PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Home to all current Forum Games.
SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by SuperVaderMan » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:33 am

While his Greninja is being looked over by Alex, Koa checks his pokedex to see what reputable ability retrainers there are in Murkoff and what their prices were. The one Jack recommended him did the job, but... well Koa wanted to see what all his options were before he returns to that smoky little den.

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:09 pm

"I've got no information besides tonight" Irene sighs, but there will be someone who looks like me, so that can be an early warning. I know we can't hold back. Things will be tricky, and that's if things go well.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:31 pm

Bjorn

Grunt endures at 1 HP... And then knocks out the Sableye!

Next up is a sandile.

Lights remaining: 4
Sandile(18/14) +1 SPD
Grunt(18/14) 1 HP
Sting(16) KO
Sableye(5) heavily injured, -1 AC
► Show Spoiler
Haley

Earlier, Haley tried to open the sarcophagus... But even her strongest efforts weren't able to move it an inch..! Made from massive stone, it's obvious it's not gonna be shifted easily... Assuming it isn't actually built to not even be able to be opened, and is just a massive hunk of rock made to look like a gravesite.

Now though, Haley tries to not be creeped out by the voices, putting her hands to the wall and edging closer towards the far edge of the room... Trying to see what she can through the darkness with her light, though it does seem like it may indeed be malfunctioning. As she approaches, in silence, the voices continue.

"Ah, it's coming closer..."

"Closer, yes."

"Come closer."

Through the darkness, she can make out vague shapes, of... Something moving, long and thin, moving around quite agile, some of them appearing to be getting closer as she does...
► Show Spoiler
Koa, Irene

Koa takes some time to check out for local tutors...

Can I get a tech edu roll, assuming you're trying to use your dex for this?

Drake, Bruce

"Should we go see what the other noise was about?"

Yeah, we probably should. Just in case.

"Sure. Don't see a problem with it."

Turning back around, the perceptive ones among you notice the sound appears to actually have disappeared... But as you walk in the direction of it's original origin, it suddenly starts up again, as rounding the corner, you get to see the source... Ahead of you is another relatively small passageway, that curves off away to the right. It appears as if once upon a time, there might also have been a narrow passageway to the left... But had since been caved in by a couple boulders. It was here that the strange, repetitive noise came from: as a pickaxe was heaved up, before being struck down on the rocks, slowly chipping away at them...

But with no apparent person actually wielding it.

Everyone watches in shock for a moment, as it's Isabella to first loudly let out an "What the fuck..?"- As promptly, the pickaxe drops to the ground with a clatter, and stops it's motions.

(Everyone give me a perception roll...)

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:46 pm

Tech Edu to find ability mentor: 2d6 = [5, 2] = 7

Koa does a perfectly average drop doing an internet search.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:47 pm

There are ways to making a fire with electricity. Haley will use her flashlight, the webbing and candles to make a fire. If that fails she can always go back to the alchemy room and use the resourses from there to light a fire. Either way she puts the fire in the lantren after removing the bulb from it first.

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:49 pm

Bjorn uses his Order Action to increase Grunt's Initiative to 22 with the help of Agility Training.

"That sandile won't like the cold at all, give it some ice buddy!" yells Bjorn, and Grunt obliges with a Super Effective Icy Wind.

Icy Wind (AC = 7; Damage = 30)

If that should be missing, Bjorn will use an AP to help it hit.
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:06 am

Koa

Koa searches the web for what he can and... Doesn't find much. There seems to be one more tutor in the north-west of the city, but his rates actually seem a bit more expensive than should be the norm... On the other hand, he can't find the smoky dude either- Implying that he may be less than legal, which could consecutively mean there were others like him that just weren't officially registered..? He's not good enough to find that out through his pokedex, though.

Haley

Haley considers a plan to try and use the heat from the flashlight to light some webbing, and by extension, one of the candles she kept... Though this flashlight is so shitty, it's a miracle you can even use it to get a bit of light at all. The lantern however, while electric, is actually surprisingly hot- As in, she's not going to be able to remove that bulb without burning her hand hot. Which does mean in a roundabout way, she manages to light the candle... And soon uses it to try and get a proper look in the darkness..!

"It approaches with light..."

"A rare commodity in this place."

"Shall she see through the veil..?"

"Or..."

At first glance, it does appear like the simple candle light is more effective at piercing the darkness in this hall, and for a couple moments she can see more concrete shapes beyond the veil, as it appears there's three... Things, there. But before she can get too close, one of those things moves closer... And there's a gust of wind as air is blown- And the candle is extinguished, followed by laughter of the voices in the dark.

Bjorn

Evidently, Jack had hoped he could attack before Grunt, but is mistaken- Taking heavy damage in the progress..! In return however, a rock tomb for 27(19) damage does knock him out.

Grunt(22/14) KO
Sandile(18/14) +1 SPD, heavily injured
Sting(16) KO

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:31 am

Haley is not amused her light went out. "I see. You are afraid of the light." Haley goes to light the candle again, this time more prepared for the 'wind'. She backs up slightly out of the wind. She turns off the lanturn and slowly takes off the lid and puts the lid over the candle so it's protected. She holds the candle on the casket lid and holding the lanturn lid tight to it as she gets closer to the creatures.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:15 am

Haley

"I see. You are afraid of the light."

"Afraid?"

"How quaint."

"There stands a mountain between fear."

"And the desire that makes us have this dance."

"And that is to see your squirm."

More laughter, as Haley hangs back and figures out a way to try and circumvent the voices in the dark... And upon closer inspection, finds that using the lantern for it is probably not going to work. It was obviously designed to keep busybodies away from tampering with any of the inner workings- Any access to the device's insides secured through the use of screws and bolts. She DOES find a hidden latch on it... But all it seems to reveal is an on/off button for the lamp.

"Why continue playing games, girl?"

"Why simply not ask what it is that you desire."

"There is no harm in questions..."

"Though you might not like the answer."

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:26 am

Hrm. Well if the smoky guy isn't above the board, at least Jack trusts him. That's enough for Koa.

He texts Jack about the guy, asking what his rates are for re-training abilities. Koa kinda forgot to ask for the guy's number, and he can't find it online anywhere.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:57 am

Haley rolls her eyes at the shadows."Uh huh, sure. I am totally going to fall for that when you just said it will come at a price." Haley doesnt get closer and insteads she takes the contents out of the flashlight and pockets it as she puts the candle in the shell of the flashlight, making sure it has enogu room. She carefully puts in some webbing from her rope into the shell, putting it halfway in so the candle could not move as much and it won't light up. She puts some earth on the webbing just to be safe. she lights it again and screws on the lid, making sure there is enough room for air to get through. She jolds ot low on her, putting the lanturn down as she uses the dvd to help reflect light onto the shadows.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:28 pm

Haley

"Uh huh, sure. I am totally going to fall for that when you just said it will come at a price."

"We said there was a cost to treasure."

"And answers."

"Not to the question itself."

"Ask."

"And we will state the price for what you seek."

Haley tries messing with the flashlight instead, but... Well, the flashlight is similarly secured against tampering, probably mostly so people couldn't accidentally break it and lose batteries for it on the ground. She could remove the bulb, but the space is kind of cramped, perhaps too much to make her plan work.

(Give a survival roll)

"Keep trying to bring light into the darkness."

"And it's shadows will disappear."

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:42 pm

Haley sighs and looks at them. "Fine. What do you have?" She pauses on making the light work, grinning slightly.

Surv [5d6+1] = 17+1 = 18

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:07 pm

"Ah... Well, we can put him in the machine- I'm afraid that's pretty much the best we can do... I think it's gonna take several days to get rid off all these wounds, but he should be alright, eventually."

"Yeah, I kinda figured. Better than leaving him out in the wild though."

As she waits for her 'mons to heal, Izzy struggles to decide how to order her team....eventually opting to leave her new bug friend in the Storage System. He really needed the rest. And if things were going to be as bad as Irene thought, he wouldn't be much help anyway.

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:10 pm

Bjorn recalls the KO'd Grunt with a little whisper of "thanks buddy" before sending out Pyre, 4m up into the air. (Pyre has Initiative 22/18 thanks to daily Agility Training.)

If Jack chooses not to switch the sandile, Pyre opens with a Razor Wind.

Razor Wind (AC = 4; Damage = 35)

Bjorn will use an Action Point to help the attack hit.
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:56 pm

Koa

It takes a while for Jack to answer. He's... Probably somewhat preoccupied, and giving tutoring information likely not on his most pressing points to perform. Eventually though, a reply arrives.

Code: Select all

You'll have to ask him, I never employed him under straight cash. Here's his number- Don't outright ask for tutoring services, just mention you're the kid from before and that you're curious how much it'd cost to buy those old books of his.
Haley

"Fine. What do you have?"

"Many things."

"So much gets lost in the darkness..."

"Only to be swooped up."

"Does this look familiar..?" it says, as a shadowy appendage briefly seems to show itself outside the darkness... Holding the abra idol she had lost! Before she can react though, it quickly withdraws back.

"You can have it back..."

"If you're willing to pay the price."

"But there's more than that."

"Answers and prizes..."

"Is there something specific you seek..?"

Haley works with the flashlight and... Gets it working! It's still pretty damn crappy with how much cramped space she has, and there won't be enough air to probably keep it going for long... But for all intents and purposes, she got what she want: a candle light source protected by wind.

She's sure she's not going to come to regret this in any way.

Bjorn

The razor wind hits, with help of Bjorn- And almost knocks out the Sandile... If it weren't for Jack commanding him to bite through! The badly injured sandile then fires a rock tomb, for 30(66) damage..!

Grunt(22/14) KO
Pyre(21/18) 19/76
Sandile(18/14) +1 SPD, badly injured
Sting(16) KO

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:21 pm

"....I already told you what I want to know. What stuff do you have and the prices. How am I supposed to buy things if I don't know what all you have."

(I said she paused on lighting the thing when they suggested she shouldn't...at least for now. SHe can light it if needed in the future. )

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:43 am

Super busy lately so could you roll perception for Ghos and Drake?
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:30 am

Uh, okay then. Koa proceeds to text.

Hey there, I'm the kid from before. I was just wondering, how much would it cost to buy those old books of yours?
It doesn't make any sense to Koa, but he supposes there must be a good a reason this has to so roundabout.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:21 pm

Haley

"....I already told you what I want to know. What stuff do you have and the prices. How am I supposed to buy things if I don't know what all you have."

"And we say there are many things, lost in the maze."

"And questions depend on the question asked."

"Some secrets are worth more than others."

"But for most questions... One item means three answers."

"If it is this idol you wish back..."

"We shall take two items for it."

"Of your choice... As long as it's no mere junk."

"If there's something else you're seeking..."

"Ask for it, and we may provide."

Koa

Koa sends the rather odd text... And gets his reply soon enough:

Hey. Think I could part for those books for 2500 if I must. Not going to be available for pickup today though, but I can get them dusted off for tomorrow if you want them.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:26 pm

Haley gives a sigh, looking down and kicking the floor. "That tells me nothing. All I know is stuff but you won't say what stuff and I don't know what to ask for. I don't know whats been lost in the maze and you refuse to even tell me.... I don't see the point of this if you plan on just talking in cirlcles just for a simple request. I don't want your stupid answers to your dumb questions. And no I am not going to let you scam me out of an item to know what exacly is in your stock. You wouldn't like me asking what you have or know anyways...."

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:55 pm

Darn. That's more money than Koa was willing to part with right now, and he would have to wait until tomorrow anyway.

He's not quite done preparing yet, though. He'll see to using some of the TMs he got from Jack's gym, teaching Thief to Makeno and Dark Pulse to his new Greninja.

He supposes he should get on naming the frog pretty soon, too.

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:35 am

Bjorn uses an Agility Training order to help boost Pyre's initiative and strike first, before Pyre swoops over and sprays the sandile with embers.

Ember (AC = 7; Damage = 32)
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:58 pm

Haley

"That tells me nothing. All I know is stuff but you won't say what stuff and I don't know what to ask for. I don't know whats been lost in the maze and you refuse to even tell me.... I don't see the point of this if you plan on just talking in cirlcles just for a simple request. I don't want your stupid answers to your dumb questions. And no I am not going to let you scam me out of an item to know what exacly is in your stock. You wouldn't like me asking what you have or know anyways...."

"There are no circles."

"Simply questions of clarification."

"Do you truly desire simple treasure..?"

"Ask what you seek, be it generic, and we may provide."

"Otherwise it's a shame."

"Return when you know what it is you seek."

Koa

Koa uses the center's TM machine, which makes for quickly tutoring his pokemon the new TM's...

Bjorn

Pyre hits the sandile with embers, and knocks it out!

Next up is a houndour.

Grunt(22/14) KO
Pyre(21/18) 19/76
Sandile(18/14) KO
Sting(16) KO
Houndour(15)

Drake, Bruce

The group watches while trying to progress what happened... Only the most perceptive of them noticing the vague outlines of blurred space- Indicating the presence of a ghost pokemon. However... The presence is right around the corner of the wall, peeking- Which is still a good two feet away from the actual pickaxe that just got dropped, and had run off as soon as the trainers had come in sight. In fact, if it weren't for Ghos pointing it out, even Drake would have missed it- Which does mean he has no idea what ghost it might have been, exactly... Except it probably doesn't explain the pickaxe, which holds no psychic residue.

http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=225746

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Sun Dec 23, 2018 4:51 am

"Get some height, Pyre!" Pyre flies 8m up and opens with a Razor Wind.

Razor Wind (AC = 18; Damage = 32)
► Show Spoiler