PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Home to all current Forum Games.
Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Natrivv » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:47 pm

Code: Select all

In the middle of Matthias cult. I'll get out somehow, keep Ochrana safe!!!

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:43 am

Ghos attempts to start a psychic killing spree, targeting the bronzong with a shadowball attack. Meanwhile, Drake keeps harassing people with by flinging magic their way (blast 2). Drake will release Nox, his eevee, so it can see how a battle takes place and potentially assist.

Drake energy blast: 1d20 = 12 1d8+6+6 = 13
Ghos shadowball: 1d20 = 14 3d8+10+34+5 = 66
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:41 am

Bjorn checks back to make sure whatever it is isn't pursuing, and attempts to find a different way into the maze in search of a lever system for the door or something else of interest.

Bjorn Perception and Intuition checks:
Perception = 5D6 = [2, 2, 6, 3, 4] = 17
Intuition = 2D6 = [1, 2] = 3
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:12 am

Haley

Haley continues pushing further through the webbing... But finds it pretty clear she can't actively clear this webbing without pissing off the spiders in question- She's already getting a bunch of angry, hissing noises in her direction..!

(I'll take either acrobatics to try and avoid the webs, or an appropriate social skill to calm or scare off the spiders... You can also give me survival for gathering/crafting spider rope if you want to... Either that or retreat, of course.)

Koa, Bruce

"Kinhe tells me that psychic did mess with my memory. You're gonna tell me what she changed, yeah?"

"Again, I... Can't. At least I'm pretty sure I can't... It wasn't, well, the psychic, who did that. It's too closely linked to... The anti-meme. Look, I'm sorry if I'm being vague, but I have to if I don't want to repeat this AGAIN." she replies, but... What does she mean, "again"..?

"No, but why don't you tell us? You said it's keeping you from telling us what we wanna know? That sure is convenient, huh?"

What is an anti-meme?

"Argh, no! I would tell you if it could get me out of this mess..!" the girl almost shouts, visibly frustrated as she puts her head in her hands for a moment... Before with a deep sigh coming back up and continuing.

"Look, okay, you've probably heard of... Memes before, right?" she asks, saying the word with a noticeable bit of disdain. "Well, part of the origin of the word comes from "memetic"... As in, memetic effects. There's probably a whole lot of things that can fall under that, but for a meme it's supposed to be an "infectious thought". As in, a thought that spreads itself out."

"So, an anti-meme is the exact opposite of that... An idea that actively destroys itself. I can't tell you about the place she got taken, because by the time I've finished explaining, you've forgotten the answer AND that you even asked the question in the first place..! And if it's too big to just be forgotten, or the missing memories would raise questions, it just... Obscures itself instead. Like what happened with that psychic. PLEASE say that's not too much information..."

"Me and the others have been warded against it's effect, using a sigil... Most of the red hand hasn't, besides Angstrom and some admins..."

And What is your deal with the Red Hand?

"...I don't know the specifics. I wasn't actually a part of this whole thing when it all went down- That's been a long time ago now. But the basics are... The red hand was first. We came later. Our oracle proposed a trade with Angstrom- Aid in return for protection. And... That's how it's been for a long time, now... Angstrom has been acting... Differently, in the past week, though..."

Irene

"You know, I can't remember a tale where cheating fate did work, but plenty that faced fate head on and managed to shift it... I may not know what you do, but I believe that we can shift things towards a brighter future, It's hard no denying, but life hasn't really been easy either"

"Heh... Silly girl. What do you think I've been doing..?"

wait, wait what's all? Cause between Arceus, Giritina, Over seer, and Grimm all getting resolved tonight I know I just said things would be hard, but isn't that a little too much?

"Hehe..! Okay, maybe not everything... But, some of that, at least. MY part at least will be over... Although I hope I'll get the chance to play a more direct part in the journey my daughter is yet to make, once it is."

With that, Izzy whispers to her dex, asking a certain always present... Presence, if it could deliver a message for her... Given that her pokedex gives a little beep, it seems it's willing to oblige, at least- Leaving the two pressed against the wall, out of sight of this "Angstrom"... Until, from the corner of her eye, she notices Matthias being put into a predicament... And judging by her mother's sigh, might have taken the "do what you think is right" sentiment a bit too serious. Maybe she should have specified "logic" instead..? In each case, she doesn't seem to stop Irene from releasing Shock... But does hold a hand back when it looks like Irene, too, wants to head out into the room.

"Don't. I'll get you an exit... Just wait a moment."

Shock, meanwhile, waits for a moment to assault... Luckily, it seems that this guy likes long, winding monologues, so their chance comes pretty soon.

"Matthias. Again, allow me to clarify... I do not care about this god of yours. I won't interfere whatever your plans with him might be, and in fact, I'll stick to my..."

His words were stopped with a grunt as Shock saw his chance, and nuzzled into the man..! Although... Not seeming to do nearly as much as one could have hoped. And while Irene wasn't quite able to see the man in question just yet, Shock, at least, could...

The man was tall. Not exceptionally so, but enough that coupled with the fact he held a set of broad shoulders, an an overall "well-set" build that almost had him appear as wide as he was tall, and he would undoubtedly stick out in a crowd assuming no other oddities... Although he wasn't exactly lacking in them. His head appeared shaved, although only for a part visible. On the back, the brim of a black trenchcoat would cover all but the top, the oversized trenchcoat going all the way down to his knees and, judging by the holes, long overdue for replacement. On front meanwhile, a white mask covered the majority of his face... With the exception of his eyes that almost seemed to glow red, joined with a cutout down near his mouth, from which a long, braided beard fell down the rest of his body... One that, with the exception of luckily the trench-coat covering most of it, doesn't seem to be wearing a shirt. A pair of ragged brown pants luckily are included, held up by a rather large belt, on one side holding a large pouch, on the other, a leather-clad tome... The man also seeming to have a knack of accessories, wearing a golden amulet with a red center, a bracelet, and on one hand that was carrying a lantern that glows with a faint blue light, a couple rings as well... With something telling a random onlooker that not all of those were just for show. Perhaps the most curious thing of all, though, was the arm that held the bracelet, and perhaps the origin of the "red hand"... This arm not particularly ending in a hand, and, judging by the fact the trench-coat sleeve is actually stuffed close around the bracelet leads to believe the man lost it... Instead replaced by an array of red, glass-like shards, shaped to be a vaguely claw-like hand- It being this hand he had raised towards Mathias to lift him off the ground.

At the very least, it seemed Shock had managed to disrupt that part, the cultist dropped to the ground... And his attention simply turned to Shock instead.

The glass shards shoot out like a storm of bullets... Which luckily for the Emolga, and with an audible grunt from the man, seem to miss... Though as the glass shards retreat to reform the claw, he follows up immediately with another attack- A psychic blast knocking Shock back, and dealing 57(45) damage!

"General, Captain- On me." the man ushers, stepping forward, not even seeming to notice the paralysis at the moment... A gengar and cofigragus materializing behind him.

"Now I'm curious... Here I thought I was only going to have to reprimand your zealotry for standing in my way, but now this..? You're not stupid enough to try and bring me down with... This. What is going on?"

Angstrom is stepping towards Shock- And with it, the alcove you are all hiding in...

Koa (cont)

Meanwhile, before Koa can stow away his staff... He gets a sudden message.

Hiya buddy! :)

I got asked by Irene if you could be so kind as to have that staff activated again :)

Might want to hurry up, too. ;)
"What's going on? She's telling me to turn on this staff or something, but the other girl said something bad might happen if I grabbed it? What's the staff even do, do ya know?"

ha ha ha, she's not lying, you know! :)

But as for what the staff does... I suppose I can tell you that all it does is... Kind of act as a one-way gate. :)
Izzy, Drake

The dancer continues to cheer on her sunflora, exciting it, while Kay meanwhile drops out of the sky as the leech seeds take their final toll... Izzy "jumping" off as it falls, hoping no one notices her slow glide over to the actual stands... Where she immediately breaks out into a sweet lullaby, catching all three..! Although, the mysterious guy apparently sees the attack coming, and quickly protects himself by... Plugging his ears. Maku is released soon afterwards, to stand between her and the still very much awake suspicious guy.

"This really worth it, girl..?"

Drake meanwhile decides to blast the musician for some damage, while Ghos goes on a killin' spree- Managing to OHKO the bronzong!

The suspicious guy meanwhile, releases another pokemon up on the cramped stage... Although not really adding to the crampedness, judging by how this one floats just above the group... A drifblim!

Max meanwhile assaults the dragonair, biting down..! In response, it makes use of the still ongoing rain to strike down the dog with another thunder, KO'ing it..!

The musician starts playing a song to bolster his own, and his allies spirits... Something Jeremy doesn't manage to silence before it's too late as he throws a pester ball straight in his face..! He also releases his Hawlucha. Isabella meanwhile, recalls some of her fallen pokemon in favor of new ones- The magnemite that is released immediately attacked by a bite from the loudred..!

Nox enjoys watching the bloodshed.

The drifblim meanwhile, is ordered to attack Izzy..! Maku is quick to intercept, though, taking the ominous wind attack himself for 42(31) damage...

Betty meanwhile, only has one thing in her sight... Although finds herself blocked by the newly released magnemite, swinging at thta instead- Luckily, her attacks don't seem quite as effective against that... But you've the feeling she's more stubborn than smart. She does at least realize her current pokemon is down, sending something else out instead- A mawile.

The collector meanwhile groans, managing to wake himself up..!

With Atom still sleeping, Jeremy commands his Hawlucha instead... HAving it hit the pupitar with a critical karate chop!

The newly released Mawile meanwhile, puts it's eyes on Ghos- Biting him for 33(56) damage!

The sunflora, finally, uses growth...

Raining(2)

Dancer(36/20) +4 SPD, +1DEF/SDEF
Kay(26/21) KO
Izzy(21/16) 35/56
Hogan(21)
Drake(20/15)
Ghos(19/15) 28/84
Roselia(15) recalled
Mr. Suspicious(15) (on platform) injured +2 DEF
Pawniard(15) (on platform) very lightly injured, asleep
Max(15) recalled
Dragonair(15) heavily injured
Buzzkill(13) injured
Kirlia(11) KO
Musician(10) lightly injured, asleep
Jeremy(10)
Isabella(10)
Loudred(10) injured
Nox(10)
Drifblim(10)
Magnemite(9) KO
Betty(7) +2 ATT
The collector(5) (on platform) very lightly injured
Grin(5) recalled
Pupitar(5) heavily injured
Maku(5) 89/120
Mawile(5)
Clauncher(4)
Atom(4) 4 momentum, injured -1 SPD, asleep, leech seeded
Lairon(4) KO
Bronzong(3) KO
Sunflora(3) Excited +1ATT/SATT

Bjorn

Bjorn retreats, but does remember there was this completely different route he could take as well, for the other lever... Not to mention there might also be a way to go around the creature- Assuming it hadn't moved... But, as far as he can tell, he did manage ot get rid of it! Soon following the other trail, before he finds the lever he needs on a dead end... All he has to do is pull it, then retreat to the door, right..?

Alex

Alex sends out Tyr, while Jack ends up sending out a sandile...

sandile(18/15)
Tyr(13)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:35 am

"It's okay, I am not gong to hurt you. I am trying not to disturb you. It's okay. I am just tryng to get the idol and I won't bother you anymore."

Acro [2d6] = 8 Charm [2d6] = 10 surv [5d6+2] = 24+2 = 26

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:00 am

'Might want to hurry up', the Spark says. Well that's not good. Koa was hoping to at least make a drink to heal his bruises some, but it doesn't sound like he has the time. Rather, it doesn't sound like Irene has the time, despite her warning to get his pokemon cared for.

Koa rushes back over to the broken wall. "Bruce, Garnet, in here, quick! And you guys, too," Koa orders Rawku, Makeno, and Ochrana. With another thanks, he recalls Kinhe for now. He's not going to risk any more cultists, Red Hand, or, worst of all, that psychic lady seeing her.

"Irene just sent me a text, says she's in the middle of... your base," Koa says once everyone's in the warehouse, again dodging the word 'cultists' in front of Garnet. He steps near the staff laying on the ground. "I've been told this thing acts like a one-way portal. Irene told me to turn it on, or however this is supposed to work. She sounds like she's in trouble, so we're doing it now."

"Everyone get ready! If anyone other than Irene or her pokemon come through, we blast them with everything we got!"

Drawing his sword again and making sure his Violet Shard is securely in place this time, Koa grabs onto the staff and... well he doesn't know what to do other than brace himself and focus as hard as he can.

Focus roll against Staff: 2d6+4 = [4, 2] = 10
Call to Adventure: 1d6 = [6] = 6
(16 total)

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:17 am

"This really worth it, girl..?"

Izzy just shrugs matter-of-factly, pulling out her Fire Blaster again.

"You attacked my friend. What did you think would happen?"

Unless the Collector has some kinda change of heart, Izzy pulls the trigger and scorches his face with a Fire Blast. Meanwhile, Maku has begun to limber up - the combination of this Tailwind (+5 initiative), his Agility Training (+4), and some extra encouragement from Izzy (Agility Orders: +4) allowing him to blast out a Gust at the Collector almost immediately after Izzy's attack.

Fire Blast (AC: 9, Damage: 32) [Smite]

Gust (AC: 17, Damage: 52)
► Show Spoiler

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:24 pm

"So, an anti-meme is the exact opposite of that... An idea that actively destroys itself. I can't tell you about the place she got taken, because by the time I've finished explaining, you've forgotten the answer AND that you even asked the question in the first place..! And if it's too big to just be forgotten, or the missing memories would raise questions, it just... Obscures itself instead. Like what happened with that psychic. PLEASE say that's not too much information..."

"Me and the others have been warded against it's effect, using a sigil... Most of the red hand hasn't, besides Angstrom and some admins..."

Wha... That makes no sense. How would an idea that destroys itself even work!? If would just destroy itself in the first person's mind and then never be thought of again. And how would anybody discover a sigil to protect against a self-destroying idea? It just... it doesn't make any sense!

"...I don't know the specifics. I wasn't actually a part of this whole thing when it all went down- That's been a long time ago now. But the basics are... The red hand was first. We came later. Our oracle proposed a trade with Angstrom- Aid in return for protection. And... That's how it's been for a long time, now... Angstrom has been acting... Differently, in the past week, though..."

Probably because he's getting ready to betray you. Whoever decided to trust the Red Hand isn't very bright. Before he can say more though, he is interrupted by Koa.

"Bruce, Garnet, in here, quick! And you guys, too,"

"Irene just sent me a text, says she's in the middle of... your base," "I've been told this thing acts like a one-way portal. Irene told me to turn it on, or however this is supposed to work. She sounds like she's in trouble, so we're doing it now."

"Everyone get ready! If anyone other than Irene or her pokemon come through, we blast them with everything we got!"

Wait, what? That... sounds like a really bad idea.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:59 pm

Koa sighs, stopping himself from picking up the staff just yet. "Yeah it is, but either I do it or she does it," he says, nodding to Garnet.

He pauses at that, then turns his attention to the Summoner. "...Would you do it? You know how it works, yeah? And you said you're protected against it or something? Or can you put that sigil-thing on me so I can do it?"

"You help us out on this, with no funny business, the better it's gonna end up for ya, know what I mean?" Koa says, carefully watching Garnet's response.

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:11 pm

With that, Izzy whispers to her dex
Izzy is such a good friend she even calls for help on Irene's behalf, thank you Dusk :lol:

Lucky for Shock, Irene's blessing seems to help negate some of that harsh damage.
57(32) 8 from sage, and 5 from excited.

Don't worry, I have faith in my friends... I'm sure they'll find a way soon. I have the luxury of fleeing whenever I want... you're trapped here, so if I can provide a distraction for you while helping that fool... please let me. Irene give her mother a tight hug before dashing out.

What makes you think that fool was ever acting out of his free will? Irene does her best maniacal laugh, which does sounds like something straight out of a tv show...
Shock we've got a limited time frame, so let's show this fool what you are capable of doing!

Shock annoyed at the insult gathers electricity into a ball and launches it the man as a shimmering veil surrounds both him and Irene.

Shock electro ball [1d20] = 13 damage [2d8+42] = 8+42 = 50
Irene
light screen
cheerleader excited

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:50 am

Alex starts off with Focused Orders for +1AC, and has Tyr go for a Stomp.

Stomp:
AC = 1d20+1 = 21 (CRIT),
Damage = 2d6+10+13 = 30

Crit damage = 2d6+10 = 17
Total damage = 30+17 = 47
Sandile is Flinched.

If the Sandile attacks Tyr with a melee move, it loses a Tick of HP as Tyr's Reaction due to Prehistoric Razors.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:11 am

Ghos is not about to deal with this crap and hypnotizes the mawile before turning invisible.

Drake prepares himself for another arcane blast by changing his rainbow gem to SATK
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:55 am

"...Would you do it? You know how it works, yeah? And you said you're protected against it or something? Or can you put that sigil-thing on me so I can do it?"

"You help us out on this, with no funny business, the better it's gonna end up for ya, know what I mean?"

Yeah, let's trust the person we were just keeping prisoner a few minutes ago. And how do you know that Irene even sent the message! They could have stolen her Dex.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:09 am

"It's her. I know that for sure," Koa says, offering no further explanation.

"Like I said, we're doing this one way or the other, either I do it or she does. I know she can't teleport outta here with it, else she would have done that in the first place. So that leaves us with trusting her to bring Irene here, which... well, if she tries to turn this on us, it's gonna turn out a lot worse for her." Koa says, still giving Garnet a discerning look, still wielding his sword, in a room full of healthy pokemon.

Intuition on Garnet regarding staff plan: 5d6+4 = [6, 5, 5, 4, 1] = 25

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:59 pm

Bjorn pulls the lever, and watches. If the lever doesnt stay in the open position and slowly reverses, he pulls it and then freezes the mechanism and lever so that its stuck in the open position using Freeze Dry. He then makes his way back to the door, to see if that has made any difference.

Bjorn Athletics Check: 5D6 = [6, 6, 5, 4, 6] = 27
► Show Spoiler

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:45 pm

Still not completely satisfied with the plan, Bruce decided that he might as well see this whole crazy adventure through, and stops objecting. He motions Koa to continue.

ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:22 am

Haley

Haley pushes onwards, trying to coax the spiders... But still ends up with a lot of hissing noises, apparently not quite placating them- And the fact she isn't quite efficiently going through the webs only seems to add to their ire... At least she does collect more of the silk she does end up breaking rather efficiently, though. She's eventually in front of the idol, but with a LOT of attention on herself...

Irene

Irene offers a couple words to her mom in a reassuring tone... Before dashing out of cover- Facing the big bad that was still slowly approaching, Shock already in front..! Although his response was... Surprising.

What makes you think that fool was ever acting out of his free will?

Shock we've got a limited time frame, so let's show this fool what you are capable of doing!

The man's eyes seem to widen for a moment in surprise... Then glare.

"You again."

Before anything else can happen, though, the man grunts again as Shock sends out a nasty electro ball and... Takes no damage? It has to be doing something with the grunting noise, at least... Irene does notice that amulet he's carrying to glint, and, perhaps even slightly crack with the hit... At which point he's just as quick to retaliate against the flying squirrel, though- Bringing down a flame encased fist for 58(46) damage, completely negating the light screen Irene had tried to set up... And even while excited might remove just a bit more of that damage, he did still have his pokemon ready to strike... Although seems to hold his attack for now, simply pointing a clawed red finger at her.

"Do NOT test my patience girl..!" Angstrom commands... Before his attention seems to shift completely away from her... To her mother who had taken place besides her, Regisyke having joined at the other's side... The man ahead however, not seeming fazed.

"What is the meaning of this, Gayle..? Are you looking to openly defy me?"

The woman simply shook her head, her expression... Tense.

"You know our interests align... Anstrom. We want the same things."

The man scoffs, clawed hand seeming to ever so vaguely gesture towards Irene. "Then what is THIS..?"

"...Just because we might want the same end goal... Does not mean I might not see a better path towards it."

"Ah... So then, it is a sense of misplaced pride and arrogance..?"

Captain(Gengar)(20)
Irene(19)
Shock(17) KO
Angstrom(5)
General(Cofagrigus)(3)

Koa, Bruce

Meanwhile, at an entirely different place, panic and rushed actions are begun to be set in motion... After some initial more idle conversation, at least.

Wha... That makes no sense. How would an idea that destroys itself even work!? If would just destroy itself in the first person's mind and then never be thought of again. And how would anybody discover a sigil to protect against a self-destroying idea? It just... it doesn't make any sense!

"Yes... That's exactly how it would work. How do you think... Nevermind."

"As for how it would even get broken in the first place... Honestly, I wouldn't even know. I'm guessing it wasn't exactly easy."

"Probably because he's getting ready to betray you. Whoever decided to trust the Red Hand isn't very bright."

"I... Don't know. It could be as simple as that he couldn't act against us without risking losing control of... It, and now he does, but... It wasn't him that sent me here, at least..!"

It's at that moment Koa arrives back from the other room... Quickly ushering everyone to get ready, including Garnet who's... On their side now, apparently? At least, willing to cooperate..? Definitely still not eyeing the door occasionally..? The original plan for him to grab the staff and try to activate it, Bruce not exactly happy, but cooperating... Although one of Bruce's words does give Koa pause.

"Yeah it is, but either I do it or she does it..."

"...Would you do it? You know how it works, yeah? And you said you're protected against it or something? Or can you put that sigil-thing on me so I can do it?"

"You help us out on this, with no funny business, the better it's gonna end up for ya, know what I mean?"

The girl seems to pause for a moment... Her lips squeezing tight in apparent thought... Seems she had some potential leverage..?

(Could I have a social roll of some kind..? Bruce can try and chip in somehow if he'd like.)

Izzy, Drake

The dancer continues her dance, while ushering some simple commands to her sunflora still... Izzy doing far more interesting things.

"You attacked my friend. What did you think would happen?"

"For you to be smart enough to stand aside until it's over. But oh well."

Judging by the collector's expression, he's definitely not having a change of heart, Izzy blasting him with her blaster..! He leaves an angry grunt, even with the guy next to him blocking some of the damage with that shield of his...

"Once you're out, I'm gonna snap that fucking fancy toy in half..!"

Ghos attempts to hypnotize the mawile, but fails spectacularly. Drake meanwhile, changes his gem to SATK...

Then Maku gets to add in with his trainer... Again, the shield blocking some of the damage, but the Collector visibly annoyed/injured at the barrage of attacks none the less...

Mr Suspicious just keeps up that shield on his arm to provide some measure of cover to the collector, but now also puts his sights on Izzy... Throwing a dagger that seems like it'd have some kind of nasty effect... If it didn't miss the agile girl, much to the man's chagrin.

"What do I even pay you for?!"

Jeremy, for his part, having been maneuvering around the outside of the arena towards Izzy sees a perfect opportunity with the collector and suspicious guy right next to each other... Throwing a pester ball towards the two that catches both! Paralyzed AND giving some chemical burns... There's probably some kind of law against that, but no one's gonna care about this instance... Right?

Isabella releases her meditite- And immediately has it try and deal with the mawile, hitting with a force palm! Meanwhile holding herself ready for... Something else.

Nox likes to watch the carnage.

The loudred meanwhile, starts up an uproar against Buzzkill... But mostly to also wake up it's trainer! The man in question starting up another song to inspire his nearby allies with some more damage resistance...

Then the drifblim gets to attack, focusing on Maku- Hitting with a gust for 35(48) damage!

Atom dreams of metal sheep.

Hogan meanwhile, definitely not accidentally skipped when I finally added the tailwind bonus partway through the turn, tries to deal with the pupitar- A karate chop taking it out!

Meanwhile, Betty steps up right next to Isabella... The two exchanging glances for a moment, as if... In some kind of agreement.

"...Let's do this how it was meant to be."

"Bring it."

And with that, Betty lands a pretty nasty hit with her bat on Isabella's side- And whatever it is she's doing, she also just keeps managing to roll high enough to boost her attack with yet another CS... For her part, though, Isabella WAS ready to retaliate- Delivering a punch to the side of the girl's face...

The mawile tries to bite Ghos again, despite him having gone invisible- And succeeds, dealing 31(52) damage..!

The collector releases another pokemon- A goomy... Which immediately focuses on Izzy- Breathing dragon fire for 36(31) damage!

The sunflora meanwhile attacks Sylph for some damage...

Raining(1)

Dancer(36/20) +4 SPD, +2DEF/SDEF
Kay(26/21) KO
Hogan(26/21)
Ghos(24/15) KO
Izzy(21/16) 4/56
Drake(20/15) + SATK
Max(20/15) recalled
Maku(19/5) 46/120
Buzzkill(18/13) heavily injured
Sylph(17/12) injured
Roselia(15) recalled
Dragonair(15) heavily injured
Jeremy(15/10)
Isabella(15/10) injured
Nox(15/10)
Kirlia(11) KO
Loudred(10) injured
Musician(10) lightly injured
Drifblim(10)
Grin(10/5) recalled
Goomy(10)
Mr. Suspicious(9/15) (on platform) injured +2 DEF paralyzed
Magnemite(9) KO
Atom(9/4) 4 momentum, injured -1 SPD, asleep, leech seeded
Betty(7) +3 ATT lightly injured
Pupitar(5) KO
Mawile(5) injured
Clauncher(4)
Lairon(4) KO
The collector(3/5) (on platform) heavily injured, paralyzed
Bronzong(3) KO
Sunflora(3) Excited, Motivated +1ATT/SATT
► Show Spoiler
Alex

The sandile shoots off a sand tomb... But misses! Tyr on the other hand, manages to start off with a critical stomp...

(lights remaining: 2)
sandile(13/15) flinched, heavily injured
Tyr(13)

Bjorn

Bjorn flips the lever, and does observe that the lever stays firmly stuck in place... Which he takes as a queue to go back to the door, finding that, luckily, it seems to have opened by pulling just one of the levers..! Would the second lever even do anything..?

The maze opens yet further beyond, although he can't help but shake the feeling he might not yet be rid of... Whatever that thing was.

(Perception and intuition again...)

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:51 am

Tyr follows up with a Tackle, again boosted by Focused Orders.

AC = 1d20+1 = 12,
Damage = 1d8+8+13 = 27
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:07 am

Haley picks up the idol and goes back the way she came. "It's okay. It's okay. I am getting out here now."Acro [2d6] = 9 Charm [2d6] = 7

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:01 am

Koa groans internally as Garnet stands there, wasting precious time. Who knows what could be happening on Irene's end while this Summoner girl thinks about how to get out of her mess?

Koa tries to reign himself in, shuffling shards around in his sleeve until he feels the soothing Yellow one make contact.

"Look, do I gotta spell it out for ya? In that big fight, you never jumped in to help, yeah? You were just watching, and then your friend showed up and kidnapped ours. At least, I could say that's what happened. It's close enough, don't ya think?"

Despite the urgency of the situation, and despite Garnet's part in creating it, Koa softens his expression towards the Summoner. He practically exudes warmth and genuineness, being as Charming as he's ever been in his life, with the help of the shard in his sleeve. He even manages a little, knowing smirk as he presents his offer.

Charm on Garnet: 2d6+4 = [6, 4] = 14
Call to Adventure: 1d6 = [6] = 6
(20 total!)

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:37 pm

Izzy cries out as the flames scorch her, already beginning to feel her skin blister from the heat. Okay, maaaaaybe getting right into the middle of things was a bad idea. Where was Koa when you needed him....

Grabbing another Pokeball, she releases Nate behind her and focuses.

~Well, this is....chaotic.~

~Just wait for my signal, please...~

As Nate absorbs the "ambiance" of the arena, Izzy unleashes a powerful Flame Burst from her Blaster that roasts the Collector and scorches Mr Suspicious.

Flame Burst (AC: 20, Damage: 39) [Adjacent foes lose 5Hp]

Meanwhile, Maku gets mad. His Zen well and truly broken, he switches from using little gusts of air to his giant fists. Flying up, he slams down into his foe with deadly accuracy and speed, still boosted by Izzy's Agility Orders (Swift Action).
(Targeting priority: Collector, Mr Suspicious, Drifblim, Goomy)

Aerial Ace (Crit check: 18, Damage: 56)

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:57 pm

Bruce stands behind Koa, trying to look big. And, if you don't want to help us, well... I've had a really rough day, and I would love an opportunity to relieve some stress.

Intimidate=16

ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:29 am

"You again."
again?... wait are you GRIMM! that would explain the ghost pokemon...

"Do NOT test my patience girl..!" "Then don't interrupt a family row! Go on shoo! My and her need to have a long chat"

Irene switches out Shock for Rythem

"Ah... So then, it is a sense of misplaced pride and arrogance..?"
"Hope for a better tomorrow is not arrogance... it's hope."

Irene takes a look at gengar, and speaks to them... though poor captain would probably wish she never took notice of him.
and you what's that silly smile for, you look like a you're ready to give away candy not be support in a fight, and what kind of name is Captain anyways? You're not in charge of a ship here, you should really just leave us alone, even you don't stand a ghost of a chance. Normally Rhythem would lay a beat down on you, but feinting attacks won't do any good, I mean come on now, your just floating there! Why don't you go find some little kids to scare out of candy? get some cavities in your perfect teeth, oh wait you probably couldn't scare them anymore... and suddenly gengar just couldn't put them same heart as he usually does into attacks.

Dynamism gives Irene a +4 to her initiative so she has a 23
Irene confide [1d20] = 18 Gengar has a -1 sp. atk
Rythem has +2 to evasion +4 to save checks and is excited

Rythem unfortunately fails to put the Cofagrigous to sleep Rythem hypnosis [1d20] = 5

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:39 pm

Bjorn presses on into the maze. If the eerie feeling persists, Bjorn keeps spinning around to check behind him and see if he can spot anything sneaking up on him.

Bjorn Perception check: 5D6 = [3, 3, 6, 4, 1] = 17
Intuition check: 2D6 = [1, 6] = 7
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:42 pm

Alex

The sandile rushes up, biting down for 38(23) damage, and also flinching Tyr... Before going in with a tackle that barely manages to knock out the sandile!

Next up is a scraggy.

(lights remaining: 2)
sandile(13/15) KO
Tyr(8/13) 38/61 flinched
scraggy(5)

Haley

Haley tries to ignore the spiders as much as she can, trying to make reassuring noises... As she reaches out for the idol... And ends up attacked!

A good dozen of the spiders shoot their web all at once- And while not all of it hits, more than enough do to leave Haley completely trapped and stuck..! A chuckling laughter comes from the webs above...

"Oh, dearie me... Did someone get stuck in my webs..?"

Koa, Bruce

"Look, do I gotta spell it out for ya? In that big fight, you never jumped in to help, yeah? You were just watching, and then your friend showed up and kidnapped ours. At least, I could say that's what happened. It's close enough, don't ya think?"

"Well... I don't think they really care about that. They'll just..." the girl starts, although doubtful... Before Bruce also chips in.

And, if you don't want to help us, well... I've had a really rough day, and I would love an opportunity to relieve some stress.

"Ah..! Okay, okay..! I'll do it. Not like I got anything to lose..." she let's know, albeit with a deep sigh... Gesturing to have the staff handed to her already.

Irene

again?... wait are you GRIMM!

"Ah, clever, at least... Either that, or someone here was already telling you all about me- In an attempt to undermine me..."

"Then don't interrupt a family row! Go on shoo! My and her need to have a long chat"

"Under any other circumstance I'd gladly comply... But not now. Although, if you keep pushing your luck, you may yet have plenty of opportunity to talk- Once you're captured like the others."

"Hope for a better tomorrow is not arrogance... it's hope."

"Ah, hope... What a noble sentiment I am too old to really car for. Embrace it- I'd dare not to take it. But that's not what this is about..." the now revealed Grim scowls as his gaze seems to turn back to Gayle, who is... Almost infuriatingly calm about everything that's happening.

"You... What game ARE you playing..? You say you want the same goal as me, but in different ways..? What IS your end game..?" Grimm starts, pausing for a moment... Before seeming to chuckle.

"You consider me a pawn just as well, don't you..? You must. You wouldn't have helped me slip on this little amulet if I don't play some role in this grand scheme of yours." Grimm speaks, briefly lifting the amulet that had blinked several times with Irene hitting "Angstrom".

"But not only that... You drag your own daughter in as yet another pawn. And you expect all these things to somehow come together, somehow, exactly as you had planned..? Many would consider MY plan convoluted... But you?" the possessed man chuckles again. "You're worse."

"You know that's not how prophecies work, Grimm. Had I any choice in this matter, I'd be doing things far differently."

"Ah, yes, and so we arrive back at the root of the problem... This is YOUR prophecy, woman. Yours alone... You could be wrong. Or you could simply be misguided."

"Your intent may be pure... But I will not risk my plan over it."

"Your own pride and arrogance gets in the way of that, huh?"

Ouch. Burn. Guess we know what side of the family Irene gets that from, now..? Speaking of which- An now already peeved Grimm gets even more peeved off when Irene starts insulting "Captain", a look of hurt and confusion becoming evident... Mostly confusion, but still- An angry glare coming from "Angstrom" as now it is Irene who finds herself forced into the air- Held up by telekinetic force several feet in the air.

"If you continue to push your luck like this, we will be continuing our chat after you wake up from a LONG nap, girl..!"

Captain(Gengar)(20) - 1 SATT
Irene(19)
Shock(17) KO
Angstrom(5)
General(Cofagrigus)(3)

Izzy, Drake

While the last of the rain peters out, the battle continues... The dancer cheering, while Hogan dives after the mawile- But misses. Izzy meanwhile, left on the platform in rather dire straits... But releases Nate to hopefully help with that, should it come down to it. She shoots straight at the collector... But finds her attack intercepted by the suspicious guy as he gets shoved aside!

Drake meanwhile unleashes another arcane storm on the collector and his henchman... The latter wanting to push the former out of the way, but little use to that when the blast is too big to be dodged... And then knocks him out! The suspicious guy himself is saved by the drifblim descending and knocking him out the way, taking no damage from the normal based attack.

"Ugh... I guess that's what the boss gets for wanting a rush job."

Were the suspicious' guy last words when Maku was now PISSED... And finished the job Drake couldn't do- Knocking him out!

Buzzkill meanwhile, deals with the dragonair- Another metal attack taking it out before it can pull any more nasty stunts. Jeremy moves closer towards the platform, but just commands his pokemon for now- The VIP platform already turning into a messy cluster, by the looks of things... While Isabella meanwhile, punches Betty again- Picking up some kind of momentum...

Nox hopes to see someone die today.

An angry loudred stomps over to the already heavily injured Buzzkill, bites down- Knocking it out! The musician for his part, gets Hogan in his sight... But fails putting him to sleep!

The Goomy, while not SUPER devoted, still seems a bit peeved the boss that probably spoils it with treats got knocked out... And focuses his anger on the one that did it- Pulsing draconic aura from afar for 32(26) damage!

Betty meanwhile, swings... And misses.

The mawile tries to deal with Hogan, who's bothering it- Grabbing it in a vice grip for some damage... It gets joined in by the sunflora, though, as one of the few pokemon still down on the arena, rather than topside where all the fun seems to be happening... But ALSO fails trying to put the pesky bird to sleep!

Dancer(36/20) +4 SPD, +2DEF/SDEF
Nate(27/22)
Kay(26/21) KO
Hogan(26/21) injured
Ghos(24/15) KO
Izzy(21/16) 4/56
Drake(20/15) + SATK 52/78
Max(20/15) recalled
Crowley(20/15)
Maku(19/5) 46/120
Buzzkill(18/13) KO
Sylph(17/12) injured
Roselia(15) recalled
Dragonair(15) KO
Jeremy(15/10)
Isabella(15/10) injured
Nox(15/10)
Kirlia(11) KO
Loudred(10) injured
Musician(10) injured, confused
Drifblim(10)
Grin(10/5) recalled
Goomy(10)
Mr. Suspicious(9/15) (on platform) KO
Magnemite(9) KO
Atom(9/4) 4 momentum, injured -1 SPD, asleep, leech seeded
Betty(7) +3 ATT injured
Pupitar(5) KO
Mawile(5) injured
Clauncher(4)
Lairon(4) KO
The collector(3/5) (on platform) KO
Bronzong(3) KO
Sunflora(3) Excited, Motivated +1ATT/SATT
► Show Spoiler
Bjorn

Bjorn continues pushing onwards, although unable to push off the feeling that there's SOMETHING still in these halls... But doesn't manage to catch sight of it, continuing through the tunnels until he finds something in one of the dead ends. It looks like... A mirror shard? Broken, and kind of fogged up... It's also at this point that he comes to hear something. It sounds like... Wailing, sobbing, from somewhere else in the maze...

Something tells him he should not try to find out whatever it may be.