Shipwrecked!

Home to all current Forum Games.
TeaWeed
Whispers Softly
Posts: 45

Re: Shipwrecked!

Post by TeaWeed » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:17 pm

"hhm, thats neat... Sandro leans forward and spit as far as he's able to into the depths of the chasm.

When hearing of the undead, he wrinkles his brow in worry. He mumbles to himself "Undead, eww! men ought to stay dead, not natural to keep walking after getting feathered in the spleen.

He continues while adressing the rest of the survivors "I don't know what them undead normally do, but i'l say we ought to be glad they don't come our way...

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation
Posts: 901

Re: Shipwrecked!

Post by Jacon » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:53 pm

Cranberry looks down into the chasm but otherwise seems happy to just mumble to himself next to Ala

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 7395

Re: Shipwrecked!

Post by Theis2 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:21 am

Turn 6
Most of the group stares at the boss promptly when they hear about the undead. There are many comments and open thoughts about it but only Ala ask him about the current undead threat. You suspect there are zombies or skeletons? Are you not sure? Do you know anyone here who could be doing such a thing?
"Oh, I don't suspect their existence, that I know since I fought them before. I suspect they might upset the peace by attacking the beach tonight. I don't know who, why or what is controlling them except they roam the mountains in the east. not all of them are hostile though. We better get going now."

You follow the man down towards the small road again and quickly move along to make it to the village. at some point you turn right away from the road to something that looks like a shoddy path but just functional enough to get a cart through it without too much trouble. You make your way down into a valley, and soon after you see a cluster of large buildings. As you get closer you see women and children unloading the carts into a building, and some of the men run around the place gathering equipment for fighting. The boss run down to the others without a word, and help them gather and donning the equipment. You find yourself in the outskirts of the small village.
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by Theis2 on Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
askstoomuch
Fumbles More Than Fumbles
Posts: 4204

Re: Shipwrecked!

Post by askstoomuch » Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:25 am

boldal walks up to one of the villagers
"hey bro, is there anything to drink around here I"m thirsty "
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2020 - Come have a drink

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 17124
Location: Florida

Re: Shipwrecked!

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:44 am

Ala looks around at the villagers with concern. She follows the boss down to the carts,

"Are you expecting an attack here tonight? If you have need of an additional shield, I would be glad to stand watch with your people."

User avatar
I'mBob
Game Master
Posts: 2102
Location: The Holy Land

Re: Shipwrecked!

Post by I'mBob » Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:20 am

"The goblins are going to attack here? Can I be of any help? I'm an expert archer and scout." Beleak says to the boss.
► Show Spoiler
This account is on a hiatus until unknown.

TeaWeed
Whispers Softly
Posts: 45

Re: Shipwrecked!

Post by TeaWeed » Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:50 am

Worried by the signs of imminent attack, Sandro moves towards the town square ( if it can be called that ) while studying both the town and the surounding land.

Is there any of the buildings who look to be easily climbable, and can the roofs support the weight of one or more men? Is it possible to fire a bow effienctly from the rooftops?

Outside the village, is there any sort of heavy undergrowth or other cover in which enemies might sneak up close to the village in? If there is, Sandro points it out to the defenders.

"Seems like we can't just leave them to fend for themselves. If you need me, i'l be on the highest rooftop feathering any corpses who might come shambling. He says towards Ala, who seem like the most militant of the survivors.
► Show Spoiler

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation
Posts: 901

Re: Shipwrecked!

Post by Jacon » Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:06 am

Cranberry stands by Ala and watches people gathering weapons and shields. For a moment he remembers standing in the center of a burnt village, the bodies of the townsfolk scattered about, slashed to ribbons by swords or shot down by arrows. For a moment Cranberries eyes flickers with arcane magic and he feels anger. That should not happen here.

" I will help as well." he says.

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 13298

Re: Shipwrecked!

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:26 pm

"Wait... The village is going to be attacked? It appears to be so with defences being raised... I, err... I guess I can fling some spells if necessary. Use some of my conjuration..."

"...Who am I kidding, like a beast that is brought in existence for 10 seconds is going to make the difference..."

User avatar
lingrem
Former Mod
Posts: 3947
Location: North of the Middle of Nowhere.

Re: Shipwrecked!

Post by lingrem » Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:55 pm

Morgan whispers quietly back to Rhubarb, instructing him to squeak twice if anything dangerous comes up ((can you roll to see if she has successfully trained him in something like that? It's the sort of thing she'd do since she often carries him in her backpack if he isn't in the water))

She then trots down to the village and looks for an appropriate place to position herself for the night if there's a fight.
Felicia Faustus in Shipwrecked!

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 7395

Re: Shipwrecked!

Post by Theis2 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:05 am

Turn 7

Boldal walks up to one of the villagers and the first he meets is two men getting studded leather armor on while helping each other one at a time.
"hey bro, is there anything to drink around here I"m thirsty "
The villager helping the other snarls at Boldal
Can't you see this isn't the time for this!

"Are you expecting an attack here tonight? If you have need of an additional shield, I would be glad to stand watch with your people."
"The goblins are going to attack here?"
"Wait... The village is going to be attacked? It appears to be so with defences being raised... I, err... I guess I can fling some spells if necessary. Use some of my conjuration..."
The boss is equiping a breastplace with the help from a woman when you ask the questions.
"Hmmph. I was pretty sure I told you they would go for the beach. If we can kill them before they reach the greenkin, we can avoid wage war with us in the middle!
Feel free to come along if you can handle yourself in combat but be warned they are dangerous."

"Can I be of any help? I'm an expert archer and scout."
"Sure I got some men running out with torches in a moment to light up an area we expect them to pass. They'll be going in a moment while we get the last things ready."

Sandro looks around the small village which doesn't take much time since it only consist of about 10 houses. They seem climbable but the rooftops doesn't seem like a good spot to stand since it got a very steep angle. He refrains from climbing it when he hear the boss mention the city is not what is going to be attacked.
Outside the city is very rocky and there are several rocks, rubble and the like to hide behind on the way down but moving down into the valley not using the path they came through would leave you open to ranged attacks since there are many places where you have to climb to reach another ledge.

Morgan also looks around to find a place to position herself. There isn't any abundance of strategic terrain except the buildings and the cliffs on all sides except the path they used to get in. She could either be inside a building to have cover from ranged attacks on all sides or stand behind a building to be in cover for one or two sides at most
► Show Spoiler
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
I'mBob
Game Master
Posts: 2102
Location: The Holy Land

Re: Shipwrecked!

Post by I'mBob » Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:49 am

"Than I shall follow them and help them anyway I can" Beleak says and prepares to get with them. If they go, he goes with them.
► Show Spoiler
This account is on a hiatus until unknown.

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 13298

Re: Shipwrecked!

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:54 am

"...Yeah, okay. I... Guess we must all contribute, for the greater good and all that stuff." Jasper says as he follows the rest- Looking for a good place he could relatively safely lob spells from.

TeaWeed
Whispers Softly
Posts: 45

Re: Shipwrecked!

Post by TeaWeed » Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:20 pm

"So you're going to march out and meetthem?" Sandro looks incredulous towards the leader.

He wonders for a few moments, seeming torn on what to do, he then sighes and say "With those "greenkins" arround I might as well go with you..."

"Do any of you spell-slingers know how to "kill" them? Fire arrows? or just lots of steel?.."He quirks an eyebrow towards Jaspers and Cranberry, hoping they might have an efficient way of fighting the undead.

If and when the main group leaves the village, Sandro will move with them, trying to stay out of harm's way.

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 13298

Re: Shipwrecked!

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:24 pm

"I honestly don't know" Jasper says as he turns to Sandro. "I never learned much about undead... I think there's spells that are made especially to destroy them though. But I think clerics or paladins tend to use those spells more often than mages do."

User avatar
askstoomuch
Fumbles More Than Fumbles
Posts: 4204

Re: Shipwrecked!

Post by askstoomuch » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:19 pm

boldal walks around looking for a drink, unaware of any dangers coming
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2020 - Come have a drink

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation
Posts: 901

Re: Shipwrecked!

Post by Jacon » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:39 pm

"Do any of you spell-slingers know how to "kill" them? Fire arrows? or just lots of steel?.."
" Well.." Cranberry says thinking deeply. " I think if I take this," Holding up his staff, " and bash them over the head with it a couple of times they tend to stop moving... I could also try to fry their guts with a shock spell I know and zap them with cold spell ....But I think the head bashing thing would work better.."

User avatar
lingrem
Former Mod
Posts: 3947
Location: North of the Middle of Nowhere.

Re: Shipwrecked!

Post by lingrem » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:43 pm

"This has just not been our lucky day today, Rhubarb," Morgan says as she unattaches her spear from her backpack.

To the Boss she calls out "What's your battle plan here? Is there an area that's good to trap them in? From what I've heard of undead they aren't particularly clever, being dead and all..."
Felicia Faustus in Shipwrecked!

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 13298

Re: Shipwrecked!

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:48 pm

"Wait... Hitting it with a staff? I thought being a mage was all about flinging around lightning and destroying everything in your path with arcane magic!"

"...Well, once you actually become a little bit experienced. But, still, actually... Hitting them?"
Jasper says as he weighs his quarterstaff around a bit.

"I think I'd rather use this crossbow then."

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation
Posts: 901

Re: Shipwrecked!

Post by Jacon » Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:04 pm

" Well, thats a part of magic...I remember I once blew up a market doing that kind of thing. It tends to get out of hand so I prefer spells that don't set things on fire or hitting things with a staff. Most wizards tend to dislike getting that close to being stabbed, beheaded, slashed etc but I find it quite a rush...

Than he starts going through his spell book.

" Their was this one spell, use to make me near invulnerable, give me scales to and big teeth and...." Cranberry trails off and starts to mutter to himself.

User avatar
I'mBob
Game Master
Posts: 2102
Location: The Holy Land

Re: Shipwrecked!

Post by I'mBob » Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:07 pm

"Mmffhh, wizards. Always think they can do everything.." Beleak mumbles to himself.
► Show Spoiler
This account is on a hiatus until unknown.

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 13298

Re: Shipwrecked!

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:09 pm

"If they're powerful maybe. Currently the pinnacle of my power is summoning a... Badger. So yeah. Not really that powerful."

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation
Posts: 901

Re: Shipwrecked!

Post by Jacon » Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:16 pm

"Sounds like one hell of a party trick though."

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 13298

Re: Shipwrecked!

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:22 pm

"I suppose so. Should teach Raz here some tricks. He's quite smart really, but I think he won't do anything for less than a piece of cheese."

"Anyways... Don't you have a familiar? Mages more often than not travel with a little companion, no?"

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation
Posts: 901

Re: Shipwrecked!

Post by Jacon » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:06 pm

Hrm. Oh yes, Porky. I'm certain he's around here somewhere. Scuffling in garbage no doubt...He always finds me eventually.

Post Reply