PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Home to all current Forum Games.
SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:01 pm

Koa gestures to the staff on the ground, to avoid touching it himself. You know, the whole reason he's asking Garnet to use it.

Her comment gets him to start thinking about what the consequences for failing her mission are, but he'll have time to consider it later. For now he's focusing on the task at hand.

He fiddles with his sleeve while Garnet does her thing, reequipping the Violet Shard for its focus-enhancing properties.
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by SuperVaderMan on Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:20 pm

Haley gives a sigh, knowing better than to fight it. "Hiya!~ Um...N-no. ...Maybe? .....Okay yes. Are these your spideys then?"

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:42 pm

Alex boosts Tyr with Focused Orders and sends him in for another stomp.

And gets another damn crit.
Damage = 31

Crit damage: 12
Total: 43.
Scraggy is Flinched.

Tyr is 2 for 2 on Stomp crits right now. Goddamn brilliant.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:47 pm

Bruce still isn't sure of the plan of having the person who was just their hostage working the magic staff (or really not a fan of using the magic staff in general), but he figures he's gone through it this far. Might as well see it through.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:30 am

Izzy releases a shuddering breath as the Collector and Mr Suspicious go down, hardly daring to believe she'd actually managed it. While Maku wildly swings at the Drifblim, Izzy slips past and leans over the railing, calling down to the Dancer and Musician.

"Hey, so your boss and his bodyguard just got beaten up by a little girl. Want to call it here?"

Charm: 24

Knock Off (AC: 3, Damage: 42)
► Show Spoiler

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:58 am

Bjorn picks up the shard, buffing it on his sleeve but trying not to look directly at it, trying to catch a glance on an angle to see if there is anything unusual or if it is just a standard mirror before putting it away. Backtracking into the maze, he decides to stay silent in regards to the wailing, trying to see if he can pinpoint what direction its coming from and wisely avoiding it.
► Show Spoiler

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:21 pm

"Ah, hope... What a noble sentiment I am too old to really car for. Embrace it- I'd dare not to take it. But that's not what this is about..."
You still think you can improve your situation, that's hope. You just want to reach your goal at the expensense of others...

"Ah, yes, and so we arrive back at the root of the problem... This is YOUR prophecy, woman. Yours alone... You could be wrong. Or you could simply be misguided."

"Your intent may be pure... But I will not risk my plan over it."

"Your own pride and arrogance gets in the way of that, huh?"

or maybe just some cowerdness

"If you continue to push your luck like this, we will be continuing our chat after you wake up from a LONG nap, girl..!"
Why so you have time to prepare to debate me! Irene gasps out, she fights back, but reserves her best trick waiting for Koa to activate the staff.
Irene acrobatics check [3d6] = 12

Captain(Gengar)(20) - 1 SATT
Irene(19)
Shock(17) KO
Angstrom(5)
General(Cofagrigus)(3)
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:42 pm

Haley

"Hiya!~ Um...N-no. ...Maybe? .....Okay yes. Are these your spideys then?"

There's only a chuckle from above, the spiders seeming to have taken some distance, although still watching... Before the mystery family voice continues.

"They are my precious little children, yes... And it appears you might have angered them, trying to steal my precious little idol..?" the voice asks- As there's heavy thudding noises, as something... Big, moves down from the ceiling, alongside the wall... Before jumping down into the webbed floors with a heavy thud- What looks to be a massive spider... Although, with a humanoid torso on top?!

"I wonder what your punishment ought to be..."

Alex

Tyr gets off another impressive stomp, much to Jack's annoyance... Before it gets countered with a brick break for 42(54) damage!

(lights remaining: 2)
sandile(13/15) KO
Tyr(8/13) KO
scraggy(0/5) flinched, heavily injured

Koa, Bruce

Koa simply gestures over to the staff, it being pretty obvious that he wasn't touching the damn thing for a good reason... Bruce likewise not even liking the very idea of touching the staff- The girl... Blinking a couple times before she realizes she's being stupid about it herself- Just getting up, walking towards the staff, and swooping it up.

"Alright then... It should just go like this-" she says- Lifting the staff up, before hitting it's base on the ground. The duo get the impression she only knows how to use it how most would use something like a remote, and not really actually "understand" how it works... Regardless, though, it does what it's supposed to do- The mirror on top of the staff cracking open and beginning to glow, as...

Nothing happens.

"Erm... Any moment now..?"

Irene

You still think you can improve your situation, that's hope. You just want to reach your goal at the expensense of others...

"Ah... I suppose you still think THAT is my plan..." Grimm replies, his expression seeming to soften... For just a moment. Before it tenses up just as well again.

"I'll admit I've been a bit... Rash, in the past. My kind might be a bit infamous for their temper... Just know this: assuming everything goes according to plan... No one will have to die."

Temper might be the correct word for it... Given how Irene seems to have no pause in continuing to poke the bear.

or maybe just some cowerdness

"Cowardness?! Do you see me HIDE girl?! Does the fact I do not bend my knee to your whims make me a coward?!"

There's a surge of energy, for a moment your mother looking as if she's about to intervene... And very pained when she can't outright stop it, Irene taking 48(42) damage, and... Literally leaving her on the very verge of consciousness..! One of the ghosts behind him tentatively reaching out as he almost jerks around.

"I AM CALM!"

"...Argh- Sorry. I'm... Sorry. It's even HARDER to control this temper when I'm in a host that has murder constantly on the mind... I-"

"You are going to let my baby girl go right now." Gayle interrupts- Drawing the attention back to her as Grimm paused for a moment.

"Neither you or your pet scares me, Gayle."

"Perhaps... But I sure as hell can mess up your little plan if I wanted to, can't I?"

Grimm is silent... Before his eventual reply can come, there finally seems to be a reaction from the mirror behind them- The once fogged up mirror suddenly becoming clear, an image beginning to show through... Vague, and slightly blurred- But Irene would still recognize it as the pizeria they had escaped from earlier.
► Show Spoiler
Bjorn

Bjorn carefully inspects the mirror, while... Not actually trying to directly look at it. From all the he can see, it looks like a regular mirror... Although not complete- Like it's missing a piece... None the less, he's soon back on the path, trying to continue finding his way, while staying away from the wailing...

(Perception and intuition again, please.)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:24 pm

Haley eyes the spiderperson with excitement. "Oh wow! You have a really good costume! Looks very realistic! Just like a drider! Must have been reallllllly expensive to get together. What is it made out of? Oh-sorry uh didn't mean to ruin the spoooopy mood! You must work here to scare people away from the idol huh? Looks like it would be fun! Though I am not very intimidating, or stealthy.....hmmmm...

Oh! Can you come closer so I can see you better?~"

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:24 pm

"Well, that went better than expected. A fair bit weaker than the opponents and at a type disadvantage for his best moves, but he almost took out two."
Alex sends Slippy to replace the KO'd Tyr, immediately launching a Flame Burst at the scraggy.

Flame Burst: AC=14, Damage = 33
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:43 am

Hide, you said anything about that, you just refuse to explain anything! It's like you can't bear the thought of your plan being criticized at all

Don't worry... these nonsense plans will be ruined! Irene gasps out as she teleports out of the crazed ghost grasp. Recalling Rythem she darts through the portal... hoping it was Koa on the other side though, she does shout something back at Grimm.

"If you have to yell you're calm, then your usually not!"

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:24 pm

Izzy, Drake

The dancer continues being SUPER useful, and definitely not causing her employer to wonder why she was even hired, assuming he had not been knocked out... Handing out further cheer to her own pokemon.

Hogan meanwhile, claws at the musician that tried to sing him soothing lullabies, apparently disapproving of his music... Getting him to stagger backwards..! Which Izzy takes perfect opportunity for as she calls down to the rest of the stadium...

"Hey, so your boss and his bodyguard just got beaten up by a little girl. Want to call it here?"

The dancer seems to hesitate, but is a bit more defiant... Still unhurt and not having gotten a chance to "prove" herself yet- The Musician, though, appears to have had enough.

"Yes, yes..! Just stay off me..!"

Drake meanwhile, energy blasts the clauncher, doing some damage... While Crowley bubblebeams a bit more effectively against the drifblim... He's soon joined by a knockoff from a much closer Maku, or at least, an attempt- The attack missing..!

Sylph joins in against the clauncher, doing some more damage but not quite knocking it out yet...

Jeremy is out of pester balls for now, and was instead just offering orders to his pokemon.

Isabella meanwhile... Has a critical miss- And loses all her momentum in the process...

Nox is disappointed he has seen no one die yet.

The musician seems to be keeping to his word, the Loudred ordered to stand down... And not much later, recalled.

The drifblim continues it's assault despite it's master being unconscious, though- Dealing 36(54) damage, knocking him out! And with that, the Goomy turns to Izzy and Nate, and... Holy crap, it's summoning a draco meteor on them for 64 damage..! It's a good thing they presumably both teleport out of the way and take none.

Betty meanwhile, takes advantage of Isabella having lost all her momentum... Her bat striking with an almost sickening crunch. At least her pokemon seem interested in finishing up the fight just as well so they can just duke it out in private- Her mawile snapping at the clauncher, finishing it off..!

Finally, the sunflora attacks Crowley for 55(102) damage... Guess that at least proves the Dancer isn't completely useless..?

Dancer(36/20) +4 SPD, +2DEF/SDEF
Nate(27/22)
Kay(26/21) KO
Hogan(26/21) injured
Ghos(24/15) KO
Izzy(21/16) 4/56
Drake(20/15) + SATK 52/78
Max(20/15) recalled
Crowley(20/15) KO
Maku(19/5) KO
Buzzkill(18/13) KO
Sylph(17/12) injured
Roselia(15) recalled
Pawniard(15) (on platform) very lightly injured, asleep
Dragonair(15) KO
Jeremy(15/10)
Isabella(15/10)heavily injured
Nox(15/10)
Kirlia(11) KO
Loudred(10) injured, recalled
Musician(10) heavily injured
Drifblim(10) injured
Grin(10/5) recalled
Goomy(10) -2 satt
Mr. Suspicious(9/15) (on platform) KO
Magnemite(9) KO
Atom(9/4) 4 momentum, injured -1 SPD, leech seeded
Betty(7) +3 ATT injured
Pupitar(5) KO
Mawile(5) injured
Clauncher(4) KO
Lairon(4) KO
The collector(3/5) (on platform) KO
Bronzong(3) KO
Sunflora(3) Excited, Cheered +1ATT +2 SATT

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:22 am

Seeing the musician give up, Izzy breathes a sigh of relief. That would make things easier, at least.

Then she turns around and sees her death fast approaching.

~NownownowNOW-~

Moments before the meteor hits, Izzy feels a sharp tug at her collar. There's a brief feeling of weightlessness and silence, then everything comes crashing down again - just in time to see the place she had been standing in seconds before erupt in a gigantic ball of fire.

~As I said, chaotic.~
► Show Spoiler

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:04 pm

► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:29 pm

Haley

"Oh wow! You have a really good costume! Looks very realistic! Just like a drider! Must have been reallllllly expensive to get together. What is it made out of? Oh-sorry uh didn't mean to ruin the spoooopy mood! You must work here to scare people away from the idol huh? Looks like it would be fun! Though I am not very intimidating, or stealthy.....hmmmm..."

"Oh! Can you come closer so I can see you better?~"

The female seems to pause for a moment, her expression not even seeming to change... Before letting out a chuckle- One that was a bit more hearty than before, perhaps, but still...

"Hmm, hmm.. A costume, darling..? I suppose you can't be blamed... Do you think these legs are mechanical?" she asked... One of the furry spider legs striking right next to her, piercing through the webs on the ground... Seemingly inviting her to touch it with what little movement her current position allows, and be convinced... And also allowing her a closer look, as requested- The woman almost seeming prideful, with her black dress and otherwise pale complexion...

"I suppose you're right it's my little job to keep this idol out of your hands, however... Although, what could I do..? What would be a proper retribution for destroying my darling's webs..? The poor little guys must be so hungry..."

Alex

"Well, that went better than expected. A fair bit weaker than the opponents and at a type disadvantage for his best moves, but he almost took out two."

"Indeed... An impressive start."

Slippy replaces Tyr, and fires a flame burst... One that's enough to finish the scraggy!

Next up is a houndour.

(lights remaining: 2)
Houndour(15)
sandile(13/15) KO
Tyr(8/13) KO
Slippy(2)
scraggy(0/5) KO

Irene

Hide, you said anything about that, you just refuse to explain anything! It's like you can't bear the thought of your plan being criticized at all!

"Do you think this is really the time to explain anything?! For that matter, why should I?"

Don't worry... these nonsense plans will be ruined! Irene proudly announces, before teleporting out of Grimm's grasp... And quickly recalling Rhythem as she dashes at the mirror. "Grimm" does an angry grasping motion for a moment, but it looks like he was unable to stop Irene before it's too late... Simply yelling after her.

"You mess with my plans, and any blood that'll flow from it will be YOUR fault..!"

With that, Irene jumps straight at the mirror breaking her shoulder on the solid object- Leaving a last couple parting words for Grimm to mull over, but not sticking around to hear the answer...

Koa, Bruce, Irene

The duo... Wait awkwardly, as the summoner's "spell" is taking a suspiciously long time to show results... The summoner even in the midst of turning the staff around to try and "examine" the mirror and make sure everything was okay... Just as Irene pops out the other end- Hitting the ground with a thud, as it was obvious she must have made a rather dire jump... And looking worse for wear, too.

"Ah... There, I did it..! Everyone happy now, right..?" the Summoner speaks up... Just in time for more guests to pop up, of course- What little remains of the poor door kicked open again as another couple guys enter, looking ready for battle at first... Though judging by their looks seem far more local- And quickly lose steam as they notice the by now grouped up bunch of unconscious people.

"Oh- It's already over, ain't it..?"
► Show Spoiler
Bjorn

Bjorn continues his search through the maze... Avoiding the wailing sounds without too many issues. Eventually, he comes across another door, although one that's already unlocked... And seems to have the option to be locked behind him if he so wished... A way to leave that thing behind him? What's the point of the mirror then, though..?

And now, that... Thing, has also simply gone silent...

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:18 pm

"If it's not a costume then what is it?" Haley tries to reach to the spider lady's leg and pets it gently. "Hheheh. It's so fuzzy! Are you like uh....what's the word, a poke...person thing? I have a friend who is part butterfree! That's cool! No wonder Jack hired you, you fit in this 'haunted' maze. So does this mean you can talk to them and stuff? I can speak to grass pokemons! How long have you been part spider? Do you have multiple sets of eyes?"

Haley snickers. "Sorry about that, I'm not exacly the most...graceful? And I seriously doubt you'd feed me to the spiders. I'm sure there were a loooooot of trainers that came through here to get the idol and were as clumsy as me. If anybody got hurt or died here then there would be a loooot of trouble for the gym. ....Also I would think they'd feed them. If not then I'm going to have words to Jack about neglectin' his mons.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:28 am

"An... Interesting choice. It resists the fire, sure, but slugma have Rock moves too, so you've just opened up a weakness to slightly less powerful moves."

Ancient Power: AC = 16, Damage = 34
My game:

My characters:

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:25 am

Crowley protects himself from the attack, proving just how useless the dancer is. Drake recalls Crowley to protect him from another attack and fires an energy blast at the dancer.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:21 am

"Irene!" Koa calls out, lowering his guard seeing that nothing else seems to be coming through the staff. He rushes over. "You alright, what happened?!"

"Ah... There, I did it..! Everyone happy now, right..?"

"Yeah... yeah, I think we're good, now. Just set the staff down over there, so it's outta sight, yeah? I'll take care of it in a bit," Koa directs, gesturing to some shelves or boxes or whatever convenient hiding spot may be in the warehouse.

He turns his attention to Garnet then. "What about you, though? How much trouble are you gonna be in with the Sons or the Red Hand after this?" He asks, paying close attention to her response.
Intuition on Garnet's well-being: 5d6+4 = [6, 5, 4, 3, 1] = 23

Then some Junk Rats show up, looking to guard their turf, only to see the job's already been done for them.

"Heh, friends of yours?" Koa gives Bruce a weary smile, the battle starting to catch up to him.

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:53 am

Re-materialising in a much safer spot, Izzy takes a few seconds to catch her breath.

"Huff...thanks for that, Nate. Don't know what I'd do without you."

~Burn, most likely. Are we going to get back in there, oooor....~

"Yeah, just...gimme a minute."

Pulling out one of her Potions, Izzy quickly applies it to the fresh burns before they can blister too much. No time to worry about the stinging pain though - Nate was right, the others still needed help. And Isabella wasn't looking too good either...how was it supposed to be a fair fight when that other girl had a bat!?

-- Potion: Restore 20Hp [Full Action]
► Show Spoiler

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:52 pm

Koa!!! Irene coughes a little blood dribbles from the corner of her mouth. We have to prepare it's Grimm! Grimm possessed the leader and is calling the shots.

Irene clutches her head as she sways to her feet. Grimm said his plan wouldn't kill anyone, but I don't believe him... plus he said it himself that the guy constantly has murder on his mind, so I don't think the possession is going as well as he wants

Ignoring the new comers, and to an extant even Bruce, she tries to walk out the door clearly struggling.
I need to get medical attention... something big is about to happen, and I need to be ready... we're fighting against fate, and gods and I won't be able to help like this!

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:40 pm

"Heh, friends of yours?"

Yeah, I've met them. Bruce turns to the Junkrats. Red Hand sting. They tried to steal my pokemon. Mostly thanks to this guy, Bruce claps Koa on the shoulder, we were able to fight them off.

Bruce starts to answer any questions the two may have before witnessing Irene kinda freak out.

I need to get medical attention... something big is about to happen, and I need to be ready... we're fighting against fate, and gods and I won't be able to help like this!

Hey, hey, hey. Calm down! We can get some help, but the only thing you're going to do is hurt yourself more if you keep on like this. Look, we have some help here now, let's all get some first aid, okay?

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:20 am

Hey, hey, hey. Calm down! We can get some help, but the only thing you're going to do is hurt yourself more if you keep on like this. Look, we have some help here now, let's all get some first aid, okay?
Sorry, I'm just anxious... I know something big is coming, but beyond very soon, I don't know exact times.

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:21 pm

Sorry, I'm just anxious... I know something big is coming, but beyond very soon, I don't know exact times.

Well, if you don't know when then you have just as much chance of having time to prepare as you do having to rush now. So let's get you fixed up, get our pokemon fixed up, so we can tackle this at full strength. What is going to happen?

ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:43 pm

Bjorn slips through the door, choosing to lock it behind him to be safe, and looks around.

Bjorn Perception and Intuition checks: 5D6 = [4, 6, 5, 4, 1] = 20
2D6 = [2, 4] = 6
► Show Spoiler