :)

Assuming everyone else agrees..? :o
"I guess in the meantime we'll just get everyone downstairs, and then tip off Jack. We'll probably get a big cash reward for this, from the league."

"...Would anyone complain about finders keepers..?"

User avatar
The Lost
Converses Frequently
Posts: 535

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by The Lost » Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:59 pm

► Show Spoiler
Haley frowns at Matthias feeling a pull to a certain place. "Are you sure that it's safe? If you are feeling a pull to there...I am not sure if you should go right now.... How would you even get there? You just barely survived from what you did, I don't think you should go there anytime soon..."

User avatar
SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 6116

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by SuperVaderMan » Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:51 am

The gang leaders? Koa suspected that one lady, the Queen, was it? So that makes sense. He's not sure who the King is supposed to be, and he's not sure whether he's even heard of the Lunar corporation or not.... That's a lot of talking, too, and honestly Koa just wants to move on from this city - it feels like he's been stuck here for years.

So now what, Koa wonders? He supposes he'll address an immediate concern.

"Do ya suppose we wait here for Jack to pick up all these bad guys, or should we march 'em out?

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 13949

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:54 am

Haley

Matthias and Haley continue their conversation for a bit. At a certain point, Matthias is seen burst out laughing, and clearly needs a couple moments to compose himself even though he seems very apologetic through it all.
► Show Spoiler
Haley, Koa

"Are you sure that it's safe? If you are feeling a pull to there...I am not sure if you should go right now.... How would you even get there? You just barely survived from what you did, I don't think you should go there anytime soon..."

"Oh but I feel fine! Very fine indeed. Better than ever! Besides, I can't stay. I wouldn't be able to spend a day on the street looking like this! Makeup is only going to bring me so far."

"Regardless, there's no need to worry too much. I do not expect I'll be able to leave too soon. I need to track down a way, first."


"Do ya suppose we wait here for Jack to pick up all these bad guys, or should we march 'em out?

"I suppose we can take care of it. Well... Let's get to work."

And to work did the trainers get, though luckily, most of the work by this point is done for them. Regipsy released from apparently being locked down in the basement, the golem begins using telekinesis to lift the organization members down one by one, to eventually meet with a rather surprised Jack. Clearly, he wasn't expecting what had been a thorn in his side for ten years to be resolved in but a single night.

Assuming no protest from the others, he too is told about the tower, and given immunity to its effects. Following which a lot of boring administrative work... Which seems to culminate in, apparently, a local senator wanting to commend them. Luckily for the trainers, Blake Mekka seems just as glad, if not more, that the trainers do not seem interested in meeting directly, citing exhaustion. They get an obviously pre-written "thank you" on their cells instead... And a nice cash injection.

-Every trainer earns 7000 pokedollars

Back at the tower, Matthias and Gayle assemble some equipment. Largely things they'd have no obvious need for themselves, but perhaps the trainers might...
-Shell bell
-Stat booster: SATT
-Pink pearl
-Heavy armor
-Running shoes
-Band of deflection - Headgear - Grants the synchronize ability
-Ring of lifting - Accessory - Grants the telekinetic capability
-Staff of tricks - Fine staff weapon. Grants the moves trick room, wonder room and gravity

With that, Sparky does keep good up on his promise, leaving the tower behind as normal operations resume. With the exception of the trainers immunity now, of course. As, finally, the trainers manage to retire back to a bed. And have a nicely deserved night of sleep...

END OF CHAPTER 5, PART 2

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 13949

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:55 am

BEGIN INTERMISSION 10

Well, that all was certainly something.

Now, with him gone, I suppose it's on me to do these again? Let's see... Maybe I can-

FUCK YOU.

Oh. There you are.

I HATE YOU.

BUT THIS IS NOT OVER YET.

JUST BECAUSE I AM TRAPPED.

DOES NOT MEAN I HAVE YET GOTTEN THROUGH TO THESE PLAYERS MY INTENTION.

NO BONUS STORY THIS TIME. PICK ONE.

Image

User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
Posts: 13916
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Dlover » Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:47 pm

I'll vote left.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

User avatar
SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 6116

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by SuperVaderMan » Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:15 pm

Assuming Colress is the one on the right, and given recent happenings, I'll vote the right one!

User avatar
SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 7212

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by SamWiser » Fri Dec 25, 2020 2:05 pm

I'll vote right as well.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 13949

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Dec 26, 2020 5:40 am

Begin tale: The doomed scholar (The magician)

Slow, methodical steps progressed through the forest. Occasionally, the man that seemed to stroll as if he were only on a lazy afternoon walk, despite it being almost the dead of night, checked the apparatus on his arm. Numbers and digits that made sense only to his eye filled it. Each time, sometimes adjusting his trajectory a bit, he continued walking toward an unspecified goal. Though he halted as behind him came the sound of a snapping twig. Without even looking around, he began to speak.

"Ah, Kyurem. I was expecting to see you, still," the man spoke. Just a couple paces behind him, the figure came to a halt as well. A tall, imposing man, stoic gaze upon his visage. His voice cold as he responded.

"You used me."

"Did I?" the scientist spoke as he turned around himself, even now still fiddling with the device on his arm. "I believe we had made a trade, and both of us got what we requested."

"The DNA splicers are not what I wanted. They are... An abomination," the God spoke, gaze averting. Colress, now finally turning around to face him, seemed just as stoic as he responded once more.

"But it was what you requested. The fact is simply you did not know what it truly is you wanted. To be quite honest with you, I still think you do not know what that is. Personally, I think you are requesting a logical fallacy or an impossibility," he spoke, silence falling for only a second as he continued.

"You are an empty shell left behind when you split in two parts. You want to feel whole again, without attacking the individuality of what you consider to be two sons. It is an impossibility."

"I predict an about twenty-three percent odds you will try and fight me. We both know that is a battle you cannot win," Colress posed, silence for a long moment... And then, an answer.

"...I need the artifact back," the man responded. Immediately, he found an orb tossed in his direction. It was caught with just the slightest hint of surprise.

"...That easy?"

"I already have everything I need, Kyurem. My plan succeeded. I've opened a way home. I'm leaving."

"A way home, at what cost?"

"We've already had this discussion before, didn't we?" the scientist seemed to shrug off. "I do not care if some demons die. Though this particular method of destruction was orchestrated by Ghetsis. Quite a demon, that one. Part of me considered dealing with him myself. But ultimately, you should deal with your internal affairs yourself."

"Goodbye, Kyurem."

With a nonchalant turn, the scientist continued once more toward his goal. An awkward moment, as if either side was expected to lash out after all. But after a bit, even the god turned around, returning with what was important in hand. Though the man would have one more interruption before achieving his goal. This time, it would come from the rustling of trees above. Whoever was there clearly not intent on hiding. And all Colress needed to deduce who his final encounter would be to look upon the pair of legs dangling from the branch, and the gaze of slightly glowing eyes.

"Ah, N. I wasn't expecting you, I'll admit. I figured you most likely to go after your father. That, or you trying to get what you'd call justice... But you are not stupid enough to be here alone if tha-"

"I just want answers," the voice from above interrupted. Colress gaze briefly sliding down to the device attached to his arm, before his eyes turned back to meet the boy. "I suppose I have some time to spare."

"Why did you follow fathers plan? We had made a promise. You got the orb- You could do whatever was needed with it to get home without causing all of this."

"If I remember correctly, my promise to you was that I would not cause more death if I did not find it necessary. However, it absolutely was. An interesting observation I made is that the world of the dead appears to lie directly between your world and mine. In other words- If my plan was to work, I would have to go straight through there."

"The artifact was but the catalyst. Opelucid city was the payload."

Above him, N almost seemed to growl, though the young boy stayed well put above the scientist. Accosting him only with words rather than actions.

"And deception doesn't make you a 'demon' either, I presume? You knew this from the start!"

"Technically, I spoke the truth. But it would be a lie to claim a technical truth is what makes it okay," the man started, still occasionally tapping away at his device with no pause.

"Really, I just see no issue with lying to demons."

"But you know we're not demons!" an upset voice came from above. "You know we're not all evil. Maybe that's how things work in your world, but it's not here! Things are different!"

"But neither are you all good. By sheer logical conclusion, the only possible outcome is that you are all demons," the scientist nonchalantly concluded, pushing his glasses further up the bridge of his nose. "It would be false to claim that demons can not perform acts that look altruistic from the outside, after all. For example, it may appear to look as if they are defending one another. But in truth, it is simply a survival tactic- If one of them dies, they can't be protected in return. If they offer a favor, it is always with the expectancy of increased relations, or for it to be returned in the future."

"But- You do all these things too! Don't you see the hypocrisy?!" the boy yelled by this point. The scientist responded as stoic as ever.

"But it is different for us. We are our lord's chosen ones. We know that any actions from us to each other, are true altruism. Really, I don't think you need to be a scientist to figure that one out," Colress now practically mocked, by this point seeming to get tired of the conversation.

But N had one more thing left to say.

"...Alright. Here's one thing I figured out myself. I'd have thought maybe someone as smart as you would have done the same, but I guess you just need a helping hand."

"It is obvious our worlds are connected in some way. Mirrored in some aspects, perhaps? I remember your stories, about the demon clans. But there's a funny observation I made. You only recount six. Each one seeming to resemble one of the sins we recognize in this world."

"But we don't have six sins. We have seven."

"Your lord wanted something he could not have. So he created a lie."

"You, and everyone else in that city of yours. You're all demons too! You're all Pride!"

A silence overtook the clearing all by sudden, as even the distant chirping of Pokemon seemed to grow suddenly very quiet. And the temperature dropped- A chill overtaking the clearing, a breath of hot air escaping from Colress as fangs briefly glistened behind that pearly visage. Around the scientists feet, grass seemed to wither away inch by inch. Until all suddenly seemed to return to normal with a laugh.

"Ahaha. I see you are trying to anger me. Perhaps cloud my judgment? I am afraid it will not work. It is a cute theory you have however. Completely baseless, of course."

"Now. Get out of my way, N. I will kill you if I have to."

In the trees above, the boy seemed to hesitate a moment longer, before getting up. And with a couple of leaps, disappeared from immediate sight. With no further hesitation, Colress continued. It was not far now.

Still, as he looked at the device on his arm, at times he could not help but frown. Some of these readings seemed... Off. Not exactly what he expected.

But he swallowed those doubts. After all, he could not be wrong. His plan had worked. It was the only possible conclusion.

And so he ignored the fact that as he got closer and closer to the origin, even if the energy he senses did not seem exactly what he would call "home", he chalked it up to... Interdimensional warping. A quick theory he was sure to examine. Later. When he was at home.

Quite so confident he was, that by the point he realized something had truly gone wrong, it was already too late. As the fabric of space was torn open in front of him, and it reached out.

TVkgREVBUkVTVCBMSVRUTEUgSU5TRUNULgpJIEhBVkUgU0VFTiBZT1VSIEJFQUNPTiBDTEVBUi4KSSBBTSBIRVJFIFRPIFNBVkUgWU9VIEFMTC4KV0lUSCBNWSBBTEwtRU5DT01QQVNTSU5HIExJR0hULg==

End of tale: The doomed scholar (The magician)
Unlocked 1 of 2: The empty one


PERHAPS IT WOULD HAVE BEEN MORE FITTING IF IT HAD BEEN ICARUS TO BE FIRST BROUGHT TO THIS WORLD.

THOUGH THIS SEEMS LIKE A FITTING END REGARDLESS.

END INTERMISSION 10

User avatar
The Lost
Converses Frequently
Posts: 535

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by The Lost » Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:21 pm

► Show Spoiler
"...Dude you can literally wear a pokemon costume and nobody cares. You can just say it's make up or if you really feel like you stick out in a crowd get a pokemon costume. Or say you have a medical condition...I think that's a thing? And it won't be technically be false."

"Umm...Magus I have a question, do you know where they sell evolution stones, berries and braces around here? I was looking for an evolution stone for one of my pokemon but I couldn't find it."




(Medical condition where one uses small bits of silver over a large periods of time can make them a blueish grey colour)

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 13949

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:06 pm

CHAPTER 6: Angels and demons

Haley
► Show Spoiler
"...Dude you can literally wear a pokemon costume and nobody cares. You can just say it's make up or if you really feel like you stick out in a crowd get a pokemon costume. Or say you have a medical condition...I think that's a thing? And it won't be technically be false."

"But a costume is a costume! I suppose you're not completely wrong, however. It is not like my 'affliction' as you call it should have any consequences besides the stares."

Everyone

After one hellish night and adventure, the trainers settle back to their motel or hostel, staying the night. Then spend one day sleeping in and recovering after this night- And taking the time to do the needful of what needs to be done, including buying supplies, and for some, making some visits to peculiar characters.

(You have one day of downtime - This can be used for training, healing, and/or retoractive interactions.)

Then, after one more night of rest, the group gathers at the eastern exit out of the city. Ahead of them, the road stretches on for a long time, in obvious disarray. A concrete road that has been left barely functional, sides of the road reclaimed by nature as any vehicle passing through would take the center of the road. With some apparent hesitation, Jeremy speaks up while releasing his metang, intent on using it as a mount. Not the most comfortable one, but it was doubtful he had the physical condition to walk all the while.

"S-So, Hantu is a bit further than last time. We might be looking at a couple of days of travel. U-Unless we all have mounts? I don't think we have, but even then..."

"What he's trying to say, you all got enough rations and some tents to get through a couple of nights, right?"

(Everyone give me a survival and perception check)

User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
Posts: 13916
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Dlover » Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:37 am

((Should we be actually checking on rations?))

Survival;Perception: 2D6 = [6, 3] = 9
1D6 = [5] = 5


Alex is unusually attentive after a good rest, which is to say he'll still see nothing.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

User avatar
The Lost
Converses Frequently
Posts: 535

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by The Lost » Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:04 pm

Alright first thing's first the surv and per checks

per [6d6+3] = 21+3 = 24 Surv [6d6+2] = 17+2 = 19
+ 2 on per if it's somewhere Haley has taken a picture of and in her archive (which she tries to maintain as best as possible)
+2 on both checks if glitch related

-------
During training Haley gives Amber attack conflict (spatt) and realized potential (most put into def/spef). She gives Amber the eviolite, making her a frekin' tank. Haley is also going to have amber learn ancient power if possible.

Willow holds the fire brace. And because Willow is 10 lvs above evolution, I having her evolve.

Buttercup is also going to evolve with the shiny stone. (and learn weather ball, costing 250 for Alex)

User avatar
SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 7212

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by SamWiser » Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:38 am

During his time to plan, he will give Knight Venom (Last Chance-Poison Type) using Type Ace, as well as Trail Sniffer, using Pusher. He grabs some old camping gear from home, and grabs what food he can find that won't spoil. For a citydweller, he does a pretty good job at packing, all things considered.

He gives all of his pokemon some very Brutal Training, perhaps pushing them a little too far. Each take one injury, and in return become Hardened, gaining +1 to Crit chance and Effect Range.

Survival=11
Perception=8


He will also post the following message online in a relevant spot.

Pokemon For Sale: $5,000
Castform, Grimer, Koffing, Magnemite, Porygon, Solosis, Trubbish, or Voltorb

Ethically Raised, Favorable Nature Promised. Can improve stats (Message me which ones), give egg moves, or improve coloring for contsts. Extra cost to be determined upon request. $3,500 up front, rest of payment due upon delivery. May also accept trades for valuable items/pokemon.
► Show Spoiler
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

User avatar
The Lost
Converses Frequently
Posts: 535

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by The Lost » Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:01 am

(That price should be a bit higher for selling them, at least souble if not more of what it would cost you)

User avatar
SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 7212

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by SamWiser » Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:44 am

(Unless they changed the perk recently, I'm definitely making my money back. 3.5k to create, sell for 5k, and if they want better stats, moves, etc. I can bump it up more)
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

User avatar
SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 6116

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by SuperVaderMan » Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:05 pm

During the group's day of downtime/travel preparation, Koa lets Naolhi the Combee and Analo the Chimecho do their thing, searching for goodies in Murkoff!
Pickup w/ Naolhi: 1D20 = [5] = 5
Pickup w/ Naolhi (Probability Control w/ Analo): 1D20 = [7] = 7
Pickup w/ Naolhi (Probability Control + Entrainment w/ Analo): 1D20 = [6] = 6

...And they bring back more drugs. Great.

On the day of the group's departure, they try again!
Pickup w/ Naolhi rest day: 1D20 = [8] = 8
Pickup w/ Naolhi rest day (Probability Control w/ Analo): 1D20 = [17] = 17

This time, however, the duo bring back some kind-of shiny evolution stone! Neat!

-----

After getting his team sorted and after a couple last-minute preparations, Koa arrives at the east-most exit to the city with the other trainers, ready to depart!

Perception and Survival leaving Murkoff:
2D6 = [5, 1] = 6
6D6+2 = [2, 5, 2, 5, 4, 6]+2 = 26


His eyes aren't the sharpest, but Koa will gladly take point as the group pathfinder!

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 13949

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:52 pm

Everyone

(Naolhi found an X defend, and an fire stone)

After the business is arranged, the group proceeds with their travel. Koa seeming to mostly take the lead, much practice making him innately accurate with reading the map and figuring out their current progress. And, potentially even figure out some potential fun detours, depending on interests. They're not there quite yet, but it seems like there should be a small lake not too far off the path further on ahead- A chance for water pokemon, perhaps?

Actual perception isn't his forte, though, which is where Izzy shines, while others remain modest as she points out most things of interest. Most pokemon staying a decent distance away from the path, but some are still noticed and, given interest, pointed out, as followings.

-A family of breloom
-Some duosion
-Ponyta, with one rapidash leader
-A single pinsir, that had absconded the moment it had detected the trainers.


During this time, and last day, Bruce had also taken the time to sell his services on a forum online, advertising he'd be in Hantu soon... And does find a willing buyer quite quick! Asking if he could make sure to have a porygon ready for them by the time he arrives, or not much later, at least.

User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
Posts: 13916
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Dlover » Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:08 pm

No pokemon of interest for Alex.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

User avatar
The Lost
Converses Frequently
Posts: 535

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by The Lost » Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:52 pm

Haley seems interested in breloom, abd the potential for water pokemon.




Anything about teaching Amber ancient power?

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7999
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:19 am

(...am I going crazy, or has my last post in this thread disappeared? I definitely remember writing one with Survival and Perception checks for Izzy...)

Izzy lets the others know about the Pokemon she spotted, but doesn't have any interest in them herself. She's happy to take a detour to the lake though, if that's what the others want to do.

EDIT:
Survival: 2D6 = [3, 1] = 4
Perception: 6D6 = [5, 3, 2, 3, 1, 3] = 17

Post Reply