Goblin Serial Killer - Signups open!

Home to all current Forum Games.
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Re: Goblin Serial Killer 2 - The next level

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:05 am

► Show Spoiler
1. C, E, E are the only letters used by 2 names. The only player that uses these exact three letters is gamecreator

1. Odd
2. Synch
3. gamecreator
4. Patdragon
5. Davecom3
6. BadgeAddict
7. DoubleFried
8. Jib
9. kelten
10. Chuck

1 gamecreator (Badge, )

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:17 am

Badge, just pointing out that everyone's full name is there. There's JIBJIB, DAVECOMTHREE and THEONEWHOISODD. Your heory is still sound though, as Davecom3 intercepts with Odd's name at the letter O, also found in gamecreator.

I've been finding some other words too. From left to right GOBLIN CRUSHED GIFTBOX KILLER TROWEL LAUGHTER VICTIMDUMMYKILL and MYSTERIOUS down the bottom. Can't find SERIAL though.

Also found STALL and BREED, not sure if they're intended though.

Gamecreator has also been crushed by the trowel.

1 - Gamecreator (Badge, Synch)
► Show Spoiler

Davecom3
Chronically Blathering

Post by Davecom3 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:01 am

Let's see.

Reading Vertically: Clue Goblin, Crushed, Gift Box, Patdragon, Fed?, Killer, Trowel, Chuck Da Righteous, Host, Theonewhoisodd, Decoy, DoubleFried, No clue, Clued, Bed Slaughter, Victim Dummy Kill, BadgeAddict FYI.

Reading Horizontally: Gamecreator, Synch, Tushed Rub? Bib? Kelten, Stall, Hog, Breed, Has, Rod, Eel, Tat, Tepid, Gel Boo, Boo, Doo, Murder, Mysterious

Reading /: Gel, Gut, Lab, The, Roc, Gut, Led, Red Herring, Citizen, Jibjib, Huh, Davecomthree, Dye, Bull, Maul, Bog, Doo, Coo

Reading \: Ducky, Home, Dit, Thy, Dig Lea, Logo, Gee, Lee, The, Add, Chin, Tee,

Shoot, Paste didn't copy it all, but with the plentitude of words like Stall, No Clue, Red Herring, and Decoy, I'd suggest that perhaps our killer has hidden his kill clues in some other way entirely. Anybody want to apply Google Goggles to the thread or have some other idea how our killer might have hidden his clues? It also may be notable that there is one name not found in the diagram, Dlover.

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:32 am

Synch wrote:Badge, just pointing out that everyone's full name is there. There's JIBJIB, DAVECOMTHREE and THEONEWHOISODD. Your heory is still sound though, as Davecom3 intercepts with Odd's name at the letter O, also found in gamecreator.
Don't forget chuckDARIGHTEOUS which when added to the mix adds and intersected T which still fits the theory

3 - Gamecreator (Badge, Synch, Chuck)

Edit: just realized those letters also fit in daveCOmThrEE if you use extended names.
Righteous OneVengeful One in Goblin Adventurer's League
Righteous Charger in Capture the flag
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

gamecreator
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by gamecreator » Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:25 am

Here is what I found.
There is a notable word "djinn", right after the word "clue". The first thing that comes to mind is the game named D'jinn Keeper. People, who played it and this round, are:
1. Synch - nothing notable on the chart
2. gamecreator - appears in the biggest cluster along with Chuck, Pat and pretty much every other non-name
3. Patdragon - the same, also appears in the sub-cluster of vertical words along with "gift box", "crushed", "trowel", "killer" and the word "stall" across them all
4. BadgeAddict - nothing notable except possible "FYI"
5. ChuckDaRighteous - also intersects with "red herring", "murder" and "mysterious"
I didn't include the word "breed" because I have not found it important. It has no connection to this game and doesn't show anything interesting in the search through D'jinn Keeper game thread.
Now about all that "crushed" thing. That round Badge was one of the killers and killed Patdragon on the turn of trowel activation.
There is also "clue goblin". I believe that would be a reference to a game character.

I can go on and on about this: "trowel" intersects with "red herring"; Davecom intersects with "murder", but not with "red herring"; go through people who weren't playing D'jinn Keeper etc etc...
But I won't. I made up my mind, the killer is Badge. He was playing in D'jinn Keeper, killed Pat when trowel killed everyone else, is playing GAL and made up that weird theory about letters in names.

3 - gamecreator (Badge, Synch, Chuck)
1 - Badge (gamecreator)

P.S.: I'm not going to tell you any clues after this round is over.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:31 am

I find the moment, when you catch the piggy and it begins to squeal and bellow...the most exciting part....

gamecreator

Post by gamecreator » Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:33 am

So you decided to deny me excitement? Good try, it did not work.

Kelten
Converses Frequently
UStream Username: Kelten

Post by Kelten » Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:38 am

CEEOT all fit in gamECrEaTOr
for now:
4 - Gamecreator (Badge, Synch, Chuck, kelten)
1 - Badge (gamecreator)
Click here if you want to beat me up!

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:39 am

Oh no, i am talking about you.

For a person who typically keeps to themselves and posts clues that are 1 maybe 2 sentences...this is the most eye-opening, longwinded "clue" that you've ever come up with.

I find your current tactics to be an attempt at misdirection when you find yourself in the cross-hairs. Similar to how Jib acted.

Kelten
Converses Frequently

Post by Kelten » Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:47 am

gamecreator wrote:P.S.: I'm not going to tell you any clues after this round is over.
...did you just admit being the killer?

Davecom3
Chronically Blathering

Post by Davecom3 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:51 am

So, out of curiousity, gamecreator, why did you find "bed" so interesting? You would not have marked it along with several other words you didn't mark unless you found it worthwhile. And you didn't find Citizen or Ducky worth crossing out when they are roles in the game?

gamecreator

Post by gamecreator » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:00 am

BadgeAddict wrote:For a person who typically keeps to themselves and posts clues that are 1 maybe 2 sentences...this is the most eye-opening, longwinded "clue" that you've ever come up with.
That's because I've finally found a puzzle and not some word search quest or a bunch of unknown references from threads I don't read or don't even remember. And the part of the kill leading to clues is quite obvious (find words in the grid).
Kelten wrote:...did you just admit being the killer?
If I was civilian, would I be able to post someone else's clues?
Davecom3 wrote:So, out of curiousity, gamecreator, why did you find "bed" so interesting? You would not have marked it along with several other words you didn't mark unless you found it worthwhile.
Nothing in particular. Maybe I was biased after reading your post. While just "slaughter" doesn't say much, "bed slaughter" on the other hand sounds like some important clue (based on all weird stuff people use for clues).

Oh well, maybe people will be less ignorant next turn. It's not like being a ghost would hinder me from analyzing the next kill for you.

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:04 pm

I think it's one of 4 people.

Gamecreator, Jib and Doublefried were all crushed. All the interesting letters feature in Davecomthree or Gamecreator's name. That's my 4 suspects.
► Show Spoiler

Davecom3
Chronically Blathering

Post by Davecom3 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:50 pm

I still think people need to check for alternate clues, which I can't do with my PS3. Don't have a Playstation Eye and have never had an ihterest in doing a picture kill, really think I never will. And I'm well aware that people are much more lenient with character numbers in picture kills, which Dlover has admitted that our killer was not. We'll soon know if Odd is even a possibility as he hasn't been on since Sunday, but I'm relatively sure it's a newer killer than myself unless it's Dlover himself, which seems like it could become more likely if the killer continues to hide the victim tag..

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:11 pm

I don't think there's anything more hidden. We've been given the CLUE DJINN, of which 5 people have played (including me), the word CRUSHED is there, and of the 5 Djinn Keeper players only gamecreator was crushed. Also, all the intersecting letters with people's names are found in his name. Def not changing my vote, but I'm going to be slightly more confused if gamecreator isn't the killer. Then I'd have to open it up to all Djinn players, or else look at Jib and DoubleFried who were crushed.
► Show Spoiler

gamecreator

Post by gamecreator » Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:28 pm

You can start thinking already, this is not the last turn.

Davecom3
Chronically Blathering

Post by Davecom3 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:45 pm

There are enough words in that kill that basically call mislead that I'm not so sure the real clues are hidden within the puzzle. We've had people hide things in Google Goggles before, and it seems nobody has looked into my suggestion to check. Also, is this picture one that can be followed back to an url? Is there anything there that indicates our killer if so?

Kelten
Converses Frequently

Post by Kelten » Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:17 pm

Davecom3 wrote:There are enough words in that kill that basically call mislead that I'm not so sure the real clues are hidden within the puzzle. We've had people hide things in Google Goggles before, and it seems nobody has looked into my suggestion to check. Also, is this picture one that can be followed back to an url? Is there anything there that indicates our killer if so?
I did check it out... only interesting thing i found was that the uploaded file was named Word_Search_Killer_A, and the killer used http://postimage.org/ to upload it.

Kelten
Converses Frequently

Post by Kelten » Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:24 pm

hmm... that may actually be a lead... NewOneAround is one of the few people who uses that site, mainly in Kobold Mine... And ChuckDaRighteous is the only-one here that plays Kobold Mine.
...and he is playing a D'jinn-born orc in Kobold Mine, and we do have the word djinn in there as well

gamecreator

Post by gamecreator » Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:04 pm

Wow, I use PostImage too. Not that anyone here would know this.

Kelten
Converses Frequently

Post by Kelten » Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:07 pm

gamecreator wrote:Wow, I use PostImage too. Not that anyone here would know this.
in the forem?
in that case my search is faulty

gamecreator

Post by gamecreator » Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:09 pm

No, I don't think I have ever used it here. But in general I do.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:33 am

Poor GC, who put a valiant effort to solving the killer's puzzle, and his hard work was rewarded with no gratitude, only with a violent death.
Victim - Doublefried
1. Odd
2. Synch
3. gamecreator Lynched by a small mob.
4. Patdragon
5. Davecom3
6. BadgeAddict
7. DoubleFried Had a mind meltdown while trying to solve a crossword.
8. Jib
9. kelten
10. Chuck
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:51 am

1 Davecom3 (Badge, )

(I will start to sob over GC's body)
GC, I am sorry...for assuming that you were the killer....perhaps if you weren't such an overly hostile person.....

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:09 am

BadgeAddict wrote:1 Davecom3 (Badge, )

(I will start to sob over GC's body)
GC, I am sorry...for assuming that you were the killer....perhaps if you weren't such an overly hostile person.....
To be fair, all of you are savages, and the moment anybody says anything after somebody has raised suspicion about them - no matter what the cause of that suspicion is, even if there's no reason - then it's just declared as the frantic scramblings of a killer.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)