Stargate 1895 - Mission 1

Home to all current Forum Games.
Jibjib
Game Master

Re: Stargate 1895 - Mission 1

Post by Jibjib » Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:13 am

Turn 4

While Stone watches on, De Benevollis, Wellford and Miller crack off another shot each, the former of which misses, but the latter two hit the Snake-headed warrior in the arm and neck respectively; he falls to the ground, seemingly unconscious.
Psychosis is such an ugly word... I prefer Internalised Reality Warping.

"Theis, you can't touch my boobies, at least buy me dinner first!" ~Asks, 09/08/2014

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:07 am

With the enemies subdued, Stone will come out of hiding and claim one of the weapons. He will also pull out his note book and diagram their armor. He'll also inspect the chairs, noting where the tubes would plug in and looking for any access panels that would indicate any inner workings, and any engravings or markings that would indicate a foreign language or such. All will be noted and written in his notebook. (might be a bit much for one turn but I figured I'd throw it all out there and what doesn't get done this turn can be done in subsequent turns)
Righteous OneVengeful One in Goblin Adventurer's League
Righteous Charger in Capture the flag
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:26 am

With the current enemies downed, Miller does a quick scout to make sure nobody else is in the surrounding outside area.
► Show Spoiler
Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:23 am

Wellford kicks the weapon away from the second guard, checking its vitals, and attempting to figure out how to remove the helmet and armor.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Nolandking
Converses Frequently

Post by Nolandking » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:06 pm

Corrade put away his pistol and begins studying the chairs these two guards were sitting in.
Haven't played this signature game in a long while but I'll try it out again.

Help these poor little guys hatch.

Jibjib
Game Master

Post by Jibjib » Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:06 am

Turn 5

The explorers approach the still forms of the two guards.

Miller secures the perimeter; he cannot see anything else living outside of the buildings aside from the blue ferns which cluster round each side.

Wellford examines the second guard, finding a catch around the neck of the armour, which pops with a burst of blue vapour. When it clears, to the team's horror, there is a man inside, but he has clearly been dead for an extremely long time, as his flesh is dessicated and taught over his skull. On his forehead is a tattoo of a curving glyph.

Stone picks up the staff of the first guard, but finds it dead in his hands; whatever power was keeping the soldiers walking was evidently allowing the staff to create the destructive orbs of light. However, when he examines the guard's armour, he finds two metal spheres inset into his 'belt'. Each is chased with lines separating it into equal sections, with two hollows at 90 degrees to each other, each of which has a button at the bottom.

De Benevollis examines the chairs the guards were sitting in. The tubes that were attached to the vents in the armor lead back into the back rest, which itself joins onto pipes which lead into the interior of the building.

"Theis, you can't touch my boobies, at least buy me dinner first!" ~Asks, 09/08/2014

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:51 am

Wellford gives the armor a cursory examination, attempting to determine its value, either as armor for himself or the party, or for something to return to Earth for study.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:59 am

Even if it doesn't work I'll still take the staff. Since bringing it back might have some research value

Stone will loot the spheres (grenades? Only spherical things I remember from the show was those stun grenades and communications device and he would have 2 communicators). He will diagram them in his notebook. He will also diagram the armor, and make a note of the symbol on the guard's forhead. If there is still time he will move on to the chair (probably too much for one turn again, but I figured I'd throw it all out there)
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:10 pm

surrounding area looking clear. miller moves onto check out the door(?) between the chairs. If it looks like there is a window/keyhole he attempts to gather information on whats inside.
► Show Spoiler
- Karn, Silver golem

Nolandking
Converses Frequently

Post by Nolandking » Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:58 am

After examining the chair Corrade check on the curving glyph on one of the body and try to see if his studies in Ethnolinguistics can tell him what this glyph means.

Education: 6 (+2 Clergy bonus, +4 Ethnolinguistics Study) + (+1 Trained) + (+1 Spectacles) =14

Jibjib
Game Master

Post by Jibjib » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:41 pm

Turn 6

De Benevollis examines the glyph on the Cobra Guard's forehead. Through his extensive knowledge of ancient languages, he is able to recognise several parts of the glyph that are similar to Egyptian heiroglyphs, and translates it, roughly, as the name of Kebehut, a daughter of the God Anubis.

Stone pockets the two metal orbs, and also hefts the heavy staff onto one shoulder. He also spends a little time assisting Wellford in studying the guard's armour's suitability for taking with them. It is extremely heavy, but would offer decent protection against missile and melee attacks*.

Miller looks down the sloped sandstone floor of the tunnel into the building, seeing the corridor flanked on either side by doors and a door ahead. Beside each door is a golden orb which has a hand-shaped indent in the center.
► Show Spoiler

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:22 pm

Stone will look around for some place where he could climb the building to look for an alternative way in or means of scouting what's inside.

agility: 9 (8 +1 shoes)
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:22 am

The armor looking too heavy for him to wear and still be able to move, Wellford leaves it for now. If they wish to take it back through the portal with them, the likely can grab it on their way back out. He takes advantage of the downtime to top off his Krag, dropping a few shells into the magazine box. He'll join Miller and attempt to determine if he can tell anything more about the golden orbs.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:10 am

Miller motions for Corrade to come and look at the hand print things for a second opinion, his guess it to place a hand on it to open, but Is suspicious of this alien tech so far, perhaps it is something more. If Corrade doesn't inspect it, he reaches out tentatively to the eastern door panel and touches it.
► Show Spoiler
- Karn, Silver golem

Nolandking
Converses Frequently

Post by Nolandking » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:44 am

Corrade walks over to were Miller is to examine the golden orb which has a hand-shaped indent in the center.

Education: 6 (+2 Clergy bonus) + (+1 Trained) + (+1 Spectacles)= 10

Jibjib
Game Master

Post by Jibjib » Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:56 pm

Turn 7

Miller, de Benevollis and Wellford enter into the tunnel, and the clergyman examines the strange device, deeming it safe for Miller to touch. The soldier gingerly presses his hand into the indent, and the doors slide open revealing a chamber dimly lit by long racks of glowing crystals. Wires run in between each of the layers and into the floor below, where the gaps between the flagstones glow with power.

Stone takes a running jump and vaults on top of the building. He sees that the complex is depressed into the ground a little way back as the sand rises behind it.

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:13 pm

Stone will look for an alternative means of entry or view from the roof (a window/skylight/death-glider-flight-bay-door/etc).

If he finds an alternative entrance, he will make sure the coast is clear before sneaking in. Stealth: 11 (10 +1 shoes)

If he finds an alternative viewpoint, he will scout ahead for the others. He will in particular look for more cobra-men and the hostages. He will detail a map of the layout or anything of interest in his notebook. Perception: 7 (6 + 1 glasses)

If he finds neither he will head back down and join the others.

As I understand that second picture: The red outlined blocks are the gate and dhd, the lower black outlined grey block is the part the other 3 are in now, the middle block is a larger structure set into a sand dune and the little block is a tower or something?
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:08 pm

Seeing that his companion was able to open the other door and there was no immediate threat within, Wellford presses his palm against the other orb.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:32 pm

Miller feeling slightly more confident that the hand print orbs are in fact an elaborate lock quickly scans the room just opened. It is a little beyond him but he gets the jist it likely powers something, so maybe of tactical use later but not now. The goal was to find the kipnapees. Feeling the room opposite might have a similar set up he heads (north) down the passageway and to the back open a door if needed.
► Show Spoiler
- Karn, Silver golem

Nolandking
Converses Frequently

Post by Nolandking » Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:30 am

Corrade will peek i the room on the left to see what in there.

oc:dont know if those are doors to the sides of us