PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Home to all current Forum Games.
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Post by Dusk9 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:27 am

Izzy's relief at catching the Honchkrow is dampened somewhat when she realises what happened behind her, Kay nursing her bruised wing. And she's especially annoyed when she sees the Z-Crystal held in that Murkrow's claws.

"Hey! You give that back right now, mister!"

~If the Murkrow hangs around until Izzy's turn~

Staring down the Murkrow with a stern, motherly gaze, Izzy whistles a soft lullaby under her breath in an attempt to lower it's guard.

Sing (AC: 12+1 = 13)

~If the Murkrow tries to fly away~

"Hey, get back here!"

After running to grab her stuff (including the ball holding the Shadow Honchkrow) Izzy vaults onto Kay's back with practised ease. The Noibat then spreads her wings and takes to the air, chasing down the thieving bird.

Acrobatics: 18
► Show Spoiler

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:56 am

Bjorn snorts at the other two conversing excitedly about understanding pokemon, secretly jealous that he is now the odd one out. He turns to Luna, and gives a her a little squeeze on her shoulder. "Well done, you! Nice pokemon. I know we're pokemon trainers and we battle, but not all our mons were taken by force. Many pokemon out there are just like us, they long for adventure, and something more than their simple existence. Quite a few of my pokemon chose to come with me, like orphaned little Grunt! I couldn't get rid of the guy! We've been together for years. I think you'd have a very special team, if all your pokemon chose to be with you from the start, and you didn't need to capture any with force."
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:19 am

Haley, Alex, Bjorn

The party continues onward! Travel seeming relatively peaceful,joined with some idle chatter... Which consists out of Alex confirming to himself that he must be going insane, and Haley teasing him that her sudden ability to talk to grass pokemon is "better". Bjorn rolls his eyes at all that, and just talks to Luna instead...

"Well done, you! Nice pokemon. I know we're pokemon trainers and we battle, but not all our mons were taken by force. Many pokemon out there are just like us, they long for adventure, and something more than their simple existence. Quite a few of my pokemon chose to come with me, like orphaned little Grunt! I couldn't get rid of the guy! We've been together for years. I think you'd have a very special team, if all your pokemon chose to be with you from the start, and you didn't need to capture any with force."

"Heh... Thanks. Yeah... I suppose I've never been a fan of all that and... Well, I suppose quite literally in my last life, I didn't have the option to do it anyways. But I might as well grab any opportunities offered to me now, no..?"

As the party continues further, the Spark "helpfully" announces that they should be getting close to the point of origin, as narrow as it could be pinpointed... Nobody is seeing anything in particular just yet, though, as you've traveled back into some lighter forest... Everyone but, surprisingly enough, Alex that is- Who can see some light up ahead, although as you approach you get the sense you might not be alone.

((Roll perception, and stealth if you wish to approach stealthily... Or any other fitting roll.))

Koa

Koa decides to move on stealthily, hoping that he might outmove it and once again lose it simply by being stealthy enough... And while he is most definitely silent enough to not be heard, it appears that in his panic he's completely oblivious to the walls around him beginning to "glow", signalling the creature's approach... All but up until the point he becomes aware of something rapidly running behind him..!

Roll either athletics or acrobatics to escape before it reaches you... Or something else..?

Irene

Well the whole thing of giving people nightmares that contain seeds of prophecy... I expected something more sage like Honestly.

"Heh. He CAN be pretty sage like at times, whenever he feels the need to be serious about something."

"It's just that the remaining ninety percent of the time, he's a goofball."

"Darkrai trusted you with the Nightmare Urn, an item that can be abused by playing on peoples fears. If I couldn't figure out from that you're trust worthy, I'd be in serious trouble."

"I could be lying about that, though. The whole story could have been made up..."
is all Jack states, perhaps being a bit of a "cautious paranoid"... Before the battle begins! The first pokemon Jack sends out a Mightyena...

(31/21)Etoile 73/73
(14)Mightyena

Izzy

Surprisingly enough, Izzy's statement to "drop it" falls on deaf ears... Even if the whole thing with their "leader" was a bust, it still seemed like it had something shiny to make it worth the while, after all!

It moves away, Kay slashing at it for some damage as it does... But it's not until that Izzy gives chase on Kay after collecting her items, managing to keep up, that the bird decides that maybe it isn't worth the effort... Dropping the Z-crystal as it would end up landing in a rubbish bin below, before taking to the high skies itself..!

Izzy earns 200 exp to distribute among her pokemon!
Izzy has captured a lvl 40 proud shadow honckrow with super luck, confidence, and moxie!

It knows the following moves...

Shadow Sky:

Daily x2: Starts a ??? rain for a duration of 5 turns. All but shadow pokemon take one tick of HP damage each round, and must perform a DC 7 madness check.

Shadow storm
EOT - DB 9 - Shadow type/Special - Ranged 6, blast 2 - Targets hit must perform a DC 10 madness check.

Shadow blast
At will - DB 9 - Shadow type/Physical - Ranged 8 1 target - Target hit must perform a DC 13 madness check.

Her dex seems to be ringing...
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:27 am

Haley sees no point of sneaking, it wasn't her strong suit anyways so she'll look around for anything unusual.
[5d6+3] = 20+3 = 23+2 if archived.
Edit: Surv to find the path of least resistance (the quietest) Surv [5d6+2] = 12+2 = 14
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by Arch Lich Burns on Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:49 am

Gah!

Koa pivots, building a small stone in his hand, ready to throw a Rock Tomb! At the last second, though, caution gets the better of him, and he instead throws the stone behind Lantern Head! Hopefully the sound will distract it long enough for Koa to make his (silent) escape!

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:18 am

Cursing, Izzy has Kay descend to the ground. As she carefully roots through the garbage with one hand, searching for the crystal, she pulls out her 'dex with the other and answers it.

"Hello? Who is it?"

Perception (to find Z-Crystal): 14

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:28 pm

► Show Spoiler
Alex holds up his hand to signal the others, deciding to try using his new skills, <Hold up. There are people ahead. I can't tell whether they're going to be hostile, so stay on guard and try not to alert them until we get a look at what we're up against.>

Perception: 2, Stealth: 3
:roll: Well that was some amazingly bad rolling.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:19 pm

Well, those teeth look scary, so get some distance and show off your defensive stance! We've got this in the bag!

Etoile flies up 6 meters in the air creating some distance from the big pokemon, and uses reflect to create a shimering field on her body creating some armour to brace against some hits. Though that seems to only hint at the capabilities unleashed by the shield.

Irene
Commander's voice
► Show Spoiler
(31/21)Etoile 73/73 +1 def, +1 evasion, + 2 save checks, reflect(2), excited(1), motivated(1), cheered(1)
(14)Mightyena
► Show Spoiler

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:34 am

Phoenix takes a sip from the first drink, then hesitates for a second, before taking a sip from the second drink.

Guile=8
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:44 am

Bjorn quietly drops onto all fours and crawls his way through the undergrowth.

Perception: 5D6 = [6, 2, 6, 2, 2] = 18
Stealth: 3D6 = [5, 4, 5] = 14
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:42 pm

Haley, Alex, Bjorn

The party continues to move onwards, some not bothering to sneak, some trying and failing, and only Bjorn seeming to have some modicum of stealth... And while Haley might be paying close attention to the area ahead, as is Bjorn, Alex is having issues... This "glow" he noticed before becoming brighter and brighter as they get near the source... At a certain point starting to feel like he's staring into a sun if he continues trying to watch much longer. A multi-colored sun that seems to shift colors almost erratically, but a sun none the less.

It does help point them in the right direction, though, as Haley tries to go for the most "covert" path there... Approaching with nothing special to see at first, before something most definitely metallic slowly came in view, the black paint having just the barest hint of a sheen, yet somehow having managed to stay rather "covert" for now as it had landed in a small clearing... Closer inspection showing it to be a rather militaristic looking helicopter, if one built to be agile rather than bulky... As Haley just barely manages to spot the person sitting inside it- Bald, and imposing, but not anyone she recognizes... Until Bjorn spots the figure in there as well- Recognizing it to definitely be one of the Euler goons. There seems to be more movement from behind the helicopter, which is where Alex is reporting the "glow" is coming from, too... Luna reports not seeing anything special, as somehow you've not been spotted yet... Or at least don't see any movement indicating you have.

Koa

Koa panics, and briefly considers blasting the monster in it's face... But eventually changes his mind at the last split second, instead shooting behind it..! The beast turns to a sudden, abrupt halt at the sound, feet almost screeching on the floor beneath it, as it does a complete 180... And smashes against the wall behind it headfirst as it charges towards the source of the sound. Showing just a brief moment of being dazed before continuing it's ravenous search... Which luckily seems to now be in another direction.

He's not sure if that trick is going to work twice, though... Hopefully he'll find something else to keep it off should there be a second encounter...

Izzy

Luckily, finding the crystal back proves to not be too hard, and mostly just be a bit nasty... Answering her phone to find it not to be a call, but rather, a "friend" reaching out.

Code: Select all

Hey. :)

I guess I'm just sending this message to ask if... You're alright? :)

And...

To apologize. I suppose.
Irene

Jack gives a thoughtful groan at the buffs being unleashed in just one turn... Eventually seeming to decide on recalling his mightyena in favor of a murkrow.

(31/21)Etoile 73/73 +1 def, +1 evasion, + 2 save checks, reflect(2), excited(1), motivated(1), cheered(1)
(16)Murkrow
(14)Mightyena recalled

Phoenix

Phoenix takes a first, decent sip, not even tasting the poison in the otherwise okay drink... It must either blend in well with the alcohol, or be completely tasteless- A silent killer, in each case... As with a little bit of hesitation, he moves to drink the second one as well. The girl meanwhile seems to give him a smile that one could consider "comforting", if it weren't joined by her thousand yard stare that just made it rather... Creepy. Her eyes squinting just the littlest bit as he drinks...

"Hmm hmm, clearly a natural..! So tell me pretty boy, what exactly are you working here for?"

And as she asks that question, Phoenix also can't help but notice that Midas doesn't seem to have done anything about the poison he just drank...

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:37 pm

"This is... Bad. Uuuh, can we stand to just let them be? How many do you guys count? And can anyone see what's behind the helicopter? It's... It's actually painful to look at. An intense aura, I'm guessing something like that is either a mass of people would couldn't fit in that space, or somebody incredibly powerful."
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:03 pm

"A bald and imposing guy? Don't know who he is but he does not look military yet manning a military chopper. He's looking for something. Maybe the fissure. Maybe something else. But I am pretty sure it's not us."

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:11 pm

Now that Koa's got some breathing room, Koa goes back to searching this part of the maze for... he doesn't know. Something.

Intuition and Perception in Lantern Head's maze 2:
5d6+4 = [6, 6, 6, 3, 1] = 26
2d6 = [4, 2] = 6

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:12 pm

"We've dealt with them before. Goons for the godslayers. They seem identical, and are willing to use their weapons if they have to... The godslayers. Oh god, that intense glow, is it another of the gods?"
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:15 pm

"I don't know, I can only see the man. Should we do something? Only flying pokemon I have on me is Rhem..."

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:41 pm

"If they find out you have her there will be no end to it... Maybe I could send Gwen out to have a look?"
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:11 pm

"Yes. If she's stealthy."

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:21 pm

"Hopefully they'll overlook a bug flying around... Wait, I'm an idiot. Dusk can turn invisible."

Alex brings out Dusk, giving her some instructions, "I need you to go invisible and check what's on the other side of the helicopter, then come back. If there's any danger, though come straight back."

Invisibility + Dead Silent = no stealth check?
My game:

My characters:

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:46 am

Bjorn whispers, "Yup, send Dusk and I'll help with Sneak, my sneasel. I can only see the pilot. I think we know enough of these guys now that we can't let them be. Whatever they're up to is bad."

Bjorn sends out Sneak, who utilises his Stealth ability to slither closer to the helicopter, should they want to ambush the pilot.
► Show Spoiler

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:49 am

Sparky? What's going on? I'm fine, but what the hell was that thing?!

...and apologise for what?
Izzy sighs and rubs her forehead, noticing a flash of pain as she does so. Wincing, she checks her arms - the exposed skin was red and patchy, rubbed raw by whatever strange wind and rain the Honchkrow had whipped up. Combined with the electrical burns she'd suffered fighting those Joltik earlier, which had left criss-crossing webbed patterns on her legs, and she probably looked like crap.

Back to the Pokecenter it is!

After depositing Kay and Bugsy for healing, she sheepishly checks herself in too, answering any questions about her injuries with the answer "Pokemon".

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:24 pm

I guess it would be odd for you to just let me power up till it's convient for me. Irene smiles unapolegticly "Etoile, coment punch show them what you're made of!"
Etoile happily obliges deeming the bird to be a worthy foe, and showing Irene how lucky she was that her arm wasn't even more bruised from the punches earlier.
"That's right, just like that!" Irene cheers on motivating the punching bug even more.
► Show Spoiler
five strike [1d8] = 8 (this means it's a db of 10 right? 2x5?)
Etoile comet punch [1d20] = 10 [3d8+35] = 12+35 = 47

(31/21)Etoile 73/73 +1 def, +1 evasion, + 2 save checks, reflect(2), excited(1), motivated(2), cheered(1)
(16)Murkrow
(14)Mightyena recalled

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:19 am

Haley, Alex, Bjorn

"This is... Bad. Uuuh, can we stand to just let them be? How many do you guys count? And can anyone see what's behind the helicopter? It's... It's actually painful to look at. An intense aura, I'm guessing something like that is either a mass of people would couldn't fit in that space, or somebody incredibly powerful."

"I.... Still can't see anything myself. I'm not hearing anything in particular either, though..."

"A bald and imposing guy? Don't know who he is but he does not look military yet manning a military chopper. He's looking for something. Maybe the fissure. Maybe something else. But I am pretty sure it's not us."

"We've dealt with them before. Goons for the godslayers. They seem identical, and are willing to use their weapons if they have to... The godslayers. Oh god, that intense glow, is it another of the gods?"

"I don't know, I can only see the man. Should we do something? Only flying pokemon I have on me is Rhem..."

"If they find out you have her there will be no end to it..."

"If they find out about our cargo here, there will be no end to that as well." Luna points out- Indicating the heavy bag holding the previously found artifact.

"Maybe I could send Gwen out to have a look?"

The party continues conversation for a little while longer, until Alex realizes he's an idiot and could just have Dusk literally walk up while invisible... As Bjorn adds that he'll have his own pokemon sneak closer too, just in case they plan to do an ambush. Both manage to get close as, while the Euler seems to give the occasional pause to look in your general direction as if scanning for others, his attention is mostly directed to what's happening on the other side... Dusk coming back not too much later, with a report.

"There's some guy in a white coat back there, together with some girl in robes. A bipedal pokemon that looks like a fighting type, with a spike on it's chest and hands, another one of those grunts... Seem to be messing around with some kind of machine. Nothing besides that."

Koa

Koa continues his search, eventually seeming to across something of interest... Led by his intuition, mostly, as his perception had him miss the blue glow initially, until he came closer... And figuring out that it is not in fact this "Lanternhead" again, but something else... Approaching what seems to be a dead end to find a black candle, it's light glowing the same blue he had seen from the monster... He's pretty sure that this thing is in some way going to be related. Is it like... A power source..?

Izzy

The response to Izzy seems... Almost instantaneous, but not quite like usual.

Right... You probably wouldn't know.

Well... Don't worry about it. :)

It's not like...

No. I should at least be honest about this.

The truth is...

I created the shadow pokemon.

Not... Intentionally. It's just...

Near the end of the war. I was still... Different. People asked, and I obliged. I gave with little question.

And this time, they asked for... Something big. 

A bomb. A bomb with... Terrifying implications.

But as I gave them this, it became more than just that. All that hate that fueled their desires... It got... Imbued, within that thing.

So when it hit... It did more than just turn Orre into a wasteland. It changed something. There where the bomb hit... All those negative emotions still linger.

Cipher was first to discover it. They weaponized it. Eventually, they got beat down, with a little bit of my help.

But it wasn't enough. Even without Cipher... That place still seems to birth it's vile creations.

I'm not sure HOW one of them got all the way here, though... Except to... Well...

It's not like I control them. Far from it. Rather it's more like... It's serving as an eternal reminder of a mistake I can not take back. Coming back to taunt me in any way it can.

I think that moment, you know, back when they used that device... I think that was the moment I began to change and realize it was not really what I am.

I suppose... All I want to say is that I consider this my responsibility still, somewhat.

So... Sorry. Again.
With that, Izzy heads straight back into the pokemon center- And gets maybe one or two curious stares, but only a headshake as she "explains" the cause, seeming to find it a more than sufficient answer. They treat the superficial wounds for free, healing her to full HP, and offer her a bandage to help the healing process if needed.

Irene

Etoile starts off by delivering a nasty punch- Already bringing it down to low health as it retaliates with a peck for 52(45) damage, as Etoille uses one of his reflects to survive being knocked out..! (Or so I presume, at least.)

(31/21)Etoile 28/73 +1 def, +1 evasion, + 2 save checks, reflect(1), excited(1), motivated(2), cheered(1)
(16)Murkrow heavily injured
(14)Mightyena recalled

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:21 am

A power source? Koa's not entirely sure what prompted that idea, as he looks upon the blue flame. It was more a gut-feeling than anything. The more he thought about it, though... what else could this candle be? It's obviously related to Lantern Head, somehow. Also, unlike the broken mirror in the other half of the maze, this candle was sitting on an altar of some kind in this monster's part of the maze. That must mean the candle is important to it, right? It could just have a fascination with candles, but it can't be a coincidence that it has a blue flame, just like the lantern. The monster's blind, after all, so it can't have done that on purpose.

In any case, 'power source' or no, this candle's obviously important. Koa will take the candle with him, careful not to let the flame go out.

He then gets back to searching this part of the maze. If this monster's lair is the same as the static lady's, there should be one more candle? To match the two mirror pieces? At least, he hopes that's the case, and Lantern Head doesn't have a dozen candles scattered about....

Intuition and Perception in Lantern Head's maze 3:
5d6+4 = [6, 5, 4, 2, 2] = 23
2d6 = [2, 1] = 3

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:19 am

"Lucario. That fighting pokemon is a lucario. I don't know about anything else. Nor about the machine without details." Haley looks at Alex. "What do we do?"