Civilization 6: ENTRIES for 2nd Round CLOSED

Home to all current Forum Games.
Alaen
Converses Frequently

Re: Civilization 6: ENTRIES for 2nd Round OPEN

Post by Alaen » Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:36 am

There is only one thing con-wise I would contest.
I don't think (Very) Magic Poor should be Civ-wide. It doesn't make sense that a very magical race like Drow suddenly don't have any casters, just because there are some Maeterra around.

Kelten
Converses Frequently
UStream Username: Kelten

Post by Kelten » Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:41 am

lets see...
5+6+1+6+4+1+6+5+5+5+4+2
N E G E G E E N N N G N (winner neutral, leaning a bit mor to evil, but not by much)
T T L T T L T T T T T L (almost everyone is true something, only a vere few lawfull, and no caotic)
Id say the starting should be true neutral
Click here if you want to beat me up!

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:09 am

I'm leaving it as Lawful Evil for now. It's a finger's width from Neutral Good though so if you want to assume that, I don't have a problem with it.

As for Very Magic Poor kicking in, that's just how things ended up (it just means a potentially low magic civilization, but what mages you have are -powerful-. That's how I read it right now.)
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Capricornian/

It's Always Something. No, don't give me that look. It's Always Something.

madmartin26
Indulges in Conversation

Post by madmartin26 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:36 am

What i get from this is that we don't get along with people very well, we have some weaknesses, and we're only passably good at arcane and divine casting, but we are INCREDIBLY resilient and can rebound from practically anything immediately.

I also have some confusion at lawful evil. We may tend very slightly in that direction, but if feel like we still are mostly neutral.

Kelten
Converses Frequently

Post by Kelten » Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:46 am

its because aegis system is a bit random in if we are good, neutral or evil.
also, aegis miss counted....
5+6+1+6+4+1+6+5+5+5+4+2=50
50/12 is ruffly 4.2= Neutal good

edit: if we removed all good races and made this check again, we would still be NG o:)

Lallala! We arent evil! Dont mind the heads on the spikes! :lol:

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:17 pm

I think we are severely limiting ourselves by being able to eat only water. What happens if the ocean we sail upon was made of oil, or sand, or air....I want my people to eat real food dammit.

madmartin26
Indulges in Conversation

Post by madmartin26 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:19 pm

Kelten wrote:its because aegis system is a bit random in if we are good, neutral or evil.
also, aegis miss counted....
5+6+1+6+4+1+6+5+5+5+4+2=50
50/12 is ruffly 4.2= Neutal good

edit: if we removed all good races and made this check again, we would still be NG o:)

Lallala! We arent evil! Dont mind the heads on the spikes! :lol:
I was wondering about the addition system a little bit...

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:45 pm

Aegis J Hyena wrote:Nikohl -- You've got Phoenix. I don't have a problem with that. A Metis is a surprise... let alone Alpha of the pack? o.O I'm surprised Eater of Spiders wouldn't eat HIM too.
*looks at the names* Someone must have read the Silk And Honey and Locus webcomics (someone named "Eater of Spiders" is a Wight in those stories)
As for being more than one Silver Pack, it's a big world. Maybe one to a continent or something; the idea of one only never sat well with me. I'd say you still bear the mantle of Silver, though you won't meet another Pack of that rank, so to speak.
I'm going to be playing Garou as "lawful, more druidic" versions of normal werewolves. I don't know a -thing- about Gifts or anything else, it's been too long and I'm not interested in adapting everything from the original rulebooks online. You'll get powers and stuff before the game starts, but it won't be like anything you're used to from the books.
Locus is one of my favourite webcomics! Eater of Spiders is going to be very much like Uncle Spook in my head ;)

I have a bit of a fluffy background as to how the Metis got to play, let alone become Alpha - I shall chat to you about it and see what you think. I knocked a full cup of coffee all over my office today and just spilled boiling water all over the kitchen so I'm not going back on the computer tonight, I can just see me completing the trifecta of clumsyfuck and ruining something expensive :| today has been a bad day.

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:21 pm

Oh good lord... Eater of Spiders as a Garou is... I don't know whether to be surprised, amused, or running in fear. You did read Silk and Honey, right? The prelude to everything?

Heh. I laughed harder than I should have about your unfortunate clumsyfuck.

Still, a Metis as the leader of a Silver Pack... the Silver Fangs must be -pissed off-...

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:37 pm

Can you guys answer me this at least....why not mundivore (would still let you eat water)

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:44 pm

Let me know if i missed anything...
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by BadgeAddict on Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NewOneAround
Likes to Contribute

Post by NewOneAround » Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:01 pm

change votes to
Redstone
Pro

I'm in for Lawfull Evil pirates! Great stuff.

Mundivore is actually superior to h2ovore IF it allows us to eat water.
I did read it as: you can eat earth, wood, meat, bones, toxic slag, skaven and whatever, but it needs substance.
GM for a Kobold Mine

Cutting, building and assembling inside of Castle Heterodyne [Salpicon]
Being on hold while working under the D'Jinn [Zeun]
Beeing a lost Goblin Slave (a.k.a. Mineling) in a godforsaken Hole [Complains]
Full of excitement for the rise of a new Civilisation

nerdsavant
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by nerdsavant » Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:24 pm

My tweak votes:

Pro
Claws

I'm down with some Lawful Evil piracy. :)

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:26 pm

I did read S&H, yeah. I'm not into Godslayer yet - not in my budget - but I will probably try and get it in its entirety when it is finished.

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:10 pm

nikohl wrote:I did read S&H, yeah. I'm not into Godslayer yet - not in my budget - but I will probably try and get it in its entirety when it is finished.
Likewise. I commissioned him for artwork one time, and he said he didn't think he had the talent to do it. Heh. I think Locus was better than S&H but I'm -no- fan of westerns.

And yes to the others --- Mundivore includes water. It's an "eats-ANYTHING" sort of thing.

Not gonna comment about Pro... heh. I probably should have made it a 50% instead of full 100% since Loner is only 50%... (and with Best of Both Worlds that'd just increase to 80% anyway...) So even if the Aspects advance at 1/3 or 1/4 speed or whatever, this makes up for it nicely...

NewOneAround
Likes to Contribute

Post by NewOneAround » Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:32 pm

@all: could you change h2ovore to mundivore? I do not see why not.

@badge: you added my redstone vote 2x
GM for a Kobold Mine

Cutting, building and assembling inside of Castle Heterodyne [Salpicon]
Being on hold while working under the D'Jinn [Zeun]
Beeing a lost Goblin Slave (a.k.a. Mineling) in a godforsaken Hole [Complains]
Full of excitement for the rise of a new Civilisation

Davecom3
Chronically Blathering

Post by Davecom3 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:36 pm

That calculation of alignment seems way off base. Are we really saying that LE is closer to CG than LG?

Seems to me both axes should be calculated separately. Trying to calculate both axes together results in somewhere two totally different alignments not being the farthest apart from each other.

And go ahead and switch my Aquavore to Mundivore.

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:52 pm

Meh, alignment is all in how you act anyway rather than some silly calculation. Definitely balancing the good/evil axis with dwarves and drow, methinks. Maybe your alignment should be "neutral selfish" or something. Heh.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:56 pm

BadgeAddict wrote:Aegis makes a good point...with deviant diety being a tweak we now have, do we want to be reliant on only h20 as food? im removing my vote for h20vore.

It pisses me off that all of you are willing to screw up the normal food habits of all races for what you think is beneficial....
And you were willing so screw up the use of all races because you believed it was beneficial not to have skaven. So shut up and sit down. I'm more than happy to work things out and make changes when people give reasons, but I am aiming to support our civilisation as a whole, so I don't give a damn about what the races would normally do or eat.
BadgeAddict wrote:I think we are severely limiting ourselves by being able to eat only water. What happens if the ocean we sail upon was made of oil, or sand, or air....I want my people to eat real food dammit.
We'll be on water. Stop it with the ifs and buts. There's a reason this stuff is put to a vote; so the popular opinion wins out.
BadgeAddict wrote:Can you guys answer me this at least....why not mundivore (would still let you eat water)
There you go, Badge. This is how you make people change their votes. You present a good alternative, rather than just complaining about not liking it. As for why nobody voted for it; because the mundi part make it look mundane, and we don't want to be mundane. Now, with Aegis' confirmation on consuming water:

I'm changing my votes to;
(1) Mundivore
(3) Pro
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Davecom3
Chronically Blathering

Post by Davecom3 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:00 pm

Minotaurs start as what alignment? I can calculate alignment if you wish.

Bahamut
Whispers Softly

Post by Bahamut » Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:01 pm

Yeah, swap to Mundivore, Pro.

Kelten
Converses Frequently

Post by Kelten » Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:06 pm

i dont think mother was a dragon.
Cockroach, yah thats the word im looking for. We are the kids that survive anything... And eat anything...
Oh god.
thats even worse then living on H20...

Pleas say that we at least can enjoy a meal, and have a feast, not just munsh away on wood and plaits with equal enthusiasm as roasted apples and ham...

Davecom3
Chronically Blathering

Post by Davecom3 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:08 pm

Plenty of stuff to feast on.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:10 pm

We can eat anything, but who's to say we can't enjoy good food?
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:15 pm

Let me know if i missed anything...
► Show Spoiler