Civ 6: Hiatus until August 31

Home to all current Forum Games.
Jibjib
Game Master

Re: Civ 6: Myths And Legends: 969.04

Post by Jibjib » Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:11 pm

A) 5 (Badge, Dlover, Alaen, NewOne, Kelten)
B) 6 (Aegis, Badge, Martin, Chuck, Dlover, Alaen)
C) 4 (kida, D34d, Kelten, Dave)
D) 7 (Badge, Chuck, Dlover, Alaen, NewOne, Dave, Jib)
E) 4 (Aegis, kida, D34d, NewOne)
F) 3 (Martin, Kelten, Jib)
G) 7 (Aegis, kida, Martin, Chuck, D34d, Dave, Jib)

Tudo will bank a critical 100 (when the time comes to blackmail somebody, he's gonna make damn sure he does it right :P )
Psychosis is such an ugly word... I prefer Internalised Reality Warping.

"Theis, you can't touch my boobies, at least buy me dinner first!" ~Asks, 09/08/2014

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:56 pm

Keetch would like to request ownership of the Fire-resistant Brass Chainmail, as it would help greatly against his critical Formicid weakness against fire. Up to Voto, I suppose.

A, B, D

A) 6 (Badge, Dlover, Alaen, NewOne, Kelten, SVM)
B) 7 (Aegis, Badge, Martin, Chuck, Dlover, Alaen, SVM)
D) 8 (Badge, Chuck, Dlover, Alaen, NewOne, Dave, Jib, SVM)
G) 7 (Aegis, kida, Martin, Chuck, D34d, Dave, Jib)

Level) Can I pick up Enchanting as a Hobby? If not, Keetch will attempt to advance his Skill in Earth-Shaping up to an Occupation.

FH +15 AP, +5 WWS) Since the Elders refuse to see to the needs of his Formicid brethren, Keetch will just have to take matters into his own four hands. Keetch will go forward with Akki and the Pack, Kukucan, T'Alrg, along with anyone else that comes along, providing his combat prowess for the fight against the Wolverines. His focus will be to claim as many of the fire-immune Dire Wolverine/Bane pelts for himself and his people as he can, to be made into Formicid armor ASAP.
Bonuses:
Skills: Dodging, Group Combat (lots of players involved in this one)
Hobbies: Swordfighting
Misc: The fact that Keetch didn't get his second Social roll when talking to the Elders :shifty:
Last edited by SuperVaderMan on Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:52 am

A,D,F

Level) Captain Comet will work to improve her ability to cast weather magic....
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:56 am

Given that we are pirates...I'm not sure that asking for permission before taking something is appropriate....if you want something..you take it...this is the pirate way.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:03 am

Or I can be a good player and ask. Your suggestion would only cause problems and pointless drama. :|

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:05 am

You..are a bad pirate...

madmartin26
Indulges in Conversation

Post by madmartin26 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:08 am

I'm pretty sure even pirates would ask before taking something from their fellow pirates, at least if the didn't want to get into a brawl over it. Being a pirate doesn't mean you can't be a bit civil. :P

kida
Gives Speeches

Post by kida » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:11 am

madmartin26 wrote:I'm pretty sure even pirates would ask before taking something from their fellow pirates, at least if the didn't want to get into a brawl over it. Being a pirate doesn't mean you can't be a bit civil. :P
Pirates always prefer brawls on being civil... by definition :D

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:12 am

yeah....we're low down dirty thieves who stab our own in the back if it means more fame, glory or booty (whether that be gold booty, or woman booty) :P

though it is possible for pirates to work together toward a common goal..this is possible yes, but otherwise...pirates were not nice people...

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:21 am

These civ games are cooperative in nature. I was under the impression the point was to work together and have fun, not make the experience crappy for everyone else. :roll:

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:22 am

clearly you totally weren't involved in any baby drama two Civ's ago.....cause, yeah...

don't get me wrong, SVM, i have nothing against you....

I'm just not a fan of Pirates who wear pretty flowers in their hats, drink water, use foam swords and are all-around pleasant people...I think this fails horribly at being a pirate.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:34 am

BadgeAddict wrote:clearly you totally weren't involved in any baby drama two Civ's ago.....cause, yeah...
That has no relevance to the discussion at all :|

It's a game where everyone's supposed to have fun. It doesn't matter what the premise of the game is, if someone's not having fun, then something's gone wrong. Your suggestion is divisive and PvP oriented. That's not good for a cooperative game.

You can play however you want, of course. Me, I'm going to be a courteous player and ask for things when I feel I need to, like someone else bringing in a load of plundered treasure with a piece of armor that I want. They have first pick, and I can only ask to see if they'll willingly hand it over or not. 'Cause I'm not a dick.

Alaen
Converses Frequently

Post by Alaen » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:21 am

I mentioned it last time, but since we're on this topic again I'll repeat my stance on this.

Role playing and in-game flavor are not an excuse to be rude to other people. You should consider how other people will react to your actions before doing it.

Besides just because you're a pirate, doesn't mean you can't be polite and courteous.

Nolandking
Converses Frequently

Post by Nolandking » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:39 am

A) 5 (Badge, Dlover, Alaen, NewOne, Kelten)
B) 7 (Aegis, Badge, Martin, Chuck, Dlover, Alaen, Noland)
D) 8 (Badge, Chuck, Dlover, Alaen, NewOne, Dave, Jib, Noland)
G) 8 (Aegis, kida, Martin, Chuck, D34d, Dave, Jib, Noland)
Haven't played this signature game in a long while but I'll try it out again.

Help these poor little guys hatch.

Kelten
Converses Frequently
UStream Username: Kelten

Post by Kelten » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:46 am

SuperVaderMan wrote:Keetch would like to request ownership of the Fire-resistant Brass Chainmail, as it would help greatly against his critical Formicid weakness against fire. Up to Voto, I suppose.
Granted. Edited it in :)
il keep the ring for now, and pass it on to the next successful ship capturer :)
I kind of figured the gold is mostly roll-play flavor as it usually just gathers in our chest. So i was hoping to take a chunk of it and maybe start something with it later :) Hope noone minds... :paranoia:

I figured we shouldn't just pass the mirror to the drow at least, not at a time where we try to get rid of loth.

but vlad... couldent you just go in and steal it all during the party? No need to bash up our home town :shock:
Click here if you want to beat me up!

nerdsavant
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by nerdsavant » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:03 pm

B, D, F for me

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:16 pm

Er...like most communities we should have rules for the 'repossession' of articles among ourselves rather than just become massively distracted by wasting our time robbing each other...
I say that if one player wants another's Item they should duel for it...but not to the death...until one or the other is thrown into the cesspit.
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:19 pm

Kelten wrote:but vlad... couldent you just go in and steal it all during the party? No need to bash up our home town :shock:
I realized I forgot to specify that Keetch was going to go and fight the Wolverines with everyone. Edited that in. Keetch isn't going after anyone but the bad guys to get those pelts :P

And we already settled the dispute, Quarg. And I'd rather not do a PvP sorta thing for this stuff, unless both players are good with it.

D34dlock
Is Heard Often

Post by D34dlock » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:57 pm

I don't get why people are getting up in arms over Voto getting the Chainmail. As the pirate that captured the ship he Should get at least one item of HIS choice as a reward to motivate the rest of us to such deeds. Having him take his second choice instead because you want the item he chose ,even if only in the village chest, seems wrong. A Pirate cloaked in flames is so appropriate. So much flavor. In my opinion Voto didn't need to spend an FH on the action let alone need to back down. 1 item from the treasure per of captain choice for a successful voyage seems right in more ways than one!

As for motivating us, I suggested 20% of the cash AKA coins, bars, & gems go to the treasury because we will be providing insurance for repairs & replacements of ships. This can be modified at a latter date if we need more. Any coins given to the crew will likely be spent on booze & wenches or saved for the materials to build their own ship. News will also get around & we will get immigrants seeking fame & fortune.

On the wolverine problem I have my own solution.

Finest Hour

Rooster sees all the activity to kill the wolverines, corrupted or otherwise, & as a monster rancher wants to put a stop to it. He goes to the wolverines to get the uncorrupted ones to join our Civ. He'll try to get one of the Garou to help him speak to their spirit. Together we can put an end to the fighting. & maybe get some new pets.

I'm using my banked Crit 100. Monster Rancher & Social rolls twice. Wyvernwyrm Soul 20 points
I'm still reading shifters.

Kelten
Converses Frequently
UStream Username: Kelten

Post by Kelten » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:15 pm

Yah, i was imagining a burning oger jumping from a fire-red ship, attacking the oponent. It did seem a lot cooler then a ring (that had AWSOME fighting potential to be fair)
Click here if you want to beat me up!

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:27 pm

Alright, wrote everything down, it's going to take a LONG time to do all this bookkeeping (especially giving out the treasure), but the post should be up within 6 hours. If for some reason the bookkeeping takes too long, I'll put it off one more day and write the post tomorrow.

Edit: No, not streaming, need all my attention on this. :P
Edit #2 (7:20 PM): Basic notes are done, now it's time for the dice rolls then a little break. (rolled the divination for next month, which is a critfail, and hazard increase expecting it next month but nope)
Edit #3 (8:20 PM): Dice rolls are finally done. Now to do the final bit of bookkeeping and writing the post. Should be up around 10... may wait until sunday for the next post though, depending on what happens tomorrow...
Edit #4 (8:50 PM): That final bookkeeping took longer than I thought. Now to write the post.
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Capricornian/

It's Always Something. No, don't give me that look. It's Always Something.

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:23 pm

► Show Spoiler
The smiting goes off without a hitch, and Gynnidarcia never saw it coming. She is stunned for three months and whatever gods she follows are now watching your island intently. Zenkal is now warding them off and telling them to go screw a cactus in creative ways, using the power of the statues you built. The statues to Zenkal go up, and they're large enough to be seen from ships, so as to be landmarks. The statues mark the island as Sacred to Zenkal, which pisses Lloth off. She makes plans while the civilization researches the Unvorpal Blade, d12 Crystals and other things, but the majority of the legends and studies are hazy. There are repeated references to a coyote's tooth, which has been made to seem very, very important.

Meanwhile, Croanuk addresses his hunting traps problem by layering the traps, so that the predators get caught up along with the prey. While he didn't catch any this go around, he's noticed a new variable in the water: coppery-orange blowfish! They're specifically attracted to the vibrating wood (not just his traps) and are trying to poison it with their spines and repeatedly stick themselves to the wood. The blowfish poison doesn't seem to do anything, but if it could be harvested, it'd be very valuable. Voto throws a victory celebration to celebrate the capture of the Chaos Leopard's Tail, which relaxes tensions among the civilization and prevents Lloth from acting through Her priests. You think know She might be/is certainly up to something, and Zenkal can't be looking in all directions all of the time. Still, He remains unshaken, and "highlights" some Drow with faerie fire only Kermutt can see... those most likely to act out as vessels of Lloth's will.

While the party goes on, some of Voto's crew come back from the Chaos Leopard's Tail, reporting that it is powered by a "Warpstone core", giving it unnatural speed if out on the waves. This could be cause for concern, as where you find Warpstone, you most assuredly find mutations and Skaven. Some discussion is done about it, since if the core is destroyed, it will go out with a bang, and discussion is held talking about keeping it vs using it as explosive bait vs sending the core to the bottom of the ocean. The Garou want it destroyed completely. Out on the waters, Thessa goes hunting, but comes up empty (mostly because the corruption of the water from the Chaos Leopard's Tail travels a long way and marks a place as dangerous, so ships avoid it).

Finally we come to the big part. The hunting team out to cleanse the land and come back with enough pelts to carpet all of the civilization in wolverine fur. It's slow going to begin with, but Kukucan takes a pack of scouts and constantly harasses targets from the sky, only to drive them into the waiting claws of the Garou. What can be purified is purified, and what can't be purified usually is warped beyond reason. If you thought a Garou frenzying was bad, imagine if a dire wolverine went sentient, two legged, and danced the Black Spiral... some of these monstrosities are taller than the Garou! They're also quite intelligent, and T'alrg manages to prevent an ambush, keeping the pack from a deadfall trap which ends up saving the Pack's life. The hunting troupe picks up speed as Keetch discovers a Hive and manages to seal its only entrance. That doesn't prevent them from using the Spirit World, though... and some of the nasties do escape to retreat to Gynnidarcia's side of the island.

Rooster cuts off an advance flank circling around the huge deadfall trap, keeping the Pack safe. He also manages to take down the largest of the Dire Wolverines with a picture perfect shot right between the eyes that was well on its way to becoming a Bane. However in doing so, he left -himself- open... and the spirit of the Dire Wolverine fled from its body and right into Rooster! The bane, hot on its heels, also managed to make it inside, but right now the Bane is a filthy cesspool at the bottom of Rooster's soul. The Dire Wolverines (especially the corrupted ones) are driven back for the final time, finally to managable levels. While doing so, you find several with a mutation: very long tails, almost two to three feet long which are not prehensile yet as strong as a spider's web. You've got quite the heap of pelts now and have way more than enough to outfit the entire group of Formicids in fireproof fur.

You may have killed too MANY wolverines, and Wolverine (the spirit) isn't happy with that, but He bitches about everything, including scoffing at the possibility of some of the Dire Wolverines coming back and being "allies" of the Garou.

Finally, Clart heads to the Grand Shark's Demise looking for Fleascratcher's girlfriend... and he's trailed by the 777th Layer's trolls. He's left unmolested and doesn't manage to find said girlfriend based on Fleascratcher's description of her. She shouldn't be that hard to find, she's as wide as a dwarf (though "she smells better", according to Fleascratcher)

WILL YOU...

A) Hunt the Wyrmtainted Dire Wolverines on Gynnidarcia's side of the island? (85+)
B) Work on getting that Bane out of Rooster? (90+)
C) Continue training the gryphons and owlbears? (80+)
D) Secure the Spicewater Geyser while you have some spare time? (80+)
E) Research the Diamond Pearl? If it's a spiritual counterpart, the Garou might be able to find out something... (80+)
F) Allocate most if not all of the Fireproof Fur to the pirate ships, to prevent shipburnings? (75+)
G) Try again to research the Unvorpal Blade and associated stuff? (80+)

Chelrydian Divination (C): 2 + 6 (VillageLife 2) + 0 (Diplomacy 0) + 0 Action Points = 8 vs Modded 78 - 0 MP = Final Modded 78 (Base 80) (Critical Failure!)

My own votes are B (Duh), D (Valuable), and F (because fire is fun).

The Hazard Bar has increased by 21 (13 +8 for Actions)... (91/100)
► Show Spoiler
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Capricornian/

It's Always Something. No, don't give me that look. It's Always Something.

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Re: Civ 6: Myths And Legends: 969.07

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:21 pm

With Gynnidarcia stunned, we should do what we can on her side of the island. Which is A & D.

A, D, G

So now that Clart is at the Grand Shark's Demise:
He will keep his crew seemingly close to the ship with little interaction with the outside world.
SA + 15 AP: Clart and his divers will secret themselves out the underwater hatch and scout around.
His main focus will be on any ships or buildings with plenty of bounty which could be easily raided by his divers and warriors. They will also keep their eyes out for any comings and goings of the big players (The 777th Layer, Her Majesty's Scarlet Sky, Savala's Blizzard).

Skill: stealth + secret hatch for avoiding notice

Also I don't see any mention of it but I'm assuming the roll to lvl up skill to occupation failed?
Righteous OneVengeful One in Goblin Adventurer's League
Righteous Charger in Capture the flag
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

D34dlock
Is Heard Often

Post by D34dlock » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:32 pm

A,B,D
I'm still reading shifters.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:02 pm

A, B, D

A) 3 (Chuck, D34dlock, SVM)
B) 3 (Aegis, D34dlock, SVM)
C)
D) 4 (Aegis, Chuck, D34dlock, SVM)
E)
F) 1 (Aegis)
G) 1 (Chuck)

SA + 15AP) With Gynnidarcia stunned, Keetch suggests the idea of capturing her while she can't fight back. In preparation for this, Keetch and his kin will prepare an underground chamber to hold her prisoner in, complete with chains and whatever else is needed to hold a hallowed sphinx. If he can, he'll get the dwarven friends' help in putting in stone-work. The chamber will have multiple entrances large enough for average-sized humanoids but small enough to prevent Gynnidarcia from escaping, with the only tunnel large enough for her to fit through being collapsed as soon as she is secured within.

Bonuses
Formicid - Earthen Specialist: Gets 2 rolls for anything related to Earth-working, use the better result

(If I need multiple actions/players for this, let me know? The main roll is to dig out and prepare the chamber itself)