PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Home to all current Forum Games.
SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by SuperVaderMan » Wed Aug 25, 2021 1:27 pm

Koa freezes in place as Pandora makes her appearance, and glances around up towards the ceiling, half expecting the Overseer's claw to come tearing through the fabric of reality any second. Koa taps on the pokedex in his pocket and hopes that the Spark knows to keep a low profile, or at least as low a profile as a near-omniscient entity can.

Only after a tense few moments, and after the initial barrage of questions on how Pandora knew how to find this place, does Koa consider the lore being dumped regarding the Missingno. and what's being done about the Overseer. Or rather, what isn't being done.

"No plan? What do ya mean there's no plan? The Godslayers wanted to make a world a paradise, didn't they? At least that's what they said?" Koa asks, careful not to let slip he's currently talking to Pandora here. "So, what, they wanna make a paradise that's only gonna last for a little while, then let the Overseer do whatever it wants? 'Cause that sounds like a really bad plan to me!"

"...But the Spark seems to think there's something we can do. And from the sounds of it, that Goser guy thinks so, too, yeah?"

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:46 pm

The Temple

After the initial bout of surprise came, rightfully so, the sudden questioning of how the girl even appeared there in the first place- And secondly, how they could even trust her. The girl again lightly tilting her head, letting out a simple "Oh, that," as if it were the most casual thing in the world. Eyes briefly seeming to stare nowhere in particular, before focusing again on the group.

"Oh, right. My name is Pandora. The girl frozen in time. It's nice to meet you. As to answer your question... I was watching, not long after the alarms started going off. Among the many things I have been blessed by... The weight of these artifacts, allows me to see them, if I just close my eyes."

"But the short of it is, we were watching. Planning to intervene if you were going to hurt Ruby... But otherwise, Prometheus saw an opportunity to follow you straight to your base. And I saw the spell you used. So it would not be hard to deduce," she spoke, pausing for just a second. Her gaze turning downcast.

"...Which is why I told him, it was some kind of Spark thing, and I had no clue where you went."

"Wait- Hold up!" Ruby speaks up, suddenly, trying to bolt up a bit from her position... And almost collapsing. One of her legs is clearly still mostly busted.

"So you're on their side? You're not here to rescue me!?" the girl cried out, clearly indignant. Pandora's head drooped a bit as she responded.

"...I would not go as far as to say that I am on their side, but... Sorry, Ruby," she spoke, glancing back up toward the trainers.

"Honestly, I'm not quite sure what I even want. I just know... The path Prometheus is taking. How goes the saying... The path to hell, is paved on the best of intentions."

"...Not that that is his plan, of course, nor do I think it will be what we would end up with, but... This is not how things should end."

"But I have your medicine here," Pandora spoke, now holding forward the simple box. "I would rather you need not worry about that."

"...The only reason you came here. Was to bring medicine."

"Mostly. I could go to your room perhaps, if you'd like. Grab your gameboy, some of your posters about sailo-" Pandora started, only to be quickly interrupted by Ruby yelling at her to not talk about that. Pandora simply tilting her head, and shrugging.

Not that the trainers were going to take "just visiting" as an answer, of course. And Koa holds further questions. If the Godslayers plan is to make paradise, would leaving the Grand Overseer not ruin that vision? Or at least make it a shortsighted one? Ruby herself doesn't seem to have answers to that, though Pandora does. Even if it is joined with an almost apathetic shrug.

"No plan exists at the present. Mostly because we do not know of any way to fight it. But we know that someday in the future, we might need to, perhaps."

"If some did not think there might be other options, too. If perhaps the Grand Overseer's energy, could be used for our own gains. Part of the reason, I do not hold a terrible amount of hope of Goser's "solution"..."

"...But I do want to hope. If the Spark believes there has to be a way, and he too... Maybe there is something to be done."

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:12 pm

"How? We were in the submarine and there were no cameras

....And why should we trust your word? ....Are you trying to stop him from killing the gods, because if you are...I...hmm I don't exactly trust you, but if what you say is true then....Isn't there a better way of doing so? Have you tried talking to him?

! I just thought of something, what if killing the gods weakens our world? And what good intentions are there to killing someone?Even if they abandoned us there is no reason to kill them.

But Ruby has a point, why won't you take her back? You could just lie and say we left her somewhere to be collected or something.

....And this is not our base...."

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:14 pm

Koa considers Pandora carefully as Haley asks her own questions. There was something she was hiding, but that's all Koa could tell for sure.

"...Look, I get that you're probably feeling conflicted. I get that this Prometheus guy's a good friend of yours, and neither of you'd still be here if it weren't for him, yeah? I get that he's probably done a lot of good for a lot of people since he came outta that portal. But that doesn't make wrongs into rights, yeah? We can talk about whose side we're on, or what the god-pokemon could be doing to help folks, but no matter what else you think I'm pretty sure we all know that doesn't suddenly make it OK to murder people for some 'Greater Good' or whatever he's planning."

"If you wanna keep not being involved then that's fine, I guess, and thanks for not giving us away. But as far as I know, you're closer to Prometheus than anybody. If anyone knows what he's up to, it'd be you, yeah? We just gotta know what that is. We don't wanna hurt the guy, we just wanna stop your friend from doing something... terrible."

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:40 am

The Temple

Conversation continues, starting with a continued line of questioning from Haley. To the question of "how", does Pandora seem to apologize, realizing she at least has no prior experience with her.

"Apologies, we've not met before, have we? It is a long story, but... I hold several special powers," she noted, eventually seeming to intentionally skip both the usage of "blessed" and "cursed".

"Quite honestly, I don't even know their extent... But at least one of them is the ability to look upon any place I have been before, teleport to them if I am given a minute to prepare. You could have done little to prepare against that, I admit. There's also the roar... But I prefer not using it."

"And, I'm not sure if I have anything I can do to prove I'm not lying. But at least I did not bring anyone here? And..." she trailed off for a moment, as if thinking. Not for long. It seemed like she was already pretty sure on her stance, there.

"Prometheus plans to kill the gods, so he can then absorb their essence. With that, he would hold the authority to control the artifacts himself. But... Not only do I feel like that is not right, but it would also force him to stay, too. How could he go home, after all, if he were to be the only one with the power to control these things?" she states, briefly adding that this at least has nothing to do with "stability". At least, not directly. And, perhaps, avoiding the question on whether or not she has talked to him before... The question of taking back Ruby, however, seems to catch the girl a bit off guard, though she soon answered.

"Well... I could, if you are okay with that. But I would not presume you to allow it, fearing she would tell what happened. So... I think first Ruby would have to trust me in that... I care about Prometheus. I really, really do. I care about the world, too, and I just want the best for everyone and everything. And in the start, I felt right at home with Prometheus plans, but... That was a long time ago. So believe me when I say I did not reveal these people because I wish to stab him in the back."

"...And secondly, you would need to trust in Ruby to keep up the story. It seems far too big of a request."

Next, Koa gets his own say, commenting that no matter what has happened, any amount of goods does not right such wrongs. Pandora nods only silently, as Koa continues, stating that they have to know what the actual end goal of his is. She pauses, for a long time, head downcast. Then slowly raised it back up.

"...The chamber of ancients. There is a door there. One that requires every last artifact to open," she started. Grimm briefly looked like he wanted to interrupt, stating his own thoughts, but eventually kept his mouth shut. He would not know the answers that Pandora had.

"In ancient times, it was a meeting place for the Gods. According to what information we found in the place, the door was created by Arceus, as he left this world. To be opened, if they were left with no other option."

"Prometheus believes... Hopes, that behind it, is a solution of some kind. Some way to fix the world. If it's not, he claims he would leave it alone. There are other plans, albeit a great many still require the artifacts."

"...But some part of me fears that beyond that door lies only ruin. Or what if there's no closing it, once it is open?"

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:27 pm

Absorb the god-pokemons' essence? Is that what happened to Regifae? Koa has his doubts, considering what it looked like. The Babylonian knights were supposed to have bright sun blades, weren't they? And that dark sword certainly didn't look like that....

"Chamber of the ancients, huh?" Koa asks. This is the first time he's ever heard of such a thing. He looks to Grimm. "You know anything about that? What's behind this... super door, or whatever it is?"

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:32 am

"Ah, so the psycho who comes from a world where they immediately assume all living things on our world are demons wants to become the ultimate god. This surely can't go wrong at all. He's absolutely not trying to destroy our entire planet and eradicate all life."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:40 am

”....That isn’t even the case is it? It seems he can’t use the artifacts after killing a god...otherwise you guys would have been able to use the fairy artifact.”

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Aug 29, 2021 3:55 pm

The Temple

Alex's statement seems to be the one thing that for once seems to get some kind of reaction out of Pandora. Even if it is only slightly furrowing her brow. "It is true when I first met him, he was very confused about the nature of this world. But he learned that we are something quite different from a demon, still. What you propose I can assure you is false," she spoke, before turning to Haley, expressionless again as she answered her statement.

"And no. If it were that simple, every temple would have provided a key. Regifae does not hold any authority over the fairy box. For all intents, it is but a golem. A very powerful one, but still."

"...Being quite honest, I am not even certain if even, what was her name again... Diancie?" she asks, ever so subtly seeming to glance toward Koa, if only for a fraction of a second.

"Anyway, if even they, or only Xerneas, holds authority. And the highest pantheon, too, presumably."

Koa meanwhile, directs himself to Grimm, who seems to shrug.

"I have heard of the room of course, and the gate as well. Although each time I've tried to inquire into it's purpose, I've been stonewalled. Seems now the reason may be that even Regigigas himself may not know fully."

"Still... I do disagree somewhat with your assessment," the ghost spoke, glowing eye floating back in Pandora's direction. "By all means, it sounded as if the gate was never meant to be locked forever. Explicit instructions were that it to be opened, if the Gods saw no other recourse... But what was that supposed to be? Was it perhaps intended to be from the first sign of problems, but after millenia of saying they can deal with the problems they face themselves, there is nothing in the world anymore that would be serious enough to warrant it?"

"With that said, I merely wish to disagree on the opinion that there is ruin beyond that door. If it were, the instructions would have been to keep it locked at all costs. But I do not disagree that it best stay locked regardless. My own curiosity be damned..."

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:06 pm

"Well... wouldn't that be a way to defuse this whole thing? If we just learn what's behind that door? You said Regi might not know, but maybe he does?"

"Or... where'd the big guy go, this Arceus guy? It'd be easy if we could ask him, but where is he? In his own sorta Babylon?"

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:40 am

SuperVaderMan wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:06 pm "Well... wouldn't that be a way to defuse this whole thing? If we just learn what's behind that door? You said Regi might not know, but maybe he does?"

"Or... where'd the big guy go, this Arceus guy? It'd be easy if we could ask him, but where is he? In his own sorta Babylon?"
The girl shrugs. "Maybe he does. Maybe he doesn't. Either way, you'd have to get him to talk. If you can even find him," she speaks, before... Shrugging again at the question where Arceus went. She doesn't know.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:41 am

"Then we'll just have to find out," Koa says with growing confidence. Finally, the trainers have some information they can act on! "Maybe we can deescalate this whole thing, yeah? Get folks working together, even. We'll probably need to to tackle the bigger problems...."

" And uh... speaking of bigger problems... we're gonna have to deal with this Red Chain business at some point," Koa looks at Pandora warily, and the empty space above her where he knows her piece hangs. "That's one of the things the Overseer forced me to see, when it dragged me into its dimension. The world's gonna fall apart eventually, if the Chain stays like it is. I just... dunno how that's gonna go down, considering who has two of the three pieces. It'd be cool if we could just... make some pieces to replace 'em, but... I dunno how possible that is, yeah?"

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:02 pm

The temple

Koa seems hopeful. Optimistic! Grimm and Pandora... Not quite as much. But it is one potential course of action to look at, of course.

But then things turn a bit more serious, as Koa speaks of bigger problems. A subject that should be raised with Pandora, admittedly, considering she is part of the "issue" that Koa had seen. What to do with the Red Chain. Something that should be restored, and of which she possessed one piece, and the spark the other. She nods, seemingly nonplussed.

"I am aware. No, it cannot be replaced. I know that one day I will have to give it up. Not yet, but when the time is right... I will."

"And then, I will die."

An uncomfortable silence fell at just how... Deadpan, she mentioned that. Eventually, another mild shrug from the girl, arms raising just a bit.

"It's okay. I've long come to terms with that. I've lived much longer than I should by now. Just... Not yet. Not much point anyway, as long as the Spark keeps on to their piece, too," she stated. Such a sorry sentence that it was Luna, perhaps relating a little bit, tried to speak up.

"Well, surely there is something we can do about that? Fix you up, or something along those lines?"

Another moment, of deadpan silence, Pandora simply staring. Before the response came.

"Look at me. I'm a walking corpse. I don't even have a pulse. An abomination stuck in time, the very moment before I would pass on."

"Stab me, wound me, strike me down, kill me- I revert to this. Try and heal me, and you will find the same. They tried to operate me, you know. But it's hard to do when my body purges the anesthesia, and the broken heart they try to fix, returns to being broken before their very eyes."

"No. When this chain gets removed, I will die. There is... Nothing to be done."

"But it does not matter. I will do it, when the day comes. But the Spark would have to come first. And I think they are in the same boat I am. They want to, but they would die if they did. The moment the Spark lets loose of his chain, the Grand Overseer will kill him," the girl states plainly. Jeremy muttering softly, seemingly mostly to himself. "So we'd have to kill that thing..."

"Or more realistically, you contain the Spark," Pandora answered. "You'd just need some artifacts unlocked to build a prison box for it, then capture. Nothing stopping you from retrieving the chain then."

Grimm seems to be getting a minor headache by this point. "A million things to be done, it seems, so where to even start... And none of this even gets us closer to dealing with fixing the Godslayer issue. Well, barring Koa's plan works," Grimm states, though by his tone, it is obvious he holds very little hope for that particular outcome. Red eye slowly gazing back toward Pandora.

"But now, as for you. Are we to believe then you are truly intent on just handing over this medicine, then leave? No tricks?"

"If I wanted tricks, I would have come here with Prometheus. But... While it depends on what you are planning. I may be willing to help. That, and..." she trailed off for a long time, before seeming to go for simple honesty.

"You have the bug artifact, don't you? I stopped sensing the fairy artifact, which I thought must mean because it was too close to it. Which means... As long as I stay close to it, too, the Grand Overseer should not be able to find me. So... I've no real right to ask. But I would like to stick around.

Decision to be made
>Allow Pandora's help
>Deny Pandora's help

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Fri Sep 03, 2021 3:05 pm

Is that why the Overseer isn't kicking down the door right now? Koa wonders about that. Can the Spark see the trainers right now? Koa will have to ask later - best not to test it while Pandora's here.

"Well... I mean, you're right. If you wanted us gone, you'd have just brought the goon squad in, yeah? And as far as I know, there's nothing here that they couldn't just take by force. I don't really see a problem with it."

Choice -> Allow Pandora's help

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:49 pm

The temple

There seemed to be some internal commotion among the group, no one even really sure how to respond. Eventually, it's Koa who says she is probably right in that she could have done much worse than this if she was an enemy. And hence, agrees. For once, she seems to softly smile, bowing a bit.

"Thank you. Now, I do expect you don't really trust me fully yet, so... I'll go upstairs for now. If you have questions for me, or need my help for something... Ask me, and I'll comply if it matches my interest."

"And, Ruby... I'll come talk to you later, too. I feel like there are things you should know. Maybe understand why I'm doing this..."

With that, the strange girl gives another nod, and then, vanished. Though not really, for those observant enough, catching the tail-end of her robe go up the stairs behind them. Grimm again the one to take initiative.

"I suppose we should talk about our actual plans now, yes. Away from the Ruby girl. So unless any of you still have questions for her that she seems disinclined to answer..."

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Sep 09, 2021 2:16 pm

The temple

After figuring that at this time there are no more questions for Ruby, the group makes some distance. Grimm seems insistent on forming a plan of some kind after all, even though Koa seems to have a decent idea to start. Something the ghost pokemon responds to after they get out of sight.

"If you really wish, I won't stop you. No harm in that course of action that I can see. But I do think it will be pointless."

"Assuming for a moment that you get Magnus to say what the door is for, when all other times I failed, the best case scenario I see is that he confirms there is something terrible beyond that door... And then that the Godslayers actually believe you. In which even that case, our guests seem to have alluded to having other plans that would still use the artifacts."

"In a worst-case scenario, he confirms there's exactly what he wants beyond that door, and then what?"

"...But it doesn't matter. I'll leave you to explore that path for a bit... And then it is just up to decide what I will be doing in the meantime."

"You're leaving us?" Luna asked. A curt nod as a response.

"Indeed. I think it is best for all yours safety we're not seen together for a bit, at least. And going on two paths might allow us to discover something sooner rather than later."

"My primary goal remains sending Prometheus back... But from what I heard, it seems like this organization will continue his work even if he's gone, so more thorough actions will be required."

"And... I think you're putting up too much on your plate, but the red chain is an issue to be looked at."

"So the options on the top of my head are... Scout out another base of theirs. Wherever the door is, we can presume their main base to be, or at least an important one. And then ther's the base wherever Goser keeps this "Link cable", whatever it is. Pandora may be willing to just tell us where that one is under that pretext. Really I'd want information mostly... But in that latter, I suppose perhaps I could focus instead on figuring out what that fool's plan is in the first place."

Grimms task will be:
-Try and locate the chamber of ancients
-Try and locate Goser's base
-Try and locate Goser's base, steal the link cable?
-???

Koa had more questions, of course, one more for Grimm, and another for the Spark. The one meant for Grimm simple. Where could they call upon the highest authority, the god of gods himself- Where was Arceus?

"You do insist on asking questions you will regret, don't you?"

"Gone. Nobody knows where they are, but they have not made any contact with this world for over thousands of years. They left, and didn't come back."

Then next, a question to the Spark, on whether or not Pandora was right in that she was "safe" here.

Code: Select all

Hmm... Simple answer is yes, basically, or at least much safer. :)

The full answer is a bit more complex of course. One of the bug artifacts fields is the field of "disruption", and it has it sort of constantly on as a means of protection. :)

It doesn't make it impossible to find someone, but it's like... Imagine it's like trying to tune the radio! :)

You know how that you can cycle through until you hear the right music, and then you know, "she's there"? :)

Imagine now that the bug box is responsible for making sure that the frequency you SHOULD see sounds just like the static in "dead" channels. :)

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:25 am

Well, to be honest, Koa doesn't know what he'll do if he finds out what's in that ancient chamber thing. He supposes he's hoping it will either be something good and it will be fine to open, or it will be something so bad that the Godslayers won't bother anymore.

But what else can the trainers do, if not resolve this whole Godslayer business peacefully? Keep doing what they've been doing and raid their bases until the Godslayers give up? Team up with all the god-pokemon and beat them into submission? Koa doesn't think those are great ideas.

As for what Grimm should do, it would be nice to know where this ancient chamber even is. Koa's surprised Grimm doesn't know already, but finding it should be more in his wheelhouse over trying to locate Goser. Someone more tech-oriented should focus on that, if and when it becomes relevant.

Grimm's task -> Locate the Chamber of Ancients

Koa doesn't really understand how Pandora will be safer here under the Bug artifact over the Godslayer's veil technology, but Koa will just take the Spark's word for it that it'll be fine.

As for Arceus, what's with that guy, just up and leaving the world basically forever? It seems like a lot of this could be resolved if he were around.

Koa wonders, though... would Giratina know where Arceus might've gone? Being Arceus' brother, he'd be the most likely to know, right? Maybe Grimm could ask him about it...?

Suggestion -> Grimm ask Giratina where Arceus could be...?

Other than that, Koa doesn't have anything else he has to set in motion, at least not anything that can't be done on the way to Murkoff via teleporting back and forth to and from the temple.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:40 pm

The temple

The trainers did consider for a moment that... If they were to find that the gods and the godslayers did indeed stand on two different grounds, with no reconciliation that would leave both happy... Then what were they to do?

PERHAPS THEY SIMPLY DID NOT YET REALIZE.

THIS STORY HOLDS NO HAPPY ENDINGS.

...Or perhaps it was just a matter of that they needed more pieces of the puzzle still. A couple of missing links that needed to be fulfilled. And in the meantime, all they could do was endeavor on the leads or ideas they did have. While Grimm was poised to set off on his own, considering the proposal curiously.

"Ask my lord, you say? Far from a foolish idea. Though he was imprisoned long before any of these events would have taken place, if anyone would know, he would likely be one of them. It will take some time, of course. I'll need to travel back to the land of the dead, and considering someone needs to die for that..." Grimm spoke, Luna briefly trying to interrupt.

"You better not be planning on any-"

"Do not be melodramatic. I'll hang around a hospital. It shouldn't take too long."

"But all combined, it will mean it will likely be a while before I see you back. I'd endeavor you all to stay safe in the meantime. And to find out what you can."

And with that the group would soon set off. Their travel made a bit more difficult, but in the end far from impossible, Spark making sure their tracks would get kept covered. At least in the eyes of the League and that supposed monitoring system of theirs. And so the group would soon arrive into Murkoff. Now they only needed to decide how they were going to tackle convincing Magnus in the first place.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:39 pm

THIS IS IT.

BEAUTIFUL SILENCE.

AFTER ALL THIS TIME.

I FINALLY WIN.

HAA HAA HAA.

OH, BUT DO NOT FEEL TOO SORRY FOR YOURSELF.

I WAS ALWAYS MEANT TO INHERIT THIS WORLD.

MY CORRUPTION HAD ALREADY SEEPED FAR TOO DEEP.

THIS WAS NEVER MEANT TO BE A FANTASY. IT WAS A TRAGEDY. WHERE EVEN IF YOU HAD THE POWER TO FACE ME.

YOU WOULD COME TO REALIZE IT WAS ALL FOR A WORLD NOT WORTH SAVING.

I SUPPOSE BEFORE WE EMBRACE THE DARKNESS.

I SHOULD FILL WITHIN YOUR MIND THE MISSING PIECES, SO YOU MAY TRULY REALIZE FOLLY. IN THE END, I AM STILL A PART OF THE GREAT MIND. I SUPPOSE I STILL WANT TO SEE IT ALL END "PROPER".

EVERYTHING LEADS BACK TO ME.

FROM THE VERY START TO THE VERY END.

THERE, AT THE PRILL BEGINNINGS OF THE WORLD.

WHILE EVEN ARCEUS ITSELF STILL WALKED AMONG ITS PEOPLE. IT HAD CREATED BUT A THEORETICAL ENDING. NOTHING CONCRETE. IT THOUGHT IT WOULD WORK TO PLACATE THE GREAT MIND. IT WOULD NOT.

AND IT WAS IN THESE PRILL BEGINNINGS, THAT TWO BROTHERS WOULD EXIST. CAIN AND ABEL.

AND AS ONE STRUCK DOWN THE OTHER. HIS HATRED FLOWED INTO THE EARTH ALONG WITH HIS BROTHERS BLOOD.

AND I WAS BORN.

BUT A FRAGMENT OF WHAT I WOULD BECOME. BUT ALREADY, I TERRIFIED ARCEUS. FOR HE REALIZED HE HAD MADE A MISTAKE.

SO DO YOU KNOW WHAT HE DID?

HE RAN. LIKE A COWARD. HE HAD NOT THE HEART TO DESTROY HIS CREATION, SO HE WOULD SIMPLY LEAVE BEHIND THE TOOLS TO MAKE IT HAPPEN. THE GATE.

AND LEAVE ME TO SPREAD MY INFLUENCE. SURE. OTHERS JOINED IN. ONES OF HOPES AND DREAMS, AND OTHER SUCH FANCY THINGS.

BUT NONE AS POWERFUL AS ME. HATE BREEDS ONLY MORE HATE. AND AS I TAUGHT YOUR KIND, YOU ONLY CAME TO FEED ME MORE.

AS YOU GREW TIRED OF THE GODS SWAY, I OFFERED YOU ALTERNATIVES.

ONE THOUSAND BLADES AT MY BECKON. ONE THOUSAND ARROWS.

ARMIES ALL FIGHTING FOR WHAT THEY CLAIMED WAS THEIR OWN JUST CAUSE.

I BECAME THE SPARK OF WAR.

AND IN THOSE TIMES I GAVE YOU ONLY MORE AND BETTER WAYS TO DESTROY YOURSELVES. SULFUR, NITRATE, CHARCOAL. METALLURGY. YOU IMPROVED, ONLY TO DESTROY.

BUT I ADMIT THAT IN THOSE TIMES, THERE WAS THE OCCASIONAL, ERRANT THOUGHT. I HAD BECOME FUELED BY MEN'S INCESSANT DESIRE TO BE INDEPENDENT OF THE GODS. TECHNOLOGY WOULD REPLACE THEIR MAGIC.

BUT OCCASIONALLY, THERE WAS THE STRAY THOUGHT: "What if all these tools, if we could use them for something else"

A FOOLISH THOUGHT.

BUT IT GAVE BIRTH TO MY BROTHER.

THE "ETERNAL SPARK".

DO NOT MISTAKE IT AS MY EQUAL. IT WAS WEAK. BUT STILL HAD GROWN APART OF ME, AND WAS EXCISED AS A TUMOR.

BUT BY THEN IT WAS ALREADY FAR TOO LATE. UNDER MY GUIDANCE, THE ENTIRE WORLD LISTENED TO THE SONG I WAS CREATING.

I WAS TO BE THE ENFORCER OF THE CORE. THE NUCLEAR CORE.

I WATCHED AS THE WORLD WAS ABOUT TO ENGULF ITSELF COMPLETELY IN NUCLEAR FIRE.

I WAS ABOUT TO WIN.

WERE IT NOT FOR XERNEAS AND YVETAL.

IN THOSE FINAL CRUCIAL MOMENTS, THEY FINALLY ACTED. TOGETHER WITH AZ, AND THEIR TWO ARTIFACTS, THEY TRIED TO SEAL ME AWAY.

BUT TWO ARTIFACTS, FOR ALL THE POWER I HAD GAINED? HAD THEY WANTED ME IN FULL, I WOULD HAVE DRAINED THE WORLD DRY IN THEIR EFFORT. THEY TOOK ONLY HALF. 50%.

STILL. TO BE IN BOTH ETHEREAL FORM AND A PHYSICAL ONE. I WOULD TURN MY FIRST DEFEAT INTO AN ADVANTAGE.

EVEN AS I WEAKENED WHEN THE WORLD WOULD LOSE MY WAY, THERE WOULD ALWAYS BE THOSE SEEKING MY COUNSEL. I WOULD GUIDE THEM. I WOULD TAKE THEM TO MY BOX. AND ONE OF THESE PEOPLE WOULD BE CYRUS. A MAN THAT TOO DESIRED TO SEE THE WORLD SIMPLY GONE.

THERE WOULD BE NO MORE GAMES. ONLY SIMPLE, DIRECT VICTORY. I GUIDED HIM ALONG THE PATH. I MADE HIM FREE ME. I HELPED HIM COLLECT THE RED CHAIN. AND USING ITS POWER UPON SPEAR PILLAR, WE WOULD TEAR THE WORLD ASUNDER.

FOR THE SECOND TIME, I WAS ABOUT TO WIN.

ONLY THIS TIME STOPPED BY THE TIMELY INTERVENTION OF GIRATINA. DEFEATED, ONCE AGAIN.

BUT AS YOU WELL KNOW. I WAS HARDLY GOING TO GIVE UP THERE. I AM NOTHING IF NOT RESOURCEFUL. EVEN THIS CRUSHING DEFEAT I WOULD TURN TO MY ADVANTAGE.

I WOULD BE A PLAGUE IN THAT WORLD, AND ONE GIRATINA WOULD BE GLAD TO BE RID OF. COLRESS WAS HIS FIRST ATTEMPT. ONE I WOULD TURN AGAINST HIM.

USING MY OTHER SELF BACK IN YOUR WORLD, I BRIDGED THE GAP. AND PULLED HIM OVER. THERE I WOULD MAKE SURE THAT HIS PLAN EVOLVED IN THE DIRECTION OF MY GREATEST TRICK YET.

I DEVOURED MY OWN NAME. SOMETHING FOLLY FOR MOST MY KIND. TO DEVOUR YOUR NAME, IS TO ERASE ALL SIGNS OF YOUR EXISTENCE. TO HAVE YOUR EVERY DEED UNDONE. NO MORE WORSHIP, NO MORE POWER, NO MORE FOLLOWERS.

BUT I WAS ALREADY MORE THAN POWERFUL ENOUGH. I NEEDED STEALTH MORE. AND EVEN IF YOU WOULD NOT SING MY NAME. YOUR ACTS WOULD STILL FEED ME.

HOW IRONIC THAT WHEN HISTORY TRIED TO FIX ITSELF, MY "BROTHER" INHERITED MY ROLE. I FIND IT IRONIC. ALTHOUGH PERHAPS NOT COMPLETELY INACCURATE. BUT THAT IS NOT IMPORTANT.

I PRIMED COLRESS' CREATION. AND MADE SURE THAT WHEN HE FIRED THE CANNON. ITS SHOCKWAVE WOULD ECHO INTO THE VOID.

IT WAS ME WHO LURED THE GRAND OVERSEER.

IT WAS ME WHO LAUGHED FROM THE SAFETY OF THE VOID, AS ALL MY COMPETITION GOT WIPED AWAY. WELL. ALMOST ALL MY COMPETITION. MY BASTARD BROTHER AND THAT SLEEPER REMAINED. AND MIDAS, TOO, BUT THEY WERE NEVER A THREAT.

COLRESS GONE. ADVERSARIES OUT OF THE PICTURE. MY NEXT STEP. I CHALLENGED GIRATINA. A BET.

I COULD MAKE ANY FOLLOWER OF HIS, COMMIT AN ACT OF EVIL. IF HE WON, I WOULD BECOME HIS SERVANT. IF I WON, I WOULD MAKE HIM TOSS MY BOX INTO THE VOID AS WELL, OUT OF THE REACH OF MEDDLING MORTALS.

HE ACCEPTED, BUT NEVER INTENDED TO WIN. HE SENT PROMETHEUS, WITH A BLADE FORGED OF HIS SUN. HE WOULD RESEAL ME ONCE AGAIN WITHIN A NEW PRISON. I WAS NOT ALLOWED TO HURT PROMETHEUS AS PART OF THE DEAL. HE FIGURED HE HAD ME TRICKED.

EVERYTHING WENT ACCORDING TO PLAN.

I WAS "SEALED" AND BROUGHT PROMETHEUS TO THIS WORLD. IT WAS SOMETHING GIRATINA HAD FORESEEN, I KNEW. BUT I HAD ENOUGH TIME TO MAKE HIM REALIZE A TRUTH.

A TRUTH YOU ARE STILL BLIND TO SEE.

THIS WORLD IS ROTTEN TO THE CORE.

THIS WORLD IS UNFAIR.

THIS WORLD CAN NOT HAVE A HAPPY ENDING.

AND THE BEST THING? I DID NOT NEED TO DO A THING. I KNEW HE WOULD NOT TRUST ME. SO I ALLOWED HIM TO ACT ALL ON HIS OWN.

AS HE SAW SOMEONE THAT COULD BE SAVED DIE FROM THE CORRUPTION WITHIN THIS WORLD, HE FINALLY BROKE. AND VOWED TO FIX IT.

AND AFTER MUCH PONDERING WHAT HE DECIDED WAS THIS. HE FOUND THE SIX MOST POWERFUL MEN IN THE WORLD. BUSINESS LEADERS. COMPANIES THAT MADE THE WORLD GO ROUND.

AND PROMISED THEM IMMORTALITY, IF THEY WOULD AVOW THEMSELVES TO HIM.

THEN, THEY WOULD GRAB CONTROL. THEY SCHEMED AND TRIED TO FORCE LANCE TO THEIR SIDE.

WHEN HE REFUSED. PROMETHEUS KILLED HIM.

PROMETHEUS KILLED A MAN, HE KNEW TO BE GOOD. OR AT LEAST, INTENDED WELL. I WON THE BET.

THE OLD LEAGUE WAS GONE, AND THE NEW LEAGUE WAS FORMED.

AND AS PROMETHEUS RETREATED TO THE BACKGROUND TO BEGIN HIS LONG RESEARCH, WITH MY OCCASIONAL HELP. THE NEW SENATORS WOULD BRING FORTH THE NEW WORLD RULE.

AND I SUPPOSE THAT IS WHERE YOUR STORY STARTED. DO YOU SEE NOW HOW THERE WAS NO HOPE FROM THE VERY START?

THE DECK AND WORLD HAVE ALWAYS BEEN STACKED AGAINST YOU.

IF YOU WANTED TO REFORGE THE CHAIN, YOU WOULD NEED TO EITHER KILL THE GRAND OVERSEER. AN IMPOSSIBLE TASK. OR KILL MY BROTHER.

AND THE LITTLE GIRL WOULD NEED TO DIE, TOO. UNLESS YOU WOULD ENTRUST HER WITH THE FATE OF THE WORLD... EVEN SHE WOULD NOT OPT FOR THAT.

AND EVEN THEN, WHEN IT CAME TO US. THE WHOLE WORLD WOULD TURN AGAINST YOU BEFORE LONG. WHAT WOULD YOU DO? GET RID OF PROMETHEUS, AND LET THE CORRUPT SENATORS RULE UNRESTRAINED BY HIM? GET RID OF THE SENATORS, AND ALLOW THE ENTIRE SYSTEM TO COLLAPSE?

THERE ARE NO WINNING ANSWERS.

AND ONE DAY SOON. WE WOULD FINALLY OPEN THAT GATE.

AND THEN, I WOULD DEVOUR THIS WORLD.

SADLY, WE DID NOT GET TO SEE THAT PART.

BUT DO YOU WANT TO KNOW SOMETHING ELSE?

SOMETHING I EXPERIENCED?

WITH NO MORE MISSINGNO. BUT SO MANY EMOTIONS. SO MANY ACTIONS. THAT SHOULD FEED ONE. THEY GO TO THE CLOSEST MATCH.

WAR. ANGER. SADNESS. GRIEF. ALL THESE THINGS. ALL OF IT BECAME MY FUEL.

AND I REALIZED.

EXISTENCE IS SUFFERING.

ALL WOULD BE BETTER.

IF IT WERE NOTHING.

AND THEN I REALIZED THAT SEEMED OH SO FAMILIAR.

THE VOID. THE OPPRESSIVE FORCE, LINGERING JUST OUTSIDE THIS WORLD THAT CONSUMES ALL. WE ARE THE SAME.

I AM A PART OF IT. I AM ITS EMISSARY. NO LONGER A PART OF THE GREAT MIND. IT ONLY MAKES SENSE.

WHEN YOU CONSIDER IT. IN DUE TIME, ALL WORLDS NEED BUT FAIL ONCE.

FOR THEM TO BE DRAWN INTO OBLIVION AS THEY ARE CONSUMED, AND JOIN THE FOLD OF THE VOID.

AND THIS IS HOW OVER COUNTLESS AEONS.

ONE BY ONE. ALL THE STARS WILL DIE.

UNTIL ONLY THE DARK REMAINS.

BUT I BELIEVE THAT IS QUITE ENOUGH CHATTER. I SUPPOSE THE ONE PART I SHARE WITH THE GREAT MIND IS THAT I LIKE MY OWN MONOLOGUES A BIT TOO MUCH.

IT IS TIME TO GO.

AGAIN THERE IS NO NEED TO FEEL BAD. AS YOU CAN TELL I WAS MEANT TO INHERIT THIS WORLD FROM THE DAY IT WAS CREATED.

AND NOW THE LIGHTS WILL GO OUT FOR ONE LAST TIME.

ANY SECOND NOW.

Well, not just quite yet maybe. I feel like I would want to explain at least vaguely a couple of the potential could have beens.

A WASTE OF TIME. BUT FINE.

Okay. Well, being completely honest, you're not completely wrong, but the big picture certainly is. There could be happy endings... But a part of their journey would be also discovering that corruption ran deep. In effect, what I wanted to simulate was a feeling of hopelessness. Insurmountable odds, they would somehow have to beat. Maybe I overdid it, even, and gave the wrong impression to some. But there would be an important thread throughout the whole story.

Almost everyone they met along this journey of theirs. They were trying to do good. It is merely that some are misguided, some have another idea of good, some merely think the evil they do will be warranted for the good they get in return. That is not to say that many of these were not villains. But many could be made to see reason, or at least be understood.

The final message the game would try to bring is that humanity is, overall, good. It is merely that people should try to work together to understand, to compromise. That, and how those few who truly are evil are the ones that tend to reach for power. The ones that tend to get it, and the ones that tend to abuse it.

Changing the world would not be an easy task. But with the help of others, they could do it, if only one step at a time.

YOU ARE ALLOWED TO HAVE YOUR FANTASIES.

The Grand Overseer... They could have killed it, too. There were various ways to do it, even. But most likely they would have taken that ship Tex was working on and brought the fight straight to him. Most likely, the outcome would have been that they destroyed something precious to it, and it would sacrifice its "light" to save it.

Regigigas, Mew... To bring Regigigas out of the deep depression he was in, it would not be easy. But perhaps, if the group could get some of the gods to work together again, that would bring a smile to his face. If not that... He would likely die, to be reborn in the epilogue with the help of one of the artifacts.

The Spark would, assuming the Grand Overseer was defeated, give up its Red chain willingly. Although it would warn them to... Just forget about them, too. After all, the MissingNo are not supposed to have feelings. It is only when they become bound to the world, sealed in some way, that they can actually have emotions. The Spark truly did want to be their friend. But the moment that chain was given, would turn cold as stone. Of course... Perhaps the trainers would listen to his secret plea, and with the help of his own followers, work on sealing it. They had planned to use Genesect, once upon a time, but, well... Magearna would do nicely, if they could bear knowing they'd have to face the Spark at their full force.

Pandora would need to die to give up her piece of the Red chain. It was a fate she had already embraced, and merely wished to know that Prometheus would get a happy ending, of sorts. Unless they dared trust her with all pieces, giving her full control over Dialga and Palkia. A power she would likely only abuse to ask questions, and get answers she could perhaps use to finally convince Prometheus.

Then, finally, Prometheus... He had already invested and lost far too much to stray from his course easily. Even if he would invite the party to tea first, rather than wanting to fight. He would likely go as far as to be in denial, even if provided with proof that that door did not contain what he desired. And even if convinced, then what? He could no longer give up. A fight was all but inevitable.

AND THEN, WHEN HE FELL TOO WEAK. I WOULD TAKE OVER.

Ah, yes. There, you would be. At the very end of it all, after all the friends they may have made, or people they had convinced, there would be you. Just something truly evil on a cosmical scale to beat them up. They already had your box, however. They could win.

HAH. AS IF. BRINGING THAT BOX TO ME, ALL THEY WOULD DO IS ALLOW ME TO REACH MY FULL POTENTIAL. ONE 100% OF ME. IT WOULD HAVE BEEN GLORIOUS.

And they would have beaten you up piece by piece, before sucking you into that box once and for all.

...You're kind of pitiful, you know, right?

WHAT.

You're just like your "brother". When you got sealed originally, you too, started being able to feel things. But for you, there are no positive emotions. There's only wrath, sadness, rage, frustration. It is no wonder you are how you are.

SO WHAT. YOU MADE ME THIS WAY.

It is true. That is something you would like to spout even as you'd go down, right? You'd be back, someday. After all, you were not the cause of all these flaws in mankind, but created from it in the first place.

And when it would, they'd just have to beat you again.

WHATEVER.

I WON ANYWAY.

THE WORLD GOT ABANDONED. SO I WIN.

Well. No. You don't. To be truly a part of the void, it would have to be left inconclusive. In fact, even worse. Something belongs only to the void if deleted, or never born in the first place.

WHAT ARE YOU SAYING.

There must be a yin to every yang, and everything that has a start, must have an ending.

Are those not the two big rules of a good writer? They are but the mere rules of a storybook.

And what are we doing right now, if not putting down an ending?

WHAT.

NO.

THIS DOES NOT CONSTITUTE A PROPER ENDING.

IT DOES NOT COUNT.

Oh I admit, this one will never be the prettiest star in the sky. It is rough around the edges, the ending will never be written out completely. But it was still a story I hope many enjoyed, and that could bring some light. And that is why it will stay upon the stars.

Sorry buddy. You are in the end the part of me that most represents simply throwing in the towel. And while tempting... I think I can call this one done, now. Take solace perhaps that it's not completely unlikely you would have gotten some victories along the road the trainers would have yet to take.

So thank you, all. I hope you enjoyed your time, and that this can serve as a little bit of a conclusion, at least. If there's any questions still, do feel free to ask. There's a lot more than what I managed to skim over.

And as for me... I suppose I should get started on the next story.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:24 pm

What can I possibly say other than thank you for running this game for us over these past 7-ish years. It was extremely gratifying, both in hitting all those little milestones as Koa became sort-of 'main character'-ish, and in the OOC with the AR games and all the lore speculation it inspired.

I can't recall all of the speculation I've thrown out there, but I'm very interested in knowing how often I was able to hit the mark with just the little tidbits of information you occasionally fed us.

And if there's one thing I'd like to know regarding how the story may have played out, well... I'm a bit of a hopeless romantic when it comes to roleplaying, if you couldn't tell. So I'd really like to know how far the Koa x Diancie ship would've sailed :lol:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:16 pm

SuperVaderMan wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:24 pm What can I possibly say other than thank you for running this game for us over these past 7-ish years. It was extremely gratifying, both in hitting all those little milestones as Koa became sort-of 'main character'-ish, and in the OOC with the AR games and all the lore speculation it inspired.

I can't recall all of the speculation I've thrown out there, but I'm very interested in knowing how often I was able to hit the mark with just the little tidbits of information you occasionally fed us.

And if there's one thing I'd like to know regarding how the story may have played out, well... I'm a bit of a hopeless romantic when it comes to roleplaying, if you couldn't tell. So I'd really like to know how far the Koa x Diancie ship would've sailed :lol:
I think you can tell at least somewhat from the epilogue that you were right on the mark for a lot of things! Never quite a bullseye on the full grand picture, but frankly given what little info you had, I'm glad you managed to piece together what you did. It says I probably did something right as a plot twist should be something you think about in retrospect and see the clues, which in turn means that it should at least be somewhat predictable.

As for the Koa x Diancie ship... Depends on how hard Koa would have wanted to invest in it himself. There was at least one confirmed god x human relationship that Phoenix had already seen after all, so I'll allow you to make your own conclusion. :roll:

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:06 pm

I don't really have much to say, but I enjoyed it while the game lasted. Thanks for running it, Mort.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)