D'Jinn Keeper

Home to all current Forum Games.
thunteater
Of Few Words

Re: D'Jinn Keeper

Post by thunteater » Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:40 am

ChuckDaRighteous wrote:Love the story and appreciate the work you put into it.

Although from the resource post I thought we were going to kidnap the prisoner. Three of the actions I had planned next turn revolved around it in fact. But it works out all the same since I have a ton of other actions I was planning on doing in later turns which I can now do sooner.
kida wrote:I like Ruk-Ruk. We should give him a lead goblet ;)
After his finds I'm considering him a gem-encrusted solid-gold goblet.

Nah, you guys just did a quick smash and grab. Careful with prisoners.. you never know why they're locked up, or what they'll be like once you let them out. They could just run off, they could alert the adventurers, or lead them back to your nest.. or they could simply kill and rob you. of course, they could also sing your praises, or lead you to buried treasure.
D'jinn Keeper Stuff:
► Show Spoiler

Donnigan
Chronically Blathering
UStream Username: Donnigan90

Post by Donnigan » Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:45 am

Donnigan considers his hot (To his body, at least. He finds it a little confusing to be attracted to so much fur. And horns. And...) new proteges before deciding that the lot of them should be Tailors! He will then decide that the groups needs help with their gathering if they are to prosper...And to do that they will need Baskets! Which he plans on supplying them with, with the help of he beautiful assistants of course. He will spend one action this week gathering grasses to weave with and will then spend the remainder creating Large Baskets with his apprentices as long as the supplies hold out, possibly going out to gather more.

Actions:

1-2: Gather Long Grass for Baskets.

2-3: Create Baskets, focusing on the Large variety and aiming to make them of the highest quality.
Madre de Dios! Es el Pollo Diablo!

¡Sí! ¡He dejado en libertad los prisioneros y ahora vengo por ti!

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:30 am

My votes:

A) upgrade: storeroom
C) repair: forge
F) build: training room
G) production: cooked goods

My actions:
Basic housekeeping (things I donÔÇÖt think take action points): Chuck will reward Ruk-Ruk for his well-performed services last week by giving him the halberd he found. This is more than a reward as it is part bribe for Chuck will try to convince him to continue his service indefinitely as his faithful companion/sidekick/bodyguard. Or at least extend his service or improve his disposition toward him.
► Show Spoiler
(as I understand it people must vote affirmative for me to be able to give the halberd to Ruk-Ruk)

1AP recruit dragon: Chuck and Ruk-Ruk will bring the dragon some meat. A whole feastÔÇÖs worth or whatever would be a feast to a baby dragon. This will be a bribe towards convincing it to join us as Chuck talks to it while it eats. (may be excessive to give it a feast but I want this to succeed, and good food always makes me receptive), (I had considered catching and raising one of the wolf pups, but the hell with that, I want a dragon!)
► Show Spoiler
1AP recruit satyr: Chuck will try to recruit the satyr. No bribes on this one, just plain convincing talk. Not really sure what weÔÇÖd bribe him with anyways.
► Show Spoiler
Had other actions planned out but I'm throwing them out since we didn't capture the prisoner
► Show Spoiler
With those thrown out I still have to choose what I'm spending my other actions on so more to come later.
Righteous OneVengeful One in Goblin Adventurer's League
Righteous Charger in Capture the flag
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:23 am

D) Raw Material Gathering

Actions: 3/4 used saving 1
1AP: Try again to design the collapsing bridge and then build it. Ignore later actions in order to get this done.
(add AP as needed to finish the above)
1AP: Will go to the storeroom and dig out different sections of the walls for different items. Dig out an alcove a little off the floor for X), and little further along the wall dig out another do it again for Y. <--- (basically, stone shelves, in the walls)
1AP: Build some wooden shelves for the storeroom to both keep things off the floor and keep things a bit more orderly.

TE: Could you put how many AP we've saved somewhere?

thunteater
Of Few Words

Post by thunteater » Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:14 pm

You know chuck, every single game I've ever run.. every single one, hell, even when I played rust (I would snipe anyone hostile in little rad, and protect the newbies from my massive, spiked tower. They started to sacrifice people to the spikes in front of my tower, as offerings...), people always end up giving me human sacrifices. I suppose you're simply keeping the tradition alive.

Badge, once I update the character pages, the action points will be listed there.
D'jinn Keeper Stuff:
► Show Spoiler

Nolandking
Converses Frequently

Post by Nolandking » Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:50 pm

My Vote

D) Raw Material Gathering

Actions
3 Bar'bark continue his training with his spear practicing thrusts and all. Every morning and even he would train.
Haven't played this signature game in a long while but I'll try it out again.

Help these poor little guys hatch.

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:03 pm

thunteater wrote:You know chuck, every single game I've ever run.. every single one, hell, even when I played rust (I would snipe anyone hostile in little rad, and protect the newbies from my massive, spiked tower. They started to sacrifice people to the spikes in front of my tower, as offerings...), people always end up giving me human sacrifices. I suppose you're simply keeping the tradition alive.
thunteater wrote:The D'jinn Crystal itself draws power from the souls of those slain within the Dungeon
You sorta set yourself up for that. I'm actually thinking one of my goals is to become a slaver, bring back many captives, sacrifice the old/weak/rebelious/etc, and keep the rest to do the nasty dirty dangerous jobs. Oooo... inspiration just hit, I could use them as guinea pigs for my alchemical experiments before I kill them.

Vote tally (not formatted yet, but I'm a little lazy right now):
A) upgrade: storeroom (chuck, badge, noland) 3
C) repair: forge (chuck, badge, noland) 3
D) Raw Material Gathering (badge, noland) 2
F) build: training room (chuck, badge, noland) 3
G) production: cooked goods (chuck) 1
Righteous OneVengeful One in Goblin Adventurer's League
Righteous Charger in Capture the flag
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:23 pm

► Show Spoiler
1 action repairing shelf.
1 action attempting to speak telepathically with the other gremlins, to head to the storeroom with tools.
1 action teaching gremlins to make shelves/crates.
1 action creating as many crates are as suitable for the size of the storeroom without exhausting all materials.

Votes:
A - upgrade storeroom.
C - repair forge.
G - Production (cooked foods)
G - Production (fishing line/hooks)
Last edited by Synch on Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:48 pm, edited 5 times in total.
► Show Spoiler

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:14 am

I'll hold off voting until the update is complete. (It's not yet, is it?)

Also, repairing the gate still needs 5 ingots, which is more than we currently have, unless the repair costs were changed and/or we looted some ingots somewhere.
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:21 am

GathersIngredients wrote: Also, repairing the gate still needs 5 ingots, which is more than we currently have, unless the repair costs were changed and/or we looted some ingots somewhere.
Ah whoops, I must have missed that. I just realised we have 1000 planks so probably don't need any more. Will amend my votes.
► Show Spoiler

thunteater
Of Few Words

Post by thunteater » Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:22 am

I'll be working on this today. It's a nice rainy day for me to stay inside. Appreciate the patience.

You guys will be getting two new players today, as well. Randomly deposited into one of the current NPC creatures.
D'jinn Keeper Stuff:
► Show Spoiler

Donnigan
Chronically Blathering

Post by Donnigan » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:08 pm

Here are my votes, seeing that those two options that never got a thing aren't coming.

Vote tally (not formatted yet, but I'm a little lazy right now):
A) upgrade: storeroom (chuck, badge, noland, Donnigan) 4
C) repair: forge (chuck, badge, noland, Donnigan) 4
F) build: training room (chuck, badge, noland, Donnigan) 4
G) production: cooked goods (chuck, Donnigan) 2

gamecreator
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by gamecreator » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:31 pm

How do you know they aren't coming? According to my calculations thunteater still has a few hours of his "today". And he might not be able to finish it today.

thunteater
Of Few Words

Post by thunteater » Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:38 pm

Alright, this week's post should be updated. Let me know if I missed anything.

Creature Experience and Inventory won't be visible on there, instead, I'll be posting that up on the obsidian portal site when I get the chance to, which will be either tonight, or tomorrow night. Most likely tomorrow night. Once that is completely done, I'll start the clock for the votes to end. Probably will last about three or four days. As always, you can vote to end it early.

Oh, and Chuck, Stuff that players find (or their minions find), go in the player's inventory. Theoretically, you could actually cause a full rebellion, if you managed to convince enough creatures to follow you. This basically removes them from the D'jinn Crystal's psychic influence, for as long as you maintain their loyalty. This means they won't engage in weekly activities issued by the D'jinn Crystal.

In the future, the dungeon stockpile will be moving over to the obsidian portal page, onto the Wiki portion. I'll be looking for a volunteer to keep it updated for me.

If you haven't already signed up for the obsidian portal site, please do and favorite the page there, so I can add you.
D'jinn Keeper Stuff:
► Show Spoiler

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:15 pm

Favourited the Obsidian page.

We might need to revote, it seems the options and letter system have changed.
► Show Spoiler

Donnigan
Chronically Blathering

Post by Donnigan » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:37 pm

Ok, updating Votes for me.

Vote Tally:
A) Upgrade: Storeroom (chuck, badge, noland, Donnigan) 4
B) Build 3: Tiny Treasury, Simple Training Room, Simple Warehouse(Donnigan) 1
C) Repair: Forge (chuck, badge, noland, Donnigan) 4
E) Whip Gremlins (Donnigan) 1 (Get TA WORK!)
F) Attack Adventurers 0
F) Build: Training Room (chuck, badge, noland) 3 Changed F to above.
G) Production: Cooked Goods (chuck) 1
H) Proposals 0

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:23 pm

My votes:

A) Upgrade: Storeroom
B) Build three building....Simple bridge!!!! (to go over the pit), Training room, Simple Library (so books degrade less and we can use the mining book to maximum effect am always going to vote for this ;))
C) Repair: Forge
E) Whip Gremlins

My actions:
1)Try and teach as many other Beholders (any anyone else that is interested) some magic, with a focus on enchanting and spell lore, maybe give "home work" on thinking up ways we can increase yield, durability or costs. Current idea is to create a spell that preserves food for longer so it doesn't rot, or toughening up durability of items like baskets and tools.
2)Try to identify all magic items so far found. (taking other magical inclined with me to also learn/practice magic).
► Show Spoiler
@ donnigan - we already have the tiny treasury so don't need to build another yet...maybe a bridge over badges pit might be useful.
Last edited by Patdragon on Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
► Show Spoiler
Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:05 pm

DON'T WHIP THE GREMLINS! THE VOICES!
► Show Spoiler
My Actions:
1 action repairing shelf.
1 action attempting to speak telepathically with the other gremlins, to head to the storeroom with tools.
1 action teaching gremlins to make shelves/crates.
1 action creating as many crates are as suitable for the size of the storeroom without exhausting all materials.

My Votes:
A - upgrade storeroom.
C - repair forge.
G - Production (fishing line/hooks)

Vote Tally:
A) Upgrade: Storeroom (chuck, badge, noland, Donnigan, Pat, Synch) 6
B) Build 3 rooms: 2
Tiny Treasury (Donnigan), Simple Training Room (Donnigan, Pat), Simple Warehouse (Donnigan), Simple Bridge (Pat), Simple Library (Pat)
C) Repair: Forge (chuck, badge, noland, Donnigan, Pat, Synch) 6
E) Whip Gremlins (Donnigan, Pat) 2
F) Attack Adventurers 0
G) Production: Cooked Goods (chuck, Synch) 2
G) Production: Fishing hooks/line (Synch) 1
H) Proposals 0

Chuck, Badge and Noland need to amend their Build Training Room votes.
► Show Spoiler

NewOneAround
Likes to Contribute

Post by NewOneAround » Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:48 am

Woah. That was interresting. A few seconds ago he was a human. Now he was... Zeun? Whats a Zeun? A minotaur named Zeun... that makes sence. D'Jinn? Vote?[/i][/color] Everything gets blurry as a lot of information is pushed into his head by the D'Jinn.
Zeun goes to the knees and vomits. A little nightmare runs up to him, smiles showing about 200 pointy things. That gremlin(?) runs away around a corner. This is not the gamecenter. Looks like some kind of dungeon. Or 3D gaming is more advanced as I know
That little monster came back with a bucket of water. It takes a running start and spills the water on Zeun and the vomit to wash it away sreaming: GERONIMO!

[Action1]
Half a day later NewZeun has talked to a few Inhibitants of this mine. And he thinks its time to make himself usefull.
He gathers some stone and wood and works on an axe until he is tired/bored/hungry.

[Action2]
Time to try this new body He picks up some of the wood pieces and walks over to a few orcs.
Hey guys I want to train with you. How about some sparring? He explains the features of training-combat to the orcs and trains with them, if they are interested using a 2h-Woodplank.

[Action3]
We need more. Its a basic strategy. If you dig yourself in you need more recources and to get them we need more worker
Zeun feels a bit silly standing in front of a huge crystal and talking to it. How do we get more? Can we use Mass Summon Gremlins? Do they have females? How long does it take to breed them to a workable age? Same with the other races in this dungeon. How can we get more? What about necromancy and summoning of elementals or deamons?If we can do something like that show me how!

[Action4]
We build. Zeun walk among them gives a hand here, coordinates a gremlin and 2 orcs here to work with that orc over there.
Hey you Gnoll over there why are you giggling? Comeone share your joke!

My Actions:
1 action make handaxes (First make 2 heads. Material used soapstone. Second make 2 handles. Material used oak. Than asemble. Dont know how many of these actions are possible with just 1AP if not finished I take anothe AP next weak)
1 action Try to convince a few Orcs to train and spar with them
1 action Talk to the D'Jinn about breeding of cratures and summoning (of Gremlins and Stuff)
1 action Overseeing every Build we are going to make. Trying to A) learn from their building [woodworking, stoneworking] B) look how to improve these rooms later

My Votes:
B - Build: Simple Bridge, Simple Mining Camp, Simple Library
B - Build: Simple Training, Mass-Sleeping Area, Firepit Kitchen
D - Raw Material Gathering

Vote Tally:
B) Build 3 rooms: 3, 1
Tiny Treasury (Donnigan), Simple Training Room (Donnigan, Pat,NOA), Simple Warehouse (Donnigan), Simple Bridge (Pat,NOA), Simple Library (Pat,NOA), Simple Mining Camp(NOA), Mass-Sleeping Area(NOA), Firepit Kitchen(NOA)
D) Raw Material Gathering (badge, noland, NOA) 3
E) Whip Gremlins (Donnigan, Pat) 2
F) Attack Adventurers 0
G) Production: Cooked Goods (chuck, Synch, NOA) 3
H) Proposals 0

Chuck, Badge and Noland need to amend their Build Training Room votes.
GM for a Kobold Mine

Cutting, building and assembling inside of Castle Heterodyne [Salpicon]
Being on hold while working under the D'Jinn [Zeun]
Beeing a lost Goblin Slave (a.k.a. Mineling) in a godforsaken Hole [Complains]
Full of excitement for the rise of a new Civilisation

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:00 am

Vote Tally:
Tiny Treasury (Donnigan), Simple Training Room (Donnigan, Pat,NOA, Badge), Simple Warehouse (Donnigan), Simple Bridge (Pat,NOA), Simple Library (Pat,NOA), Simple Mining Camp(NOA), Mass-Sleeping Area(NOA), Firepit Kitchen(NOA)
D) Raw Material Gathering (Badge, noland, NOA) 3
E) Whip Gremlins (Donnigan, Pat, Badge) 3
F) Attack Adventurers 0
H) Proposals 0

(TE: I'm attempting to build a collapsing bridge with my actions, if they build a bridge outside of my idea, will this directly help me or hurt me or doesn't it matter)

thunteater
Of Few Words

Post by thunteater » Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:05 am

BadgeAddict wrote:Vote Tally:
Tiny Treasury (Donnigan), Simple Training Room (Donnigan, Pat,NOA, Badge), Simple Warehouse (Donnigan), Simple Bridge (Pat,NOA), Simple Library (Pat,NOA), Simple Mining Camp(NOA), Mass-Sleeping Area(NOA), Firepit Kitchen(NOA)
D) Raw Material Gathering (Badge, noland, NOA) 3
E) Whip Gremlins (Donnigan, Pat, Badge) 3
F) Attack Adventurers 0
H) Proposals 0

(TE: I'm attempting to build a collapsing bridge with my actions, if they build a bridge outside of my idea, will this directly help me or hurt me or doesn't it matter)
You can simply attempt to modify the bridge to have a collapsing section, and then you'd just basically be designing a trapdoor trap.
D'jinn Keeper Stuff:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:17 am

mmm, sounds nice, but i wanna be able to collapse the entire bridge.. besides, with the entire hole only being 6 foot that you would have to jump...i would rather have the whole thing collapse downward....and i should have room with a ~15 foot hole.

Though after the collapsing bridge "hopefully" happens, I think i might start digging holes everywhere, and then making them into traps with brush/dirt and branches hiding the hole.

(so, for my actions above, if they build the bridge, i want to make (the entire thing) collapsing, or, if they don't build it, i want to make a "collapsing" bridge (the entire thing)....i hope i got that point across...."the entire" thing. :D

thunteater
Of Few Words

Post by thunteater » Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:59 pm

Just don't accidentally a coke.
D'jinn Keeper Stuff:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:35 pm

I'm afraid that made absolutely no sense to me whatsoever.

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:11 pm

Badge, assuming you're voting for A, C, D and E you may need to take out your lone vote to build the training room (that vote is for the construction of 3 buildings.)

B needs to have 4 votes too: Donnigan, Pat, NOA x2
► Show Spoiler