Shipwrecked!

Home to all current Forum Games.
M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Re: Shipwrecked!

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:14 pm

"Yeah." Jasper muses- "Seems you got the brunt of it, at least. You appear to be a completely different species."

"I suppose this still fits my theory, except luckily it was not as drastic as I had thought. It merely appears that the greater our differences with the red god, the more... Drastic his... 'Gift'. You as paladin seemed to have gotten the blunt end of the stick."

"To be fair though, while I have little doubt you're Ala, that might just be optimism- We'd have to make sure, so... Ala, tell us something only Ala would know."

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:36 pm

"Yeah! Your voice is close... but sounds a bit off..."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:30 pm

"The Red God didn't do this! This was a gift from Bahamut with the blessing of Heironeus (I assume)!

But you're right. I wouldn't trust me either looking like this.

Cranberry and I first met on the shore after a shipwreck. I gave him my cloak and helped you to the nearby village where I also met Darfel and Jasper. We fought zombies that day and everyone nearly died except for me, but I at least got this belt. I helped heal everyone by exploding an ice mushroom in the healing tent. We left after that to hunt down the source of the necromancy, but got distracted by some cave en route where Jasper and I nearly got eaten by a giant bug, Cranberry tried to ride a mine cart into the depths on his own, we got attacked by Stirges and then met a bunch of disappointingly animated mushrooms. After that, I ate another mushroom that made me invisible, Darfel got slapped by ghosts, we found my armour behind a dragon-face door and then an orc village where almost everyone was evil and that damned blacksmith was a racist. Cranberry picked a fight that went as well as would be expected, but we also learned about an evil Dragon God being worshipped by Duergar so we left the village and went to solve that problem. We found Henry in a cage and rescued him, then got distracted again by some wizard who was mutating orcs so we went to arrest him. It didn't go well either. Then, we realised we'd managed to run out of food, so we raided a kobold camp (which had no food either) and then ended up here.

Oh! And I've made it my personal mission to stay with Cranberry because I suspect he may have forgotten that he used to be an evil, and very powerful sorcerer who keeps calling you Lurtz for some reason. Also, you are terrible at summoning astral wildlife; Darfel likes to fight people and call it "praying"; and Henry is... well... he's pretty new to the group, but he definitely didn't have those wings yesterday."

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:13 pm

"ALA!", Darfel bellows, dropping axe and staff to run forward to wrap her in a bear hug, a grin splitting across his hairy face. "Ooof, you must weigh almost as much as I do now... ", he remarks obliviously after trying to lift her in a hug.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:13 pm

Ala grins a slightly creepy reptilian grin and hugs Darfel back.

"So what happened to you all? After we touched the bowl I was spoken to by... Bahamut... I think. He did this. Did he bless you all too? "

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:36 pm

"I don't know who did what. I felt like... something was trying to talk to me, but not with words, you know? Don't think it was a god, it seemed freaked out... Hey Cranberry! I guess we can't complain about our scaly parts anymore... all of Ala's parts are scaly!", he flushes slightly "Errr... ah, that is, I assume so... from what I can see... ALA! It's good to have you back!" , he finally breaks off awkwardly, clapping her on the shoulder, a bit wierded out that he now has to reach much higher to do so.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:41 pm

"Welcome back Ala." Jasper says, clearly not nearly as excited as Darfel is, but seeming genuinely relieved none the less.

"So... It talked to you guys..? To me it just imbued me with wisdom, and then the presence quickly faded. I stick to my theory it was the red god, since while I'm not familiar with Bahamut, I doubt a good aligned god would gift people in this way... But I suppose someone who actually heard something comprehensible might be better suited to make judgement."

"Besides, we still don't know what the red god actually IS."

"Anyways... Now with all this out of the way, I guess we are once again en route to the wizards..?"

"Would have been great if 'Bahamut'-"
Jasper speaks, still obviously skeptical about such prospects- "Provided some rations for the way... I guess we'll survive on berries a bit longer."

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:09 pm

"Well, what about the creature who were here yesterday? Maybe they have food to share?"

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:18 pm

"Well, we tried looking for it considering your... Predicament. We didn't find any secret passages, no sign of it, and if it could hear us, it ignored both our threats and our pleas, so..." Jasper says, shrugging.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:09 pm

"Huh... That's weird. I was sure I saw someone here..."

Ala looks for a doorway or some evidence of a doorway that might have made the grinding stone noise she heard before. If she finds it, she'll check to see if there's an obvious way of opening it.

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:45 am

Henry is glad to see that there's no unnecessary violence he needs to halt and stands there pretty much flabberghasted during most of the conversation, just staring at the new and improved Ala.

"I didn't hear any words, no one talked to me. It was just like some knowledge was ... inserted into my mind somehow. What did ... whoever did this with us say to you?" he speaks up finally, twitching his wings slightly in curiosity.
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:41 am

"There was a voice... It said that it had permission from Bahamut to offer me a blessing and that if I stayed in the egg I would be transformed into one of the Dragonborn. I think... they also granted me new knowledge about how to fight dragons. This is so strange.

The voice also told me that we could find answers by heading East-South-East to a place where everything is bigger, but I don't know what that means. I think it was trying to help us though. I prayed to Heironeus all day and night in that egg and I felt nothing that made me think this was the wrong decision to make. Now I'm back, I just feel stronger!"

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:12 am

Henry wraps his wings around him in a kind of protective gesture, also attempting to see how well he might hide then, under a wide cloak or such. "Well, hopefully it is worth looking so very different now and having all sorts of people react to us differently because of that, as well."

After this, he looks for a tree (or a big rock etc.) to climb and test out his wings a bit, getting some practice with the gliding and such.
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Sun Jul 24, 2016 4:55 pm

Cranberry stares dumbly at everyone has he tries to comprehend all that is being said. Finally he realizes that the strange dragon thing in front of him is Ala and he rushes forward giving her a gripping bear hug.
" Oh Ala I was so worried, and look how you grow, your almost as big as me.." He says laughing. He puts her down and than remembers something she said.
Wait, am evil....I don't remember that, and he is Lurtz, he looks just like him and...." Cranberrys brow wrinkles as he examines Jesper, he's eyes full of confusion.
" I could have sworn, your were Lurtz." He says weakly looking at Jesper as he body begins to hunch over again as if he's losing his usual surprisingly youthful like energy. " I don't feel evil..."

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:09 pm

"I didn't hear words talking... just could tell something was in trouble, but in my head, you know? Oooh! Ala, I can make fire now, so I can slash and burn our enemies to honor Tempus! ... and your guy too, I suppose."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:07 pm

Ala laughs and hugs cranberry back, lifting him a little off his feet.

"Sorry cranberry... You had an... Episode a while ago. I don't know if to was you, or something else but... Well, it was powerful. Like this, now, I don't believe you ARE evil. And I will stay with you for as long as I need to to make sure you don't lose yourself to that power again."

To darfel:
"Hah! Thats great! I think I can do something similar but I haven't tried it yet... Hold on... "

Ala half-retches, coughs and splutters for a good few moments before she finally figures out her physiology and uses her breath weapon.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:22 pm

"Show-offs." Jasper silently mutters, deciding not to display his own new powers by casting webs over the floors. Mostly because he doesn't think anyone would be particularly impressed, even though they should potentially prove to provide a great utility... Although knowing their luck, every single enemy they'd encounter in the future would now be flying.

"So you got directions? Another path we could be following..?"

"I mean, I guess it can't get much worse for Ala if we encounter another one of these, but some of you might get the full package... Actually, maybe Ala would turn into a full dragon..? I'm not sure if I'd consider that horrible, or awesome."

"Anyways... Won't taking that direction take us into the desert..? The desert we very intently avoided, even though we wanted to visit the city at it's center, because we had no means of protecting us against the desert heat?"

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:48 pm

Ala waits for jasper to finish pondering all possible eventualities out loud. When he's done, she simply says:

"If there are answers there, we should seek them out. The gods have shown us a path. Explicitly! Do you understand how rare this is? And if it's nothing more than a trick from the Red God... Well, we shall show them what we can do now! "

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:12 pm

"I don't much care for the gods..." Jasper grumbles- "But I guess you're right. Here's hoping the gods throw us some shade and some pointers on how we're supposed to find answers in a huge desert then, I guess."

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:49 pm

Cranberry bounces back after Alas comments standing to his full height again/
"Oo a desert huh? I know a great thri-keen scorpion roast recipe! We better get some bottles or something, gonna need all the water we can take."

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:59 pm

"Isn't there a spell that can help with that..?" Jasper asks, picking up his spellbook for a quick browsing... Before eventually shutting it, seeming to grumble something that very much resembles "Seems like I don't have bigby's great water pouch filling spell..."

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:57 pm

"Pretty sure I've already told you guys I can MAKE water... we just need somewhere to put it..."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:00 pm

" I know thats why we need bottles!

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:01 pm

"But we don't need to TAKE water, just me. Something to put it in just makes it easier so I don't have to create it above our heads while we tip them back and drink fast."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:58 pm

"... Don't you guys have waterskins?"