Civ 6 OOC: Return To Port Aug 31

Home to all current Forum Games.
Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Re: Civilization 6 OOC: Set Sail for... Stuff

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:51 pm

You've got drow and some other things before your airships begin to come into reality... heh.
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Capricornian/

It's Always Something. No, don't give me that look. It's Always Something.

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:33 pm

Question about my previous action:
44 + 6 (Technology 2) + 0 (Inventioneering 0) + 15 (Occupation Bonus) + 11 (Construction Bonus) - 17 (Maeterra Antitech) + 0 Action Points = 59 vs Modded 83 - 29 (35% Bonus) - 0 MP = Final Modded 54 (Base 85) (Action Succeeded) [5: +0 AP, +0 MP].
Something Interesting (63+): 51 + 6 (Personal 2) + 2 (Mastery 1) + 0 Action Points = 59 vs Modded 61 - 0 MP = Final Modded 61 (Base 63) (Action Failed)
Modification of the Morbid Storm is complete, with the vibrating wood "emergency hatch" added. Granted, you almost sunk the ship trying to install it.
Not that it matters since it was successful, but isn't there supposed to be some bonuses for FHs? or am I missing something.

Hmmm... a way to destroy another ship, with vibrating wood. Rather than mines what about making a ship's ram from the vibrating wood. I'll be sure to note that as a future project. But I have other plans for now.
Righteous OneVengeful One in Goblin Adventurer's League
Righteous Charger in Capture the flag
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:04 pm

madmartin26 wrote:I don't really get it either, and Lythrana herself is probably chaotic neutral (she values personal freedom highly) but the idea of a code seems interesting. Should we come up with what's in the code, for roleplaying purposes?
Having a code wold also help prevent uprisings and such. Probably for the best. Time all you captains get together and agree on a set of laws. Perhaps you would like to do so about a few mugs of alcohol, in a fine establishment run by yours truly? Captains get a discount, considering you bring in the sailors who make the bulk of customers.
Kelten wrote:I think we should kill all the nazi gripplin as well, just to be on the safe side o:)
So long as it's only the nazi grippli. I'm just a bartender, I don't have any bias, except against people who can't pay their tabs.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

D34dlock
Is Heard Often

Post by D34dlock » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:30 am

Aegis a 100% chance of a 100 Crit success is very powerful if used correctly. I'd be a fool to pass it up with so many things Rooster can do. Can the crit be used to guarantee the skill upgrade to Occupation roll? Also do I have to bank it or can I use it immediately?
I'm still reading shifters.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:52 am

I understand that we're pirates, and i understand that the people on the island didn't take down the ship....however, due to the islanders being an integral part of this society, i find it slightly ...stupid to split the booty only amongst the pirate ships and not put any into a "savings account" on the island for future expenditures that we might need.

for example: If you lot are away hunting more ships and that trade ship comes back, what are we going to buy their awesome stuff? (which you can use too)

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:49 am

D34dlock wrote:Aegis a 100% chance of a 100 Crit success is very powerful if used correctly. I'd be a fool to pass it up with so many things Rooster can do. Can the crit be used to guarantee the skill upgrade to Occupation roll? Also do I have to bank it or can I use it immediately?
If you say you're banking it, you can use it immediately on the next action. Levels aren't going to come as easy; I'll probably end up doubling the EXP required for a good few levels. Banked 100s can't be used on the vote list choices either, only for your SAs and FHs.

Chuck: Normally the vibrating wood would have only made it difficult to sail a ship not "enhanced" with it. So the FH was taken into consideration even if only a sentence or two was written. :)

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:51 am

Ok, the difference is in the effect, not the roll? Ok, then I was misinterpreting how FHs worked. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

In regards to the Chaos Leapord's tail:

What are the ship's properties aside from "being corruptive." Is it big with lots of wounds? Small and fast? Any special properties (magical or otherwise)? How much crew to man it? It might make a difference in what we do with it.

Options:
A) We could try to "sterilize" the corruptive properties (garou or a priest?)
B) Sail as is but keep its corruptive influence away from the island (aka someone who rarely comes home and never stays)
C) Dismantle it for resources. (being from another plane there may be something exotic)
D) Find out how it plane hopped and use it for new lands to explore/trade with/plunder (probably only its home plane but possibly others)
E) Take it the the grand shark's demise and try to sell or trade it (a whole ship should be worth quite a bit)

If D is possible it would be nice to see a brave captain take the ship. If the ship has any interesting properties A would be a good option. Otherwise C or E depending on whether the parts are also corruptive. B is kinda lazy but if no one wants to act for one of the others. Thoughts?
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:52 pm

In a nutshell? High defense, high attack, corrupts the water it sails on and toxifies the ground its pieces are brought on. The corruption should gradually fade over time though, as the source was the Chorfs themselves (and something you'll discover in the next update).

Kelten
Converses Frequently
UStream Username: Kelten

Post by Kelten » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:49 am

BadgeAddict wrote:I understand that we're pirates, and i understand that the people on the island didn't take down the ship....however, due to the islanders being an integral part of this society, i find it slightly ...stupid to split the booty only amongst the pirate ships and not put any into a "savings account" on the island for future expenditures that we might need.

for example: If you lot are away hunting more ships and that trade ship comes back, what are we going to buy their awesome stuff? (which you can use too)
If you dunp it on the pirates, it will quite soon drane into the town... I mean, they get everything from town.
Click here if you want to beat me up!

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:54 am

SuperVaderMan wrote:Keetch would like to request ownership of the Fire-resistant Brass Chainmail, as it would help greatly against his critical Formicid weakness against fire. Up to Voto, I suppose.
Any thoughts on this, Kelten?

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:40 am

My intent was not to create animosity here SVM, the only reason i mention the baby drama is because of your comment about making sure that no one is "not having fun".

I am not suggesting PVP style at all, but, if we're trying to be completely civil, then anything that a pirate captain loots should go into a general pot as opposed to divided up as he pleases.

On the other hand, if the pirate captain in question chooses to be...hrmm..greedy, selfish, etc with his treasure (which is all fine and dandy, because it is his) then that is approached differently.

My comments are should be taken with several shakers of salt. Again, not trying to create drama, merely, i think you're being overly nice by asking. that is all, not trying to create an argument here.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:54 am

I can appreciate not wanting to make an argument out of this, and now that you've made your point clear on a gameplay perspective, I can see what you're getting at. From my perspective, though, I saw Kelten claiming a piece of loot (one that my character had no part in acquiring), so I felt the need to ask him to see if he'd be OK with allowing my character to have it.

Kelten
Converses Frequently

Post by Kelten » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:29 am

yes, i am playing a greedy captain...
Oh, ya, shure vlad, il edit it in. Guess il grab the ring for myself instead, being a mele fighter and all. I was just thinking the flames would be cool,

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:44 am

Cool, thanks! :)

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:03 pm

Ugh we need a better way to divide loot. I guess I won't grab the ring then if Kelten is.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:11 pm

the thing is...we're either nice pirates, or true nature pirates....

I understand the frustration in dividing loot Chuck, however, Kelten did go and capture the ship using his own FH and such, and is thus entitled to split the treasure up however he damn well pleases.

but, if we're going to act all nice towards each other and complain about asking politely, then the same should go toward Kelten for him to give all of the loot that he captured to a general pool.

The problem here is people on "pirate-island" who are providing resources for the captains to go out and attack stuff. Technically one cannot survive without the other. So, one of two things are going to happen.

1. Captains capture booty and then "give/share" it with the global group aka community chest.
or
2. The land pirates are going to start selling the resources that the captains need to the captains because of their greed and selfishness.

basically....you either have communism in which we all work together for the good of the "tribe"
or we have a micro-economy in which, yes, the captains keep all of their money, but then, when it comes time to fix their ship, we charge them 10,000 gold pieces in order to fix it.

So...depending on what is chosen..i may burn an FH and my critical 100 in order to setup an "economy" to charge the captains for the necessities that they rely on, if the captains choose to be selfish.

Honestly, I'm fine with it either way...but understand that, If captains choose to live for greed, then the land-pirates will do the same thing.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:14 pm

D34dlock wrote:I don't get why people are getting up in arms over Voto getting the Chainmail. As the pirate that captured the ship he Should get at least one item of HIS choice as a reward to motivate the rest of us to such deeds.
Apparently you missed what the discussion was about. The discussion was about whether I should even ask for the item, whereas other people thought I should just take it because we're pirates, which I disagreed with.

I asked Kelten for the item. He let my character have it because he wanted to. No one was forcing him to give it up.

As for deciding who gets what item, maybe Aegis could be a deciding factor? If someone has claim on an item and they have more right to it, then they should get it unless they allow someone else to have it. If there's 2+ people that want it and everybody has equal right to have it, it could just be a roll-off to see who gets it.

Kelten
Converses Frequently

Post by Kelten » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:23 pm

I only wanted it for the fluff ;)
You'v spent several actions trying to make your race fireproof, i figured you'd have more use researching it and maybe figuring out the enchantments and spells its made of (aka, mass fire resistance)
Ps: if you find the enchantment that makes falls flames, id like a part of that!

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:26 pm

That's a good idea, actually! I know Aegis offered to allow Formicids to enchant, despite being completely without magic otherwise. I'll have to see if I can work something like that out....

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:28 pm

BadgeAddict wrote:I understand the frustration in dividing loot Chuck, however, Kelten did go and capture the ship using his own FH and such, and is thus entitled to split the treasure up however he damn well pleases.
Hence the reason I gave up my claim to it. I was just saying we need a system. We've spent a ridiculous number of posts now discussing the loot, and most of that was just squabbling about wording and intentions and so forth. And that's really just over 2 items. Good thing we didn't succeed (or Zenkal forbid: crit) our looting roll or we'd at each other's throats.

I agree the captain who brings it in should get first pick of the loot. Beyond that, I don't really care so long as we do have some sort of system.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:42 pm

*quickly blinks in before he goes to roll things* If I decided, it would all go into the Poorly Locked Chest until people said otherwise which things they wanted (which is what this thread is for, hashing out loots between ships and such... :) )

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:08 pm

Aegis J Hyena wrote:The hunting troupe picks up speed as Keetch discovers a Hive and manages to seal its only entrance. That doesn't prevent them from using the Spirit World, though... and some of the nasties do escape to retreat to Gynnidarcia's side of the island.
I'm a little confused by this. A Hive of what? Wolverines? You'd probably describe that as a Den, though, so I'm assuming it's something else?

Also, I'm not entirely sure what a Bane is, either.

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:28 pm

As I understand it banes are some sort of corruptive spirit world influence that inhabits bodies. In this particular case wolverines. They are from the same backstory as the garou.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:35 pm

Woo, my first successful action, and a crit!
ChuckDaRighteous wrote:Also I don't see any mention of it but I'm assuming the roll to lvl up skill to occupation failed?
It's under the tab for your character. And yeah, unfortunately you didn't level up your skill.

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:01 pm

SuperVaderMan wrote:Woo, my first successful action, and a crit!
ChuckDaRighteous wrote:Also I don't see any mention of it but I'm assuming the roll to lvl up skill to occupation failed?
It's under the tab for your character. And yeah, unfortunately you didn't level up your skill.
Thanks, I looked there but somehow still missed it. I swear I'm going blind.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10