PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Home to all current Forum Games.
SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Post by SuperVaderMan » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:27 pm

The revelations pile on as Koa hefts the urn. Apparently the whole story with Jack and the urn was mostly a charade. It's a bit of a sobering thought, having been so thoroughly tricked into believing any of this. Koa's not sure whether to be annoyed at having been lied to or relieved that those monsters weren't actually real, so he ends up just frowning at the urn thoughtfully.

His thoughts drift to something his mirror-self said. "Something I'd add to the urn, huh? Well... I don't think I have anything, but I know someone who would. Someone close. If only he were here, yeah?" Koa asks in a somber tone, to no one in particular. "Not that it'd do him any good, I guess."

"...U-uhm, so this is Hilda, right?" Koa asks after a moment, forcing his attention back towards the circle of idols. He nods to the Spinarak idol, since his hands are full of urn. "Hilda just looks like a spider-lady, yeah, but she's actually one of Jack's old pokemon? And... this one is that lantern guy?" Koa asks, looking at the Abra idol. "He didn't burn up, he just teleported away, didn't he? Are all of these one of you guys?"

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:39 am

"I presume you've no plans to bring him down into melee range..? Very well, then... Given that I've no pokemon able to deal with it left. I concede."
what, really?!? Irene asks with a shocked look on her face before running onto the field to hug Shock
"WE DID IT, WE GOT OUR FIRST BADGE!" Irene spins a little with equally happy Shock before recalling him to rest.

"It always is interesting to see the power of cheer be matched against sheer brutality... Seeing the outcome like this, I reminiscence once again about what a stupid kid I once was."
No, my cheer is only effective because of my pokemon's personalities, most of my friends are gentle, docile or otherwise kind. If I tried cheering your pokemon I'd probably only get eye-rolls from them. We just have different ways of drawing out our pokemons strength... that said there's a girl in town who follows the same philosophy as you... she's hot-tempered and hard headed, but I think your advice would be beneficial for her.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:03 pm

Alex, Haley, Bjorn

The rest of the travel to the city is uneventful... As soon you arrive- To a patrol at the gates asking for everyone's passports, getting only a tiny bit easier once it's seen to that Alex is a league trainer... A growlithe snuffing about and seeming to pause for a moment around Haley, but eventually everything seems waived... As curiously, no mention is made of the heavy bag Luna is carrying with her- Even though that seems like something that should be remarked on.

Soon, they're in the city, which on first glance gives the impression of being "normal"... Although the briefest inspection of it's edges would reveal it's quite not- Most side streets clearly disused, and transformed in a bunch of broken down shacks.

Now they were here, though...The first question was going to be, what to do?

Koa

"Something I'd add to the urn, huh? Well... I don't think I have anything, but I know someone who would. Someone close. If only he were here, yeah? Not that it'd do him any good, I guess."

"Hmph. And who would that be?"

"...U-uhm, so this is Hilda, right? Hilda just looks like a spider-lady, yeah, but she's actually one of Jack's old pokemon? And... this one is that lantern guy? He didn't burn up, he just teleported away, didn't he? Are all of these one of you guys?"

"Ah, no... I mean, you're right that Hilda is- Or was, at least, once a spinarak... But the idols are just the closest fitting pokemon to the challenge you performed to gain it. Abra for example is renowned for it's intelligence. I think overall it's been a decent fit... Besides the mirror room, maybe. Anyways, yes, they're mine... The lantern was actually led by a rotom. You carried him around for a little ride without even knowing."

Irene

Jack gives a simple sigh as you cheer on, although his otherwise stern face can't help but betray just the slightest bit of a grin as he shakes his head... And soon comes to meet Irene to shake her hand.

No, my cheer is only effective because of my pokemon's personalities, most of my friends are gentle, docile or otherwise kind. If I tried cheering your pokemon I'd probably only get eye-rolls from them. We just have different ways of drawing out our pokemons strength... that said there's a girl in town who follows the same philosophy as you... she's hot-tempered and hard headed, but I think your advice would be beneficial for her.

"Heh. I suppose you're right. And yes, I believe I know who you're talking about... Isabella, right? You're friends?"

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:23 pm

"Hmph. And who would that be?"

"...My dad."

Not immediately elaborating beyond that, Koa looks about the room for other things to distract from the topic. He takes another look at the idols, and Koa supposes that not everything needs to have a deeper meaning when it turns out only Hilda directly correlates to one of the little wooden statues. He then looks back over to the 'Services' prize again.

"So what's the deal with this? It says what you can get, but not really? Like, what will these get you?"

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:49 am

Bjorn turns to the others. "I could really do with a decent meal, and a proper sleep if I'm honest. And I don't mean to be creepy Luna, but I don't really want to leave you alone in a strange city while carrying a cataclysmic item of doom. Shall we grab some food and find someplace to stay?"
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:55 am

"A good place to stay sounds nice, to be honest. And somebody trustworthy to help with the cargo. But I've got no clue what to do about that. Should we try contacting the others?"

Wait, Luna's carrying it? Poor girl! :lol: :P
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:56 am

Koa

"...My dad."

"...Well, can't really help you there."

"I'm gonna have to state my own... Inexperience as well. I'd recommend you someone that might be a better fit to... Talk, about it, but I'm not sure if that's a thing you actively want, or need."

"So what's the deal with this? It says what you can get, but not really? Like, what will these get you?"

"Services, of course."

"Ones you'd expect usually from one of their type. Breeder can either set one of your own pokemon up for breeding, or might have a couple eggs of which you could adopt one. Tutor can provide tutoring in a single aspect of choice. Scientist can either create some specific pokemon, or create an item."
► Show Spoiler

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:54 am

Koa brushes aside their concerns with a weary smile, but lets the matter drop.

Turning his attention back to the 'Services' dispenser, "So do you have to choose one right now? Or is it like a blank check kinda deal and you can take it to whoever, but it's only good for one thing?"

Having that answered Koa sets the Nightmare Urn back into its display case, (probably) takes the Services thing, and finally looks to the Exit.

"I guess it's about time, yeah? Man, it feels like I've been running around in here for months." He glances at the Darkrai display. "So do I take these with me, or what?"

In any case, idols or no, Koa thanks Fatale and the other disguised pokemon for the... interesting times, and he makes his way to where Jack is probably waiting.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:32 pm

Haley pets the puppy. "Aw it likes me.~ Hey uh do you guys have a fossil machine I can use?"
► Show Spoiler

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:39 pm

Irene laughs Mew's mercy no! She'd probably beat me up if she thought I was going around saying we're friends, at best we're well acquainted, at worst she'd be... a rival I guess... It doesn't help you find out you're a psychic in a high stress situation after you use said powers to accidently cheat.

"So where do I turn in this breeder voucher? and when do they close?"

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:28 pm

Alex, Bjorn

"I could really do with a decent meal, and a proper sleep if I'm honest. And I don't mean to be creepy Luna, but I don't really want to leave you alone in a strange city while carrying a cataclysmic item of doom. Shall we grab some food and find someplace to stay?"

"Right... I wouldn't mind taking a rest myself, although it seems a bit early to hit the bed. Going out to grab a bite together seems great, though."

"A good place to stay sounds nice, to be honest. And somebody trustworthy to help with the cargo. But I've got no clue what to do about that. Should we try contacting the others?"

"Ah... Right, of course. You're welcome too. As is Haley. As for dealing with you know what..." she hushes, perhaps indicating one shouldn't speak so "openly" about it. "I do believe that it was mentioned we should speak to our friends about that... So perhaps that's something we'd ought to do first?"

"Aw it likes me.~ Hey uh do you guys have a fossil machine I can use?"

"A fossil machine..? I'm not sure. Your best bet would probably to try and check out the university."

Koa

"So do you have to choose one right now? Or is it like a blank check kinda deal and you can take it to whoever, but it's only good for one thing?"

"The latter. And you have to select which one you'd like in advance. Besides that, I'd advice trying to do it sooner rather than later... It'd be easier to do it in Murkoff, and you won't exactly be able to reclaim it instantly within the wilderness."

With that, Koa let's out a sigh, his two companions letting know that he might as well leave the idols there to be brought back in the maze. Fake Koa stares for a moment at Fatale, who rolls her eyes before letting out a final "Fiiiine"- Grabbing most of the idols before jumping back down the hole... As Koa would turn back to his double, to now find himself looking up at Jack.

"...Ah, I should perhaps mention. The urn's definition of "dark types" is rather generous..."

"Anyways. Usually, my gym challenge comes with an additional challenge of doing the fight in semi-darkness... But with an additional bonus on your part to turn on the lights depending on how many idols you've gathered. Given you've got all of them, you get the option to just skip this extra challenge. Or, alternatively, if you're feeling particularly tough, you can keep it... And I tend to give a small extra reward for the effort."

"Still, though, I've noticed you decided to pick the lvl 30 rank..? I suppose I shouldn't be too dismissive, given your effort at the tournament... But I should warn you it is a hefty step up from the lvl twenty ones."

((What pokemon will you start with?))

Irene

Mew's mercy no! She'd probably beat me up if she thought I was going around saying we're friends, at best we're well acquainted, at worst she'd be... a rival I guess... It doesn't help you find out you're a psychic in a high stress situation after you use said powers to accidently cheat.

Jack raises an eyebrow, but grins. "Heh. Nah- Seems like you're friends."

"So where do I turn in this breeder voucher? and when do they close?"

"Are you looking to have it traded in immediately? The whole trade is actually set up over the internet, given that the breeder is actually not even located in the city... Whatever pokemon is arranged to arrive through use of the PC. But just give me the word and I can put you in contact with him. Any idea what you're going to ask for?"

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:16 pm

"Okay where is that?" Haley takes a picture of the city and puts it in her archive as she walks with the others, looking around the city. Per [5d6+3] = 20+3 = 23+2 for archive.

(Not really looking for pokemon, just looking around to see what catches her eye)

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:29 pm

Koa takes the 'Services' ticket, then turns around to find Jack standing in mirror-Koa's spot. It takes him a second, he glances about wondering where Jack came from and his double went, but after a moment the realization that they're the same person clicks into place. Koa's eyes widen at this, and he looks between Jack and the Urn. It doesn't affect just pokemon?! If Jack were to simply carry the Urn around in a backpack, he could pretend to be anybody! That's... probably why Darkrai entrusted it to Jack, Koa considers, so its power wouldn't be abused. Using it for a gym challenge seemed harmless enough.

Koa comes back to reality as Jack starts talking about the gym battle itself. Koa rubs his chin thoughtfully. "I... think I'll give the challenge a shot. Yeah. Yeah, I think I'm ready."

"Still, though, I've noticed you decided to pick the lvl 30 rank..? I suppose I shouldn't be too dismissive, given your effort at the tournament... But I should warn you it is a hefty step up from the lvl twenty ones."

"I think that's okay. My pokemon are a step up from the tournament, and a big step up from when we fought in the market!"

"...Wait. You weren't at the tournament, were you? I thought you were checking out that underground place I pointed you to?"

In any case, Koa follows Jack through the Exit, presumably to some kind-of battle arena. After Koa retrieves his pokemon from wherever they're being kept, he takes a few moments to think about which pokemon of his he'll start with. He eventually decides on Kikolo the Heracross!
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:58 am

Koa

"I think that's okay. My pokemon are a step up from the tournament, and a big step up from when we fought in the market!"

"...Wait. You weren't at the tournament, were you? I thought you were checking out that underground place I pointed you to?"

"Very well. And no, I wasn't present at the tournament. I was back here in Murkoff, by that point."

"Doesn't mean the whole event was still televised. And even if your part wasn't exactly put in a big spotlight given the rank, I still saw enough to know you won."

"Now. With your current amount of idols, you'll get 7 use of the buttons inside the arena. You can use it either for just a dimmer that will provide light for a couple of turns... Or a flash that will last for only a moment, but also blind my own pokemon."

With that, Jack takes you to a rather small arena, as he releases his own pokemon as well... A large squid, of some kind..? It's floating slightly off the ground, though...

7 uses left.
Malamar(25/10)
Kikolo(21)
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:12 am

"I'll let you two have your dates, not to worry, but we need to act as a group until we've got the security issue resolved. I don't want to leave that to just two people."

Alex pulls out his 'dex to contact the others,

Code: Select all

We've just got in, but we need to talk.  There's a potential risk that we're going to have to address ASAP.
- Alex
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:19 am

Koa ponders for a few moments at which Services ticket to choose... eventually picking the Tutor services. Rawku comes to mind, since Rhydons are so diverse in their potential movesets, but really there are a few members of his team that could benefit a lot from a Tutor.

-----

As the battle commences, the lights dim significantly as Koa and Jack release their first pokemon. The darkness only lasts for a second as Jack's glowing squid-like pokemon illuminates the arena. Its waving, bio-luminescent spots are sort-of... mesmerizing. Shaking his head, Koa considers what to do. It's probably a Dark-type, given the gym, but what else could it be? Water, Poison? Koa supposes it doesn't matter if it's either of those, and he opts to use Kikolo's potentially-stronger Bug move.

"Try using your new Pin Missile, yeah Kikolo?"

Kikolo slams his chitinous fists together and buzzes his wings in affirmation. He considers his forearm... then points it at the glowing squid thing. Suddenly, spines shoot off the limb directly at the Malamar, 3 of them connecting! Fresh spines immediately start growing in on Kikolo's wrist, replacing the old ones.

Pin Missile on Malamar:
1d20 = 11
1d8 = 5

Damage: 3d10+10+23+5 = [10, 2, 1] = 51

Koa thinks to take out his pokedex to find out just what this squid-thing is, in the meantime. Looking at the squid, unsure of what it is, Koa can't help but be reminded of a certain extradimensional jellyfish on his own team.

"Hey, uh, after this, can I talk to you about some stuff? About those Godslayer guys and... other stuff."
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:52 pm

Haley

Haley gets directions, and follows them, leading her near the center of the city while she listens and watches intently around her... It actually seems there's some amount of conversation going, about a certain topic- Apparently, one of the senators has died..! And as a result, the whole news network seems to be in shambles, as some apparently report her to have died from a heart attack, while yet others claim it might have been an assassination. In each case, it's a hot topic.

Koa

The Malamar starts off by summoning forth a reflective barrier around it, while simultaneously activating it's suction cups for some extra stability... As Kikolo fires a series of super effective pin missiles! Before they can hit, though, Jack commands the Malamar to bite through it, as it bites through most of the damage coming in... And is left practically unscathed by the attack! Worse still, a glint in the eye of the Malamar, and Kikolo forgets how he did this whole "pin missile" thing...

"Hey, uh, after this, can I talk to you about some stuff? About those Godslayer guys and... other stuff."

"Of course. I figured that'd be something we'd talk about."

7 uses left.
Enemy: reflect 2
Malamar(25/10) very lightly injured
Kikolo(21) pin missile disabled

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:34 pm

The Malamar pops up on Koa's pokedex, and he furrows his brow at the combination of readings and results of Kikolo's Pin Missile. A Dark/Psychic pokemon... yet some combination of defense and training completely negated Kikolo's twice-supereffective attack. Worse yet, Kikolo's actually the one at a disadvantage now against the Psychic type and no Bug move available to deal with it.

Koa reluctantly recalls Kikolo and releases Rawku the Rhydon, as his general purpose answer. Koa hates being put on the back foot right away, but the situation calls for it.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:43 pm

Koa

Jack makes use of the switch, to perform one of his own- Exchanging the Malamar in turn for a Crawdaunt...

7 uses left.
Malamar(25/10) very lightly injured recalled
Kikolo(21) recalled
Crawdaunt(11/6)
Rawku(5)

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:10 pm

That's an obvious Water-type if Koa ever saw one. This is why Rawku is Koa's general-purpose answer, though, being such a Sturdy pokemon.

"This looks rough... but let's give it a shot, Rawku. Slow him down with a Bulldoze! Make it spicy, yeah?" Koa orders, as he presses one of the nearby buttons to turn on the dim lights for a few turns.

The Rhydon's stomach grumbles audibly, and Rawku huffs out visible plumes of steam from his nostrils. Then he charges at the big lobster, leaping into the air and crashing down right in front of him, blasting it with a cascade of dirt and gravel. Rawku then braces himself for further attacks.

Bulldoze on Crawdaunt: 1d20 = 7
2d8+10+29 = 47

Bulldoze on Crawdaunt Rock Head damage if applicable:
2d6 = [6, 3] = 9

(+10 damage from Spicy Wrap, so 57-66 damage, depending. Also Crawdaunt suffers -1 Spd on hit.)
► Show Spoiler

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:25 pm

Bjorn blushes nervously at the mention of a date. "Yeah no worries, lets sort out business first." If Luna and Alex are happy to wander, Bjorn keeps an eye out for a hotel or lodging, and any sort of eatery like a noodle bar or something while they wait for the others to contact them.
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:48 pm

Haley waits patiently for Alex/Bjorn to get a room set up before she explores, knowing this city is rumoured to have thieves and muggers. Unless she's at the University, which then she goes looking around for a fossil machine.

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:50 am

"I know they're really rare, but dratini are super cute! That said I really don't expect one... Hmm, do the by chance have a pokemon like Happini, Audino, or comfey? Their supportive movesets would work well with my training style... oh, a Popplio would be amazing too!"

at this point Irene laughs "You know it's kind of hard to pick a pokemon when I don't know what they have."

and at that point Irene decided that the best pokemon would be an alonan vulpix that way with an ice/rock and an ice/fairy for noivern specifically she would always have a team ready to counter Izzy :P

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:04 am

Koa

The Crawdaunt charges up- Firing out a large stream of bubbles for 70(192) damage..! Or would, rather- If he wasn't so sturdy, and took only 54 damage instead... He's also slowed down, as Rawku retaliates- Doing hefty damage that it is forced to take on the chin...

2 turns of light remaining
2 uses left.
Malamar(25/10) very lightly injured recalled
Kikolo(21) recalled
Crawdaunt(11/6) heavily injured -1 SPD
Rawku(5) 64/98 -1 SPD

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:07 am

Searching for a place to organise staying at while waiting for a response: 4
My game:

My characters: