D'jinn keeper: ooc planning strategy etc...

Home to all current Forum Games.
ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

D'jinn keeper: ooc planning strategy etc...

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:18 pm

Creating this so we have some place to discuss our plans without continuing to clutter up the main thread.

Also I'll try to keep track of important stats or information in the OP here so we have an easy reference. Shoot me a message if there is something you want me to keep track of here. Also please keep track of your own characters and double check me on them, I do make mistakes.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by ChuckDaRighteous on Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:58 am, edited 10 times in total.
Righteous OneVengeful One in Goblin Adventurer's League
Righteous Charger in Capture the flag
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Re: D'jinn keeper: ooc planning strategy etc...

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:53 pm

Posted some of this on the other thread but after creating this thread I'm moving it here:

On the exp book. We should probably decide on who would like what job(s). Since we have the smithing book that is a huge boon for whoever goes into it. We should probably have a couple people go into each job so weÔÇÖre not all relying on one person for a task. Also even though it may not be our forte, we should all eventually read any book that offers ~50+ exp in a race-skilled field since itÔÇÖs such a huge gain and it lets us do the little stuff so we donÔÇÖt have to burden our focused craftsmen with anything but the big stuff. Pat seems to be going the enchanter route, Don is thinking of tailor, and IÔÇÖm thinking IÔÇÖll try my hand at alchemy. Anyone else care to share what they may be going for? And who wants that smithing book? I might suggest smith Don simply to take advantage of what you could pass to those apprentices via the book.

How do we want to divide up loot? IÔÇÖm not going to take anything this week since IÔÇÖm not out doing things in the open. But I would like at least one of the magic items since I do intend to spend a lot of time out in the world.

We have two potential allies to recruit. I'd like some diplomacy exp so I'm going to try my hand at recruiting the dragon. Does anyone else care to try with the satyr?
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

kida
Gives Speeches

Post by kida » Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:07 pm

Why don't you try to recruit both of them.
You could specialize in diplomacy.

I'll probably go to explore the statue. As a beholder I'll probably try to develop magic/enchant skills.

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:07 am

I wouldn't mind becoming the/a smith. I kind of like crafting a lot. And inventing. But I'm also highly interested in cooking stuff. Someone has to take care of the raw meat, (especially larvae and minnows), anyway before it rots.

Not sure if Flinda would have time for both. What do you guys think about that?
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

gamecreator
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by gamecreator » Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:19 am

I'm fine with being whatever unoccupied profession remains.

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:38 am

Actually, I could try to recruit both allies. I'd already planned a few actions and thought I only had 1 action left over for recruiting. However I didn't end up doing that third scout last week, so I have one more action than I originally thought.

As for processing the food, I thought that may be a voted minion job, but if someone wants to volunteer to become a cook then by all means go for it.

Speaking of voted minion jobs, I was also thinking we should repair/upgrade the store room or make chests/shelves/whatever for it before we start losing goods. Finally, apparently certain buildings can be randomly visited by minions in their spare time for some bonus exp. TE mentioned the training room, arena, and library. Since we don't have many books, I'm thinking we should build one of the first two. Still up in the air as to the 4th action.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:41 am

Yep I was hoping to try an identify the magic items next turn whilst increasing my enchanting more and if i have a spare action i would try and then teach the other beholders some lore/enchanting. So they might get into a position to create there own spells.

As for things i think we need to focus on next round.

We need more baskets/ holders built,
we need the storage room upgraded/cleaned maybe invest in making some chests/ shelves
nd we need the kitchen up and running so we can cook food and not lose it to rot.
as such we need to fix the firepit and i think mine some of the coal...tho i think we might have "fuel" not sure what type as some cooked goods say pot and coal to make.

this is my view on what the bulk of minions should do, with us as players filling in extra personal preferences, like inventing recipes, exploring and other smaller projects.
► Show Spoiler
Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem

Donnigan
Chronically Blathering
UStream Username: Donnigan90

Post by Donnigan » Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:55 am

I was thinking of just going Tailor and making the Baskets with my apprentices, since we need more. But if Folks think I should be a Blacksmith, I won't object.
Madre de Dios! Es el Pollo Diablo!

¡Sí! ¡He dejado en libertad los prisioneros y ahora vengo por ti!

kida
Gives Speeches

Post by kida » Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:14 am

TE - could you provide costs of the following blueprints?
Simple Training Room
Simple Library
Simple Arena

I think one action should be to gather wood or other building material (another option is to mine for coal)

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:32 am

I don't really know what I can do, I'm just a gremlin :?

I was thinking maybe stealth /sneakiness for exploring and covert operations?
► Show Spoiler

gamecreator
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by gamecreator » Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:48 am

kida wrote:I think one action should be to gather wood or other building material
We have 1k wood and 10k stone.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:04 am

Oh good, you made this post, thanks Chuck....

So....I think defenses need to be a priority.... And thus, Badge (the gnoll) will become head guardsman/fortification expert mastering in all things trap making and such... given that, I think I will need a wide range of skills in which to design traps....and i really really want that collapsing bridge.

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:56 am

Donnigan wrote:I was thinking of just going Tailor and making the Baskets with my apprentices, since we need more. But if Folks think I should be a Blacksmith, I won't object.
I was pointing out we have a 69 exp skill book. Which becomes 138 with the legacy bonus. That means if you chose smithing and read it, they would gain 34.5 exp (34 rounded down), in addition to any other smithing you did. That is a HUGE gain. That said we can still use a tailor and you seem to have already started down that road. Also, with the book and our legacy bonus we can make smiths easy enough that you going that route isn't at all necessary. I was simply pointing out a possible advantage.
Synch wrote:I don't really know what I can do, I'm just a gremlin :?

I was thinking maybe stealth /sneakiness for exploring and covert operations?
► Show Spoiler
Just like to point out stealth is not one of your skills but its still possible.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:26 am

ChuckDaRighteous wrote: Just like to point out stealth is not one of your skills but its still possible.
Yeah unfortunately I have very few skills, this just seems like an interesting thing to do. Unless I become some master gatherer or something, which seems a lot less fun :?
► Show Spoiler

Donnigan
Chronically Blathering
UStream Username: Donnigan90

Post by Donnigan » Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:45 am

You cOuld always be our carpenter. That way your stats Wouldn't be gimped.

And i think I'll use one of my actions next round to read the book in a tailory fashion, if people don't mind. Having three skilled tailors would be good when we don't have many supplies for metal stuff.

The other wiuld be to make more baskets with what's left.
Madre de Dios! Es el Pollo Diablo!

¡Sí! ¡He dejado en libertad los prisioneros y ahora vengo por ti!

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:12 am

On the combat side you could become a thrower. Its not gimped, you don't have to get close with your low hp, and D'jinn help us all if we ever develop explosives and give them to the insane little gremlin.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

Nolandking
Converses Frequently

Post by Nolandking » Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:49 am

ChuckDaRighteous wrote:On the combat side you could become a thrower. Its not gimped, you don't have to get close with your low hp, and D'jinn help us all if we ever develop explosives and give them to the insane little gremlin.
>:D suicidal bomber gremlins ftw

Jokes aside I was also thinking of being in a more combat oriented role. My plan is to train my gnoll in spear combat skill and maybe if am lucky and he survive long enough I was thinking of creating a gnolls combat brigand and having a room in the mines that we can lead party to (kind of like a mob trap room).

I could just see it now a brigand ready to tear party limb to limb.
► Show Spoiler
Haven't played this signature game in a long while but I'll try it out again.

Help these poor little guys hatch.

kida
Gives Speeches

Post by kida » Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:38 am

Noland - I think it will be good if we build the training room or area, you could get bonus on your training.

badge - do you want to try to create a trap together? I think we could make an exploding trap if we charge one of the gems with mana.
My beholder could charge the gem for you and you could build the trap (since I don't have hands).

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:04 am

I would be honored to be your hands and feet kida. You and I shall build traps so powerful it will destroy the sun.....I can see it now...

speaking of which...what if we could just create something similar to a flash grenade with magic instead. Blind the adventurers and allow minions to take them down.

kida
Gives Speeches

Post by kida » Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:35 am

:)

Sounds good, that way the minions will get exp.

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:53 am

Donnigan wrote:And i think I'll use one of my actions next round to read the book in a tailory fashion, if people don't mind. Having three skilled tailors would be good when we don't have many supplies for metal stuff.
Umm... you do realize it is a smithing book? Not sure if that was clear so I'll just make sure.
Nolandking wrote:
ChuckDaRighteous wrote:On the combat side you could become a thrower. Its not gimped, you don't have to get close with your low hp, and D'jinn help us all if we ever develop explosives and give them to the insane little gremlin.
>:D suicidal bomber gremlins ftw
I was thinking more along the lines of grenades than suicide vests but that works too. Much more devious. Suicide vest would probably have worked better with goblins though since they breed twice as fast. Or perhaps we could find some small otherwise useless creature that we could use like tickers from GoW.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

kida
Gives Speeches

Post by kida » Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:15 pm

We could summon more gremlins for gold.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:43 pm

Speaking of summoning....i wonder what all creatures might exist on other planes and such that we could summon...

Either that or some stone golems would be nice, especially for heavy manual labor.

kida
Gives Speeches

Post by kida » Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:15 pm

We could try to animate skeletons.

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:56 pm

Donnigan wrote:You cOuld always be our carpenter. That way your stats Wouldn't be gimped.
Good suggestion, my new knife will help with the carpentry skill, so I shall be our resident carpenter (and grenadier!)

Any requests for things to be made? Some wooden tools/spears etc?
► Show Spoiler