PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Home to all current Forum Games.
The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by The Lost » Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:41 pm

Buttercup retaliates with a dazzling gleam! dazzling gleam! [1d20+2] = 18+2 = 20[2d8+36] = 9+36 = 45

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:08 am

Despite the language barriers between them, Izzy keeps trying to chat with the flock of birds. Even if she's now realising that Nate would have been useful to have along as a translator...

"So you live east of here, then? That's where we're heading! Have you ever flown over to the ocean? Honestly, I'm really excited to see it for the first time. I've heard it's beautiful..."

"Oh, are you guys hungry? Here, catch!"

Reaching into the bag, she tosses some of the fruit pieces towards the smaller birds. If they seem to like them she follows this up with a few more, then holds the rest out in her open palm to see if they'll come closer.

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:01 pm

Bruce starts checking out the Trumbeak for level, nature, etc., starting with whichever of them seem most eager to accept the food.

Want some info on the birds?

Pokemon Edu=21
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:16 am

Haley, (Alex)

The Breloom strikes quick, hitting with a mach punch dealing 42(16) damage! Buttercup of course, retaliates right after- And leaves the Breloom barely standing, legs shaking.

"Okay, okay, are strong..."

Buttercup(25) 63/93
Breloom(14) badly injured

Izzy, Bruce

Izzy continues conversation, even despite the obvious language barrier. What sounds like a... Negative, squawk, about having gone as far as the ocean? She thinks- It's hard to tell, but that's the impression she gets at least... Though there is some more squawking after that, one of the bigger wings briefly flapping its wings.

Far more receptive are some of the trumbeak to snacks, gladly taking some of the thrown snacks, snatching them up midair- And after a bit, even seem to have enough guts to come close enough to peck out of her hand. Carefully, of course, not full force pecks.

Bruce meanwhile, is trying to be helpful, quickly identifying the trumbeak that hang around Izzy... One seems to be lvl 27 with a distracted nature and keen eye and pickup, while the other is lvl 28, careful, pickup and sheer force.

(There's five more birds which I'll allow you to identify as well, but I'll need five rolls for it. I don't expect it to be an issue... :P )

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:22 am

"Are you okay? Sorry about that...Do you want to keep going?"

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:25 pm

Bruce is able to successfully identify the remaining pokemon. Assuming Izzy wants the info, he will pass it on to her.

Pokemon Edu = Big Numbers

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:05 am

Izzy continues feeding the birds, trying to encourage the other ones to come closer so Bruce can get a better look at them. She's particularly interested in any that might look braver or more adventurous than the rest.

Charm: 6D6+3 = [2, 4, 6, 5, 3, 3]+3 = 26

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:22 pm

Haley

"Are you okay? Sorry about that...Do you want to keep going?"

The Pokemon shakes it's head, apparently even the fighting type having gotten enough.

"No. Are strong. I think one of us may be interested in joining you, yes."

Izzy, Bruce

Izzy meanwhile, keeps up her charms. Together with the help of some snacks, it seems like most of the Trumbeak take at least a bit of a liking to the girl. With perhaps the exception of the two apparent parents, perhaps, though while still keeping a good look on things, they don't seem to have any issues... While Bruce has absolutely no issues identifying the remaining five.

lvl 26 docile trumpbeak with pickup and keen eye
lvl 29 bold trumpbeak with pickup and technician
lvl 28 brave trumpbeak with pickup and sheer force
lvl 34 hardy toucannon with pickup and technician
lvl 36 modest toucannon with pickup and technician

(What's the odds of rolling pickup on all of them...)

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:55 pm

”Neato! Which one wants to travel with me?”

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:21 am

As the younger birds crowd around her for food, Izzy takes particular interest in the Boldest of them.

"You know...if any of you do want to see the ocean, I'd be happy to bring you along. It could be a really fun adventure! Does that sound cool to any of you?"

Charm: 6D6+3 = [3, 1, 3, 6, 2, 3]+3 = 21

► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:47 pm

Haley

”Neato! Which one wants to travel with me?”

"Me! Me!"

"No, me, me!" two of the Trumbeak announce, almost looking like they might get into fisticuffs over who of them gets to join. Barring Haley makes the decision somehow, of course.

Izzy

"You know...if any of you do want to see the ocean, I'd be happy to bring you along. It could be a really fun adventure! Does that sound cool to any of you?"

The Trumbeak seem a bit giddy at the offer, and a couple interested. At least, before one of the Toucannon let's out a loud cry. Not... Outright dismissive, though it does stop the smaller birds in their tracks. It seems to look around for a moment, before crying out again, even louder, but this time seeming to direct itself to the lakeside nearby. Judging by the Pokemon there, it seems as if it's calling out to them..? Both of the water pokemon that were let out to play, looking at their trainer as if to gauge whether or not they should approach.

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:00 pm

”Hmmm... do eother of you know the move spore?”

( i didnt know breloom can evolve to trumbeak! :p

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:39 am

"Oh...did you want to talk to Snaps?"

Assuming that's all they want, Izzy gestures for Snaps to come over - also releasing Zeke nearby to stretch his wings, in case the birds want a second opinion.

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:37 pm

Bruce looks over to his playing pokemon and calls them over quickly. Being a little less trusting, he keeps an attack command ready in case they get testy.

ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:21 pm

Haley

”Hmmm... do eother of you know the move spore?”

The two pokemon look at each other for a second, then both shake their head.

"Don't know it no."

"Know stun spore? That spore?"

Izzy, Bruce

"Oh...did you want to talk to Snaps?"

The bird lets out a squawk. Sounds like a "yes"..? But regardless, Izzy obliges, letting the Pokemon approach... And also releasing her Zubat, just in case. While Bruce is far more on edge, keeping his own pokemon away, and preparing to attack just in case... Though, nothing seems to happen besides a couple of loud squawks, some snaps from Snaps. Seems they're talking..? And, after a bit, their beaks click silently, the two parents seeming to argue with each other for a second, before a softer squawk, and a raised wing. Whatever little exchange they just had, seems Izzy got permission to adopt one of the birds.

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:45 pm

”Spore is the move that makes you sleep and never misses. Your pre-evolution learned it but since you evolved there’s no way to for either of you two to learn it. It’s one of the reasons I was interested in you guys. That and posion heal. ...I’m sorry. If you guys still want to tag along withme you can, I am going to see if I can find a good water mon.”

If either are interested still she chucks a pokeball for the one that can get to it the fastests before hurring to go back to the group.
(Drat that was one of the reasons she’d want one, since it’s learned by shroomish but not breloom...

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:23 am

With the parent's permission granted, Izzy turns back to the younger Trumbeak. Taking out an empty Pokeball, she offers it to the Bold little bird first - however, if he (or she) doesn't seem interested, she moves on to the Brave one instead.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:46 pm

Haley

The breloom seem a bit disappointed, but still seem willing to join in.

Haley and Alex earn 105 exp to share among their pokemon!
► Show Spoiler
Izzy

With permission, Izzy holds up one of the pokeballs, approaching the bold one first... And it seems more than bold enough to allow itself to be captured!

Izzy has captured a lvl 29 bold trumpbeak with pickup and technician!

Izzy and Bruce earn 50 xp to share among their pokemon!

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:45 pm

Haley will capture one (for dex exp) abd starts running to the water

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:57 pm

Lovely lovely free exp. XD
105 to Pillow, who gains a level. Stat into Def.

Alex heads after Haley, albeit more slowly.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:49 pm

Jackie gets a level (stat goes into spatt)

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:42 am

After the Trumbeak disappears into the ball, Izzy immediately lets him back out again onto the branch next to her.

"There you go! It's not so bad in there, is it. Now, I'm going to need something to call you...how about 'Tucker'?"

Turning back to the parents, she gives them a nod of appreciation.

"Thank you for trusting me with him. I promise I'll keep him safe."

As Tucker says goodbye to his brothers and sisters, Izzy finishes handing out her berries to the other birds, then floats back to the ground to rejoin Bruce and Koa.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:08 pm

Haley, Alex

Haley quickly takes some time to register one of the breloom in the Pokedex, then scurries off after the others. She, Alex, and both Isabella and Jeremy make it there not much after the others.

Izzy

Izzy takes one quick moment to capture the bird... Then, immediately releases it, giving it a name in the process. One of the parents starts squawking loudly- But judging by the other one (lightly) hitting it with one of its wings, Izzy is guessing they're just being needlessly dramatic. At the very least, it doesn't sound like there are actual complaints... And the Trumbeak enjoy a couple more snacks, before the girl jumps back down, ready to continue.

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:36 pm

Haley looks at any water pokemon, focusing on any that are glitched.

_: 6D6+5 = [1, 1, 5, 1, 5, 6]+5 = 24
+2 if glitched

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:53 pm

Now that the Trumbeak is caught, Bruce checks with Izzy to see if she wants to head back to the rest of the team, or if she wants to stay for a little while longer. Meanwhile, Aggy is resting in the damp ground at the shore and taking in the sun, while Scraps is swimming in the water jumping in and out, and every once in a while squirting a small spurt of water at Aggy.

ÔÇò Terry Pratchett