Civ 6 OOC: Return To Port Aug 31

Home to all current Forum Games.
Jibjib
Game Master

Re: Civilization 6 OOC: Set Sail for... Stuff

Post by Jibjib » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:23 am

Whereabouts are the rules for this Civ being kept now? Or if anybody knows, what is the regen rate for SA's and FH's? There's more stuff I'd like to do but I don't want to blow them all really quickly and have nothing for ages.

Cheers :)
Psychosis is such an ugly word... I prefer Internalised Reality Warping.

"Theis, you can't touch my boobies, at least buy me dinner first!" ~Asks, 09/08/2014

kida
Gives Speeches

Post by kida » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:10 am

Jibjib wrote:Whereabouts are the rules for this Civ being kept now? Or if anybody knows, what is the regen rate for SA's and FH's? There's more stuff I'd like to do but I don't want to blow them all really quickly and have nothing for ages.

Cheers :)
Rules are kept in the thread we voted for tweaks:
Each Player starts with 3 Standard Actions and 1 Finest Hour. Standard Actions (SAs) are worthy of a write-up (even if it is just a sentence), while Finest Hours (FHs) pack a punch and may be somewhat of a game-changer. There are a total of nine Base Aspects, each with four (up from three) Sub Aspects. 1 SA regenerates at Midsummer (fuck rolling, you guys got shafted last game), 2 SA and 1 FH regenerate at Winter's Meet. Maximums are 7/4 because let's face it you guys never really held onto your Actions unless you were idle

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:17 am

By the way, Since we lost pro and now our awesome tweaks keep getting pushed back due to their over-effectiveness....could we get the hazard & Lloths rage to grow at a slower pace also?

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:35 am

Lloth's rage is easily suppressed by using wyvern soul and hazards can be beneficial. Its our bad rolls that are kicking our ass.
Righteous OneVengeful One in Goblin Adventurer's League
Righteous Charger in Capture the flag
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

kida
Gives Speeches

Post by kida » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:39 am

I don't think Lloth's rage is suppressed by wyvern soul. As far as I know it is suppressed by sacrificing people to Lloth.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:45 am

Well...i think we should start sacrificing Drow to Zenkal....(as a , in your face lloth)

kida
Gives Speeches

Post by kida » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:28 am

From the second month:
On the deity front, Lloth's rage begins to increase. She will be placated by sacrifices of important people, of men in general, of driders of any kind, and (best bet) sacrifices of magic books and spell knowledge. If the timer drops to 0 it will reset to 100 and She will act, usually with a hostile "Hazard" of some kind that might not even be related to the month's actions. Such a nasty Hazard will require an FH to mitigate for sure. If she acts 7 (and then 13) times, bad things will happen. For now She seems to be only observing, taking an interest in what both the drow and the other races are doing, and seems slightly amused that such a variety of species would unite. The priests in the drow do think She will meddle, eventually.
Badge - why do you want to enrage Lloth?

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:30 am

I do not want to enrage her....i want to destroy her...and place Zenkal on her throne...All hail Zenkal...

I have become a zealot of Zenkal..

Kelten
Converses Frequently
UStream Username: Kelten

Post by Kelten » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:32 am

BadgeAddict wrote:Well...i think we should start sacrificing Drow to Zenkal....(as a , in your face lloth)
...do we really want to kick the hornets nest?
then again we did sacrifice over a 100 rebells to her this year and she is still pissed at us and sabotage our finding :meh:
Bloody spider... Sacrificing anyone that worships her would be nice, but i would prefer if she couldn't retaliate...

She is a bloody god! Isn't she supposed to grant us power or weapons or something for sacrificing a lot? I think she is bloody greedy.
But killing off a few drow priests could go ether way... we already gave her a lot of sacrifices... :stab:
Click here if you want to beat me up!

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:33 am

The only way her people have any power in this community is if they still exist....no drow, no drow power...

Kelten
Converses Frequently

Post by Kelten » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:34 am

we still have driders

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:39 am

True...but only half-breed ones...so, im unsure of Lloths opinion of them.

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:15 am

kida wrote:I don't think Lloth's rage is suppressed by wyvern soul. As far as I know it is suppressed by sacrificing people to Lloth.
Fortunately, you can combat this with Wyvernwyrm Soul, the "power" granted by Zenkal the Unshaken. For every point of Wyvernwyrm Soul used on an action (to pour you heart and soul into something), it will boost resolve and stop any form of corruption from manifesting. If used accompanying a healing effect, the effect is doubled. Each point of soul used will slow Lloth's timer by 1 and cut the Wyrm Timer now accompanying things by 1% (to a maximum of 25%). Driders and to a lesser extent Drow by their nature are "corrupt" in Mother Nature's eyes (thanks obama... I mean, Lloth), so even if Lloth doesn't act, if the Wyrm Timer hits 250 on its own, the Wyrm will and the Garou will probably be the ones called upon to put whatever the Wyrm makes show up (and the creatures that led to the Wyrm acting!) down.
And I agree for a worshiped deity she's pretty damn unhelpful. Probably getting way ahead of myself but for the next civ game, perhaps we should have tweaks choosing which diety we worship (each with their own advantages/disadvantages/favored races/etc). Just saying, if we end up with Lloth a third time just because someone votes for drow, I think I'm gonna get sick of the game fast.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

Kelten
Converses Frequently

Post by Kelten » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:20 am

yah, all other gods protect us and give us stuff. Loth just givs us SHIT even when we do sacrifice, and lets us fend for our selves. And she starts inner conflicts. bloody spider

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:20 am

Here is the base question, If all of her people are destroyed from amongst our tribe....will she still have power here...

personally i would say no, because as soon as the drow "lost" power in the last civ, she tucked her tail and ran...

thus, we kill the drow, we should be over and done with her, and Chuck i agree, the whole thing with getting Lloth over and over again is getting really annoying...and if getting drow = getting lloth, then we should never pick drow again...ever..

Kelten
Converses Frequently

Post by Kelten » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:25 am

lol. Yah, if i remember correctly Loth did more damage to the drow then to the gripplin :o SOOO annoying...
But removing the rest of the drow from land may be a good idea... just force the last 38 onto a pirate ship together with the last driders :)

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:30 am

Hmm....I think we have a few different options here...

1. We sacrifice all of Lloth's creatures to Zenkal = Give him power = He protects us, though he's deviant, he's better then the spider bitch
2. We send all of Lloth's creatures on a suicide mission against the Gynda lady on the other side of the mountain, if they win, we kill whoever isn't dead, if they lose, well..win-win situation
3. We put them all on a boat with a destination far far away from us.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:34 am

You guys are seriously considering genocide on one of our species? :| Considering one of the players plays that species, that's pretty cold.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:37 am

Actually, not so, LAYF was a drow last game...though, he turned into something else...but Lloth was still not a factor..

okay okay, I think there might be another way...we need to find a deity that can offer protection against Lloths wrath, making it no longer a factor...

aka Zenkal...he's new to this whole god business, and i'm not completely sure how Power works, but if we can find a way to give him power, he may be able to help us out...

edit: On the other hand, you just called out the fact that we do have someone to blame for this Lloth problem.

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:47 am

Honestly, I think we already have the tools to keep most of her meddling at bay. WS can keep her timer locked down. And Zenkal can likely contribute to staving off the random interventions if we show him enough favor/tribute/piety/whatever it is he wants.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

Alaen
Converses Frequently

Post by Alaen » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:50 am

I agree with Chuck. Right now she is mostly annoying and not that threatening. Plus once our Aspects get higher the timer is gonna decrease even slower.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:59 am

^No offense, but I will still be pushing this SA forward, well, mostly because Kermutt is his vessel now....and..He/I really really hate Lloth and her meddling...

kida
Gives Speeches

Post by kida » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:21 am

How fun to play simple celled who is practically invisible to the gods.

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:21 am

By all means suppress Lloth further. It can only help us (barring crit fail). We're just saying unless something changes drastically, She's not too much of an impending threat.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:23 am

MMmmm...perhaps we can put that to our use somehow....like...a slime shield...warding off all deity influences.... i have no clue..

Edit for ninja'd: Chuck....Lloth is not a threat, until she is one...however, because Aegis is...a bit....unpredictable, I like to deal with things before they become problems....