Home to all current Forum Games.
Jibjib
Game Master

Stargate 1895 - Mission 1

Post by Jibjib » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:50 am

Stargate 1985

Mission 1: Search and Rescue
Explorers,

Your mission here is to travel through the quoit to the place Lord Conway and his daughter were taken, and bring them back alive at all costs. As you may know, the Conway family is very close to members of the Royal Family, so these orders come from the highest possible authority. You are authorised to use deadly force against any captors who offer resistance. As a secondary concern, you should be on the lookout for any technology portable enough to bring back and study.

Good luck,

Mycroft
Explorer Team Kensington:

Last edited by Jibjib on Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:26 am, edited 3 times in total.
Psychosis is such an ugly word... I prefer Internalised Reality Warping.

"Theis, you can't touch my boobies, at least buy me dinner first!" ~Asks, 09/08/2014

Jibjib
Game Master

Re: Stargate 1895 - Mission 1

Post by Jibjib » Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:03 am

Turn 0]

As you step through the shimmering pool at the centre of the quoit you feel an odd sensation of weightlessness then a great rushing as if you are being hurtled forward at tremendous speed. Emerging on the other side, you find that you are no longer in the library of Lord ConwayÔÇÖs Yorkshire residence, but rather in the centre of a great desert, with, impossibly, two moons adorning what looks to be an early evening sky. Down the steps in front of you is a squat building clad in a dull metal, surrounded by some vegetation. A square, dark entrance is flanked on either side by two chairs, in each of which sits an armour clad figure with many tubes affixing to the joints between plates. At your arrival, these begin to pop off with a hiss of blue tinged steam and the two Cobra-headed figures turn towards you, brandishing unwieldy staves.

"Theis, you can't touch my boobies, at least buy me dinner first!" ~Asks, 09/08/2014

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:33 am

damn a fight right out of the gate (no pun intended), no chance for me to stealth. Stone will run up, behind the building out of LoS of the jaffa.

Also which one am I?
Righteous OneVengeful One in Goblin Adventurer's League
Righteous Charger in Capture the flag
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:12 am

It was an honor to be selected for the team to rescue the Conways, but he'd be damned if he let it show to those around him at the moment. Today was the job and until it was complete he was going to be completely professional about it. Stepping through that portal was definitely not what he expected and he felt this was only going to be the beginning of the unexpected and as he daddy used to say you cannot prepare for the unexpected, you can only prepare to be surprised. As such his armour and weapon were ready when he stepped through. Seeing the snake headed men but having read of the first incident, this was at least expected even if a little of the bat.
Jumping down into the cover of ledge from the steps, he is set up to aim his weapon up this turn and fire if they attack.
► Show Spoiler
Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem

Nolandking
Converses Frequently

Post by Nolandking » Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:53 am

Corrado move to the ledge with a mixture of light frighten see such beings but also fascinating at the same time.

"Remarkable" utter Corrade as he examine the being as he moves to cover.
Haven't played this signature game in a long while but I'll try it out again.

Help these poor little guys hatch.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:24 am

The professor ducks around the side of the vertical pool (if the gate is still open, if not then hops down behind the quoit platform), and unslings his trusty rifle, bringing it to the ready with familiar ease. Sighting at the cobra guard on the left, he squeezes off a shot, aiming for the torso.

Shooting: 8
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Jibjib
Game Master

Post by Jibjib » Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:06 pm

(In order, top to bottom, then left to right, it's Wellford, then de Benevollis, Miller and Stone)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:27 pm

In that case, since he's already down the steps, I'll have him retreat around the edge of the quoit platform rather than running back up the steps again.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Jibjib
Game Master

Post by Jibjib » Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:20 am

Turn 1

The two Cobra-headed guards grip their staves, which crackle with electricity and spew forth two bright orbs of orange light, both of which crash into the dais on which the quoit rests, leaving wide scorch marks. Miller and Wellford both open fire in retaliation; Wellford misses his mark, but MillerÔÇÖs shot catches the one closer to the door square in the breastplate, wounding it. Corrado and Stone run for cover away from the crossfire, sheltering behind the low walls of the building.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:31 am

Cursing under his breath, Wellford slides the bolt back and chambers another round, taking aim at the cobra soldier that had eluded him previously.

Shooting: 8
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:13 am

Stone will peek around the corner trying to observe the tactics employed by these cobra men.

perception: 7 (6 + 1 spectacles)
► Show Spoiler
included because not all the stats in the original post are correct
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:48 am

"keep to cover lads"
Keeping cover milller takes another shot. Then ducks and circles around the base of the stargate (to the bottom of the map) to try and get a supprise shot off from the side next turn.
► Show Spoiler
- Karn, Silver golem

Nolandking
Converses Frequently

Post by Nolandking » Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:58 pm

Corrade take out his pistol and move from cover to tries to take shot at one of the cobramen.

Shooting: Shooting: 5

Jibjib
Game Master

Post by Jibjib » Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:12 am

Turn 2

Both parties fire upon each other, with only Miller scoring another hit, but it is absorbed by the guard's armour.

Stone spends some time studying the enemies to try and find some weak spot; he discerns only that the 'vents' leading from the armour are leaking a blue fluid at a steady rate. He also notices that they both move with an awkward creaking gait, quite unnatural to the human form.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:28 am

Well dammit. Normally the professor had no problem hitting his target, but he was only ever sighted in on an animal specimen he wished to collect for study. He'd never been in combat, and shooting a man that is shooting back is an entirely different matter. The takes a deep breath while crouched behind the platform, chambers a new round and swings his rifle around to shoot at the nearer guard... trying to picture that the man before him is in fact the cobra he is portraying. Perhaps if he pictures them as specimens to collect, his nerves will settle enough to allow him to connect.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:11 am

"Dang a glance"
Noticing the odd movements he merely shrugs it off as ill fitting armour for now.
Circling a little more to close the range, Miller shouts
"focus fire on the closest "
Making a pop shot for the weakest points if possible and keeps using what cover is available.
► Show Spoiler
- Karn, Silver golem

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:23 am

► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:35 am

"Aim for the vents, they seem to be a weak spot."

Stone will continue to study the opponents looking for something he can exploit.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:40 am

"Aim for the vents?! I haven't even managed to hit the blasted thing yet!", Wellford growls in disgust.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Nolandking
Converses Frequently

Post by Nolandking » Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:19 am

Hearing Stone yell to "aim for the vents" Corrade tries to shoot there.

Shooting: Shooting: 5
► Show Spoiler

Jibjib
Game Master

Post by Jibjib » Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:26 pm

Turn 3

Miller's call to focus fire on one target is successful; both he and Wellford score a direct hit on the topmost guard's chest, knocking him backwards and killing him. De Benevollis fires on the surviving guard on instinct, but misses regardless as he ducks a shot from his staff. Stone spends some more time searching for weak spots in their armour, but feels that he has learned all he can at this distance.
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:48 pm

Feeling vindicated, and that perhaps his visualization technique helped, Wellford slides the bolt back and chambers another bullet, taking aim and shooting at the remaining snake.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:05 pm

While he doesn't think he can learn much more, Stone will continue to study the guard, since without a weapon he can't do much else in this particular situation. He will continue to call out any useful information to his comrades.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:46 pm

"Keep it up lads"

These snake things seems about as competent as a new recruit, perhaps they were, quickly putting that thought out of head Miller keeps position and takes aim once more on the remaining target.
► Show Spoiler
- Karn, Silver golem

Nolandking
Converses Frequently

Post by Nolandking » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:30 am

Corrade continue shooting at the remain snakehead.