PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Home to all current Forum Games.
User avatar
SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 5631

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sat May 12, 2018 9:32 am

"Well... if you're sure," Koa says, feeling a little bad since he'd just agreed to help Izzy out.

"Hey Isabella, do you know where this is?" Koa asks Isabella, showing his pokedex to her with Irene's meeting place. "Some kinda restaurant, it sounds like?"

After Koa gets his net(s), he'll release Maguma the newly-evolved Magmar so they can leave the Scrap Market a little more securely. Then Koa will go to wherever Irene wants to meet up.

User avatar
Synch
Game Master
Posts: 4563
Location: New Zealand

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Synch » Sun May 13, 2018 5:10 am

Bjorn looks worringly at the concoction before tipping a small amount on his grave to honour the dead (it's their drink after all) then sculling the rest.
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 12180

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by M0rtimer » Mon May 14, 2018 8:21 am

Alex

"I don't know, am I? What is cheating? If I didn't expect the result, does that count?"

"Are we getting philosophical, here..?"

"Maybe I'm just bending the rules. Maybe I'm actually just really lucky and convinced you I haven't walked into any walls by chance."

"Nah, you smell like aura. Besides, no one is THAT lucky."

"Hm, yes, Jack can probably give me the best answers. Well, even without a good teacher, I'll probably work out most of it myself, with enough time."

"Probably. I mostly did, at least."

With that, Alex arrives at the stalls, looking around... And then immediately shoves his ticket down the clown's gullet. Nothing happens.

"...Wow. That's... The first time someone did that..? I... Think you might have actually broken the maze, now. Congratulations?"

Oh, wait- That's NOT what happened. Instead, he logically decides to go try out the shooting gallery, and... Somehow does pretty well? The robot he's with spitting out two points, which gets him to open that door, and an idol..!

OBTAINED THE MR.MIME IDOL

Haley

Haley pauses, investigating the wall in front of her... And does actually find something..! There is the ever lightest "groove" here in the wall, like some kind of hidden door..? But there doesn't seem to be any way to actually open it... And now, she can once again hear that creature shuffling around in the halls nearby.

Koa, Izzy

The four trainers agree to wacky hijinks and buying goods for illegal purchase that most certainly won't go wrong in the slightest, just before they get a message from Irene... And with some quick deduction, figure out what it's about, as plans change- Koa intent go check it out, while Izzy and the others would go buy these disk readers. But before they both leave, Koa does have one more thing to do...

"So these nets are pretty good-looking, yeah? I'm thinking I could use one, but two would be even better in case something happened to one of 'em. I dunno if I wanna spend that much just for insurance, though... ya think I could get those two nets there for a flat 2000?"

"2000, for two..?" the woman says, seeming to pause for a moment... Although mostly a feigned one. "Yes, that I can do... You want these two?" she asks, pointing to two of the larger nets in question, agreeing to the deal.

Irene, (Bruce)

Irene moves over to meet up with Bruce... But not before she ever so gently has to dump Dave, of course.

"Hey, I know you mean well, but I think we're just operating on different levels. Plus I'm about to leave the town soon and I think you have some good friends here."

"Oh, yeah no, I totally get it! Don't worry, I'll catch you later... Right?" Dave replies, as... Irene's not sure if he's actually too dimwitted to catch on he's being dumped, or if he's just being ignorant..?

Bjorn

Bjorn tips a small amount of the liquid onto a nearby grave, the reaper's eyes seeming to glow for a moment as he does... Before he takes in the rest of the absolutely vile liquid, nearly gagging... As none the less, the statue seems contented. The door onwards sliding open, and the reaper robot even seems to grasp something from within it's cloak, holding it out...

OBTAINED THE CUBONE IDOL.

Before he can continue, though... There's a sudden tap on his shoulder, followed by a heavy voice.

"Excuse me, sir?"

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7580
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Dusk9 » Mon May 14, 2018 10:05 am

As Koa heads off to meet up with Irene and her mystery friend, Izzy grabs Drake and ropes him into the totally-legit TM scheme. Assuming he agrees to help, she then heads over to the Mart to buy her TM device, giving Isabella, Jeremy, and Drake the 1000 bucks each to buy their own.

Once she has all four TM downloaders (provided there aren't any...problems at the PokeMart) she then returns to the TM stall - hopefully with one of the others backing her up - and picks up the Surf/cracked TM device.

User avatar
SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 5631

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by SuperVaderMan » Mon May 14, 2018 10:34 am

Koa buys the two nets, releases Maguma to keep him company, and heads out to meet Irene and... whoever this other person is! He sends a quick text to Irene ahead of him.

Code: Select all

Heading over now! How much they know about tentacruels?

User avatar
Natrivv
Spokesperson in Training
Posts: 1369

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Natrivv » Mon May 14, 2018 2:58 pm

Code: Select all

from what I understand, nothing. He just found his one it's own... though based on the rest of his team, I'm pretty sure his tentacruel is just poison type.

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 15690
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon May 14, 2018 8:20 pm

Haley feels along the groove, and tries to grip it with her fingers, before she presses her ear against the wall and taps on the door to hear how hollow it is. She uses the base of the candle she got as a brace to help open the door. If the arsehole imp gets near her she will use sleep powder on it.

[1d20] = 11

User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
Posts: 11859
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Dlover » Tue May 15, 2018 2:32 am

"Nah, you smell like aura. Besides, no one is THAT lucky."
"You have yet to see just how wildly my luck can spike. Next time I fall off a cliff I'll probably slide into a pile of gold and come out of it with light bruising. That aside, I smell like aura? That's a rather unique talent. You sure it's not just the smell of fantastic deodorant and days of travel?"

After somehow winning the idol, Alex collects his reward, turning to his new friend and raising an eyebrow, "I could essentially be declared clinically blind, and that happened. Still doubt the favour I've curried with Luck?"

Having claimed his prize, and with nothing he would want to exchange for another ticket, he turns to face the door which opened, then looks back the way he came, "Haah... Two doors which probably aren't too difficult to get open. One which will probably open so long as you're stupid or brave enough to drink that mess, the other if you've got enough skill or luck to win at least one point... They probably both lead to the exit, in their own way, so I'm likely to miss something by going either way. But I'm probably going to miss most things on the path I do follow... I don't suppose you have any suggestions as to which path would be most advisable for a poor blind boy, love?" Alex tilts his head to one side, his tone slightly teasing.

Charm = 24 (Wanna tell me stuff?)
Intuition = 23 (Do I follow her advice / Which way do I go?)
Intuition = 24 (For maze travel)
Perception = 1 (For maze travel)

Basically, Charm to get the girl to answer, intuition to decide which way to go based on her answer or just an intuitive guess if she's not forthcoming. Second intuition and perception are the basic rolls for maze traversal.


"By the way, has anyone ever mentioned you have something of a strange aura? It feels like every one I've seen has to do with a person's nature, but yours just outlines you. I can't see any significant part of somebody's personality or nature being their general shape. It's just not abstract enough. Don't tell me you're actually a pokemon who identifies as human~ ... Are you? On top of an odd aura, being able to smell aura on me doesn't strike me as something a human would be capable of. Then again, neither was seeing souls, a couple of days ago. I've become paranoid recently, but I swear I'll never even be able to flirt without worrying about that after seeing a zoroark show off how real its illusions look."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

User avatar
Synch
Game Master
Posts: 4563
Location: New Zealand

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Synch » Tue May 15, 2018 5:18 am

Bjorn grabs the Cubone Idol and spins around, quickly encasing his fists in ice in case of trouble.

"Yeah?"
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 12180

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by M0rtimer » Wed May 16, 2018 7:30 am

Izzy

Izzy is quick to rush off, tracking down Drake and forcing convincing him into her scheme. The four of them soon moving to the "actual" pokemart, each, completely non-suspiciously entering, buying one of the devices, then exiting... If the shopkeeper gives any odd looks by the time it's all said and done, he doesn't seem to care enough to do anything about it.

And with that, though, she returns to the market, Jeremy and Isabella seeming cool to stick around for a little while longer before they go check out the gym, "just in case". Everything seems to go smoothly, though, the transaction completing without issue, as Izzy gets her cracked device and TM..! Before they can actually exit the market and never go back, though, Isabella suddenly speaks up.

"...Hey, whatever happens- Don't intervene, alright?"

(Roll perception or intuition...)

Haley

Haley feels among what little of a groove there is, but fails to find any kind of latch to open what she suspects to be a door... Knocking against it does reveal it to be a hollow space beyond, however. But there doesn't seem to be any way to open it with just her fingers, at least... She's not sure if even if she had a tool whether that would work!

Alex

"You have yet to see just how wildly my luck can spike. Next time I fall off a cliff I'll probably slide into a pile of gold and come out of it with light bruising. That aside, I smell like aura? That's a rather unique talent. You sure it's not just the smell of fantastic deodorant and days of travel?"

"It's MOSTLY just a figure of speech. But yes. I suppose I MIGHT be confused by the smell of many, many days of travel..."

"It's not as sexy as you seem to think it is."


"I could essentially be declared clinically blind, and that happened. Still doubt the favour I've curried with Luck?"

"Nah. That wasn't sight, that was mostly... Instinct? You just predicted the motion of the figures well enough to line up the shots properly."

"Haah... Two doors which probably aren't too difficult to get open. One which will probably open so long as you're stupid or brave enough to drink that mess, the other if you've got enough skill or luck to win at least one point... They probably both lead to the exit, in their own way, so I'm likely to miss something by going either way. But I'm probably going to miss most things on the path I do follow... I don't suppose you have any suggestions as to which path would be most advisable for a poor blind boy, love?"

The girl shrugs, seemingly unphased. "Eh. Both will get you to the exit. Pick whichever one you prefer."

"By the way, has anyone ever mentioned you have something of a strange aura? It feels like every one I've seen has to do with a person's nature, but yours just outlines you. I can't see any significant part of somebody's personality or nature being their general shape. It's just not abstract enough. Don't tell me you're actually a pokemon who identifies as human~ ... Are you? On top of an odd aura, being able to smell aura on me doesn't strike me as something a human would be capable of. Then again, neither was seeing souls, a couple of days ago. I've become paranoid recently, but I swear I'll never even be able to flirt without worrying about that after seeing a zoroark show off how real its illusions look."

The girl seems to pause, her expression obviously an enigma given the aura "mask", not to mention it's so dark he could barely see her. Her aura, surprisingly enough, doesn't seem to reveal much either. Until she, eventually, let's out a deep sigh.

"I REALLY don't like you aura types, you know. You're too smart for your own good, at times."

"And for that matter... I don't like my own aura, either. A person's aura is supposed to sort of... Resemble who they are, right?"

"Mine always just seems to serve to remind me of what I'm not."


(With her not really giving any indication on what direction is best, what will Alex end up doing?)

Bjorn

Bjorn turns around, already completely prepared to tussle it out as he coats one of his fists in ice... Behind him standing a rather tall, broad-shouldered man- Albeit one that raises his hands in a calming manner when noticing the fist.

"Yeah?"

"Ho there, easy son. I'm not here to cause trouble. Well, ideally I'm not here to cause trouble." he says, seeming to grab some kind of miniature, but much stronger light than Bjorn has- Shining it down on some kind of notebook he can't quite read from his perspective, as the man continues.

"It's just that I work in maintenance and such in this here place, and I just got notice from one of the sensors you tried to rip out one of the vents... Now, I'm not exactly blaming you given you had to do that to get in the first place, but can we agree that when you have to do something like that it should be obvious, just as it'll be obvious if you're not..?"

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 15690
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed May 16, 2018 7:59 am

Haley continues down the hallway, looking for a secret switch or something to open the groove. Per [5d6+5] = 15+5 = 20

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7580
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Dusk9 » Wed May 16, 2018 8:57 am

"...Hey, whatever happens- Don't intervene, alright?"

"Huh? What?"

Looking up from studying her new toy, Izzy glances around the other stalls, suddenly on edge.

Perception: 26

User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
Posts: 11859
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Dlover » Wed May 16, 2018 5:58 pm

"Hah, I am fully aware that I don't smell particularly appealing at the moment. Traveling never leaves a person smelling of roses."

Considering what he had been told, Alex decides there's no reason to backtrack yet again, and proceeds forward through the newly opened door.

Alex shrugs, "I said before I'm good at reading people, the aura just helps along. As for auras, I don't know. Is it just who they are, are who they want to be? You'd rather be human, right? But it's hard to keep up an act at all times. Doesn't mean you can't be a person, though. You can talk fluently, you're intelligent, that covers most of the bases, puts you ahead of plenty of humans. It's not exactly what you'd want, but it's something. If auras really do just resemble who a person is, then it's pretty clear what yours means, right? You're already a person, as human as you need be. Is there really anything you'd want to do that you just can't because you're not human?"
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

User avatar
Synch
Game Master
Posts: 4563
Location: New Zealand

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Synch » Sat May 19, 2018 2:51 am

"It's just that I work in maintenance and such in this here place, and I just got notice from one of the sensors you tried to rip out one of the vents... Now, I'm not exactly blaming you given you had to do that to get in the first place, but can we agree that when you have to do something like that it should be obvious, just as it'll be obvious if you're not..?"

"Yeah thats fair, sorry if I caused you extra work! Its just that it was a doorless room you know, so I figure you had to go through the vent. How will you get in to fix the vent? Do you want my help?" Bjorn asks, hoping the man might inadvertently reveal the secret of the room.

(I don't have much guile, if you need a roll :( Bjorn Guile Check: 2D6 = [4, 3] = 7
)
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 6942

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by SamWiser » Sat May 19, 2018 12:17 pm

Code: Select all

Sure pizza sounds good. Just tell me where to meet ya.
Bruce sends her an address. It's a place he had gone often when doing some... not exactly legal business. People knew him there, and there was a general rule of staying out of other people's business.

He sits down, orders a Pepperoni pizza, and waits for Irene.
► Show Spoiler
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 12180

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by M0rtimer » Sat May 19, 2018 1:34 pm

Koa, Irene, Bruce

Under some messages sent to each other, the trainers agree to meet at a little restaurant at Bruce's recommendation... Even though he appears to be the last one to actually arrive, first wanting to finish up whatever he's doing at the shop. And it is so that Irene and Koa are the first to find themselves in the store, which seems mostly deserted besides two guys near the back of the store at a table, and of course the guys behind the register... Seeming just a bit upset as the trainers state that they're just waiting on someone for now, but leaves them be as he seems pre-occupied with taking call orders.

It's not much later that a perhaps still slightly annoyed Bruce enters the store in question... Already seeming ready to grumble out at the duo about just what kind of things they were talking about previously... Interrupted as he'd notice what's happening at the back of the store- Koa and Irene alike, turning as they come to notice... What perhaps shouldn't be a familiar "tchnk" sound.

Turning around, the trainers find the two strangers now had donned a pair of completely white masks, obscuring their visage... Although that probably didn't seem quite as important as the two now loaded guns they had raised in the general direction of the trainers.

And things seemed to be moving fast- Before the trainers could even question, or defend themselves against such an attack, another, louder crashing noise came from the front of the shop. A machamp bulking through the now open frame, followed by two more figures. The first clad in armour that would have you believe him to be a junkrat, a ragtag bunch of armour seemingly assembled from spare parts... But the mask he carried betrayed that to simply be a disguise- Identical to the two thugs at the back of the room, with the exception of a large, bloody hand seemingly being imprinted on the mask. The man joined by yet ANOTHER figure that... Kind of breaks the pattern going on? The vaguely feminine figure instead donned in a simple black robe that covers her from head to toe, her face only obscured by her face tilted slightly downwards beyond that large hood. As her "weapon of choice" seems to be something... Quite unorthodox as well. A staff that's taller than she herself is, with what appears to be some kind of mirror on it's end, adorned with crystals on it's side. The shopkeeper is left cursing and hiding behind the desk as the apparent commander raises his hand, waving it as if to usher some of the trainers to move aside.

"Stay out of this, outsiders. This does not concern you."

"Bruce. Hand over the ultra beast, and no one needs to get hurt."


Haley

Haley continues down the hallway, but fails to find any way to open the door with a switch or anything of the likes... That she can see, at least. With the creature once again seeming to approach her destination, however, she does notice that there appears to be some kind of outline appearing on the door she found earlier, along with a keyhole..? Might there be a way to open that, later..?

Izzy

Looking up from her initial distraction, it takes but a moment for Izzy to properly gauge what's going on. Looking at Isabella, particularly her eyes, she can see what... Boils down to pure, unadulterated, hatred. Trailing down her sight it's target appears clear. Further in the market, surrounded by some people who seem to recognize her as well, but more in a congratulatory sense, is another girl. With short, white hair, braces you can see through the big grin she's giving, and an overall cocky demeanor as she walks around with a metal bat strapped over her back, giving out high-fives to the passerby's as she's walking. The couple scars she has betrays she's probably been in more than one scrap, and given the amount of praise she's getting, is probably a lot tougher than her first impression might give...

Isabella meanwhile, doesn't seem like she's willing to explain what exactly her beef with her might be. It seems like her goal is simply to punch her straight in the face..!
► Show Spoiler
Alex

"I said before I'm good at reading people, the aura just helps along. As for auras, I don't know. Is it just who they are, are who they want to be? You'd rather be human, right? But it's hard to keep up an act at all times. Doesn't mean you can't be a person, though. You can talk fluently, you're intelligent, that covers most of the bases, puts you ahead of plenty of humans. It's not exactly what you'd want, but it's something. If auras really do just resemble who a person is, then it's pretty clear what yours means, right? You're already a person, as human as you need be. Is there really anything you'd want to do that you just can't because you're not human?"

There seems to be some silence as Alex speaks, before he swears he can hear what sounds like a light "Heh...". Soon followed by an actual statement.

"Well, aren't you just a charmer? Anyways... Have fun."

Unsure of what she might mean with that, Alex turns around to... Find her gone? At the very same moment, however, as he's exiting the room the robots start talking once more... Turning it's head once again to face you..!

"NOW NOW, ALEX, LEAVING SO SOON? WON'T YOU STICK AROUND FOR OUR SPECIAL GUEST?"

With that, the robot clowns burst out in a cacaphony of laughter. He's not able to tell anything different besides the hellish noise... But none the less feels like he ought to be moving fast regardless..!

Bjorn

"Yeah thats fair, sorry if I caused you extra work! Its just that it was a doorless room you know, so I figure you had to go through the vent. How will you get in to fix the vent? Do you want my help?"

"Oh, no, vent's mostly alright. I'll just check on it later through the secret passage. Anyways... I'll just stick around with you for a little while so you don't accidentally destroy anything you're not supposed to. Just pretend like I'm not here, alright?"

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 15690
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat May 19, 2018 2:11 pm

Haley frowns slightly and turns around to follow the hallway to find something (other than the clown room). When the imp gets close to her she uses Sleep powder on it.

User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
Posts: 11859
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Dlover » Sat May 19, 2018 6:23 pm

Alex turns and hurries down to path, as much as he can hurry. It makes sense that she would leave just as something important starts.

Per: 1, Int: 17

I swear I've rolled more 1s for perception than any other number while in this maze.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

User avatar
Synch
Game Master
Posts: 4563
Location: New Zealand

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Synch » Sat May 19, 2018 11:11 pm

Bjorn takes note of the mention of a secret passage, trying not to let on anything was revealed.

"Yeah I figured that there was a secret passage, I just thought the vent was maybe more straight forward than hunting for one. I'm actually on my way back there to hunt it out, I only left because some clank things were coming. I don't mind if you watch and observe. I promise I'll leave the vent alone this time!"

Bjorn quickly jogs back to the vent system, and provided the source of the clanks are gone, Bjorn will walk along inspecting and tapping panels 5m on each side of the vent, trying to discern any shifts in movement or a different sounding noise. He will also look for anywhere a panel has scraped on the floor of the vent.

Perception check: 5D6 = [2, 6, 3, 6, 2] = 19


If the vent system still sounds unsafe, Bjorn will leave the vent system alone for good, and make his way on from the graveyard into the maze.
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7580
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Dusk9 » Sun May 20, 2018 8:21 am

The first thing that pops into Izzy's head is surprise. Wow. Isabella must really hate that girl.

This is followed quickly by alarm, as Izzy realises exactly what her friend intends to do. But while she's fast enough to see it coming, she has no clue how to stop it! Short of...grabbing Isabella's arm and holding her back? That just seems like a good way of getting punched herself...

Not that it really matters. Since, by the time Izzy puts 2-and-2 together, it's too late to do anything other squawk out a strangled objection.

"Wait, don't-"

User avatar
Natrivv
Spokesperson in Training
Posts: 1369

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Natrivv » Sun May 20, 2018 3:38 pm

Well, I'm glad I found you first Bruce. Wouldn't want you to go at this alone.

Turning towards the guns internally screaming Irene states Pardon me, but the moment you threatened me you involved this outsider. Tops is quite happy with Bruce, and you're not separating them while I am here.

Why don't you leave the happy pair alone?

User avatar
SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 5631

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sun May 20, 2018 3:52 pm

Well, Koa had been in nicer eateries before. Still, you can't judge a book by it's cover. Sometimes small, out-of-the-way places like this were hidden gems with great food!

Too bad he didn't get the chance to try any of it, as suddenly Irene, Koa, and a 'Bruce' found themselves surrounded.

Koa reflexively lowers his stance as the masked strangers aim their weapons, Maguma the Magmar doing the same. He furrows his brow in confusion at the woman's familiar dark robe, and how the group was making demands for an 'Ultra Beast.'

"Sons of Aether? What're you trying to steal this guy's pokemon for?"

User avatar
SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 6942

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by SamWiser » Sun May 20, 2018 11:42 pm

"Stay out of this, outsiders. This does not concern you."

"Bruce. Hand over the ultra beast, and no one needs to get hurt



Well, I'm glad I found you first Bruce. Wouldn't want you to go at this alone.

I think you'll be changing your mind about that soon. Bruce tries to herd Koa and Irene away from them. He moves close to the door while staying away from the figure guarding it.

Pardon me, but the moment you threatened me you involved this outsider. Tops is quite happy with Bruce, and you're not separating them while I am here.

Why don't you leave the happy pair alone


"Sons of Aether? What're you trying to steal this guy's pokemon for?"

Sons of who? These guys are the Red Hand. Serious bad news. I should have known they would be coming after me eventually. I agree with them, though. You really should leave.

Bruce turns to the gang members surrounding him.
Hey guys. He waves around, then focuses on the leader. I'm guessing by ultra beast, you mean my strange little demon? Honestly, I don't think you know what you're asking. You might have seen him before. He looks cute. Happy. But there is a reason I call him a demon. He has a dark side. Powerful enough to rip you all apart without breaking a sweat. Your Machamp and your girl's staff won't help at all. Let's be smart about this. We can all go, sit down, enjoy some pizza, and we can all keep our heads. Sound good? Knowing that his Intimidating StareTM probably wouldn't do much with 6 on 1, or 6 on 3 if the others were stubborn, he still tries to put the fear if God, or of demons, in them. He isn't used to playing the peace keeper though, so he is a little flustered.

Intimidation=17
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 12180

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by M0rtimer » Wed May 23, 2018 6:44 am

Haley

Haley continues her search of the maze, the... Thing close behind, but out of reach as she eventually comes to find... Another candle?

Alex

Alex is... Completely oblivious to anything changing around him, but is none the less pretty certain he should keep moving..! Perhaps not fast, or silent enough, though... As something suddenly seems to grab his arm from behind..!

(Athletics or acrobatics, please...)

Bjorn

"Yeah I figured that there was a secret passage, I just thought the vent was maybe more straight forward than hunting for one. I'm actually on my way back there to hunt it out, I only left because some clank things were coming. I don't mind if you watch and observe. I promise I'll leave the vent alone this time!"

The man shrugs, agreeing as he follows... Although pausing as Bjorn moves to enter the vent.

"Yeah, I'm not following you in there, sorry. Too cramped. I'll wait here, though."

With that, Bjorn enters the vents again, as they this time around appear safe... But try as he might to search within there, he can't find any secret passages..! What he does hear, though, is commotion back from the way he came...

"...Erm- Excuse me, I don't think you should be. Wait. What the fuck? What the fuck?! GAH! STAY AWAY!"

Izzy

Izzy, very briefly thinks about doing something to stop the events unfolding... But by the time she realizes she probably should, it's already too late- Same thing for Jeremy, who doesn't even seem to realize what's happening until Isabella shouts out.

"Hey, Betty Bitch- Missed me?!"

There's just a very brief instance of shock, and perhaps recognition on the girls face... Right before it gets caved in by Isabella's punch, that is.

At least... That's what one would expect. The actual effect seem... Not nearly as dramatic as one would expect. It almost looked like Isabella had punched a rock or something like that- Her head moved to the side with the force of the punch, cheek puffed up where now Isabella's fist was collided with her face... Where it then rested- Not moving a single inch, as if the girl wasn't even shaken by the punch. And, after what must be one or two seconds of pause, it seems like the girl that was just punched finally seems to realize this fact. Eyes now glaring at Isabella, and a hand reaching behind her back for the bat that's there. Izzy can notice some nearby guys rushing over as well, as the girl in question almost seems to hiss, her voice remarkably calm, although tinged with some kind of venom.

"Isabella. I. am. Going. To. Kill. You."

Koa, Irene, Bruce

Well, I'm glad I found you first Bruce. Wouldn't want you to go at this alone.

Pardon me, but the moment you threatened me you involved this outsider. Tops is quite happy with Bruce, and you're not separating them while I am here.

Why don't you leave the happy pair alone?


Irene's words however, barely seem to have an effect on any of the strangers. If anything, one could swear the duo behind them is almost chuckling at this innocent display of charm - While the pair that came through the front door seems more stoic. Speaking about the two at front...

"Sons of Aether? What're you trying to steal this guy's pokemon for?"

To this, the hooded girl seems to raise her head slightly- Although not enough to get a proper look at her. "How do you-"

"Yes." the apparent leader interrupts, briefly looking in her direction. "How DOES he know?"

"We'll deal with that later. For now, if you wish to address anyone... Address ME."


Sons of who? These guys are the Red Hand. Serious bad news. I should have known they would be coming after me eventually. I agree with them, though. You really should leave.

"You should listen. He's obviously more informed than you might be. And I think you're also smart enough to take three steps back, Bruce, before I start thinking you're stupid enough to try something as escape."

"I'm guessing by ultra beast, you mean my strange little demon? Honestly, I don't think you know what you're asking. You might have seen him before. He looks cute. Happy. But there is a reason I call him a demon. He has a dark side. Powerful enough to rip you all apart without breaking a sweat. Your Machamp and your girl's staff won't help at all. Let's be smart about this. We can all go, sit down, enjoy some pizza, and we can all keep our heads. Sound good?"

The man and girl he's talking to don't seem particularly impressed, or at least are good at hiding it... The pair behind them though, seems perhaps a bit more shaken... Their guns seeming to drop a bit, although not completely lowered.

"Very interesting. I suppose it's a good thing we'll recruit him to our side, then. Hand it over."
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 15690
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed May 23, 2018 7:23 am

Haley snuffs out the candle and pockets it quickly, ready to throw sleep powder on it when it comes charging.

Post Reply