PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Home to all current Forum Games.
Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Post by Natrivv » Tue May 09, 2017 10:01 am

"You guys aren't gonna let me live that down, huh? I almost didn't, ya'know."
"nope, or untill we don't feel like you almost blew yourself up. We do care you know?"

"Nothing more than we already know," Koa says, shaking his head. "I kinda... didn't give him the chance to say much more. Still, we know she can jump around, so she's got the Space powers. I think that might be all she has, and Spark and the old lady have the other powers?"
So what I'm getting is Spark has Spark's powers plus a little something extra from Palkia or Dialga? Irene just looks at the pokedex

"Well we don't have to defeat this Oversear, I think it's more we have different goals that just happened to conflict this time. The initial purpose of our traveling was to protect not harm."

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Tue May 09, 2017 3:40 pm

"I mean, even if we can take some time to heal our pokemon... I think we've hit our insane shit quota for like, a week. I'm not sure if we should continue, or just count our blessings, lick our wounds, and actually get to Murkoff."

Frowning, Izzy looks to the sky. Now that the weird darkness had gone, she could see that sun was starting to sit pretty low in the horizon.

"I dunno...it's getting pretty dark already. I doubt we'd even make it back to the main road before sundown, let alone Murkoff. And to be honest, I kinda wanna see what this whole anomaly thing is about, now that we've spent so much time getting here....."

"...I know! Why don't we split up? Everyone who doesn't want to keep going could search around for somewhere to camp for the night, start setting up their tents and things. While the rest of us see what's up with this anomaly. And if the anomaly group takes the drones with them, then Sparky can use them lead us back to camp once we're done."

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Tue May 09, 2017 4:44 pm

"I think splitting up will be more dangerous than just having all of us going there.."

Did the golurk just leave the harness behind or is the device also left behind with the harness?

In case the device is still there, he'll take it with him (likely in Koa's storage)
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Tue May 09, 2017 4:52 pm

► Show Spoiler
"Yeah that'd be pretty bad, to survive all that just for some predators to catch us when we're tired and split up."

"...What're we gonna do with that thing, by the way?" He says, pointing out the recall harness left behind by the Golurk. "That's the thing that was making the veil, yeah? Does it have stuff in it that can be tracked?"

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue May 09, 2017 5:56 pm

Goggles. Don't give the blind man a gun.

Alex heads back for Bjorn with Haley.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Wed May 10, 2017 2:52 am

"If there's only a couple of us, then we can always run if there's too much trouble. I'm pretty fast, even without Kay - and Maku could easily carry a couple of you and run. But if there's too many of us, we'll be pretty much forced to stay and fight...."

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Wed May 10, 2017 9:25 am

"a reconnaissance team? I'm not to good at sneaking around...Still not sure how I managed to get away without his noticing honestly... but my pokemon would be good about slowing down pursuit, and I'm pretty hard to catch myself. I think splitting up would be beneficial because we'd have a place to retreat to instead of, where do we go if we want to retreat."

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Wed May 10, 2017 11:46 am

Phoenix sighs and closes his eyes for a second, annoyed at the miss. At least it was fair. He is brought back to reality by a warm and wet feeling surrounding his hand. He quickly looks down to see Luna's second mouth encompassing his hand. Panicking, Phoenix uses Splash to jump back, away from Luna, and off the stage, trying about halfway through to make it look like something impressive, once he remembers his time to perform has come.

Uh... Knock off! Phoenix orders, distractedly, as he scrambles up on the stage.

Acrobatics=15
Accuracy=12
Power=34
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu May 11, 2017 6:01 am

Haley, Alex

"Awww man what do you mean looted? I was looking forward to looting it....maybe I can keep the ship itself? Because...I am going to loot the whole ship."

Code: Select all

Well, the people who needed something from this place had to find it aboard the ship! :)

And like any good "investigator" would, they off course looted the whole thing from top to bottom. ;)

Won't stop you from trying to drive it though, ha ha ha. :)
And also a point? You got a gold star system here?"

Ha ha ha!

Pretty much. ;)

See with your friends once you meet them again. ;)
Following this, Haley, Alex, and Luna who simply silently joined in as she knew nothing about all this technology stuff, head back to the main room where Bjorn had entered "the ship"... Which now they see is not just a "ship"... It's an airship! At least, it must be, what with it's balloon and propellers... Although Haley thinks that getting it working may be just a tad beyond her- The whole balloon deflated for instance, and many of the random machines strewn about the floor seem to have once been part of the ship... What a killjoy! Not that that was gonna stop her from trying, of course...

Koa, Drake, Izzy, Irene

"Y-yeah, I'm up for leaving that Overseer guy alone now. I only jumped in to help Pandora out - I don't have a reason to bother the guy anymore."

Heh, yeah, that's probably for the best. :)

Just... IF you ever do.

Be aware you can not hurt it in it's current state. :/

Quite literally, I'm afraid. :/

You might be able to hurt his "avatar", perhaps, but even that would take an incredible amount of power... :/

Just want to make sure you don't get hurt, okay? :)
"But uh... about that. When I was on the other side, the Overseer told me some things. Well he showed me, in my head. It turns out that Pandora is... dead. Not dead dead, but her piece of the Chain is keeping her and her body alive. I think. And it's been that way for a long time, and that's why she doesn't look any older."

...Yes, I noticed. 

"Dead" is likely not the correct word considering she still walks like the living... :)

But if it weren't for the red chain, that body would not be able to support life any more... :/

She's got a literal hole in her heart. Burst vessel. Appears genetic...
"And it turns out there's more than one piece of the Chain. Pandora has one piece, there's some old lady that had another, and... Spark has the third one." He looks down at his pokedex again. "I'm guessing that's why the Overseer won't touch you? Is that the Sleeper that has the other piece, that old lady? Is that why he's after Pandora, 'cause he wants to get his piece back?"

The spark goes silent for a moment even as Koa looks to confirm his theories, apparently considering just WHAT he is gonna say to having such a secret of him revealed... As the other trainers take some time to discuss such things even further.

"So the Overseer is just trying to uphold the laws of nature? Did he tell or show you what the chain does?"

"Nothing more than we already know. I kinda... didn't give him the chance to say much more. Still, we know she can jump around, so she's got the Space powers. I think that might be all she has, and Spark and the old lady have the other powers?"

So what I'm getting is Spark has Spark's powers plus a little something extra from Palkia or Dialga?"

...No.
The Spark finally begins his reply, having taken a couple moments to consider how to best approach the subject... Such explanation apparently rather exposition heavy, after all.

Well, I was going to save this until after all you guys got a chance to cool down... :)

But I can't really explain what is going on between me and that red chain, without inadvertently explaining what I was talking about earlier, too. :/

To cut off one matter straight from the pass... No, the girl you saw was not the Sleeper. :)

I suspect who you likely saw was Uxie- One of the three "guardians" of the chain... :)

Which Cyrus found out about, captured her and her two sisters, and stole their "stones" to combine their power into the red chain... :S

And just as each of them carried one stone, when the chain was shattered, it split into three pieces once more... :o

One was eventually claimed by me, one got returned to her sister, and the final one... Was presumed lost, until Pandora appeared with it. :)

Which brings me to what the chain is and my involvement with it...

You need to understand... I am a being born of "chaos". :) 

While the chain- It is an object strongly tied to order. In certain respects, representing the flow of time and space... :)

Holding the chain does not make me more powerful. At least not in most aspects.

Quite the contrary. 

It's like a poison to me.

This world holds rules. Order. :)

But as a being of chaos, I am usually not subject to these laws... I make my own. ;)

Like that fancy suit spell, hmm? ;)

But when you are struck by the power of such an object...

Or in my case, willingly take it. ;)

One can be forced to "follow the rules". :)

While we usually lack a physical body... We can be forced into one- At least partly. Although we are gravely weakened in the process. :)

You probably saw my "body" too, right? :)

The fact is, after the war... While I like to not think of how I was back then, I had gorged myself on it.

I was far more powerful than I am now- I might even have been powerful enough to deal with the GRAND OVERSEER myself, not that we'll ever know.

I figured I'd have enough power to create this physical manifesto, and still come out on top if I later removed it, never really intending to keep on to my piece of the red chain as long as I did... 

But as it turns out, it became my "ace in the hole"- The only reason why the Overseer can't just assimilate me like he did the others... :)

It is, after all, poison to him too.

As for WHY I did it... Let's just say it did come with a couple advantages.

Being able to talk to you as easily as I can, for one. :)

But the bottom line of it all is... The use of these artifacts of order can force my kind in an "avatar". :)

The only way to contain, defeat, or kill one of my kind.

I don't know if THAT is the reason he wants Pandora eliminated, if he actually cares about the fact she shouldn't be alive, or something else... :/

Hah, I'm sorry. That was quite a mouthful. :)

You gave me no choice, though. ;)
Following the exposition, the trainers turn to a different subject- Whether or not they'll continue...

"What exactly are we hoping to find at that anomaly? I'm not even sure if I ever heard what it's supposed to be."

"I dunno. She sounded like she was expecting to see someone there, though, someone who really doesn't like that Prometheus guy. She said if we're going to check it out, either don't bring him up or tell this person he's dead."

"I think we should still check it out. I mean if Pandora wanted to go check it out, it must be important, yeah?"

"I don't think we actually know..? Like, something about a 'gateway' was mentioned- But that could mean a lot of things. Hell, it could be codespeak for all we know- The goose is cooked, stuff like that."

"I dunno...it's getting pretty dark already. I doubt we'd even make it back to the main road before sundown, let alone Murkoff. And to be honest, I kinda wanna see what this whole anomaly thing is about, now that we've spent so much time getting here....."

"...I know! Why don't we split up? Everyone who doesn't want to keep going could search around for somewhere to camp for the night, start setting up their tents and things. While the rest of us see what's up with this anomaly. And if the anomaly group takes the drones with them, then Sparky can use them lead us back to camp once we're done."

"I... We do still have a hour of walking left to go... We could maybe split up..."

"I think splitting up will be more dangerous than just having all of us going there.."

"Yeah that'd be pretty bad, to survive all that just for some predators to catch us when we're tired and split up."

"Kind of have to agree. I mean, anyone that wants to can split up I guess, I can't exactly stop you- But the safe bet is to stick together."

"Actually, we have that teleport book, right..? I guess, worst comes to worst, long as we stick together... We have an escape route."

Finally, Koa points out what they're gonna do with the harness as Drake is quickly pocketing the technology for himself- As it's confirmed to him that it didn't appear to have anything to do with the "veil" surrounding Pandora, instead used as a safety measure for the golurk, so he'd be ported away to safety...
► Show Spoiler
Phoenix

Phoenix performs a pretty decent stunt despite Luna deciding she wants a snack, and Phoenix's hand looking tasty enough... He luckily manages to get loose from the vice grip after some flailing which DEFINITELY looked intentional... Nick meanwhile does some more sweet raps, that are totally sweet, and he ends up winning this time around- Starting a beat of the drum as Dracula hits with a knock off- Doing a good bit of damage as it retaliates with a bite... Or tries to at least, as it misses!

Current song: Beat of the drum
4 turns remaining

Dracula(17/22) +3 DEF 32/80, flinched
Glowstick(chinchou)(17) KO
Butterwings(Emolga)(16)
Kanga(13/21) 73/98
Cris(13) 6/66 recalled
Mane(luxio)(10) heavily injured
Spot(8/13) paralyzed, recalled
Major(magnemite)(5) KO

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu May 11, 2017 6:46 am

"Oh come on Sparky you obviously know what happened. Tell meeeeeses. I need to know. Why not tell me what the gold stars do now? It's going to be foreveeeeeeer before I see James' friends again."

Yey! Ship!"

Haley grabs the scrap metal and puts it to her bag and ties rope around herself. 'Hey Let out Mercury and we can get up there?"

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu May 11, 2017 6:49 am

"No. Stop getting distracted. We can look at the shipwreck after we're finished with your forgotten goal. Bjorn! You hear me? We're close to finding what we're looking for, Spark suggested we regroup first, though."
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu May 11, 2017 6:50 am

"Sparky says he is up there! He can't hear you from down there, we might have to search the whole ship for him. Oh wellllll~

Per Per [5d6+3] = 18+3 = 21

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Thu May 11, 2017 9:09 am

Koa rubs his eyes as he contemplates all the new info the Spark just dumped on this Red Chain business.
"Agh... I'm gonna have a lot more questions about this stuff later, just not now."

"It looks like we're headed for that anomaly thing, then. You wanna put on your armor before we go, just in case?" Koa asks Isabella. He looks back to his Pokedex. "Can we put our suits back on, me and Izzy? I guess they don't work wherever the Overseer is. But if there's gonna be someone at this anomaly thing, it's probably best they don't know who we are right away, yeah?"

Koa gestures to the recall harness. "And does that thing have tracking devices in it or anything? We probably shouldn't carry it around everywhere if it does, not unless we take them out first."

Otherwise, if everyone's set and ready to go, Koa will determine which way the anomaly is and do his best to get the group there in a timely manner.
Survival to travel towards anomaly: 5d6+2 = [6, 6, 3, 1, 1] = 19
(I'll bump that to a 21)

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Thu May 11, 2017 10:04 am

"Oh right, the suits..."

Realizing that she doesn't have the anonymity of the suit anymore, Izzy suddenly feels a lot less comfortable floating in plain sight. And with Kay unconscious, she was now going to have to actually walk everywhere...unless.....

Ten minutes later (regardless of whether the Spark let them put their suits back on or not), Izzy is sitting comfortably in Maku's giant arms. He might not be as stealthy as Kay was, but he has no trouble treking through the forest with her in his hands.

Athletics: 28

As they move towards their destination, Izzy decides to pull out her Pokedex and chat with the Spark a bit more.

"So...what do you know about Cosmog? And that place I was at, the star temple. What was up with all that?"

Perception: 17

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Thu May 11, 2017 11:18 am

Upon seeing that the third lady had a high chance of being another legendary Irene gets excited. "hmm, did you see where the lady is, or just her appereance?"

Seeing the red chain is a posion Irene frowns and asks.
"So the red chain gives you more versitiliy, but decreaess your raw strength? Also how powerful is this 'posion' are you going to eventually die from it?

If everyone elses wears the suits
Irene hesitates as she sees everyone down similiar looking suits. Staying back a little she takes a few steps before sighing and fiddeling with her pokedex trying to figure what they did. Before finally putting the suit on herself. Walking briskly to catch up with everyone before she gets to far behind.

She's still not observant.

Irene perception [2d6] = 5
Last edited by Natrivv on Thu May 11, 2017 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Thu May 11, 2017 11:47 am

Well, I was hoping the Knock Off would Knock Out, but since that didn't work, let's go back to Fury Cutter!
Accuracy=11
Power=29
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri May 12, 2017 5:35 pm

Alex, Haley

"Oh come on Sparky you obviously know what happened. Tell meeeeeses. I need to know. Why not tell me what the gold stars do now? It's going to be foreveeeeeeer before I see James' friends again."

It won't be THAT long. ;)

Depending on how long you take here, you might even get to Murkoff today still! :)

And you'll probably meet everyone there again. :)
Following this, they move to get Bjorn down, although they totally have to go up and grab him according to Haley... Alex meanwhile calls for him, and seems to get a reply coming from Bjorn that he's heading back.

Haley considers also grabbing all the scrap metal, but her pockets are not big enough to carry literal whole machine components in... Which is what everything here seems to be. I mean, sure, she could take a small metal plate or something that's lying around... Doubtful that's worth it, though.
► Show Spoiler
Koa, Irene, Izzy, Drake

"Agh... I'm gonna have a lot more questions about this stuff later, just not now."

Understandable. Like I said, I was gonna wait originally... :)

I'll be ready when you are. ;)
"It looks like we're headed for that anomaly thing, then. You wanna put on your armor before we go, just in case?"

"Yeah... Guess I will. Might have actually tried to throw a punch if I had the extra protection..."

"...Then again, maybe not. Those things were freakishly strong..."

"Can we put our suits back on, me and Izzy? I guess they don't work wherever the Overseer is. But if there's gonna be someone at this anomaly thing, it's probably best they don't know who we are right away, yeah?"

Well, usually I'd say no, since what's the point if I don't put limitations on it..? :)

But I guess in this instance it was out of your control. ;)

You have my permission to recast the spell. :)

Feel free to get Irene, too. ;)

Oh, and one more thing! :)

Had a thought about you wanting that radio. ;)

And decided to add the following couple abilities to the possible ones. ;)
The Amazing Sparks amazing additions wrote: MISC BRANCH
Personal call: 2 points. Will allow the user an additional use of the spell once per day through the use of their pokedex or other electronic device. (Can be taken multiple times)
Night vision: 2 points. Grants darkvision.
Aura vision: 4 points. Grants aura reader.

GROUP BRANCH
(Upgrades in this group can be pooled together, and are unlocked for everyone when all points are accumulated!)
Radio: 6 points. Add a radio function to everyone's suit.
Phone service: 4 points. Allows the main spell to be cast from a pokedex or another electrical device, not only the book.

"And does that thing have tracking devices in it or anything? We probably shouldn't carry it around everywhere if it does, not unless we take them out first."
Koa asks, Jeremy taking a quick moment to inspect it... Popping out a small part as he seems to give an all clear.

"It had one small tracker to signal where it got activated, I think... But nothing that looks like active tracking- Should be safe now..."

"So...what do you know about Cosmog? And that place I was at, the star temple. What was up with all that?"

Do you honestly want to know? :)

I'll tell you...

I have absolutely no idea! :)

Never seen any of his kind before, though, so he's definitely not one of the Overseer's usual minions... :)

But right now, I can only speculate! A few things it could be... Most likely it's just another creation from the Overseer, although meant to fulfill a specific purpose... :)

Or alternatively, it might even be another avatar of the Overseer himself... :O

Or, well, it might once have been part of him. Didn't seem like they were that great of buds. ;)

Or... Well, there's still a lot of stuff I don't know about that fella, I admit. :)

It's not exactly easy to find out more about him. ;)
"So the red chain gives you more versitiliy, but decreaess your raw strength? Also how powerful is this 'posion' are you going to eventually die from it?

That is a good way to put it, yes. :)

Although it's not like it's "actively" killing me right now. :)

Consider it more like I took a poison pill one time, and since then it's been mostly idle. :)

Thanks for the concern. :)
Anyways, with all that said the group is on route once more- Persistent on finding out what this "signal" is before it's too late...

Perception and athletic rolls if you've not provided them yet, please.

Phoenix

Dracula delivers another fury cutter... Knocking out the luxio!

Next up is a flaaffy.

Current song: Beat of the drum
3 turns remaining

Dracula(17/22) +3 DEF 32/80, flinched
Glowstick(chinchou)(17) KO
Butterwings(Emolga)(16)
Kanga(13/21) 73/98
Cris(13) 6/66 recalled
Mane(luxio)(10) KO
Spot(8/13) paralyzed, recalled
Major(magnemite)(5) KO
Fluff(flaaffy)(5)

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri May 12, 2017 5:46 pm

"Alright, let's keep moving, come on." Dragging Haley if need be, Alex heads in the direction indicated by Spark earlier.
My game:

My characters:

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Fri May 12, 2017 6:31 pm

Koa releases the Heavy Armor for Isabella as the group takes a few minutes to recuperate, then stores the recall harness for Drake.

After suiting up again, Koa heads out with the others!
Athletics and Perception after UB fight:
4d6+2 = [5, 3, 1, 1] = 12
2d6 = [3, 3] = 6

(Survival check was 21, above)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri May 12, 2017 7:14 pm

"Sparky you said you'd tell me waht happened....

Oh yey Genesect! Um....Anybody have a pokeball tool kit? I want to make somethings before we try to fight eith only pokeballs."

Haley per: Per [5d6+3] = 18+3 = 21

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sat May 13, 2017 4:06 am

Drake recalls all but Ghos as they go along after recasting the spell.

Ghos perception: 5d6+1 = [6, 6, 4, 3, 1] = 21
Drake athletics: 3d6 = [4, 2, 2] = 8
Drake perception: 6d6 = [6, 5, 3, 2, 2, 1] = 19
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Sat May 13, 2017 6:55 am

Turns out moving in a suit is actually harder then a dress, or any of her Pokeranger outfits...

Irene athletics [2d6] = 3
from previous post
Irene perception [2d6] = 5

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat May 13, 2017 4:11 pm

Arch Lich Burns wrote:Oh yey Genesect! Um....Anybody have a pokeball tool kit? I want to make somethings before we try to fight eith only pokeballs."[/color]
Uh.... Yes, actually. Bjorn has one. So I guess work out how many balls you want to make?
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat May 13, 2017 9:10 pm

Uh 9 great balls. 3 for each of us.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat May 13, 2017 9:33 pm

You... Don't really need to pay for us to have greatballs?
My game:

My characters: