PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Home to all current Forum Games.
M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:48 pm

Koa

The Spiritomb charges up, lashing out... But finds it's attack to strike false! In response it becomes more agile, trying to dodge the incoming attack... But it ends up not mattering, as Lonaki strikes true- And with one use of the reflect being expended, it soon becomes clear why this "Spiritomb" was so fast... The illusion fading as a zoroark is revealed!

2 light turns remaining
4 uses left.
Enemy: reflect 1
Malamar(25/10) very lightly injured recalled
Houndoom(25/20) KO
Zoroark(25/20) heavily injured
Lonaki(25/18) +2 SPD
Kikolo(21) recalled
Grimer(20/15) recalled
Crawdaunt(10/6) KO
Rawku(4/5) KO
► Show Spoiler

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:00 pm

Of course, Koa never realized there was anything strange about a speedy Spiritomb, having never faced one in a fight. He was only just now getting the pokedex information on it, though the sudden appearance of a Zoroark is probably confusing the device at this moment.

Now Koa's left wondering whether Jack ever sends Fatale in during these gym battles. Would that be weird?

In any case, Koa orders Lonaki to go for another Fury Cutter!

Fury Cutter on Zoroark again: 1d20-2 = [2] = 0
3d8+10+20+10+5 = [7, 6, 6] = 64

He misses. Badly.
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:10 pm

"Can I go and revive them now? I can bring them here once I am done."

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:21 am

Koa

The Zoroark huffs, and tries again... It's attack this time a bit more effective- Connecting for 73(54) damage, as it just barely manages to knock out the ant..!

1 light turns remaining
4 uses left.
Houndoom(25/20) KO
Lonaki(25/18) KO
Kikolo(21) recalled
Grimer(20/15) recalled
Crawdaunt(10/6) KO
Rawku(4/5) KO

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:23 am

~Past Izzy, in the PokeCenter~

"Yeah, I should probably get some rest too. Might wait for Koa to get out of the gym first though, make sure he gets to the Center alright...."

"Oh! Speaking of tomorrow, I was thinking of checking out this Junkrat marketplace. See if I can spend my gym winnings, y'know? Fancy coming along?"

"Yes. That sounds. Great."

Intuition: 7

"Great! We can figure timings and stuff out in the morning, yeah? Drake might be coming too, before he leaves."

Completely oblivious to Isabella's sudden mood change, Izzy hums happily to herself. Having the Murkoff native along as a bodyguard/guide would definitely help her feel at ease!

"Anyway, what were you two thinking of doing tomorrow? The Gym challenge?"

~Future Izzy, replying to Alex~

Code: Select all

Hey, you made it to Murkoff? Great! I think everyone's a bit busy at the moment, but we could meet up later? We've got a room at Boulevard Motel on the main street - they'll probably have another one free for you guys, if you want to go check it out.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:31 am

"I'm not worried about your capability, Luna, but it doesn't hurt to be cautious. I wouldn't want to bear that burden alone, and I've got a full team of strong pokemon to back me up."

"And skip a meal? We probably won't be too long, so you can meet us at the pokecentre, then. We'll need some time to heal our pokemon there." Alex takes his own seat, checking the menu for a light - and cheap - meal to order.
Whether Haley decides to stick around for a meal or not, once they're done eating Alex heads for the pokecentre.

"Hrm, and it looks like once we're done with the healing we've got a hotel to book into before heading for the gym. Well, that should only take a moment."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:02 am

With the pokedex results coming in now, something catches Koa's eye on the species' move list. He rubs his chin thoughtfully, but decides to take the chance.

"Give it one last shot, Lonaki, another Fury Cutter!"

Fury Cutter on Zoroark 3: 1d20-2 = [13] = 11
2d6+8+20+10+10 = [6, 2] = 56

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:38 am

Would it be too cliche to be interested in eevee? Irene asks Jack

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:07 pm

Haley, Alex, Bjorn

Haley asks if she could go deal with the fossils now, and by the sounds of it... Might as well? No harm, if someone else sticks with Luna to start with, at least... While Alex relays the information he received, and gets a nod from Luna in response to his statement. There seem to be plenty of egg based dishes- He grabs one of those, presumably.
► Show Spoiler
Izzy

Both Drake and Jeremy give glances between Izzy and Isabella as it seems rather... Obvious something IS wrong, and Izzy doesn't notice, somehow. They keep their mouths shut for respective reasons, however.

"Great! We can figure timings and stuff out in the morning, yeah? Drake might be coming too, before he leaves."

"Err... Yeah, I guess I will. Got to stock up before I leave."

"Yeah. Sounds. Amazing."

"Anyway, what were you two thinking of doing tomorrow? The Gym challenge?"

"...Yeah, me and Jeremy both need to do that, still. I'll probably do it... After I joined you at the market. Might want to make a visit by the Kingsmen, too."

Koa

The Zoroark strikes with a feint attack, for 58(39) damage- This time knocking out the ant for real before it gets to attack..!

4 uses left.
Houndoom(25/20) KO
Lonaki(25/18) KO
Kikolo(21) recalled
Grimer(20/15) recalled
Crawdaunt(10/6) KO
Rawku(4/5) KO

Irene

Would it be too cliche to be interested in eevee?

"Not at all. So that's your choice?"

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:26 pm

It was worth a try. Kikolo comes back out, unfortunately without his initiative boost.

If Jack decides to keep the Zoroark in, the Heracross will dash in with another Brick Break, punching past that Reflect again!

Brick Break on Zoroark (if not switched): 1d20 = 13
3d8+10+23 = [7, 3, 2] = 45

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:27 pm

Role playing fossil reanimation sounds fun. :3

Halwy goes to the university address with the fossils in her bag. She keeps watch for shady caracters, sending out Cushion and holding her as she walks. She goes up to the univerity and goes up to the front desk. "Hiya! My name is Haley and I am ah...wondering if you have a fossil reanimation machine?"

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:29 pm

Alex at the least needs to go to the pokecentre first, as I said. No sense attempting a gym with beat-up pokemon. After that it'll be the gym.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:45 am

"Yeah, Eevee's flexibility will help me round out my team best. I think it's the best choice I can make."

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:38 am

"...Yeah, me and Jeremy both need to do that, still. I'll probably do it... After I joined you at the market. Might want to make a visit by the Kingsmen, too."

"Oh, what for? You know, me and Drake both met their king guy earlier - Mephisto? Drake's even an honorary member now, aren't you."

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:39 pm

Koa

The zoroark moves to do some furious swipes- But ends up whiffing most of it's attack, striking only once for a still decent 48(40) damage... Before it gets knocked out by the brick break! Even WITH Jack trying to block the attack with pain resistance.

The Malamar is sent back out in response.

4 uses left.
Malamar(25/10) very lightly injured
Houndoom(25/20) KO
Zoroark(25/20) KO
Lonaki(25/18) KO
Kikolo(21) 58/98
Grimer(20/15) recalled
Crawdaunt(10/6) KO
Rawku(4/5) KO

Haley

Haley releases Cushion as she walks to the university, keeping him in her arms... And after pulling out all the needles once arriving at the place, she finds that... Perhaps things might not be as easy as she thought to be? For starters, while she's... Pretty sure this is the place, she isn't exactly met with a nice, inviting lobby or anything of the likes... But rather with a large, solid iron door. Big enough that twenty people could easily pass at the same time, assuming it was open... Which right now, it wasn't. There was a bell, however- Ringing of which quickly earns a muffled reply from the other side... A little grill sliding open to see what was happening.

"Hiya! My name is Haley and I am ah...wondering if you have a fossil reanimation machine?"

"Fossil reanimation..? You're out of town, right..?" the voice, speaking with a drawl from the other side questions... Pausing for a moment before there's the sound of a lock, and the heavy grinding of a door as it's being slowly pulled back. A rather pale guy looking to be some kind of janitor ushering you inside.

"I think the dean might be able to help you... He's in the central garden right now. That way." he points, lazily, while locking the door behind Haley once more.

Alex

After healing his pokemon, Alex sets out to the gym... The famed gym leader showing up from the back after an assistant in the front calls for him. He gives a stern nod, before beginning his explanation.

"Alright... Before you can start the actual battle, you'll have to do the gym challenge. I'll take your bag and pokemon for safekeeping, and you'll be given a torch and an emergency button in it's stead. Your goal is to navigate to the end of the maze. On the way you might be able to gather idols, which will aid you in the battle. What level of challenge were you considering taking?"

Irene

"Yeah, Eevee's flexibility will help me round out my team best. I think it's the best choice I can make."

Jack nods, and a final couple arrangements are made... The Eevee in question sent over to Irene not much later!

Irene has obtained a lvl 10 quiet male eevee with sprint!

Izzy

"Oh, what for? You know, me and Drake both met their king guy earlier - Mephisto? Drake's even an honorary member now, aren't you."

"Heh... Is he now?" Isabella says, her scowl for a moment replaced with a grin.

"Good for him. Anyways, don't wear it to the junkyard tomorrow."

"And... I guess I'd rather spend my money at the black market rather than the junkyard."

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:08 pm

Here's that Malamar again, faster than Kikolo this time. Koa decides to take the risk and have his Heracross fire another series of Pin Missiles at the glowing squid. Koa presses the button for 'blinding lights', cranking up the light intensity behind Kikolo to help make sure the Malamar doesn't hit with some kind-of psychic attack first.

Pin Missile on Malamar 2: 1d20 = [16] = 16
1d8 = [1] = 1

1d8+8+23 = [5] = 36

While Kikolo (should) hit, he unfortunately only lands with one spine. Still, it's doubly super-effective!

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:10 pm

"Is the city really that bad that you have iron doors?" Haleu follows where the man pointed to . She looks in the garden to see how it fares before talking to the dean. "Hiya! I heard you might have a fossil reanimation machine?"

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:04 pm

Koa

Kikolo gets ready to unleash a hopefully devastating attack, while Koa hopes to blind the opposing Malamar... But perhaps not expecting what Jack calls out next:

"You have one chance, Malamar- Hit it with a peck!"

Luckily however, Koa's blind pays off... The attack missing! In turn however, Jack uses up the last reflect to dampen the effect of the pin missile, and with only one the missiles hitting, keeps it standing...

3 uses left.
Malamar(25/10) injured
Houndoom(25/20) KO
Zoroark(25/20) KO
Lonaki(25/18) KO
Kikolo(21) 58/98
Grimer(20/15) recalled
Crawdaunt(10/6) KO
Rawku(4/5) KO

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:17 pm

Phew! Koa didn't even register that Flying move on Malamar's move list! But the squid thing is still standing...

Kikolo tries to beat it down with a Brick Break! If the Malamar lands with a Peck, though, hopefully Kikolo's Flying Brace can protect it enough for the Heracross to perform a Counter...?

Brick Break on Malamar: 1d20 = 18
3d8+10+23 = 49

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:58 pm

20-40 was silver, right? ... With half my team over 30 it's too cheap to go for bronze, so...

"I'm planning to go for a silver rank today."

"I'm going to have to go for copper, if I want to have a chance."
My game:

My characters:

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:49 am

"Black market....? Oh, do the Kingsmen have their own market? I'd be interested in seeing what they've got too. Jack only said to steer clear of the Red Hand if we could."

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:06 am

Bjorn follows to the Pokecentre, sitting and waiting while his pokemon heal before switching Sneak and Sludge for Dote and Sting. He joins Alex at the gym.

"I think I'll go copper too, thanks."
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:42 am

Haley

"Is the city really that bad that you have iron doors?"

"Yeah." the guy gives as a rather... Deadpan response. The door behind her locked with at least three different kinds of locks. None the less, Haley follows the mans directions, soon entering the garden in question... It did seem well maintained, bushes kept in neat check... Although looking upon it, one couldn't help but shake it was just a glimmer of it's former glory. There seemed to be a couple students near the outside of the open space, a couple giving suspicious glances in her direction... But mostly, she walks to the center of the garden without issues. There, a large, if stained statue of... Some guy, stands, covered in Pidove and what one expects to find with a lot of Pidove. In front of it sat a man, still enough on his bench that one of the Pidove had landed on his shoulders... Only to be scared off as his slump was straightened a bit when Haley appeared.

"Hiya! I heard you might have a fossil reanimation machine?"

"Ah..?" the man turns, as if suddenly snapping out of a dream. "Oh. I suppose, but, well... I'm afraid I can't really help you with that. It's been... So long since I've done any of that."

Koa

The Malamar tries again, it's peck this time a bit more accurate- Striking for 31(24) damage! Jack a bit annoyed to see that he appears to have a defensive item of some sorts, given how ineffective the attack appeared...The brick break is not enough to take it down either, however!

3 uses left.
Malamar(25/10) heavily injured
Houndoom(25/20) KO
Zoroark(25/20) KO
Lonaki(25/18) KO
Kikolo(21) 34/98
Grimer(20/15) recalled
Crawdaunt(10/6) KO
Rawku(4/5) KO

Alex

Jack nods to the fair enough response... Alex's items taken, and a torch and "emergency escape" button given... The lights dimming as he's guided inside the first hall, and soon the maze opening itself to him. The torch seems pretty bad...

But then he again, he's not sure why he was given one in the first place. This maze seemed pretty... Bright. His first option to go left or right...

Roll perception and intuition.

Izzy

"Black market....? Oh, do the Kingsmen have their own market? I'd be interested in seeing what they've got too. Jack only said to steer clear of the Red Hand if we could."

"Yeah, they do. Might not be as cheap on some things, but whatever. And staying away from those freaks is just good advice in general."

Bjorn

"I think I'll go copper too, thanks."

Jack nods, and soon gives him a torch and emergency button as well... The buttons in the room dimming until they are encompassed in darkness, as he flicks on the weak torch and enters the actual maze... It seems like the maze starts off simply- A choice between left, or right...

Roll perception and intuition.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:55 am

Thankfully that didn't hit Kikolo nearly as hard as Koa was expecting, most of the impact absorbed by Drake's Flying Brace. Of course now Kikolo was in a prime position to be knocked out by another attack....

"One last shot Kikolo, another Pin Missile!"

Pin Missile on Malamar 3 damage: 1d20 = [12] = 12
1d8 = [1] = 1

1d8+8+23 = [4] = 35

The Heracross readies another barrage of chitinous spines, though again only one manages to line up with its target! Will Kikolo get the chance to hit? Will it be enough?

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:03 pm

"It's fine, I know how to use the machine myself. Hmm looks like the garden could use a lotta work too. I know a thin' or two that can help."
Last edited by Arch Lich Burns on Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.