D'Jinn Keeper

Home to all current Forum Games.
ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Re: D'Jinn Keeper

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:13 pm

Vote Tally:
A) Upgrade: Storeroom (Chuck, badge, noland, Donnigan, Pat, Synch) 6
B) Build 3 rooms: 4, 1 (Donnigan, Pat, Chuck, NOA x2)
Tiny Treasury (Donnigan), Simple Training Room (Donnigan, Pat, NOA, Chuck), Simple Warehouse (Donnigan), Simple Bridge (Pat,NOA), Simple Library (Pat, Chuck, NOA), Simple Mining Camp(NOA, Chuck), Mass-Sleeping Area(NOA), Firepit Kitchen(NOA)
C) Repair: Forge (Chuck, badge, noland, Donnigan, Pat, Synch) 6
D) Raw Material Gathering (Badge, noland, NOA) 3
E) Whip Gremlins (Donnigan, Pat, Badge) 3
F) Attack Adventurers 0
G) Production: Cooked Goods (Chuck, Synch, NOA) 3
G) Production: Fishing hooks/line (Synch) 1
H) Proposals 0

Updated my votes for the triple build and my actions too. NOA we only have room in the mines for 4 (5 if the abandoned treasure room can be converted) new buildings. If we did 6 we'd end up with a couple outside of the mine.

AP remaining: 2 (3 banked + 4 new - 5 used)

My actions:
Basic housekeeping (things I donÔÇÖt think take action points): Chuck will reward Ruk-Ruk for his well-performed services last week by giving him the halberd he found. This is more than a reward as it is part bribe for Chuck will try to convince him to continue his service indefinitely as his faithful companion/sidekick/bodyguard. Or at least extend his service or improve his disposition toward him.
► Show Spoiler
1AP recruit dragon: Chuck and Ruk-Ruk will bring the dragon some meat. A whole feastÔÇÖs worth or whatever would be a feast to a baby dragon. This will be a bribe towards convincing it to join us as Chuck talks to it while it eats. (may be excessive to give it a feast but I want this to succeed, and good food always makes me receptive), (I had considered catching and raising one of the wolf pups, but the hell with that, I want a dragon!)
► Show Spoiler
1AP recruit satyr: Chuck will try to recruit the satyr. No bribes on this one, just plain convincing talk. Not really sure what weÔÇÖd bribe him with anyways.
► Show Spoiler
1 ap create a healing salve: Chuckles will try taking the juices from aloe perryi leaves and try to turn it into a salve for burns. He might try throwing in some rosemary just to deal with the burnt flesh smell. He gets the feeling heÔÇÖll need it when he trains the dragon. (will use the pot if it doesnÔÇÖt interfere with cooking)
► Show Spoiler
1ap experiments: Chuck will confer with the DÔÇÖjinn crystal on DuckÔÇÖs transformation before taking Duck back to the lake to try and find another one of the jellies that transformed him for study. (Borrowing the pot to catch it since we donÔÇÖt want to touch it directly after what it did to duck) If they find one, Chuck and Ruk-Ruk will dissect and study it. Then they will alchemically experiment with the pieces seeing if they can get reactions from different ingredients. They will also try to seek guidance from the djinn crystal for further insight while conducting their experiment. (hoping we might be able to eventually further transform Duck into some more useful water creature) (will use the pot if it doesnÔÇÖt interfere with cooking) (not expecting great results but at least get an idea of what direction to head in)
► Show Spoiler
1ap sword making: Chuck will make a long sword. He will make an oak hilt and bone blade. He will also attempt to make a simple oak cross guard. While he works on that heÔÇÖll have Ruk-Ruk work on an oak buckler
► Show Spoiler
Righteous OneVengeful One in Goblin Adventurer's League
Righteous Charger in Capture the flag
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

kida
Gives Speeches

Post by kida » Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:34 pm

Vote Tally:
A) Upgrade: Storeroom (Chuck, badge, noland, Donnigan, Pat, Synch,kida) 7
B) Build 3 rooms: 5, 2 (Donnigan, Pat, Chuck, NOA x2,kidax2)
Tiny Treasury (Donnigan), Simple Training Room (Donnigan, Pat, NOA, Chuck,kidax2), Simple Warehouse (Donnigan), Simple Bridge (Pat,NOA,kidax2), Simple Library (Pat, Chuck, NOA,kidax2), Simple Mining Camp(NOA, Chuck), Mass-Sleeping Area(NOA), Firepit Kitchen(NOA)
C) Repair: Forge (Chuck, badge, noland, Donnigan, Pat, Synch,kida) 7
F) Attack Adventurers 0
G) Production: Cooked Goods (Chuck, Synch, NOA) 3
H) Proposals 0

I'll post my actions later

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:43 am

my votes:
► Show Spoiler
Vote Tally (as posted by kida, added my votes):
A) Upgrade: Storeroom (Chuck, badge, noland, Donnigan, Pat, Synch,kida, Gathers) 8
B) Build 3 rooms: 6, 2 (Donnigan, Pat, Chuck, NOA x2,kidax2, Gathers)
1 Tiny Treasury (Donnigan); 6,1 Simple Training Room (Donnigan, Pat, NOA, Chuck,kidax2, Gathers), 1 Simple Warehouse (Donnigan), 4, 1 Simple Bridge (Pat,NOA,kidax2, Gathers), 4, 1 Simple Library (Pat, Chuck, NOA,kidax2, Gathers), 2 Simple Mining Camp(NOA, Chuck), Mass-Sleeping Area(NOA), Firepit Kitchen(NOA,)
C) Repair: Forge (Chuck, badge, noland, Donnigan, Pat, Synch,kida, Gathers) 8
F) Attack Adventurers 0
G) Production: Cooked Goods (Chuck, Synch, NOA, Gathers) 4
H) Proposals 0

FYI, building costs, as can be found in the recipe thread:
Tiny Treasury - [Cost to build: 50 (Any Kind) Planks, 50 (Any kind) Bricks. At least 4x4 Tiles of space.] (Or substitute (Any Kind) Bricks/Planks in place of the (Any Kind) Bricks/Planks)
Mass-Sleeping Area - [Cost to build: 20 Bolts of (Any) Cloth, At least 4x4 Tiles of space.] . We DON'T have those!
Firepit Kitchen - [Cost to build: 40 (Any Kind) Planks, 40 (Any Kind) Bricks, At least 4x4 Tiles of space.] (Or Substitute another 40 (Any Kind) Planks in place of (Any Kind) Bricks.] - also we already got one of these!
Simple Training Room - ???
Simple Warehouse - ???
Simple Bridge - ???
Simple Library - ???
Simple Mining Camp - ???

Note that this is before the 5% added for the instable mine detriment and of course before any % for specially good/bad success rolls during the construction.

Various actions as I have found them in this thread:

NOTE: I had to remove the 'fluff' tags from the various spoilers, else they would have broken my spoilers tagged with the respective players names. I didn't change anything else.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Will edit in Flinda's actions later, I just want to make sure I don't lose this post right now. :thumbsup:
EDIT: I'm not done yet, I will add more (mainly fluff) later.
► Show Spoiler
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

kida
Gives Speeches

Post by kida » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:20 am

@Badge ÔÇô I donÔÇÖt know if youÔÇÖre still interested in creating magical traps, I put a joint action with you in my actions below.

Vote Tally:
A) Upgrade: Storeroom (Chuck, badge, noland, Donnigan, Pat, Synch,kida, Gathers) 8
B) Build 3 rooms: 6, 2 (Donnigan, Pat, Chuck, NOA x2,kidax2, Gathers)
1 Tiny Treasury (Donnigan); 6,1 Simple Training Room (Donnigan, Pat, NOA, Chuck,kidax2, Gathers), 1 Simple Warehouse (Donnigan), 4, 1 Simple Bridge (Pat,NOA,kidax2, Gathers), 5, 1 Simple Library (Pat, Chuck, NOA,kidax2, Gathers), 2 Simple Mining Camp(NOA, Chuck), Mass-Sleeping Area(NOA), Firepit Kitchen(NOA,)
C) Repair: Forge (Chuck, badge, noland, Donnigan, Pat, Synch,kida, Gathers) 8
F) Attack Adventurers 0
G) Production: Cooked Goods (Chuck, Synch, NOA, Gathers) 4
H) Proposals 0

FYI, building costs, as can be found in the recipe thread:
Tiny Treasury - [Cost to build: 50 (Any Kind) Planks, 50 (Any kind) Bricks. At least 4x4 Tiles of space.] (Or substitute (Any Kind) Bricks/Planks in place of the (Any Kind) Bricks/Planks)
Mass-Sleeping Area - [Cost to build: 20 Bolts of (Any) Cloth, At least 4x4 Tiles of space.] . We DON'T have those!
Firepit Kitchen - [Cost to build: 40 (Any Kind) Planks, 40 (Any Kind) Bricks, At least 4x4 Tiles of space.] (Or Substitute another 40 (Any Kind) Planks in place of (Any Kind) Bricks.] - also we already got one of these!
Simple Training Room - ???
Simple Warehouse - ???
Simple Bridge - ???
Simple Library - ???
Simple Mining Camp - ???

Note that this is before the 5% added for the instable mine detriment and of course before any % for specially good/bad success rolls during the construction.

Actions:
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:25 am

I told you Kida, I will be your hands and feet, I would happily help you create traps.....

Perhaps we could set these crystals into the walls at the entrance of the mines to blast at enemies..

(I will spend 1 AP to help Kida with this)

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:50 am

kida wrote:OOC: Yes, I probably wasted way too much time on this game last week ;)
How did I not realize that was out yet? (probably because its not on kong yet) well now I'm gonna disappear for a very very long time.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

gamecreator
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by gamecreator » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:45 pm

I'm afraid I might quit this.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:23 am

I understand and share your frustration GC....While the idea is fun and interesting, the time between turns is....a snails pace at best. I'm sure there are several reasons for the pace, but we've all been spoiled somewhat by Aegis and many others who at least turn out a once a week thing. Depending on how or if this picks up, I'm right there with you.

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:28 am

Yeah when things move this slow, you have to refresh your memory about what has happened. I'm hoping a lot of this is just the start up kinks and the speed will pick up. Though the current silence on what's going on is worrying.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:11 am

Meh, I think its worth the wait provided Thunteater can keep up with a once weekly post, it seems to be a lot of calculating. Its not like we don't have other games to play in the meantime :)
► Show Spoiler

gamecreator
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by gamecreator » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:50 am

BadgeAddict wrote:I understand and share your frustration GC....While the idea is fun and interesting, the time between turns is....a snails pace at best. I'm sure there are several reasons for the pace, but we've all been spoiled somewhat by Aegis and many others who at least turn out a once a week thing. Depending on how or if this picks up, I'm right there with you.
Too bad I don't share your frustration, though I understand it. My problem with the game is completely self-induced.

So, thanks to thunteater for the good game, but for the game's and my own good I must quit.

thunteater
Of Few Words

Post by thunteater » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:06 am

What I've been up to:

-We had three people go on vacation at my work, so I've been in the kitchen 13 hours a day, for the past 6 days.
-The horseman's association I'm a member of asked me to design and price out a menu for them for their concession stands, during events. I also had to write out recipes for them.
-I'm still practicing on the guitar.
-Still practicing my horsemanship, for upcoming competitions.
-Filed my taxes, finally.
-Worked on this in my spare time: Wiki and still need to assign out points, genders, etc.
D'jinn Keeper Stuff:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:34 am

Real life tends to happen sometimes.

NewOneAround
Likes to Contribute

Post by NewOneAround » Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:16 pm

You are doing a great job there. I can wait dont press yourself.
GM for a Kobold Mine

Cutting, building and assembling inside of Castle Heterodyne [Salpicon]
Being on hold while working under the D'Jinn [Zeun]
Beeing a lost Goblin Slave (a.k.a. Mineling) in a godforsaken Hole [Complains]
Full of excitement for the rise of a new Civilisation

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:40 pm

Somehow I had a feeling taxes were involved. Its just that time of year.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:23 pm

ChuckDaRighteous wrote:
kida wrote:OOC: Yes, I probably wasted way too much time on this game last week ;)
How did I not realize that was out yet? (probably because its not on kong yet) well now I'm gonna disappear for a very very long time.
Damn it i wish U hadn't clicked on this link. Addictive and super time wasting game...
► Show Spoiler
Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem

kida
Gives Speeches

Post by kida » Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:40 pm

Patdragon wrote:
ChuckDaRighteous wrote:
Damn it i wish U hadn't clicked on this link. Addictive and super time wasting game...
:freaky: I understand you completely...

thunteater
Of Few Words

Post by thunteater » Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:04 pm

Monday and Tuesday are my next days off, I'll be finishing up some stuff on the wiki those days, and working to get the game moving again.
D'jinn Keeper Stuff:
► Show Spoiler

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:42 pm

thunteater wrote:Monday and Tuesday are my next days off, I'll be finishing up some stuff on the wiki those days, and working to get the game moving again.
Cheers for the update.
► Show Spoiler

thunteater
Of Few Words

Post by thunteater » Tue May 06, 2014 10:30 pm

I really really hate to do this, but..

So one of my old buddy's from a.. more reckless part of my life, came to me for some help. His wife is cheating on him with his brother, and his brother's lover from jail. She hired his brother to put out a hit on him. Yeah, his own brother. They stole his guns, shot at him. Anyway, stuff is happening, which isn't too relevant to this, except..

Long story short, my finger is sliced open to the bone on the knuckle atm, and I don't know when I'll have time to update this, so instead of letting your frustration build up, and struggling to meet any deadlines, I'm just gonna put this on pause, to be resumed at some future date. Sorry, just what needs to happen.
D'jinn Keeper Stuff:
► Show Spoiler

NewOneAround
Likes to Contribute

Post by NewOneAround » Wed May 07, 2014 6:27 am

A damn shame.
Sort out you RL. Heal your wounds. Find yourself some time and come back^^
No seriosly good luck with that shit.
GM for a Kobold Mine

Cutting, building and assembling inside of Castle Heterodyne [Salpicon]
Being on hold while working under the D'Jinn [Zeun]
Beeing a lost Goblin Slave (a.k.a. Mineling) in a godforsaken Hole [Complains]
Full of excitement for the rise of a new Civilisation

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Thu May 08, 2014 12:49 am

That's a shame. Get better soon and don't worry about this. Your health is more important. Here's wishing the best for you and your buddy. :thumbsup:
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Thu May 08, 2014 5:45 am

That sounds...extreme...i hope it all works out for you and your friend.
► Show Spoiler
Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem