Trouble In Xanth - Chapter 6: Sinking

Home to all current Forum Games.
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Re: Trouble In Xanth - Chapter 4: Flower Power

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:53 pm

"Bill, you can make food grow right? If we can make thier food larger, they won't starve."

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:32 pm

Hmm, yes. I could enlarge their food stores. Depending on what kind of food it was. And how they felt about eating, say, an apple the size of a house. I'm not sure how it would work with something like grain.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

Theonewhoisodd
Game Master
UStream Username: Theonewhoisodd

Post by Theonewhoisodd » Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:51 pm

WearsHats wrote:Hmm, yes. I could enlarge their food stores. Depending on what kind of food it was. And how they felt about eating, say, an apple the size of a house. I'm not sure how it would work with something like grain.
OOC: Not very well.
My Kickstarter

"There is no such thing as overkill, there's kill and there's gravy." -Kurik

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:03 pm

"Vote stay more, help the poor."
Last edited by Synch on Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:01 am

"... I suppose we can spare some time. But not too much."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Theonewhoisodd
Game Master

Post by Theonewhoisodd » Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:41 am

The man begins to look hopeful as two members have voted yes.
My Kickstarter

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:59 am

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:32 am

"Well, I guess if it doesn't take too long, we can try to help them.
Can I get an answer to my questions from before? Why only right bear arms? Where and how did you get them in the first place? Do you have any left bear arms left over which you could use instead and just pretend they are right ones? Most people might not even notice the difference.
Also, did you provoke the baboons or can you think of any other reason why they took the right bear arms away?

On the food situation: Maybe we could grind the grain into flour first and enlarge that, afterwards?"
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

Quarg

Re: Trouble In Xanth - Chapter 5: To Bear Arms

Post by Quarg » Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:06 am

Jas laughs, 'A giant grain of flour is likely as useless as a giant grain of wheat. But I do want our questions answered sir, or I will vote NO!"
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:43 am

"We can make giant bread. Or giant chickens that produce giant eggs."

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:33 am

I must admit, a festival centered around trophy bear limbs strikes me as rather grizzly. And having to depend on it to put all your books in the black, with even that barely getting you by without bare cupboards seems like an unbearable economic policy. Perhaps you should consider trying the polar opposite.

You can make the festival free and work on producing trade goods the rest of the year. Instead of bringing people in, send your goods out. As for the festival itself, you could cut off your sleeves and celebrate your right to bare arms. Meantime, I can increase the size of your breads, meat, fruit, and suchlike so you won't starve.

As far as I can tell, no one's life is in danger here, and lives do depend on us completing our quest in time.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:59 pm

"I think giant chickens would probably start to eat people by accident. Not the best idea."
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:59 pm

Synge stomps his feet impatiently.

"Little man, help with plan! Give replies or us give goodbyes!"
► Show Spoiler

Theonewhoisodd
Game Master

Post by Theonewhoisodd » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:30 am

GathersIngredients wrote:"Well, I guess if it doesn't take too long, we can try to help them.
Can I get an answer to my questions from before? Why only right bear arms? Where and how did you get them in the first place? Do you have any left bear arms left over which you could use instead and just pretend they are right one? Most people might not even notice the difference.
Also, did you provoke the baboons or can you think of any other reason why they took the right bear arms away?

On the food situation: Maybe we could grind the grain into flour first and enlarge that, afterwards?"
"The right arms are traditional and unfortunately our people don't know where to get the left arms. We get them off of arm chairs which freely give them up to us every season. As for the baboons we have a couple trouble makers in town who irritated them earlier. A couple of kids with annoying talents."
My Kickstarter

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:04 am

"Would that not be the right to chair arms? Why not use the right to chair legs then?"
► Show Spoiler

Theonewhoisodd
Game Master

Post by Theonewhoisodd » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:48 am

"The arm chairs only bear right bear arms."
Last edited by Theonewhoisodd on Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Kickstarter

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:56 am

"I... honestly don't know what to say. If those kids caused the problem, make them fix it.
My game:

My characters:

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:57 am

► Show Spoiler

► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:57 am

"Then how did you get the right to bear right arm chair arms?"

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:30 am

We've offered what help we can. You don't seem interested. All you want is for us, a group of complete strangers, to drop our urgent quest for the fate of the entire kingdom and spend an unknown amount of time tracking down a group of apes of unknown numbers and fighting them for you, all so you can salvage what seems to be a bad economic policy for another year, for little to no benefit to us or our quest. Were I at my leisure, wandering the land for my own pleasure and experience (as I had been for some time before this quest), I'd consider it. But, as things are, I'm inclined to vote no. I sympathize with your plight, but lives depend on our haste. Perhaps you can coax the chairs to produce more arms for you. I don't know what more to suggest. If we leave, you are no worse off than when we came. You could have had a giant chicken (which seems a worthy festival attraction), but if you're not interested, we'll just be on our way.

► Show Spoiler

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:03 am

Jas shrugs "Likely you need to talk to the Baboons and punish the kids for whatever they did and they will return their arms..."
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:06 am

Thunderhoof scratches his head again, a little annoyed at how only ONE person of the whole village is willing to talk to them to ask their help in the first place, and even he seems to make it necessary for the companions to worm every last bit of useful information out of him.
"Well, if some kids from your village did something to offend the baboons and that's the reason they took your right bear arms away, I suggest you send the offenders and/or a delegation of well spoken people to the baboons and try to make amends with them. Apologize, offer retribution for whatever damage your kids did and maybe they will give you the right bear arms back in time for your festival.
You seem really insistent on getting them back as the only acceptable solution, but at the same time you seem to be unwilling to do anything to handle the matter yourself. In any case I fail to see what you need us for. The ideas we came up with and the talents we have to offer obviously didn't tickle your fancy. If you can be that picky, you can't be that badly off. On the other hand, the king, who asked for our help first, is dying." Thunderhoof
remarks, shrugs, and - if the others don't insist on staying - prepares to follow Tenel's lead again.
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:13 am

"Why must you focus on bear arms? You can survive without relying on them."

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:09 pm

The clever vernacular is well above Synge's intellect, he loses track of the conversation and starts watching a squirrel.
► Show Spoiler

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:45 pm

" Hrmmm....I'm changing my vote. My companions are right. We have important business and if your so stuck with tradition that you won't accept the alternatives we're offering than we can't help you. make amends to these baboons and deal with your own problems. Perhaps when I return after this quest I can help you for a price.