PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Home to all current Forum Games.
SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by SuperVaderMan » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:45 pm

Koa also has no interest, having made his capture already!

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:08 pm

Haley

Haley puts her idols on the pedestal, as no moment later the iron door ahead of her slowly grinds open... Revealing beyond it... My god- It can't be..!

It's another door.

Well, not just a door, of course... There's some kind of reward machine to the side- Where apparently she can make one selection between a dusk stone, razor claw, or leaf stone. In addition, here her lantern reveals something that finally seems of interest, rather than cryptic writings on the wall- Off to the other side, a keyhole, which seems like an obvious deduction to opening the next door... One that would have been almost impossible to find without the aid of the lantern.

What about the key, though..? There was no sign of it on her- Wait. It's just... Lying on the ground there? That seems weird. Almost like one of the monsters in the maze was so flustered by the way they were defeated, they forgot to drop it when they were supposed to, and instead moved it here to be collected... And not a mistake by some kind of greater intelligence that is in control of everything.

None the less, she opens the next door as well, and is met... With ANOTHER door. It's getting kind of silly now... There's another reward machine, offering a dark pulse, X-scissor, or brick break TM... As well as a television set, A DVR record lit up with three red lights.

Alex, Koa, Izzy

The party continues further, and soon find their travel to continue uninterrupted, before they stand at the city once more... Where the height of interesting pokemon to be seen are meowth scavenging through bins, and pidgey sitting on the top of roofs. It appeared their little excursion had come to an end for now, with time to spare- It'd be about an hour before dusk.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:45 pm

Haley grabs the leafstone, the key and x-scissor. She looks at the player to see if anything is in it before she goes to the secret area where the keyhole is and tries her luck there.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:49 am

Haley

Haley grabs her rewards, then looks at the recorder to find nothing... And then stands around, because there is no "hidden area" where the keyhole is- It was only revealed by her lantern, and she had already unlocked it to get the second reward, with there being no apparent sign to open the next door.

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:40 am

"Well that was fun, but I need to head to the pokemon center, are you coming too Izzy, or is there something else you wanted to do first?" Once there she'll deposit Etoile after getting her healed swapping her out for Shock.

Giving Shock the razor claw Irene sighs watching the clock nerves slowly growing on her.

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:50 am

The darkness playing havoc, again another miss as Grunt's mud bomb goes astray!

Mud Bomb (AC = 3; Damage = 31)
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:56 am

"I should visit the centre and get my pokemon's injuries treated, too."

((I'm just gonna heal up all my pokemon as much as they can be.))
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:00 am

Bjorn

Grunt misses again, as the Sableye hits with a sneak attack for 34(26) damage... And he also takes 33(25) damage from the feint attack previously because, well, it's a feint attack that's not supposed to be able to miss..!

Lights remaining: 4
Grunt(18/14) 29/80
Sting(16) KO
Sableye(5) lightly injured, -1 AC

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:13 am

Per [5d6+5] = 13+5 = 18Surv [5d6+2] = 13+2 = 15
Haley goes to retrace her steps to the first keyhole she found.

(Yet she found the first keyhole before getting the lamp, due to her amazing per. Also it wasn't clear that she used the key, espessially since there was one in a compleatly different area, nearby the clown machine)

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:27 pm

Koa will also see to his pokemon and get his newly-caught Greninja tended to.

"So when's this... whatever it is going down?" Koa asks Irene along the way. "Do ya even know what to look for?"

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:20 am

Realising he's about to lose another mon in a losing battle of attrition, Bjorn gulps nervously.

"I'm sorry buddy, looks like he's got you licked. Do your best for me please, make him pay!"

Grunt nods determinedly, and goes back to lobbing another Mud Bomb.

Mud Bomb (AC = 8; Damage = 41)
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:35 am

So I've not had the best opportunity to see what to roll these last couple of days, but crowley will shoot it with a bubblebeam followed by ghos that will use hypnosis. Unless confusion isn't removed by recalling and releasing. Then Drake will cast the ball at it.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:01 am

Haley

Haley needs to do a whole lot of tracking, but generally manages to keep herself oriented enough to find the door she had found so previously before... And the key is found to be a perfect fit. Opening the door, she is met with a small, somewhat disturbing room... A sarcophagus stands in front of you, locked tight- Off to the sides of the room, behind iron bars, stood more of those blue candles, all lit and bathing the place in a blue glow... A pot of wilted flowers stands on the far edge of the grave, though there is one peculiarity that lies before it- A DVR tape...
► Show Spoiler
Koa, Izzy, Irene, Alex

The party unanimously decides now is the time for healing their pokemon, first- Idle, hushed chatter happening as they do, the most prominent question when whatever was going to happen this evening, would happen... There's no real answers to that particular question, however- Besides "tonight".

What will they do, with what time may or may not remain..? Should they try and catch sleep, assuming whatever it is will be enough to wake them? Should they stay vigilant? Is there enough time to somehow prepare..?

Bjorn

Grunt does some more damage with another mud bomb, breaking through some of it's tough armor... In turn however, it hits with another feint attack for 30(22) damage.

Grunt(18/14) 7/80
Sting(16) KO
Sableye(5) heavily injured, -1 AC

Bruce, Drake

Drake is intent on capturing the golbat, giving it a rude awakenening... As it retaliates by biting the crab for 23(16) damage. It's then put back to sleep again, as Drake throws a pokeball and... Misses.

He just tries again, though, the golbat continuing to sleep... And then hits, capturing it!

Drake has caught a lvl 22 hardy male golbat with insomnia and inner focus!
The trainers gain 188 exp to share among their pokemon!

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:25 am

"Well that was fun, but I need to head to the pokemon center, are you coming too Izzy, or is there something else you wanted to do first?"

"I'm coming. My new bug friend reeeaally needs some care..."

At the Center, Izzy takes out the Charjabug and approaches the nurses.

"Hi! Uh...you can fix him, right? He kinda....fell."

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:32 am

Haley picks up the dvd tape. She goes to the wilted plant and gently pulls it out of the pot, searching to see if there is anything other than the plant that was in there. She puts it back into it's pot but instead of placing it back to where it is she takes it with her so she can water it and take care of it.

After messing with the pot, Haley starts to dig the 'grave', using a casket lid from earlier to help her dig at the site. After she gets the coffin open she gets the item and turns her attention to the sarcophagus. She tries to pry it open herself, but failing that she tries to put out the candles, using dug up earth to aid her if needed.

(And after messing with this room she'll try the secret door at the start)

(Yes I put a lot stuff down, trying to make it go a bit faster)

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:41 pm

Eventually, once his Greninja is fully healed, Koa releases it and goes about the process of assuring it that he's totally not a bad person. As usual Koa offers good food in exchange for the frog ninja's strength and companionship, and he promises it's not a trick this time. :paranoia:

With that settled, hopefully, Koa approaches Alex with Greninja in tow!
"Hey, is now a good time to get the new guy looked at?"

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:59 pm

Alex squats down in front of the Greninja, "Sure. What exactly do you want me to teach him?"
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:46 pm

"Well he's looking a bit tough, but... I think it'd be better for him if he focused on being hardier instead, yeah? Can you help him with that?"

(Want to switch him from being Impish to Proud, so +Def/-SpAtk into +HP/-SpAtk)

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:53 pm

"Sure, I can do that for you. Should be done by the time the rest of our pokemon are healed up."
My game:

My characters:

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:07 am

Nox gets all the xp and Drake prepares himself for the ghost/psychic combat that's imminent by learning immutable mind with his new level.

"Should we go see what the other noise was about?"

Drake will move in that direction after recalling all his pokemon except Ghos.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:33 am

Bjorn yells out "AGAIN!" as Grunt hurls another Mud Bomb.

Mud Bomb (AC = 15; Damage = 27)
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:37 pm

Koa, Izzy, Irene, Alex

Koa and Alex take some time to get acquainted with the new capture, and making friends... Before Alex sets to tutoring it immediately- It'll take some time but should be fine... While Izzy hands over the badly injured Charjabug to the nurses.

"Ah... Well, we can put him in the machine- I'm afraid that's pretty much the best we can do... I think it's gonna take several days to get rid off all these wounds, but he should be alright, eventually."

Haley

Haley investigates the potted plant, but finds the vase securely attached to the lid... And the lid really heavy. Evidently, this room was prepared for "clever" people.

Eventually she moves on, and reaches back to the start of the maze, where she opens another hidden door... And finds a small room, it's end filled with an unnatural darkness her flashlight doesn't seem able to pierce- As suddenly, there's a voice. Or rather... A cacophony of different voices, that somehow appeared the same.

"Well well well..."

"What do we have here?"

"Another visitor, digging deeper than she should..."

"Yet a skeptic, not believing anything she sees..!"

"Ahahaha..!"

"What does it want?"

"Answers?"

"Treasure?"

"Both can be provided..."

"For a cost."
► Show Spoiler
Bjorn

The sableye starts with a shadow sneak, and hits for 51() damage... Knocking Grunt out before he can deliver his own KO..!

Grunt(18/14) KO
Sting(16) KO
Sableye(5) heavily injured, -1 AC
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:59 pm

Haley looks around to where the voices are. She feels along the wall with her hand as she gets closer to the source. She gets a candle out to light using the lanturn, figuring something is messing with the electronic. She holds the candle high to better see what is going on, surveying her surroundings.

Athlectics [2d6] = 9

(There were candles too, she could use. And she's taking the wilted plant. What about the grave? Was it able to be dug up?)

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:33 am

Just as the Sneak Attack hits, Grunt uses Endure as a free action to weather the attack, allowing him to get his previous Mud Bomb off! (Daily spent)
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:01 am

Yeah, we probably should. Just in case.

Bruce returns Scraps and starts looking around for what might have caused the earlier noise.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett