PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Home to all current Forum Games.
SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Post by SuperVaderMan » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:08 pm

Ah. Right. Back to business.

Koa lets out a puff of air, running his fingers through his curly hair. "Where do I even start...?" He thinks for a few moments. There was a lot of crazy stuff Koa would have to reveal. Was it even the right call to tell Jack any of it? He and Fatale seemed trustworthy enough... but maybe Koa should stick with the broad-strokes picture for now?

"...I said I wanted to talk about those Godslayer guys, right? Well it turns out they're just the tip of the iceberg. We figured out the rabbit hole goes way deeper than just them, like-," Koa stops. 'Other dimensions deep,' Koa wanted to say. He errs on the side of caution and holds off on that. "...We figured out that's it's way bigger than our little group of trainers, yeah? We've got some really big problems and not enough people we can trust."

Koa glances about the arena surreptitiously. "Is this place private enough for this?"

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:07 am

Bjorn decides to take the vent route, the lack of bolts making him think it is supposed to be pried open as an alternative route. He uses his strength to try lifting the grill before dropping into the vent.

Athletics check: 5D6 = [4, 5, 1, 6, 5] = 21
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:39 am

Koa

Koa is left paused for a moment... Before eventually beginning to talk.

"...I said I wanted to talk about those Godslayer guys, right? Well it turns out they're just the tip of the iceberg. We figured out the rabbit hole goes way deeper than just them, like...We figured out that's it's way bigger than our little group of trainers, yeah? We've got some really big problems and not enough people we can trust."

"Is this place private enough for this?"

Jack paused, seeming... Curious. Should Koa be perceptive enough, he'd notice Jack's shadow behaving... Oddly- Suddenly shifting itself away from the lights that had now turned on, and disappearing under a nearby wall tile- There is an ever so faint click as his attention seems to focus back on Koa.

"It is now. What exactly did you find out..?"

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:28 am

Right. Koa thinks for another few moments, still not sure where he should even start.

"...I guess the first question I gotta ask is uh... well, I know this is gonna sound crazy, but it's important to everything I have to say, yeah?"

Koa shifts his weight uncomfortably... then rests a hand on Kinhe's pokeball. After another moment of consideration, he takes it out and releases its occupant.

Kinhe almost immediately reaches a tentacle towards Koa, but then pulls back at remembering Koa's apprehension towards the contact, instead only tentatively offering the appendage. The alien, crystalline jellyfish looks facelessly between Koa and Jack, uncertain.

"Don't worry Kinhe, the fight's already over. The others took care of it, yeah?" Koa says, placing a hand on the Nihilego's bell, the other hand gently grasping the slick tentacle. Koa takes a sharp breath as his mind links with his pokemon's. Flashes of his battle with Jack come up in Koa's mind as memories of the fight flow between him and Kinhe.

It takes a second for Koa to turn back to Jack again. "So uh... what do you know about other dimensions?"

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:04 pm

Irene's face flushes with guilt at her grandmother's message. It was easy to be stubborn in the face of her father's messages. Even if they did come from a place of concern, but that gently message... plus how long did she take trying to type it out? After several moments of just trying to compose her emotions Irene sent a simple response.

Code: Select all

I will, love you. Let Dad know I love him too.
Irene avoided using any emoji or emoticons afraid that they would confuse her grandmother.

I'm ready to head out whenever. Though Isabella, if I may, how do you know Jack?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:00 pm

Koa

"...I guess the first question I gotta ask is uh... well, I know this is gonna sound crazy, but it's important to everything I have to say, yeah?"

Koa remarks, before releasing Kinhe... Earning a raised eyebrow from Jack as he inspects the strange pokemon- A remark given as Koa assures her that everything is alright.

"Now, that's interesting... Only seen these guys once before. How did you even get it..?" he asks... Seeming surprised as the next question appears to come out of the left field.

"So uh... what do you know about other dimensions?"

"...That I've enough problems with this one to worry about others, too. I know that the place people go when they die is supposed to be another one, and that there's supposed to be... More? But that's about it. Why..?"

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:03 pm

"Now, that's interesting... Only seen these guys once before. How did you even get it..?"

"Oh, you know. Her dad punched a hole through his dimension into ours, we had to fight a bunch of his kids all at once, I caught one of 'em, and then he yanked me back into his dimension, threatening to rip my soul to pieces if anything happened to her. Pretty normal stuff, really," Koa joked with a nervous smile.

"Uh... yeah. So it turns out our dimension is kinda falling apart by the seams? And now a bunch of of things from other dimensions are piling into ours. Kinhe's dad, the uh... Grand Overseer? He's just one of 'em, though he just pokes his head in every now and then to dump a bunch of energy to... slowly turn our dimension into something like his?"

Koa rubs his face with one hand. "This all sounds like complete nonsense, yeah? I mean I can prove it if you want! I can have Kinhe do her... mind link thing and show you where she came from. Or I can show you what her dad looks like."

"But uh... yeah, I guess it all started forty-two years ago? Back when Team Galactic was doing it's thing, trying to force Palkia and Dialga to work for them. Do you know anything about that?"

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:07 pm

Alex

Alex walks up to what he assumes to be a gardener, sitting on a pedestal... Only now seeming to realize he doesn't have an aura..? It's possible that the surrounding aura just masks his, he supposes... As he gets closer.

"Hello there. Are you here to give me some sort of challenge before I can proceed?"

There seems to be no response, at first... The figure eerily still. Until he takes just one step closer- And it's face suddenly turns down, revealing a pair of red glowing eyes... Adorned with skull where he'd hope to meet a face. At which point he finally comes to realize- It's hands not "just" hands, but bones, and it's scythe a... Scythe! The figure now raising up an arm to the nearby plaque, in a vaguely robotic motion...

Haley

Haley wastes no time signing up for the maze herself, after doing all necessary prep... Taking the rule of "stick right"- After trying to fix the flashlight, that is. She's not sure if there's anything to "fix", though... It just looks like it's intentionally shitty. She does manage to overcharge it slightly so it's a bit brighter, but not much.

Sticking to this "keep right" tactic, eventually she seems to stumble across a door of some kind... Filled with a bunch of gears, locked... Some kind of puzzle? Seems like something she could figure out...

(Tech edu to try and open the door, intuition and perception to continue through the maze...)
► Show Spoiler
Bjorn

Bjorn rips loose the vent without too much problems... Before crawling into the vent behind, as it seems definitely made to be able to be traversed- If not exactly comfortably so... Traveling across it, he eventually comes across a grill- Looking down from it to spot what appears to be a room below, containing an idol... Relatively nearby to the vent access, but with no seeming entrances..? He ignores it for now as he continues along the vent, as it eventually takes a left turn, before continuing on... Eventually coming upon a fork in the road. One of the vents leading straight ahead, while the other bends off to the left, seeming to have a faint light...

Irene, (Izzy)

Irene sends a slightly sheepish message back, assuring at least that she's okay... Leaving that for now, as the next morning they are conversing before their leave...

I'm ready to head out whenever. Though Isabella, if I may, how do you know Jack?

"...Long story. Suffice it to say... I was weak. I needed his help."

"...I suppose it's a rather short story after all, huh."

Isabella doesn't seem like she wants to talk much about it... At this time, at least- Moving to get herself ready...

Koa

"Oh, you know. Her dad punched a hole through his dimension into ours, we had to fight a bunch of his kids all at once, I caught one of 'em, and then he yanked me back into his dimension, threatening to rip my soul to pieces if anything happened to her. Pretty normal stuff, really,"

Jack seemed to be shaken from his usual stern appearance for a moment, although quickly composing himself as his eyes narrowed... Trying to determine whether this was some kind of poor joke, or... Somehow the truth?

"Uh... yeah. So it turns out our dimension is kinda falling apart by the seams? And now a bunch of of things from other dimensions are piling into ours. Kinhe's dad, the uh... Grand Overseer? He's just one of 'em, though he just pokes his head in every now and then to dump a bunch of energy to... slowly turn our dimension into something like his?"

"This all sounds like complete nonsense, yeah? I mean I can prove it if you want! I can have Kinhe do her... mind link thing and show you where she came from. Or I can show you what her dad looks like."

"It does. It sounds like something quite... Impossible, almost. But... I did hear about this... Grand Overseer, once before..? In passing, so I've no real idea what it is supposed to be or do... But from what I'm hearing, I'm thinking I'm just fine not knowing. Ignorance is bliss, as they say..."

"But uh... yeah, I guess it all started forty-two years ago? Back when Team Galactic was doing it's thing, trying to force Palkia and Dialga to work for them. Do you know anything about that?"

"Not... Really, no." Jack paused, shaking his head. "Again, I know of the event- But I've likely no information that you'd find useful. Really... Whatever you're getting yourself involved with... It seems like way over my, and with all due respect- Your head. And I'm not quite sure what one could be expected to do."

"But with that said... If even half of what you're saying is true, then it's something very, very important... So of course, I'd offer my assistance, should I somehow be useful..."

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:42 pm

"A robot? Haah, that's the most troublesome thing to deal with. I don't want to just smash it up, repairing something like this could be seriously troublesome. Well, they probably won't have something dangerous in here." Stepping back out of the robot's zone, Alex waits to confirm whether it will follow after, and heads over to inspect the table if not. If the robot does follow, and makes any aggressive action, he strikes at it with a force palm.

Force Palm: Nope
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:51 pm

Koa's heart starts to sink as Jack admits that he's at a loss on what to do about the Overseer. Koa doesn't know what he was expecting; Jack's just as human as anyone. What could one person possibly be expected to do in the face of an all-powerful, possibly omniscient, eldritch monster like that?

"But with that said... If even half of what you're saying is true, then it's something very, very important... So of course, I'd offer my assistance, should I somehow be useful..."

Koa gives a sigh of relief. "That's really all I need. All this stuff would be over anyone's head alone, yeah?" And that's the thing, Koa reminds himself. Jack is just the beginning. Actually, Diancie was the beginning. Starting here, though, it was time to start building a network of capable, trustworthy people. Prometheus put together an organization to do whatever he's doing, and that's working out well for him. Koa figures it's time to do the same.

From there Koa starts briefing Jack on everything he and his group of trainers have discovered so far. Koa gives him some necessary backstory on the Red Chain and how Giratina breaking it has led to the slow unraveling of the dimensional barriers, leading to the current state of affairs.

Then Koa gets into his main concerns. Primarily there are this dimension's antagonists so far: the Godslayers and the Grand Overseer. There's also the overarching problem of the Red Chain and Giratina.

"You know that Prometheus guy, the one leading the Godslayers? Well uh... it turns out he's an... alien."

The Godslayers, an organization whose stated goal is the genocide of all godly beings on this Earth, though Koa doesn't know what they really hope to accomplish. If they're anything like those Team Galactic or Team Plasma guys, and since they've already got their hands on at least one super-important relic in that Fairy box, it's probably not good for anyone. There's also the fact that their leader, the superhuman Prometheus from Giratina's Babylon dimension, is very possibly allied with an unknown entity that's kinda like the Spark and the Overseer, except the Spark doesn't know what it is. That's probably not good, either. Also, the Godslayers have ties to the League, though it's unknown just how deep that goes. What is known is that one of their contacts is Senator Goodwill, and they also have access to the League's discontinued cloning technology.

"That's why I wanted to come to you first. I know you really don't get along with the League that much, so if anyone would know who in the League we could trust, it'd probably be you."

Then there's the Grand Overseer, who is akin to an actual god. It wants to overwrite this dimension to be like the one it lives in. That's bad. On the bright side, it doesn't seem to be an immediate threat. Its goal is a slow, but inevitable one. It will have to be dealt with eventually, but, as far as Koa can tell, it can be left alone for now. The Spark also offered to help by revealing how to lower the Overseer's defenses, Koa recalls. He puts a pin in that thought for later.

The Red Chain seems to be at the heart of all these extra-dimensional problems. If that were to be fixed, would it repair the damage done to this dimension or would it just stop things from getting worse? It had to be done either way, though that left the uncomfortable question of how to go about that. One piece was with its rightful owner, Uxie, but the other two pieces were being held by Pandora and the Spark, both of which seem to have fused with their pieces of the Chain. If Pandora were to be separated from hers, she would likely die. That's not something Koa wants to think about, but how else is the Chain going to be fixed? As for the Spark... well it's not likely he'll want to part with his piece, not until the threat of the Overseer is dealt with. Even then, would he willingly part with it, if he's even able to?

Finally there's Giratina, who ordered the destruction of the first Apricorn tree, ostensibly to seal the sporadic gateway between this dimension and Babylon forever. Whether that's what that would actually accomplish is unknown, as are Giratina's intentions.

"And I dunno if you knew this, but that tree's actually pretty close by. You know about that big dome, Northwest of here? Well it's got a hole in it now, and I'm guessing that's where Prometheus broke out. I think Hermes and Gaia said the portal there'll open again in... 50 days? Well, 49 now."(*)

"But uh... that's about it, I think. We don't even know where to start, really. Me and my friends are on our way to Hantu to maybe learn more about all this God-stuff? Then we were gonna sail from there to Hamachi to see what's going on with the Godslayer lab that's there. Other than that... just hope we find more God-pokemon to network with?" Koa gives a clueless shrug.
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:24 pm

tech [5d6+1] = 20+1 = 21 per [5d6+3] = 13+3 = 16
Haley will continue to use right hand rule until said otherwise.

(Edit: Also can you tell Synch/Dlover in thier parts that Haley gave them a Snorunt/Tyrunt respectivly, preferably with natures, levels and genders listed [and for dlover the held item]? I don't think they are paying attention to Haley's part any more due to gym)
Last edited by Arch Lich Burns on Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:42 pm

Bjorn heads towards the light (literally, not figuratively!)
Last edited by Synch on Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
► Show Spoiler

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:58 am

Izzy waits (im)patiently for the others to hurry up, already trying to decide what she'd spend her Gym winnings on. Something to treat her Pokemon? A new trinket for them would be pretty sweet. Or maybe a TM...

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:06 pm

Ok, then. Irene let's the conversation drop, not wanting to see her reaction to being called Irene's friend.

She waits a little more patiently for everyone else to get ready polishing Ochrona while the others take their time.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:51 am

Alex

Alex pointedly ignores the plaque the statue is pointing at... While ready to attack should it try anything- Luckily, it does seem pretty stuck to that pedestal as instead he inspects the nearby bench. It looks like... An alchemy table? There is a big book filled with cryptic writings, and a whole bunch of herbs and equipment... But what is he supposed to create?

Oh- A "drink of the dead"... According to that plaque, at least.

(Roll medicine edu, occult edu, and survival.)
► Show Spoiler
Koa

"That's really all I need. All this stuff would be over anyone's head alone, yeah?"

"Yeah... I've the impression you only shown the tip of the iceberg, so... Kind of regret doing it here now, standing- Perhaps we'd ought to have sat down and grabbed a drink... Oh well- Continue."

Following this, Koa begins telling... Everything. Jack occasionally nodding to show he's still following... Even if his furrowed brow shows that it's quite overwhelming.

"You know that Prometheus guy, the one leading the Godslayers? Well uh... it turns out he's an... alien."

To this in particular, Jack ends up narrowing his eyes... Seeming to continually expect more and more that this is some kind of joke, and that this was all being recorded or something- But instead sighs as he endures the explanation.

"...Right. It seems like you've had a year's worth of adventures in what has been just a couple days, haven't you..?"

"Anyways, even I know the kinds of things team Plasma committed... If Prometheus is capable of the same things- Regardless of what he might be or not be... Then that's dangerous. Especially if he's already got his claws in the league."

"That's why I wanted to come to you first. I know you really don't get along with the League that much, so if anyone would know who in the League we could trust, it'd probably be you."

"Fair... I suppose I've ought to make a list, shouldn't I? I think... Most gym leaders could be trusted with something along these lines. Although... Perhaps keep it to just talking about the godslayers and their league involvement for now, yeah? One thing at a time."

"Exceptions would be... Sylvester in Nekon, and Richard at Magmontis. Perhaps I might keep things too personal with that... But Richard is Richard Goodwill- THE Goodwills... And Sylvester... He has one of those." Jack says, pointing towards the Nihilego. "And never was quite willing to elaborate how he managed to catch it..."

"Additionally... While I don't think he's a bad person in the least... I'd keep Matsudo and the other elite four members out of this. Not only do I have very little doubt his communication is monitored... The Elite Four are a stickler for rules- And the lap dogs of the league..."

"Just because one is a good person, does not mean they might not be misguided."

"Regardless... In the end, I just want you to know. Pick your allies carefully. Especially if you're ever to imply doing anything against the league... Understand?"
Jack continues, dead serious for a moment.

"The only reason I'm getting away with as much as I can is because... Well, I'm 'Crazy Jack'." he says, waving his hands in the air for a moment as if to emphasize his words. "Whenever the League gets accused of silencing troublesome opinions... Well, they end up just pointing at me- After all, if I'm still being kept around, then surely everything's alright?"

"And I dunno if you knew this, but that tree's actually pretty close by. You know about that big dome, Northwest of here? Well it's got a hole in it now, and I'm guessing that's where Prometheus broke out. I think Hermes and Gaia said the portal there'll open again in... 50 days? Well, 49 now."

"No. I did not, in fact know that... I didn't even know about any... Dome?"

"But uh... that's about it, I think. We don't even know where to start, really. Me and my friends are on our way to Hantu to maybe learn more about all this God-stuff? Then we were gonna sail from there to Hamachi to see what's going on with the Godslayer lab that's there. Other than that... just hope we find more God-pokemon to network with?"

"Right... Well. If you're going to be stopping at Hantu... You'd ought to speak with Othello. I might not exactly be helpful with all this... Supernatural business. But if there's one person in the world who can, it ought to be him. If not him... The temple he helps maintain."

"I don't expect him to actively want to help. He'd likely want to keep his hands clean, in a sense... But, he would be willing to give you answers you might be looking for. If anyone is going to be able to tell you more about these other worlds... It'll be him."

► Show Spoiler
Haley

Haley manages to unlock the puzzle door with little issue..! And soon continues further along the maze- Eventually coming across a vent higher up in the maze, although it seems far too tall for her to jump up to... As she instead continues onwards- Eventually coming upon a larger opening in the maze, some kind of room... Creepy music beginning to play as she enters what seems to be a... Carnival? Soon startled as what appears to be a clown animatronic suddenly turns to her, bellowing loudly.

"HELLO, *HALEY*! WELCOME TO THE CARNIVAL! YOU'LL NEED A TICKET TO PLAY! FIRST ONE'S FREE, AND IF YOU WANT ANY MORE, PLEASE JUST THROW SOMETHING IN MY BELLY!" the creepy clown yells out, it's final words punctuated by it's jaw seeming to unhinge, revealing a large tube leading downwards... As well as sticking out a hand, dispensing a single ticket. It seems there's three "attractions" within the room... A shooting gallery, an electric maze, and a hammer and bell- On the opposite corner of the room, there's a locked door, as well as a "prize dispenser"... Seems that 1 token open the door, 2 gets you an idol, and three gets you... Candy?

(Combat for shooting gallery, focus for electric maze, athletics for bell and hammer)

Bjorn

Bjorn heads to the left, entering a larger hall that seems ever so dimly illuminated... And is met with what looks like a cushioned floor- The reason of which becomes quite apparent, as he ends up looking upwards, along a wall climb leading to an elevated platform, about four meters up... Where an idol seems to sit. The initial climb seems easy enough- But it does also seem to continue, albeit much harder...

(Roll acrobatics or athletics if you wish to attempt the climb.)
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:36 am

Haley goes to the shooting gallery first. She checks the sites and maks sure it's accurate, along checking the gun itself.

Per [5d6+5] = 20+5 = 25

(Since marksman is per/combat, I rolled per. Is that okay?)

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:00 am

"Fair... I suppose I've ought to make a list, shouldn't I? I think... Most gym leaders could be trusted with something along these lines. Although... Perhaps keep it to just talking about the godslayers and their league involvement for now, yeah? One thing at a time."

Koa supposes that makes sense. Most of the other stuff isn't an immediate problem, so it might be better to avoid talking about 'aliens'. That might not go over too well with most people. The only reason Koa feels comfortable talking about this inter-dimensional stuff with Jack is because Koa has irrefutable proof in the form of Kinhe. Speaking of, it's revealed that one of the Gym leaders, Sylvester, has a Nihilego as well.

"Hmm... I gotta wonder if he's got ties to that Overseer cult we ran into on the way here. Did I mention those guys? There was a guy named... Mathias? Of the Sons of Aether? He said he was some kinda scientist researching these guys," Koa pats Kinhe on the bell, "and then he just kinda... fell in love with 'em? Or something? Somehow they just knew that I caught Kinhe, so he came to see us. I wouldn't be surprised if this Sylvester guy is involved with 'em."

"Regardless... In the end, I just want you to know. Pick your allies carefully. Especially if you're ever to imply doing anything against the league... Understand?"

Koa gives a firm nod. "Right. So, most of the Gym leaders would be good, and they all probably know who to trust in their own spheres, yeah? The more people we can get working on this, the better."

"No. I did not, in fact know that... I didn't even know about any... Dome?"

"Hm, I just figured since it's not far off from the city, you would. I'll give you the coordinates to it," Koa says, fishing out his Pokedex and doing just that. "It's practically the world's first historical site, yeah?"

"In fact it's 'cause it's so close that I'm thinking Prometheus made his way here when he first came through the portal. You know that Pandora girl I told you about? Her real name's Pam Pyxis, and she used to live here. I dunno if that name means anything to you, but I figure that since she's close to Prometheus now, this could be where he found her. If you're gonna look into all this Godslayer stuff, that might be a place to start."

"Right... Well. If you're going to be stopping at Hantu... You'd ought to speak with Othello. I might not exactly be helpful with all this... Supernatural business. But if there's one person in the world who can, it ought to be him. If not him... The temple he helps maintain."

"I don't expect him to actively want to help. He'd likely want to keep his hands clean, in a sense... But, he would be willing to give you answers you might be looking for. If anyone is going to be able to tell you more about these other worlds... It'll be him."

"Othello, got it."

"Anyway, I'm gonna head out now. I gotta spend the night at the Center after all that. Do you have a personal phone so we can keep in touch? I gotta buy another one - I gave mine to... oh, I gotta tell you about Numa, too. She's another Zoro...ark? She's like Fatale, but she got blessed by Darkrai when she was still an egg, so now she's got crazy nightmare powers. It's not as important as all the other stuff, but if you ever head out West again, maybe you can stop by? If she's gonna warm up to anyone, it'd be you and Fatale, probably. I don't think she's in any trouble, but just based on what she is I'm just worried about the Godslayers finding out about her, yeah?"

After that, Koa finally heads out of the gym. He makes sure to leave behind any gym-challenge materials behind, like his remaining candle and the panic button.

With a shiny, new Iron badge and a new ally in the fight to protect this dimension, Koa triumphantly makes his way to the Center for a well-earned rest!

Well, there's one last thing. He releases Kinhe again in the privacy of his room. Holding the 'Tutor Service' slip in his hand, he scans the Nihilego for the first time....

Finally, finally it's a new day! Although, instead of Koa's usual morning stretches and exercises, he has to lay in bed or wait around as the nurses fuss over him. Yawn.

While he's waiting, he figures he might as well retrieve Naolhi and Analo so they can work their Pickup magic. Naolhi finds more drugs a berry!
Pickup in Murkoff 2: 1d20 = [6] = 6
Probability Control: 1d20 = [16] = 16
Probability Control (Entrainment): 1d20 = [10] = 10

Eventually Koa is released, and after he does some training with his pokemon (with Maguma getting used to his new height increase), he goes out to find Izzy and the others!

"Hey guys, sorry I'm late!" Koa apologizes, a little out of breath, having picked up the pace to make up for time. "We were going shopping or something?"

In particular, Koa is on the lookout for what kind of specialty pokeballs Murkoff sells, only having a single basic ball left. He also keeps an eye out for nets and the like, anything to help make catching pokemon easier. He's not looking for any pokemon in particular, but if he ever needs to rescue any god-pokemon from the Godslayers, then he needs to be prepared!

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:47 am

Are we pausing until we have stable forum?

A post of mine is gone. Bjorn rolled a 17 on Ath check and climbed.
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:50 am

Yeah, that seems like the safe bet to do.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:06 pm

Haley

Haley decides to go for the combat range, holding the gun admittedly perhaps a bit sloppily... But makes up for that with superior perception- Using her observation to line up those first couple misses, and soon starts reliably hitting reliably... Even seeming to make up for those couple testing shots with now incredible marksmanship- As the nearby clownbot seems impressed. Or, well, is programmed to act it at least.

"OH MY! A TRUE MARKSMAN! YOU ARE TAKING ME OUT OF BUSINESS! THREE POINTS FOR *HALEY*!"

With that, behind her the door opens... As well as dispensing the idol that was talked about... And a rare candy! The next one seems to be rewarded at another two points...

Bjorn

Bjorn attempts the wall climbing challenge... And succeeds without too much difficulty, as he claims his reward on top!

Bjorn obtained the mankey idol!

Now with his prize, he does notice the climb continues further, to another reward on an even higher platform... But the challenge also seems a LOT harder- There is cushioning on the floor below, but if he falls too often, or has a potentially bad fall... It might still hurt.

(Give me athletics/acrobatics roll if you want to try... Multiple if he'd keep trying.)

Koa, Izzy, Irene

The party continues onwards, guided mostly by Isabella, and vaguely by previously given instructions... Following the main road, it seems "regular" for the largest part, maintaining some semblance of normality... Although some distinction comes up towards the left side, in a somewhat newer looking, large concrete wall beginning to surround what seems to be a large part off the city... The one main entrance next to the road seeming to have armed guards. That's not what they're there for, though, instead heading off to the right- Down at an first hidden alleyway, that soon gives sight to something that looks... Only slightly more official. An arch of scrap iron, welded together with a sign on top leading into what seems to once have been a huge parking space... And now remodeled into this so called "scrap market". A couple of the cars still remain, or at least, parts of them... Far in the distance there seems to be a large, brick building, although many of the shattered windows would reveal it to be in some manner of disuse... While slowly to it's right seemed to be a wall of compacted cars- Ladders and platforms surrounding it.

For now, though, while the group makes sure to stick close together just in case... Each of them has their individual things to look out for.

(If any of you guys want to interact with the shopkeeper to get more information/prices, give me either a charm or guile roll...)

Koa

Koa first looks for some more pokeballs... Eventually seeming to spot some guy who's selling a couple of them- It comes with a whole other bunch of random, assorted stuff, though... So "where" it all comes from seems like a dubious question, and he'd have to see what there's to be offered...

Izzy

Izzy meanwhile, wants to look for some kind of trinket, or maybe a tm... And seems to find the latter. A shifty looking gal dressed in dark robes sitting in front of a bunch of... Extremely unofficial looking discs. None of them have their official casings for a starter, but worse, the inside discs all seem to look the same. The only indication of what kind of TM they would be the number that was drawn on them, with marker... They are a good bit cheaper than it would be in the stores, though.

Irene

Irene meanwhile, isn't looking for anything too specific just yet... She does spot what seems to be... An actual weapon smith? A brusque, bearded dude, sitting on his stall with a bunch of weapons displayed... At least most of them look like they're mainly made for show, which doesn't mean all of them have an undeniably sharp edge- From sword to axe... Ochrana meanwhile, gently nudges Irene as he seems to pick up on a nearby conversation- One that might interest her...

"Yo, did you hear about the guy yet?"
"Very specific. Know exactly what you mean."
"You know! The guy! With the weird pokemon!"
"Not ringing any bell so far."
"You know! This guy claimed he like... Saw a fucking tear in the sky, and that pokemon came out of it! And then he captured it!"
"Huh. Sounds like bogus to me, honestly."
"I don't know man... I ain't never seen a pokemon like that before!"

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:39 pm

For Koa's part, he wasn't really looking to go to the Scrap Market. His goal was to get pokeballs for the potential situation of needing to recapture a god-pokemon, and he wasn't keen on the idea of entrusting that to a bunch of second-hand pokeballs bought from a back alley market.

Since Koa's already here, though, he may as well take a look. At worst he could probably find a good net here, something he could much more easily tell the quality of.

"Hey there! I'm looking for things to catch pokemon with. Is this your best stuff?" Koa asks, looking down at the unlabeled balls with some uncertainty.

2d6+2 = [5, 2] = 9
(Boosting to 11)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:02 pm

Haley looks at the door and hums a bit. She wants to see what the next prize is though... "Hey, so I can put anything in ya to get another ticket? That's what you said right? ...Alright I will come back here later and try to get that other prize."
Haley goes through the door, looking around her.
Per [5d6+5] = 22+5 = 27
Items (Rare candy, Mime Idol)
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:03 pm

So we're safe to continue now?

Med, Occult, Survival: 5, 2, 5

Along with the book and alchemy station, Alex will also check whether the plaque can be moved at all to reveal more information.

Also, since I'm guessing he won't get a full understanding with those rolls, he'll try to pick out herbs that fit what he can understand as closely as possible, looking for some sort of pattern between them, such as smell or shape.

It's probably going to be pretty tough to achieve anything by intuition, so I'll throw in an AP for +2 (Instinctive Aptitude bonus) as well. Intuition: 27
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:29 am

Izzy eyes the TMs suspiciously, suddenly realising how little she knows about that stuff. How bad would it be if one of them was damaged or corrupted? Could it hurt her Pokemon?!

Still, she was here now. Might as well see what she had.

"Hey, these look cool! But...how'd you figure out what they are, without the labels?"

Charm: 19 20
(Spending 1AP to boost it to 20)
► Show Spoiler

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:25 am

Bjorn attempts to climb further.

Bjorn Athletics check: 5D6 = [1, 1, 1, 5, 2] = 10

Assuming he fails, he dusts himself off and tries a second time.

Bjorn Athletics check: 5D6 = [3, 5, 5, 6, 4] = 23
► Show Spoiler