Shipwrecked!

Home to all current Forum Games.
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Re: Shipwrecked!

Post by Theis2 » Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:52 pm

After a long and intense conversation with extreme amounts of distractions you finally set out and starts going through the desert. Those of you with metal armor (Darfel, Ala and Henry) are forced to take it off as the metal gets burning hot in the sun make it unbearable to touch it. During your travels through the desert you've come across a few paw prints in the sand. You've never been able to follow them as they disappear as the wind blows the sand around. Several weeks go on and you're starting to run low on food as the desert doesn't offer much, and you didn't have a whole lot in the first place. You all die of hunger, the end.

You finally see what appears to be a forest and rush off to get and a pleased to find it fertile and ripe with food as you quickly go about to satisfy your complaining stomachs. You spend a few days near the edge of the forest and desert in order to replenish your strength again and stock up on a bit of fruit and meat for when you intend to go on again. During the evening you can hear some commotion and yelling not too far away from your camp.

You gain 540 xp each for the dragon altar encounter!
As a side note I had a lot of fun with your search for the elusive "Dragon man" that never existed. What Ala heard and saw was actually the dragon you fought against and since it was made of stone, that was the source of the grinding sound. You sacrificed it pretty quickly so you didn't really have that much time to look at it though :P

I'm going to Malta this week so might probably not going to update too much, but that's no different than usual I guess :roll: But it means I'll be having a harder time posting in your guys game as well (Super handy only playing in games GM'ed by my own players!) I should have internet on the vacation, but rolling anything will be a bit hard when on the go.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:56 pm

Ala will look up at the sounds of the commotion. She'll signal to Henry to sneak towards the noise through the trees on either side to scout it out whole she pulls her armour on.

(not sure if gathers is around much now, but Henry would be a useful scout)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:59 pm

Darfel similarly suits up with Ala and presents the unstealthy front of the party.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:02 pm

Jasper silently tries to follow, holding little hope most of the party will be able to keep quiet.

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:50 pm

Henry will nod at Ala and sneak & scout ahead.
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:06 am

Cranberry strides behind Ala keeping a wary eye out for an ambush

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:02 am

Scouting ahead Henry sees what appears to be a battlefield against two different kinds of half humans fighting each other. One of them have humanoid features much like an elf without seeming as frail and delicate. The bottom half are that of a horse. In total there are 6 of these. The other kind of half human, likewise consist of an upper body like a human, yet the face got this wicked feline look to it. The lower body is that of a large lion. They currently run around each other taking short stabs at each other while trying to maintain distance. Few of the centaurs shoot a couple of arrows too as they slowly escalate their confrontation.
As Henry returns to you manage to get into your respective armor and he tells you about the battle scene.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:23 am

"....There are horse-folk and lion-folk battling over there right now....

Henry don't take this the wrong way, but have you been out in the sun too long?"

Ala chuckles incredulously, and looks around to see if anyone else finds this report as bizarre as she does.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:49 am

"Huh?", Darfel got excited and stopped listening to the details after the word "battle".

He swings his arms a bit to test his armor, and grips his axe, signaling his readiness to go join the fun.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:54 am

"Centaurs, obviously. That and... No idea, to be honest. I would say by Henry's description they sound like sphinxes, but I was under the impression those were a lot more powerful. Also more inclined to giving riddles."

"Hmm... Considering we have no idea what their argument is about, I propose we wait and let them duke it out. Once they're done, though... We could do with a bit more supplies, and hopefully some further directions to... Whatever your god is trying to point us at."

"Hopefully we won't need to require to violence for that, but if we should, they should at the very least have been weakened by battle already."

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:11 pm

Cranberry boldly strides ahead to see this battle for himself

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:50 pm

Darfel hops from foot to foot, eager for someone to let him off the leash. "I've never fought horse or lion folk before! Think any of them have heard of Tempus before?"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:53 pm

Jasper just lets out a light mumble, something along the lines how they were gonna get themselves killed, while none the less tracing closely behind them.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:53 pm

"We don't know that they're a threat yet. Let's see these" magical creatures" though shall we? "

Nemeia jogs after cranberry as usual.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:55 pm

"Don't know they aren't a threat either! That's the FUN part! Wait up, Gramps!", Darfel picks up the pace.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:57 pm

Ala chuckles. "Well, that's true enough!"

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:08 am

You quickly moves towards the sound of battle, Ala for some reason looks more like a tiefling than a dragonborn on the way there, but you brush it off as being in the desert for too long.
One of the two lion people seems to have been in a close encounter with an arrow and mutters a few words but nothing happens.

If you want to interfere, then it's time for initiative
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:13 am

OOC: So the centaurs are dead or..?

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:32 am

Still four centaurs, one of them is injured as well
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:52 am

OOC: How many lion people total?

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:55 am

Theis2 wrote:One of the two lion people seems to have been in a close encounter with an arrow and mutters a few words but nothing happens.
:P
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:00 pm

"...I suppose if you guys really want to act, we can help beat down one of the sides and hence hopefully gain the trust of the other." he starts whispering to the others.

"I'm really not sure we should be interrupting a battle we know nothing about however... Doesn't Tempus have some kind of courtesy rule? Yo, it ain't cool to interrupt someone else's battle, something along those lines..?"

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:31 pm

"Well I have never seen that before... Apologies Henry, it seems you're right."

Ala casts detect evil, but makes no moves to join in yet. She'd rather see what's going on first.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:35 pm

"Yeah, it wouldn't be polite to spoil their fun... too bad we didn't get here earlier."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:43 pm

"Wait, it does?"

"I mean... Off course."