Righteous Charger in Capture the flag
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Re: Kobold Mine [one slot open]

Post by GathersIngredients » Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:31 pm

► Show Spoiler
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:22 pm

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
I'm going to change my training action to lead(cha) and pick up sleight of hand next turn. Thinking about the future of my actions, that might be a better order to do things in.

@gm, so I have some new questions:
What stat would sleight of hand be? I'm leaning towards dex or maybe cha. Though I could still see justification for wis or even int.
Something in the resource thread got me wondering: "his home mine is always in need of Iron, Salt, Wood and Coal." the use of his instead of the has me wondering if the traders have different home mines other than the main colony and therefor different wants?
If so could we train one of our common kobolds to act as a trader seeking out deals and trades for our mine at whichever colony has what we need?
Righteous OneVengeful One in Goblin Adventurer's League
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

eirikdaude
Whispers Softly

Post by eirikdaude » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:44 pm

As they return to the mine, the pain from Ludo's injuries starts to bother him a bit more than they did back at the site of the combat, when he still was riding the high from the battle. But even as he notices his own wounds, he realizes that there are others who are in a far worse condition than himself. Racking his brain, trying to come up with something he can do to help now that he's depleted what little medical skill he has with patching the worst wounded together out in the field, he decides the best he can achieve is to convince the rest of the kobolds in the mine to take as good care as possible of those who need to recover.

"Friends, kobolds, caveymen, lend me your ears! We have managed to vanquish the threat to our mine which was the nefarious gnomes, but as you can see there are those in our warparty who has suffered grievously for the good of the colony. I therefore urge you all to do your utmost in the following days, in order to make our colony a productive one, to show that the blood which have been spilt was not in vain. Furthermore I will urge you all to do your best to aid those who attempt to heal the wounded in any way you can, just make sure that you don't get in their way!"

He then sidles up to KnickKnack who he sees is taking care of Nockit. Hearing them speak of a room to keep the wounded in, he suggests:

"Maybe you could use Traknesh's room as a sickbay for now? Surely those hurt and wounded has greater need of it than him, I am sure he would have no problem with moving out of it for a while."

Feeling that he's done all that he can do, Ludo retreats to a corner and continues polishing his gemstone, taking some small comfort from focusing on the delicate task.

Active: Inspire the kobolds to do the best they can to improve their efforts (Lead?)
Passive: Continue polishing gem
Train: Ranged - throw

So doing more of a general "inspire competence" for getting everyone invested in doing their bit, than a full on lead action for one specific task. Does that even work as an action?
ÔÇ£Remember: when people tell you somethingÔÇÖs wrong or doesnÔÇÖt work for them, they are almost always right. When they tell you exactly what they think is wrong and how to fix it, they are almost always wrong.ÔÇØ - Neil Gaiman, on writing critique

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:31 pm

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
So doing more of a general "inspire competence" for getting everyone invested in doing their bit, than a full on lead action for one specific task. Does that even work as an action?
Krat gave a speech back in turn 3 and it raised his FLS. But that was as a free action not as an active, so I'm not sure if what you're trying will work but its worth a shot. Most RP stuff is free, though.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:52 am

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
ChuckDaRighteous wrote:
eirikdaude wrote:So doing more of a general "inspire competence" for getting everyone invested in doing their bit, than a full on lead action for one specific task. Does that even work as an action?
Krat gave a speech back in turn 3 and it raised his FLS. But that was as a free action not as an active, so I'm not sure if what you're trying will work but its worth a shot. Most RP stuff is free, though.
Traknesh also gave some kind of speech in the very first turn to the common kobolds that they should listen/obey the gifted ones and do their best or something like that. That was a ull active action (Persuade always is). I don't know if that had any kind of effect. (There was the 'new mine' bonus we had for a couple of turns after that, but since T got it for his persuade roll, too, I don't think it resulted from T's speech.) :shrug:
► Show Spoiler

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:37 am

► Show Spoiler
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:09 am

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:54 am

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:27 am

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:08 pm

Sorta hard to RP the current situation further without knowing Traknesh's reaction so I left it as is and just compiled it all into one post. Wow, we have written quite a bit. When we eventually get around to it, if you get a fluff bonus for your egg laying roll equal to the amount we've written... I'll have impregnated the hell out of you. (I keep saying these things which make sense in my head but sound so wrong when taken out of context.)
► Show Spoiler
Also yet another question for our GM. I want to pick up sleight of hand. I want to be able to control the out come of the dice to prevent losses at my dice game. However, how would it work. Would the roll determine whether I deceive the hapless fool (perhaps rolled against perception or sense motive) into thinking there is no manipulation or whether I succeed in actually manipulating the dice/cards/etc? Depending on which it is would also affect which stat I think the skill would use.

And since I'm making a few minor modifications to my actions I'm reposting below:

Order: Tell Isarl to continue his training [+1 spell revive, +1 spell heal, +1 wis]
Active: Persuade Lossa to Gamble with him (see below) and use any proceeds (or my own money) to buy the breastplate.
Passive: heal (spell) targeting myself (hopefully with the help of someone who is also trained otherwise order 2 NPCs to help)
Training:sleight of hand (dex? wis? int? cha?) (I can see reasons for any of those stats) Lead (cha)

My persuade skill isn't great but hopefully I'll get bonuses from my fluff, natural kobold greed, buttering him up with my offer of food, and possibly FLS?
► Show Spoiler
Presuming Nockit is up in his winnings he will encourage Lossa to continue betting (persuade).
► Show Spoiler
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:22 am

Okay, so I know NOA hasn't been around the forums since 1st of September, but I figured I could give this a bump, hoping maybe he subscribed the thread or something and that the notification might bring him back?

Very sorry for getting my co-players hopes up (possibly in vain) with this post.
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:59 am

I think a pm would be more effective then.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:38 am

I tried that about a month ago, but feel free to try again. I do miss this game.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10