PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Home to all current Forum Games.
SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by SuperVaderMan » Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:16 pm

"Well, Grimm did say he was gonna be showing up here, yeah? It can't hurt to have him along. Those Godslayer guys might not even be ready for a big ghost attack, 'cause I don't think any of the god-pokemon are ghosts? None that are in this dimension, anyway."

"Question is, how do we find him?"

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:24 am

The emissary

The group agrees that they should at least see about finding Grimm for any more potential help he can provide. Even though they aren't exactly sure how to even start. Spark turns out to be no help, stating that while technically he knows, he can't just hand out information for "free" all the time. He does reassure the party they should be fine.

And so they would, as they decide to just... Wander around town, looking for any signs. And eventually finding them, or rather the other way around. A ghost ushering to them from the shadows, leading them out of town, along a dilapidated path. It eventually leads to an overview tower, although obviously abandoned, a bit creepy... A perfect hideout for Grimm. And it comes to no surprise that he is found back there.

"Ah, you've arrived. Welcome. I've made preparations of my own while you were en route, and have found a couple curious things. But first. There is another matter I'd like to discuss first. About my plan," he started, only to be interrupted by Luna. Who was, diplomatically, trying to shift things back to matters that were more important.

"We already agreed we'd think about it, depending on what we discover. This base would give us valuable intel at the very least, wouldn't it?"

"Quite correct, and I agree," Grimm nodded, "And I did consider waiting for this explanation until after we were done. But the more I thought about it, the more I came to realize it is information that, if you all remain serious about your intentions, is far too important to leave lingering."

"Would that I could have told you earlier, but I was not allowed, you'll soon understand. But some of the information you have shared with me, has allowed me the permission I need. As well as reveal some information that was originally kept from me. So perhaps it is only right that I share in return. I am certain my plan will seem far more reasonable after you know everything."

"You should be honored. You may be the first mortals, to ever learn of this secret."

"But to explain in full, first we must return to the site of my youth. Back when I was still a more adventurous, daring spirit. Well, I say my youth, but in truth, I had well under a century under my belt by then, and had already acquired all I needed to become a Dusknoir. In fact, I had already begun some of the teachings required for my eventual role as Lorekeeper, even though my exploits at the time were," the ghost started, before, suddenly and quite rudely, being interrupted by Isabella.

"Could you please, for once, stop loving the sound of your own voice and get to the point?"

There was a very indignant look from the ghost as it came to glare at the redhead, to a point even Isabella began to wonder if she might have made a mistake. But with a deep sigh, Grimm relented.

"Fine."

"A very long time ago, I explored the very edges of the realm of the dead."

"And there, beyond where most dare even go, I came upon the very edge, where the realm of the dead begins to bleed into something else."

"At this very edge, at the furthest I could go, I could see the faintest hint of the reverse world."

"And it was there I met, He of who I would become a patron."

"It is there I met Giratina."

(Suggestions:
>What.
>WHAT.
)

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:49 pm

"So you're a supporter of Giratina? Okay, get to the point. What does it mean for us, and do we have to beat you silly?"
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:43 am

"Well maybe not," Koa interjects, though gives Grimm a wary look. "I know a certain Zoroark that really hates Darkrai, but she still has some of his powers. Maybe it's kinda the same thing here, yeah?"

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:41 pm

Message from the other world

"So you're a supporter of Giratina? Okay, get to the point. What does it mean for us, and do we have to beat you silly?"

"You needn't worry, ser Alex. I understand the opinion of my lord is rather low, given the stories that revolve around him. I've even participated in some of them, to not fall out of the fold. We had long concluded it would be the easiest way to maintain our relationship secret, given how he cares naught for people's opinion in this world. Or at least, he's very good at pretending he does not."

"After all, some stories still claim that should he ever return to our world, his vengeance for the betrayal humanity caused him, would be returned a thousand fold. Or perhaps how he constantly struggles to break free of his prison."

"I found naught of either those descriptions in the day I met him. If anything, the only thing apparent was curiosity over this world. Certainly not hate or malice. Not that I discount that once upon a day, that may very well have been the case. But while forgiven may be a big word, he certainly does not hate humanity."

"After all, why would he shape his main creation in your image, if he truly still did?"

"No. At the time, we merely talked. Only later would he become my patron, and gift me power in exchange for stories. And that's how things stayed for a long time. Until Colress appeared, at least."

"I was employed then to try and get him back, too, just as Prometheus. Sadly Ghetsis and his cronies got his hands on him before I could find him. They made it difficult to find or reach him. When I did, he did not believe I intended to help. In the end, I failed. Just like how I failed when the same happened with Prometheus years later. I tracked him down to Murkoff, and then he just... Disappeared. I kept an ear to the ground, but it took a while for me to realize that these Godslayers was his doing."

"So I do owe you an apology, as I've led you astray before. I am quite aware that Giratina intends naught along the lines of an invasion or such. I merely had a personal guarantee that once he was back, he'd never be returning, and it seemed like a reasonable story that would get the same end results."

"Although sadly part of the reason I am bringing this up now, I am growing more doubtful by the day if simply getting rid of Prometheus would solve the larger issue. Nobody but them quite seems to know what the big end goal is they have in mind. No doubt it'd disrupt their plans, but who knows where things would go from there?"

"That, and... After confronting my lord with what you told me, he has confided in me more information. I do not believe he hid it out of malice as much as embarassment. None the less, I'll share this info with you too."

"It started 42 years ago, with the activities of team Galactic. Cyrus had assembled the red chain, and ascended to spear pillar where he intended to use it. The Leauge and several other parties were hot on his tail, but it was already too late. He used the chain to bind Palkia and Dialga to his will, and in that moment, revealed he himself was under the control of a MissingNo. That madman sullied the dream of his henchmen of the promise of making a better world. He was going to destroy it."

"That one instant... Came scarily true to becoming effectively so. Were it not for Giratina's attention being drawn by such an outburst, and appearing on scene. Noticing what was happening, He blasted apart the chain to stop the process. Causing other issues that drag on even now, but better than what would have happened otherwise. But before he could do more, Dialga and Palkia, released from their bonds, started attacking him. And the last he could do, was lunge at Cyrus and the demon. Dragging them, and one piece of the red chain, back with him to the reverse world."

"This MissingNo would come to call itself the Spark. I am quite certain it is not our Spark, but merely took the moniker for confusion. I can not say for certain. Anyway, Giratina killed Cyrus, but they were left with this entity in their world. The first one to fall prey to it being Colress. Supposedly, in his own research, he got a bit too cocky and disobeyed some commands. Enough to whisk him away to our world, and then be lost forever."

"But the interesting bit came with Prometheus. You see, this Spark one day called out to Giratina, offering him a deal. Or rather, a bet. It claimed that it could make any one of it's followers turn evil, if given the chance. Now, you got to understand, a MissingNo can not lie. If it made a bet it would lose, it'd be paramount to it's destruction. Giratina knew there had to be some catch, but he thought he could perhaps outsmart the deal, still. In the deal, he arranged it so the person he sent was not to be harmed."

"And then he armed Prometheus with the red chain, a piece of their sun forged into blade, and told him to go kill it."

"Their sun acts much like the type artifacts in our world, and should have served to make a prison for it. Perhaps it did, but in the end, being dragged over to the other side was clearly not defined as being harmed. And there, Prometheus was lost, too."

"I suppose it's a lot to take in. But I hope it answers more questions than it gives. Though I too wonder whatever happened to this "Spark", given how it seems to be the root cause behind all of this. Which... Brings me to one final point of admission which my lord had kept from me. He did send in a warrior, in the vague hope that someone they'd recognize would draw Prometheus out of hiding. And he did order to destroy the tree."

"Giratina is... Getting worried there are foul things in motion."

"And if this entire plane collapses, he would prefer the reverse world not be dragged along with it."

"Again, it is a lot to take in. I propose that unless there are burning questions, we let these thoughts stew for a bit, while we return our focus to this secret base. Ideally, we'll discover more as to what exactly Prometheus has been up to all these years."

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:02 pm

Koa frowns, brow furrowed as Grimm tells this, now second, completely new story about his motivations and the powers at play. Just how many layers of deception are we working on here?

Though, as far as Koa could tell, it seems as though Grimm had finally arrived at the truth. Koa hoped he was getting a good read on the guy, here....

"Well, wasn't it that 2nd Spark thing that the Overseer blew up, back in Murkoff? I can't imagine what else it would've been. So now it's just Prometheus, yeah? Whatever it is he's after."

"And that's why you wanna send him home so bad, isn't it? So Giratina and the others can talk some sense into him? Or I dunno, put him in jail or something if they can't...?"

"Though, if Prometheus has been preparing all this time... would Giratina even be able to stop him?"

Koa shakes his head to clear it. It's not much use speculating about the unknowable. That's why the trainers are here, to learn more about all this. In addition to getting back the Fairy box, that is.

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:40 pm

Haley frowns at Grimm "Even if he wasn't lying he could be omitting things out and then say 'see I didn't lie'. So tell us what are you leaving out Grimm? What really is this isopheric shere (the zygard cube), where are the locations of other temples, how to activate them without causing another rip, what happens if the worlds are severed? Why did giratina send prometheses? What does the red chain actually do? If missingno cannot lie then why did it lie and say it's name was spark? What would happen if the tree is destroyed?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:27 am

SuperVaderMan wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:02 pm
"Well, wasn't it that 2nd Spark thing that the Overseer blew up, back in Murkoff? I can't imagine what else it would've been. So now it's just Prometheus, yeah? Whatever it is he's after."
"Oh, it certainly hit something, but... Was it one and the same? How did it go from carrying along Prometheus, to there?"

"Something doesn't quite make sense, but I know not what is the missing piece of this puzzle.
"And that's why you wanna send him home so bad, isn't it? So Giratina and the others can talk some sense into him? Or I dunno, put him in jail or something if they can't...?"

"Though, if Prometheus has been preparing all this time... would Giratina even be able to stop him?"
"Oh, I have zero doubt that Giratina would be able to stop him. At a best-case scenario they'll talk sense into him. In a worst, Giratina will simply refuse to let him leave again."

"What I am getting more concerned about however, is that we'll cut off the head of the snake, and it will simply sprout a new one. In that sense, perhaps even Giratina can't stop him."
"Even if he wasn't lying he could be omitting things out and then say 'see I didn't lie'. So tell us what are you leaving out Grimm? What really is this isopheric shere (the zygard cube), where are the locations of other temples, how to activate them without causing another rip, what happens if the worlds are severed? Why did giratina send prometheses? What does the red chain actually do? If missingno cannot lie then why did it lie and say it's name was spark? What would happen if the tree is destroyed?
Grimm groans at the endless barrage of seemingly distrustful questions. But after taking a metaphorical deep breath, tries to answer to the best of his abilities.

"Again... I apologize for lying to you before. I hope you can at least recognize that the intent has stayed the same, with the lie serving only to give a reason to the same end results, without revealing something I was not allowed to. But my lord must have been impressed with your current efforts, to allow me to reveal this knowledge."

"...And if any of you are upset for our first meeting, the entire purpose of my presence there was to disrupt and upset the Godslayers. Outright admitting so would go against the entire reason for being there."

"But let me try to answer your questions. First, I do not know if my lord has kept anything else from me. He did not tell me about his plan to cut the tree, so he's gained some distrust from me as well. But besides that, in over a century I have worked with him, I have not known him to lie."

"I am not holding back anything else. At least intentionally. I do not believe there is any information I know you're not aware of yet, now."

"I wish I knew what that sphere was. Was it not a prison bottle?"

"I know the location of some temples, but not all. It would be quite a list to go through... But I suppose we should if you believe it valuable. I do have one thing to note on that subject, once we go over our plan."

"What do you mean, use the temples without another rip? I suppose you mean the artifacts? In the past they've been used to grant passive boons in the temples, and I suppose one could try to regain those with no issues... But if you mean to use them in any act such as creating a prison box, the answer is simply that it is impossible. These events are inexorably linked- The diminishment of one leads to another. All one could do is try and be careful. Not that I'd expect you'd be able to do it in the first place. You'd need a god of proper authority to 'unlock' and remold the boxes in a different form in the first place. Their current look was configured to be as such by Regigigas, that no one would be able to use them."

"What happens if the worlds are severed... Ideally, nothing. Just like how the solar system moves through the galaxy, we would be left unaware of such large movements. There is some kind of feedback loop between our two realms, however, which even Giratina is not certain of what they may be as he cannot directly observe our world. Those could fade, or even disappear. Given we do not know what they are, it's hard to anticipate exactly what, if anything, would happen. Or being overly positive, perhaps whatever is currently happening is actually a negative for us."

"I already told you why he sent Prometheus, did I not? He told Prometheus to kill this "Spark", but then ended up being sent to this world. Ah, I suppose I should mention, that Giratina was not completely unprepared for this outcome given how it had happened with Colress. There was a plan to get him back. But on the day he was supposed to show up, already Prometheus did not want to return."

"The Red Chain was a tool made to control Dialga and Palkia, if such a thing would ever be necessary."

"Simply put, it did not lie, at least in the strictest terms of the definition. But it likely did misdirect. All it needs to have done for it to be able to call itself Spark, is to have taken the name of someone who was called like that before, after all."

"Destroying the tree would sever the connection between ours and the reverse world. Perhaps not irrevocably, but where a thin and difficult margin currently exists to cross between these two worlds, it would almost certainly become nigh impossible to do so if it were destroyed."

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:14 am

"What I am getting more concerned about however, is that we'll cut off the head of the snake, and it will simply sprout a new one. In that sense, perhaps even Giratina can't stop him."

"Ah... like someone might step up and take control of the Godslayers, even without Prometheus? Maybe... but I dunno. We already know about some people working for 'em that don't like what they're doing, or like they have their own goals, yeah? There's that Goser guy, and now we learned about this 13 guy, who... I think I know who that is."

"There was one of their clones that was there back when they attacked the Fairy temple. They left one behind to blow up the entrance, hide the evidence the Godslayers were there, but he just... didn't. Like he wanted someone, anyone, to know they were there, that he and his 'brothers' existed. I think. I dunno what's going on through the guy's head exactly, but if there's anyone we could sway over to our side, or at least away from the Godslayers, it'd be him, yeah? And if one of the clone guys can be swayed, then...?"

Koa takes a step back and scratches his head as Haley bombards Grimm with questions, most of which Koa already knew the answer to or didn't seem answerable. To be fair, though, she was fairly new to the group of trainers, so a lot of Grimm's answers are still news to her.

While Grimm's in an answering mood, though, Koa supposes he'll ask something more pertinent.

"So we have an informant that gave us the rough layout of the facility, yeah? We have a good idea of what we're up against. But there was one thing he wasn't sure about - there's a hallway leading through the back of the place and into the island's volcano. He didn't know what that was for. But considering this island's history... do you know?"

Koa can't help but wonder, too, if this has anything to do with why his grandparents left the island for the mainland in the first place. But that's a tertiary concern, probably not worth bringing up.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:12 pm

"Ah... like someone might step up and take control of the Godslayers, even without Prometheus? Maybe... but I dunno. We already know about some people working for 'em that don't like what they're doing, or like they have their own goals, yeah? There's that Goser guy, and now we learned about this 13 guy, who... I think I know who that is."

"There was one of their clones that was there back when they attacked the Fairy temple. They left one behind to blow up the entrance, hide the evidence the Godslayers were there, but he just... didn't. Like he wanted someone, anyone, to know they were there, that he and his 'brothers' existed. I think. I dunno what's going on through the guy's head exactly, but if there's anyone we could sway over to our side, or at least away from the Godslayers, it'd be him, yeah? And if one of the clone guys can be swayed, then...?"
"I see. I don't think that in the end getting rid of Prometheus will certainly help, the question will simply be how much. Quite honestly, a single clone likely doesn't hold that much sway. But I see what you're implying with that potentially being more."

"And Goser is..?"

At this point, Isabella goes on a long rant about the guy, sparing the trainers an explanation.

"I see. My impression from your description is likely that he has a goal of his own of some kind. Good for us, as long as it disrupts the Godslayers, but if we do not know what this goal is we do not know if it's any actual better. He does not strike me as the noble type, in each case."
"So we have an informant that gave us the rough layout of the facility, yeah? We have a good idea of what we're up against. But there was one thing he wasn't sure about - there's a hallway leading through the back of the place and into the island's volcano. He didn't know what that was for. But considering this island's history... do you know?"
"Right, Goser handed you a bunch of useful information it seems. We should share what we found while we discuss our plan. And it is good you note that exit. I believe your informant more likely either did not want, or did not think it important to mention what was there, but I believe I have an idea."

"But I think it'd better if we go over it in the grand scope of things. Speaking of which, unless there are more burning questions, I propose we get started with that."

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:25 pm

The plan

"Very well, if we are all ready, let's go over the plan. Or rather, let us assemble it in the first place. Step by step."

"First up is of course, the matter of our entry. I've been performing some espionage and scrying, but all I've really come to notice is the big main entrance, which is something that will likely be fortified. There seems to be ventillation large enough that one could feasilby try and traverse through those, but I've yet to spot where any surface entrace may be..."

"We can probably help with that. Goser's plan seems to have included those," Luna points out, the ghost nodding.

"Indeed. So I suppose that gives us two additional potential avenues from what I've seen. We could try to access the ventillation system, which would be the most opportune way to get as close to the objective as possible, but it also relies on us not being caught. I doubt we'd want to be in those systems for too long if they discover us. And I also doubt it will be a completely obstacleless path."

"Alternatively, there is a couple points from which we could blow a hole through, putting us past a bulk of their defenses. It'd be a dead giveaway of our arrival, but it's doubtful how long we could manage that for long. So that's the three options, unless there are other ideas?"

Choose entry method:
>Main entrance
>Take ventilation shafts
>Blow through a weak roof

"Then comes to the part of the actual heist. I had located the artifact location, but if we are trusting the report, we'd need people in the control room to actually make certain these defenses are down. So I suppose we will simply need to split up into two teams. Does anyone have the capability to deal with this... Technology stuff?"

"I think if me and Haley go there, we should be fine..." Jeremy points out. The others sharing their opinions too, though none seem too bothered where they are assigned.

"It's my temple and artifact, so it feels only right I help reclaim it directly," Luna states.

"I'm not really any good with technology, but it's not like those who head to the control room will be free from combat, probably good they have at least one person who can roughhouse," Isabella adds.

"I know nothing of technology, I admit my archives to be severely lacking in that regard. I believe my abilities will be better served in the artifact room."

Choose location: control room or artifact room
Distribute NPC's: Grimm, Luna, Isabella, Jeremy

"Next... Part of me almost doesn't even want to mention it, but I suppose I should. Is there... Anything else we wish to do?"

"What do you mean, anything else?"

The ghost sighs for a moment, seeming to make a shrugging motion. "Retrieving the artifact should of course be our priority objective, but if we do solely that we may risk learning nothing new of their actual plans. We could proceed with my plan to trick Prometheus, but we'd still not know any more about their plans."

"We could try and download as much information as we can from the control room..?" Jeremy suggests.

"That is indeed a plan. My own plan would have consisted out of stealing items or experiments that looked importance, hoping to perhaps deduce some kind of purpose from them. If nothing else, I'm sure it'd bother them in some way."

"In the end, it should be noted that these objectives will likely be fluid in some way, but it'd be best to plot out what we can or want to do, as we will have little time for deliberation in the heat of the moment. If we are under high threat, it may be prudent to drop these objectives. If we seem to have time, perhaps there is more we could do."

Choose optional objectives:
>Download server data
>Steal objectives
>Steal from storage rooms

"Then last but certainly not least... We need an escape route."

"There is the main entrance again of course, but they may seek to block it off to try and chokepoint us. If we came in by blowing a hole, that may be a potential other exit. I suppose nothing stops us from trying to use the ventillation system again, but that seems very risky."

"Couldn't we just... Use the teleport spell of the book to get out?" Isabella asks, a bit confused.

"You could, if you want to cast it in a base which will most likely have cameras or people listening in, and have anyone with even a trace of knowledge how those tomes work figure out where we teleported to. That would not be a good thing. It is an option if we manage to get a safe distance away, however. Alternatively, we can try and get on a boat and escape, or perhaps even simply return to the village. Long as we are unrecognized and lay low, they will likely not want to risk causing a stirrup."

"If we are considering a teleport, however, I may have another potential exit in mind. We could exit through here," Grimm points out, finally pointing to the "other" exit from the place, the supposed dead end.

"There's a long tunnel here. There's lights and such down it sure, but no needs for cameras or such as far as I could tell. If we're not followed and could get a decent distance in, it should be safe to teleport out from there, and I doubt they would expect us to go there."

"So wait, it's not a dead end, then? There's an exit or something on the other end?" Isabella asks.

"Well... No, not really. Perhaps it could be an exit for a couple few, but certainly not us."

"Considering the tunnel ends only in a lava lake from the volcano."

"They've built a dock there, of all things. It seems they have a most curious kind of vessel moored, something that seems like it can actually survive the lava. Or I presume it can, it doesn't seem like it has been used yet."

"But... Why?" Luna asked, perhaps to everyone's benefit.

"Well, I can't make promises, but it seems quite obvious to me."

"The fire temple lies hidden there. Deep within the volcano, I presume underneath a layer of rock. Or perhaps just held back by magic. It matters little."

"So... Couldn't we just... Take it to the temple?" Jeremy asked, seeming to retreat back into his shell as Grimm seems to shake his head rather aggressively.

"The risks seem far too great. Even if the vessel is fully ready and capable, and I cannot tell, the Godslayers must have had their own reasons for not having used it yet. At best, it's because they have cold feet, or are trying to figure out who to send. Even past the lava, they'd still have to deal with the temple and it's guardian. Send a bunch of disposable clones and they'd just die and lose the ship. Send their most capable, and if something goes wrong with the ship..."

"...Though, it could perhaps be worthwhile to sabotage it instead."

Choose exit avenue:
>Main entrance
>Ventillation shaft/ blown in entrance (depending on method picked)
>Back exit

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:40 pm

"Hmmm alright I think we should actually have a couple ways of getting in, one as a distraction and the other for stealth. Those not good with stealth should go through the weak spots. There is an alternative way but that would use some ghosts to phase through.

As for what we should do, I want to install something on thier pc, a trojan to listen in on what they are doing, while me and Jeremy are downloading stuff. If I'm not mistaken since I make it then I can allow Sparky use the trojan/virus for our benefit. We could destroy the equipment but they are likely to have other servers.

Jeremy to control room with Haley, not sure where to put Grimm at, maybe as team distraction.

"We will steal the artifact, but asides from that if we can't steal it we should destroy it or install malware on it."

"As for escape I choose the fire ship, because if we can get that away from them then it will set them back. Hell, once we get part way we can grab what we can before making the ship malfunction and teleport out."

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:35 pm

"Yeah, not all of us are great at sneaking around, so even if we snuck in I don't think it'd take that long for 'em to find us.... And if we blow through the roof, then they can't cut off our escape that easy. At least it'll give us more options for getting away, yeah?"

Entrance -> Blow through the roof

"Since we're splitting up, I think I ought to be on the team expecting more action, yeah? So I'll be on the cube recovery team. Besides, we're expecting some lady in a robot suit to be there, the same one that beat up Regifae. And if she wants to get in a super suit fight, then me and Kinhe will give her one!"

Koa -> Artifact room

"As for other things we wanna do while we're there... I think we should try to bust out this Thirteen guy. I know he's just one of the clones, but by now the guy kinda seems like a veteran, yeah? If any of the grunts know about what the Godslayers are up to, I think it'd be him. Hopefully we can talk him down, but if we don't have time to, then... I guess we can beat him up and drag him out with us?"

Optional -> Secure Thirteen

"And if we're coming in through the room, I think that's our best bet to get out. If not, then a quick teleport out the back should be good. Maybe we can hit the boat on the way out, like Haley says?"

Exit -> Back through the roof / Back exit teleport

"Just one other thing to keep in mind, Grimm."
Koa looks to the ancient Dusknoir, but also keeps this advice in mind for himself. "We're expecting this base to have some kinda way to shut off God powers, and since you said Giratina gave you his blessing... well I thought you ought to know. I guess you could try to use that stuff, but we can't rely on them working, yeah?"

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:25 pm

The assault

After confirming to Koa that he's aware of potential issues that might disturb any gifts, and to Haley that she hopefully is talking about the base not the relic (though caring not too much since he knows both to be impossible), the group sets off. Spark promises to muddle the trainers signals so it should seem like they kept to the village. All part of this also being done for them, of course.

And with that they're en route, though Grimm seems to take only a couple "assistants" with him, telling the trainers not to worry. Carrying an army would probably just give them away far too soon, as they travelled over the rocky terrain. Passing multiple league-marked fences, warning of potential lava flows and to turn back. To be fair, the group did have to cross at least one of those, but it proved little challenge in the end. And then, when their map said they were finally getting close enough, their special suits were activated as well, to hide their identities.

So far, everything seemed good. But then again, they had barely started.

"We are almost there. We will likely have little time, so just to recap. Err... I can't tell any of you apart with those suits. I suppose that's a good thing. Team relic will go with me, while team tech will go to this control room. We at team relic will secure the entrance and stand ready, but not enter until team tech has done their thing."

"And I shall make sure we have an entrance and a distraction," he spoke, not quite relaying exactly what was meant, but it would become obvious soon enough. They were there now, by all rights, and some paranoia was spreading that they were likely to be spotted by a random patrol at any moment. They probably wouldn't be wrong. But it did leave them quite ornery when it seemed for a moment that Grimm was stalling, simply hushing Isabella when she asked why they were just standing around so close, though he soon acted again. One hand reaching for the Unown imprinted on his body, as it detached, lifting up in his hand... Before crushed, vanishing in a puff of smoke.

And above them, with a crack of thunder, it were as if the sky tore itself opened into a dark rift. From which Grimm's army of ghosts began to descend. In the background, a haunter is seen poking his head through the floor, judging it thin enough, then self-destructing- Giving the group their way in joined by the sound of sirens within now escaping to the outside world.

"Most of them are far from strong enough to do any real work themselves, but this shall certainly work to keep them from focusing all their attention on us, no?"

And with that, the group entered into clean sterile halls, suddenly disrupted, the room they were in seeming to contain some researchers that, luckily, had no interest in staying in their way as they flee, and after quickly orienting themselves, each group heads for their own goal.

Team relic

Relic finds their path being the longest, carving for a part through the research facilities, which luckily meant most simply wanted to get out of their way... Though a couple are persistent, if not proving too much of a challenge for Koa, Luna and Grimm. Already at the end of the hallway the sealed door was in sight, and only a small token of clone forces seemed to have been able to be gathered so far. Though it would be Koa who noticed one thing at least that may or may not warrant some attention. In one of the rooms they pass, research labs of some kind, stood a man who seemed... Not as panicked as most others, though it did not seem like he was actively fighting. None other than the man who had offered them such a treasure trove of information in the first place, Goser.

(Suggestions:
>Confront Goser
>Secure the doors)

Team tech

Haley, Jeremy and Isabella meanwhile, don't take long to reach the control room, where a small group of researchers, and a couple bodyguards await them. A battle ensues, though one that is quickly resolved in their favor, Isabella practically forcing Jeremy and Haley behind the consoles as Isabella moves to stand guard... And suddenly call out.

"Wait, hold on- I think I saw the one dude! The one we had to beat up?!"

"W-Who? Wait, the one special clone..?"

"Yeah, he just, kinda stared right at me for a second, looked around, then ran off into one of the side hallways."

"I thought we had to try and talk to him first? But, erm, anyway..."

(Suggestions:
>Confront Thirteen
>Focus on hacking)

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:13 am

Koa wanted nothing to do with Goser in the first place and will keep that sentiment up here, only giving the mad scientist a surreptitious glance from behind his mask before continuing on to securing the area.

If Goser decides to make himself a problem, he can be dealt with later.

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:50 am

“Thirteeen isn’t it? Welcome. We were actually hoping to meet you. You may call me Ohm

Don’t worry, anything said in here that is damaging will be deleted by me.

Unfortunally I do not have the luxary to talk, I have to make sure nobody gets hurt...on either team. I’ll let my associate do the talking.”

Haley focuses on hacking and let Alex do the talking

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Jul 07, 2021 4:58 pm

Seeing how Thirteen was actively moving away from the infiltrating group, the trainers in the control room decide they have other things to focus on, turning their eyes to the consoles and trying to figure out where what they need is located. All while the team heading for the artifact seems to be of a similar mind, focusing on the objective, letting not even the gunfire of many Euler bother them. A well-aimed rock of Koa hits one square in the face to knock them out cold, while Luna blasts one with fairy energy... While Grimm picks up the weakened man and simply throws him against one of his compatriots. It only took a moment of this shootout for the clones, with no pokemon to back them up, to be taken care of, and soon standing before the door just as Jeremy announced over their communication system.

"There! Done! We disabled the security, get in there!"

The heroes needed not be told twice, Grimm casually mentioning things were going remarkably smooth as they entered the circular hall of the main research chamber. There in the midst stood the glass containment cell, lifted to rest under some kind of strange, drill like apparatus, a whole host of cables running along the ceiling and wall. And while the trio approached the containment cell, Jeremy and Haley continued their work.

"Okay, we got them in. Now we just have to secure the network!" Jeremy spoke, already beginning, and presuming Haley would join him- Though perhaps not before he hears Isabella who's on guard duty call out.

"What about the download? Weren't we going to steal data?"

"E-Erm, yes, but we haven't locked down the network yet... Should we really risk anything?"

(Suggestions:
>Focus on securing the network
>Start trying to download data)

Back at the artifact, Grimm was already floating up. It seemed he was of mind to simply try and smash the machine to get his prize, and then make their quick retreat. But as the trio focused on him but for a moment, Luna barely hit the floor with a screech in time as a blast flew inches over her head. Their visitor having deemed to try and get in a pot shot before even anything else. Deigning them only with speech after, as the mechanized soldier spoke in mechanically altered voice.

"You are no gods," they spoke clearly, the weaponized hand briefly lowering as the trio took a defensive posture.

"Though it does not matter. I have orders to try and take you alive. Do not make this hard for me," they spoke, before a hand raised from their back, lifting an object. So long ago and seen from so far, the trio was likely not even to recognize what it was. But they'd get some clue as what remained of Regifae, a piece of crystallized rock, was pressed deep into a slot on the suit And no moment later, did the suit react, lighting up with vibrant colors, and the soldier rushed in.

(Suggestions:
>Destroy Regifae's core first
>Try and defeat Ruby without destroying the core. 20% chance something bad will happen.)

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:11 pm

"It's probably important to secure it first before we download things, right?"
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:27 pm

Haley nods and goes to secure the network.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:27 pm

Koa wastes no time in releasing Kinhe who, under the Spark's disguise spell*, looks an indefinite, multi-limbed... thing shrouded in static. If this Godslayer lady didn't know about Ultra Beasts already, she's going to have an even harder time discerning just what Kinhe is now.

With only a moment's hesitation, he orders Kinhe to bond with him. The static-shrouded jellyfish swoops in and envelopes her trainer, forming a very strange sight. Koa is only partially visible through the static-y haze and many, flowing limbs - his head and torso are barely visible through Kinhe's translucent bell while his exposed legs show clearly, standing firmly on the ground like he prefers (rather than dangling in the air like Lusamine).

Already Koa can feel his perception shifting as Kinhe seeps chemicals into his system. She's trying to restrain herself, for his sake, but the two haven't practiced this maneuver enough for her to have full control over it. Koa will need to end this quickly before he starts to lose himself to the sensation.

For now, Koa stands before his opponent, ready for a one-on-one mech fight. His is biological, hers artificial, and both are augmented by Fairy-infused artifacts - his sword, the Crystal Resolution, against Regifae's core.

Though... what should Koa do about the core? Koa could try to destroy it to make the fight easier, but... couldn't something be done with the core? Maybe the Builder, Regigigas, could revive Regifae? Wouldn't that be worth the extra risk? After all, the trainers are trying to stop the Godslayers, and that entails protecting the god-pokemon. Regifae isn't technically one of them, they're a construct, but they're close enough to count, aren't they?

So Koa makes his decision. He's going to beat this woman, and he's going to liberate Regifae while doing it!

Choice -> Try to defeat Ruby without destroying the core.
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:27 pm

Metallic monstrosities

As team tech began their work on securing the network to guarantee their friends safety, said group would be forced to fight far more directly. By now it was obvious the power armored warrior was stalling, expecting the measures in the room to help make quick work of the trainers. But when it became obvious that would not be happening, the offense was taken once again. Their opponent releasing a Metagross and Conkeldurr, and battle soon starting. Though it would be the trainer Koa who would demand the actual combatants attention. Fusing together with Kinhe, and while expressions are impossible to read behind that helmet, body language seemed to betray at least some confusion. And the fighter would find her cannons useless as Kinhe established a grapple, earning naught but a scoff. Though Koa's plan to give their opponent a proper "mech battle" may be cut short as the giant steel pokemon that was released had no intention to see their master kept occupied. And with a raised fist leveling at him, the plan for a one on one might not turn out as easy as he had hoped.

At least until another punch connected with the Metagross first. A well aimed ghastly attack from Grimm forcing the beast to shift it's focus, while Luna had the other pokemon collapse with a heavy thud. Only asleep for now, but it gave her opportunity to level her staff toward the metallic monster, a beam of lunar energy striking hard against it's shell.

And yet, it did not seem as injured yet as one would hope.

And the metal warrior herself clenched two of the tentacles holding her with a vice-like grip. Koa could feel the pain surging through him as well with the connection they shared. And she pushed back.

And as fighting went on at one side of the base, at the others things seemed only a tad more calm, though the unnerving feeling in their stomachs that things were going too easy would remain. Perhaps rightfully so, as even before the two tech wizzes could completely shut down the network, they began to notice someone was trying to override their controls. An act that they were only barely able to stop in time, a triumphant look shared between the nervous boy and confident youngster.

Though a voice annoucing itself over the intercom would reveal that they were not confident with having that be the last act. A clearly female voice coming through. Their voice filled with such a bitter anger it would serve to make most have their hairs raise on the back of their neck.

"You think you would outsmart me at my own game? If we fail here today, it shall not be ME responsible."

The voice was only halfway through her sentence when Isabelle's eyes had gone wide, announcing a loud "Incoming!" before diving away, moments before a section of the wall erupted into a series of splinters. The ringing in the trainers ears not given a second to recover as a metallic arm slammed through the door, then, a large four wheeled robot forcing itself through. Alex, Jeremy and Haley only having just enough time to dive for cover as the machine gun within their chassis levels itself toward them, and unloads, bullets flying through the room as smaller, flying drones came buzzing in from behind. At least there these proved to be more of a nuisance than such a clear threat, Haley simply managing to knock one out by targetting the right wires, then yanking them loose as it drops to the floor, doing the same to another one as for that one Alex makes sure it's out with a well aimed aura-fueled punch.

But even in all that abrupt chaos, Alex would notice one thing. Of all things, he would not expect a robot to have an aura. Or, perhaps... A part of it to hold aura. It seemed there was something stowed away inside it, behind a cover. If what it had could even be described as an aura. It felt, it looked... Wrong. Like part of him was going to be sick if he kept staring at that inky abyss that seemed to suck the life away from the very space around itself. Describing it as "black" wouldn't fit, though it would be the only way to describe it to someone not like him. He would be left to wonder if he could describe "nothingness" to another like him, and come through that way.

Regardless, with Pearl having brought her own force to bear, any further hacking would be difficult to do- At least as long as her robotic friends were still operational.

Suggestions:
Fight
Flee

Back at the artifact, things seemed to take a sour turn. Grimm rewarded for his own efforts by a punch of the Metagross own design, dark energies causing even the mighty ghost to flinch. And Koa's own opponent was gaining ground, forcing the tentacled limbs back down.

"I do not know what trick of yours this is. But it's not enough."

The soldier raised her boot, and aimed to shove off the fusion with one well aimed kick.

She was not prepared when Koa took the brunt of the hit... And then held on. The mechanical soldier forced off balance, iron grip loosening as they fell. An opportunity for them to strike, a massive gunk of rock ripped out, then slammed down- Only to find that aetherial shield block a massive chunk of it, and a sudden gust of rocket boots giving the mechsuit the distance it needed to get back up. Luna knocked to the side by the Metagross, while the conkeldurr got back up... But there at least Grimm put him on a longer sleep as a psychic attack knocked them out, the two of them again focusing on the metal pseudo-legendary. Though it looked like it had enough now, and noticing it's one trainer far away, raised one of it's legs into the sky, before stomping down.

The devastating earthquake that followed would break much of the room. Including the machine that held the artifact. As it's prison broke, the artifact fell out, hitting the ground with a loud dull "thud". And the attack would certainly have been too much for the duo... Were it not for Kinhe and Koa to quickly have rushed to their defense with a wide guard.

But Koa still had his own battle to fight.

With that shield... There was little hope of winning, if it blocked all attacks as effectively as it did.

Really, what he did next could just as much have been an act of desperation, as it could have been a hunch. As the fused duo dove in, this time the girl was getting ready in a prepared stance...

Only for the crystal resolution to be whipped out at the last second. A loud ringing sound heard as the fairy-attuned weapon collided with the shield that protected the mechanized warrior, fizzling... Before, if only for a moment, breaking utterly. But that was all that was needed as the sword pierced through. A gasp and a slight streak of blood as the blade pierced through the armor covering his opponent's lower body.

Though perhaps it should not have been a surprise when a nasty punch to Koa's face revealed that was far from enough to put them down. Which is where Kinhe acted, poison limbs stretching out, grasping as the metallic braces that kept Regifae's essence secured. Poison melting away at the metal, as it was Koa's fist that reached forward and pulled it out with one mighty snag.

The next hunk of rock, smashing down and breaking the visor was far more effective than the last.

Finally, the warrior was stumbling back. Slight blinking red glow and a vague distress message heard. The mechanically altered voice muttering.

"Stupid... Warnings... Distracting me..!"

Ruby reached for her helmet, and with a loud click, took it off. Finally revealing her visage. Confirming for certain that she was, in fact, a girl. Indeed, Koa would judge that the redhead carrying a pony-tail could not be much older than any of them, at the very most in their early twenties.

He could also tell she wasn't entirely human.

Staring intensely at all of them now, were two serpentine eyes, almost literally burning with fury. Scales running along her neck and down her cheeks, on an otherwise fair visage. And from her mouth, slowly steeping the beginnings of an actual fire, as smoke began to billow forth from her own lips. Only moments before with a slight grunt, those changes seemed to intensify, scales creeping up, teeth sharpening- And then suddenly taking flight as a large set of orange wing burst forth from her back.

"I am..."

"Going to burn you all down to ash!"

Suggestions:
Fight
Flee (with artifact)
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:22 pm

"This thing has something alive in it! But it's... Pure malice, barely counts as life. We should get rid of these things. Won't be the first time we beat down a bunch of robots." Alex tosses Roy's ball toward the source of the gunfire and trusts in his nuclear punches to settle things there.
Last edited by Dlover on Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My game:

My characters:

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:25 pm

Haley swivels in the chair with a grin. "I might be decent at tech but I'm brilliant when it comes to battles. Often I find myself at a disadvantage in them, but I must say that I believe that I have the upper hand. I always wanted a robot. ...Alright bring your strongest pokemon to fight the bots."

Haley sends out Amber to start incinerating the bots, especially those holding onto items.

Haley then gives them a grin and pulls out something and starts to forcibly install something onto one of the robots once she gets her hands on it. A type change for grass to be added to whatever else it has. "This one is mine."

Edit: Haley will disable one of the bots and has Roy punch another bot (photographer last feat)

(Can I assume we are level 15 now since we did the gym battle? Because she potentially would have things that could affect the battle in a drastic way.)

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:31 pm

With the optional objective of Regifae's core in one hand-tentacle and the main objective of the Fairy box broken out of its containment and laying on the floor nearby, Koa seriously considered the prudence of just grabbing the goods and high-tailing it out of there.

The problem with that idea is that former-mech-lady, current-dragon-lady is now very, very mad and will likely make fleeing a difficult prospect, especially with those new wings of hers. Not impossible, but it might just be a better idea to face her, here and now, rather than let her harass the trainers as they escape.

The thought passed through Koa's mind on whether he was just making an excuse to keep the battle going, joined with Kinhe. Because it felt really good, fighting like this, even if she was leeching the life from his body to maintain this form.

Koa shook his head. Whatever, excuse or not, his mind was made up. This lady was going down. Koa could separate from Kinhe after.

Choice -> Fight

Although... was this lady literally turning into a pokemon? What does that mean? She wasn't one of the god-pokemon, right, she couldn't be? Was this another sci-fi concept made reality, like with the mech suits and the clone soldiers? Was she actually some kind-of human-pokemon hybrid?

And if she was turning into a pokemon... could she be captured like one?

This might be crazy, but if he was going to take this lady down anyway, Koa was willing to try. Specifically, he would try to get her to transform as close to a full pokemon form as possible. Then he would try to use his Snag Machine, because if she could be captured, then she likely already had a pokeball assigned to her for safety. And it gave him an excuse to use those capture supplies he'd been saving.

Optional -> Capture Ruby?
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Jul 18, 2021 4:42 pm

Mechanical menace

While a brief opportunity of trying to escape did seem to present itself, it was obvious the trainers were not about to take it just yet, instead focus turning straight to dealing with the mechanical menace the scientist had unleashed on them. Jeremy no real use in direct combat, his pester balls useless against these enemies, he tries to move to the console with little luck, the robots indeed on a separate network. Meaning it's just his Metang and Roy that get to deal with the robots... Though they are none the less cleaning shop, the metal type managing to take out lesser drones with single blows, while Roy tries and deal with the main baddie. His efforts are rewarded with a heavy helping of lead, though at least that means it's not aimed at the party bulk.

Which gives them in turn chances for other things. And while Isabella may prefer more direct smashing, Haley manages to disable one- And then quickly starts installing something to make sure that she'd have a new buddy soon enough. Joined with using her photographic instincts to have Roy punch yet again, it was rapidly turning out that no mere machine could hope to stand against them. Already, ranks were thinning, and a combined assault of everyone was slowly bringing down the twin-barreled robot.

But the robot, with a secret hidden up it's body, was still standing. And sensing an imminent defeat the voice over the intercom spoke again.

"As if I am just going to let you get away. I had orders this were only to be used against any gods, but screw that. Override protocol zeta, code seven four three five!"

"Fire the Soul Breaker!"

And while Roy had bent one of the machine's guns to smithereens, the core within had yet been undamaged. Now, the panel opened, with much dramatic glee. Though for most, it would seem to be only a small glass orb in there, almost like it was just a camera watching them...

It was only Alex who could see the energy from before now gathering. About to strike.

(Suggestions:
>Do nothing: someone at random will be hit, having something bad happen.
>Intercept: Person/pokemon hit will have something bad happen. )
► Show Spoiler
Ruby

The trio of other heroes meanwhile, stood before a foe that, even after the beatdown, seemed to have regained a lease on life. And a still angry Metagross behind them besides. For a moment, grabbing what they came for and running like hell seemed to be the wise thing to do. Hope that perhaps Ruby was running only on adrenaline, and would not be able to give prolonged chase. Though as the fusion between Kinhe and Koa braced themselves again, the choice was made, and the three of them got ready to claim definite victory.

Their efforts rewarded by Ruby engulfing the room in an inferno.

Though she likely did not expect the partial resistance from Koa, who bit through the searing pain to deliver yet another punch to this super soldier that refused to go down. Luna worked her healing magic, a surge of vitalizing energy for Koa and Grimm, as the latter finally knocks down the pseudo-legendary. And with that, focus could return to Blaze, who even now alone, would be the most fearsome foe they had faced yet. Consuming fire, and punches backed up by a robotic body. Blow after blow, it seemed it was more this metallic body was failing than the actual girl herself, who kept up her fierce determination even through cuts and bruises. But still, she was injured, and with that, the trainer saw a chance. Preparing his pokeball, the snag machine, and one, good throw..!

...And having the ball bounce off the soldier, of course.

"...Seriously?"

Pissed off expression aside, the moment of confusion of having a ball hit her on the front head was enough for Grimm and Luna to unleash a combined attack, and finally knock the soldier to the ground. Even then, with a grunt, she was trying to get up... Only for one of her metallic legs to suddenly snap off, breaking in two parts as little pieces of gears and components fell to the side. Falling on hands and remaining knee, the exhaustion finally seemed to settle in. A final attempt to get up, even though her body was no longer complying.

"N-No... This isn't right! I can't fail here!" she spoke, trying to lift one of her arms, before with a slight sparking noise, it gave up, too.

"Everyone is counting on me!"

"I'm supposed to be..."

"...The hero..."

With that final statement, the girl collapsed, in bad state. Prompting the ghost to speak.

"Finally. Grab the artifact, we should be leaving posthaste. I'll deal with the girl," he spoke, though Luna was not outright dismissing what he had just said, asking what he meant with dealing with the girl. She got the hint when he responded with an "It'll be quick," upon which the priestess quickly called out.

"Absolutely not! We're not killing her!"

"Were we in the same battle just now? Had the traps that were in this room still been active, or the lesser soldiers be able to provide backup rather than deal with my distraction, we would not have stood a chance! She's far too valuable an asset to simply leave unharmed, lest we encounter her even better prepared again in the future."

(Suggestions:
>Leave Ruby
>Kill Ruby
>Capture Ruby (very heavy, will slow down escape.))
► Show Spoiler