Civ 6: Hiatus until August 31

Home to all current Forum Games.
kida
Gives Speeches

Re: Civ 6: Myths And Legends: 969.04

Post by kida » Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:26 am

A) 6 (Aeigis, Alaen, SVM, Chuck, Dlover, Badge)
B) 1 (Badge)
C) 4 (Aegis, D34dlock, Chuck,kida)
D) 7 (Aegis, Alaen, D34dlock, SVM, Chuck, Dlover,kida)
E) 1 (Alaen)
F) 2 (D34dlock, Badge)
G) 3 (SVM, Dlover,kida)

SA +15AP:
Legima continues to search for process to turn water into acid.
Possible bonuses from Occupation(scientist) , skill (alchemist), and Labratory

Jibjib
Game Master

Post by Jibjib » Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:39 am

BDF
Psychosis is such an ugly word... I prefer Internalised Reality Warping.

"Theis, you can't touch my boobies, at least buy me dinner first!" ~Asks, 09/08/2014

Davecom3
Chronically Blathering

Post by Davecom3 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:47 am

ACD

madmartin26
Indulges in Conversation

Post by madmartin26 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:55 am

A, D, F

SA (+ 15 ap + 10 WS + Occupation: Ship Captain): Hearing of the battle with the chaos dwarfs, Lythrana takes the Gyrfalcon to support. If she gets there in time for the battle then she will attack with her crew, if she only gets there for the aftermath then she helps as needed (transferring the chaos treasure to her holds and taking it back or providing a crew for the chaos dwarf ship if we won, or picking up survivors if we lost).

Kelten
Converses Frequently
UStream Username: Kelten

Post by Kelten » Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:50 pm

stealing a computer for a few minutes... righting fast as hell

A, D, G

Voto will pursue, hoping for a chance to attack to occur
Click here if you want to beat me up!

NewOneAround
Likes to Contribute

Post by NewOneAround » Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:03 pm

ACE

FH: (Occupation: Monster Breeder + Skill Cleric of Zenkal + Hobby Vetenarian) +15ap
T'Arlg tries to find die biggest+strongest Gigant Spiders we have and get them to breed. Plus he tryes to get the help of Zenkal to let the Children of these spiders grow gigantic(er). He uses every spell, tinkture and ritual known to him to get them bigger.
GM for a Kobold Mine

Cutting, building and assembling inside of Castle Heterodyne [Salpicon]
Being on hold while working under the D'Jinn [Zeun]
Beeing a lost Goblin Slave (a.k.a. Mineling) in a godforsaken Hole [Complains]
Full of excitement for the rise of a new Civilisation

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:39 pm

Not feelin' terribly creative today, so going to take today off instead. I'll be streaming post-making (for all good that's worth) when I do it, though.
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Capricornian/

It's Always Something. No, don't give me that look. It's Always Something.

D34dlock
Is Heard Often

Post by D34dlock » Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:57 pm

Boosting their Numbers first might have been better to give us a backup in case of bad rolls. Guess it doesn't matter.

SA

Rooster Tries to build a better place to hatch the spiders. +15 AP & Monster rancher (Occupation) or Carpentry (Skill).
I'm still reading shifters.

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:42 pm

Alright, beginning the work for tonight's post and streaming it for anyone who's around.

EDIT: Stream's turned off briefly, will be back shortly...
Edit 2: And we're back. I think.

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:03 pm

Wow, looks like a lot of failures this month. Depressing to watch.
Righteous OneVengeful One in Goblin Adventurer's League
Righteous Charger in Capture the flag
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:13 pm

► Show Spoiler
While Rooster and T'alrg try to get the spiders under control (Rooster building some egg "boxes" that are nice and sheltered and T'alrg selecting the biggest and the 'smartest' for breeding into even bigger spiders) and fail miserably (the spiders get everywhere and T'alrg just doesn't have good luck), Croanuk tries to set up nets around the vibrating wood so food stores can be added to with the bounty of the sea. The vibrating wood seems to have a strange side effect of unraveling the ropes used to make the nets, and with other various minor distractions during the month, no bonus food is caught for now. Speaking of food, it seems like the gryphons and owlbears are getting sick of moose already, and are bucking the Skyborne just a little bit; Treeka is keeping them under control by her own intimidating presence but that won't last forever. Some of the priests in the civilization are almost sure that whatever made the dire wolverines more intelligent and using pack tactics may have spread to the gryphons and owlbears.

The dire wolverines, meanwhile, shift tactics again. This time they lead those sent after them on a merry chase into a landslide and ambush. Moderate injuries only; you're too strong to be hurt for long unless you blow the save AND the action roll. You only get a few pelts this time instead of many, but you've got more than enough in case any trading ships show up again. You've driven them back far enough that if they dare to show their muzzles in a "civilized area", they're going to get their asses handed to them. The Garou capture two of them and sure enough, the Wyrm taint is noticible. Not enough to mutate them into any horror or greatly evil thing (which they call a "bane"), but the effect is still there and the Garou spend much of the month trying to purge the taint from the animals. It isn't going so well; the entire ground level of the island has Wyrm taint. It would take five months to sterilize the entire island, including Gynnidarcia's part.

We move on to various liquid-based things. The oil retrieved from the crack in the ocean floor is found to be a rare pure blend the dwarves call the "Blood of The Earth". It is VERY powerful as a material component in various earth-based spells, both in moving and shaping the earth. Talk excitedly goes from the Blood of The Earth to using it to "imprison" Gynnidarcia in an "always-healing" "tomb of stone" --- by applying the regeneration of a troll (in this case Gremp) as a principle of magic to the very ground itself. Blood of The Earth is rare enough that you probably won't find another cache of it; the question is whether to try to alchemically duplicate it, use it in the prison idea, or use it to grease up some of the dwarven goodies the dwarves are starting to churn out for the ships. In other liquid news, the Spicewater Geyser is unpredictable... and because of that it can't be properly secured yet. A minor breakthrough gives Legima a working theory, finally, and from this he is able to create a small amount of AcidWater... acid that converts to water and back again at certain timed intervals. He only has a tiny amount, though. Not enough to use as a weapon.

On the open ocean, Voto presses the advantage, tracking down the chaos dwarf ship twice more. He finally picks a good spot and attacks, and the resulting battle goes poorly for the dwarves. With the piratical ogres defending their shamans while they rained down (sometimes literally) a massive storm created by their combined might, the stone tossers were able to wipe the deck clean of most of the dwarves. When their seers and minotaur allies came to help, the ogres just picked them up when they charged, using their momentum to twist their trajectory and threw them overboard rather than engage them in melee. They fight to the last man (well, dwarf) but in the end they sink like rocks and the Plunderer's Howl now has a Chaos Dwarf Ship full of loot to tow home. On the way back the Howl learns that Thessa and the Screaming Demon had to go help the Gyrfalcon back to port; they struck a reef on the way out thanks to some very strange crosswinds and would have taken a lot more damage were they not close to home. Those winds were not natural...

We then come to the Council. The council ignores Keetch's requests, being a bunch of greedy fucks. The fireproofed hides are used for their home houses and caves and such. There's the beginnings of some rifts here politically; Norgok One-Horn (the minotaur chief) is trying to push around Bozdrak Nog (the orcish warchief) into doing what he wants (specifically, fight more on the water) and the wombat that is Bozdrak Nog's familiar is being a wisecracking smartass. Laiawen wants to dig some new tunnels deeper into the depths under the Citadel and the dwarves are saying it's unsafe (but more likely they want to keep the sacrifical altars to Lloth where they can see them). Quick-With-Fists finally comes forth and says he has discovered a new kink in things, having spent some time researching in the Citadel's library. As it turns out, there is another pearl. This one is called the Diamond Pearl of Xakhara, and is the spiritual counterpart of the Admiral's soul-pearl. This counterpart pearl faded into the physical world to try and counteract the darkness of the Admiral's soul-pearl, and if it were found, perhaps it could be used to locate the Admiral's pearl.

Finally, we end with Kermutt in his little workshop on Mile High Mountain, where he's been visited by a tiny aspect of Lloth in a dream. "The Drow are my domain, half-breed. They had better take over your little pirate society... or they will regret it, and you'll regret it more!" Zenkal, true to his nickname, refuses to be moved despite Lloth calling Him a joke of a deity. As if to make some kind of a point, she "briefly" poisons the ground on Mile High Mountain and about 85% of the herbs that were found there wither and die within hours. Gynnidarcia has noticed this, and has backed off a bit, eyeing Kermutt from the skies...

WILL YOU...

A) Try and stave off Lloth's influence? It looks like She's about to do something stupid. (90+)
B) Try and smite Gynnidarcia now that you know what gods she serves? (90+)
C) Continue training the gryphons and owlbears? (80+)
D) Focus on looting the Chaos Dwarf Ship once it is towed into port (70+)
E) Research the Diamond Pearl? If it's a spiritual counterpart, the Garou might be able to find out something... (80+)
F) Focus on building resources up, mostly working the Precious Metal Mine the Dwarves have? (80+)
G) Research the Unvorpal Blade, "d12 Crystals" and dragon altar? (85+)

Chelrydian Divination (F): 94 + 3 (Technology 1) + 0 (Metallurgy 0) + 11 (Construction Bonus) - 17 (Maeterra Antitech) + 0 Action Points = 91 vs Modded 79 - 27 (35% Bonus) - 0 MP = Final Modded 52 (Base 80) (Action Succeeded) [39: +5 AP, +4 MP]

My own votes are C (better keep trying), E (because all evil has a "good counterpart...") and D (duh).

The Hazard Bar has increased by 18 (11 +7 for Actions)... (44/100)
► Show Spoiler

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:15 pm

I said this in stream chat, but I don't think you read the chat?

Socially Unpredictable should've given Keetch 2 rolls, not just one.

Kelten
Converses Frequently
UStream Username: Kelten

Post by Kelten » Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:20 pm

A) 1 ( Kelten
B)
C) 1 (aegis)
D) 2 (aegis, kelten)
E) 1 (aegis)
F)
G) 1 (kelten)
Click here if you want to beat me up!

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:31 pm

btw, when you were erasing wyvern's rage wars you accidentally erased part of two "powered by" lines.

well I was waiting for the oil for my explosives but if its super rare oil there may be better uses.
Talk excitedly goes from the Blood of The Earth to using it to "imprison" Gynnidarcia in an "always-healing" "tomb of stone" --- by applying the regeneration of a troll (in this case Gremp) as a principle of magic to the very ground itself. Blood of The Earth is rare enough that you probably won't find another cache of it; the question is whether to try to alchemically duplicate it, use it in the prison idea, or use it to grease up some of the dwarven goodies the dwarves are starting to churn out for the ships.
no options for this? well perhaps someone will spend an action

C, D, F

FH: Clart will use the vibrating wood to modify a portion of the underside of the hull of the morbid storm with a large hatch that his divers and warriors can secret themselves (and any salvage/loot) in and out of without notice from the outside world.
Last edited by ChuckDaRighteous on Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Righteous OneVengeful One in Goblin Adventurer's League
Righteous Charger in Capture the flag
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

kida
Gives Speeches

Post by kida » Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:48 pm

A) 1 ( Kelten)
B)
C) 3 (aegi,chuck, kida)
D) 4 (aegis, kelten, Chuck, kida)
E) 1 (aegis)
F) 2 (chuck, kida)
G) 1 (kelten)

D34dlock
Is Heard Often

Post by D34dlock » Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:51 pm

C,D,F

SA

Rooster lends a hand Fixing the Gyrfalcon when it gets back. Carpentry (Skill)
I'm still reading shifters.

Alaen
Converses Frequently

Post by Alaen » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:42 pm

ADF

Still trying to come up with some actions. If anyone has an idea or need some help, tell me.

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:17 am

SA: The Garou will start work on cleansing the island, starting on home ground.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:54 am

SA: Croanuk decides to switch tactics. Nets aren't the only way to catch critters. He starts work on creating cages using the special wood, designing them to be similar to lobster cages, but with grating fine enough to catch fish. With the right cutting, the wood should lock together in a way that will be stable enough to keep from shaking apart.

A) 3 ( Kelten, Dlover, Alaen)
B)
C) 4 (aegi,chuck, kida, D34d)
D) 7 (aegis, kelten, Chuck, kida, Dlover, D34d, Alaen)
E) 3 (aegis, Dlover, D34d)
F) 3 (chuck, kida, Alaen)
G) 1 (kelten)
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:21 am

A) 4 ( Kelten, Dlover, Alaen, Badge)
B)
C) 4 (aegis,chuck, kida, D34d)
D) 8 (aegis, kelten, Chuck, kida, Dlover, D34d, Alaen, Badge)
E) 3 (aegis, Dlover, D34d)
F) 4 (chuck, kida, Alaen, Badge)
G) 1 (kelten)

Perhaps we need to start sacrificing Drow to Zenkal until Lloth backs down?

Kermutt will continue to meditate, waiting for Zenkals wisdom.

madmartin26
Indulges in Conversation

Post by madmartin26 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:32 am

A, D, F

"No one is allowed to mess with my ship."

SA (15 AP + magic skill): Furious at the meddling causing damage to her ship, Lythrana tries to trace what unnatural event affected her ship (she suspects it's lolth, but needs to be sure).

Edit: why would you sacrifice the drow? We're fleeing from her wrath as it is. Lythrana at least has no intention of listening to lolth, especially if lolth is the one who crashed her ship.
Last edited by madmartin26 on Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Davecom3
Chronically Blathering

Post by Davecom3 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:06 am

CDF

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:15 am

We sacrifice drow to Zenkal..because the Drow are her people..If she has no people among the tribe...then her power among us diminishes...think of it as a warning to back off...

madmartin26
Indulges in Conversation

Post by madmartin26 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:20 am

BadgeAddict wrote:We sacrifice drow to Zenkal..because the Drow are her people..If she has no people among the tribe...then her power among us diminishes...think of it as a warning to back off...
Are you forgetting that the drow are a significant part of the population, and may not appreciate being killed because a god they have no control over is throwing a hissy fit? Drow are people too. :|

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:26 am

118 of 1822 = 15% This is not a significant amount of the population....