PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Home to all current Forum Games.
User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 13878

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:53 pm

BEGIN INTERMISSION 9

What? I-

STOP THIS.

YOU CAN NOT CONTINUE THIS.

THIS IS NOT HOW IT IS SUPPOSED TO GO.

...Zygarde. You can not start an intermission just because you don't like what's happening.

JUST TWENTY MORE SECONDS.

THAT IS ALL IT NEEDS.

WHY ARE YOU NOT STOPPING THEM?

YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE ON MY SIDE.

YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO WANT THE GRAND OVERSEER DEAD. AT ANY COST.

I do. But what made you think my plans for that ever involved you?

I HAVE A PLAN.

YOU KNOW I HAVE A PLAN.

YOU KNOW IT CAN WORK. WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS.

LOOK, GRIMM IS AGAINST HIM. HAVE HIM STOP IT!

Grimm might be against it, but he dares not risk combat given the circumstances.

WELL, WHAT ABOUT GAYLE? SHE HAS DOUBTS DOESN'T SHE? HAVE HER STOP IT!

Gayle will have her regrets in due time.

WHAT ABOUT THE GREEN KID? YOU DIDN'T GIVE HER THE CHANCE TO RELEASE THAT CACNEA! SHE SHOULD HAVE!

Well, I mostly just wanted to be nice, because Magnus was going to curb stomp the pokemon KO if it was only one trainer that was being openly hostile...

...IS THIS REVENGE. FOR THAT ONE TIME I SAID I OWNED YOU?

COME ON BUDDY.

PAL.

MATE.

FRIEND.

YOU KNOW I WAS ONLY JOKING, RIGHT?

WHAT IS A LITTLE BIT OF FRIENDLY RIBBING AMONG FRIENDS?

...I'm continuing. Bye, Zygarde.

NO!

END OF INTERMISSION 9

User avatar
GRAND OVERSEER
Mumbles Incoherently
Posts: 21

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by GRAND OVERSEER » Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:53 pm

REVBUkVTVCBMSVRUTEUgU1BJREVSLgoKU1BJTk5JTkcgWU9VUiBXRUJTIEZST00gVEhFIERBUksuCgpQUkVQQVJFIEZPUiBQVVJJRklDQVRJT04u

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 13878

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:54 pm

BEGIN CHAPTER 5, PART 2: THE FALLOUT

As the shard disappears behind the black veil, for a couple of short moments it seemed as if nothing was happening. Besides Matthias finally collapsing, a rasping sound escaping from his lungs- Luna already rushing over to see if he can help, together with the more mundane healing methods of Jeremy. Though their methods would be briefly interrupted as the room erupted in a blinding light - The once darkened portal seeming to erupt with an almost nauseating essence. As it did, it appeared like something flew out- An object, bouncing against the ground with force, before continuing to bounce further away from their group. Only seconds later, the burden of presence was lifted, as the portal closed, shutting itself down in naught but an instant. Seeming to return the world to a strange sense of normalcy... Mostly.

"...This has certainly been something."

User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
Posts: 13773
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Dlover » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:27 pm

"I knew it. It's unleashed some sort of horror demon, hasn't it? Well, won't be the first demon I've beaten up, probably won't be the last." Alex heads after the weird bouncing thing to work out what it is.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

User avatar
SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 6095

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by SuperVaderMan » Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:27 am

"Phew... so... it's all over, yeah? All the schemes, all the attacks - the gang business?" Koa looks around the room at all the fallen Red Hand members. The trainers should probably set to rounding them up and securing them, shouldn't they?

Koa briefly considers checking on Matthias, but with Jeremy and Luna already on the case, Koa and his lack of medical knowledge would probably just get in the way. Instead, he considers the empty air where that spatial distortion had been just moments before.

"...I have to wonder if that worked. And what it means for us if it did? I dunno if that thing was working with the Godslayers or not, but even without its help, the Godslayers are still a big problem, yeah? You said you had a plan for them, didn't you?" Koa glances in Grimm's direction. "'Cause I think we've got plenty of time, now."

"We're gonna have to talk things over, too," Koa says, taking out his Pokedex and glancing down at the screen. "With all this Missingno. stuff happening, I think I wanna get a better idea of what's going on with you guys."

The Lost
Is Heard Often
Posts: 325

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by The Lost » Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:16 pm

Haley braces for inpact, scared that something horrible is about to happen, tightlyclenching against magnus for protection.


She slowly opens her eyes when nothing happens and lets go but obviously still skittish.
”....What happened? ....Is...something bad going to happen now?”

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 13878

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:08 pm

Alex, Koa, Haley

"I knew it. It's unleashed some sort of horror demon, hasn't it? Well, won't be the first demon I've beaten up, probably won't be the last."


"We're not dead yet." Magnus responds, non-helpfully, as Alex moves across the room. Toward the edge of the room, barely inside one of the enclaves, the object had seemed to come to a standstill. Coming closer... Calling it a cube or dice are both not quite correct, and while it seems like the regularity in it's shape should give it a name, it's likely one he does not know from the top of his head. Six-sided shapes interconnecting, but not perfectly - A couple shapes with four edges interconnecting where others fail. All sides are dark, besides its edges which glow green, with one exception: one side, which almost seems to have a faint glow... Besides the slot in its midst, from which only darkness was to be seen.

"Phew... so... it's all over, yeah? All the schemes, all the attacks - the gang business?"

"...Yeah, I think it's finally over."

"A good riddance. We should secure them for now, and likely we shall hand them over to the league in time. They might not be the most reliable partner, but this at least is one instance where they can take the trouble off our hands."

"...I have to wonder if that worked. And what it means for us if it did? I dunno if that thing was working with the Godslayers or not, but even without its help, the Godslayers are still a big problem, yeah? You said you had a plan for them, didn't you? 'Cause I think we've got plenty of time, now."

”....What happened? ....Is...something bad going to happen now?”

"Gah-" Matthias tries to speak, but only coughing comes out- And little flecks of blood. It almost seems like parts of his skin are glowing, but... It's not going well.

"N-No. It worked..." is all he eventually brings out. Grimm gives a worried look, but seemingly also unable to directly help, simply answers Koa.

"Indeed. It seems that given all I heard, there is a lot of explaining and talking to do. So for the sake of organization, allow me to guide the conversation. You there," he spoke, pointing to Isabella, "And Gayle. Make sure all the thugs are bound and secured for now, alright? If any wake up, and especially Angstrom, we don't want them to scurry off."

"Then, first order..."


"First order will be addressing me. Or rather, me addressing you. You weren't thinking I was just going to let this all slip by, did you?"

"...Very well. What do you want, Gigas?"

"You tried to abduct Uyum. Force her into this crazy scheme of yours. Threaten to destroy everything we had here if we did not comply."

"Tell me why I shouldn't just kill you."


"Look who's preaching to the choir. Are you going to be mad that I tried to make you embrace the responsibilities you abandoned, Gigas? After it's you who, after claiming these temples should not be abused, did that very thing to protect you from the world?"

"Perhaps others are more tactful, but I will not be. Your pantheon is in shambles. When you could have used the past fifty years to try and do... Anything, you just hid and moped. While the protections you put in place so long ago are failing one by one."

"You can not keep running forever- And even then... I wasn't even planning on forcing you out of hiding. I just needed your help with one thing, and then I would have been glad, if begrudging, to let things go."

"...Now, it seems, that you get the chance to do so regardless. Because it appears I have an alternative way, and with whatever the Spark did... The tower seems to remain operational. What more do you want."


"...I need your promise you will not try this again."

"If the world should be at danger again, and you refuse to act yet again?"

"No. I will not make that promise."


A tense silence seemed to engage between the two, staring off at each other... As Koa, meanwhile, got a response from The Spark on his phone.

Code: Select all

Yes, of course. :)

I feel like Grimm will tell you a lot, too.

And. Irene will likely share with you a couple of things, as well.

I would. Like a chance to defend myself later. If you'd allow it.

But I will understand that whatever happens, happens.

...

But that's beside the point. :)

I would gladly answer questions you might have, assuming I can. :)

And... In fact, about what those two are talking about. I would like your input, in fact. :)

While they are not paying attention to me. :)

It is true that I protected the temple. Its functions should remain intact when I leave. :)

But. Perhaps you do not want that in full? :o

If I leave things as is... Magnus will likely simply reactivate it. And force you to forget about who he really is :S

You will remember this entire night as if you went into an ordinary hotel, with the help of him just being a strong martial artist... :(

So. Instead, I could exclude you from the tower. Give you immunity. :)

...Or, alternatively. I could break it, like Grimm first intended. :o

I suppose all solutions are temporary, assuming that Magnus reprograms the temple... :S

But it would take time, in each case...

User avatar
GRAND OVERSEER
Mumbles Incoherently
Posts: 21

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by GRAND OVERSEER » Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:18 pm

aHR0cDovL3d3dy5jb3lvdGVjb2RlLm5ldC9yb2xsL2xvb2t1cC5waHA/cm9sbGlkPTI0MjM0Ng==

The Lost
Is Heard Often
Posts: 325

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by The Lost » Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:49 pm

”...I’m sorry everyone. I thought...I thought it would in someway kill us....I’m no good with this magic shit or whatever you call it.

...I put on a couragous face but...I’m just a little normal girl. I am not stong like Magnus, nor have any wierd powers. I got my pokemon but...how an I supposed to help when I can’t do any of the cool thing you guys do? I can’t fly, I can’t make rocks fly, I can’t see auras...I am just an ordinary kid who’s over her head...”


(Lets have spark reprogram it so that we are ignored for the effects like magnus is)

User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
Posts: 13773
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Dlover » Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:31 pm

Alex picks up the strange object (I'm going to assume it's not a huge thing he can't lift), and carries it back to the others, "Grimm's right in this case. First impression still tells me you're not an ally, but that doesn't mean you can't be right. Wrong methods, putting her at risk, but there probably wouldn't have been anything else that could make the old man move, I guess. Though in the end, that didn't seem to make any more difference than having a strong trainer would. And before you say it, let me guess - 'if you used too much strength it would have destroyed the tower.' Right."

Turning the strange object in his hands, Alex looks first at the glowing side, then the dark slot, speaking absently, "And don't you worry about any of that, Haley. I could never see auras until all of a sudden I could, so who knows what's up with that. Besides, the best way I can even help doesn't involve the aura stuff anyway, it's just mentoring pokemon. Proves that mundane isn't bad."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

User avatar
SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 6095

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by SuperVaderMan » Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:58 pm

"Heh, yeah, we're all kinda normal compared to all this. I mean, what good's throwing rocks when you have these monsters duking it out between dimensions, huh? But we still gotta find a way to do something about it...."

Koa turns his attention back down to his phone, reading.

"Yeah... it'd be great if you could at least hold it off 'til we get outta town, yeah?" Koa keeps his voice low, while Grimm and Magnus (or Gigas?) have it out. Koa was hoping to talk to Mew about Diancie, still, and he can't do that if he doesn't remember who Mew is. In addition, Koa would like to try convincing her to join the resistance against the Godslayers, but that effort seems doubtful what with her pokeball weakness and Magnus existing. Still, who knows, maybe she'd be interested?

The Lost
Is Heard Often
Posts: 325

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by The Lost » Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:53 am

Haley shakes a bit before going to sor on the chair. ”At least you guus can sefend youselves. ...I can’t even defend myself against a litwick. ...I....I was only running on adrinaline. ...Fuck if any of them attacked me....I could have died. I don’t want to die...and I almost cost you guys to kill whatever that thing was...because I was too scared. I feel powerless compared to you guys.”


(throughout the whole entire 2nd part of the fight Haley was on 1 hp)

User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
Posts: 13773
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Dlover » Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:21 am

"Defend ourselves? Haley, if I got into a fistfight with a person who keeps fit I'd probably lose, aura or not. At this point I've probably been beaten up by just about everything possible. That's why I work with my pokemon. As for that thing, it's not like I'm actually for what happened either, but I just can't bring myself to care about things I don't really understand."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7987
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Dusk9 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:46 am

Izzy looks between Magnus and Grimm, sensing the (obvious) rising animosity between them.

"...could you please not start fighting right now? We just finished with...whatever that all was. Let's just chill for a bit first, okay?"

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 13878

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:40 pm

Haley, Alex, Koa, Izzy

"...could you please not start fighting right now? We just finished with...whatever that all was. Let's just chill for a bit first, okay?"

"Circumstances aside, did you forget why we came here? Our entire purpose was to stop whatever plan Grimm had. I can't allow this to happen again."

"Your plan of doing so was because you thought I had gone hollow. Speaking of which, if anyone should be mad it should be me! Well... No, I understand why you're mad, even if I think you have to face why I did it in the first place."

"Grimm's right in this case. First impression still tells me you're not an ally, but that doesn't mean you can't be right. Wrong methods, putting her at risk, but there probably wouldn't have been anything else that could make the old man move, I guess. Though in the end, that didn't seem to make any more difference than having a strong trainer would. And before you say it, let me guess - 'if you used too much strength it would have destroyed the tower.' Right."

Magnus seems to grit his teeth some, balling his hands into fists... But doesn't act. Speaking again after a short while.

"...You ever pull a stunt like this again, I won't be considerate. I guess we're done then." the man spoke, making a brusque turn - And seemingly, heading toward the exit.

As Magnus makes his retreat, Koa quickly agrees with Spark that they should be made immune. A reply comes just as quick.

Code: Select all

I figured that is what you would want. :)

But I figured I should double check before getting too hasty. :o

After all, it is EXTREMELY likely that Magnus will figure out exactly what happened :S

It'd take him weeks to fix, at least, however... :)
”...I’m sorry everyone. I thought...I thought it would in someway kill us....I’m no good with this magic shit or whatever you call it.

"Yes. Which is perhaps why when the experts say something, you ought not to outright dismiss it."

"...I put on a courageous face but...I’m just a little normal girl. I am not stong like Magnus, nor have any wierd powers. I got my pokemon but...how an I supposed to help when I can’t do any of the cool thing you guys do? I can’t fly, I can’t make rocks fly, I can’t see auras...I am just an ordinary kid who’s over her head...”

"Heh, yeah, we're all kinda normal compared to all this. I mean, what good's throwing rocks when you have these monsters duking it out between dimensions, huh? But we still gotta find a way to do something about it...."

”At least you guus can sefend youselves. ...I can’t even defend myself against a litwick. ...I....I was only running on adrinaline. ...Fuck if any of them attacked me....I could have died. I don’t want to die...and I almost cost you guys to kill whatever that thing was...because I was too scared. I feel powerless compared to you guys.”

"Defend ourselves? Haley, if I got into a fistfight with a person who keeps fit I'd probably lose, aura or not. At this point I've probably been beaten up by just about everything possible. That's why I work with my pokemon. As for that thing, it's not like I'm actually for what happened either, but I just can't bring myself to care about things I don't really understand."


"Indeed. Working with one's Pokemon is the usually expected tactic." the ghost speaks, for a moment, before more seriously considering all the words that were just shared... And sighs. He seems to be trying to soften his expression somewhat, though... Not exactly good at it.

"In most circumstances, I would have said that the burden can be taken off your hands. And quite honestly, that offer remains. But I shall admit that frankly, I think I can use the help. And for you to have gotten this far in the first place proves your competence, at least."

"...That, and half your group managed to take out most of my helpers, which says something by itself."

"Regardless. If you are going to continue on this path, given circumstances... There are some things that you should know. Knowledge that should be kept secret, in all honestly... But I'd rather you know than make very foolish mistakes."

"But matters one at a time. First two of importance being - Is Matthias okay? And what is that... Thing you found?"
he spoke, the first going to the duo tending over the man, while the latter goes to Alex.

Alex, who in this time, had picked up the object. It was small enough to pick up without any issues, perhaps the size of a soccer ball . Yet, it carried an odd weight, somehow light, yet feeling heavy in his grasp. As he oriented the strange object to be peering into that slot...

...

Nothing but darkness seemed to be inside. Empty, as far he could tell.

Obtained the ??? cube.

Luna and Jeremy seemed... Less optimistic, however. More spots of skin on Matthias are burning up- And his breathing is growing slower. He had slumped on the floor by now, his breathing slowed.

"He's doing bad! It's like... It's eating away at him! None of my medicine really seems to help! We'd need to get him to a hospital but... I don't think he'd even make it out of the building!"

"My... My healing magic isn't working either..! I'm just buying time..!" Luna panics, her gaze quickly darting around... And catching sight of Magnus as he seems to be leaving, calling after him.

"Regi! It's you, right?! You have to help!"

Briefly, the man paused, seeming to consider as he stood. By the time his answer came, he still refused to turn.

"Why should I?"

User avatar
GRAND OVERSEER
Mumbles Incoherently
Posts: 21

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by GRAND OVERSEER » Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:43 pm

aHR0cDovL3d3dy5jb3lvdGVjb2RlLm5ldC9yb2xsL2xvb2t1cC5waHA/cm9sbGlkPTI0MjQzMA==

User avatar
SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 6095

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by SuperVaderMan » Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:58 pm

As Luna and Jeremy start freaking out, Koa can't help but feel some dread as well. This was supposed to be all over, but were the trainers still going to end up losing somebody on their watch...?

Koa's mind raced as he considered Matthias' condition. No matter what kind of person he may have been, or even still is, Koa can't just let him die like this. But what can Koa do that Jeremy and Luna can't? If neither mundane nor magical healing were working, then what was going on with Matthias - what was killing him?

"...This has something to do with the Overseer, yeah? Matthias like... channeled it, or something, and threw that crystal thing into the hole. Whatever he did with the Overseer, it's eating away at him now, so... I'm thinking we either find out what's killing him and cut it off, or we get the Overseer to do it. That's all I can think of...." Koa admits, shaking his head.

After a moment's hesitation, Koa releases Kemanihine, the Nihilego, the big crystal jellyfish naturally shying away from the crowd and hide behind Koa.

"I'm gonna try and take a look in his head, get a better idea of what's going on, yeah?" Koa says, taking one of Kinhe's venom-slick tentacles in hand, wincing only slightly this time as their minds join. "If it's like a mental thing, maybe me and Kinhe can deal with it? She's got some mind-wiping powers."

Koa guides his jellyfish friend over to Matthias and kneels down. Koa mentally prepares himself - and by extension Kinhe - for the task at hand. Koa had no idea with what he was dealing with, but if he senses things are starting to get dangerous for him or his pokemon, he reminds himself to sever the connection before anything bad happens - either through Kinhe using her Memory Wipe ability to disrupt the connection or by Koa physically removing him and Kinhe from Matthias.

With all that said and in mind, and barring any objections, Koa will guide one of Kinhe's other tentacles to touch Matthias' temple, Koa holding on to one of her other tentacles to take the plunge with her into the cult leader's mind.

User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
Posts: 13773
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Dlover » Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:11 pm

To Grimm's question Alex shakes his head, "No clue. I'm not seeing any aura, so probably not overtly magical in that sense. That being the case, unless it turns out to be a bomb, probably not so urgent as Matthias."

"Koa, think about it for a moment. If this is because of something in his head, isn't trying to get in there just putting the both of you at the risk of being affected as well? I guess Kinhe was one of the Overseer's "children" so maybe she can handle it, but you? You're risking your life here."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

User avatar
SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 6095

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by SuperVaderMan » Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:39 pm

"Risking my life, huh? So business as usual?" Koa manages a little smile. "But if it is dangerous, then I'm not sending Kinhe by herself. Besides I'm... worried that the Overseer's in there, somehow. I'm not gonna leave Kinhe alone with 'em. And who knows, maybe I can convince the Overseer to ease up, yeah? We're already acquainted, after all," Koa's smile turns stiffens at the grim humor.

User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
Posts: 13773
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Dlover » Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:55 pm

"We take risks constantly, me as much as anyone, so I can't stop you so long as you're aware that it's a risk."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

The Lost
Is Heard Often
Posts: 325

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by The Lost » Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:11 pm

Haley frowns ”...He did say he’d likey die by doing that...”

“...He was using a crystal thing right?” Haley searches her bag for the electrium z and puts it into Matthas’ hand.


If that don’t work Haley opens her dex

Code: Select all

U know what is wrong w him? n how 2 fix?

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 13878

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:47 pm

Koa, Alex, Haley

Alex first answers Grimm's question, before anything else - Even though it seems the party at large has, obviously, a different priority for now.

"No clue. I'm not seeing any aura, so probably not overtly magical in that sense. That being the case, unless it turns out to be a bomb, probably not so urgent as Matthias."

"Indeed. It is strange, certainly. I shall need to investigate it," the ghost let's know, though glances at Matthias as he adds an "Later."

"...This has something to do with the Overseer, yeah? Matthias like... channeled it, or something, and threw that crystal thing into the hole. Whatever he did with the Overseer, it's eating away at him now, so... I'm thinking we either find out what's killing him and cut it off, or we get the Overseer to do it. That's all I can think of...."

"It's the Overseer's light. I... Didn't know this would happen, but... It's trying to change him. Make him like the Overseers children... Did you do this intentionally, Matthias..? You idiot- You're not going to make it through this..!" Gayle comments, distressing herself - But seeming aware enough to stay a distance away if she can not actively help. For a moment, it seems like the duo working on him briefly manages to slow things down... But it is undeniable that the man is still dropping far more than he's recovering- A steady and fast downward spiral that might already have come to an end if it weren't for Jeremy and Luna. And Luna warns that she is running out of her healing potential. And with no one seeming to confront him at first, Magnus had left - Though, Gayle seemed intent on chasing after him, now.

”...He did say he’d likely die by doing that...”

“...He was using a crystal thing right?”
Haley speaks, and for a moment, has an idea to use one of the z-crystals she has to see if it has any effect. And... It seems like it does..! There where it touches his skin, the glowing patches seem to vanish, as if being absorbed by the crystal material... Though his arm jerks, in what seems to be a conscious motion - Dismissing the crystal.

Koa meanwhile, has another idea. Releasing his own ultra beast to see if she can help.

"I'm gonna try and take a look in his head, get a better idea of what's going on, yeah? If it's like a mental thing, maybe me and Kinhe can deal with it? She's got some mind-wiping powers."

"Koa, think about it for a moment. If this is because of something in his head, isn't trying to get in there just putting the both of you at the risk of being affected as well? I guess Kinhe was one of the Overseer's "children" so maybe she can handle it, but you? You're risking your life here."

"Risking my life, huh? So business as usual? But if it is dangerous, then I'm not sending Kinhe by herself. Besides I'm... worried that the Overseer's in there, somehow. I'm not gonna leave Kinhe alone with 'em. And who knows, maybe I can convince the Overseer to ease up, yeah? We're already acquainted, after all."

With that, Koa takes a grasp of one of Kinhe's tentacles, the mental connection instantly forming. It seemed the strange jellyfish had a strange sense of recognition at seeing Matthias.

"Oh, father is trying to share his gift. He does not seem to be taking it well..."

Still, Kinhe allows Koa to make a mental connection. But if Koa or anyone else was hoping for anything climatic, they would find themselves disappointed. Searching his mind, he finds any actual activity... Weak, though still present. But it does, somehow, make him understand what is happening.

Indeed, he is trying to embrace the Overseers gift. In a way, his presence - If not directly. But this power, great as it might be, is like a fire- It burns. And it seems that for as bright as it may burn, it burns too bright. It's going to burn away the man, before it has a chance to mold into his form. It's already begun doing so - But it will likely mean little if he dies before it can be finished. And if one were to bet at this instant, the wagers would be quite clear.

But perhaps Koa's ultra beast could offer a glimpse of hope, as she spoke.

"I could eat fathers light? Remove it from him?"

Yet, as the Nihilego suggested that... Koa felt a mental push from Matthias.

He did not want it.

It seemed that in his eyes, the decision was already made.

He would take the chance, however slim, to push through, and arrive at the other side... Different.

No matter how hopeless that option now seemed.

Haley informs with Sparkie as well. The response comes quickly.

Code: Select all

It is like others have already said.

He's been touched directly by the Overseers light. It's trying to change him. But his body rejects it.

From what I know there are only two real options:

You somehow remove the energy from him, so it stops doing the damage it's currently doing...

Or, he survives long enough for it to finish. Or get far enough that it can mend his body, at least.

The latter is a one in a million chance.
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
GRAND OVERSEER
Mumbles Incoherently
Posts: 21

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by GRAND OVERSEER » Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:48 pm

aHR0cDovL3d3dy5jb3lvdGVjb2RlLm5ldC9yb2xsL2xvb2t1cC5waHA/cm9sbGlkPTI0MjQ1Ng==

User avatar
SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 6095

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by SuperVaderMan » Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:01 pm

"Kinhe... can help him," Koa voices for the others to hear, though very concerned for Kinhe's sake if she were to do so, "but he doesn't want her help. He... wants to try this transformation thing. But his odds aren't looking good...."

"C'mon, man, can't you just try later or something?" Koa makes a plea with the barely-conscious Matthias. "We can get you fixed up and you can give it a shot another time, yeah?"

Koa looks up at nothing in particular. "...I know the Overseer's watching this. You'd think that, after all Matthias just did, the big guy'd make this easier for him or something. Like this was all super-helpful for the Overseer, yeah, taking out that other thing? And now they're gonna let their biggest fan off himself, just like that? And it doesn't think there's anything wrong with that...?"

The Lost
Is Heard Often
Posts: 325

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by The Lost » Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:44 pm

“Fuck! Feck feck feck...how...Willow, I want you to possess him and use ingrain as him. At the very least we can try to make him heal from it!” Haley pulls out her grass crystal and tries to do the dance to boost ingrain, not knowing if it will work or mot, but she needs to try.


If that doesn’t work then I am going to use my xmas crit to make Matthias make it.

Post Reply