PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Home to all current Forum Games.
M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:24 am

Haley

Haley too arrives at the water; and besides a couple appearances that the others had already seen, also spots what seems to be the recent arrival from some slowpoke. Very recent... As in, still slowly moving from some foliage to the actual side of the water.

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:27 am

Izzy is happy to move on, once Tucker has finished saying his goodbyes. She leaves him and Zeke out for now, but when they start travelling again she'll swap Snaps for Kay, remounting the dragon-bat for the journey to come.

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:19 pm

Haley snaps a picture of the lake, taking a few minuites to put it in her landscape archive (what is the lake’s official name?). She then lets out Cushion and puts on her darkvision googles, making sure they are water tight. She then takes off her jacket, non water proofed items shoes and socks.

”Last one in is a slowpoke!”

Cushion tries to object “Haley don’t...”

Haley ignores Cushion and goes into the water. She takes a deep breath and looks to see what is in the waters while Cushion seems to facepalm and forced to play lifeguard.
(I am assuming no glitches or variants?)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:56 pm

Everyone

While Haley takes a quick dip in the lake, and pisses off the fishermen by chasing away the fish, it does seem like everyone else is slowly wrapping up... No other Pokemon reveal themselves in the lake, as far as Haley can see.

(Assuming everyone is ready, I'll take anyone's choice of either perception/survival)

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:16 pm

Plus 2 for glitch (per): 6D6+5 = [2, 6, 1, 5, 5, 6]+5 = 30

(Haley will grab her stuff and put it on)

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:36 pm

Koa eventually emerges from the bushes with his small amount of foraged goods as the others are finishing up. When everyone looks like they're ready to go, Koa will lead on once again!

Survival moving on from the lake: 6D6+2 = [3, 6, 1, 3, 4, 1]+2 = 20

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:16 am

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:31 am

Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:24 am

Survival: 2D6 = [1, 1] = 2

Alex's survival skills: Do your best to stay with the group.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:15 pm

Everyone

The journey again continues, the group returning off their shortcut back onto the main road, where relatively quick progress is made. En route, some like Koa use their survival instinct to scope out potential locations of interest around them, making sure to avoid potential threats, and identify other potentially interesting avenues. While others rely on more direct perception. Izzy listening with a most delicate ear, while Haley looks about with the eyes of a Braviary.

With all that combined, some potentially interesting things are seen, firstly, of course, being some pokemon closer to the path. There seem to be some Leavanny in a small valley not too far off, evidently thinking they are out of sight of the road, or perhaps not aware it's there. A single Emolga is briefly seen flying between two trees, scurrying up into the canopy.

Koa also spots two different tracks, one having come close to the road then turned back, another having crossed it. The first one is a set of thin, but dull steps, as if the Pokemon in question is walking on stilts, while the second one is much bigger. Large, round steps that leave deep imprints, with three claw marks near the front. Joined by similar, but smaller ones.

(Poke edu to try and identify tracks)

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:30 pm

Poke edu: 5D6+1 = [4, 3, 1, 3, 2]+1 = 14

Stilts I think maybe a stufful? Or stilts = high heals and is a tsanreena

My guess is Snorlax/munchlax for the rounded with 3 claws

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:10 pm

Bruce is more confident about what the tracks are than Hayley is, but not much more confident.

Poke Edu=16

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:46 pm

Izzy, Bruce

Izzy and Bruce both investigate the tracks, and seem to come about the same conclusion; the second set is easy, with the scale and clear footprints. The claws that seem more made for digging than fighting... It must be some ivysaur, together with one venusaur. The second set is more tricky, however, and neither of them is exactly convinced. It's obvious that the steps are too light for the pokemon to rely on physical strength, however, meaning the light pointy footsteps are likely from a type that employs special offenses rather than physical. A psychic type, maybe a fairy or grass..?

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:03 pm

Haley is not Izzy! Anyways Haley seems excited for a vensuaur, even though she already has a grass/posion type and potentially the other as well.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:23 pm

Alex, as always, doesn't really have much interest in the new pokemon.

((I swear, I'm the worst pokemon master. I've got a good few, that'll do for me, don't care about getting more. Which is particularly bad in a game like this where dexp is a thing. XD))
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:04 pm

Bruce mentions his guesses about each pokemon track to the others, in case they are interested. Bruce is also at least somewhat interested in the Venusaur as well. He'll go to at least check them out.

ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:49 pm

Everyone

The group seems at least interested enough to risk making a detour for the plant pokemon. The tracks seem fresh enough, after all. The only question being if they can follow them for long enough.

(Survival checks, please)

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:20 pm

Survival: 2D6 = [5, 2] = 7

(Not that I really even need to bother with this, considering skill differences.)
My game:

My characters:

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:30 pm

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:03 pm

Haley, Alex

The group begins trailing the tracks, most of them seeming to have faded at least somewhat by now... But they're fresh enough to trial, especially to someone as good as Haley. So in little time, they follow the tracks, until eventually, distant sounds make it obvious that they've caught up. From a safe distance, they can catch glimpses of the group ahead in the woods: seems they are busy grazing on some denser bushes, the large Venusaur that makes it hard to hide outright uprooting a couple of them to slowly much on. The party has not been noticed yet.

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Sun Mar 21, 2021 3:52 am

Not quote ready to use it, Haley pulls out a honey. She creeps closer to the venusaur family.

Stealth: 1D6 = [4] = 4

She’s loud enough that Alex maybe able to hear her coming. When she eventually gets caught she stands up.

”I’m not here to harm you, I want to be friends.”

Charm: 2D6+2 = [4, 3]+2 = 9

(Any that seem off/glitched?)

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:21 pm

Bruce stays back where he can get a good view and repeats his role from the earlier encounter, seeing what he can figure out about the pokemon in front of them.

Here are a few Pokemon Education rolls. Can roll more if needed

ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:10 pm

Alex stands back for now, to wait and see how things go.
My game:

My characters:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:29 pm

Haley, Alex, Bruce

Haley begins a stealthy approach. Or at least, an attempt at a stealthy approach, as others hang back. Bruce takes this time to investigate the big one from afar, the Venusaur. Finding it to be a lvl 35 hardy venusaur with chlorophyl and confidence. As, before long, Haley inevitably gets caught as she steps on a branch that breaks underfoot. And the grass types turn quickly to the supposed threat. Haley does speak up, trying to keep things calm, but...

As she starts to call out, the Vensaur let's out a menacing growl. That's what it sounds to for the other trainers, and also for Haley. Seems it really is letting out more of a groan rather than trying to say anything, as the smaller ivysaur rally around it!

(Everyone, let me know what Pokemon you have out!)

(No glitches.)

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:20 pm

Sighing, Alex steps forward, Roy in tow, "Hold on now, you and your grumbling. I'm guessing you're sick and tired of dealing with trainers who just want to catch strong pokemon, but we don't don't have to go and start a fight here."

Charm: 6D6+2 = [2, 1, 6, 2, 1, 5]+2 = 19
My game:

My characters: