PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Home to all current Forum Games.
M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by M0rtimer » Thu May 09, 2019 8:26 am

Koa, Haley, Alex

The battle finished, most trainers seem interested in the lone grunt- Though also making sure everyone else was ok,

"Thanks for the help. Did anyone get hurt?"

"Luckily no. We kept compliant, and in turn they only stuck to threats rather than fighting."

"Hmm."

"We'd better deal with this one quickly so that we can go help the others clear out the rest."

"Others? There's more, then?"

"It appears so- They must have split off earlier, this group focusing on rounding everyone up so we couldn't interfere."

"...Hmph."

"So uh...who is good with interregating?"

"People who are very intimidating or people who are very scary. I'm not particularly physically intimidating, but that doesn't matter when I have Roy."

With that, Alex seems intent on... "Interrogating" the grunt. The headmaster, still holding the man by the collar, lifts him in his vague direction to allow him to do just that...

"I'll make this quick for you. You tell us everything there is to know about your operation here, and I don't have the big guy there,punch you a few times. You'd be surprised by just how grisly it can be to have that sort of thing hit a human being. Pokemon are durable, so you don't see much, but if he were to give you a good hit to the shoulder you'd probably lose your arm, you know? Normally the bigwigs would look down on that, but we're in Murkoff, authority has always been a bit weak, and since we're countering violent criminals there are sure to be some accidental injures."

The headmaster raises a brow to that specific technique of interrogation... But it seems effective enough.

"What the fuck..! You can't do that! Look I don't know shit alright! Me and the boss want to steal something, is all, they're working on that right now!"

"...He seems to be telling the truth. He's really not been told any specifics..."

The headmaster and head nurse seem to share a couple worried glances toward each other.

In the meantime, Koa had been cursing he had no handcuffs or such. To that Uyum seems to address a "Dave" among the crowd of students, asking him if he could go fetch rope from the nearby storage closet- As long as he was sure there'd be no more grunts, of course, sending someone else to assist just in case. She nods to his request to call for backup, but with a sigh.

"We are... More used to dealing with the messes ourselves, if it comes to that."

With that Koa calls the hotline- To his luck, someone does pick up immediately... Though relaying the situation, is told that all agents are either on site, or on route to one of the other two incident locations- And they'd only be able to come in afterward... Seemingly expecting him to deal with the issue, at least for now.

"But there's kind-of a crisis going on, Red Hand hitting places all over the city. I dunno if we can spare the guys to do it for a while, so... I don't suppose you got a place to keep a few punks locked up for a bit, 'til things settle down?"

"We can keep them guarded, yes. No worry."

Koa and Haley spend their time searching the unconscious bodies... Collecting their five crude pistols, and putting their pokeballs to the side. The leader also seemed to have two empty dusk balls they could take for themselves, along with 2400 in cash. There is not much else... Unless they want to steal some of their masks and/or outfits- That could... Maybe be useful? The sticky rope Haley has also seems to be a good substitute to keeping them tied, at least for now.

"Why'd they wanna hit this place anyway? Any idea?"

"It seems they're planning on stealing... Something."

"They probably are just after the money in the vault." Magnus grunts, suddenly shifting the one grunt in his grasp, until his hand is tight around his neck. Before anyone even properly realizes what's going on, he squeezes, until the grunt turns blue in the face... Before unceremoniously dropping the now unconscious grunt on the floor.

"Magnus!"

"I'm going to go deal with the other intruders." the head master responds, seemingly nonplussed by the cry of shock from the nurse, starting what almost seemed like a leisurely walk toward the door. Only stopping as he strides next to Luna. There he seems to pause for a moment, looming over her for a brief couple seconds... Just long enough that Luna seemed about to ask something, before the man's focus returned to the door, and he continued his march.

Bruce, Drake, Bjorn

The trainers quickly loot the two grunts before moving on- There's not too much, besides their two crude submachine guns, which by the look of things have gone through multiple repairs. Definitely functional still of course, as was evident earlier. In addition, they find about a 1000 pokedollars in one of their clothes, but not much else...

((Survival to see where they might have went...))

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Thu May 09, 2019 9:24 am

Koa stops to consider the dusk balls and cash, but only for a moment. He's just confiscating weapons and pokemon, he's not looting these guys. If Koa wasn't on duty as a League trainer then... maybe. But not now.

A thought comes to him when he sees their masks, though. Pretending this is normal procedure, Koa strips them of their masks and overcoats, offering one set each to the other Trainers, stuffing the leader's and one of the grunt's sets into his pack. "We can use these to sneak past the snipers around the hotel, yeah?"

With the Nurse's assurances that they have things handled for the time being, Koa rushes off after the Headmaster, and past him towards Bjorn and the others. "I'll show ya which way they went! It was just the one group that split off, but let's be careful, yeah? They have these magic staff things that let 'em teleport more guys in. The group we beat up didn't have one, so this other group might."

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Thu May 09, 2019 3:40 pm

► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu May 09, 2019 6:33 pm

Alex gives a slight sigh after the grunt is knocked out, "Well that went well. Actually harming him would have been bad for pretty much everything. Take a break, Roy." Recalling the gurdurr, Alex brings out Tyr, "Whatever it is that they're trying to steal, we'd better hop to." With that, Alex heads out with the others.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Thu May 09, 2019 11:12 pm

As the grunt shakes off his drowsiness, Izzy jumps back a few metres and hits him in the face with a cutting blast of wind from her guitar. At the same time, she whistles to Maku - the gravity-defying wall of muscle taking this as his cue to make his entrance.

Surging forward, his clouds seem to condense rapidly, forming a torrent of water that he surfs first through the Pancham, before colliding with the same grunt Izzy just blasted!

-- Agility Training Orders: +4 Initiative, +1 Movement to Maku [Swift Action]

Izzy Struggle (AC: 13, Damage: 29)

Maku Surf (AC: 5, Damage: 42)
► Show Spoiler

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Sat May 11, 2019 6:39 am

Irene gives up the excited condition to reduce the damage from 12 to 7

With Maku leaving the scene to meet up with Izzy, and the Junkrats less then impressive performance, Irene decides to focus on protecting Rythem.
"All right dear, I know it's hard, but keep it up this fight is only starting! I'll keep you safe!"
With that Rythem unleashes a punch... that looks identical to the last one she threw.
"I know consistent effort is the best way to move foward... but we can use a little more strength."

Irene
Inspiring orders - + 1 evasion + 2 save checks
Cheerleading - excited
Sage - Rythem Damage reduction

rythem dizzy punch accuracy [1d20] = 14 damage [2d10+20] = 2+20 = 22

Total bonuses + 3 evasion +4 save checks, +1 def, motivated, and excited, Sage(10 damage reduction)

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Sat May 11, 2019 12:27 pm

Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sun May 12, 2019 4:14 am

Drake starts removing the magazines from the guns before taking them with him and following the others.

Not sure if it is too late for Drake to help with the perception check, otherwise it'll just be to keep watch as they go on.
Drake perception: 5d6 = [6, 6, 5, 1, 1] = 19
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue May 14, 2019 2:32 pm

Koa, Alex, Haley

Koa strips the grunts, with some odd looks, doling them out as required... Just in case it may be useful later. With that, it seemed the party was intent on chasing after the headmaster- Heading outside, it seems he's moving surprisingly quickly, though the others seem to catch up to him eventually.

"I'll show ya which way they went! It was just the one group that split off, but let's be careful, yeah? They have these magic staff things that let 'em teleport more guys in. The group we beat up didn't have one, so this other group might."

"Hmm. Doubt it. And I know where I'm going." the man spoke, seemingly trying to ignore the rest of the party as he continued... Or more like tolerated their presence. It didn't seem entirely unlikely that if he figured another direction needed be taken, he'd simply go there without as much as consulting them. Still, it doesn't take too long before they come upon two unconscious grunts on the floor.

"Hmm. Got friends? What do they look like?"

Drake, Bjorn, Bruce

The party continues, using their skills of deduction to deduce where the others went off to- It's a bit harder, with several passages now, and less people to track... But they do manage, mostly by Bjorn. Eventually coming to a halt, to another door outside... An enclosed space- Some kind of small garden, where a good number of grunts have set up. It's hard to check just how many of them there are without giving their position away, for now the trainers managing to sneak glimpses through a glass panel. They can count at least 7 people in there, likely more out of sight- Most of them seem to be crowded around a statue. Or what was once a statue- A Conkeldurr seems to have smashed it to splinters...

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Tue May 14, 2019 3:09 pm

"You know where you're going? You know what they're after then?"

Koa pauses to check the two grunts they stumble across, only to find that they'd already been disarmed. Well good!

"Hmm. Got friends? What do they look like?"

"Yeah, three other agents and... do you know Bruce?" Koa asks before giving a rough description of Bjorn, Drake, and Jeremy.

Speaking of the other group, Koa thinks for a bit towards them. ~Koa here. Bjorn, Drake, Jeremy. Find Red Hand yet?~

Koa will rush after the other group then, along with the Headmaster and everyone else.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed May 15, 2019 4:49 am

Izzy, Irene

Rythem keeps throwing the weakest punches she can, only slowly chipping at the one grunt... In the back meanwhile, the mime wakes up, dusting itself off while getting up... As Izzy attacks the one grunt that had just woken up!

The Yanma knocks out one of the grunts out front, before Maku comes charging up... Knocking out the pancham, and further injuring the grunt!

The Pawniard deals with the aron, or tries to at least- Only dealing some minor damage. The ekans on the other hand, misses it's attack against the wooper.

Of the remaining grunts, one kicks his commander awake- While also releasing a replacement pokemon, a dewpider. Of those outside, the one remaining fires another shot- This time striking Rythem for 25(16) damage!

The newly woken up commander immediately charges Izzy- Brass knuckles making a low blow for 21(16) damage, lowering her DEF by one stage!

The geodude meanwhile starts up a massive magnitude, knocking out the wooper! The Junkrats, like usual, stick just to inspiring their pokemon.

The Aron meanwhile turns to one of the grunts, burrowing them in rocks, dealing some good damage. The newly released dewpider turns to Maku... Infesting him for 19(8) damage!

Rythem(29/24) 80/103
Irene(28/19)
Izzy(21/16) (back) 57/73 -1 DEF
Yanma F(21/16)
Nuzleaf F(19/14) recalled
Golbat(18) KO
mr. mime(18) (back)
Maku(18/5) vortex(16)
Pawniard F(17/12)
Ekans F(16/11) lightly injured
Grunt 1(15) KO
Grunt 2(15)
Grunt 3(15) (back) heavily injured
Grunt 4(15) (back) asleep
Fern(11/2)
Commander(10) (back)
Geodude F(7/2)
Junkrat 1(5) injured
Junkrat 2(5)
Junkrat 3(5)
Junkrat 4(5)
Pancham(4) (back) KO
Aron(3) lightly injured
Paras(3) (back) KO
Dewpider(3) (back)
Wooper(2) KO
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed May 15, 2019 5:17 am

"Um....are you sure there' not something that can do serious harm that they would want?"

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Wed May 15, 2019 11:20 pm

With the bullet hitting Rythem her breath hitches. Holding for a few breath lengths of times before she notices the gentle lavender glow at the impact point weakening the damage to something negligible.
Sage activates damage reduced from 16 to 6
Excited activated damage reduced from 6 to 1

Seeing that she wouldn't do much good approaching Irene reluctantly moves to cover as she keeps her protection on Rythem. Rythem in turn releasing a powerful punch responding to Irene's concern.

Irene
Cheerleading - excited

rythem dizzy punch accuracy [1d20] = 9 damage [2d10+20] = 12+20 = 32
Total bonuses + 3 evasion +4 save checks, +1 def, motivated, and excited, Sage(10 damage reduction)

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Fri May 17, 2019 7:25 am

"Near a smallish garden inside with at least seven people admiring that they broke a statue of presumably Arceus. We might be able to take them by surprise, but are you available to come as backup in case it fails?"

Drake gen edu: 4d6 = [4, 3, 2, 2] = 11
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Mon May 20, 2019 3:15 am

"Yeah of course! See if you can take any out, and I'll rush in once the game is up," replies Bjorn. He releases Sneak, in case any extra stealthy assistance is needed.
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed May 22, 2019 4:17 pm

Koa, Haley, Alex

"You know where you're going? You know what they're after then?"

"...Vault money, probably."

"Yeah, three other agents and... do you know Bruce?"

"I know many Bruce's. I'll just try and refrain from punching anyone that doesn't wear one of their stupid outfits..." the headmaster continues, as Haley speaks up as well:

"Um....are you sure there' not something that can do serious harm that they would want?"

The headmaster briefly seems to look back at Haley, but does not actually answer... His glance falling back on Koa, before he simply continues pushing forward in long, intimidating strides.

Drake, Bjorn, Bruce

The trainers decide to try and have some of their ghosts infiltrate and put some of the enemies to sleep... But who and where? It's a decent distance to the middle of the plaza where most of them seem to be, but that'd put a great distance between them and their pokemon. Close by could of course work, but leave the main group unhindered... And how long to wait, when the others can't be far behind?

((Yeah, I'll take stealth rolls for your pokemon in each case, and whatever attacks you'll want to start with as soon as I get some more detailed information about what you're trying to do...))

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed May 22, 2019 11:02 pm

Panting slightly as he tries to keep up with the others, Alex glances at Haley, "Of course... There's... Something... Dangerous.... This is... The best... Place to... Keep it... Whatever... It is..."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Thu May 23, 2019 7:09 am

Drake will ready his staff in order to use arcane storm on the middle group for when Ghos and Shadow initiate battle by using their attacks. Ghos will target the most trainer like person in the outskirts of the group as they are least likely to be helped up again immediately.

Drake arcane storm: 1d20 = 17 2d6+8+12 = 26
Ghos stealth: 4d6+2 = [6, 6, 5, 2] = 21
Ghos hypnosis: 1d20 = [4] = 4
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu May 23, 2019 7:57 am

Haley runs after the headmaster. I was thinking of a core. It might be here.

"I hope wherever you lead us is where the dangerous thing is so we can protect it."

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Thu May 23, 2019 9:51 am

Izzy winces as the punch hits her. Ouch! That's not very nice!

Luckily, Maku is there to give her a hand - reaching out and grappling the Commander from behind with his meaty bulk.

Grapple (AC: 11, Athletics: 20)

Izzy meanwhile shifts back from the Commander (Disengage 1m) then focuses back on the conscious Grunt, letting loose another blast of cutting wind. But she's shaken from the punch, and it ends up only catching his feet.

Struggle (AC: 2+1, Damage: 29)

~Uhh....Irene? Could use a hand in here, if you've got a minute.~
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat May 25, 2019 9:22 am

Izzy, Irene

Rythem punches, presumably the second grunt- As Irene herself goes hide to avoid more shots.

Izzy backs off from the angry commander, but is too shaken to get off her own attack.

Back up front the yanma actually definitely went first with a quick attack, though no enemies had attacked yet so it doesn't matter- It joins Rhythem in trying to take down one of the opposing trainers.

The angry mime turns to Maku... And despite his odd appearance seems pretty certain still he's a fighting type, firing a psybeam! That luckily for his sake, misses.

Maku for his part immediately starts protecting his master- The commander giving a mighty struggle in return, but can't possibly hope to escape the grapple of a fighting type like Maku is.

The pawniard struggles against the Aron further, but progress is slow... The ekans joining in, but also only slowly chipping away at it with a bite.

The grunt tries to disengage, but can only make slow progress while shooting the yanma flying about- With only some minor damage, of course. In the back, the other grunt is kicked awake, who seeing his boss grappled fires his gun toward Maku- Dealing 24(16) damage and causing an injury!

The commander decides with little other option to turn his struggling attacks toward Maku- Dealing 19() damage and lowering his ATT by one! Not that that matters much, but not like the commander knows...

The geodude simply boosts it's defences while preparing another attack for the aron. As usual the junkrats are no real combatants, just inspiring their pokemon- And one moving closer to Irene to make sure she's alright. Just as he's about to ask, he's interrupted by the sound of something crashing behind the two- Both looking up to face the grinning visage of a familiar sight- The punk like queen.

"Sorry I'm late! Let's clean up this mess, yeah?"

The Aron, still not down, shoots more rock tombs- This time hitting the ekans, though not knocking it out quite yet. Near the back, the dewpider gets ordered to continue attacking the brute that has their boss in a hold, which this time it does by shooting a bubblebeam- Though Maku is more agile than he at first appears, the attack missing!

Rythem(29/24) 95/103
Irene(28/19)
Izzy(21/16) (back) 57/73 -1 DEF
Yanma F(21/16) lightly injured
The Queen(20)
Nuzleaf F(19/14) recalled
Golbat(18) KO
mr. mime(18) (back)
Maku(18/5) vortex(14) 81/117 -1 ATT
Pawniard F(17/12)
Ekans F(16/11) injured
Grunt 1(15) KO
Grunt 2(15) injured
Grunt 3(15) (back) heavily injured
Grunt 4(15) (back)
Fern(11/2)
Commander(10) (back)
Geodude F(7/2) +1 DEF
Junkrat 1(5) injured
Junkrat 2(5)
Junkrat 3(5)
Junkrat 4(5)
Pancham(4) (back) KO
Aron(3) injured
Paras(3) (back) KO
Dewpider(3) (back)
Wooper(2) KO
► Show Spoiler

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Mon May 27, 2019 8:46 pm

Shadow goes into the middle of the group of baddies and releases a stream of poison gas that somehow misses everybody. Bruce smacks his face with his hand and mutters something about how useless sneaking around is, then prepares for the fight.

Shadow Stealth = [6, 3, 3, 1] = 15
Poison Gas Ac= [4] = 4
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Wed May 29, 2019 1:11 pm

Izzy sees her chance, darting just barely close enough to the Grunts to hit them both with an Air Cutter.

Air Cutter (AC: 1d20 = 9, Damage: 2d6+23 = 30)

She then releases Kay into the middle of the fray, before bravely...running away, and hiding behind one of the giant capacitors.

"Come on Kay, just like we practiced with Alex!"

Stretching out her wings to their full length, Kay starts to whip up a tornado around herself, buffeting the two Grunts and anything else unfortunate enough to be in range. The wind builds rapidly, fed by air from the broken vent above, and pretty soon there's a full blown Hurricane surrounding her!

Hurrikayne (AC: 1d20 = 20 1d20 = 12, Damage: 4d10+46 = 71 +4d10 = 29 crit = 100 total damage) [Gale Strike]

"...woah."

Meanwhile, Maku begins to meditate as he holds the Commander hostage, barely noticing the chaos and violence around him.
► Show Spoiler

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Wed May 29, 2019 11:22 pm

-All right we got some back up here, we'll try to get in-
Irene takes a moment to glance over the queen, who sounds nothing like here... How did the grunt possibly mistake her...
"Come on Rythem Izzy needs some back up let's get through these fools!" Irene encourages Rythem as she starts shifting to get into range to help shield Izzy

Irene
Cheerleading - excited

rythem dizzy punch accuracy [1d20] = 8 damage [2d10+20] = 10+20 = 30

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu May 30, 2019 10:08 am

Drake, Bjorn, Bruce

The two ghost pokemon go invisible, entering inside the little park area... Getting a better overview of things as they do. Now only to figure out if they continue their plan or alter them... They really are not in a position to hope staying hidden for long.

((Just a quick check to see if you guys are keeping up your actions now you got a map, or would act otherwise. Only action that might need definite changing is Drake cuz I don't think he can reach?))