Re: Goblin Serial Killer 2 - The next level

Post by gamecreator » Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:11 am

Told. You. So.

Alright, back to analyzing this kill.

Davecom3
Chronically Blathering

Post by Davecom3 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:40 am

Actually, I think our killer said DoubleFried was killed by a paper cut. And he got odd's name wrong this time. Odd is theonewhoisodd not theonethatisodd.

Related words I've found this time through: DUCKY, BODY ARMOR, ZOMBIE, RED HERRING, SYNCH, GHOST, BLOODY, POINTY STICK, LYNCH, HENCH?, SERIAL KILLER, GIFT BOX, JIBJIB, DAVECOMTHREE, MYSTERIOUS, TATA?, CLUE MOVIE, CLUE STAR, CHUCKDARIGHTEOUS, DLOVER, WONDER, DECOY, TROWEL, KILLED BY PAPERCUT, GAMECREATOR, THE ONE THAT IS ODD, PATDRAGON, KELTEN, VICTIM DOUBLEFRIED, CITIZEN, FLEE?, BAIL?, (S)CRY MURDER, BADGEADDICT

There are plenty of little words mixed in as well, but none seemed related.

Odd doesn't seem like he could be guilty as he couldn't have sent a PM yesterday with his absence from the forum.
Last edited by Davecom3 on Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:03 am

Eh, I'm not going to pick up on anything the killer doesn't tell me is there.

Also, the killer mentioned potential size issues and sent me another copy that may work better if anybody can't read the latest kill;
► Show Spoiler
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:46 am

Davecom3 wrote:Related words I've found this time through: DUCKY, BODY ARMOR, ZOMBIE, RED HERRING, SYNCH, GHOST, BLOODY, POINTY STICK, LYNCH, HENCH?, SERIAL KILLER, GIFT BOX, JIBJIB, DAVECOMTHREE, MYSTERIOUS, TATA?, CLUE MOVIE, CLUE STAR, CHUCKDARIGHTEOUS, DLOVER, WONDER, DECOY, TROWEL, KILLED BY PAPERCUT, GAMECREATOR, THE ONE THAT IS ODD, PATDRAGON, KELTEN, VICTIM DOUBLEFRIED, CITIZEN, FLEE?, BAIL?, (S)CRY MURDER, BADGEADDICT
I also found mysterious and wonder. Though I haven't had time to check it, my new theory is that names may intersect appropriate clues. For example Davecomthree intersects citizen. That could indicate davecomethree is a citizen.

Edit: applying my theory to the first clue this is what I came up with:

Kelton ÔÇô victim dummy kill
Pad Dragon ÔÇô stall, breed
ChuckDaRighteous ÔÇô breed, murder, red herring, mysterious, citizen
Davecomthree - decoy
Unattached ÔÇô laughter, clue goblin, crushed, killer, trowel, giftbox

So translated: Kelton sent a victim dummy kill (possibly the killer), Davecomthree is a decoy, and I am a mysterious red herring murder who is actually a citizen?
Righteous OneVengeful One in Goblin Adventurer's League
Righteous Charger in Capture the flag
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:16 am

Hmmm... also last round Kelton intersected doublefried (who was the victim). This round Kelton intersects patdragon. Is he calling out his kills

1- Kelton (Chuck)
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

gamecreator
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by gamecreator » Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:28 am

Soo, words.
Interestingly enough, Dlover's name is in this one. And Odd's name is distorted (presumably to fit into the grid), which might indicate, that killer has little control over how words intersect.
This time killer gives us clues "movie" and "star". I don't know if they are supposed to go together ("movie star") or what "star" could refer to. On the other side, "movie" reminds me of the Movie Screenshot game. Relevant people are: Synch, Patdragon, Davecom, Chuck. Everyone except Davecom was playing D'jinn Keeper.
Now on Serial Killer specific words:
"pointy stick" - I remember Dlover getting one from a box (and he was the killer), but I didn't find anything relevant;
"killed by paper cut" - I definitely remember it at some point, but can't find;
"body armor" - I have a feeling there was a mention recently somewhere.
Also there is weird naming of images. First one was Word_Search_Killer_A and this one is Word_Search_Killer_D.

The most obvious conclusion is that the killer is Synch, Pat or Chuck. I'm still thinking it's Badge, seeing as he was jumping to conclusion without even looking for more words last turn.

Davecom3
Chronically Blathering

Post by Davecom3 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:35 am

Could definitely be spelling out the part of his name he left out when he signed up. Otherwise, one would expect A, B, C, D or 1, 2, 3, 4. And, Chuck, your theory wouldn't hold water because, if you're accusing Kelten and think what roles cross which person's name matters, then you're accusing two people of being the killer, as Odd's distorted name crosses SERIAL KILLER. If STAR means something, it could quite easily refer to the GAL's Clan of the Star, which would be related to Chuck, Synch, Pat, and Badge.

1- Davecom3 (Badge)
1- Kelten (Chuck)
1-BadgeAddict (Davecom3)

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:00 am

Pointy stick could also refer to the weapon used by a few people in the GAL quests....Synch being one of them. (or chuck)

Davecom3
Chronically Blathering

Post by Davecom3 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:03 am

Seems more likely to point at something normally found in this game as is body armor. And it's not marked as a clue, unless you want to imply citizen and ducky are also clues.

Kelten
Converses Frequently
UStream Username: Kelten

Post by Kelten » Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:54 am

Im not getting these kills, they are full of red-herrings and it seems to be random words and our names all mashed together with random letters. And you cant even tell whats meant to be there and what is randomly occurring. Im voting for lynching Dlover, based on the killers use of game terms, and the word host appearing in the first kill

1- Davecom3 (Badge)
1- Kelten (Chuck)
1-BadgeAddict (Davecom3)
1 - Dlover (kelten)
Click here if you want to beat me up!

Davecom3
Chronically Blathering

Post by Davecom3 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:56 am

Turned out I overlooked the G as it seems it was ghost.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:03 am

However, shouldn't we be looking for something that is a "clue" in both the first and second puzzle...something/someone that is pointed at by both of them.

gamecreator

Post by gamecreator » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:19 am

Davecom3 wrote:Turned out I overlooked the G as it seems it was ghost.
Can be both. In both kills.

Edit: forgot about color.
Last edited by gamecreator on Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Davecom3
Chronically Blathering

Post by Davecom3 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:34 am

True, but voting for our host for a word most likely hidden as GHOST rather than HOST due to G preceding both words doesn't strike me as strong evidence to support the thought.

And, Badge, our Killer put enough pointers at stalling and misleading into those puzzles that I doubt the hints are hidden inside them while the name of the puzzles could very well be our clues.

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:39 pm

Well I still think our main clues are DJINN, and MOVIE STAR.

Also, I don't know if this is clutching at straws, but Pat and Badge both wear body armor in the Stargate games.

1- Davecom3 (Badge)
1- Kelten (Chuck)
2 - BadgeAddict (Davecom3, Synch)
1 - Dlover (kelten)
► Show Spoiler

Kelten
Converses Frequently

Post by Kelten » Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:20 pm

Synch wrote:Well I still think our main clues are DJINN, and MOVIE STAR.

Also, I don't know if this is clutching at straws, but Pat and Badge both wear body armor in the Stargate games.
Seeing as ChuckDaRighteous first made me think of chuck Norris, and one of his characters is djimn born, im swiching my vote

1- Davecom3 (Badge)
1- Kelten (Chuck)
2 - BadgeAddict (Davecom3, Synch)
1 - ChuckDaRighteous (kelten)

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:28 pm

Davecom3 wrote:Chuck, your theory wouldn't hold water because, if you're accusing Kelten and think what roles cross which person's name matters, then you're accusing two people of being the killer
Two people cross the victim, but only 1 crosses Kelten's. There are plenty of names that intersect, but only 1 with the killer if my theory is correct.
Kelten wrote:Seeing as ChuckDaRighteous first made me think of chuck Norris, and one of his characters is djimn born, im swiching my vote
I swear everytime I vote for someone they get vindictive. :stab:
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

Kelten
Converses Frequently

Post by Kelten » Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:34 pm

to be fair i already started suspecting you the first round, so tecnically you would be the one being vindictive ;)

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:06 pm

I haven't had time to look deep into puzzles myself but I've finally skimmed through and like games theories but I do feel there is something else to this puzzle other than the clues. As such i will have one more look after I finish work and will add my vote then.
► Show Spoiler
Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:44 am

Well, you really are turning on each other quite viciously. Votes flying in all directions, hardly able to have two people agree. Speaking of which, two people did agree on something - That Badge is the next lynchee.
Victim Dave.
1. Odd
2. Synch
3. gamecreator Lynched by a small mob.
4. Patdragon
5. Davecom3 Killed by a killer-y killer.
6. BadgeAddict Lynched by a rather disorganised mob.
7. DoubleFried Had a mind meltdown while trying to solve a crossword.
8. Jib
9. kelten
10. Chuck
Last edited by Dlover on Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Jibjib
Game Master

Post by Jibjib » Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:14 am

Gah, I haven't been keeping up with this...

From scanning these clues briefly, I'd say...

Synch...1...(Jib)
Psychosis is such an ugly word... I prefer Internalised Reality Warping.

"Theis, you can't touch my boobies, at least buy me dinner first!" ~Asks, 09/08/2014

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:23 am

Damn just missed it, that went a little before 24 hours there Dlover....
Ok lets reassess the new grid.
► Show Spoiler
Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem

gamecreator

Post by gamecreator » Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:36 am

And now we have ADR from all file names. Also words and names in the kill are shortened. There are "hint shorten five" and "clue thoughts", and another "clue" without anything.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:43 am

Did I? My clock said it was about half an hour past due. Oh, and I forgot, that round made three that neither Odd nor Jib posted. Which means death. I know you've posted now, Jib, but I was meant to kill you in the update. Sorry 'bout that. Time to fix the player list.
My game:

My characters:

gamecreator

Post by gamecreator » Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:55 am

Well... technically it would be only two rounds. Not complaining though, you are right as always.