Kobold Mine [one slot open]

Home to all current Forum Games.
GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Re: Kobold Mine [one slot open]

Post by GathersIngredients » Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:47 pm

okay, so does this gnome SLEEP in his shield and armor, or what?
Also, they did have much higher skills than I would have expected. :(

Is there some way we can 'swarm him' to add our damage instead of the attack rolls, because with 4 soak it's nigh-impossible to injure him alone. =(
Or maybe try to hit his shield out of his hands or something?
Can I use the skill healing spell without something I have crafted into the spell?

Turn 4: KnickKnack will pick up Krat (and her spear/javelin, if possible) and run, shielding Krat with her body.
Turn 5: run away, unless all other stay to fight, in which case drop Krat gently somewhere safe and join the frey (with apropriate weapon, as available)
Turn 6: continue to do what she's done in the previous round, if wounded, pick up Krat again and run, if able to cast healing impromptu, cast it on Krat

this might change once my questions have been answered, just mind that I will most likely only be able to log in once a day or so.
sorry doing color is too hard with the laptop.
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

NewOneAround
Likes to Contribute

Post by NewOneAround » Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:36 am

Yeah you would have got a preperation bonus. I forgot this one but I did the math before (as you did) and it seemed unlikely that the Watchgnome survived if all attack hit. I just rolled your 4 attacks and they where all high enought to hit so I didn't remember to count in extra boni. (would have been +2)

fine or masterwork shields, weapons and armor get a skill bonus.

He spotted something but gnomes aren't like: there moves something! Kill it!

They sleep in armor with weapons and shield ready beside them. They are profesional soldiers.

2 expert fighters one master fighter

As I stated in the combat rules: Every 5 point you roll over Defense you get +1 Damage .

Disarming... did not thought about this one. An attack higher his counter attack roll? So you roll spearDstr he rolls shieldDstr.

Nope healing just with the spell that lies back in your mine right beside the Revive spell.
GM for a Kobold Mine

Cutting, building and assembling inside of Castle Heterodyne [Salpicon]
Being on hold while working under the D'Jinn [Zeun]
Beeing a lost Goblin Slave (a.k.a. Mineling) in a godforsaken Hole [Complains]
Full of excitement for the rise of a new Civilisation

eirikdaude
Whispers Softly

Post by eirikdaude » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:41 am

Whoops, that round 3 action had a big hole in it, yes.

Hmm.
► Show Spoiler
Turn 4: Charge captain and hit him with axe.
Turn 5: Continue hitting strongest foe; If at less than half max con run away
Turn 6: Continue hitting strongest foe; If at less than half max con run away; If at safe distance hide and see what happens.

And I have to agree with GathersIngredients, sleeping in full armour sounds uncomfortable to say the least.
ÔÇ£Remember: when people tell you somethingÔÇÖs wrong or doesnÔÇÖt work for them, they are almost always right. When they tell you exactly what they think is wrong and how to fix it, they are almost always wrong.ÔÇØ - Neil Gaiman, on writing critique

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:35 am

Light leather armor for a professional soldier wouldn't that uncomfortable. No more so than sleeping on the ground.
NewOneAround wrote:fine or masterwork shields, weapons and armor get a skill bonus.
Yes, lets further taunt me that my craft total was 1 away from fine on my armor. Damn it.

Also from what I understand maneuverability is something that decreases the soak gain from a shield over the course of a fight? So if we keep attacking him his soak should not stay that high.

Or you can try disarming it. Or if we're going down that route we could all dogpile him and try to subdue him that way.

Suggestions anyone?
Righteous OneVengeful One in Goblin Adventurer's League
Righteous Charger in Capture the flag
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

eirikdaude
Whispers Softly

Post by eirikdaude » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:03 am

Well, as you can probably see by my combat actions I am going for dogpiling. Which will probably result in my death, but I guess we'll see :P
ÔÇ£Remember: when people tell you somethingÔÇÖs wrong or doesnÔÇÖt work for them, they are almost always right. When they tell you exactly what they think is wrong and how to fix it, they are almost always wrong.ÔÇØ - Neil Gaiman, on writing critique

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:41 pm

Okay, so I read through the combat update again - found time for properly reading that just now, instead of glancing at it quickly while being tired :oops: - and I noticed two very interesting things:
A) the vice captain gnome gets 3 Soak from the shield alone, so if we can get that away from him, we should be able to kill him more quickly/easier.
b) in the last round when KnickKnack speared him, hei equip lost durability: (-3 Durability Shield -1 Durability Armor)

So we can either try to "disarm" the vice captain gnome, and/or just wear his armor & shield down like what happenend to Ozt in the spiderfight #2.

It might take a while and since he'S dealing 1d7 damage with his axe, he could completely wipe us out before that happens. :stab:
NewOneAround wrote:As I stated in the combat rules: Every 5 point you roll over Defense you get +1 Damage .

Disarming... did not thought about this one. An attack higher his counter attack roll? So you roll spearDstr he rolls shieldDstr.

Nope healing just with the spell that lies back in your mine right beside the Revive spell.
Well, since we are not the luckiest with the rolls (the sneaking attempt proves that), I don't want to rely on that to have a chance to kill him.

vice captain got 4d4 for shield roll, KnickKnack got 3d5 for throwing and 3d3 for melee. Not the best chances, but if it gets him to drop his shield (equalling his soak dropping from 4 to 1 in ONE round), it might be worth trying one's luck...
Also, we could probably swarm/dogpile him for the disarm roll, too, especially since we aren't aiming for dealing damage that turn, anyways.

So I'm adjusting the actions to this:
Turn 4: KnickKnack will pick up her spear/javelin, shielding Krat with her body.
Turn 5: KnickKnack will attempt to get the shield away from the vice captain, using the aproporiate weapon skill (throwing at ranged, melee close up), if wounded (con less than half), pick up Krat and run
Turn 6: KnickKnack will continue to do what she's done in the previous round, if we got the gnome away from his shield: attack to deal damage, if wounded or allies retreat: pick up Krat and run

ALL RUNNING WILL NOT BE DIRECTLY TOWARDS THE MINE. Also: KNICKNCKACK WILL NEVER THROW HER LAST SPEAR.
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:28 am

Krats main purpose is to get away from the fight. He'll crawl away trying not to strain himself. When out of the combat zone he will lie down hiding for now letting the rest deal with it.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:21 am

GathersIngredients wrote:So we can either try to "disarm" the vice captain gnome, and/or just wear his armor & shield down like what happenend to Ozt in the spiderfight #2.
The problem I have with wearing them down is those items are of at least fine quality (if not masterwork). That means at least 11 (if not 16) total durability for the armor alone. Having to hit him 10 more times is rather extreme. So if we had to choose one of those I'd say go for the disarm. Also:
Shield stats
Soak - maximum Damage prevented per hit
Durability - the hit points of an Item
Encumbrance - lowers all physical Stats while using skills
Maneuver - Soak lost per attack taken in this combat turn
I don't know the maneuver rating his shield has, however, if we all 4 attacked him, the 2nd person would have less soak to deal with, the 3rd even less, and the 4th would hardly notice it. At least if I'm understanding that correctly.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

NewOneAround
Likes to Contribute

Post by NewOneAround » Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:43 am

Turn 4
Nockit - Meele - Edge: 1d2 = 1 Defence 0 (sleeps) = +0 Damage = 1d6 = 5 -1 Soak = -4 Con
This one won't enter the fight.
Ludo - Meele - Edge: 2d2 = 4 Defence 3 =+0 Damage = 1d7 = 6 - 4 Soak = -2 Con -1 Durability Armor -3 Durability Shield
KnickKnack - Grabs his Javelin out auf the dead gnome.
Krat - Crawls away
Vice-Captain - Meele - Edge (vs Ludo) = 7 Defence 5 =+0 Damage = 1d7 = 2 = -2 Con

Turn 5
Nockit - Meele - Edge: 1d2 = 2 - parry has no effect
Ludo - Meele - Edge: 2d2 = 3 Defence 3 =+0 Damage = 1d7 = 4 - 4 Soak = -1 Durability Armor -3 Durability Shield
KnickKnack - Meele - Spear: 3d3 = 7 vs ShieldDStr = 4d2 = 6 = his shield flies away
Krat - Crawls away
Vice-Captain - Meele - Edge (vs Nockit) = 4d2 = 5 = +0 Defence = 1d7 = 6 -2 Soak = -4 Con

Nockit goes down bleeds and is unconscious.

Turn 6
Ludo - Meele - Edge: 2d2 = 2 Defence 3 = miss
KnickKnack - Meele - Spear: 3d3 = 7 Defence 3 = +0 Damage = 1d4 = 4 -1 Soak = -3 Con
Krat - Crawls away
Vice-Captain collapes pressing his hands on his lower body to prevent his guts spilling. He wimpers silently and a lot of blood gushes out of his wounds.
__
Note to myself: If you like your player do not give the enemys axes...
I wanted the combat system to be short and bloody. Seems to work.
GM for a Kobold Mine

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:56 am

AGH!!!! revive spell! Please now! A mass attempt untrained would hopefully bring me back.

Also I was under the impression encumbrance only lowered my rolls, not my base defense too. lol, it was my own damn armor that killed me. Otherwise I could have dodged it.
Encumbrance - lowers all physical Stats while using skills
Take out the crossed out section. That's what confused me.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:50 am

It didn't seem like it says you died? Only that you got knocked unconcious and are bleeding. Might still be able to stop the bleeding and keep you alive?
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

NewOneAround
Likes to Contribute

Post by NewOneAround » Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:00 am

You are not dead (yet). I'll make your turn and next turn some of your companions should help you (and Krat). If they fail at this both of you might die or be crippled.
GM for a Kobold Mine

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:22 pm

we won, awesome! :cheer: Barely. That sucks. :(

I wonder how the target picking works. It's ridiculous/unfortunate that KnickKnack - who has the highest con - wasn't attacked at all.

so, what exactly happens now? Are we still in combat and KnickKnack could try to heal the others for 3 turns before looting like crazy, obscuring any trace this ever happened and reutrn to the mine or what?
Also, can I just have her pick up some blood from the enemies, and use it as spell without refining it? It could be less effective than when it's crafted, but that shouldn't be a problem because we have 3*[volume of blood in a gnome] at our disposal.

In any case KnickKnack will likely frisk the gnomes (especially the herbs containing baskets, or maybe they have a healing spell on them) for something to help his companions and then try and heal them (I got skill for that, but no spell - unless I happen to find one) or administer first aid (I don't have that skill, but at least I could rip the gnomes clothes into bandages and try to stop the bleeding, add helpful herbs as available) priority to the ones who got wounded worse, but will live. (That would be Nockit, I believe, then Krat, then Ludo...)

I will make tidy action post when the modus (combat, normal turn back at the mine after looting or out in the gnome camp) has been explained to me. :thumbsup:
► Show Spoiler

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:46 pm

GathersIngredients wrote:I wonder how the target picking works. It's ridiculous/unfortunate that KnickKnack - who has the highest con - wasn't attacked at all.
Well I did taunt him into attacking me. Since I had 2 soak and I thought higher defense (turns out encumbrance effects defense as well as skills so I was wrong) I figured I was the best to take it. I definitely thought wrong. Still he would have killed you same as me. Still irked that it was my own armor that killed me.
(you: 5 con, 0 soak, 5 defense, me: 3 con, 2 soak, 6-1 defense) So whoever he hit was going down.
NewOneAround wrote:You are not dead (yet). I'll make your turn and next turn some of your companions should help you (and Krat). If they fail at this both of you might die or be crippled.
So I assume the rest of the turn is going off as written? Are we assuming combat happened last so our other actions are unaffected/ we don't have to write new turns? Its unclear what happens now.

Also when it comes time to patch us up, there are still some bandages left from when I patched up Ozt, so feel free to use them on me.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

eirikdaude
Whispers Softly

Post by eirikdaude » Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:26 am

Heh, I actually did some damage to the madman :D But ouch, that was brutal.

I agree that we should bring some medical attention to our downed comrades. I'm not very good at it, but I guess I can assist? :P After that we'll loot like crazy and clean up, of course. Hmm, what will we do with the corpses?

-edit- There's a dwarf with an axe too, and that one looked magical :paranoia:

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:09 am

I could probably use my lead skill to let you guys use first aid on one another more efficiently.... :idea:
► Show Spoiler

NewOneAround
Likes to Contribute

Post by NewOneAround » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:38 am

GathersIngredients wrote:...
Also, can I just have her pick up some blood from the enemies, and use it as spell without refining it? It could be less effective than when it's crafted, but that shouldn't be a problem because we have 3*[volume of blood in a gnome] at our disposal.
Uhh Blood Magic ^^ now we're talking some serious warlock shit. Well I see no problems using the fresh dead and/or barely alive as sacrifices to the dark gods/deamons/devils. (I talk about FRESH dead died within a minute). No problems but the classic ones...

Turn will go of as usual. The fight is part of the turn but I wanted to finish it because all players were involved and it would most likely last more than 3 turns. I'm surpriesed the gnome only lasted 6 turns... good thinking with knocking away the shield.

Healing the wounded:
1. First-Aid/Healing at ground zero.
You can heal them and if successfull there will be no afterefects.
2. First-Aid/Healing at home.
The transport of Nockit and Krat could be dangerous (30% chance to loose another con -> Chance to die or be crippled)

Ludo is fine... he has a big wound but the bleeding is not strong enought to kill him (he can do whatever he wants but unless he rests/heals he has less con)

How targeting works... the fist attack was random. You were standing around noone was sticking out. I just rolled a die. (pun intended)
Ludo was hit because he was the only one in meele.
Next turn Nockit jumped actively into the way screaming like a madman and flailing his sword in dirction of the axe. The gnome felt slightly irritated and hit him to make him stop.
Next hit would have been Ludo again because he was wounded and the gnome fights smart: wounded = most likely dead with next hit -> less enemies
GM for a Kobold Mine

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:49 am

I would like to say I'm confused. We posted action posts last turn, e.g. mine looked like this:
GathersIngredients wrote:Action post (sorry for double posting, but the length was getting a little out of hand).
KnickKnack's actions:
Free: go back home and fetch Krat and Ludo; lend 1 spear to Ludo
Active: gnome fight [ranged combat, see below], in their 3 watch, when the vice-captain is asleep!
after returning from the battle, hopefully with lots of spoils
Passive: help the kobold that is trying to make plates from chitin (I think it's his last turn and unless he rolls lucky, he is going to FAIL, I don't want that). [craft: bone]
Training: Spell: Dragonfire (Con)
Free: Tell Pskal to butcher the snakes, too for another stew (if he even needs telling.)
Free: sort out the mess between Trixxa and Zi'it [RP]
Free: Give Traknesh a piece of his mind [RP]
Free: take the last wood into his inventory to keep it from being used up before Lossa returns

Combat - gnome fight:
WAIT until everyone but the guard is asleep
Round 1: Sneak to a good throwing position
Round 2: hurl javelin into enemy gnome (the one how keeps watch) aiming for the throat so no alarm is raised, if others are woken: run
Round 3: If its still alive and the other are still asleep: finish off the gnome standing watch (throwing a spear), if others are woken: run, if watch gnome is dead and others are asleep: draw spear (melee) and slit the throats of the sleeping and start looting!
(also: all running away won't be directly towards the mine)
yet nothing but the combat went down. So... do we get to do the passive and the training action from last turn now, or are we doing the next turn or what?
Also, we didn't get any XP for the fight yet.

In any case, I would probably do an action post like this:
► Show Spoiler
KnickKnack's actions:
Active:lead other conscious kobolds (Ludo and Krat) to heal the wounded (Ludo heals Krat & Krat heals Nockit; I'm assuming that giving someone else first aid isn't strainous enough to make Krat's condition go from bad to worse) -> If we only get to do passive and training from the turn the fight happened in, do this in the passive action slot, instead [Lead]
Passive: gather up the spoils (frisk gnomes, loot everything, dispose of bodies - preferably in a way that makes it look like they were killed by animals or accident - obscure any trails/tracks) and go back to the mine, preferably not in a direct line [not sure on this one, perception maybe both to frisk them and to spot and traces we might have left?]
Training: Spell: Healing (Wis)
Free: Tell Pskal to butcher the snakes, too for another stew (if he even needs telling.)
Free: Give Traknesh a piece of her mind [RP]
Free: take the last wood into her inventory to keep it from being used up before Lossa returns

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:53 am

GathersIngredients wrote:yet nothing but the combat went down. So... do we get to do the passive and the training action from last turn now, or are we doing the next turn or what?
Also, we didn't get any XP for the fight yet.
As I understand it that was a fragmented part of the turn and the whole thing will be handled in the main turn post. It was just a little much for him to tackle all at once. Then again I'm a little confused too so I may be wrong.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

eirikdaude
Whispers Softly

Post by eirikdaude » Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:36 am

I am a little bit confused about how we wrap up this turn too, but if it's possible to change my passive action for it to join in KnickKnacks/GathersIngredients attempt at healing the wounded, looting the camp, and cleaning up the battlesite, I'll do so.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:57 am

Krat would like to chance an action to try out some blood magic on the corpses to heal himself and Nockit by trying to draw the last bit of life force within them out and into himself and Nockit.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

NewOneAround
Likes to Contribute

Post by NewOneAround » Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:53 pm

Turn 15

1. Player Actions

Krat

Active: Join the attack on the gnomes

Passive: Refine the firestone
[Knowledge magic: 2 +1 [tool] d 5 + 2 (preperation) = 7]
[R55+7 S62 D15] ÔÇô ongoing 7/9 +1 XP (27XP)

Training: Stealth +10XP (20XP) Stealth 2

Nockit

Active: Attack sleeping gnomes and loot their stuff

Passive: retrieve his trap and set it up outside with the 2 others
Knowledge - Defensive Strategies: 2 d 7 +1 (fluff) = 10] -success +5XP (32XP)

Training: Spell - Blind (int) +10XP(10XP) Blind 1

Click-Clank

Click-Clank decides he does not want to have an active part in leading the colony.
He digs rooms and minerals.
Active and Passive:

Back to mining a forge room.
[Mine: 3 d 4 + 0 = 5]
[Mine: 3 d 4 + 0 = 6]
R5+6 S11 D75 -ongoing +3XP (59XP)
pickaxe Break 15 : ÔÇô nothing
pickaxe Break 15 : ÔÇô nothing

Training: Mine

KnickKnack

Active: gnome fight [ranged combat, see below], in their 3 watch, when the vice-captain is asleep!
after returning from the battle, hopefully with lots of spoils

Passive: help the kobold that is trying to make plates from chitin (I think it's his last turn and unless he rolls lucky, he is going to FAIL, I don't want that). [craft: bone]
[Craft-Bone: 2 d 4 +1 (fluff) = 9]
[R11+9 S 20 D 15] -success [10/10] +5 XP (30XP)
Gain 5x plate [chitin (spider)]

Training: Spell: Dragonfire (Con) +10XP (10XP) Spell: Dragonfire 1

Free: Give Traknesh a piece of his mind [RP]
Free: take the last wood into his inventory to keep it from being used up before Lossa returns

Ludo

A: Join in on the attack (bring along the last spear from the mine and one from KnickKnack)

P: Continue polishing stone
Craft ÔÇô Jewels: 2 d 5 +1 (fluff) = 7
R15+7 S 22 D10 ÔÇô ongoing 3/10 +1XP(22XP)

T: Dodge +10XP (20XP) Dodge 2

Traknesh
Active: Lead a kobold to make him a bed.
[Lead: 3 d 6 +5 (FLS) = 18] +3 Skill for 1 Kobold

Passive: Help the kobold make his bed.
Craft ÔÇô Wood: 1 d 4 -2 (noskill) = 1 - +1XP Craft ÔÇô Wood 1

Training: +10XP Gain Spell: Charm Rodent 1

2. NPC Actions

2 Kobold dig for Quarz (T18)
[Mine: 1 d 4 = 2]
[Mine: 1 d 4 = 4]
[R11+2+4 S17 D20] ÔÇô ongoing
Break 15 ÔÇô success
Break 15 ÔÇô success

Prisarz cares for this pet hamster.

1 Kobold makes a bed in 5 turns
Craft wood: 0+3 d 4 = 5
R5+1 S6 D10 ÔÇô ongoing 2/5

Pskal
[Forage: 1 d 4 = 3]
Buchered 1 snake 5x meat (snake) 2x bone (snake) 1x entrails (snake)

Isarl trains ÔÇô success

2 kobold stand guard.

Ozt rests. +1 con
Zi'it rests: nothing
Kaleb rests: nothing

3. Event

Good: nothing good happend ÔÇô the chance something will happen increased

Neutral: nothing neutral happend ÔÇô the chance something will happen increased

Bad: nothing bad happend ÔÇô the chance something will happen increased

4. Trader

The traders are scared.
Chance of recovery 15%. - 21

5. Wandering Monster

You fought a bunch of gnomes.

Most of you are now wounded and need rest and medical care to be moved back to the mine without risk.

But not everything is bad.

Krat, Nockit, KnickKnack, Ludo:
+5 Stealth
+5 Dodge

Krat:
+5 Ranged ÔÇô Bow & Crossbow

Nockit:
+5 Meele ÔÇô Edge
+5 Ranged ÔÇô Bow & Crossbow
+5 Armor

KnickKnack
+5 Meele ÔÇô Spear
+5 Ranged ÔÇô Throw

Ludo:
+5 Meele ÔÇô Edge
+5 Ranged ÔÇô Throw

Spoils of War: [aka LOOT]
1x masterwork shield [wood, hard (oak)]
1x fine leather armor [leather (goat)]
2x leather armor [leather (goat)]
1x axe [metal (iron) / wood,hard (oak)]
2x spear [metal (iron) / wood, hard (oak)]
3x clothing [wool (goat)] (torn and bloody)
1x ring [metal (gold), gem (ruby)]
2x ring [metal (copper]
1x ring, engraved [metal (silver)]
1x necklace [metal (silver), bone (wyvern)]
36x coin [metal (silver)]
12x coin [metal (gold)]
2x dice [bone (fairy)]
1x book (written in gnome ÔÇô will take some time for you to read ÔÇô 2 passive or active actions to be exact)
1x glass vial with green liquid in with red bubbles dance
2x clay vials without any means to open them but break the bottle neck
1x some rings in different sized hooked together [wood, hard (oak)]

3x bedroll
3x sleeping bag
3x backpack
6x rations (dried scraps of meat and double backed bread)
3x bottle [metal (copper)] (filled with water)

2x basket [wood (willow)]
30x berries, food (gooseberries)
12x mushroom (unidentified)
4x mushroom (unidentified)
5x snake
1x stone, precious (meteor)
20x herb, medical (mint)

Even more LOOT:
While recovering his trap Nockit notices a bunch of stuff piled into the rat nest

3x glass vial with mildly glowing blue liquid
127x coin [metal (silver)] (in a leather bag that is gnawed into uselessnes)
1x ring, engraved [bone(orc)]
1x dagger, covered in runes [metal (silver) / leather (deer, white)]
1x coin [metal (mithral)]

Nockit pulls his trap out of the refuse pile made by the rats. Mostly made out of little bones, rat dung and STUFF it looks very unapealing, but the is a small dagger made out of a silvery but tarnished metal. Seems some riches a burried in this heap. He gets a few lesser kobolds and makes them dig through the dirt and they produce even more treasure.

KnicKKnack is very unhappy about the quarrel between Trixxa and Zi'it. He goes to talk to them: "I don't want any thievery or brawling in this colony. And I don't want any disputing or unfounded accusations." He gives both of them a stern look, trying to determine if either of them made stuff up, or if they were telling the truth. "But besides of that, I don't care who of you started it. I want you - and everyone else - to get along with each other. Therefore, you, Trixxa will see to Zi'it's wounds and nurse him back to health and you, Zi'it will give half of your next ration to Trixxa as a gift to thank her for her good care. Now shake hands and be nice to each other." Trixxa and Zi'it both look very unhappy as they are forced to shake hands. KnickKnack does not have the feeling they want to let their quarrel go, but seem to obay. Then he turns around to the assembled colony and flexes his mighty packs (with str 3 and con 5 I would assume that he's pretty buff, at least a lot more than the common kobold) "And I would like to remind each and every one of you that the next time there's a fight between members of this mine, I will not hesitate to join the fray." he flashes his teeth at them, grinning provocatively, not really threatening, but giving them a good reason to think first and sort out their problems with words, next time.

Finding out about Traknesh' new bed, KnickKnack pulls him aside, away from the common kobolds.
"Traknesh, I have something to talk to you about.
From your acts so far within the colony, it is clear to me that you don't have the best interest of ALL of us in mind when you make your decisions, but think a lot about your own wants and needs and comforts. I can understand that you long for a nice warm cozy bed and yummy food in your belly and the company of a charming female and the gratitude of the great dragon. All of us do.
Traknesh looks at KnickKnack with a raised eyebrow.
BUT, right now with the colony struggling to keep everyone fed and healthy, right now is not the time to put our efforts into getting these things for oneself. Right now we have to ensure our ALL survival.
Therefor I ask of you to stop ordering kobolds to do stuff for only your benefit, like making them dig a room solely for you, make them create floor tiles solely for you, make them craft a bed solely for you. Also I would ask you that you stop using resources that the whole colony could use - like the perfectly working bow you converted into a fishing pole, which you, by the way, used exactly TWO times thereafter,"
a rather stern expression creeps onto KnickKnack's face at this point in the conversation, "or the wood that I explicitly told everyone was to be set aside so we could trade it for food that keeps the next time Lossa was going to come around. You do want to have something to eat, don't you? And you can agree that having something to eat is more important than having a nice place to sleep, right? For a moment he looks like he wants to say something, but he waits for her to finish.
We need to be a shining example to the others, we need to look out for them and protect them and care and provide for them the best we can. We are the leaders of this colony, dammit! We are gifted. We are chosen by the great dragon himself and we owe it to him - and the ones that trust in us to lead them - that we do the best we can. So I ask you to use your skill - which you doubtlessly possess - to try and fulfill the needs of ALL of us, and not just your own. I know you are capable of doing that, because you filled the water barrel for us and helped all of us to cook that very tasty stew. But that is not going to last forever. So, lead them and guide them to do tasks from which ALL of us will benefit. Like gathering more wood and food. Or help them mine precious stuff we can trade in for things we need and maybe send of it to the great dragon, so we can get onto his good side and earn his benevolence, perhaps even his help. Now, what do you say to that?"

He tilts his head a bit looking like he is... annoyed? "Look my fair coleaga... Unlike you other leaders I am not here by my free will, BUT I was told that we six are the ones to make the decisions and who OWN the mine, kobolds and everything in it. You said it exactly right: I want some basic comfort: solitude, a bed, the blessing of Vixareticz and something to eat. I am very sorry, if I knew you were attached to these pieces of wood I would never dreamed of taking them." He signs. "I make you a suggestion. I will see to it, that my bed will become a nice, beautyfull piece of work and after that I will take Ozt and two or three other kobolds, go to the forest and we will bring back a few backpacks full of wood. After that I will make one item of your choise out of the wood and the rest will be used for the colony." He smiles a bit. "After that we just forget I took your stuff, ok?" He counts something using his claws. "Oh yes... and if you think your fellow kobolds think its a good thing to sleep in the same room you eat and cook and breed..." The sentence is left unfinished. He lays a claw at her shoulder. "And you are right we cant let everyone make what he wants. I think we should sort the commoners into workgroups. You know.. like two miners plus a foreman. Two farmers plus a head-farmer, most likly Prizart, or whatever he is called. Than we must not try to find our workforce but just tell the taskmaster: make it so! How about we go back and discuss this with the others?"

At the gnome camp KnickKnack can feel his pulse race in his throat. There is a small group of armed gnomes wandering through the meadow, much, much too close to their new home - the mine - for comfort. What if they are hostile? What if they run into an unsuspecting kobold that is merely trying to find food and kill them? Maybe it was them that killed the trader... What if they come after all the rest of us, once they know we are here?
Thoughts like these coursing through his mind, KnickKnack exchanges a quick look with Nockit, very grateful that the gifted kobold has come along with him, and after gesturing a bit they come to a silent understanding. KnickKnack clenches his jaw and gives Nockit a final, determined nod. He hurries back to the mine to get reinforcements. He rallies Krat and Ludo, and together they make their way back to where the gnomes rest unaware or the kobolds' plans.
Nockit's heart pounds with the anticipation of combat. He sneaks through the bushes finding the perfect spot. He silently draws his arrow, taking his time to aim straight for the throat.
After approaching the camp as quietly as they can, making sure that the gnomes are soundly asleep - safe for the one who stands watch - KnickKnack very slowly, very carefully moves into a favorable position to throw his projectile at the guard, trusting that Nockit has already done that and Krat and Ludo will do so likewise. Once Nockit sees the others are in position he lets his arrow fly...
KnickKnack waits for Nockit to shoot, only to hurl his own javelin and the unsuspecting opponent, hoping to drop him silently before he can alarm the others.
Adrenaline rushing through his veins, his whole body tensed up, every sense of KnickKnack is heightened, as he anxiously watches his weapon pass through the air, ready to run - if the other gnomes get alerted - or sneak up to them and make sure they will never awaken again if everything goes smoothly.

After the battle most of the fighters lie scattered around the campfire. One of the gnomes breaths quickly and while Ludo opens his coin purse and produces a few coins made of silver and gold. He is facinated by the many differend languages and designs the metal pieces have.
"I think I can see a rib of mine..." KnickKnack and Ludo look at each other.
Both can see the silent question: How do we get the loot and both wounded back to the mine?

Back at home, KnickKnack notices a couple of things that need his attention.
He decides to help the kobold who has spent a lot of time to make plates, offering his expertise in crafting bone, even though chitin is a slightly different material.

With his recent experiences in the fight with the gnomes, KnickKnack figures it would be great if he could use magic to hurt their enemies, and looks into learning an offensive spell.

.[tabs: In front of the cave]

Active Traps:
3x masterwork hunting snare, small [metal (iron)] [Set to capture small creatures sneaking in] [D:10]

[tabs: Ore Room]
Resources:
6x ore, high quality (copper)
2x ore, low quality (gold)

Active Traps:

[tabs: 1st Room]
► Show Spoiler

5x plate [chitin (spider)]

► Show Spoiler

► Show Spoiler

Recources:
1x stone, soft (siltstone)
6x magical gem (firestone)
11x firewood
1x herb, poison (wolfbane)
8x stone, hard (flint)
5x silk (gigant spider)
1x bone (rat)
4x bone (bat)
9x leather (warthog)
8x bone (warthog)
4x horn (warthog)
1x leather (rat)
5x bolt of cloth [wool (hamster, gigant)]
5x assorted trapparts [metal (copper)]
8x chitin (gigant spider)
1x monster part, silk gland (gigant spider)
8x herb, medical (mint)
2x herb, medical (nightmare bane)
4x herb, poison (ivy)
1x berries, poison (lords and ladys)
14x berries, poison (belladonna)
3x wool (gigant hamster)
2x entrails (turtle)
9x bone (turtle)
8x shell (turtle)
1x broken breast armor [leather (cave lizard)] Durability 0/6
3x gem, semi precious (malachite)
5x gem, semi precious (quarz)
3xherb, medical (nightmare bane)
1x gem, magical, cut (firestone)
2x bone (snake)

Container:
6x bag [leather (cave lizard)]
1x barrel [wood (ash) / metal (iron)]
1x barrel, small [wood (ash) / metal (iron)]
1x quiver [wood (ash)]
2x bottle (glass)

Spells:
1x Spell: Forgefire [refined magical gem (firestone) / rare wood (firelife)]
1x Spell: Healing [refined water (molten snow) / refined herb, poison (stinging nettle)]
1x Spell: Revive [refined blood (red dragon) / refined magical gem (earthbone)]

[tabs: Stone Room]
1x arrow, shortbow [hard stone (flint) / wood (ash)] Break: 60 Durability: 2[/tabs]

► Show Spoiler

► Show Spoiler

.[tabs: Krat]
Player: Theis2
Color: #8000FF
Stats:
Strength 2 Dexterity 5 Constitution 3(2) Intelligence 5 Wisdom 6 Charisma 3
Fearless Leader Score: 6

► Show Spoiler

Inventory:
1x Shortbow [wood (ash) / bow string [entrails (cave lizard)])]
15x arrow, shortbow [hard stone (flint) / wood (ash)] B60 D2
1x quiver [wood (ash)]
masterwork Magnifying glass [metal(silver) / magical gem (skyclear crystal)] B35 D15
pickaxe [metal (copper) / wood (ash)] B15 D7

► Show Spoiler

► Show Spoiler

► Show Spoiler

[tabs: Nockit]
Player: ChuckDaRighteous
Color: #400000
Stats:
Strength 2 Dexterity 6 Constitution 3 Intelligence 6 Wisdom 4 Charisma 3
Fearless Leader Score: 6

► Show Spoiler

Inventory:
Shortbow [wood (ash) / bow string [entrails (cave lizard)])] To Hit: 1 Break: 30 Damage: 1d3 Durability: 2/3
9x arrow, shortbow [hard stone (flint) / wood (ash)] Break: 60 Durability: 2
3x cloth wrapped arrow, shortbow [hard stone (flint) / wood (ash) / cloth (gigant hanster)] Durability: 2
2x cloth wrapped arrow, shortbow [hard stone (flint) / wood (ash) / cloth (gigant hanster)] Durability: 1/2
1x fine sword [metal (iron)]
quiver [wood (ash)]
brestplate [metal (copper)]

► Show Spoiler

► Show Spoiler

► Show Spoiler

[tabs: Clink-Clank]
Player: no player ÔÇô slot free
Color: #008080
Stats:
Strength 3 Dexterity 5 Constitution 3 (1) Intelligence 4 Wisdom 4 Charisma 4
Fearless Leader Score: 5

► Show Spoiler

Equipment:
pickaxe [metal (copper) / wood (ash)] Break 15 Durability 5/7

► Show Spoiler

► Show Spoiler

► Show Spoiler

[tabs: KnickKnack]
Player: GathersIngredients
Color: #FF8000
Stats:
Strength 3 Dexterity 5 Constitution 5 Intelligence 4 Wisdom 4 Charisma 4

► Show Spoiler

Inventory:
masterwork backpack [rare wood (floatwood) / metal (mithral) / leather (mounain troll)] Durability 30
2x spear [hard wood (oak), fire hardend] To Hit: 2 Break: 30 Damage: 1d4 Durability: 5
3x good pole [wood (ash)]
2x fine spear head, bone [bone(rat)]
1x axe [hard stone (flint) / wood (ash)]
1x good javelin [bone (rat) / wood (ash)]
1x wood (ash)

► Show Spoiler

► Show Spoiler

► Show Spoiler

[tabs: Ludo]
Player: eirikdaude
Color: olive
Stats:
Strength 2 Dexterity 5 Constitution 4 Intelligence 5 Wisdom 5 Charisma 3

► Show Spoiler

Inventory:
masterwork toolset, gemcutting [metal (mithral)]
axe [hard stone (flint) / wood (ash)]
2x spear [hard wood (oak), fire hardend] To Hit: 2 Break: 30 Damage: 1d4 Durability: 5

► Show Spoiler

► Show Spoiler

► Show Spoiler
[/tabs]
GM for a Kobold Mine

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:36 pm

► Show Spoiler
So as I understand it, my options in actions are limited as I'm near dead?....

Active action: SURVIVE!!
Passive action: SURVIVE!!
Training action: SURVIVE!!

Can I do more than this?

Getting the loot distribution going: I'll take the rune dagger, orc-bone ring, and all coins from my find in the rat room. I'll put the vials in the community pile. Finally get some money to trade with and the traders are scared off, just my luck. From the gnome fight I'd like to take a backpack, the dice, and the necklace. I may take more but I'd like to give the others a chance to claim things before I turn into Traknesh. Also aside from food and medicinal items, I think we should claim as much as possible between us so as to keep it out of Traknesh's grubby little claws. Any unclaimed weapons or armor can go to our underlings. Although perhaps hold off on claiming liquids till they're identified. The coins can be split up evenly. I got plenty of silver from the rat room, so I'd forfeit my share of the silver but want equal share in the gold. So 3x gold to everyone and 12 silver to everyone but me. KnickKnack already has a masterwork backpack so I figure that's one backpack to the rest of us. Also I would like to claim the fine leather armor and masterwork shield for Ozt.
► Show Spoiler
Copy/Paste and add what you want to take. If someone else took something you would want, move it to the disputed section and we can work out accordingly.

► Show Spoiler
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:28 am

Questions:
Do we get FLS for defeating the gnomes?
Are we at home now, or at the gnome camp? You wrote something about having to heal the injured at 'ground zero' or they have a 30% chance to lose another con/get crippled/... But you also wrote stuff that happens back at the mine (like the exchange with Traknesh). *confused is*
Is there a better way to try and get Trixxa/Zi'it to come to better terms with each other again? Would the use of the persuade skill help?

@ co-players: I hope you don't see this (KnickKnack leading the gifted kobolds to heal one another) as me trying to boss you around, but I really would like all of us to survive and in this case the lead skill would probably be the most efficient solution for the problem at hand. If you don't want to co-operate, you don't have to, and if you have another idea, I'm all ears. :)
► Show Spoiler
KnickKnack's actions:
Active: lead other conscious kobolds (Ludo and Krat) to heal the wounded (Ludo heals Krat & Krat heals Nockit; I'm assuming that giving someone else first aid isn't strainous enough to make Krat's condition go from bad to worse) [Lead]

Conditional: If Ludo/Krat don't want to attempt to heal Krat/Nockit, she will run back to the colony (taking whatever loot she can with her in the process to leave it there) and gather any idle kobolds (preferably Zim among them, he has the heal skill) and whatever bandages she can find and bring them back to the gnome camp, and lead THEM to heal the wounded.
Passive: gather up the spoils (frisk gnomes, loot everything, dispose of bodies - preferably in a way that makes it look like they were killed by animals or accident - obscure any trails/tracks) and go back to the mine, preferably not in a direct line
If necessary, construct a makeshift stretcher for the wounded by using the two willow wood as structure and the backpacks as the part whereupon the wounded are lying (Just place the wood parallel to each other at a distance about a kobold's width and pull the straps of the backpack, that normally would go over the arms of the wearer around it. Tie it together and place the injured ones that cannot walk on their own on it, if there's still room and this won't put the Nockit and/or Krat at risk, we can put some of the loot on it, too.) [craft wood? and/or perception/stealth to obscure our presence and any tracks we might be leaving]

Clarification: I don't want to CRAFT a stretcher, just use the object that are there together. It's just tying a knot into the straps of the backpacks or something. I don't want to end up with an item 'stretcher', but I want to preserve the wood and the backpacks as they are. This is just a temporary modification.
Training: Healing (non-magical) (Int)
Since this will be the 20th skill, I'd like KnickKnack to get another point in strength, please.

► Show Spoiler
@ loot:
I would like KnickKnack to get: one leather armor [leather (goat)], the book, a bedroll and the ring [metal (gold), gem (ruby)] (ooooooh, shiny! XD)
► Show Spoiler
Copy/Paste and add what you want to take. If someone else took something you would want, move it to the disputed section and we can work out accordingly.

@ RP with Traknesh:
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:59 am

Krat sees the fight is over and uses his last bit of energy to crawl back to the battleground. In case it's one of the gnomes that says he can see a rib Krat will crawl towards him (or just the one breathing quickly.) He'll grab the ruby ring and put it on deciding that the blood red ruby wouldn't hurt as he grabs at the wounds with both hands on the quickly dying gnome with a big grin on his face showing his sharp teeth.
"This will hurt you more than help me, but that's alright."
Krat will then try to muster every bit of magical energy inside him, the ruby ring and in the gnomes blood in order to drain the last bit of life from him and into Krat while clenching to the wounds of the gnome.

If it works, Krat will stand up again and brush a bit of the dust off him
"That helped a lot, guess I should help with taking care of Nockit now?"
He'll try his best at using first aid on Nockit then.

I'm thinking a bit like Death kneel from D&D except for it healing me rather than giving temporary hp and boosting strenght and spellcasting. (Maybe have both version that you can alternate between?)

Training: Blood magic >:D
Active action: Perform blood magic on gnome (See text above for details) and perhaps return to the mine with loot.
Passive action: Help with first aid.
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by Theis2 on Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked