D'jinn keeper: ooc planning strategy etc...

Home to all current Forum Games.
Donnigan
Chronically Blathering
UStream Username: Donnigan90

Re: D'jinn keeper: ooc planning strategy etc...

Post by Donnigan » Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:57 pm

Synch wrote:
Donnigan wrote:You cOuld always be our carpenter. That way your stats Wouldn't be gimped.
Good suggestion, my new knife will help with the carpentry skill, so I shall be our resident carpenter (and grenadier!)

Any requests for things to be made? Some wooden tools/spears etc?
Boxes for storage, maybe?
Madre de Dios! Es el Pollo Diablo!

¡Sí! ¡He dejado en libertad los prisioneros y ahora vengo por ti!

kida
Gives Speeches

Post by kida » Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:30 pm

The way I understand crafting in this game,
you might want to focus on crafting components of a tool/weapon(e.g. handle for knife, handle for crossbow)
If we manage to create masterwork components of an item we might assemble it to legendary item.

ETA: we might want to enchant the components also.

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:55 pm

as I understood it the components did not have quality. What determined quality was how well they were assembled. Now we could potentially improve the component designs thereby improving the stats of the final item, but not the quality.
Righteous OneVengeful One in Goblin Adventurer's League
Righteous Charger in Capture the flag
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

thunteater
Of Few Words

Post by thunteater » Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:37 pm

kida wrote:TE - could you provide costs of the following blueprints?
Simple Training Room
Simple Library
Simple Arena

[Simple Training Room]
[Requires Carpentry]
Requires Tailoring]
[Requires Smithing]
[Requires Stoneworking]
This room is designed for the organized training. Components within it range from archer buttes, to wooden dummies that spin and swing back at you each time they are struck.
[Level 1 Building]
[Can accommodate 5 creatures a Week.]
[Trains Combat Skills up to level 2]
[Cost to build: 20 (Any Kind) Planks, 10 (Any Kind) Nails (Or Any Kind Dowels), 20 Bolts of (Any Kind) Cloth, 20 (Any Kind) Bricks]

[Simple Library]
[Requires Carpentry]
Requires Tailoring]
[Requires Smithing]
[Requires Stoneworking]
A small, cozy Library. Its walls are lined with bookcases, while it has a single small desk and cushioned chair, illuminated by a single candlabra.
[Level 1 Building]
[Books no longer immediately take Durability Damage on use, instead, there is a 1d100 Roll, with a DC of 60. If this is beaten, no durability damage occurs]
[Cost to build: 10 (Any Kind) Planks, 5 (Any Kind) Nails (Or Any Kind Dowels), 20 Bolts of (Any Kind) Cloth, 10 (Any Kind) Bricks]

[Simple Arena]
[Requires Carpentry]
Requires Tailoring]
[Requires Smithing]
[Requires Stoneworking]
[Requires Mining]
This room is designed with pit-fighting in mind. A balcony circles a large pit, which is lined with various gutters and drains to wick away blood. The walls are lined with wooden spikes, and various traps and dangers are scattered across the Arena, making it just as deadly as the foes you face within it.
[Level 1 Building]
[Creatures fighting in this Pit have a chance to have all of their HP restored at the end of the fight. DC 70]
[Balcony can accommodate 5 creatures a Week.]
[Balcony offers a small Morale bonus, as creatures watch the fights.]
[Cost to build: 40 (Any Kind) Planks, 30 (Any Kind) Nails (Or Any Kind Dowels), 40 Bolts of (Any Kind) Cloth, 40 (Any Kind) Bricks]

Mind you, these are level 1 structures. Needless to say, higher level structures offer better rewards..
D'jinn Keeper Stuff:
► Show Spoiler

thunteater
Of Few Words

Post by thunteater » Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:42 pm

ChuckDaRighteous wrote:as I understood it the components did not have quality. What determined quality was how well they were assembled. Now we could potentially improve the component designs thereby improving the stats of the final item, but not the quality.
You can craft a Masterwork Hilt. It would improve the base stats on the Hilt. For instance, a Masterwork Small Oak Hilt would go from:

Oak Small Hilt:
[Durability Bonus to Final Item: -1]
[Damage Bonus to Final Item: +0]
[Swing Speed Bonus to Final Item: +1 Attacks Per Round]
[To Hit Bonus to Final Item: +0]
[Weapon Range Bonus to Final item: +0 Tiles]

To:

Oak Small Hilt (Masterwork):
[Durability Bonus to Final Item: +1]
[Damage Bonus to Final Item: +1]
[Swing Speed Bonus to Final Item: +2 Attacks Per Round]
[To Hit Bonus to Final Item: +1]
[Weapon Range Bonus to Final item: +0 Tiles]

The stats improved are randomized and determined by a die roll, as is the amount they're improved, so no two Masterworks are ever going to be the same, but these stats determine the final objects stats.

Think of crafting in this system as follows:

The material determines the quality of the component.
The components determine the stats of the final item.

Better materials can make a better item.
Masterwork Components can make a better item.
Both make it a great item.

All masterwork components and a Masterwork roll on crafting the item can make a Legendary Item, with stats that will rival items even five or six tiers above it.

Simple items don't have many components that -can- have quality. For instance, a crit roll on crafting some planks will just yield more planks, or possibly a new method for refining planks. Swords, weapons, and more advanced or complex items, however, require individual components.
D'jinn Keeper Stuff:
► Show Spoiler

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:55 pm

thunteater wrote:[Books no longer immediately take Durability Damage on use, instead, there is a 1d100 Roll, with a DC of 60. If this is beaten, no durability damage occurs]
uhhh... maybe we should hold off on reading that smithing book till we get this. Of the options though I think the training room would likely be the best.

Also I thought occurred to me. For our cooking efforts, no one touch the aloe perryi. I have alchemy plans to try and make a healing salve for burns out of it, but I won't get around to it this week because of all my other actions. And I think I'll likely need it since if I succeed in recruiting the dragon I'm gonna try training with it.Edit: realized that we only discoverd it, not harvested it.

Also Don if you're making baskets could you make the larger back slot kind?
Last edited by ChuckDaRighteous on Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

kida
Gives Speeches

Post by kida » Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:19 pm

We could try to create assembly line for quality items.
Carpenter will create the wood components.
Smith will create the metal components.
Artisian could take only the masterwork components and try to craft the item.
It could take many AP but we could create many good items.
I would join this effort but my beholder doesn't have hands.
I can probably try to enchant the items.
If you don't want tO spend AP we could have NPC do it.

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:43 pm

Since 1 AP can craft the multiple components to craft 1 full item and then the item itself, 1 ap should potentially craft multiple components. And at the moment, we're so under supplied that if we can't produce multiple components for a single ap, I'd prefer mass production over super quality, at least for the moment. Besides once upgrading the components and recipes above simple and add things like guards to protect our hands, then we can focus on producing a few quality items.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:04 am

I don't mind doing stoneworking too - one of the few other skills I can have :P

Chuck, would you be able to include a materials stocktake in your first post also? Just so we can see how many materials and components we have. Looks like I may need to make a lot of planks, dowels and handles!
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:48 am

So, we've been thinking very flat 2dish lately, expanding the map, etc....but what about going down...

Okay, so, what if they front entrance pit doesn't end in spikes, but is more like a well slicked tube (eventually), which leads down maybe 50-100 feet and drops them off into The Arena...then the minions can watch adventurers try to fight their way out....and then we kill them.. For Fun, For Glory...For Entertainment.

Also, Since gnolls seem to do better when they are around other gnolls, I have a desire to put all the gnolls into a group together to do everything....perhaps we can be diggers/stoneworkers or something.

kida
Gives Speeches

Post by kida » Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:12 am

The bonus for gnolls is when they stay within 2 miles from eachother.
So unless they go for far away mission you'll be ok.

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:48 am

Synch wrote:I don't mind doing stoneworking too - one of the few other skills I can have :P

Chuck, would you be able to include a materials stocktake in your first post also? Just so we can see how many materials and components we have. Looks like I may need to make a lot of planks, dowels and handles!
I started it last night. I came up with a gross materials gained list, but I still need to subtract all the stuff we consumed. Its time consuming because some stuff doesn't exactly say what was used, and then I gotta go look up formulas. It will be up soon hopefully.
BadgeAddict wrote:So, we've been thinking very flat 2dish lately, expanding the map, etc....but what about going down...
lol, I was thinking the opposite. Lets go up and create a watch tower in the side of the mountain where guards can have a good vantage point to watch for adventurers and fire arrows down upon them.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:08 am

Updated the dungeon stockpile.
However I did not finish it. I didn't end up subtracting resources from crafts. Its a lot of work and some things are confusing:

Pit trap consumption: Managed to discover some nails left in an old wooden support pillar. Scavenged some Planks and Wooden Long Blades from the Lumber Camp while it was being repaired, without anyone noticing. bashed stuff with a rock until it all fell into place. ÔÇônothing?

Construct hammer: 1 (Any Kind) Lump, 1 (Any Kind) Nail (Or 1 (Any Kind) dowel), 1 (any kind) medium hilt, requires a knife to produce (we donÔÇÖt have some of this stuff- confusedness)

If any of you care to puzzle it out go for it and I'll update it. Also I still need to update the formatting. Also I didn't subtract what people have equipped. A lot of work left to do but I need a break.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

thunteater
Of Few Words

Post by thunteater » Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:11 pm

ChuckDaRighteous wrote:Updated the dungeon stockpile.
However I did not finish it. I didn't end up subtracting resources from crafts. Its a lot of work and some things are confusing:
Pit trap and hammer were free this week, in the case of these two inventions. They managed to "Scavenge" the required materials from the mines.

Synch created his knife using 2 Soapstones.

Grass woven baskets were woven using the grass that they found. The regular ones cost 25 grass each, the big one cost 75 grass. (left with 27 grass)
D'jinn Keeper Stuff:
► Show Spoiler

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:57 pm

Or I could just ask you.

I'm assuming the repair job cost 2 soapstone bricks and 2 oak planks [(base 40 & 40)(1/10 repair)(1/2 crit success)]

also since I don't see the stuff, I'm assuming noland's spear and game's hoe were also free

also noticed it says we have 1,0000 bricks, I'm assuming that's supposed to be 1,000 and not 10,000. (extra 0 not a misplaced comma)

also do we have an AC and Durability for walnut planks?

Finally I'm assuming all these freebies are only a opening week easy mode and we're actually gonna have to refine components soon.

Note to everyone else: Please double check your own character's exp values. Some of the stuff was split up over the post and I actually missed some of Ruk-Ruk's and my experience when I first posted. I'm gonna try to do this each week but I'm not infallible, so please double check your own characters and let me know.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

Donnigan
Chronically Blathering
UStream Username: Donnigan90

Post by Donnigan » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:03 am

My section looks alright to me. Although I do have a question.
Grum-Dar Earned 20 Foraging EXP / 5 Stealth EXP Grum-Dar's Foraging Skill is now level 1.
This has Grum-Dar Earning a Level from 20 EXP in foraging. Is that the required amount for all first level skills, or just Grum-Dar? Because, I got 20 in foraging and it didn't say anything about that. Also, I got 25 in Tailoring and 40 in Diplomacy, so those are presumable leveled as well.

Ruk-Ruk has also gained substantial Experience Points and hasn't "Leveled".

Speaking of which, you might want to add Grum-Dar to the list, since he also seems to be a lucky Minion.
Madre de Dios! Es el Pollo Diablo!

¡Sí! ¡He dejado en libertad los prisioneros y ahora vengo por ti!

thunteater
Of Few Words

Post by thunteater » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:18 am

Donnigan wrote:My section looks alright to me. Although I do have a question.
Grum-Dar Earned 20 Foraging EXP / 5 Stealth EXP Grum-Dar's Foraging Skill is now level 1.
This has Grum-Dar Earning a Level from 20 EXP in foraging. Is that the required amount for all first level skills, or just Grum-Dar? Because, I got 20 in foraging and it didn't say anything about that. Also, I got 25 in Tailoring and 40 in Diplomacy, so those are presumable leveled as well.

Ruk-Ruk has also gained substantial Experience Points and hasn't "Leveled".

Speaking of which, you might want to add Grum-Dar to the list, since he also seems to be a lucky Minion.
I pointed out Grum-Dar so you guys could get an idea of how much exp is required to level, yeah. The actual leveling and such will be shown when I get to the post.

that was an extra 0 on the bricks.
Plank AC's and stuff is mostly there so you know how much it will give to a wall. building armor from it won't actually give you that much AC, it's basically to let you know "if you use 10 of these to build a wall, this is how much AC/HP the wall will get, to protect your room", and yeah.. walls and doors -will- get attacked, if adventurers think there might be something to gain by doing so.. they also slow down adventurers, if they're properly placed, so that you have time to reset traps, etc.
D'jinn Keeper Stuff:
► Show Spoiler

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:06 am

Well, if you guys think it's okay to have two jobs, I'd happily be smith AND cook.

Also, I didn't understand how the stuff e.g. RukRuk looted even works. It it RukRuk's now or can anyone use the pot, smithing book, ... ?
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:10 am

From what I understand the stuff goes to the community storage before its claimed. Although apparently that may have something to do with him doing my bidding??? So feel free to use them.

As for having 2 jobs, there is bound to be some cross over, between some of the jobs and I think most of us will in the end have some exp and lvls in most areas. If you for example tried to make a spear with a metal head and wooden shaft it would likely be smithing and carpentry. I think we should all have 2 or 3 areas of expertise in the crafting area. I also think it might be wise to end up with at least 2 of us in each area, so we're not dependent on a single person, depending on demand and how much the minions help out. So as far as I'm concerned you can have both jobs.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:16 am

Actually, there should be crossover as much as possible. Though with some research you should be able to find skills that go hand in hand very well.

What I'm trying to say is: Lets say you had metalworking and tailoring, this may allow you to make studded leather armor (tailoring for the leather armor & Metalworking for the studs). It's not just so we're not dependent on one person but also because i will bet that the more advanced items or buildings will require a lot of cross-over between skills.

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:52 pm

thunteater wrote:DUCK continued to splash around, before, finally, realizing if he simply stood up, he wouldn't drown. He promptly did this, and began to search around the shallows of the lake. His empty, black eyes came to rest on a strange jelly floating on the surface. DUCK loved jelly, and thus, DUCK ate it. Almost immediately, excruciating pain, even for a gremlin, tore through DUCK's hands. His fingers melted together, and soon, his hands had turned into flippers. A deep, toothy frown painted DUCK's lips, as he stared on sadly at his new flippers. Tears streaming down his face, flippers extended above his head, he ran off screaming "DUUUUUUCK.. DUUUUUUUUCK", towards the mines. "GOOSE!" shouted the female orc, Ylar, laughter escaping her lips.
[Fingers merge into flippers. +1 to movement in water, -5 to all Physical Skill Checks]
Right now this makes Duck a lot less useful. I've been thinking we might try to find another one of those jellies and with some work try to enhance Duck's transformation. I'm imagining turning him into some sort lochness monster/guard dog like thing. The question is do we just feed him more, try and enhance the transformation magically, or try to enhance the transformation via alchemical process? I was thinking I'd try doing it with alchemy, though if someone has a better idea I'm open to it.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:45 pm

Hey guys see some of you are voting already going to hold off just just so i don't change my votes mid way this time but just a thought.

Those that want to build a training room might want to specify which room to build it in.

Also maybe a silly question but can't quite find it in the posts....Is the current store room also the D'jinn chamber? If it is then I think it fine to upgrade but maybe we might need in the future can we move the D'jinn crystal, maybe to the newly found treasure room.

Also if we don't end up cooking the food some of it will go to waste, However we could use some of it to as bait if some one wants to use there own actions to make a fishing rod and go fishing.
► Show Spoiler
Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:25 pm

Ok, I just saw the updated fuel mechanics. If we want to do the better cooking recipes we need the pit. And it would be more efficient to do a ton of cooking and use the 50 per week option instead of the 10 per use. So I think we should choose to have the minions do it, not just a PC or two. Also we don't know if a PC or two can produce enough to sustain the population without a significant AP investment. Though we can still have PCs do it too and gain more for the same fuel cost.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

Zombiegamer
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Zombiegamer » Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:22 pm

► Show Spoiler
Apologies for posting on the main thread, accidentally switched to the other one when writing this.
► Show Spoiler

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:18 pm

I mean I'm not sure what we would bribe them with that we have. I don't think we have the means to throw a suitable party. We don't have a great hall or anything. No booze, no great bards, no sophisticated food, no concubines. Yeah that would be one dismal party.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10