Civilization 6: ENTRIES for 2nd Round CLOSED

Home to all current Forum Games.
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Re: Civilization 6: ENTRIES for 2nd Round OPEN

Post by BadgeAddict » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:53 am

what may explode in what for us, will also explode in water for our enemies....sure, you'll have to come up with a way to safely contain it, but then you'll be able to weaponize it...here is the biggest question, if we have access to it, do our enemies have access to it as well?

I kind of like claws also though...the ability both to dig and extra strong attacks versus our enemies...

► Show Spoiler
Last edited by BadgeAddict on Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:03 am

The tweak only says the world has it. Which means anybody can gain access to it. And weaponisation is what I'm worried about. I'm concerned that we won't work it out before others, and it will prove a great danger to our ships.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:29 am

Okay, so, i agree with nixing redstone, we may be able to become more powerful, but so will our enemies....how do you feel about claws?

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:40 am

I can't find any problems with claws. It seems like an overall positive, since we would likely board enemy ships to take their cargo, and close-range power would be important then. I wouldn't oppose it, but with only four tweaks I wouldn't vote for it myself, since I'm aiming for Pro, partially to fix the extra arms problem I contributed to and partially because it seems awesome, and I have a feeling food will be a problem for a seafaring civilisation. I think claws is a viable alternative to mundivore, though, and I'll vote for it if a good amount of people decide food won't be a problem.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:50 am

You know, going Pro will enable us to roll 2x when attempting to find food....also, has any of you actually read the ogres racial power which we got...from how Aegis explained it, He will roll yes/no for one of the voting options and and will know before we vote (on one action) whether it succeeds or not.....again, finding food shouldn't be a problem.

i personally don't think food finding will be difficult, and if everyone agrees that mundivore is the right option, whats wrong with just eating the food we want to eat anyways... there are fish in the ocean, and we can create a method of turning saltwater into drinking water.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:01 am

Hmm, that is true, the benefit of Pro would help with getting food, even if we resort to fishing while at sea. The crew would probably start fishing a fair time before running out of supplies, so there's a good chance they could scrounge together something. It's a very good point... I don't know, I'm too tired to make proper decisions right now. Tomorrow I'll see what everyone thinks. And if votes are locked in that time... Well, if five or six people agree, I'll change from Mundivore to Claws.
My game:

My characters:

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:15 am

Yeah, I'm not for food tweaks. I don't think its necessary. Claws don't work against dragons or stronger metals. And I'd rather not go up against an opponent and find out our offense doesn't work. We've got high tech tweaks and pros so I don't think developing strong weapons will be an issue. Personally I'd try to push interracial+ but that won't work with pro since that would be 5 tweaks, and I don't think pro is going to lose. In that case I'd suggest underdark connections. I want a black-market dealer to sell our ill-gotten games to.

Changing my population- vote to underdark connections
Righteous OneVengeful One in Goblin Adventurer's League
Righteous Charger in Capture the flag
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:29 am

Think of Claws as a good backup to real weapons...

aka - you're fighting and lose your weapons, but oh look, you still have claws...

Plus, mining should be a breeze with claws.

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:12 am

Alright, I'm going to close the votes at midnight tonight. now.

Personally, I l... oh wait, I didn't do a second round of voting, did I?

In that ca... *looks at vote* ... ... ... Hmmm. Nah. My votes wouldn't have an impact, Pro and Mundivore (right now with both 9) are way too far ahead of what I'd pick (Redstone, Toxic, Valley, Claws).

Now then, finalized tweaks!

Basic List
► Show Spoiler
After rounding up all similar things in their respective good/bad columns, this is the result. Rather than average similar things, I decided to take the best (or worst) part of everything similar, a la Best of Both (or in this case all) Worlds. Some things stacked, some didn't and I just took the higher result (Especially in the case of Social penalties and stubborn to ideas).

Modified List, Pass #1
► Show Spoiler
After combining "The Good" and "The Bad" of similar things, this is the result. I realize a lot of it doesn't seem to make sense, especially where magic is concerned, but I added together everything similar and that's how it rounded out in my head.

Modified List, Pass #2
► Show Spoiler
And after applying the Best of Both Worlds, we have this.

Modified List, Pass #3
► Show Spoiler
FINALLY, (whew!), your finalized List of Racials, with Tweak modifiers added (you didn't make my job easy with a dozen races picked!) is as follows, below. I really don't feel right with Difficulties dropping more than 35% in some cases, nor do I feel right to give Difficulties higher than 100% to compensate, so I capped it at 35%. If the bonus is normally higher than 35, it will increase by 5 every 2 years until the regular bonus it was supposed to have is reached. It just makes things too easy otherwise and it wouldn't be fun were there not an element of risk! Compensated for that by starting the Civilization with 50 Action Points and 25 Mastery Points, and got rid of Somewhat Cursed out of the Chelydrians.

Finalized List:
► Show Spoiler
And there you have it. I'm going to work out the particulars of the storyline based on all this, and on July 6th 7th we'll kick off with the Prologue. Some of the bonuses you have may be tied to physical objects, and if those are wrecked then you lose the bonus (gotta give you -something- to do when you're not burning and pillaging...) Given the Rogue Faction, the Cult, and some other things, what I'm also going to do is just say it's a population of 70 per vote from earlier instead of specialized skills (you'll be able to specialize soon enough!) --- it makes it much easier on me to begin with!
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Capricornian/

It's Always Something. No, don't give me that look. It's Always Something.

Alaen
Converses Frequently

Post by Alaen » Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:18 am

So to summarize: We are terrifying in combat, have advanced technology to further our advantage, we heal incredibly fast, and while we don't have a lot of casters they are very powerful.

I can live with that.

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Re: Civilization 6: ENTRIES for 2nd Round CLOSED

Post by GathersIngredients » Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:33 am

So, if we pick half-breeds, do we get the 35 of each parent race, too, plus the 70 half breeds, or ONLY the 70 half breeds?

And, AW, MAN! I had it all mapped out so nicely for my contingent of people. :(

Oh, and about the 5% driders: will they be drow-spider only or other races, too? (I want my Mino-Driders! 8) )

@ Alaen: you forgot: we can (and WILL) eat EVERYTHING. >:D (anyone ever played "tasty planet"? o:) )

Oh, and @ Aegis: what was the last verdict on our breeding and maturing times & rates?
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

Alaen
Converses Frequently

Post by Alaen » Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:39 am

GathersIngredients wrote:Oh, and about the 5% driders: will they be drow-spider only or other races, too? (I want my Mino-Driders! 8) )
Spidertouched affects all races, so there will be Mino-driders.

kida
Gives Speeches

Post by kida » Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:57 am

You also forgot we are caught in a battle between gods plus we have a mini civil war with rouges and cults...

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:17 am

GathersIngredients wrote:Oh, and @ Aegis: what was the last verdict on our breeding and maturing times & rates?
35 of each parent race, 70 half breeds. I averaged the breeding speed. It's about 2.3 years and 3 years to mature.
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Capricornian/

It's Always Something. No, don't give me that look. It's Always Something.

NewOneAround
Likes to Contribute

Post by NewOneAround » Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:27 am

318,5 Ogres
273 Chelydrians
140 Dwarves
140 Orcs
140 Simple Celled
140 Drow
105 Grippli
91 Bullfrogs (Minotaur-Gripply)
91 Droger (Drow-Oger)
91 X (Drow-Minotaur)
70 Maeterra
70 Formicid
70 Ponies
70 Sky born
70 Minotaurs
6 Garou
_____
1885,5 Pirates...
95,275 Driders...
207,405 Gigant Spiders
and a not specificed amount of Gryphons, Hippogrypgs and Owlbears.
and only frigging 10,774 Spellcaster...
GM for a Kobold Mine

Cutting, building and assembling inside of Castle Heterodyne [Salpicon]
Being on hold while working under the D'Jinn [Zeun]
Beeing a lost Goblin Slave (a.k.a. Mineling) in a godforsaken Hole [Complains]
Full of excitement for the rise of a new Civilisation

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:56 am

here in the english system we use periods instead of commas....but i won't fault you for that.

Jibjib
Game Master

Post by Jibjib » Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:00 pm

The first thing I saw was 95,275 driders... tiny heart attack happened :P
Psychosis is such an ugly word... I prefer Internalised Reality Warping.

"Theis, you can't touch my boobies, at least buy me dinner first!" ~Asks, 09/08/2014

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:08 pm

Five Garou, not six. A single Silver Pack.

Kelten
Converses Frequently
UStream Username: Kelten

Post by Kelten » Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:32 pm

dose that mean we have drider-ponies as well? :o
Click here if you want to beat me up!

Davecom3
Chronically Blathering

Post by Davecom3 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:40 pm

And Spider-birds... Maybe even Spider-dragon-birds...

D34dlock
Is Heard Often

Post by D34dlock » Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:49 pm

My Take:

Deal +2 Wounds to unarmed attacks, heal 3 wounds a month before Rest, stacks with Skilled Healers, increasing that skill
Skilled Healers (Regenerate 4/month 100%, 5/Month 35%, All Wounds 15%) So.. 7 wounds healed each month min. Good thing we get + 5 wounds from Fit as a Fiddle to help us take advantage of it

Fit as a Fiddle (+5 Wounds, +3 to All Saving Throws, take 1 less wound of damage, 2 wounds 35% of the time, 30% to ignore wounds outright, 100% resistant to Disease, Sickness, Poison, & Necromancy. Yet somehow weak to Undead. Seems OK. The take less wounds brings our "is wounded after a months rest" number to 9 wounds needed. 8 or less wounds is "tis but a scratch". Good thing because we are Pirates & will be getting into fights.

Battle Veteran (Crit Success on 81+ instead of 95+ in Warfare, Immunity to Fear/Morale Breaks, +18 to Warfare Actions, -20% Difficulty to Warfare, -30% if using Sword and Shield.) Will help mitigate our weakness to Mind-Affecting Spells, Demons, Devils, Undead, Omens, Dreams/Nightmares, & Celestial Events.

Magical Nexus (+1 Level for Spells, Divine/Shaman magic is 60% harder to dispel, Research Difficulties drop by 16, +32 bonus and -30% Difficulty to Sorcery, +35(47) and -35%(60%) Difficulty to Spiritual, one caster per 175 members, learn spells at half the normal rate.) Scaling DC boost to Shaman/Druid magic. Easier research & casting. Few but powerful casters & Pro will slightly overcome the slower research speed by roll 2 use best.

Magical Weaknesses (Weak to Mind-Affecting Spells, Enchantments, Demons, Devils, Undead, Omens, Celestial Events, Dragonslaying, Divine Smites and Dreams/Nightmares, 14% for spells to go Wild, & we attract large/giant magical monsters.) Ouch but we can get around this. At lest we get to roll twice on most stuff. On the other hand we attract large/giant magical monsters combines well with Animal Husbandry. "Release the Kraken" has a nice sound to it for Pirates. Best we get on to building the capturing equipment. & holding pens & farms to see to the feeding.. OK, so Leveling the Food & Drink aspect is not at all wasted on us.

Animal Husbandry (+11 bonus to domesticate big/difficult creatures/magical beasts, start with Gryphon, Hippogryph, Owlbear allies/mounts, 11% of the entire starting population will own trainable Giant Spiders as pets.) We start with flying mounts. With Steampunk it sounds like we have a carrier or could build one in short order. Alchemist fire & bombs combined with aerial scouting means we have lots of targets & can sink ships with a minimum of difficulty. Aerial scouting + Greedy is not a helpful combination.

Do we know what kind of Gryphons we start out with http://www.missmab.com/demonology.php . I'm joking. XP I'm guessing:
Gryphons like normal. Training Shifting the animal to helpful may be difficult or not. DC 25 to get an indifferent Gryphon to helpful. If +11 bonus to domesticate big/difficult creatures/magical beasts applies you still need a roll of 14 or better. would need a +4 to the check to take 10. Does this count as a social roll? That could make things harder or not. The +15 from Occupation will overwhelm the -7 penalty or +7 for skill will cancel it out. After that, 6 weeks of practice and a successful DC 20 Handle Animal check is sufficient for the beast to be comfortable with its burden, and due to their intelligence, trained griffons can be treated as knowing every trick listed in the Handle Animal skill description, possibly even responding to new, simple requests made in Common. All seem good but Bombard (DC 20) stands out from the crowd. Looks like Skill or better to train.
Owlbear: Owlbear Training (DC 23 for a juvenile creature; DC 30 for a fully grown adult)we must have someone that can make that check. 23 - 11 = 12 better than a 12 for juvenile seems reachable 30 - 11 = 19 not so much without Personal modifiers. By Occupation only to train. The list of alternate Owlbear types Siege Owlbear stands out as we have Orcs. Again normal is more likely.
Hippogryph: Hippogriff Horse with Eagles head & claws instead of front hooves. Easier to train than Gryphons. Guess this can be done at hobby level. They are a preferred meal of gryphons, wyverns, and young dragons. OK this seems like trouble waiting to happen. Then again they might be our version of sheep. We'll have to set a guard to keep them from getting munched by our people. Mundivore only means we can eat anything, but people like to eat that which is tasty. They are more valuable as mounts let's find a way to keep them as mounts.
11% of the entire starting population will own trainable Giant Spiders as pets.
We get Spider silk gear & spider poison. We also can explore the dungeons by walking on the ceiling away from most trap triggers. Chitin is available to us when spiders molt.

Socially Unpredictable (-7 to all rolls, results 14% worse than normal, Social rolls twice and uses better result, stacks with Pro) 4 rolls keep the best but it's at a penalty -7. The 4 rolls will level this 4 times as fast.

Technical Knowledge (Begin with knowledge of Guns, "Advanced" Technology, Technology Difficulty reduced by 35%(55%), +11 to all rolls involving construction of any kind, -17 to all Technology, start with a Precious Metal Mine rolls) We have Advanced Tech. Good thing because with a penalty that big it will be hard to Advance it. We didn't need real Nukes anyway Cries inside a little. No trading our Tech, & secret labs & workshops, might be a good idea as Teching out of our problems would be very hard. Lead lined rooms should be easy enough to build. The building bonus will help a lot. -17 + 11 means -6 to our build rolls. The good news is we know of Awesome things to build already. Guess quality takes time.

We can work with this.
The extra:
Totemic Strength (Phoenix), hilarious with Cannot be Raised
Skilled Healers (Regenerate 4/month 100%, 5/Month 35%, All Wounds 15%) Little if any downtime.
Mutation Resistant (100% Ponies, other races 30%) Should help keep us from our own stupidity
Mystery Solvent (Something Interesting happens on a 65+(54+) and a Mysterious Event on 65+(63+)) & since we roll everything twice with Pro. :P

The flaws:
Necromancy Forbidden, Would have only gotten us in trouble anyway.
Only 1 in 5 Divine Casters can heal (need to research alternate heal spells at 90+), + one caster per 175 members = 875 Pop needed to guarantee 1 Divine caster that can heal if we only have Divine casters. 1750 if we're 50/50.
Stubborn to New Ideas, (Aspects advance at 1/2 speed) Mostly canceled by Pro.
The Black Spiral (Easily corrupted, especially if too much time spent in non-natural surroundings), The open ocean is natural right? Scouting on Gryphons & Hippogriffs should get them away from unnatural structures like boats right?

Trouble with gods:
Lloth's Vengance (Lloth could be a BIG problem against the Deviant Deity...)
Spidertouched (5% of entire population is Driders!) More Spidersilk Gear
Cult of Extermination within the Civilization
Rival Religion (Valkyries) preaching Extermination
Civilization Rival overwrites Tolerance (Tolerance will last about a year and a half); rival rolled randomly out of six civilizations around you; the result was Valkyries
Current Racial Wars are fragile truces; not guaranteed to stay that way
I'm still reading shifters.

madmartin26
Indulges in Conversation

Post by madmartin26 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:55 pm

Looks like i'm going to have to revamp my job selections, given we only get ten casters total...

That said, how are we splitting up the ships? Is it still valid for my pc to captain the Gyrfalcon with my complement of 70 drow and a group of 70 of another race(probably co-captaining or something like that with the other race)? I think that would be fun, but given that we only have 7 ships and 140 people would probably take a medium ship. Maybe it could only be the 70 of them and the Gyrfalcon could be a small ship? Or have the Gyrfalcon not be a starting ship and have my pc build it. Anyway, the point is i'm not sure how we're going to sort it out yet, so i think it's worth discussing.

Also, does knowledge of guns mean we get to have cannons on our ships?

i wonder how the pet spiders will work on ships. They'd probably make amazingly good rigging (along with the driders) and be good boarders, so that's a plus.

Also, i think the drider pony is cute, but that may just be me. :P

D34dlock
Is Heard Often

Post by D34dlock » Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:16 pm

madmartin26 wrote:Looks like i'm going to have to revamp my job selections, given we only get ten casters total...
1 caster per ship seems harsh but we can work with that.
madmartin26 wrote:Also, does knowledge of guns mean we get to have cannons on our ships?
I think cannons on ships would be Steampunk.
madmartin26 wrote:i wonder how the pet spiders will work on ships. They'd probably make amazingly good rigging (along with the driders) and be good boarders, so that's a plus.
Tremor sense + wall walking + web is good.
madmartin26 wrote:Also, i think the drider pony is cute, but that may just be me. :P
Disturbingly so
I'm still reading shifters.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:35 pm

Your forgetting some ponies have wings...which means that we have a fairly robust airforce actually...
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Kelten
Converses Frequently
UStream Username: Kelten

Post by Kelten » Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:53 pm

1 in 70 of the rest have wings as well... we have dragon blood... thats another 27
Click here if you want to beat me up!