PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Home to all current Forum Games.
M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:03 am

Bjorn

(razor wind is a setup, meaning it's gonna take one turn to activate during which you can't shift- Do you want to spend this turn just flying up and out of range and then wait, or do something else..?)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:41 am

Haley takes a deep breath and starts to speak quickly "Okay you asked for it. Pokemon, fossils, tms, held items, robot, pokemon eggs, pokeballs, something that can stop a creature that rips space time, something badass, a way to train my boxed pokemon, a zoo, an island, a chimera, a bike, book that holds secrets of universe, a wormhole, a spaceship, invisibility cloak, excalibir, holy grail, man made pokemon, a badass grass pokemon, rare seeds, magic items, camera, laptop, a magic thingy, evolution items, necromicon, hand held fossil machine, a pocket dimention, book of everything, portal gun, fire flower, glider, drone, soemthing that lets me have all my pomemon out, pokefood that never runs out, glasses that let you see invisible or magic stuff, running shoes, jetpack, something that lets me levitate, anything and everything..

(Haley did warn them. Still feel the list is a bit short.)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:33 am

Haley

Haley starts on a long rant, for once shutting up the shadows... When she's finally done, there's a mild pause, before it speaks again.

"Very clever."

"Are you done?"

"Then watch this trick."

"As we deign your rambling unworthy of reply."

More laughter.

"But if you must know."

"TM's we have, as do held items."

"Two items for one, or one idol for one item..."

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:41 am

Haley looks at them, not amused and lists only a few items now. "Pokemon eggs, Robots, fossils, magic items, somethingthatcanhelpcatureanabominationthatcanripspacetime. Also I want to know what exact tms, held items and whatever else you have before I even want to trade."

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:45 am

Haley

"For TM's, we acquired number 37, and 98."

"We... Do not know which they are, specifically."

"For held items, we have an item that makes you slow, and something that smells nice."

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:18 am

tech edu [5d6+1] = 27+1 = 28 Think she knows what they are.

"37 is sandstorm. 98 is power up punch. Not interested in either. Not interest in the slowing item. Not sure what the one making you smell nice is. I'm not interested if it's just that.

Pokemon eggs, fossils?"

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:20 am

Haley

"Neither." the voices in the dark reply, satisfied with more reasonable questions and demands. Also remarking on the nice smell:

"We believe it does more. Though we do not know exactly what."

"We simply collect what is lost."

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:33 am

"May I see it before trade? Also do you have pokeballs, rare seeds or berries, evolution items...."

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:18 pm

Bruce picks up the pickax and tries to examine the wall to see what the ghost might have been trying to pick at.

Perception=8
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Mon Dec 24, 2018 4:29 am

M0rtimer wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:03 am Bjorn

(razor wind is a setup, meaning it's gonna take one turn to activate during which you can't shift- Do you want to spend this turn just flying up and out of range and then wait, or do something else..?)
Ah sorry, I interpreted it as you could either attack normally, OR do the longer setup with bonus crit chance and evasion. In that case yes Pyre will fly 7m up and wait. Sorry for the crappy tactics, but that sableye was harder than I thought and I need to pull out all stops!
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Dec 24, 2018 6:04 pm

Haley

"Of course." the voice replies, suave yet still creepy... It pulls out what seems to be an incense holder of some kind- And in response to your earlier question, pulls out a couple of pokeballs in another arm. Both items are shown for a couple moments, before being pulled back into the darkness.

(Common edu to identify incense holder, or the pokeballs. Pokeballs can be tech edu too.)

Bruce

Bruce picks up the pickaxe... It still seems pretty functional- The wood hasn't worn too much, given how old it must be... Looking past the pile of rubble, it LOOKS like there previously was a passage there- But the boulders now block the path. In the other direction of this split in the cave, a narrow but unblocked passage continues, that soon again seems to curve out of sight, leading yet higher up...

"...I didn't just imagine that, right..?"

Bjorn

Pyre flies up and, seeing that his plan consists out of staying safely out of range, Jack recalls the houndour for a murkrow.

Lights remaining: 4
Grunt(22/14) KO
Pyre(21/18) 19/76
Sandile(18/14) KO
Sting(16) KO
Murkrow(16)
Houndour(15) recalled
Sableye(5) heavily injured, -1 AC

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:05 pm

Haley watches as the shadows move the items, more curious about them now they got slightly into the light. She tries to bat her hand on its arm before it pulls away.

"Ghostiees.~"

Gen edu [3d6+1] = 10+1 = 11 tech edu [5d6+1] = 22+1 = 23

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:06 pm

Bjorn grumbles, having lost the advantage. "Alright then Pyre, hit it with some embers!"

Ember (AC = 9; Damage = 28)
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:00 am

Drake will tell the others about the ghost close by, but not worry too much about it. He'll follow along with the others idea.

Christmas and moving into a new place is eating up all my time so my posting will be even more lacking than usual.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:44 pm

Well, if a ghost was trying to get back here, there's probably something cool. Maybe we want to try and dig it out? Anybody have any strong pokemon?

Bruce lets Poipole out of his ball. We're trying to get this hole open. Any way you can help?

So, athletics rolls?
Bruce=7
Tops=12

So, I think if Drake has Champ with him, then this will definitely be a lot easier.
► Show Spoiler

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:35 pm

Bruce, Drake

Well, if a ghost was trying to get back here, there's probably something cool. Maybe we want to try and dig it out? Anybody have any strong pokemon?

"Erm, Atom can help..? He's pretty strong..." Jeremy offers, immediately releasing the metang who, as Poipole shows to have some trouble with the heavier rocks, he easily lifts...

That psychic metal rock is perhaps a bit smug about it.

As it gets to pulling off the heavier rocks while Tops and Champ can deal with smaller rubble... Finally a mildly perplexed Isabella finally speaking up again.

"...Am I really the only fucking person here that's gonna point out this makes no fucking sense?"

"You guys SAW the tunnel up there- It ain't some kind of backwater mine, it's a high tech excavation! They'd be using heavy machinery, or at the very least electric drills! Not a pickaxe..!"

"And if it's a ghost that wants behind there, then why not... Just... Phase through..?"

"...Maybe they had a couple pickaxes just in case they couldn't use heavy machinery..?"

"Probably would still have been easier to do what we're doing right now." Isabella states, simply pointing at Atom- By now, with some help of the other pokemon, enough space has been cleared someone could try and squeeze through, by efforts of the metal pokemon moving the rocks it could lift... And splitting the ones it can't.

Haley

"Ghostiees.~"

"Ghosts?"

"What intriguing observation..."

"If completely wrong."

Haley is certain the incense shown was either luck or lax incense, but... She's not sure which of the two it is. The pokeball was definitely a dusk ball, though.

Bjorn

The Murkrow takes some damage, before it retaliates with a wing attack for 39(31) damage, knocking out Pyre!

Lights remaining: 4
Grunt(22/14) KO
Pyre(21/18) KO
Sandile(18/14) KO
Sting(16) KO
Murkrow(16) injured
Houndour(15) recalled
Sableye(5) heavily injured, -1 AC

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:27 pm

Haley will trade spinerack idol for dusk ball, and kelcleon for the incense. After that she'll head for the exit.

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:16 pm

"...Am I really the only fucking person here that's gonna point out this makes no fucking sense?"

"You guys SAW the tunnel up there- It ain't some kind of backwater mine, it's a high tech excavation! They'd be using heavy machinery, or at the very least electric drills! Not a pickaxe..!"

"And if it's a ghost that wants behind there, then why not... Just... Phase through..?"

"...Maybe they had a couple pickaxes just in case they couldn't use heavy machinery..?"

"Probably would still have been easier to do what we're doing right now."

I mean, this mine has been abandoned for a long time. Maybe some people broke in before us and tried to mine some stuff by hand, make some side money. Then got chased out by the pokemon and dropped their pickaxes. As for why it's digging instaed of just phasing through... Bruce pauses for a moment, thinking. Well, maybe it doesn't just want to pass through. For a pokemon to go through this much effort, there must be something that it wants to get out. I say we go for it. If it's useless to us, we did a good deed by opening up the passage. If it's cool, then we can decide whether or not we take it. I'm going through. Do one of you want to try to squeeze through too, if there is room farther down? Then maybe the other two can continue widening up the path?

Bruce goes to squeeze through the gap, then calls through the gap if there is enough room for another person.
► Show Spoiler

ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:13 am

Sounds good to me, ghos will stay invisible on guard duty.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:39 pm

Haley

Haley happily trades two idols for treasure- And then heads for the exit. Going through a short hallway, lights slowly start to light up, illuminating the darkened passage, until at the end, she is met by Jack.

"Congratulations. Your items and pokemon are over there. I'll take your idols and the gym equipment as well- The flashlight, lantern, key, emergency button... Apparently you took some magnets as well..?"

"...You can keep the webbing however."

((The incense was luck incense, for noting it down in your inventory))

Bruce, Drake

I mean, this mine has been abandoned for a long time. Maybe some people broke in before us and tried to mine some stuff by hand, make some side money. Then got chased out by the pokemon and dropped their pickaxes. As for why it's digging instaed of just phasing through... Well, maybe it doesn't just want to pass through. For a pokemon to go through this much effort, there must be something that it wants to get out. I say we go for it. If it's useless to us, we did a good deed by opening up the passage. If it's cool, then we can decide whether or not we take it.

"I'm not sure how opening a passage is supposed to be a good deed, but, sure..."

"Couldn't the ghost just phase it out, then..? Or do you think it'd be too big? How are WE going to get it out if it's too big..?"

I'm going through. Do one of you want to try to squeeze through too, if there is room farther down? Then maybe the other two can continue widening up the path?

"I mean, if YOU can get through, all of us should, right..? Lead the way." Isabella states as, indeed, things are a bit more open behind the caved in part of the tunnel... Still pretty cramped, and only one person could walk at a time, and there'd be issues if people would need to pass each other, at least from what Phoenix can make out for now.

((Roll perception if you're continuing.))

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:45 pm

Haley looks at Jack and suddenly remembers something. "Oh! Spider lady wants better foodstuffs. And more foodstuffs! And to treat them better!"

Haley sends out...Buttercup! (Buttercup can evolve)

List of Haley's stuff at the end of the maze:
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:50 am

Haley

Jack raises an eyebrow.

"...Of course she does."

"Anyways, if you know the rules... Let's get started."
Jack says, starting with a sableye.

3 lights remaining
Buttercup(14)
Sableye(5)
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:56 am

"Buttercup hun why not show him some light?~"

Buttercup goes up to the sableye and unleashes a burst of light!
Buttercup Dazzling gleam [1d20+2] = 11+2 = 13 [2d8+21] = 12+21 = 33 Supereffective!
(Aw why the black rose? Also she had 4 idols, not 3)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:25 am

Haley

Buttercup strikes with a devastating shining light... And is bathed in a white light as she does!

Buttercup has evolved into a roselia!

The attack is devastating, though the sableye is still clinging on... And hits with a shadow sneak for 31(20) damage!

4 lights remaining
Buttercup(14) 36/56
Sableye(5) heavily injured
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:08 am

"Woo! Go Buttercup!" Buttercup will use Mega drain to get back her health!
Mega drain [1d20+2] = 15+2 = 17 [2d8+26] = 12+26 = 38 Half damage dealt heals Buttercup!

Kelcleon and Spinerack are ones she spent. The Mr Mine one was the one stolen. Haley is going to try to keep the black rose.

Oh and I forgot, some moves have +2 evasion due to Haley taking a picture of them. Shadow sneak was one of them.