PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Home to all current Forum Games.
User avatar
SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 7212

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by SamWiser » Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:06 am

Bruce is also somewhat interested to see what water pokemon there are, though is willing to skip it if there isn't much more interest.

Rolls just in case.

Survival=10
Per=3


Also, how long is this journey? I want to try making the Porygon on the last day of the trip.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

User avatar
SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 6116

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by SuperVaderMan » Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:50 am

Koa has no interest in any of the immediately available pokemon, so he'll lead the group onwards!

At least a couple of the trainers seem interested in the lake (though not himself), so Koa will take that particular detour.

Perception and Survival - lake detour:
2D6 = [1, 4] = 5
6D6+2 = [6, 3, 5, 1, 5, 6]+2 = 28

User avatar
The Lost
Converses Frequently
Posts: 535

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by The Lost » Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:02 pm

Haley is interested in the Breloom and wants to get one real quick, and to take a quick picture of the wilderness to put in the archive.

surv [6d6+2] = 18+2 = 20
Per [6d6+3] = 20+3 = 23


+2 on per if anything that she took a pic of, +2 per/surv if glitched.

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 13949

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:42 pm

Everyone

As Haley points out she's interested in the Breloom, the group briefly pauses, Isabella the one to ask the questions.

"Alright, that shouldn't take long. Me and Jeremy can help, yeah? And anyone else that wants to. If you guys wait up a little bit in the direction of that lake, we should be able to catch up. And are we going in fighting, or..?"
► Show Spoiler
As a couple of people (presumably) stick around with Haley to capture some Breloom, the rest of the group continues on. And indeed, it doesn't take too long to find the lake in question. It's nothing too impressive... But most definitely big enough to contain some fish. Something that seems evident if one were to look at the people that were already there- Five grizzled old men briefly turning to the arriving trainers as they all sit in a neat line near the edge of the water, each one of them with a fishing hook cast out. The one closest briefly moves a hand closer to his lips as if issuing a command to stay silent and not chase away the fish, before returning his attention to the water.
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
Posts: 13916
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Dlover » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:12 pm

Alex will stick with Haley; more interested in fighting types than fish.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

User avatar
The Lost
Converses Frequently
Posts: 535

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by The Lost » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:14 pm

Haley takes out her styler, ready to wrangle one if they turn violent suddenly.

"Hiya, Amma grass specialist and I was wonderin' if any of ya wanna come with me ta kick some ass."
charm [2d6+2] = 6+2 = 8

(Does haley notice any that are odd/off/glitched?)

User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
Posts: 13916
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Dlover » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:57 pm

Alex will keep an eye on their auras, too, to watch for any hostility.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

User avatar
SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 7212

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by SamWiser » Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:34 am

Bruce will head to the lake and see if there are any nearby pokemon, either in the water or on the shore.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7999
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:43 pm

Izzy sticks with the lake group, but she's not interested in any fish. Instead, she and Kay do a brief loop of the lake from above, then land nearby and continue to watch the shoreline from a distance. She's mainly interested in any Pokemon that might come to the water to drink - especially birds or other Flying types.

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 13949

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:16 pm

Haley, Alex

Haley and Alex stick around for a while longer, as to start with, Haley decides to try and do things peacefully- Seeing the approach, the part fighting types do seem to brace, seeming more like the fighting type rather than the flighting type. They seem to hesitate for a moment as Haley calls out to them, however... Though, the trainer gets the distinct sense the only reason she's not outright dismissed, or attacked, is because the Pokemon in question are surprised by her ability to "speak" to them. Still, one of them cranes it's neck up and fluffs some spores on it's neck as it's the one to respond.

"Human strange. Talk funny. No."

(No glitches present)

Others

The other meanwhile skip on just a bit ahead, arriving at the lake not much further on. Besides the previous observations, they do notice some Pokemon as well. In the lake, sometimes coming close enough to the surface to be spotted, seem to be some whiscash. No doubt there might be hidden even more under the surface, though harder to tell. Further away lounging at the side of the lake seem to be a feraligatr, and some of its smaller kin. While Izzy searches for some birds. She does notice a swanna and some duckletts, far away from the aligator pokemon, but still on the lake. She also spots a couple birds that aren't quite at the waterfront, but have nested up somewhere nearby- A couple Toucannon, and some Trumbeak.

"Well, we have to wait for the others to catch up, so we might as well spend some time here."

User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
Posts: 13916
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Dlover » Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:38 pm

"That doesn't really look like an agreeable posture. Shall I try? Or are we just going to go straight to demonstrating that your team are strong?"
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

User avatar
The Lost
Converses Frequently
Posts: 535

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by The Lost » Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:45 pm

”Sure go ahead, but if that does not work, that’s fine...”

User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
Posts: 13916
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Dlover » Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:33 pm

Alex straightens out his vest, making eye contact with the breloom which had reacted and pushing out his aura (using Aura Pulse) to absolutely ensure he's understood, "My friend here is a very capable person, and none of the pokemon to work with her are by any means weak. That is something I can assure you, having gone through battles together. You have potential as well, and working with us would guarantee that potential being unleashed. For such an honour like that, anyone should jump to it."

Charm + Elemental Connection + AP: 6D6+6 = [1, 4, 4, 5, 5, 1]+6 = 26

((Ah yes, 26, a slightly below average result in the given circumstances... Jeez, Alex may be blind, but I love the results of social interactions. XD))
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

User avatar
The Lost
Converses Frequently
Posts: 535

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by The Lost » Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:14 am

”And if ya don’t think so, well how about a one on one?” Haley will use sunlight within on Buttercup. (And because I forgot she’ll use it on Amber as well when she has the time)

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7999
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Dusk9 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:12 am

Landing with the others by the lakeside, Izzy releases Snaps so he can go play in the water. The little croc eagerly dives in, happy to stretch his muscles after far too long confined to the PokeCenter box.

Izzy, meanwhile, turns her attention to the Toucannon and Trumbeak nearby.

"So...I'm thinking about going to say hi to some birds, in the trees over there. Anyone interested in coming along? You know, in case they're a bit....aggressive?"

User avatar
SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 6116

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by SuperVaderMan » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:11 am

"Oh! Yeah, sure, I'll come with." Koa offers, not really interested in any of the pokemon within eyesight.

While Izzy's doing her thing with the birds, Koa will keep an eye out for edible plants or otherwise, if there happen to be any nearby!

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7999
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Dusk9 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:20 pm

"Great! Let's go."

With Koa in tow, Izzy begins walking towards where she last saw the birds. Then, realising that everyone here has seen it before, she switches to floating instead.

As they approach, she tries to look as welcoming and friendly as possible, giving the Toucannon a wave.

"Hey there! Do you mind if we join you?"

Charm [Elemental Connection]: 6D6+3 = [6, 4, 1, 3, 2, 3]+3 = 22

User avatar
SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 7212

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by SamWiser » Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:23 pm

"So...I'm thinking about going to say hi to some birds, in the trees over there. Anyone interested in coming along? You know, in case they're a bit....aggressive?"

I can come with as well. Keep an eye out for if they start a fight.

Bruce lets out Scraps and Aggy, letting them chill by/in the water. Then he lets Tops out to act as bodyguard as he stands behind Izzy
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 13949

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:58 pm

Alex, Haley

As Haley takes a step back, Alex takes a step in, bringing out his own offer. And something in his tone of voice seems to soothe the Pokemon somewhat. Doubtful, though far more friendly- And now, when Haley offers to prove herself in a more friendly manner, it seems far more considered, before the leader takes a hop forward.

"Ok. Me duel one of you to prove yourself. Then maybe one of us join if impressed."

Izzy, Koa, Bruce

Izzy meanwhile, at the lake, decides to go examine the toucannon, Koa and Bruce joining just in case something goes awry. Well, partially- While Koa does join, his focus on now is for the trees, and any ingredients he could use. And his keen eyes and survival instincts do spot a couple things! A couple bushes with some berries that should be able to be eaten, some nettles he could prick too. Enough for 200 dollars worth of food scrap, taking just a bit to gather up.

And while Bruce let's out his pokemon to play nearby, Izzy is the one to float in close. The fact she's floating definitely noticed, making the flying Pokemon somewhat curious.

"Hey there! Do you mind if we join you?"

The two lead toucannon tilt their head somewhat curiously, seeming to turn at each other and caw as if talking, before turning back to Izzy and letting out another caw. Judging from their posture, while not completely off guard, they seem to like the mystery girl enough to not mind her "joining"... Whatever that may mean.

User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
Posts: 13916
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Dlover » Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:50 pm

"I'll leave it to you, Haley, since you want one to be joining you."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7999
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Dusk9 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:32 am

With the birds giving the go-ahead, Izzy floats up and settles on a nearby branch.

"This is a nice place, huh. We were just passing through and thought we'd take a break. Do you live nearby?"

As she chatters away, Izzy reaches into her satchel and pulls out some snacks she picked up in Murkoff, beginning to munch her way through a bag of assorted dried fruits.
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
The Lost
Converses Frequently
Posts: 535

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by The Lost » Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:22 am

”Don’t ya want one too? Anyways...I don’t want to harm them too much...and I think Willow would annoy them because she’s part ghost and they mostly have fighting and grass moves... Amber would probably be frustrating.... Hmm. I think Buttercup would be best.”

Haley sends out Buttercup and has her use weatherball (fire due to sunlight within)

[1d20+2] = 17+2 = 19[3d8+36] = 10+36 = 46

User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
Posts: 13916
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Dlover » Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:54 am

"I've got my team, I'm not really interested in getting more pokemon with me. I just came along because they're a bit interesting."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

User avatar
SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 7212

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by SamWiser » Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:14 pm

Bruce hangs back still, switching his view from making sure his pokemon aren't getting in trouble, and keeping an eye on the birds that Izzy is talking to
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Post Reply