Civilization 6: ENTRIES for 2nd Round CLOSED

Home to all current Forum Games.
Kelten
Converses Frequently
UStream Username: Kelten

Re: Civilization 6: ENTRIES for 2nd Round OPEN

Post by Kelten » Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:39 am

seeing as water contains no carbon, im guessing we are more like plants... Drinking water and taking carbon-dioxide from the air. Fotosyntes for the win! :D
Knot that we need to know that. We just drink water and stay alive...
Click here if you want to beat me up!

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:44 am

Nikohl; H2Ovore, being pirates, means we have access to sustenance whenever in our own environment (Aegis has confirmed we can consume salt water). Having Toxic would also probably mean even if the ocean were polluted it wouldn't matter, so the drawback from H2Ovore is pretty seriously reduced. Other than that, I have no strong opinions.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:03 am

or not.....how bout not forcing your desire to eat water on the tribe as a whole......I don't want my half-breeds who are already weird freaks to be even more weird....CAUSE THEY EAT WATER!!!!!

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:17 am

Why are you so opposed to the complete lack of starvation?
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:39 am

I wanna be normal....ish

Lets make a deal, I'll vote H20 & Pro....locking out extra arms, resource poor- and accelerated maturity.

we'll get double rolls on everything....who's with me?

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:46 am

Let me know if i missed anything...
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by BadgeAddict on Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bahamut
Whispers Softly

Post by Bahamut » Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:06 am

I'll be dropping Lawful Connections for toxic

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:19 am

You know...assuming that the oceans are only going to have salt in them is rather simplistic...
If I dissolve just a touch of anything else and boom...useless to all you H20vores...

Like the bromine or sulfer found in earth sea water...
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:23 am

Actually, with the immensity of the ocean, it would take quite a lot to actually create any pollution, because it would dissolve and spread so thin that it wouldn't matter. It'd be like putting a drop of water on a cracker the size of the US and saying the entire thing is now soaked. And, at the same time, if we got Toxic we'd be safe from that.
My game:

My characters:

Kide
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Kide » Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:25 am

Hmmh..... I had tried to put my vote on the interracial+ thing too that did not go thought before so to speak, but my own fault that. ^^

I will switch my vote for Redstone and Pro for now.

You may choose 4 "cost" of Tweaks
(-1) 7 - H20Vore (Bahamut, Dlover, Madmartin, NewOne, DaveCom, D34d, Gathers)
(-1) 6 - Redstone (Alaen, Kida, Badge, Dlover, NewOne, Kide)
(-1) 5 - UnderDark Connections (Bahamut, Madmartin, D34d, Dlover, Kelten)
(-2) 4 - Interracial+ (Chuck, Madmartin, SVM, Davecom)
(-1) 4 - Space (Kelten, D34d, Saru, Quarg)
(-1) 3 - Claws (Alaen, Dlover, SVM)
(-3) 3 - PRO (Gathers, Badge, Kide)
(-1) 2 - Dead Magic Zone (Bahamut, Kida)
(-1) 1 - Carnivore (Kelten)
(-2) 1 - Celestial Event+ (Alaen)
(-1) 1 - Giant (kelten)
(-1) 1 - HiveMind (NewOne)
(-1) 1 - Lava Layer (SVM)
(-1) 1 - Lawful Connections (Bahamut)
(-1) 1 - Low Magic (Kida)
(-1) 1 - Nightstalker (Davecom)
(-1) 1 - nomadic (Chuck, Madmartin)
(-1) 1 - Population- (Chuck)
(-1) 1 - Toxic (Dlover)
(-1) 1 - Valley (Quarg)
(-1) 1 - Warpstone Deposit (NewOne)

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:29 am

Who said anything about poisoning the water....I'm talking trace stuff disolved in it by the Gods here

Also remember taking toxic means:

no civilizations nearby and workable resources are few and far between

So first we'll have a war for the three existing boats and the remainder of the population will lay about at the center of there maze but only able to eat and f*** to their hearts content and die from exposure since they won't actually have much to build shelter out of...

Both of these look like Pandora boxes that we're going to find a nasty surprise once we open them up...
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:43 am

Hmm... Yes, I suppose you're right. But at the same time, we've had confirmation from Aegis that we would have developed to be able to deal with stuff naturally in the sea.
My game:

My characters:

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:47 am

One thing I will point is that if we have H2Ovore, we can go for the perks that cost us extra food without any disadvantage. We could take fast breeding without having to worry about the increase in food consumption.
Righteous OneVengeful One in Goblin Adventurer's League
Righteous Charger in Capture the flag
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

Kelten
Converses Frequently

Post by Kelten » Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:53 am

I think the H20 will be crippling in the aspect as that is ALL we can eat... as it is now, the races are spread from herbivore to carnivore quite evenly, so we could survive on a multitude of foods, not to mention all food plundered from ships.
But living on only water... It could cripple us a lot. What if we get Algae blooming when we are out to sea? Or if a freeking god turns the sea to blood?
Stranger things have hapend!

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:01 am

I vote Pro at this stage.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:10 am

Kelten wrote:I think the H20 will be crippling in the aspect as that is ALL we can eat... as it is now, the races are spread from herbivore to carnivore quite evenly, so we could survive on a multitude of foods, not to mention all food plundered from ships.
But living on only water... It could cripple us a lot. What if we get Algae blooming when we are out to sea? Or if a freeking god turns the sea to blood?
Stranger things have hapend!
Now, I have no prior involvement in this stuff to know what can happen, but that sounds like the sort of stuff that would only happen if we did something to make it happen.

I'd also like to ask, why are people now concerned about food sources when you were avidly trying to get the tweak which eliminates nearly all resources? And if it's that you've been planning on stealing the food we need, even if the ocean became tainted, any ship we encountered would have water, since it's needed to live, whether you are an H2Ovore or not, so we could steal it as readily as any other food.
My game:

My characters:

Jibjib
Game Master

Post by Jibjib » Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:14 am

1. H2Ovore
2. Toxic
3. Redstone
4. Valley
Psychosis is such an ugly word... I prefer Internalised Reality Warping.

"Theis, you can't touch my boobies, at least buy me dinner first!" ~Asks, 09/08/2014

Kelten
Converses Frequently

Post by Kelten » Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:21 am

dlover, dont you know aegis? I can just imagine the evil smug grin crawling up his face as he sees what we are voting for...

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:05 am

Nikohl -- You've got Phoenix. I don't have a problem with that. A Metis is a surprise... let alone Alpha of the pack? o.O I'm surprised Eater of Spiders wouldn't eat HIM too.
*looks at the names* Someone must have read the Silk And Honey and Locus webcomics (someone named "Eater of Spiders" is a Wight in those stories)
As for being more than one Silver Pack, it's a big world. Maybe one to a continent or something; the idea of one only never sat well with me. I'd say you still bear the mantle of Silver, though you won't meet another Pack of that rank, so to speak.
I'm going to be playing Garou as "lawful, more druidic" versions of normal werewolves. I don't know a -thing- about Gifts or anything else, it's been too long and I'm not interested in adapting everything from the original rulebooks online. You'll get powers and stuff before the game starts, but it won't be like anything you're used to from the books.
Kelten wrote:But living on only water... It could cripple us a lot. What if we get Algae blooming when we are out to sea? Or if a freaking god turns the sea to blood?
First rule of gaming: Never give the DM ideas! I can work with this... and so can a malevolent Deviant Deity...
Kelten wrote:dlover, dont you know aegis? I can just imagine the evil smug grin crawling up his face as he sees what we are voting for...
Heh heh heh. It is vastly amusing, yes. Stuff like this makes for a wonderful thought experiment. "How would that even WORK?!"
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Capricornian/

It's Always Something. No, don't give me that look. It's Always Something.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:31 am

Aegis makes a good point...with deviant diety being a tweak we now have, do we want to be reliant on only h20 as food? im removing my vote for h20vore.

It pisses me off that all of you are willing to screw up the normal food habits of all races for what you think is beneficial....

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:34 am

Alright, I've finished the lists of Pros and Cons, with a few moderate changes here and there. I have the finalized list ready, but I'm not going to post it yet because that would influence voting for the second round of Tweaks. I will list things as they stand BEFORE edits; these are ALL of the Pros and Cons that your Civilization is getting. I'm not going to say what stacks/gets amplified/reduced and what doesn't, I'd much rather see your theories while I sit here with the notepad file in my paws. :) if you're wondering how the hell I'm keeping track of all of this, your guess is as good as mine and we'll see how the Civilization shapes out.
► Show Spoiler
I MAY ask people to resubmit their builds for their races later, or do that during the Prologue, now that you're all armed with this knowledge. I'd rather also not give you ten ships straight away. Maybe six or seven. I'll decide when I close entries and see what the final Tweaks are and how they apply.

D34dlock
Is Heard Often

Post by D34dlock » Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:51 am

My guess is normal in the water stuff like algae won't be a problem. Excepting Red tides the worst case would be using a solar still or some kelp "paper" or something as a filter. We have steampunk the ease of the solution would mean little if any hardship.

Seas to blood is a God ending the world type of event. We did not have Post Apocalyptic as unlockable or chosen by random Tweak. It's unlikely to come up at all except as a way to end the game.

All that said
Space + Deviant Deity means means we who do not have spiritual power will have to deal with something new, a Deity, a Deviant one at that. The research to find out what it wants & find ways to use magic will be hard. Possibly an interesting story. It could also mean the Deity is a crazed malfunctioning AI, or someone that digitally transcended & does not match the nature of the gods of this world.

Toxic is awesome when combined with H2Ovore. Simple Celled & Formicids get better.
I'm still reading shifters.

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:53 am

That's assuming Space makes it. I haven't doublechecked at the moment. As an aside:

Chelydrians breed every 3 years at a rate of 25% and are egg-layers. Kids take 3 years to mature. Their alignment starts as Neutral.
Ogres breed every 3 years at a rate of 55%. Kids take 4 years to mature. Their alignment starts as Neutral Evil.
Dwarves breed every 5 years at a rate of 75%. Kids take 4 years to mature. Their alignment starts as Lawful Good.
Orcs breed every 2 years at a rate of 55%. Kids take 3 years to mature and 15% will not survive their coming of age. Their alignment starts as Neutral Evil.
Grippli breed every 2 years at a rate of 55% and their kids take 3 years to mature. Their alignment starts as Neutral Good. They are egg-layers and require special spawning pools.
Ponies breed every 2 years at a rate of 65%. Kids take 3 years to mature. Their alignment starts as Lawful Good.
Drow breed every 2 years at a rate of 45%. Kids take 2 years to mature. Their alignment starts as Neutral Evil.
The Simple Celled "divide" every two years at a rate of 100%. There are no "kids" as such. Their alignment starts as Neutral.
Formicids breed every year at a rate of 95%. Kids take 1 year to mature but require an exotic mix of compounds "Royal Jelly". Their alignment starts as Neutral.
Skyborne breed every 2 years at a rate of 50%. Kids take 2 years to mature. Their alignment starts as Neutral. They are egg-layers.
Maeterra breed every 2 years at a rate of 35%. Kids take 3 years to mature. Their alignment starts as Neutral Good.

Garou are separate; they breed every 7 years, at a rate of 25%. Kids take 8 years to mature, and births are a very noteworthy event. Their alignment starts as Lawful Neutral.

3+3+5+2+2+2+2+2+1+2+2 = 26 / 11 Races = 2.3 Years Birth Rate
3+4+4+3+3+3+2+2+1+2+3 = 30 Maturity / 10 Races (no Simple Celled) = Kids take 3 years to Mature
Roughly 10% (The Formicids) will require Royal Jelly
15% will not survive Coming of Age (those emulating Orcish traditions suffer by them as well!)

Alignment has been translated into a number (so Lawful Good would be 1, Lawful Neutral 2, etc; True Neutral 5, Chaotic Evil would be 9)
5+6+1+6+4+1+6+5+5+5+4+2 = 47 / 12 Races = 3.9 (The Civ to start is considered Lawful Evil)

Gathers (Drow and Minos): Supreme Magical Skill, Spider Affinity, Cannot Tolerate Sunlight, Spidertouched, Extremely Robust, Healthy Population, Horns are valuable, Wild Animal
NLK (Ogres and Drow): Spiritually Stable, Big And Strong, Magic Poor, Dumb As A Rock, Swordsmanship, Spider Affinity, Lloth's Vengance, Spidertouched
Badge (Bullfrogs): Very Big And Very Strong, Extremely Robust, Wild Animal, Very Stubborn to New Ideas, Smite Evil, Natural Armor, Spiritually Open, Cold Blooded

The Drow stuff doesn't stack, nor does the Grippli stuff, because others chose those races beforehand. The Minotaur stuff on the other hand, does add to the civilization overall. The Bullfrogs are Cold Blooded.

Kelten
Converses Frequently

Post by Kelten » Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:08 am

i dont get how 3.9 makes us Lawful Evil.wouldn't that be between lawful neutral and true nutral?
Ah... but wouldent that be closer to 4? true good?

D34dlock
Is Heard Often

Post by D34dlock » Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:18 am

Guess we need something to push it over the limit. Can we squeeze 1 more voter to shift it? Would it have been better if he calculated each alinement axis separately?
I'm still reading shifters.