PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Home to all current Forum Games.
The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by The Lost » Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:49 pm

"Don't worry it's not being aggressive, just a bit ...annoyed.

I'm sorry if I annoyed you. I'm not a threat and I don't intend on fighting you guys."

She'll have Cushion out

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:26 pm

Bruce steps into the clearing behind Haley. He stays silent until he can better figure out if the Venusaur are either going to get violent or run.

Bruce will have Shadow out.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:59 am

Approach to Hantu

The group of trainers find their approach toward Hantu to go relatively peaceful all things considered. At least in the grand scope of things. A couple of battles happen en route, some by their own hand, most not. But besides that little thing, for once everything seems to have returned to some sense of normalcy. At least, until they arrive at the edge of Hantu... And for a moment, they wonder if they stepped into the past.

Most of the buildings they see appear ancient. Built not with any sense of modern architecture, but medieval ones. Yet many appeared as if they had, in the grand scope of things at least, been built in relatively recent times... Though, looking closer, it does quickly become obvious that they did not step in the past, at least. While many of the buildings appeared old, not all of them were, more modern buildings strewn about, including a pokecenter and some smaller shops. In addition, many of the older buildings had some renovations done to them, putting in insulated windows where obviously before there had been none, the frames of far newer make than the actual buildings. The docks in the far distance, too, looked far more modern... If perhaps somewhat disused.

Exploration of the city would reveal why, to an extent, at least, as it turns out that the Trinity Isles had occupants, before the old Leauge came to colonize. Though little was known of that little populace today, after they were... "Reintegrated" into society. Much of the older buildings remained to this date, as new construction efforts were focused on other parts, Hantu demoted to a transport town. Even that was now far less prominent, now the railway had been build connecting the south shore straight to the capital, transporting far more than any amount of trucks could do.

And it wasn't before long, that the group of trainers would of course seek out the gym as well. And here they were to meet with an unexpected surprise. The gym did look a bit odd from the outside, perhaps... It looked more like a church, than anything else, gothic spires rising high and making it by far the most prominent building in town. The clock tower up front, while clearly also ancient, simultaneously seeming like the most advanced thing in town from such an age past. The leader was quite clearly a bit of an oddball, too. A mask covering the upper half of his face, revealing only his mouth and smooth jawline. Sticking out behind him a mess of short, but extremely messy hair, while otherwise dressed in a fine suit... And greeting the group with a deep bow. Though perhaps with how persistent Luna had been to get the group there, they should have expected what was to come.

"Ah. A lass with long golden hair, carrying herself in such a manner," the leader started, eyes seemingly turned to the girl now. "And the name..?"

"Luna. Okeer should have you told I was coming, right?"

At the confirmation of the name, the man's grin did indeed widen, the information he was keeping pursed behind his lips finally allowed to go free. "Indeed he has. What an exciting time! And a tragic one too, of course," he quickly adds, before his posture seems to betray a sudden surprise.

"But oh, where are my own manners. I am Othello, leader of the ghost gym. Welcome to it... Or perhaps we should call it by it's real name, The church of the Damned. Or the ghost temple. I've heard you adventurous lot have some experience with that?" he asked, taking a glance back toward Luna, and the group, and quickly realized that while him and the girl might be fully in the know, there was at least some confusion among the group.

"Aha, I see, you may not yet have the full story. Or are you perhaps confused this measly little place is supposed to be the temple?" he asked, arms briefly flailing in a grand demonstration. And indeed, while the cathedral they were in was by no means small, it also... Didn't quite seem to match up against the grand scale of a proper temple.

"Well, consider the room you are in nothing but the entryway. And the whole place, as seems fitting for the ghost temple, to be haunted. Stay inside this place while the clock hits midnight, and you'll find yourself brought to an entirely different world! Usually, that's a part of the gym challenge, but... I've heard you all had quite enough of that, so I will not be forcing anyone."

Okeer nodded, but Luna did speak up. "I have to deliver Charon, of course, so I'll have to. And speak with Okeer, as well..."

"Ah, yes, of course," the gym leader nodded, turning back to the trainers. "I'm not certain if anyone ever really explained to all of you what this church is, so I suppose I shall briefly go over it. It's... I'd like to wrap fancy words around it, because it's more than just that, but for all intents and purposes it's a prison. In ages past, in darker times, there were times when capital punishment... Wasn't enough, for some. After all, it meant they'd simply pass on to the afterlife. How is that proper, for such vile criminals?"

"Humanity eventually got to implement its own plan... The spiritomb were created. Soul prisons. And those vile people would be caught within them, and then, brought here. The supposed idea was that they were to be rehabilitated before they could go to the afterlife, but... I just like to think we know better in these times."

"But I still have a Spiritomb to deliver," the girl added. Othello seeming to grin widely for a moment again.

"Indeed! It is quite an exciting prospect! Though, ah, again, a very serious one. My apologies. Still, we can get them inside, and then... Well, they'll just be stuck like all the others, I suppose..."

"...Ah, apologies. There is one little caveat about this whole supposed rehabilitation thing," Okeer spoke, addressing the trainers once again. "The matter of fact is, when one is deemed fit for release, that... Well, it's not like they can just leave. They still have to wait until the next time the ritual is performed to choose the next overseer. The church is somewhere in between the land of the living and dead, and the ritual is what allows it to connect all the way- If that makes sense. It's a kind of magic which is frankly, far above my pay grade."

"The issue with that ritual of course, is... It requires a human sacrifice. The person that is to become the next overseer, has to die, and become bound to the temple. I've heard in ages past it was considered a honor to do it, and it happened only once a century, but... In modern times, to do such a thing seems... Barbaric. It seems like an impossible situation to have a nice answer, doesn't it?"

"Or so I thought..."

"I've been stalling on answering a particular question for a couple of days, knowing you'd be coming here. I feel like you're in a more qualified position than me to answer it- So I'm sorry if I'm shifting the burden to you."

"Like I said, I was approached a couple days ago, by two men in somewhat strange garb. Scientists of sorts, I thought. They introduced themselves as a part of the Godslayers. And after a whole spiel that now their leader had revealed themselves, they could slowly start offering help to the wider world... And gave an offer to help me with this."

"Supposedly, they've created an artificial soul, of sorts. They think they can use it to trick the temple. Perform this ritual, with no actual death."

"That... Well... What does Okeer think?" Luna asked, the gym leader giving a somewhat painful frown in response.

"Okeer... Well, from what he knows of this group, he seems quite convinced that they'd want to use this to get their hands on something. But despite that... He would want to accept. Personally he seems to believe it'll be worth it, if it will be a final end to the dark history of this place."

"...I don't like it myself. If it is what we think it is, to give it to them would be bad. But I can't keep Okeer stuck here, not after what I did. So if there's no other solution..."

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:37 am

“Um....I don’t trust godslayers and Idon’t think we should sacrifice anyone. ...That um artifical soul thing, do you know how it’s made? Maybe they killed someone for it... or did something just as horrific.

But if they didn’t I still wouldn’t trust them. I think that maybe we can try to find out how to make oneourselves? Can you wait for that long at least? We can probably steal that information from them and see if its worth it.

Another option seems to be to destroy the prizon and not form another one? But I don’t know what that means exacly for the mon...”

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:06 am

The Lost wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:37 am “Um....I don’t trust godslayers and Idon’t think we should sacrifice anyone. ...That um artifical soul thing, do you know how it’s made? Maybe they killed someone for it... or did something just as horrific.

But if they didn’t I still wouldn’t trust them. I think that maybe we can try to find out how to make oneourselves? Can you wait for that long at least? We can probably steal that information from them and see if its worth it.

Another option seems to be to destroy the prizon and not form another one? But I don’t know what that means exacly for the mon...”
Othello responds that sadly he does not know, though the Godslayers claimed nothing living was used in its creation.

Luna seems opposed to trying to figure it out themselves. She doesn't believe any of the group would have that kind of knowledge, nor the means to actually act upon it. It's stalling for something Othello has been waiting on for nearly two centuries now.

The proposal of destroying the prison on the other hand seems to cause some conflict. Othello seems against it, because despite it's darker purposes, he still considers it an important cultural site, and there's more than just the prison. Luna, after thinking about it for some time, actually seems to agree that the temple is a relic of the past that was oft abused. In each case, Othello points out that it's a moot point anyway, as none of them have any means to actually destroy it. Given the strange nature of the world between, conventional methods of trying to destroy something wouldn't work.

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:07 pm

I don't trust the Godslayers. If it's fake, they're trying to trick us. If it's real, they create their dream candidate for overseer.

As for the sacrifice, as gruesome as it is, there isn't one terminally ill sap who would do anything to get a little more life here, even if it's an afterlife? Still able to look after their family and all that. Find the right person and they might even thank us.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:15 pm

"Yeah... ya gotta think of what those Godslayer guys are after, yeah? I mean, it's probably not a big deal to them to help you guys out if it gets them what they want. Best case scenario is that the whole thing works out perfectly, but then what? They want your cube or something like that? I think them getting their hands on what they're after is a lot more bad than the good they're offering, yeah?"

"I hate to say this, but... Okeer's been waiting a long time, yeah? Can't he wait just a bit longer 'til you guys find a better answer than this one?"

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat May 01, 2021 6:04 am

SamWiser wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:07 pm I don't trust the Godslayers. If it's fake, they're trying to trick us. If it's real, they create their dream candidate for overseer.

As for the sacrifice, as gruesome as it is, there isn't one terminally ill sap who would do anything to get a little more life here, even if it's an afterlife? Still able to look after their family and all that. Find the right person and they might even thank us.
Othello states that this had indeed been considered. But besides the ethical issues, it's also not truly a solution. Whoever would pick Okeer's place, would be the one to inherit what was now essentially a curse. "Stuck", until the next time someone sacrifices themselves. And what then? Would they keep the next guy stuck until the endless cycle would simply continue? With perhaps a couple exceptions, it's not like they'd truly be able to "live", still.
SuperVaderMan wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:15 pm "Yeah... ya gotta think of what those Godslayer guys are after, yeah? I mean, it's probably not a big deal to them to help you guys out if it gets them what they want. Best case scenario is that the whole thing works out perfectly, but then what? They want your cube or something like that? I think them getting their hands on what they're after is a lot more bad than the good they're offering, yeah?"

"I hate to say this, but... Okeer's been waiting a long time, yeah? Can't he wait just a bit longer 'til you guys find a better answer than this one?"
Othello appears to be confused about the mention of any cube, but quickly concedes there may be things you know he does not, and seems to make no attempt to learn more. But while the man seems to somewhat reluctantly agree, Luna is a bit more vocal.

"And what better solution? He's spent well over a century longer with this burden than he should have, and still no one has a clue, besides to make someone else suffer. I- No... I know giving it to them would be too dangerous, but... I can't. Not when I'm partly responsible in the first place. And it's easy for us to make this decision! We're not the ones trapped!"

Still, as the others chime in their opinion, stating they do not trust the Godslayers- At worst thinking it's a trick, at best that their plan will get them the ghost cube. Eventually, even Luna seems like she has to give in.

"...Okay. Yeah... Yeah. I'm sure. Certain that one of us will think of a plan that'll both free everyone, and put an end to this cycle, without getting the item in the wrong hands."

(Current progression selected: Ignore the offer. Continue? )

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Sat May 01, 2021 7:10 pm

"We just listed a few suggestions on how to end it for good. Destroy the prison, steal their tech and make a new artificial soul, steal the soul. You really think there is no solution, but really it's solutions that you don't want to think of. Anyways, I think we should destroy the prison, there is no reason as to keep it running is there? Asides from tradition? Why are they prizoned for anyways? If the warden has been trapped for centuries then what about those in the prison?"

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon May 03, 2021 3:40 pm

The Lost wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 7:10 pm "We just listed a few suggestions on how to end it for good. Destroy the prison, steal their tech and make a new artificial soul, steal the soul. You really think there is no solution, but really it's solutions that you don't want to think of. Anyways, I think we should destroy the prison, there is no reason as to keep it running is there? Asides from tradition? Why are they prizoned for anyways? If the warden has been trapped for centuries then what about those in the prison?"
"Oh, do not worry, I am not disagreeing. I am certain someone can think of a plan that'd involve saving everyone, and yet not getting it in the Godslayers hands."

"As for your question," Othello adds, "It varies. Any crime that is seen as severe enough to warrant it. That varied a lot over the ages. And yes, many are stuck just like the overseer. Many even longer than that. Not... All of them were cleared for release, in a sense."

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon May 03, 2021 5:39 pm

"I agree with the idea of finding someone who doesn't have long left for a replacement. And if, for some reason, that doesn't work, we can talk some sense into the gods, to see what they can achieve about this place. Some of them are issues, but others seem to have changed with the world, so they'll recognise that this is inhumane. All else fails, I can taunt Regigas until he loses his temper. Surely a god on his level should be capable of destroying this place, even between the physical and spiritual worlds as it is."

"The basis of this place is... Flawed, anyway. I myself am one for law and order, but this is not that. In one age someone's actions may warrant trapping them here, in another it may be seen as nothing but a misdemeanor. 'Eternal' punishment isn't right. So we'll help you solve this for certain, you can trust that."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue May 11, 2021 4:10 pm

Deadly dilemmas resolved

The trainers resolution is set. No deals will be made. And hopefully, some day in the future, they could fix things themselves. Othello defers to their judgement, admitting that while he knows a good bit of the occult, there is a lot of information he's not been made privy too... Or that he cared to find out. "Secrets ought to remain secrets," as he would wisely claim.

Throughout it all, Luna simply nods, but some of the words the trainers still had said seem to be twisting something with her internally. She goes from seemingly peaceful, back to seemingly conflicted... Though likely not for the reason the trainers might presume as she speaks up again.

"You've learned a lot, but whenever information was not solicited, it seems you never pressed... So has Okeer ever told you about the reward, for taking the title of overseer?"

"A reward?" the eccentric man questions, somehow a perplexed expression visible even past that mask. "Not that I know of, no."

"Typical. I presume he didn't want anyone of ill intent wanting to sign up because of it. But I'll spare the information instead, because... Well, it might be the solution we need."

"The unown for this temple are... Special. They are called the Sleeper. It was never my domain so I am no expert, but they form some kind of greater engine, a power source I think used by those who call themselves hexers and other things..? Not the point. The point is, if you sign the hundred year contract. You get a wish."

"We'd need someone to use that wish, to destroy the temple."

"It's not perfect. You'd still need someone on their deathbed I presume, that's willing to make a sacrifice for the greater good... But it would end the cycle, once and for all."

"...And I WILL offer myself, if by the end of all this we cannot find someone. Just... I had to share now, you know. Considering we do not know what may or may not happen in the journey."

Othello gives a pensive nod. With that little bit of info shared, however, it seemed business had been laid at the rest. No doubt the trainers would spend at least a day or two hanging around, grabbing the gym badge, and seeing what was about.

(Suggested action: charter boat to Hamachi island)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri May 21, 2021 5:42 pm

Journey by sea

The trainers, done with their work in Hantu, plan to continue. It takes them a bit to find a captain that was willing to take them, but eventually they do manage to charter a ship that would take them there. A journey that'd take them several days, time spent fishing, enjoying the view, and one instance of fighting a giant sea serpent. The usual.

Though en route they do receive one message. From no else than Tex, perhaps just a bit distressed. And, well... He argues it'd be better if he simply sends over a video to show the trainers exactly what happened.

Base assault
► Show Spoiler
(TLDR: Tex got a visit from the Godslayers at the base, but seems they were interested only in the secret lab that already got raided in the past.)

With that potentially... Troubling? Good? News, out of the way, the party finally arrives at Hamachi. Somehow, despite not having travelled nearly far enough south that it should have any noticeable effect, a tropical atmosphere seems to hang around the island, sun constantly blazing in the sky. Though the village is more quaint than anything too big, all there is to see mostly being related to tourism, the actual village not seeming to have too many active inhabitants.

Perhaps the slowly smoking volcano that stood on the other end of the island could have something to do with that. A nice attraction. Perhaps not the best place to live, on an island with no escape routes.

And then... The trainers realize that they don't really have much of a plan, yet.

"So... What now?" Isabella is first to ask, pointing this out, Jeremy adding to the conversation. "Well... Grimm was going to come here, right? Maybe he's already here? Just... Floating over the water, I guess..?"

"Maybe. That, or we ask Spark, I guess, he wanted us to do this right? Or-" they continued, briefly interrupted by the sound of Alex' pokedex ringing. And a rather... Interesting message.

Code: Select all

I know what you're trying to do.

Come to the attached address.

Ring the bell five times and enter.
(Suggestions:
-Try and find Grimm
-Ask Spark for help
-Go to the address )

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon May 24, 2021 7:13 am

"Might as well go visit. Cryptic message that only I receive, got to be interesting, at least. Worst case, it's a prank. Second worst case, it's a trap. Best case, they help. Any objections?"

My vote: Go to the address.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Tue May 25, 2021 9:07 pm

"Tex, find the bug and try to hack into it. I'll help you hack it on my end, maybe we can have insight to where the godslayers might go next. I had plans on hacking them anyways and they so politely gave us a means to do so.~"

I may need your help with this sparky, any boost we can get to figure out their whereabouts and activities is good.  I plan on making a trojan to constantly gain data, and maybe a sleeping virus that is just enough to be mine to help you gain access to thier equipment whenever we need it. ;)  		
My vote: Door and sparky :3

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed May 26, 2021 3:59 pm

The Lost wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 9:07 pm "Tex, find the bug and try to hack into it. I'll help you hack it on my end, maybe we can have insight to where the godslayers might go next. I had plans on hacking them anyways and they so politely gave us a means to do so.~"

I may need your help with this sparky, any boost we can get to figure out their whereabouts and activities is good.  I plan on making a trojan to constantly gain data, and maybe a sleeping virus that is just enough to be mine to help you gain access to thier equipment whenever we need it. ;)  		
Tex relays that he indeed thought to search for some kind of bug after somehow being found, though he admits he's not sure when it would even be implemented in the first place. After all, he had never even seen Goser before this day, all communication and payments for the deal they struck happening over either phone or internet before that. So his only recourse was that he must somehow have been tracked through his cellphone, even though the device seems to be clean, and he has implemented security measures to hide his location... As much as is possible while still needing to make calls. He's likely going to switch number and device, even though it might no longer do any good. No other potential bugs was found.

Sparky meanwhile, says that Haley might be a bit preemptively excited that even if something is found, they could actively go that far. Or that his help could be done for naught...

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat May 29, 2021 6:31 pm

The double agent

"Might as well go visit. Cryptic message that only I receive, got to be interesting, at least. Worst case, it's a prank. Second worst case, it's a trap. Best case, they help. Any objections?"

The group seems to largely be in agreement they can hardly ignore such a message. Though Isabella disagrees on what order of "worst" Alex describes is. Many probably do.

Not that it stops them from simply having to dive in head first, and hope for the best. The address in question soon reached, located at the outer edge of the village. It's more like a shack than a house, really- Some kind of storage space? It looks quite ordinary, besides maybe not having too much room to actually enter... As instructions are followed. Bell rung once. Twice... Nervousness seeming to rise as there seemed to not be as much as a kick from the inside, until the fifth ring came rewarded with the lightest of "clicks", the door unlocking. Soon pressing in further, the insides of the place somewhat dusty, though there had recently been movement judging by some trails left behind. Trails leading to a video set... And the screen turning to life to bring forth a face familiar, and one that might cause some light panic.

The grinning visage of the once again same crazy scientist, Goser.

"Hello again! How very nice to see a whole bunch of you again. Well, it's what I'd like to say, but I'm afraid this is only a recording. Circumstances mean I sadly cannot speak to you in the flesh, for now."

"And before you begin panicking, allow me to point out that while I may like theatrics, even I cannot deny it would have been far easier to intercept you all on your little boat. Not the first time someone goes missing on the ocean."

"But believe it or not, I've no interest to see a bunch of kids thrown in a cozy dungeon. Though I suppose it's not entirely altruism," the man shrugged. "Truth is you've earned some respect for the thorough trashing you've given me in the past. That, and while I am far from betraying the goal of our little organization, I must admit that I have a more private plan as well. And for it I'd much rather see you free."

"So, take that as a personal promise! No matter what you decide to do, I'll turn a blind eye to your exploits. Even if you decide to go and try and raid a certain base of ours, no?" the man spoke, grin present for a moment, before it suddenly fell. It seemed like the scientist was trying his utmost to look serious, if only for just a moment.

"Although if I had to give my most sincere advice. I'd turn back while you still can. You've got help from some gods or the Spark I presume, but sooner or later, someone else will figure this out even with my intervention. And they will likely not be as kind as I am," he finished, before his smile returned.

"Though I suppose you would not have come this far only to give up now. So, I propose a trade. I'll help you with your infiltration. In a box in the cupboard below this setup, there will be a bunch of interesting information for you. Some floor plans, spots of interest, a little hack tool of my own design that'll get you through most places, an assessment of the threats you'll be facing... If you did not know yet, the entire place is meant to be a trap. Lucky for you, there's a way to shut down a majority of the defenses. And they are expecting a god, not a bunch of kids."

"In turn, my only request for now is this: Firstly, I want a full report what happened in the hidden base you explored. Every little saucy detail you have. Put it on a little memory chip, write it down on paper, I do not care, simply leave it in the cupboard where you will find the box. Secondly, in one of the storage rooms inside the base, marked on one of the maps will be a piece of equipment. I'd have you steal it. If in the future, we manage to strike another deal, you may need it."

And with that, the tape finally comes to a stop. Leaving likely puzzled trainers to consider the message.

(Suggested actions:
>Accept the offer
>Ignore the offer
>???
)

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Sat May 29, 2021 8:48 pm

Haley frowns at the mad scientist, not really trusting him. She pulls out her dex to record the conversation and starts texting sparky.

You hearing this shit?  Wanna bet some of that stuff is bugged?  
She goes over and looks at the instrument where Goser recorded the message. "So....why should we trust you and what do you get out of this?"

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun May 30, 2021 12:51 am

"Even if it's not just a recording, Haley, he's not going to reply to questions. It would take an idiot to pull some "this is just a recording" thing and then react to something that's said. That said, if he wants to know what happened in that base it means there was something they wanted there. Which means whatever we reveal about the place is just beneficial for them."
My game:

My characters:

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sun May 30, 2021 2:04 pm

"Yeah, there's no way we're trusting that guy," Koa agrees with a huff, miffed that Goser had apparently busted out of jail at some point. "Former Plasma member, current Godslayer? He's nothing but bad news."

Though, Koa was put off by the fact that Goser knew the trainers were here. But if he's willing to inconvenience the Godslayers for his own purposes, maybe the Godslayers at large don't know about the trainers' plans, yet? Maybe it was just Goser that took a specific interest in the trainers after his defeat, and he's been privately tracking them, leaving the Godslayers in the dark?

In any case, Koa will text the Spark about it. Just how is Goser tracking the trainers? The Spark, out of anyone, would know, wouldn't they?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:00 am

The Lost wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 8:48 pm

You hearing this shit?  Wanna bet some of that stuff is bugged?  
Dlover wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 12:51 am "Even if it's not just a recording, Haley, he's not going to reply to questions. It would take an idiot to pull some "this is just a recording" thing and then react to something that's said. That said, if he wants to know what happened in that base it means there was something they wanted there. Which means whatever we reveal about the place is just beneficial for them."
SuperVaderMan wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 2:04 pm "Yeah, there's no way we're trusting that guy," Koa agrees with a huff, miffed that Goser had apparently busted out of jail at some point. "Former Plasma member, current Godslayer? He's nothing but bad news."
Haley also starts talking, trying to address the now static, frozen image of the researcher, though Alex points out that even if he was actively listening he wouldn't be stupid enough to actually respond. In each case, the trainer's response seems to be rather unanimous a "Hell no", no trust given to a person with such a history. Though, it does get them talking, and asking questions... First one from Haley, being about bugs.

Well... There is a bug, sort of. :)

There's a little latch hidden on the box. Seems it's going to send a radio pulse if it's opened. :o

But besides that, everything in the box seems clean. :)
"Ah, well, I guess we can't really just... Look at the info and then leave it, as if we didn't accept the deal..." Jeremy speaks, Isabella scoffing at the suggestion.

"And what if he did anyway? What is he gonna do? Spill us out to his group? As if he wasn't going to do that anyway."

"Well... You obviously know him better than me, but... It does seem that if he knew where we were going, and really wanted to capture us, they'd be doing something... Well, not this," Luna idly comments, met with a slightly less harsh scoff.

"Even assuming he has a plan that involves actually helping us, no way he's not getting it out of himself. He probably just intends to blackmail us into doing what he actually wants us to do later!"

"And, if the blackmail is him sending the godslayers against us if we don't comply, couldn't he be doing that regardless..?"

That comment seems to leave Isabella silent, if frowning, as they seem to internally debate still what to do. Koa meanwhile, asking how Goser would even know in the first place.

Well...

Most realistically, Goser probably has some kind of access into the league database. :/

It shouldn't come as too much of a surprise that they keep track of your whereabouts with those pokedexes of yours :o

For "security", of course.

It's not perfect, of course. :)

Can't get an accurate gps signal if you're underground. :)

Or if a certain little old god of technology makes sure the gps is a bit scrambled. ;)

But... Yes, assuming this is in fact how he did it, the broad strokes of your journey would not have been hard to follow.
(Suggestions:
>Check the info in the box
>Leave
)

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:17 am

”Phhht hah. Only a radio signal? Okay lets jam the signal on the box, open the box and take pictures of it’s contents and put it back. Or we can have a ghost mon swipe the contents. Sparky can you tell where the radio signal will broadcast to? Mayve we can find Goser’s where abouts.

Ya, sparky set up the VPN, make it look like we are here for now but when we set off send the gps on a diffirent direction.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:17 pm

"Well, no bugs means we can talk freely, then. So, we could just open the thing and write out most of what happened. That being things that don't involve the core or the decision to repair the airship. Or a ghost could phase in there, read what it can, and I can use aura stuff to communicate what it sees."
My game:

My characters:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:35 am

Cheating the deal

The party decides the intel at least might still be useful, but of course don't want to tip off Goser. So... Haley simply undoes the little "trap" on it. She makes it look easy, even, like all she does is simply unscrewing the latch before opening it; even making it so to make sure that after she put everything back, it'd be like they never even opened it in the first place.

Which gives the trainers full access to the insides. And it contains seemingly a bunch of useful information.

The first one seems to be a full map of the complex. There's only one real entrance seems like, and it's kind of a long hallway. Not an ideal entrance, obviously. But the map helpfully provides a layout of the ventillation, and some additional points of where the intake fans are located on the surface, if hidden. Goser mentions that as long as one watches out for patrols, it should give a reasonable entry, and get one closer to any eventual objectives than just the entrance would... There's also a couple rooms and outside locations marked where the roof should be relatively thin. Which would give a more direct, if not as subtle entrance.

The general layout of the place seems to be that the corridor that also serves as the entranceway carries through the middle of the complex, splitting up into two large wings. All the way off to the left seems to be the main experiment room, including the big room from which they'll want to steal the box, surrounded by storage and smaller experiment rooms and workshops of some kind. On the other side meanwhile was a place marked as a control room, together with living space and various rooms that were needed to maintain a group of people such as dining rooms, kitchens, gyms, even some game rooms, together with other utilities... Strangely enough, it seems that at the far side of the complex there is another exit- But judging by the current layout, and where the base is located, said exit would lead inside the volcano. Goser himself has marked it as a "dead end", at least.

Of those locations, Goser makes note that if they want the fairy box, it'll be located in the main testing chamber at one of the very ends... But he also notes that it's a trap. The place is designed to lock them in, and flood the place with sleeping gas while someone equipped to deal with it would be fighting them, as well as activate some turrets and other defenses.

Luckily for the trainers, anything besides the person fighting them can be disabled from the control room. And with the provided hack tool, it should be done swiftly. He suggests one party should deal with going to the control room and hacking it, while the other team ought to go claim the box. It should also deal with a part of the robotic defenses, though he cannot guarantee Pearl would have some over a seperate network to prevent just this.

Which finally brings them to the report of the potential threats. There's only a couple researchers in base, and most likely won't want to fight unless backed into a corner. There are a good number of Euler clones, though they shouldn't prove too much of an issue, as well as a couple combat drones operated by Pearl. Speaking of which, that mention leads into a couple "notable individuals" they should be aware of.

The first one is Pearl herself, one of the lead scientists. Supposedly she's a bit of a technical wiz, and controls the mechanical defenses that are present. She'll likely try and avoid direct confrontation, but that doesn't mean she can't be a menace from the shadows. If they're not careful, she might be able to counteract the hacking tool (the writing suggests, unaware it appears the trainers will not be taking it). Finally, she's been entrusted some kind of weapon by Prometheus called "Soulbreaker". Needless to say, it doesn't sound like a good thing.

Secondly is Ruby. This seems to be the person in some kind of mechsuit they've seen multiple times before. She (a she, apparently?) will no doubt prove to be a major threat, as she's been the one assigned to taking out who or whatever takes the bait. She's got incredible direct combat potential, and a full team of strong pokemon to boot. Goser's documentation presses that while she may be only one person, she should not be underestimated by any means.

And finally, though Goser's documentation mentions that it likely is unnecessary information, there is a third person they might want to watch out for. "Thirteen" as he is called, which at first glance seems to be another one of the Eulers, though this one has changed up his appearance some. The notes remark that while every clone shows some "deviation" from the base, he is exceptionally so, and should not be treated as another grunt, should the trainers encounter them. However, it also notes that Thirteen is showing signs he may defect... So barring that they accidentally stumble on them or hunt them out, it's entirely possible that they won't even come looking for them while the rest of the base is barreling down on them.

And while it's a lot to take in, that seems to be the end of all the information... As they carefully put it all back in the box, just like it was. Assuming that

"That's a lot to take in... But seems like it could be useful, yeah?"

"Assuming it's being truthful. So what's next?"

Suggestions:
>Assault base?
>Try and find find grimm

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:19 pm

Haley will take pictures of all the schematics and information before putting the stuff back where it went at. She suggests that they get gas masks and other equipment. She will read the book on robotics that she has to give her more of an edge. "I'll go to the control room and I'll try to use the equipment against them. Do you think we can get grimmm and his ghost buddies to also help?" (Team tech)

Programming for dummies
Description: This book, while covering some more advanced subjects, is primarily intended for those with little experience in the field.
Novice tech edu: The user grants a +2 to all rolls relating to any kind of digital item.
Expert tech edu: When dealing with a robotic enemy, the user can, while in melee range, make a tech EDU check with DC 14. If successful, they can apply one of the following status conditions, even if the robotic enemy is usually immune: asleep, paralyzed or confused.