PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Home to all current Forum Games.
M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:50 am

Haley

Haley continues forward in the vent system, the narrow passage going for quite a while before coming to a split... To the right, there appears to be some kind of agility challenge- While straight ahead the vent continues again for a long while, eventually coming to another vent in an unexplored part of the maze... Seems this one actually has a grill covering it- Though there's an unlock latch on this side...

Alex

The Mightyena tries again... And this time connects for 32(18) damage, knocking Slippy out!

(lights remaining: 2)
Houndour(15) KO
Mightyena(14) injured
sandile(13/15) KO
Tyr(8/13) KO
Slippy(2) KO
scraggy(0/5) KO

Izzy, Drake

Izzy tries diplomacy one more time... Albeit not with proper threat- Pointing quite literally what could serve as a sci-fi raygun towards the girl.

"I already took out those jerks who attacked you. If you want to beat up someone unconscious, they're up there. But Isabella is off-limits. Whatever argument you had with her is over."

"You. Won."

Betty grits her teeth... But eventually strides forward, ignoring Isabella. Clearly still pissed- But barely holding it together enough to not go wild on Izzy and her pokemon. It's hard to say if that's a good or a bad thing...

"Tell her that next time I see her around here... I WILL kill her."

Barring that Izzy takes extreme offense to that, though, Betty leaves the stadium... The spectators apparently disappointed that there was gonna be no more tussle- Apparently they didn't even really care about it, besides the whole mess spreading out to the stands as well...

"When.. How?..

"I... Have no idea. The Collector guy just shouted something about someone being dead because of her, so... It must have happened a while ago..? Before we even met, I'd think..."

"We're probably only gonna find out once she's awake again. I'm gonna try and find a proper way down, because I can't jump from this high..."

► Show Spoiler
Koa, Irene, Bruce

The trio leave the mess of the battle behind them... And soon turn to the nurse as she worries over them. Bruce just watching in silence while he waits for himself to get looked over... He's been here a couple times before- They're pretty much the only place willing to take care of "your kind", after all... But he's only got to deal with the sweet lady once or twice.

"Ah well... I can be fairly stubborn about sticking to my principals... and the other people wanted me to just give up. Turns out there were a bit stronger force wise then I was expecting... just glad I was able to get out conscious."

"Darling, much as I'd like for you to stick to your principals, you'd probably ought to learn to keep silent at times... At least around these parts. You're just passing by, aren't you..?" she asks, while instructing Irene to drink a little something- the drink bitter, but rejuvenating.

"Ah heh, yeah, I haven't had the chance to rest up yet, just little bits here and there. And then ya get jumped like that and... well, what're ya gonna do?"

The woman looks at him for a second, and for less than a split second Koa seems to notice something the others don't... Or at least, he thinks he does- The look could probably be excused as her just inspecting wounds, but the look seems a bit too... "Deep" for it. Like she is inspecting something not visible to the naked eye... And what's more, said look seems to linger on him just a split second longer than the others, before turning back and applying some cream to some of Irene's wounds... The blue gel cool, and seeming to sink in the skin as a refreshing feeling waves over her... Most of her wounds already seeming to be closing up, while even some of the nastier scars are already clearing up.

Irene is healed to full HP and may remove an injury.

"Seem like some hefty burn marks... More than you'd just get from a fire pokemon. You had a graveler explode on you..? You might want to consider trying to avoid such dangerous foes, dear..."

"Well darling, I've dressed your wounds- Try not to move too much for now to allow it all to settle and you should be right as rain soon enough. Who of you two is next..?"
she finishes off, turning her attention back to Irene.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:17 am

"Is... something wrong?" Koa asks, noticeably being put on guard. Was this woman another psychic poking around in his head, was she doing that aura thing Fatale talked about, or...? "I'm gonna be okay, right? I'm not putting out any weird vibes or anything?"

Koa submits himself to treatment, then (since I don't think Bruce got hit at all?).

"Oh, uh, Irene? Can you text Izzy and tell her we're alright? I kinda forgot to, I hope she's not heading for the pizza shop."

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:01 am

Izzy breathes out a sigh of relief as Betty backs down, stowing her blaster back in her bag.

"I'll give her the message."

Once Betty is out of the way, Izzy rushes over to Isabella and waves over Jeremy.

"You've got bandages, right? And do you think Atom could carry her to the Poke Center? Maku's a bit..."

Looking around, she winces as she spots the KO'd Hariyama lying on the balcony. Careful not to get too close to the Drifblim, she recalls him from a distance. Along with the pissed off Fern, and confused Zeke - leaving just Nate out for now.

Then, she calls Jack.

"Hi, it's Izzy! So, you remember how you told me to stay out of trouble yesterday? Weeeeell...Isabella kinda picked a fight with this girl called Betty, who I'm pretty sure wanted to straight up murder her. With a bat. But then this fat guy called the Collector turned up, and he also wanted to kill her? So I kinda knocked out him and his bodyguard to protect Isabella, who then lost the fight to Betty anyway."

"Long story short; Isabella's unconscious, and I think I've just made some dangerous people really angry with me. Again."

"Oh, and we're at the Junkrat's Arena place."

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:09 am

Haley decides to check the agility thing before unlocking the hatch.
Acro [2d6] = 9
Not sure if I would get ap back before the battle or not. If I would, I will boost it up to ten, if not then she won't.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:09 pm

Letsss go witthhhh... Gwen.

The bug's faster, and Speed Boost will bump her up to +1CS on speed, so I'm leaving that on there to begin with. If the Mightyena has a priority move it can get an attack in while she's still only got 25 speed.

Fury Cutter: AC=7, Damage = 35
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:49 am

"Oh sorry, didnt realise you were separate to me! Handsome fella, you are! Can you grab that icon please? Would be a big help."

If his reflection picks up the icon, Bjorn walks back towards the mirror to see if somehow he can take the icon from his reflection.
► Show Spoiler

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:29 am

"True, it would be easier, and safer to not say anything keeping my head low and pass through... but that, would also leave the wrong doing unchallenged. I do appreciate your concern, but as long as I can stand up, I should."

"Oh, yeah we probably should text her!"

Code: Select all

Hey Izzy
Situation has been resolved don't need to come over anymore.

BUT try to avoid getting into any major fights. Grimm is getting ready for his comeback!!! Together we should be able to handle this, but it be best if we were at full fighting strength. We're currently being treated at x location. Where are you?

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:19 am

After finishing her call to Jack, Izzy notices she has a message. And her stomach drops as she finds out what happened to the others - with everything else that happened to them recently, she'd almost completely forgotten about Grimm!

...oops.

So apparently Isabella has a ton of enemies. We kinda got into a fight at this arena place, and she got KO'd. 

Meet you at the Poke Center?*
(*If Jack says to bring Isabella anywhere, swap the Poke Center for that place instead.)

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:20 am

Sure, once we get out of here. Me and Koa will meet up...
 and maybe Bruce, He's had an increadbly messed up introduction to us,
  but hey stayed and helped so despite his gruff I'm a bad boy attitutde, 
  he seems pretty decent when it actually matters

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:58 am

Drake nods and follows Jeremy down to Izzy
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:50 am

Bruce just focuses on getting his team healed, not paying much attention to the crowd inside the Academy. Instead, he's more trying to wrap his brain around this new crowd he'd gotten mixed up with.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:49 pm

Koa, Irene, Bruce

"True, it would be easier, and safer to not say anything keeping my head low and pass through... but that, would also leave the wrong doing unchallenged. I do appreciate your concern, but as long as I can stand up, I should."

The woman seems to pause for a moment, as if thinking... But eventually seems to only offer a mild smile, while lightly shaking her head. She gently squeezes Irene's arm while speaking a couple more words.

"Well, just try to take care... It'd be a shame to lose someone with that level of concern, after all."

"Is... something wrong? I'm gonna be okay, right? I'm not putting out any weird vibes or anything?"

"Hm? Oh no, darling, not at all- I was just, apparently not so subtly, wondering what'd have caused those burn scars... And what balm I'll use to help get rid of them." she says, doing just that- Applying some kind of ointment that seems to wash over him with a cold, rejuvenating wave... And once that was done, she'd of course extend the same courtesy to Bruce as well.

Koa has been healed to full HP and restored two injuries.

Bruce has been healed to full HP and restored one injury

With that, though, the trainers seem mostly done... And with a pleasant smile, it does appear nurse Uyum would have them outside- After all, others were waiting just as well. Their pokemon wouldn't take too much longer to heal either... Although some correspondence between them and the other side of the group was... A bit troubling, perhaps. It really appeared they could never get a break, could they..?

Izzy, Drake

Drake just nods as he follows Jeremy, who spends longer than he'd care to admit trying to actually find a proper way down to the center arena... Izzy meanwhile, calling Jack.

"Hi, it's Izzy! So, you remember how you told me to stay out of trouble yesterday? Weeeeell...Isabella kinda picked a fight with this girl called Betty, who I'm pretty sure wanted to straight up murder her. With a bat. But then this fat guy called the Collector turned up, and he also wanted to kill her? So I kinda knocked out him and his bodyguard to protect Isabella, who then lost the fight to Betty anyway."

"Long story short; Isabella's unconscious, and I think I've just made some dangerous people really angry with me. Again."

"Wait- Betty AND Richard?! Where are you?!"

"Oh, and we're at the Junkrat's Arena place."

"She went INTO the Junkrat place?!" you hear Jack, quite literally, yell from the other side of the phone, followed by some words she wouldn't just idly repeat in front of a sailor... Eventually Jack, somewhat composed, putting the phone back to his mouth.

"Just... You're safe? Wait there- I'll be there soon."

With that, Jeremy gets down, confirming Izzy's suspicions that he can look after Isabella... Which starts by the simple act of applying a potion, which is enough to get her back up- Izzy meanwhile, has to worry about getting Maku back... Without pissing off the flying ghost. That might prove a bit harder than expected, as she gets back up on the higher platforms in order to reach Maku, and the ghost keeps a focused eye on her... But she gets saved by a seeming act of god... Quite literally- As thunder suddenly strikes from the sky, impacting with the ghost and knocking it out..!

It doesn't take too much longer for her to realize what was going on, though- Yet another newcomer having appeared on the actual arena, looking upwards as she blows over her finger as if she had just fired it as if it were a gun... Probably mostly for theatrics. Seeing no "hostiles", though- Or at least not figuring Izzy to be one, she quickly turns back towards Drake and the others, joined with two assistants.

The pawniard that was also still up there just sleeps through it all, allowing Izzy to claim her pokemon back without issues.

"At least I got to shoot something still. With the current track record peeps gonna start thinking I'm weak." the blonde haired musician steps forward... Sunglasses and leather jacket striking an at least somewhat imposing look as she spends just a moment to make sure Isabella was actually alright and moving thanks to Jeremy's treatment, before just immediately shaking her head.

"You're really not the brightest bulb coming back, are you? Where's Richard? Up there?"
► Show Spoiler
Haley

Haley begins the acrobatics challenge- It appears the first part should be manageable, but there's a harder, far more challenging part behind it... The first part seeming to have an idol, why the latter part has some kind of other reward..? Her first attempt... Botches completely, though. At least there's soft flooring to soften her landing... Unless she has a rough fall or just starts hurting from extertion, at least.

(Give me a couple rolls if you'd like to, and let me know if you'd keep going when taking damage and to what degree...)

Alex

Gwen is out, and Jack decides to try and tough it out... Which it succeeds in given that Gwen's attack misses! In return, it bites for 38(28) damage.

Gwen(30/25) +1 SPD 55/83
Houndour(15) KO
Mightyena(14) injured
sandile(13/15) KO
Tyr(8/13) KO
Slippy(2) KO
scraggy(0/5) KO

Bjorn

"Oh sorry, didnt realise you were separate to me! Handsome fella, you are! Can you grab that icon please? Would be a big help."

His double does grin a bit... But then shakes his head. "Nah, sorry. I think we both figured it wouldn't be that easy, would it?"

"Nah. You do something for me, and then I'll help you with that idol... Deal?"

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:56 pm

Bjorn shrugs sheepishly. "Yeah, but worth a try! How can I help?"
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:25 pm

Haley is somewhat of an adrinaline junkie, a few falls would push her a bit more. She'll continue until she gets severly hurt. Athletics: 2D6 = [3, 3] = 6
2D6 = [1, 5] = 6
2D6 = [2, 6] = 8
2D6 = [6, 6] = 12
2D6 = [2, 5] = 7

Anything about this area I can use my other items that I have for this?

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:02 pm

Let's try another Fury Cutter.

AC=15, Damage=32

I'm just gonna keep doing this until one of the two pokemon falls. I'd make a few rolls in advance, but with the changing DB that's difficult to plan in advance.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:56 pm

Thank you, and I will. I can only help when I'm functioning after all. Irene returns the smile and pats the nurses hand in reassurance... with the vaguest notion that a lot more is happening.

After they're seen out she'll ask Koa. I don't have much experience being patched up... but does it seem like her medicine was far more effective then normal?
Seeing Izzy hasn't responded to any text messages yet Irene heads towards the pokemon center and switches out Rose, Shock, and Ms. Cuddles. Allowing them all to rest while she takes out Pieces, Cygnus, and her new eevee pal.

Calling the little fluff ball out Irene produces a brush and starts combing him while she talks to him. "Hello welcome to the team. Sorry it took so long to properly meet you. It seems like we're always dealing with some excitement." vee.. "Don't worry I just want you to grow up healthy ok? As for a name how about... Polaris?" vee? Picking the little eevee up and giving him a hug before setting him down Irene explains. "See, every pokemon is filled with potential, but you have potential and possibilities. So this name was chosen with the idea of covering whatever you grew up to become." vee! giving a slightly louder, yet still quiet response Eevee seems to approve of his new name while settling down to be combed, soon finding a buddy resting next to him as Rythem gets right next to Polaris to get a turn being brushed.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:43 am

Bjorn

"Yeah, but worth a try! How can I help?"

"Oh, it's really simple... I just want to swap places, for a little bit!"
his double grins. "Just until the next person comes along and is willing to switch as well... Oh, about that. You can even help out another person while you're at it, too!" the figure says, meanwhile having walked up almost to the mirror itself... Before moving off to the side- Pulling something close for him in view that'd probably give just a bit of a shock... A set of chains- Coming down from the ceiling, they were used to hand up a stockade... Trapped within, another "kid", gagged. Actually, wait... It's Koa?!

"So, what say you..? Wanna swap places with him until the next one arrives..? I promise I'll do real good at that gym fight!"

Haley

Haley continues trying several times, taking a couple falls... But doesn't get hurt at least, perhaps just a bit sore, until, finally, she does manage to climb on... And claims the idol there!

The next climbing challenge seems like it's too hard for her, though... And just lassoing upwards doesn't seem an option- If the next pedestal is the same as this one, it seems to be detached from the ground on an otherwise flat surface... And trying to pull it down seems like an extremely risky endeavor that might seriously risk hurting her if she's standing under it while it happens- Not to mention, might break whatever prize is on there. And the pedestal. Would the gym punish her if she ended up breaking something..? Maybe there's something else..?

Alex

The next hit is a bit more successful... But the mightyena is left barely standing! in response it bites again, for 43(33) damage.

Gwen(35/25) +2 SPD 22/83
Houndour(15) KO
Mightyena(14) badly injured
sandile(13/15) KO
Tyr(8/13) KO
Slippy(2) KO
scraggy(0/5) KO

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:52 am

Haley looks around for some sort of secret, or hidden thing. There has to be someway somebody got up there to put the prize there without risking hurting themselves and she doubts that they would high an athletic person just to do that.

Per [5d6+5] = 22+5 = 27

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:03 am

I don't have much experience being patched up... but does it seem like her medicine was far more effective then normal?

"Yeah, and she was giving me weird looks," Koa agrees. She'd made a comment about how Koa was hurt. Did she recognize what kind of damage the Overseer does to people? Maybe it could be something to look into later. Koa shrugs. "I'm not complaining, though. If that Grim guy's gonna do something, I'm just wanna be ready as I can be."

Koa will then head out with the others to the pokemon center, to plan their next move or whatever else.

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:43 pm

"I agree it's best to be as ready as possible, I guess just consider ourselves lucky this nurse was so skilled and friendly?"

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:46 am

Leech Life this time, since it's near done and healing is needed.

AC=9, Damage = 30
My game:

My characters:

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:57 am

With her Pokemon safe again, Izzy climbs back downstairs and over to the others.

"You're really not the brightest bulb coming back, are you? Where's Richard? Up there?"

"Richard's that guy who calls himself the collector, right? He's knocked out up there, with his bodyguard. Actually, they've been unconscious for a while. I hope I didn't hurt them too much..."

"Who are you? Are you going to start fighting us too?"

► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:16 am

Haley

Haley looks around for any secrets, and... Does find something! One of the tiles seems just a tiny bit off... Like it can be moved...? With that said, though, there's seemingly no way to open it from this side- So while perhaps interesting, not really useful to helping her get on the platform...

Koa, Irene, (Bruce)

Koa and Irene discuss a bit, but mostly just seem happy to be healed... Irene brushing and taking care of her new pokemon, while waiting for the others to join back with them.

Alex

Jack calls on pain resistance as the Mightyena is hit, leaving Gwen with only 2 HP to restore... It's still enough, though, as the mightyena is KO'd.

Next up is a murkrow.

Gwen(40/25) +2 SPD 24/83
Murkrow(16)
Houndour(15) KO
Mightyena(14) KO
sandile(13/15) KO
Tyr(8/13) KO
Slippy(2) KO
scraggy(0/5) KO

Izzy, (Drake)

"Richard's that guy who calls himself the collector, right? He's knocked out up there, with his bodyguard. Actually, they've been unconscious for a while. I hope I didn't hurt them too much..."

"Yeah, that's the fella. Don't worry too much, though- Vermin like him ain't exactly easy to get rid off."

"Ugh... Didn't even want any beef with him- Just..."

"Lemme guess- Just Betty, right? And got your ass handed to you regardless?"

"Girl, I thought you were smarter than this."

"Who are you? Are you going to start fighting us too?"

The woman snorts- But quickly shakes her head.

"Nah, you've been through enough shit. Besides, you've done nothing wrong, yeah? We got like only a handful of rules, and that dick thinks he's got the power to just overrule those as well. He'll just have to take the little beat-down as his punishment."

"Just a word of advice, though... Just because I'm totally on your side here doesn't mean I don't think it's in everyone's best interest you mosey on out of this part of the city and don't come back, yeah? The fella can hold a grudge- But that much is probably obvious."
she says... Taking a last look over the battlefield before continuing.

"Just gotta deal with the cleanup I suppose. You kids all right?"

"I'll be... Fine."

"Hah! Girl, you are NOT fine. Go get yourself checked, alright?"
she says, before her eyes turn back to Izzy... Seeming to take a notice of her guitar.

"You play, girl..?"

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:46 am

Slash: AC = 8, Damage = 36

Wow, Pain Resistance was a rough trick there. Clever move.
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:56 am

Haley frowns and sighs. There has to be another way to get on that platform. She goes back to the vent and sees if there is something that's higher up. If not she goes into the unexplored room, looking for possible secret passageways.