UStream Username: burnsbees

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:55 am

Haley will help Alex look for a spot. Per [5d6+3] = 14+3 = 17+2 for archive

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:10 am

Rawku toughs it out, despite the severe type disadvantage, and blasts the over-sized lobster in the face with a Rock Blast!

Rock Blast on Crawdaunt:
1d20 = [8] = 8
1d8 = [6] = 6

3d10+10+29 = [3, 3, 3] = 48

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:45 pm

► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:10 pm

Alex, Haley, Bjorn

The party decides to go and find a local cafe, or something of the likes, where they can meet up with the others soon as they reply... Alex notices something which he points out might be a good spot. Haley and Bjorn both look a bit closer to notice it doesn't exactly look like a... "Pleasant" place, and continue on to something a bit more palatable. Both Haley and Bjorn seem to notice a little cafe that almost seems to contrast against the otherwise rough city. Set on the main road, it looks decent, and holds an actual half-decent menu... Nothing super fancy, but it'll do.

Irene

"I know they're really rare, but dratini are super cute! That said I really don't expect one... Hmm, do the by chance have a pokemon like Happini, Audino, or comfey? Their supportive movesets would work well with my training style... oh, a Popplio would be amazing too!"

"You know it's kind of hard to pick a pokemon when I don't know what they have."

"Fair. As I know, it's usually like this- A breeder's got... For lack of a better term, a current "stock" of pokemon they've been breeding. He'll likely provide a small list of those, and if you pick one of them, you can likely walk away today still with it. Other pokemon, he can likely have arranged on short notice, usually more common pokemon... Those would probably be ready in a day or so. More rare pokemon, however... Well, either he'd have none available, or if he does, he's likely got a backlog of interested people. That make sense?"

Koa

The Crawdaunt smacks Rawku- Or at least, tries to smack Rawku... As it instead finds it's attack missing! Rawku takes this chance to strike with a rock blast- Which Jack commands to bite through, leaving the Crawdaunt almost undamaged..!

2 turns of light remaining
2 uses left.
Enemy: reflect 2
Malamar(25/10) very lightly injured recalled
Kikolo(21) recalled
Crawdaunt(11/6) heavily injured -1 SPD
Rawku(5) 64/98 -1 SPD

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:40 pm

There it is again, Jack's ordering his pokemon to completely shrug off a big attack. Thankfully the... Crawdaunt, Koa gets from his pokedex, missed for now.

"Keep it up, Rawku, another Bulldoze! He's got to tire out eventually, yeah?" Well, Koa hoped that was the case.

Bulldoze on Crawdaunt again: 1d20 = 5
2d8+10+29 = 43

(I'll spend 1 AP to boost that AC to a 6. -1 Spd on hit again.)
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:50 pm

Koa

The Crawdaunt, yet again, scores a critical hit as it turns to spray a bunch of bubbles..! Dealing 73 damage- But it gets translated, once again, to 54 damage thanks to it's tough armor... As Rawku is looking to knock it out with another bulldoze- But finds the attack intercepted as the crawdaunt protects itself, negating the damage..!

6 uses left.
Kikolo(21) recalled
Crawdaunt(10/6) heavily injured -2 SPD
Rawku(4/5) 10/98 -2 SPD
► Show Spoiler

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:06 pm

Hoping to take advantage of the Crawdaunt's recovery time, Koa orders Rawku to go with a more-reliable Smack Down attack.

Smack Down on Crawdaunt: 1d20 = [2] = 2
2d6+10+29 = [4, 3] = 46

The Rhydon lobs a chunk of stone up in the air! Unfortunately it wasn't accurate enough, as when it comes back down it glances off the Crawdaunt's hard shell harmlessly.

Koa decides to push his luck, hoping the Crawdaunt is equally as inaccurate. If it is, it will be in for a lot of hurt! (Assuming it doesn't have Shell Armor)

Bulldoze on Crawdaunt 3 (hopefully?): 1d20 = 20
2d8+10+29 = 54
2d8+10 = 19
54 + 19 = 73

► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:47 pm

Koa

The Crawdaunt says his graces when the next attack misses... And gives the crawdaunt the chance to fire another series of bubbles for 51(54) damage- Knocking Rawku out..!

6 uses left.
Kikolo(21) recalled
Crawdaunt(10/6) heavily injured -2 SPD
Rawku(4/5) KO
► Show Spoiler

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:59 pm

Koa gives a little sigh, though he can't say that was unexpected. He sends Kikolo back out to hopefully finish the job. Taking a close look at the Crawdaunt's entry, Koa decides it's worth the risk to go for a Pin Missile opposed to a Brick Break. Koa turns on the dim lights again, just in case.

With his opponent illuminated, Kikolo fires off more spines, aimed directly at the weakpoints in the Crawdaunt's armor! (Unless it has Shell Armor)

Pin Missile on Crawdaunt: 1d20 = [20] = 20
1d8 = [5] = 5

3d10+10+23+5 = [8, 7, 6] = 59 (non-crit)
6d10+20+23+5 = [8, 7, 6, 6, 4, 1] = 80 (crit)

► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:03 am

Koa

While the Crawdaunt does have part off the attack blow off it's armor, the damage is none the less more than enough to knock it out. Next up is a houndoom.

2 light turns remaining.
5 uses left.
Houndoom(25/20)
Kikolo(21)
Crawdaunt(10/6) KO
Rawku(4/5) KO

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:35 am

Despite the speed and partial type disadvantage, Koa decides to keep Kikolo in. He's evasive, has good special defenses, and can set up a powerful Counter attack if the hound tries something more physical. Like Rawku, Kikolo should be able to handle even most type disadvantages.

"Brick Break your way through that barrier thing, Kikolo!"
Brick Break on Houndoom: 1d20 = 20
3d8+10+23 = 48
3d8+10 = 25
48 + 25 = 73

Kikolo flips open his wings and, with a burst of speed, blasts forward to deliver a devastating punch, throwing the weight of his whole body behind it and straight into the hound's skull! Let's see Jack's training shrug off that!

Otherwise, if Kikolo gets hit with a powerful enough physical move, Kikolo will resist the damage and Counter the attack by grabbing the Houndoom, raising it in the air, and slamming it down with a piledriver!

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:52 am

Koa

Jack deliberates his move for a moment... But does indeed eventually go for a physical attack- Striking with a fire fang..! Or at least, tried to strike with a fire fang, as the attack instead misses... And the brick break that follows, even with Jack putting up the resistance, is more than enough to knock it out! At least... At first.

"We're not done yet- Press on!"

And with that, the Houndoom briefly sways at the attack that should have been enough to knock it out... And keeps standing it's ground.

1 light turns remaining.
5 uses left.
Houndoom(25/20) how is he still standing
Kikolo(21)
Crawdaunt(10/6) KO
Rawku(4/5) KO

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:13 am

"Speed up Kikolo, don't give him the chance! Go for a Sweet finisher, yeah?"

A grumble emanates from the Heracross's abdomen, and he shakes out his arms, limbering up. Before the Houndoom can react, Kikolo bursts forward again, now slightly faster on the draw than his opponent! He plows through the shimmering Reflect with another Brick Break!

Brick Break on Houndoom again: 1d20+4 = [14] = 18
3d8+10+23 = [7, 5, 3] = 48

► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:51 pm

Koa

Jack frowns as Kikolo gets to act before the houndoom, if momentarily- It is enough, however, as the dog is knocked out..!

Next up is a... Muk? It definitely looks like one, albeit a lot more colorful than the regular ones you'd know.

5 uses left.
Houndoom(25/20) KO
Kikolo(21)
Muk(10/5)
Crawdaunt(10/6) KO
Rawku(4/5) KO

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:54 pm

"This place looks better," Bjorn says, leading the others inside. After being pointed to a table, Bjorn remembers to pull Luna's seat out for her before sitting down himself and perusing through the menu. After choosing some gyoza, he turns to the others. "So what are we doing with the... thing?"
► Show Spoiler

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:35 pm

"Fair. As I know, it's usually like this- A breeder's got... For lack of a better term, a current "stock" of pokemon they've been breeding. He'll likely provide a small list of those, and if you pick one of them, you can likely walk away today still with it. Other pokemon, he can likely have arranged on short notice, usually more common pokemon... Those would probably be ready in a day or so. More rare pokemon, however... Well, either he'd have none available, or if he does, he's likely got a backlog of interested people. That make sense?"

"Yeah rare pokemon, are rare for a reason. I guess I should look at the list first."

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:11 pm

"We should keep at least three people to guard at any one time. Once we meet up with the others they may know somebody trustworthy to guard it."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:31 pm

"I need to revive the fossils I have. Oh, and I need to set up a trade or something with Bjorn to give him the snorunt."

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:20 pm

Jack sends out a Grimer (and not a level 30 Muk, don't be silly), and Koa considers the oddly-colored pile of sludge. It's obviously different, so... it must be a Dark-typed variant? That would make it Poison/Dark, which... means it's only weak to Ground-type moves. Also, Rawku was the only pokemon on Koa's team with Ground-type moves. Crap.

Koa decides to switch out Kikolo, keeping the type-effective Heracross in reserve for better match-ups, and sends in Lonaki the Durant. The Steel-typed ant leers into the darkness at his smelly opponent.
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:50 pm

"We can deal with all of that after eating, if you like. Then how do we feel about taking turns at the gym?"
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:54 am

"Yeah... I suppose I don't have anything planned myself for the rest of the evening."

"So... Honestly, it's probably just an early bed for me tonight. And maybe talk about what we've planned for tomorrow..?"

"Yeah, I should probably get some rest too. Might wait for Koa to get out of the gym first though, make sure he gets to the Center alright...."

Oh! Speaking of tomorrow, I was thinking of checking out this Junkrat marketplace. See if I can spend my gym winnings, y'know? Fancy coming along?"

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:15 pm

Koa

As Koa switches, Jack makes use of this to strike with a knock off- Dealing 50(31) damage, and removing his fire bracer!

Then on the next turn however, before the bug type would get to act, Jack does the same thing- Recalling the grimer, and in it's stead sends out a spiritomb.

5 uses left.
Houndoom(25/20) KO
Spiritomb(25/20)
Kikolo(21) recalled
Grimer(20/15) recalled
Lonaki(18)
Crawdaunt(10/6) KO
Rawku(4/5) KO
► Show Spoiler

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:25 pm

Koa's stomach tightens as he sees the Spiritomb come out. It wasn't Charon, of course, but it still gave Koa a reminder of his less-than-pleasant time in that mind prison thing.

Like most of Jack's pokemon, this one seemed awfully quick, much quicker than Koa's pokemon. Koa decides to close that speed gap.

"Loosen up, Lonaki! Some Agility will make you harder to hit, yeah?"

The Durant visibly shudders, shaking out his metallic limbs and body segments. The Spiritomb might still be slightly faster, though...?
Initiative roll - Lonaki vs. Spiritomb: 1d20 = [6] = 6
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:23 pm

Bjorn, Haley, Alex

Bjorn pulls in first, being a real gentleman as he pulls out the chair for Luna... Although he does find himself disappointed that his favorite dish isn't quite on the menu- It's a "nice" place, not a fancy one... Or at the very least, not serving that- Even if there probably are some that might sell it, which is probably not worth the effort.

Regardless, whatever else he may order, the topic of what needs be done with the box is brought up... And what needs be done. Haley needs to take care of her fossil, but already has an idea of where she should go for it... While others simply need to do the gym. Alex suggests simply taking turns, and Luna nods.

"Right... I can keep it safe by myself- But it might not be a bad idea to have more than one people at a time."

And it seems that doing so might not be a bad idea- As a message from Izzy confirms that they're busy right now, joined with an address to meet up, more near the evening...

Irene

Jack nods, and asks for Irene to wait for a moment as he arranges a phone call with the tutor in question... About ten minutes later, it seems he's got him on the phone- And relays what seems available at the time- Ones that are immediately available, at least.

-sableye
-eevee (always in demand, after all)
-corphish
-pawniard
-inkay
-poochyena
-abra
-bounsweet

He asks if any of those seem interesting- And if not, which one in particular Irene might like. He specializes in dark types for a large part, so those would be easiest- But there's no harm in asking...

Izzy

"Yeah, I should probably get some rest too. Might wait for Koa to get out of the gym first though, make sure he gets to the Center alright...."

Oh! Speaking of tomorrow, I was thinking of checking out this Junkrat marketplace. See if I can spend my gym winnings, y'know? Fancy coming along?"

To this question, Isabella seems to... Tense. Her eyes seem to widen, as her teeth clench... And for a moment it seems like she's about to say something, before falling silent and correcting herself.

"Yes. That sounds. Great."

Koa

Lonaki speeds up, becoming more mobile... Although it seems that the opposing spiritomb is just a bit faster, still.

5 uses left.
Houndoom(25/20) KO
Spiritomb(25/20)
Lonaki(25/18) +2 SPD
Kikolo(21) recalled
Grimer(20/15) recalled
Crawdaunt(10/6) KO
Rawku(4/5) KO

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:41 pm

Koa deliberates on whether to try slowing the Spiritomb with a Bite... but opts to go for greater damage potential. He activates the dim lighting again at the same time.

"Start up a Fury Cutter, Lonaki, and make this first hit Spicy!"

Another grumble can be heard coming from the stomach of Koa's pokemon, and thin strands of steam issue from Lonaki's spiracles. Then the little ant darts forward to slash at his spiritual opponent!

Fury Cutter on Spiritomb: 1d20-2 = [16] = 14
2d6+8+20+10+5 = [6, 1] = 50

(+10 from Spicy Wrap for 60, 65 from Swarm if Lonaki is knocked down to 28 HP)
► Show Spoiler