PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Home to all current Forum Games.
M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:57 am

Everyone

The party proceeds towards the tower- Some smalltalk made en route.

"It's up to you. I can ask Jack if there's something you could help him do, maybe? If not, you can stay with us on the ground team!"

"Yes, but you're a great healer, which is just as important. And... I don't want you to go,"

"...Yes, I suppose you're right. Very well- I'll stick around, as I can." she nods, persuaded once more. As they progress, most are too distracted to make out anything in particular, only Izzy, Bjorn and Haley noticing what seem to be two kingsmen grunts hiding in an alley that leads to the tower, apparently keeping watch. Speaking of which... Did the tower always look... Like that..?

The tower stands tall, imposing, and very out of place in all the surrounding buildings... A large, circular open field surrounds it completely, hewn from a stone that seems just as out of place, "old", though surrounded by patches of grass and other flowers that look more regular... Though all the trees stand tall and proud. The tower itself seems as if made out of solid, though smooth stone. A thin, but still big enough to harbor several rooms pillar stands in the midst, in a vaguely spiral pattern reaching upward... Until it comes to the top, where it suddenly widens into a large, "dish" like shape that hangs over the plain below. Only at it's very edge does the "normal" road seem to resume, and there the buildings are only large apartment complexes, not high-rises...

Still, even though only a couple of the trainers noticed them, that didn't seem to matter much... They noticed the trainers, and called out.

"Yo! Psst! Over here. Aren't y'all Jack's friends?"

As that goes on, an even more perceptive Haley notices one more thing- Something that slips by even all the others. She only gets a brief glimpse, having to stare through a tiny crack between several alleyways that align to even spot it. But there she notices movement- Several men making quick haste to the East of them, moving Northwards. A fair number it seems, though they're gone as swiftly as they could be noticed...

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:09 pm

Huh. That doesn't look like a hotel. But before that line of thought could go any further, someone whispers to the group from the shadows.

Koa wheels around, hand instinctively lowering towards the sword on his hip.

"...Yeah? Why, who are you?" Koa asks suspiciously, having never seen a Kingsman before. They don't look like the Red Hand guys he'd seen before, but that doesn't mean much, especially this close to the hotel.

Intuition on sneaky Kingsmen: 5d6+4 = [6, 4, 2, 2, 2] = 20

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:34 pm

As she stares up at the tower, Izzy begins to reconsider her flight plan. She'd been picturing a skyscraper, not...this. Where would they land? Did it even have windows?!

...actually, didn't the whole thing look kinda familiar? Reaching into her bag, she pulls out the Temple book, skipping to chapter 13 - Cerebrum Tower. Holding it up, she compares the rough picture to what she's now seeing.

...oh. Oh wow.

Reaching back into her bag, she pulls out her sketchbook this time. And flicking through to the right page, makes a single, underlined annotation.
Electric - Thunder plains
Flying - Windswept Isle
Steel - Ironblight Island
Poison - Deadly deadly swamp
Ice - North somewhere?
Normal - ???
Fire - Hamachi?
Rock - Mountains? Hamchi too?
Ground - Middle of the desert, probably D:
Ghost - Hantu
Fighting - ???
Psychic - ??? "Springstone hotel", at the center of Murkoff
Bug - A big forest?
Grass - A (different) big forest?
Water - In the sea? Or an (underwater?) island somewhere really remote
Dark - Underground somewhere? Not near Murkoff
Dragon - Top of a mountain, I guess? Somewhere with lots of dragons
Fairy - Known
Before she has a chance to tell the others her "discovery", they're approached by the Kingsmen.

"Oh, I remember you guys! You work for that guy with the hat, right? Err...Mephisto! Oh, sorry, "The King". Did he send you to watch this place?"
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:00 pm

"There are a large group of men east of us that are heading northwards. Possibly dangerous. Should we call out to them?"

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:24 pm

Koa's tension eases a bit when Izzy seems to recognize who these guys are, only for the tension to return a second later when Haley mentions a 'large group of men'.

Koa glances Eastward, not seeing anything. "You sure? No, this close to the hotel, it could be Red Hand. I should warn Jack," Koa says, pulling out his pokedex. He stops, not sending a message just yet, and gives a cautious look to the Kingsmen. "Unless you guys know something about that? You've been here watching, yeah? You know anything about a big group of guys?"

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:42 pm

"Positive. Looks like they were trying to rish off without being seen. I was only able to get a glance between a crack between buildings. I don't think they are up to any good."

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:04 am

Irene, actually stays silent here. She can rush out when needed, but street smarts isn't really her forte, especially when trusting the wrong person can be catastrophic.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:41 am

Everyone

Slow realization washes over the trainers... Together with a vaguely tugging feeling in the back of their head. Even just briefly looking away for a second seems to be enough to forget what was seen- It takes Izzy an embarrassingly long time to actually write down what she planned to, finding herself staring at paper with pen in hand with no idea why she pulled it out in the first place... Until she looks up again, and eventually manages to retain enough focus to actually write down what she had planned. This of course, while also dealing with the Kingsmen.

"...Yeah? Why, who are you?"

"We're Kingsmen, brother!"

"Jack warned us Red hand are up to no good again, yeah?"

"Oh, I remember you guys! You work for that guy with the hat, right? Err...Mephisto! Oh, sorry, "The King". Did he send you to watch this place?"

"Yo, don't say that!" one of them almost hisses, and they seem to panic for just a brief moment as they look around them into a frenzy. Finally they seem satisfied, and with a sigh turn back to the party.

"I swear, he KNOWS when you say that name of his."

"Half of the time, he shows up, all the time."

"Anyways, you don't got to worry yeah?" one of them says, apparently noticing Koa's rather cautious nature.

"No one likes those Red Hand crooks. We're keeping an eye out."

"It's useless though. Like always- You don't see anyone go in, or go out. Don't know how they do it."

"...You're not thinking of going in are ya? You gotta watch out- They got snipers in there!"

It's at this point that Haley points out what she saw... And the two Kingsmen seem just as shocked.

"Yo, there's people over there?!"

"Ain't any of us!"

Before the trainers can properly begin to consider what to do with all this information however, ANOTHER thing pops up, in the sound of a short burst of sound, loud, coming from the North. The distinct sound of an explosion... Powerful, but muted by distance. Not even ten seconds later some of the trainers- Those previously registered as "League" trainers- start to loudly beep, all carrying the same alert message, sent by "IRIS".

Code: Select all

POSSIBLE TERRORIST ATTACK SUSPECTED ON MURKOFF NORTHERN POWER DISTRIBUTION HUB

ALL AVAILABLE PERSONAL TO ASSIST
► Show Spoiler

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:30 am

"It's useless though. Like always- You don't see anyone go in, or go out. Don't know how they do it."

Koa furrows his brow. Then how did that big group of guys Haley mentioned get past these two guys? ...Oh, right, the staff!
"It's 'cause they teleport out," Koa realizes aloud. "They got a cult working for 'em. Those Sons of Aether guys are... acting as jump points for the Red Hand. They could be anywhere in the city!"

Then they mention something about snipers, and while Koa's contemplating that, the distant explosion and alert go off.

"...It's starting." Crap, they were too late to stop it before it started. Or were they? He turns back to his fellow trainers. "Right, we're gonna stick to two teams. One team'll head off that group of guys before they cause trouble, maybe figure out what they're up to. The other team... where's the power plant, north side of town? Could be a diversion, yeah? So... second team could help at the plant, or we stick to the plan and have second team go for the hotel."

"My Greninja still knows Smokescreen - it could help us get past those snipers. But I can go anywhere if you guys got a better idea? C'mon, clock's ticking!"

"And if your boss is gonna help, you better hurry and tell him what's going on!" Koa says to the two Kingsmen guys.

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:29 pm

"I can get to the power plant faster then anyone. Want me to check it out from the air? I might be able to track where people are going, if it is a distraction....or at least tell whether there's any point in us going there?"

"And if we're splitting up, we should probably use that Bug spell now."

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:05 pm

Koa shifts uncomfortably. "Good idea, but what'll your team be doing while you're scouting?"

"Or I guess we could stay as one team for now and jump that group of guys," Koa suggests to everyone, "while Izzy scopes out the big picture?"

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:07 pm

"Wait. Are we sure this isn't a distraction? Maybe they are planning on having a much larger explosion while everybody is distracted with this, or multiple.

The group that headed there shouldn't be where the bombs went off yet. I think maybe we can cut them off and possibly prevent more harm. If we capture one maybe we can ask where other bombs are. If you have any ghost mons, have them cover for us. I can probably point out the snipers."
Last edited by Arch Lich Burns on Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:34 pm

"An airborne target is an easy target. Don't get shot down while you're scouting."

"We don't know whether it's a distraction. That's why there would be scouting done. But even if it is, we'd better have someone go to that power plant. It's our job, after all, and if none of us show up it will raise questions."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:57 pm

"We can figure out what to do about the power plant once Izzy checks it out. Jack might not even need help with it!"

"Until then, let's use that new spell we got, yeah? Then we go grab those guys before they get too far!"

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:00 am

"You guys go check out the big group first. I'll let you know what's going on at the plant, then some of you can come help out if there are any problems. Maybe someone with a water type, in case there's lots of fire?"

"An airborne target is an easy target. Don't get shot down while you're scouting."

"Don't worry, we'll be careful!"

Once Drake has cast the Bug spell on everyone, Izzy jogs away from the Hotel until she's got a building between her and it. Releasing Kay, she hops on the dragon's back and they take off - keeping low and weaving between buildings to start with, then shooting straight up into the skies once they're a good distance away. Kay's dark scales blend in with the twilight sky, hopefully not attracting too much attention with her speed...

Kay Acrobatics: 28
Kay Stealth: 14

Assuming no problems arise, they then soar over towards the power plant. Izzy first tries to get eyes on where the source of the explosions was, then scans around it, looking for suspicious people in the area or moving away from it.

Izzy Per: 24

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:57 am

"I'll come with you, I might not be able to help you in the air, but I can offer some preemptive defense... gunshots can't be underestimated..." Irene says looking at her hands "I don't want to see you in the same state as the guard Izzy."

At the tower Irene stays on the ground, but she protects Izzy best she can before she heads up. Along with that Shock follows along being a stealthy little flying squirrel

Irene casts reflect on the party
Izzy gets moment of action +1 ap for a round
From that Izzy get's excited a +5 damage reduction
Shock stealth check [4d6+4] = 14+4 = 18

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:35 pm

Everyone

"It's 'cause they teleport out. They got a cult working for 'em. Those Sons of Aether guys are... acting as jump points for the Red Hand. They could be anywhere in the city!"

"Oh yeah, that psychic girl! That makes sense..."

There is not much time to continue talk however, as the storm is starting, and plans are quickly forged. Most of them would be going after the people that were spotted- While Izzy, with some aid perhaps, would be taking to the sky and investigating what exactly was going on with this "power distribution hub"... The map provided by the IRIS alert gives a clear indicator of where it's supposed to be, so no trouble there. Some buffs are cast, and perhaps Bjorn joins Izzy- Speaking of buffs, the two punks are a bit confused about this whole "bug spell"... But don't question it too much.

"Man... That is ALMOST as cool as the King's hat."

With the bug spell, a vaguely strange sense fills the trainers... A strange sense that is completely foreign, yet at the same time feels as if it's something that has come natural to them all their life- Maintaining a vague "link" with all the others... Even as Izzy takes to the sky. Izzy is en-route to the site of the first explosion, while Koa, Haley, and others end up at the spot where Haley swears she saw the men, though they had moved on by now.

...Oh, what's that? "First" explosion? Right.

As both groups of trainers are at these locations, another rumble sounds in the distance. IRIS sends out another alert, even faster this time:

Code: Select all

TERRORIST ATTACK SUSPECTED AT MURKOFF WESTERN POWER DISTRIBUTION HUB.

ALL AVAILABLE PERSONNEL'S AID REQUESTED.

WARNING: FAILURE OF BOTH NORTHERN AND WESTERN POWER DISTRIBUTION HUB WILL CAUSE A COMPLETE BLACKOUT IN THE MURKOFF CITY DISTRICT.
(( I already have a PER roll for Izzy I suppose. Could I have survival checks from the other party if they want to try and figure out where the people that were there before went? ))

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:41 pm

"So that's what they'd be after. Okay, I'm pretty good with electronic stuff, I can help repair it, and Jackie might be able to make some electricity to help. We need to make sure that it does not shut down. I saw the men heading north, they might be doing something."

surv [6d6+2] = 20+2 = 22 Per [6d6+5] = 11+5 = 16

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:50 pm

"What're they trying to take out the power for?" Koa wonders aloud as he hurries along. As both the fastest trainer and one of the best trackers, he leads the group as quickly as he can!

Survival to track Red Hand group: 6d6+2 = [6, 6, 5, 5, 4, 2] = 30

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:07 pm

"To black out the whole city. It will cause a lot of choas."

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:42 pm

"Maybe, but to what end? Do they just want it out to distract us, or do they need the power to be out? That's what I'm worried about...."

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:53 am

"I can't see one person with a little bit of technical knowledge fixing an entire explosion that can be heard across the city. And if they're going to destroy those stations, it would be hard for us to get there in time to stop them. Is it worth it to have all of us rush off after them?"
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:48 am

Izzy checks her map against the landmarks she can see as they soar over Murkoff, trying to get her bearings. And while she's at it, maybe now's a good time to test out that spell they just used? Focusing hard, she tries to relay her thoughts to the the others, using the same technique she does when talking to Nate telepathically.

~Should I check north or west?~
► Show Spoiler

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:26 am

It's a question of what a lack of power will disrupt. Hospitals have back up generators so they should be fine, but it's not darkness that would just be playing into Jack's strength. Is there something Important here that relies on the grid? Even though Irene says this, she still can't help but turn towards the hospital with the strange nurse lady.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:32 am

"You got your police stations, many sensitive computuring systems, security systems..."

Haley starts listing off important things that are shut down during complete power outage.
Tech [6d6+1] = 27+1 = 28
Last edited by Arch Lich Burns on Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.