Shipwrecked!

Home to all current Forum Games.
lingrem
Former Mod

Re: Shipwrecked!

Post by lingrem » Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:34 am

"No worries about the drink! It sounds like a pretty small place... haven't you ever left the island?" Morgan says, trying to resist the urge to tease Larry as his fellow villagers are. "How about the rest of you? Ever left your village?" she says, addressing the other locals nearby.
Felicia Faustus in Shipwrecked!

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:45 am

"Why not if I may ask? The greenkin again? Or the lack of resources required to sustain them?"

"... I am also becoming to regret not learning the mount spell when I was still studying."

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:57 am

► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:00 am

Oh Alaaa...

I'mBob
Game Master

Post by I'mBob » Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:15 am

"Can you point me the way to the village?" Beleak asks "the boss".

Assuming he gets the directions, he heads in the direction he was told and goes to the village. if he gets there without any trouble he searches the local Inn.
► Show Spoiler
This account is on a hiatus until unknown.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:08 pm

Ala is still grumpy after being pulled off the beach, but figures that if she's going to sulk she might as well be useful at the same time. She pauses while the others head out to say a small prayer for the dead, wishing them peace and honour in the next life. Once the main group has moved on a little way, she takes a final quick look around and then moves to bring up the rear, keeping her ears and eyes open for any sign of monsters or these 'green kin'.

She uses the time to herself to contemplate the strange little island and to wonder why she has been placed on this particular path.

[Spot check: 11 (Roll 10 + 1)]

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:05 pm

Cranberry tries to impress the island dwellers and his fellow shipwrecked crew with card and coin tricks ( he has at least one gold piece for such things.) twirling between his fingers and making cards vanish and than appear from inside a mans shirt. At his grand finale he shoots off another bright flare into the air and than takes a bow even if no one is watching...
" Thank you, Thank you, I am the great and mighty Cranberry, Master of all matter and magic. Conjurer of cards and coins and the bringer of sleep!"

( sleight of hand +4 for tricks.)

TeaWeed
Whispers Softly

Post by TeaWeed » Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:55 pm

Sandro watches Cranberry with keen interest, nodding once in a while when he spots a trick he has seen before.

After the final├® Sandro claps his hands and smile towards the elderly man. Fairly impressive, I must admit that those magic tricks sure do spice it up a bit. I know a fairly good shell game we could play once we reach the village, assuming you're up for the challenge He grins towards Cranberry, clearly hoping to goad the man on.
► Show Spoiler

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:20 pm

Fairly impressive, I must admit that those magic tricks sure do spice it up a bit. I know a fairly good shell game we could play once we reach the village, assuming you're up for the challenge
Cranberries face lights up as he puts his deck of cards away.
" Oooo, A game. I haven't played a game like that since I was in the capital of.......somewhere. Yes! lets play shells when we get to the village!"
Cranberry continues to shamble along but while doing so looking for a walking stick/staff to carry and use.

( I believe +2 to spot.)

TeaWeed
Whispers Softly

Post by TeaWeed » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:14 pm

"Will be a pleasure"

Sandro returns to watching for "green kins" while humming slighly

( 1d20 + 0 spot, to watch for movement )

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:19 am

what no booze, I need a drink bro IÔÇÖm thirsty, come bro let's go find us a inn or something
The boss sighs rather loudly at the question
ÔÇØThere still isnÔÇÖt an inn nearby..ÔÇØ

The group keeps trudging along, some of the scavengers gazes back towards the beach making a motion with their hand before moving on. Ala stays back for a moment praying for save arrival to the afterlife for the dead. She looks around, but still only sees hills and sparse growth of plants around her before she catches up to the group but without an answer to her wondering.

Morgan finishes her questioning of the embarrassed Larry "No worries about the drink! It sounds like a pretty small place... haven't you ever left the island?"
ÔÇØNope, always been here.ÔÇØ
Morgan continues speaking to the rest of the people.
"How about the rest of you? Ever left your village?"
Most of them just look in her general direction and shakes their head but one of them speaks up.
ÔÇØMost of us only leave the village to go scouting to see who we can expect to arrive at the beach.ÔÇØ

Jasper stays up front with the boss leading the way.
"Why not if I may ask? The greenkin again? Or the lack of resources required to sustain them?"
ÔÇØBoth, and not only greenkin. We have a lot of people coming up here from pretty much all around. It is rare the care about our rights in the village, and it is better to remain small and try to live of the land. ItÔÇÖs hard to do so though, so we regularly have a trader going to the silverblue city to trade for food for our village. We get our goods from the beach usually.ÔÇØ
"... I am also becoming to regret not learning the mount spell when I was still studying."
The boss lifts a brow. ÔÇØone of those lazy spell throwers?ÔÇØ
Beleak moves up closer and interrupts the two "Can you point me the way to the village?"
ÔÇØIt is straight ahead behind the hill, but we have to go around to reach the village unless you got a way for us to cross a chasm safely. The path can be a bit tricky if you donÔÇÖt know the way around, but you could just follow us there.ÔÇØ

Behind the carts Cranberry starts to perform tricks using his fellow shipwrecked people as a target for some of the tricks. Most of the scavengers donÔÇÖt even look at it as they are busy getting the carts forward. Jasper shortly loose his focus on the boss and looks at the tricks completely baffled about how he is able to do such tricks without even focusing on the spells he surely must be using for these tricks! Both Morgan and Boleak find the tricks very good as well and canÔÇÖt really figure out exactly how he does it. Ala watching from the back, just manage to see through some of the tricks as the go along. Boldals sober eyes (painful as it is) sees through some of the tricks. Sandro on the other hand have seen them all and while he act impressed he was quite certain it seemed like a slobby performance. Along the way Cranberry finds a sturdy staff to use but there does not seem to be a lot going on in the hills at the moment.
► Show Spoiler
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:01 pm

"I would hardly call it lazy! Well, perhaps in the sense that mages do less physical work... But it would be hard to say whether or not it would be more tiring really. It's hard to explain if you never used magic, but it can be quite exhausting as well."

"Besides, in my particular field I would be able to call on servants do said hard work... Why are you looking like that? What no, not necromancy! I actually never got the hang of that... Conjuration is my field. Sadly, I, ah... Lack the expertise or spells at the moment to properly show what I mean."

"Anyways, chasm? Did you guys never consider mining, or is the chasm nothing else but dead rock?"

I'mBob
Game Master

Post by I'mBob » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:22 pm

"Very good, I shall follow you." Beleak says and follows the people that are heading to the village.
► Show Spoiler
This account is on a hiatus until unknown.

askstoomuch
Fumbles More Than Fumbles

Post by askstoomuch » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:56 pm

I need a drink

head with the others to the village
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2020 - Come have a drink

TeaWeed
Whispers Softly

Post by TeaWeed » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:58 pm

I have no other actions to take, except use my dismal spot to watch for nasties... Humming or whistling a tavern song or two along the way. :)

lingrem
Former Mod

Post by lingrem » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:06 pm

Morgan just walks along as she has nothing else to do.

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:34 pm

Cranberry shuffles along using his staff to support his weight. He's a little sad that the island dwellers didn't pay much attention to his tricks.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:59 am

Ala will stay at the back of the group as they continue to the village, making spot checks as they go to see if they're being followed of if anything is moving in the hills around them.

As they pass the chasm, she'll peer over the edge to see what it looks like (is there water or ground at the bottom, is it wide or narrow, roughly how deep does it go? that sort of thing.). If she can't see the bottom, she'll chuck a stone in and listen for the sound.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:42 am

"I would hardly call it lazy! Well, perhaps in the sense that mages do less physical work... But it would be hard to say whether or not it would be more tiring really. It's hard to explain if you never used magic, but it can be quite exhausting as well."
The boss lifts a brow
Can't be that bad, are you ever sore after casting a spell? Well I guess you will be if you cast a spell for longer than 10 seconds

"Besides, in my particular field I would be able to call on servants do said hard work... Why are you looking like that? What no, not necromancy! I actually never got the hang of that... Conjuration is my field. Sadly, I, ah... Lack the expertise or spells at the moment to properly show what I mean."
"I don't know what the fuck you are talking about now, that is why I'm looking weirdly at you"

"Anyways, chasm? Did you guys never consider mining, or is the chasm nothing else but dead rock?"
"It is kind of hard to explain to new commers to the island.. We can take a look at it on the way."

The group continues on for a while and the area starts to be more solid rock underneath your feet. The terrain besides the road is uneven at best, but more often than not there are rocks sticking out of the ground in weird angles, some look like they have been sculptured to their shape as they all are a part of the ground without a doubt. The scavengers continues down the road but the boss leads you through the difficult terrain for a while and after a short climb up a sudden cliff you stand on a small plateu looking over a long and wide chasm in the ground. From what you can see the first 20-30 meters of the chasm is completely smooth and the sun seems to be reflecting in the side of the chasm. You guess the chasm is about 100 meters deep but you aren't really sure. The boss suddenly starts talking.
"To answer your question to why we don't go down this chasm watch this."
You all look at him as he stands with a copper chalice he filled with water and he throws the water (but not the chalice) over the plateu and you watch how the water gets closer to the chasm and the instantly becomes droplets of ice hailing towards the bottom.
The boss looks towards the horizon with the sun coming closer to edge.
"We got a moment before we have to leave to make it back to the village, at least I have to. We suspect there might be skeletons or zombies attacking the beach tonight."
► Show Spoiler
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

lingrem
Former Mod

Post by lingrem » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:37 pm

"Skeletons and zombies? Along with the greenkin? This sounds like a rather friendly place..." Morgan says sarcastically as she peers down the chasm. "How does your village keep itself safe?"

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:48 pm

"Not physically, no. Mentally. Though that can be crippling just as well. It's hard to explain really. And hard to say which is worse."

"Anyways, my apologies... I was assuming from your look you thought I was a necromancer, it's... The art of calling back the dead. Conjuration however is the art of calling forth creatures from other planes. Which can be admittedly evil planes, but I don't use those evidently."

Upon arriving at the chasm, Jasper stands back with a little bit of... Intrigue as he sees the water turn to ice several feet down.

"Most... Interesting. It seems there's some powerful sources of magic in these lands. And now undead?! You know the source of it? Will they attack the village?"

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:24 pm

"Skeletons and zombies? Along with the greenkin? This sounds like a rather friendly place..." "How does your village keep itself safe?"
"Primarely by being small without much value and somewhat away from the beach. That is another reason we don't have any actual husbandry here. A few times we have intervened the undeads from the east to avoid some of the larger nations decides to wage war around these parts."

"Not physically, no. Mentally. Though that can be crippling just as well. It's hard to explain really. And hard to say which is worse."
"Anyways, my apologies... I was assuming from your look you thought I was a necromancer, it's... The art of calling back the dead. Conjuration however is the art of calling forth creatures from other planes. Which can be admittedly evil planes, but I don't use those evidently."

"Huh, I guess there is a necromancer to the east then."

"Most... Interesting. It seems there's some powerful sources of magic in these lands. And now undead?! You know the source of it?"
"The mage in the village might be able to tell you more about the magic here."
"Will they attack the village?"
"I doubt it, they usually are headed for the beach, usually going for the salvage I believe."
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:28 pm

"Hmm... Undead going on a salvaging trip? Yes... That does sound very much like a necromancer."

"I'll look forward to meeting your mage then."

lingrem
Former Mod

Post by lingrem » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:23 pm

"I never knew the undead were only interested in wealth! The things you learn after being shipwrecked! But if there's a chance of a necromancer... I wonder why on earth they're living here?"

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:09 am

Ala spins round in horror at the news that there are also zombies on the island.

You suspect there are zombies or skeletons? Are you not sure? Do you know anyone here who could be doing such a thing?