D'jinn keeper: ooc planning strategy etc...

Home to all current Forum Games.
Zombiegamer
Mumbles Incoherently

Re: D'jinn keeper: ooc planning strategy etc...

Post by Zombiegamer » Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:12 pm

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Edit End: Otherwise, thank you for considering it, Chuck.
It was also helpful that you bothered to elaborate on your reasoning afterwards on what you think would happen if the strategy was attempted; the judgment was perfectly reasonable.
► Show Spoiler

thunteater
Of Few Words

Post by thunteater » Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:29 am

Cooking + Alchemy + apples + wine typically only takes 3 - 7 days to ferment.
D'jinn Keeper Stuff:
► Show Spoiler

gamecreator
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by gamecreator » Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:33 am

And then we can pour it onto something (or someone) and set it on fire.

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:08 pm

Ok, due to a nice bonus we can now construct 3 building with 1 action this turn. We all sorta decided on a training room it seems. Now the question is what about the other 2. And do we want to do 3 as it increases the difficulty? I'd go at least 2 buildings personally.

Options from the building blueprint list:
Tiny Treasury
Rotted Fishing Dock
Mass-Sleeping Area
Firepit Kitchen
Old Workshop*
Simple Training Room
Simple Library
Simple Gatehouse
Simple Hunting Camp
Simple Watch Tower*
Simple Armory*
Simple Arena
Simple Private Chamber*
Simple Warehouse
Simple Mining Camp
Old Lumber Camp
Simple Tavern*
Simple Bridge

*what exactly does this building do? I can sorta guess on most but would like some clarification

Without those clarifications I'd go with training room, mining camp, arena?
Righteous OneVengeful One in Goblin Adventurer's League
Righteous Charger in Capture the flag
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:29 pm

we need something over the pit to help with access so maybe the simple bridge (to upgrade later to become a drawbridge? trap door)

and i'm going to vote simple library as we have that mining book that will be very useful and we don't want it to degrade to quickly.
► Show Spoiler
Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:27 pm

I was under the impression badge was going to continue working on bridging his pit, though you are right it may be better to just go for the simple bridge and upgrade it to a drawbridge.

And I can see your reasoning on the library. Not sure book degregation works. Destroyed? Less exp offered? I guess without knowing it is better to play it safe.

My thought was a mining camp would help gather us plenty of resources to produce weapons/armor/etc, and the arena would help us be ready for battle. I'm thinking if badge doesn't take care of the pit this turn we can do the bridge. Otherwise I'd like to do one of these.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:27 pm

A fishing dock, so we can fish and get more meat? Saves on trying to hunt dangerous things and potentially injuring ourselves. I've already voted for producing hooks and line.
► Show Spoiler

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:02 am

All i'm thinking is as player actions happen at random times, if badge rolls a three again his actions happen nearer end of the week and will effect the rest of the gathering at the beginning so getting a bridge down as first priority, (tho if a couple of long planks covering the hole for now works that might be simplest).

I agree with the mining camp tho, as this should be our strongest point as we have a lot of pluses to it and we should focus on this as much as possible.
Tho I think being able to feed everyone first should be a priority(so making baskets and starting on the docks is also top of my list) As beholder tho I deliberately ignored this option this time ;)
► Show Spoiler
Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem

NewOneAround
Likes to Contribute

Post by NewOneAround » Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:11 am

Hello im New

I have been placed into Zeun the Minotaur.
I`d like to do some stonecrafting/jewelery (i figure its the same job because `polishing gems`and sharpening a block of stone inte an axe head seems similar to me.)

I think even when we do not try to get the attention of the village we should try to get our people armed.
Now we have:
Weapons:
1 Soapstone Axe

Armor:
1 Rotted Doghide Jerkin

Creatures:
Orcs: 19 (3 Player)
Our Basic Grunt. Pesonally I`d like them to get a one handed weapon shields and as much armor as they can carry.
Perhaps 5 of them ranged. With the same armor.

Gnolls: 10 (2 Player)
I see them as primary workforce and only secondary `home defence force`. Any suggestions on armament?

Minotaur: 8 (3 Player)
Our heavy hitters. Medium to heavy armor and weapons that pack a punch (i.e. two handed axes and hammer)

Beholders: 8 (3 Player)
Need no arms (in lack of arms). Perhaps light armor.

Gremlins: 5 (1 Player)
If these guys have to fight we did something terribly wrong.

I'd like us to make:
5 1-h axes out of stone and wood (we have already one of these and I like axe-bashing orcs)
2 ranges weapons (1 short bow, 1 sling)(we need leather for bowstrings or slings)
3 2-h weapons out of stone and wood (1 hammer, 1 axes, 1 helbard) (so we can look at the stats and choose what to build for the minotaurs)

Anyone suggestion about things I missed. (or wants to build a peaceful dungeon without weapons :P )

And while I like to have a dragon in our dungeon... why do you try to get that satyr? Its moraly not compatible with us (I think so... normaly fea and similar cratures dont try to kill stuff to make the soul of it to mana for a D'Jinn)
I say we take the player Minotaurs get it and kill it for meat, bones, fur and soul. Well thats my humble opinion.
GM for a Kobold Mine

Cutting, building and assembling inside of Castle Heterodyne [Salpicon]
Being on hold while working under the D'Jinn [Zeun]
Beeing a lost Goblin Slave (a.k.a. Mineling) in a godforsaken Hole [Complains]
Full of excitement for the rise of a new Civilisation

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:29 am

Patdragon wrote:All i'm thinking is as player actions happen at random times, if badge rolls a three again his actions happen nearer end of the week and will effect the rest of the gathering at the beginning so getting a bridge down as first priority, (tho if a couple of long planks covering the hole for now works that might be simplest).
True, though the actions I voted for were all indoor actions that didn't require us to go out (build/repair/upgrade/cook). The only outdoor thing that's been voted for has been gathering, which atm isn't in the lead.

NOA, if the satyr doesn't join us then we can kill it. However, satyrs could potentially offer some unique abilities or skills sets. Not sure what exactly TE has in mind for it to be able to do but I would like to see. Based on what I little I do know about them, I can see some potential uses. And it may not be an exact match to our alignment but its not complete opposite either.

As for weapons and armor, we have more than you mentioned. Check the stockpile I'm keeping updated on the first page. Although I kept our magic items off there because they're not identified yet. I think for the moment it would be better to focus on tools that can be used as weapons rather than try all different types. An axe can help chop wood, or take someone's head off, A hammer can help construct or bash someone's rib cage in, a pickaxe can mine minerals or be dug into the enemy chest, where as a sword could be potentially better at combat but... well it's just as sword. That said I have been toying with the idea of making a sword for some upcoming actions so I may be a hypocrite.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

NewOneAround
Likes to Contribute

Post by NewOneAround » Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:13 am

Thanks for the work with the resources.

ok we have a few weapons. I thought about axes and hammer. Dont like swords ;) Go ahead and build a sword for yourself. I was talking about equipment for the tropper

Try to recruit that satyr. Im in if we're killing him.
GM for a Kobold Mine

NewOneAround
Likes to Contribute

Post by NewOneAround » Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:57 pm

Well our votes seem to go to
Update Storeroom
Repair Forge
Build Stuff x3

But 4. placed is a draw.
I need to be boring. As strongly I recommend wipping the gremlins do we realy have to spend 12,5 creatures whipping them to make 5 (4 without the PC) work faster? Seems like a waste to me.
GM for a Kobold Mine

thunteater
Of Few Words

Post by thunteater » Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:56 pm

NewOneAround wrote:But 4. placed is a draw.
I need to be boring. As strongly I recommend wipping the gremlins do we realy have to spend 12,5 creatures whipping them to make 5 (4 without the PC) work faster? Seems like a waste to me.
You make a valid point. In the future, this will be available as a free action, still voted on, however.
D'jinn Keeper Stuff:
► Show Spoiler

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:45 pm

thunteater wrote:
You make a valid point. In the future, this will be available as a free action, still voted on, however.
Wait, do I get whipped too, being a Gremlin? Or am I excluded as a Djinn-born player Gremlin?
► Show Spoiler

kida
Gives Speeches

Post by kida » Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:39 pm

As I undesrtand it you get whipped and you get more action points

thunteater
Of Few Words

Post by thunteater » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:33 am

Synch wrote:
thunteater wrote:
Wait, do I get whipped too, being a Gremlin? Or am I excluded as a Djinn-born player Gremlin?
Nope, you're included in the whippings. You just get two rolls for every action, and lose 1 HP for the week, unless you try to spend your time avoiding the whippings.
D'jinn Keeper Stuff:
► Show Spoiler