M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:25 pm

BEGIN INTERMISSION 8

I WILL NOT WASTE ANY TIME.

LET US BEGIN THIS.

Pandora: part 5

Several weeks had passed, and the "big day" was drawing close... The day Prometheus would return. And pam would come with her. But in this time, they had not simply loitered... For it was Pam who had decided to show Prometheus the "wonders" of the pokemon world. And in just the span of a several weeks, Prometheus had shown himself to excel... But so he seemed to be in every aspect. He came across as a foreigner to many, not knowing basic things, but all information once told to him was sucked up like a sponge, never to be forgotten... And if he were to actually exercise a craft, seemed to become a master in a matter of hours. But even then he'd always be considered a little "weird", like he did not quite belong, though not a bad man.

So it seemed no different on the field of pokemon. Perhaps not as fast as other fields, as he still needed to rely on those he had caught, in short time he had found himself to collect exotic, and powerful pokemon, and a good match in most lineups. But this was all but a hobby, in a certain sense- He knew he could not bring them with him, quite soon now. But still they were seeking to enjoy their time, walking through Murkoff... When the strange man suddenly halted. His face turned to the right, across the street, gazing up. Pam realized his pause only a moment later, turning back.

"What's the matter? Why did you stop? We gotta get to the center!"

There was a brief pause before he spoke. "...Every time we walk by this place, I take a brief stop. But you seem to forget each time."

"Huh..?" was the only response, and now her vision trailed down the road herself, to see what he was looking at. But all he could see was the tower in the distance... Springstone Hotel she knew it was called.

"That's just Springstone Hotel..? Why are you always looking at it then? It's still under construction, you can't go in there."

"Is it?"

Now she looked back, with more than a superficial glance... And realized that it did indeed not look like it was still under construction. In fact, suddenly it hit her it looked quite strange... Not only was the structure itself strange, a spiral-like base that extended far upwards, before ending up in a plateau, it missed the steel and glass that was expected... Instead all of it seemed to be old stone. Ancient perhaps, even, yet untouched.

"Huh... I guess not..?"

"Yes... I pause here every time, because... Looking there- It almost feels as if I'm looking at the sun."

"I... See." she nodded, and frowned in thought. Then she turned away, and almost instantly her gaze seemed to unfocus and go blank, for a moment forgetting what was going on... Prometheus knew this well by now, and was ready to move on. But this time it would not be quite like that... As suddenly her eyes widened again, and her visage went pale. A hand clutched for her chest. Prometheus, worried, called her name. But there'd be no reply, besides her collapse onto the floor.

Things were a blur for her from there. She was stuck as if in a bad dream- Only vaguely aware of the shouting... The voice of the man she had gotten to know filled with an anger, and desperation she had not heard before. She did not hear the conversation, between him and the doctor. But it went something like this.

"What do you mean, you can't help her?!"

"Sir, please-" the doctor spoke, clearly intimidated by the man holding rage barely restrained. It wasn't meant for him directly... More that there was anger within him that know nowhere else to go, but the poor doctor who were the only target at this time. But beneath the anger, and perhaps something the doctor vaguely recognized was a hint of something else, that kept the doctor from blowing him off straight away.

"I don't understand why she would not have told you..."

"Told me what?" Prometheus snapped. The doctor tried to keep calm.

"Her condition... She's got fybrosis on her heart- It's hardening and becoming less effective. She knew from previous complications, and that..."

"So she was just going to die..? You couldn't do anything..?" Prometheus asked, more of that sadness coming through the anger... But the "Well..." from the doctor would have the latter shine through once more.

"Well?!"

"I would have, sir- If I could do anything I would!"

"Then why not? Why can't you help her?!"

"...She couldn't pay." he finally replied, having to say those words causing some hurt as well. "There was medicine, to help, operations... This shouldn't have happened. But we can't pay our patients bill ourselves."

"...You're letting her die... Over money?" Prometheus asked, but all anger seemed to have left his voice. Instead he looked at the man intently, needing to read only the expression to know what his answer was. It was not his decision. It was just how the world worked.

And then he laughed. A deep, broken laugh.

"I understand now. It's not your fault."

"You're just another broken little piece, in a broken little world."

The doctor left Prometheus alone, as Pam's condition worsened. She was on the edge... And as Prometheus pulled forth a red chain from within his coat, the monitor finally flatlined.

Pandora woke later with a start... Feeling cold. And as if something within her both strengthened yet drained her in a sharp, burning, painful sensation. By the time it was over her face turned emotionless, as the aspect of it's original creator still lied within... And too tired to speak she could only vaguely turn her head to the looming man on her bedside, who now seemed almost dark and brooding.

"I am sorry Pam. For such a selfish act."

"But I promise to you here now. I will fix this."

"I will fix everything."

And with that, Prometheus left. And they would not see each other again, for several years.

Pandora: end

ARE YOU BEGINNING TO UNDERSTAND YET?

IS IT GETTING THROUGH YOUR SKULL?

THERE IS NO "HAPPY ENDING".

IF YOU WANT TO FIX THE CHAIN.

PANDORA NEEDS TO DIE.

AND SO DOES THE SPARK.

EVEN IF THE OVERSEER WOULD NOT KILL IT THE MOMENT THEY RELEASE IT...

YOU WOULD NO LONGER RECOGNIZE IT TO BE THE SAME AS IT WAS.

BUT NOW.

IT IS TIME YOU MAKE ANOTHER SELECTION.

AND GIVEN VERY RECENT EVENTS.

I ADDED ANOTHER OPTION TO YOUR CHOICES.

NO BRANCHING PATHS FROM THIS ONE.

TRY TO NOT BE TOO BIASED.

HAA HAA HAA

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:13 pm

"So who is this Grimm guy and the Red hand and what to expext from him? I heard you said something about ghosts? If they are using ghost types the most likely choices are Gengar, Dusknoir, Froslass, Golurk, Mimikuyu, Agislash, Dhelmise maybe Chandlure or Driftbloom. Jellecent might also be a decent choice if it wasn't slow on land. Gengar, Mimikyu and Froslass are pretty fast pokemon, and potentially really dangerous. Mimikyu you have to hit it once before you can actually damamge it so use a weak attack first to open it up.

If they have a Cofagrigus then you mustn't use any mellee attacks on it until I give you the go ahead. In fact if it's close to something you want to hit it's best if you either use melee moves that cannot miss or no melee moves at all. It cannot intercept moves that can't miss.

Haley sends out Cushion and uses sunlight within for Cushion. She also gets out her Styler. She also lets out Archie.

"Tell me when we get close to the building so that I can have Archie double team and Cushion grow a bit."

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:34 pm

Begin tale: The prisoners

The boy strode now through the gloom of night, trees surrounding him on each side, pushing through only by the direction of his host... Who had shared little information of this venture. Phoenix- At least that is what he called himself, and many others did as well, raised the bottle back in his hands, the uncorked bottle allowing it's dark aura to flow out freely.

"So this will be the fastest path to power, right?"

"Yes." it replied simply, providing no further insight. But the kid probed further.

"And how is that going to be? We're in the middle of the woods- Heading to... Nowhere, from what I can tell. What's the point."

"You are not dumb Phoenix. You got it figured out by now."

Phoenix did not reply this time, only frowning slightly. He did, by now, as he had given time to collect his thoughts and realize things.

"...So why should I continue down this path?"

"Because you are not dumb." the voice spoke again, almost seeming to grow annoyed.

"You can either persist now, and come out all the better... Or turn away and escape it for perhaps a day more."

"In the end it would not matter. We have a deal. Besides, this is what you want, is it not? Take my reassurance we have a long friendship ahead of us."

Phoenix spoke no more for a while, pushing on silently. Finally, he did find other questions to ask.

"So... My new powers. Tell me more."

"Any word you from hence speak, will be taken as truthful. Only outright lies may stand a chance to pierce this veil."

"The tone or exact words do not matter. In fact. I think you quite remember back in the tower, that the words you spoke did not make full sense... And anyone hearing it second hand would not have believed you for a second."

"But that is not the point of course. The point is that your words whatever they may be are taken as truth. That you are listened to."

"You are not the first one to receive this very blessing."

A young kid was hunched over next to the fire he had made. At least he looked young- Mostly he was just scrawny and short, and not very impressive, his hair and clothes holding the same scraggy look. Simply, unremarkable from the exterior... But perhaps not interior- Not with the lofty goals he had set in mind. In his hands he held drawings, memories of long ago... Useless they'd be to him soon enough, as he cast them in the fire. As the smoke rose, and he mumbled arcane words in his breath, the smoke rising seemed to darken, and twist... Before a voice spoke as if from nowhere.

"You summon me, the Greedbearer. What is your wish? And what is your offer?" the voice spoke, a script often spoken by it. The boy repeated his own, the one he rehearsed before, but still stuttered.

"Most come to you with requests of riches, or fame, or some short term wish to be granted... But not me. Those things fade with time. I... I want to stop being ignored! I want to be called Midas the mighty, Midas the rich. I want you to give me the power over speech. Let people listen to my words, and take them seriously... And I shall craft my legacy myself!"

The dark spirit seemed to pause, as if in curious thought at this unordinary request from itself. But soon it spoke the words the boy desired to hear: "Granted."; and he briefly choked as he felt his tongue stiffen, harden, and become made as if from silver.

And from there, with this silver tongue, the boy did craft his own legacy- Creating fame and treasure through simply persuasion and deception, rising higher and higher among the ranks... As did his greed for more. And through it all, the Greedbearer watched intently, on this new pupil of his...

"You mean Hoopa, yes..?" Phoenix asked. The reply came,

"Yes. That is what you call him now. Though once he did great deeds. Deeds great enough I took his name."

"But great as he was. He still required a little push in the right direction. A realisation what it took to truly become great."

"I hope you will make the same realisations in due time."

Midas had created an empire... Of sorts- A trade empire, it was, though his wealth and power was already vast enough he could cause empires to cave to his demands if he so chose. But now he was delving into making it "real"- An actual empire, of his own design, where the walls of his castle would be plated in gold... He'd make them himself. After all, Midas had approached him once more, and made an offer: he needed more gold, and in turn for his body, his allegiance, he'd grant him with the gift to turn all he wished and touched into that very thing. He accepted, and became known to be a "generous", and famously wealthy lord. Yet still one day, as his kingdom reached between two entirely different oceans, he still found himself wanting more. And it was then the entity spoke to him once more...

"My follower. You've been doing well. A true envoy of my cause... And like a true disciple. You want more."

"Let us make one final deal. Give me your name. And I shall grant you the world."

"Become my champion."

"Become a G O D."

"I told you once that he was weak. This is true."

"He is weak without me."

"An individual with much potential, but they required my aid."

"And even then it was his own weakness that was his downfall."

Laughter filled the halls as the demon through the templars. A week long of mayhem had finally gotten their attention, as reports came from the eastern realm that the kings appearance slowly twisted, growing horns, his hair turning purple, but perhaps most unsettling of all garnering a large, unnatural grin that sat on his visage at all times... And it would not have taken long for the reports to be that he had become a truly monstrous version of him previous self. And soon, a ravaging monster filled with endless greed. Taking everything it could get it's claws on, and devouring it in it's eternal hunger as it strode out from it's original realm... It had been only a matter of time until the gods got involved to finally intervene in something that had far gone out of control.

Judging by the current carnage as it simply tore space apart, often with a poor templar caught between, it may not have been enough however.

"Is this all you got?! How entertaining! Hahahaha! If this is all the gods got to offer, you'd best kneel now, and I might yet spare you!" it yelled, continuing to tear past the men that seemed able to do little... Though it's eyes were on a target in the distance. The one a small little voice inside was telling the demon was the only threat, even though it appeared only to be a peppy kid... But what the little voice did not account for was just one more person between them. A person the demon seemed to give the slightest pause for, as if considering to simply knock this one out of the way rather than kill. The voice inside gave the command however, and one of his many claws came down to strike- But paused just mere inches away as the soldier shouted something, more out of instinct than intent:

"Hoopa!"

And that single word was more powerful than any spear thrown that day, as it pierced the demon's mind as a distant memory arose, one he had forgotten. Back from his childhood, long ago, in happier times... As he played with friends. They had recently obtained a set of hoops, and he had established himself as the "king" of them- There he was swirling the silly little thing around his waist, as those around him called "Hoop, Hoop!" which slowly morphed to become "Hoopa"- And for many years, many called him just that, until it was forgotten as years passed, and darker thoughts clouded his mind. But this pain of memory would soon turn into a physical one... As beneath him the ground cracked, and erupted into a massive blaze of fire- Crashing straight into him!

"WHY DID YOU HESITATE?!" the inner voice sounded, furious, as he crashed down, and the "kid" now strode up victoriously. In his hand he held an object that had the true demon within panic.

"Got you now! It's over Midas... You've gone too far! By the authority given to me by the elements of fire, water and earth... This shall be your new prison!"

With that, Victini uncorked the bottle- And now the trapped demon felt his essence quickly drained, an almost ethereal "NO!" screaming through the surroundings, not from Hoopa itself but far more sinister, echoed as it's essence was drained within the bottle. Soon it seemed over- And the bottle, shaking in rage, was corked, before finally growing still.

...But the demon was not fully gone. A remnant remained- A tiny, pitiful sliver. And even now as the templars surrounded him, wondering what to do, he seemed to already be slowly fading of his own accord. But the one that had called his name approached, and kneeled.

"Hoopa- Do you remember me? It's me- Jeremiah. Come on, buddy..?"

The now tiny creature seemed to clench it's head, tears beginning to well up. It shook it's head, and cried out the results from it's empty and fading mind, as the void was calling him to it. "I don't... I don't remember! I don't remember anything..!"

With those words of seeming panicked regret, old friends embraced- Or one did to the other at least, as the other seemed to vanish, as if gone... But not truly- Carried on in spirit... To one day awaken.

"Yes. He is weak, as he is now. A pitiful shadow, with no direction. Save but one. The only thing it knows to do."

"To regain his power."

And with those words, what Phoenix had expected he now saw in the flesh. He remembered the story told to him in that ruined castle underground, about how Hoopa was "drawn to the bottle, like a moth to a flame"- And there he was now in front of them, eyes sparking in delight to see his bottle once more.

"Do not make any mistakes Phoenix. This is still the start of a beautiful friendship. We have a lot we can do for each other still."

"And as a sign of good will. I will even release the hold I have over you- And in turn leave you with no choice."

"The enchantment on this bottle makes it so Hoopa can not do it himself... It needs to be done by someone else."

"I am calling in my favor."

"U N B I N D M E."

End of tale: The prisoners (lost souls)

WOW.

YOU REALLY FUCKED UP, DID YOU NOT?

HAA HAA HAA.

EVEN I DO NOT LIKE SEEING THAT GUY BACK.

BUT HERE IS A LITTLE BIT OF "HAPPY NEWS"

NO MATTER HOW MUCH YOU DO OR DO NOT FUCK UP THIS COMING CHAPTER.

KNOW THAT REGARDLESS OF ANYTHING YOU DO.

SOMEONE IS GOING TO DIE.

END OF INTERMISSION 8

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:09 am

Arch Lich Burns wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:13 pm "So who is this Grimm guy and the Red hand and what to expext from him? I heard you said something about ghosts? If they are using ghost types the most likely choices are Gengar, Dusknoir, Froslass, Golurk, Mimikuyu, Agislash, Dhelmise maybe Chandlure or Driftbloom. Jellecent might also be a decent choice if it wasn't slow on land. Gengar, Mimikyu and Froslass are pretty fast pokemon, and potentially really dangerous. Mimikyu you have to hit it once before you can actually damamge it so use a weak attack first to open it up.

If they have a Cofagrigus then you mustn't use any mellee attacks on it until I give you the go ahead. In fact if it's close to something you want to hit it's best if you either use melee moves that cannot miss or no melee moves at all. It cannot intercept moves that can't miss.

Haley sends out Cushion and uses sunlight within for Cushion. She also gets out her Styler. She also lets out Archie.

"Tell me when we get close to the building so that I can have Archie double team and Cushion grow a bit."
Haley will also insert the electric drive into the cannon. (What does it dooooooo?)

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:25 pm

"...So. I just remembered, Grimm is holed up with the Red Hand, yeah? And the Red Hand made the hotel their base? So... why don't we just go there, instead of waiting for whatever Grimm's about to do?"

Izzy shoulders her guitar, already beginning to feel more comfortable with its new weight.

"I'm up for taking a look. Do we want to try sneaking? We might be able to find out what he's planning before he realises we're even there, if we're lucky."

Pausing, she takes another look around, only now realising they're missing someone. Looking back to Alex, she gives him a nudge.

"...hey, where's Phoenix? Did he not come with you from Isosceles?"

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:54 pm

Koa scratches his head. "I mean, we could try. Is anyone here good at sneaking around? I can be pretty quiet, but... I dunno, it's hard to stay outta sight, yeah?"

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:03 am

"Umm... if be sneaking you mean creating a cacophony that instantly attracts there attention I can do it."

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:30 am

"Maybe....maybe we split up? One sneaky group and one distraction group?"

"Also the hotel's pretty tall, right? I might be able to fly a few of us up there and enter through the top."

► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:39 am

"Phoenix... He said there was something he had to take care of and went off on his own. I haven't had contact with him since."

Alex shudders slightly at the mention of flying people to the top of a building, "I'll go for the ground team, thanks."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:37 am

Haley looks estatic at the thought of flying. "I wanna fly!"

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:08 am

"Hmm... that might be a good idea. Can your pokemon carry that many of us up? I don't think anyone else has pokemon that can fly people around."

"Either way, two teams sounds good. I'll take the ground team in through the front while you fly up or get in some other way, yeah? We should try and split up evenly so there's five or six of us on each team," Koa says, taking out his small whiteboard to keep track of who's going where.

GROUND TEAM
- Koa
- Alex
-
-
-

SKY TEAM
- Izzy
- Haley
-
-
-

"I'll call Jack on the way to let him know what's going on. I dunno if he'll wanna back us up, or if he'll stay outside in case the Red Hand are already out in the city causing trouble, but it's best not to leave him in the dark, yeah?"

"Are you coming, too, Luna?" Koa asks their priestess. "You don't have to, we can drop ya off at the Center on the way?"

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:41 am

"Hmm... that might be a good idea. Can your pokemon carry that many of us up? I don't think anyone else has pokemon that can fly people around."

"I can take...definitely 2 others, 3-4 at a push. Or we could do multiple trips?"

"Either way, if we wait until it's dark, I can take Kay up and scout out somewhere to land. Maybe there's a door on the roof."

► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:57 pm

"Mercury could carry one person, maybe two, if I lent him to you, but he's... very head-strong. And very sharp. It was painful last time I was on his back."
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:48 pm

"Im a rider, so I could probably try flying on Mercury. I've had a lot of practice though, so I don't know if I'd recommend it to anyone else. Its a looooong way to fall."
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:55 am

"It's okay! I'll make myself a rope harness so that even if I fall off I'll be okay!"

"Hey you guys said you had suit thingies? Is it possible to use it on a pokemon? I have a mon that can fly but the problem is that I can't let it out without troubles."

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:15 pm

If we're splitting by who'se more comfortable in the air, then count me on the flying team. Shock can probably help keep someone steady, but he certainly can't carry anyone.

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:41 pm

The ground team is looking a little scarce. I'll join them to add some muscle.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:12 pm

BEGIN CHAPTER 5: THE STORM

Previously on Pokemon Z

"It is, isn't it? You've... made it before, yeah? Not just something like it, but this one, this same sword?"

"...Yeah. Well, I didn't make it personally... But it's close enough to it." she nods, but speaks no more of it. At least for a little while.

"But it used to belong to a champion of mine, long ago. I rarely took those. To need a champion would imply unsavory things... And it's not like times were so good that those weren't needed, but I usually did not get involved. I was more of a tutor and crafter, and kept away from such things as I could."

"Sometimes I wonder if I should have been helping more actively..."

With that however, Diancie points out they don't have much time, and they should give proper goodbyes. Koa reluctantly agrees, thinking... And eventually offers a completely platonic hug. Diancie seems more than a bit surprised, but after a while, returns it.

"...Thank you, Diancie. I'll try to give you some more warning next time I come visit, yeah? Maybe I'll have time to make ya something to eat!"

"Ahaha..! It's my pleasure! And that would be enjoyable... Should be easier now the temple isn't running on fumes, isn't it..?"

Right now, on pokemon Z

Finally returning to the city, the trainers start to consider, and begin forging plans. After all... Why wait for them to strike first? If they know where their base is, why not take the fight straight to them?

...Well, the thought comes to mind that they've been there for ten years or so, according to Jack. And according to Jack they've also tried multiple times to get them out with no success- It is perhaps... A bit lofty to assume that would now change, or that they hadn't tried many strategies to do just that before.

In each case, some planning needs be done. Haley switches out the electric drive on the gun, and it's properties change- Acquiring the Electro blaster

Electro blaster
Grants the moves thunder bolt and thunder.

Eventually, a plan seems made, to try a two pronged assault, one flying in, while others would go by the bottom. Most of the split is made, leaving only Jeremy, Isabelle, and Luna to decide. Jeremy and Isabelle chime in they will go wherever they're needed, while Luna seems... More doubtful.

"...I'm not sure I'd be much of a help. I'm not a real fighter. But if I stayed away and it turns out something happens, I can't help but feel as if I'd be thinking I could have done something..." she shakes her head.

In each case, regardless of plans, if their plan is try and assault the tower... They may as well get moving to actually get there. While moving there, they try and think about where they could possibly even hope to fly in the tower. Does it even have windows..? It should right..? Why was it suddenly so hard to recall what it even looks like exactly..?

(( Everyone roll perception ))

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:22 pm

1d6 = [5] = 5
Alex is so damn perceptive. Y'know, relatively speaking. He can probably see a few feet around himself.
My game:

My characters:

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:40 pm

Koa is simultaneously relieved and disappointed Diancie reciprocates so casually, but this is for the best. Koa should have time to sort through his feelings and figure himself out this way.

-----

Back at Murkoff, Koa shrugs in Luna's direction. "It's up to you. I can ask Jack if there's something you could help him do, maybe? If not, you can stay with us on the ground team!"

Perception on way to Springstone hotel: 2d6 = [4, 3] = 7

Koa only fares a little better than Alex at being perceptive on the way to the tower. Who knows what he's supposed to be looking out for, anyway?

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:26 pm

Haley takes a picture of the building and puts it into her dex for later. Per [6d6+3] = 25+3 = 28

+2 if having a pic of Murkoff works with this as well.

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:12 pm

Living in the city his whole life seems to have given Bruce a slight advantage over his normally unperceptive self, and of course Alex. He thinks about trying to call in some backup, but ultimately decides against it. Him teaming up with a few out of towners could be forgiven if they failed, with no consequences other than their likely deaths. Calling in some more people though, that would be an act of war against the Red Hand, and it's not a war he thought the Junkrats could win.

Perception=11
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:14 am

It seems the reminiscent mind resistance training help Irene to not completely lose track, or at least she's no worse then average.

irene perception check [2d6] = 9

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:42 pm

"...I'm not sure I'd be much of a help. I'm not a real fighter. But if I stayed away and it turns out something happens, I can't help but feel as if I'd be thinking I could have done something..." she shakes her head.

Bjorn walks over to her. "Yes, but you're a great healer, which is just as important. And... I don't want you to go," he finishes quietly, looking at his feet.

Perception = 5d6 = [5, 5, 4, 2, 1] = 17
[/quote]
► Show Spoiler

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:12 pm