D'Jinn Keeper

Home to all current Forum Games.
kida
Gives Speeches

Re: D'Jinn Keeper

Post by kida » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:59 pm

I added people actions to the list, If someone think I missed his action or it's incorrect he can quote and fix it.
Also, if you add fluff you might get a bonus :)

CURRENT VOTES:

[Totals:]
[#][Votes][+25%][+25%][+25%]
----------------------------------

[Upgrade a Building]
[A][Votes][+25%][+25%][+25%]
[A][__0__][__0_][__0_][__0_]
[Voters:]

[Food Hunt Led by Orcs]
[Votes][+25%][+25%][+25%]
[__6__][__0_][__0_][__0_]
Alaen, Donnigan, Synch, Chuck, Patdragon, Gamemaker
[Notes:]
Patdragon, Gamemaker Suggest focusing on Larvae and Mushrooms (2 Votes)

[Repair A Structure]
[C][Votes][+25%][+25%][+25%]
[C][__7__][__1_][__1_][__1_]
Noland, Gamemaker, Donnigan, Chuck, Gathers, Synch, Badge (x4)
Noland and Gamemaker want to focus on repairing the Gate (2 Votes), while Donnigan, Chuck, Gathers, Synch, and Badge want to focus on the Lumber Camp. (5 Votes) Badge chimes in, suggesting that they throw their whole population into repairing the Lumber Camp, just to make sure the job gets done. (1 Vote for +25%, 1 Vote for +25%, 1 Vote for +25%)

[Gather Raw Materials]
[D][Votes][+25%][+25%][+25%]
[D][__7__][__1_][__0_][__0_]
Donnigan, kida, Noland, Gathers, Synch, Patdragon, Alaen (x2)
Almost everyone agrees that sending out a mixed group of Gremlins and Orcs to gather resources would be useful (7 Votes), but Alaen suggests that, with this tenuous situation, it might be wise to utilize an extra 25% of the population to do so, as well. (+1 Vote for +25%)

[Expand the Tunnels]
[E][Votes][+25%][+25%][+25%]
[E][__5__][__2_][__1_][__0_]
Donnigan, Gathers, Game, Patdragon (x2), Kida (x3)
Donnigan, Game, Gathers, Kida, and Pat all think it would be a good idea to expand the tunnels, to see what resources can be found, and to make more room for new buildings. (5 Votes) Kida and Pat, however, suggest that it might be a good idea to devote more of the population to doing this, Kida suggesting that we use 75% of the population (1 Vote), while Pat says that 50% of the population would be enough (2 Votes).

[Construct a New Building]
[F][Votes][+25%][+25%][+25%]
[F][__1__][__0_][__0_][__0_]
Patdragon
Pat suggests they get to work on building a Library within the Mines, but so far hasn't been able to get any one else to agree. (1 Vote)

[Produce Equipment or Goods]
[G][Votes][+25%][+25%][+25%]
[G][__2__][__1_][__0_][__0_]
Noland, Chuck (x2)
Noland and Chuck both agree that creating a few snares would be a good use of the population.(2 Votes) Chuck suggests that they might have a better chance of producing more if they devote half of the population to it. (1 Votes)

[Suggest Something to the D'jinn Crystal]
[H_][Votes][+25%][+25%][+25%]
[H1][__4__][__0_][__0_][__0_]
[H2][__1__][__0_][__0_][__0_]
[H1] Gathers, Alaen, Noland, Game
[H2] Pat
Gathers, Alaen, and Noland all agree that some of the population should be tasked with surveying the tunnels within the Mines and searching out new resources. Game agrees, adding in that it might be good to focus on finding Gemstones to recharge the D'jinn Crystal (4 votes).
Pat thinks it would be a good idea to focus some of the population on producing some cooked foods, as they're bound to find some lichen and moss within the Mines. (1 Vote)

[End Week Votes]
[3/10]
Kida, Badge,chuck

{Player Actions:]

[Kida]
[Actions:]
IÔÇÖll use 2 actions to go explore the mines and try to discover new resources using my high perception

► Show Spoiler

[AP to Use:2]

[Badge]
Action 1: Take a pickaxe and begin digging a pit/moat (though not a moat as i intend on putting spikes in the bottom) outside in front of the gatehouse. (A bridge could then be built in order to cross said pit) Though a "collapsing" type bridge would be better, as we could drop adventurers into the pit...with spikes and stuff in it. Hoping that the Pit will be about 20+ feet deep. (willing to use 2 actions for depth if need be)
Action 2: Build a "collapsing bridge" which opens up on the mine tunnel side, and "falls" into the pit. Bridge would be hinged on tunnel side, and ropes suspended from front corners allowing bridge to be lifted into place. The bridge would cast the illusion that it lifts up (which could be possible) but would actually fall down. Pulleys for ropes would be within the entrance and someone standing beside them could "trigger" it, causing bridge to fall.
Action 3: Build "spikes" made of wood and plant them in the bottom of the pit so that they impale anyone who falls into said pit.
[AP to Use:?1+1+1?]

[Gathers]
They are instead going to INVENT A HAMMER (from a brick/stone and a wooden stick/pole/???) and use that to MAKE 25 COPPER NAILS. (dunno how many actions that uses up)
[AP to Use:?]

[Patdragon]

3 Explore with Chuck For a few rounds or on own if he doesn't want me, (i will be looking out for places that might have books, or magics)

4 Meditate in D'jinn chamber on spell lore....and enchantments.
[AP to Use:3+4]

[Chuck]
2 actions I will scout further out into the nearby area. I will focus on doing so stealthily. I will spend a 3rd if I don't find a raid-able settlement.

If I find a poorly defended village (will not do if all I find is heavily guarded cities):
1 action stealing resources from the village. I will focus on doing so stealthily. I will have a priority towards finding:
-pot (as requested by gathers)
-tools/weapons (shovels, hammers, axes, etc)
-pack(s) to carry stuff in
-anything magic related (unlikely from a lowly village but I won't snub my nose at it)

I'd also like to take a Rotted Doghide Jerkin and soapstone knife to help in case of trouble for both actions. Also I'm going to bring along another orc for both actions just in case of trouble and to carry more stuff if I do find goodies to steal. Pat since you said you didn't really prefer, I'd say we should explore separately and cover more ground.

I'll spend another one inventing. I will try to back engineer something I find in my scouting/raiding. If I don't find anything that we don't already have then I reverse-engineer a pickaxe instead since others are already doing hammer and spear. (I didn't see pickaxe in our blueprint list but I may have missed it)

[AP to Use:2+1?+1+1]

[Donnigan]
Inhabiting a Minotaur and feeling the Hunger of the Herbavore, will organize any Minotaur not working to range throughout the Mines and Forest to Harvest the Mushrooms and Lichens there. Larvae are just an Extra Bonus. He will also Weave Extra Baskets out of Grasses nearby to Increase Yields.

2 Actions: Weaving Baskets out of Wild Grasses.
5 Actions: Gathering Mature Mushrooms and Mature Lichens, maybe Larvae if they are in the area.
[AP to Use:2+5]

[Synch]
try to create a stone knife
Explore abandoned building outside the mine entrance.
[AP to Use:?1+1?]

[Alaen]
I'll use my actions to look for gems or gold.

[Noland]
2 AC: Bar'bark the Gnoll will try to make a simple spear.
4 AC: If he make it he will start practicing with thrusts.

[AP to Use:2+4]

[game]
make a spade and build a farm plot outside; plant seeds there.
[AP to Use:1]
Last edited by kida on Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:13 pm

Thanks for putting it ALL in 1 post kida, I was feeling lazy. Also I think my ap to use is off. Should be 2(scouting) + 1? (another scout) + 1 raid +1 invent. so 2+1?+1+1.
Righteous OneVengeful One in Goblin Adventurer's League
Righteous Charger in Capture the flag
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

kida
Gives Speeches

Post by kida » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:17 pm

ChuckDaRighteous wrote:Thanks for putting it ALL in 1 post kida, I was feeling lazy. Also I think my ap to use is off. Should be 2(scouting) + 1? (another scout) + 1 raid +1 invent. so 2+1?+1+1.
fixed

thunteater
Of Few Words

Post by thunteater » Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:29 pm

An hour and a half for any last votes or fluff.
D'jinn Keeper Stuff:
► Show Spoiler

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:03 pm

Fluff--

Waking up in a body that wasn't your own and finding it has no arms and now legs and is a big floating eyeball is a shock to say the least, it no wonder you might try and lash out at a nearby small object or gremlin in this case, but lashing out isn't actually hitting someone with the back or your fist any more either so even that pisses you off. Deciding you need some time to think on what on earth is going on, you head off on your own with no particular destination in mind trying to work out what has happened and dealing with this new thing that is your body. It takes a few days to come to terms with the situation, Whilst off exploring and your hunger doesn't feel quite right....what is this body craving... There is only one Person/thing that might give you answers and that was the crystal D'jinn. So heading back you go straight to the crystal and ask those many questioned bubbling though your head, and now what a big head that is.
Having heard a few answers both to your liking and not you ask the important question in your mind...how do i get back... The D'jinn suggests Its own magic..tho it needs more power to do so and research will be needed... Dubious you agree to help it and decide trying to learn magic off it might be a good start so you know what is needed. You suggest to one of the gremlins a Library would be useful, but it kind of looks at you blankly, before grinning a toothy smile and jumping into a mine cart shouting "Geromino"....from that day forth that goblin is called Geromino in your head....and on the account of names you ask the D'jinn if it has one, a name that is.
► Show Spoiler
Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:20 pm

Um, sorry to convolute things but you missed off one of my votes; I voted for D twice, so that would be another + 25 % vote.
Synch wrote:Votes: B (no pref), C (lumber camp), D x2

Also, I will spend 2 actions to make a stone knife, and 2 actions to explore the abandoned building.
► Show Spoiler

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:57 pm

Patdragon wrote:from that day forth that goblin is called Geromino in your head
If we're naming dungeon minions I'm calling my orc companion Ruk-Ruk.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

thunteater
Of Few Words

Post by thunteater » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:17 pm

FINAL VOTES:

Votes are now closed for this week. Rolls are being performed and the results will be posted soon.

[Totals:]
[#][Votes][+25%][+25%][+25%]
----------------------------------

[Upgrade a Building]
[A][Votes][+25%][+25%][+25%]
[A][__0__][__0_][__0_][__0_]

[Food Hunt Led by Orcs]
[Votes][+25%][+25%][+25%]
[__6__][__0_][__0_][__0_]
Alaen, Donnigan, Synch, Chuck, Patdragon, Gamemaker
Patdragon, Gamemaker Suggest focusing on Larvae and Mushrooms (2 Votes)

[Repair A Structure]
[C][Votes][+25%][+25%][+25%]
[C][__7__][__1_][__1_][__1_]
Noland, Gamemaker, Donnigan, Chuck, Gathers, Synch, Badge (x4)
Noland and Gamemaker want to focus on repairing the Gate (2 Votes), while Donnigan, Chuck, Gathers, Synch, and Badge want to focus on the Lumber Camp. (5 Votes) Badge chimes in, suggesting that they throw their whole population into repairing the Lumber Camp, just to make sure the job gets done. (1 Vote for +25%, 1 Vote for +25%, 1 Vote for +25%)

[Gather Raw Materials]
[D][Votes][+25%][+25%][+25%]
[D][__7__][__2_][__0_][__0_]
Donnigan, kida, Noland, Gathers, Patdragon, Alaen (x2), Synch (x2)
Almost everyone agrees that sending out a mixed group of Gremlins and Orcs to gather resources would be useful (7 Votes), but Alaen and Synch suggests that, with this tenuous situation, it might be wise to utilize an extra 25% of the population to do so, as well. (+1 Vote for +25%)

[Expand the Tunnels]
[E][Votes][+25%][+25%][+25%]
[E][__5__][__2_][__1_][__0_]
Donnigan, Gathers, Game, Patdragon (x2), Kida (x3)
Donnigan, Game, Gathers, Kida, and Pat all think it would be a good idea to expand the tunnels, to see what resources can be found, and to make more room for new buildings. (5 Votes) Kida and Pat, however, suggest that it might be a good idea to devote more of the population to doing this, Kida suggesting that we use 75% of the population (1 Vote), while Pat says that 50% of the population would be enough (2 Votes).

[Construct a New Building]
[F][Votes][+25%][+25%][+25%]
[F][__1__][__0_][__0_][__0_]
Patdragon
Pat suggests they get to work on building a Library within the Mines, but so far hasn't been able to get any one else to agree. (1 Vote)

[Produce Equipment or Goods]
[G][Votes][+25%][+25%][+25%]
[G][__2__][__1_][__0_][__0_]
Noland, Chuck (x2)
Noland and Chuck both agree that creating a few snares would be a good use of the population.(2 Votes) Chuck suggests that they might have a better chance of producing more if they devote half of the population to it. (1 Votes)

[Suggest Something to the D'jinn Crystal]
[H_][Votes][+25%][+25%][+25%]
[H1][__4__][__0_][__0_][__0_]
[H2][__1__][__0_][__0_][__0_]
[H1] Gathers, Alaen, Noland, Game
[H2] Pat
Gathers, Alaen, and Noland all agree that some of the population should be tasked with surveying the tunnels within the Mines and searching out new resources. Game agrees, adding in that it might be good to focus on finding Gemstones to recharge the D'jinn Crystal (4 votes).
Pat thinks it would be a good idea to focus some of the population on producing some cooked foods, as they're bound to find some lichen and moss within the Mines. (1 Vote)

[End Week Votes]
[3/10]
Kida, Badge,chuck

[Kida]
IÔÇÖll use 2 actions to go explore the mines and try to discover new resources using my high perception

► Show Spoiler

[AP to Use:2]

[Badge]
Action 1: Take a pickaxe and begin digging a pit/moat (though not a moat as i intend on putting spikes in the bottom) outside in front of the gatehouse. (A bridge could then be built in order to cross said pit) Though a "collapsing" type bridge would be better, as we could drop adventurers into the pit...with spikes and stuff in it. Hoping that the Pit will be about 20+ feet deep. (willing to use 2 actions for depth if need be)
Action 2: Build a "collapsing bridge" which opens up on the mine tunnel side, and "falls" into the pit. Bridge would be hinged on tunnel side, and ropes suspended from front corners allowing bridge to be lifted into place. The bridge would cast the illusion that it lifts up (which could be possible) but would actually fall down. Pulleys for ropes would be within the entrance and someone standing beside them could "trigger" it, causing bridge to fall.
Action 3: Build "spikes" made of wood and plant them in the bottom of the pit so that they impale anyone who falls into said pit.

[Gathers]
They are instead going to INVENT A HAMMER (from a brick/stone and a wooden stick/pole/???) and use that to MAKE 25 COPPER NAILS. (dunno how many actions that uses up)

[Patdragon]

3 Explore with Chuck For a few rounds or on own if he doesn't want me, (i will be looking out for places that might have books, or magics)

[Chuck]
2 actions I will scout further out into the nearby area. I will focus on doing so stealthily. I will spend a 3rd if I don't find a raid-able settlement.

If I find a poorly defended village (will not do if all I find is heavily guarded cities):
1 action stealing resources from the village. I will focus on doing so stealthily. I will have a priority towards finding:
-anything magic related (unlikely from a lowly village but I won't snub my nose at it)

I'd also like to take a Rotted Doghide Jerkin and soapstone knife to help in case of trouble for both actions. Also I'm going to bring along another orc for both actions just in case of trouble and to carry more stuff if I do find goodies to steal. Pat since you said you didn't really prefer, I'd say we should explore separately and cover more ground.

I'll spend another one inventing. I will try to back engineer something I find in my scouting/raiding. If I don't find anything that we don't already have then I reverse-engineer a pickaxe instead since others are already doing hammer and spear. (I didn't see pickaxe in our blueprint list but I may have missed it)

[Donnigan]
Inhabiting a Minotaur and feeling the Hunger of the Herbavore, will organize any Minotaur not working to range throughout the Mines and Forest to Harvest the Mushrooms and Lichens there. Larvae are just an Extra Bonus. He will also Weave Extra Baskets out of Grasses nearby to Increase Yields.

5 Actions: Gathering Mature Mushrooms and Mature Lichens, maybe Larvae if they are in the area.
[AP to Use:2+5]

[Synch]

[Alaen]

[Noland]

[game]
[AP to Use:1][/quote]
D'jinn Keeper Stuff:
► Show Spoiler

thunteater
Of Few Words

Post by thunteater » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:08 am

Food Hunt:
12 Orcs

Noticed by Villager, but ignored.

Results:
Grum-Dar found an abandoned Book [Rock 'N Roll Balderdash]
11 Orcs Found: 97 Mushrooms, 26 Lichen, 61 Leaves, 35 Blueberries, 61 Rosemary, 70 Peppercorns.
10 Baskets Reduced to 4/5 Durability
Grum-Dar Earned 20 Foraging EXP / 5 Stealth EXP
Grum-Dar's Foraging Skill is now level 1.
Ylar Earned 10 Foraging Exp / 5 Stealth EXP
Ushara Earned 10 Foraging Exp / 5 Stealth EXP
Krael Earned 10 Foraging Exp / 5 Stealth EXP
Thresh Earned 5 Foraging Exp / 5 Stealth EXP
Saern Earned 10 Foraging Exp / 5 Stealth EXP
Brun Earned 10 Foraging Exp / 5 Stealth EXP
Laine Earned 10 Foraging Exp / 5 Stealth EXP
Urash Earned 10 Foraging Exp / 5 Stealth EXP
Kaersh Earned 10 Foraging Exp / 5 Stealth EXP
Frub Earned 10 Foraging Exp / 5 Stealth EXP
Yael Earned 10 Foraging Exp / 5 Stealth EXP

[Repair Lumber Camp]
25% Pop (12 creatures.)
(4 Gremlins, 8 Gnolls)

Not Noticed.

Results:

Lumber Camp Repaired for Half Cost, in Half the time (Moral Boost +5 for all involved)
Geronimo Found a new Metal Source (Obsidian Vein 1,000/1,000)
(Group) Found a new Herb (Parsley, 20/20)

Geronimo Earned 10 Carpentry Exp / 10 Stoneworking Exp / 5 Stealth EXP
DUCK Earned 5 Carpentry Exp / 5 Stoneworking Exp / 5 Stealth EXP
Ha-Ha Earned 5 Carpentry Exp / 5 Stoneworking Exp / 5 Stealth EXP
Blink Earned 5 Carpentry Exp / 5 Stoneworking Exp / 5 Stealth EXP
Viur'Lent Earned 1 Carpentry Exp / 1 Stoneworking Exp / 10 Stealth EXP
Olm'Mai Earned 1 Carpentry Exp / 1 Stoneworking Exp / 10 Stealth EXP
Gu'Ald Earned 5 Carpentry Exp / 5 Stoneworking Exp / 10 Stealth EXP
Gau'Az Earned 1 Carpentry Exp / 1 Stoneworking Exp / 10 Stealth EXP
Eul'Fael Earned 1 Carpentry Exp / 1 Stoneworking Exp / 10 Stealth EXP
Rael'Zul Earned 5 Carpentry Exp / 5 Stoneworking Exp / 10 Stealth EXP
Awn'Dus Earned 5 Carpentry Exp / 5 Stoneworking Exp / 10 Stealth EXP
Lae'Nui Earned 1 Carpentry Exp / 1 Stoneworking Exp / 10 Stealth EXP

[Gather Raw Materials]

12 Creatures
(4 Orcs)
Grum-Dar
Ylar
Ushara
Krael

(3 Gremlins)
Blink
Ha-Ha
DUCK

(5 Gnolls)

Viur'Lent
Olm'Mai
Gau'Az
Eul'Fael
Lae'Nui

Noticed, but Ignored by Villager.

Results:
4 Pickaxes Reduced to 4/5
1 Soapstone Knife Reduced to 4/5
1 Obsidian Knife Reduced to 9/10
1 Soapstone Axe Reduced to 4/5
10 Baskets Reduced to 3/5
2 Copper Shears Reduced to 4/5
Grum-Dar Discovered a Book: [Adventurer's First Choose Your Own Adventure Book]
Ushara Discovered a Short Sword: [Humming Bronze-Bladed, Oak-Hilted Shortsword]
Krael Discovered 85 Gold Coins
Blind Discovered a friendly Baby Dragon.
Blink Discovered a Gauntlet [Humming Dragonscale (Bronze) Leather Gauntlet]
Duck Discovered a Mutation [Fingers merge into flippers. +1 to movement in water, -5 to all Physical Skill Checks]
Olm'Mai Sheared a Sheep.
Gau'Az Discovered a bundle of 79 Walnut Planks
Lae'Nui Discovered a Solitary Sheep.
Lae'Nui Discovered a friendly Satyr.
Creatures found 100 Raw Soapstones, 68 Larvae [Will Rot Next Week If Not Processed], 4 Pears, 61 Minnows [Will Rot Next Week If Not Processed], 12 Turtle Meat, 6 Turtle Shells, 12 Turtle Bones, 6 Sunfish Meat, 60 Sunfish Scales, 12 Fish Bones, 4 Apples, 12 Mint, 2 Raw Sheep Wool, 10 Mushrooms, 40 Lichen, 21 Raw Copper Ore, 20 Oak Logs, 4000 Leaves, 85 Rabbit Meat, 20 Rabbit Hides, 24 Animal Bones.

Grum-Dar Earned 15 Butchering Exp / 5 Mining Exp / 10 Foraging Exp / 5 Stealth EXP
Ylar Earned 5 Butchering Exp / 5 Mining Exp / 5 Foraging Exp / 5 Stealth EXP
Ushara Earned 5 Butchering Exp / 5 Mining Exp / 15 Foraging Exp / 5 Stealth EXP
Krael Earned 10 Butchering Exp / 5 Mining Exp / 10 Foraging Exp / 5 Stealth EXP
Blink Earned 10 Butchering Exp / 10 Mining Exp / 15 Foraging Exp / 2 Diplomacy Exp / 2 Stealth EXP
Ha-Ha Earned 10 Butchering Exp / 10 Mining Exp / 10 Foraging Exp / 2 Stealth EXP
DUCK Earned 5 Butchering Exp / 10 Mining Exp / 10 Foraging Exp / 2 Stealth EXP
Viur'Lent Earned 10 Butchering Exp / 10 Mining Exp / 10 Foraging Exp / 5 Stealth EXP
Olm'Mai Earned 15 Butchering Exp / 10 Mining Exp / 5 Foraging Exp / 5 Stealth EXP
Gau'Az Earned 10 Butchering Exp / 10 Mining Exp / 10 Foraging Exp / 5 Stealth EXP
Eul'Fael Earned 10 Butchering Exp / 5 Mining Exp / 10 Foraging Exp / 5 Stealth EXP
Lae'Nui Earned 10 Butchering Exp / 10 Mining Exp / 10 Foraging Exp / 5 Diplomacy Exp / 5 Stealth EXP

(Tie, Coin Toss. This won with Tails, Tails.)
[Expand the Tunnels]
4 Pickaxes reduced to 3/5

12 Creatures
(4 Gremlins)
Geronimo
Blink
Ha-Ha
Duck

(6 Minotaur)
Kragmarr
Thane
Ophirea
Zeun
Hestalt
Artemir

(2 Gnolls)
Viur'Lent
Olm'Mai

Results:

Found: 300 Gold Coins
Uncovered an abandoned Treasure Room.
Dug 4 new rooms
Found 1 Skeleton (Not animated) (Head missing!)
1 Vein of Coal Found! [1000/1000]
1 Vein of Rubies Found! [200/200]

Geronimo Earned 10 Mining Exp / 5 Stealth EXP
Blink Earned 10 Mining Exp / 5 Stealth EXP
Ha-Ha Earned 10 Mining Exp / 5 Stealth EXP
Duck Earned 5 Mining Exp / 5 Stealth EXP
Kragmarr Earned 10 Mining Exp / 2 Stealth EXP
Thane Earned 10 Mining Exp / 2 Stealth EXP
Ophirea Earned 10 Mining Exp / 2 Stealth EXP
Zeun Earned 10 Mining Exp / 2 Stealth EXP
Hestalt Earned 5 Mining Exp / 2 Stealth EXP
Artemir Earned 10 Mining Exp / 2 Stealth EXP
Viur'Lent: Earned 10 Mining Exp / 5 Stealth EXP
Olm'Mai: Earned 10 Mining Exp / 5 Stealth EXP

[Kida]

(DC 10)
vs
Mining Skill: 0
+Fluff Bonus (+2)
[7](Failed to Find any) [11](Found 1) (Quartz Vein 50/50)

Gained 7 Mining Exp.
Gained 2 Stealth Exp.
5 Action Points Remaining.

[Badge]

Pit Dig (AP 1)
DC 5 for each foot, until fail.
1d20 each roll
+1 from Pickaxe
start
3 (Fail)

total depth dug: 14 feet.

feet wide:
1d6 roll
4 feet wide

feet long:
1d6
6 feet long

Not spotted.
Dc 10

Gained 10 Mining Exp
Gained 10 Stealth Exp

Invent Collapsing Bridge:
dc 10
Traps Skill: 0
Carpentry Skill: 0
1d20

rolled: 6
Failed to invent.

Gained 5 Carpentry Exp
Gained 5 Traps Skill

Invent, Build, and install Spikes Trap:
DC 5, DC 5, DC 10
1d20
Traps Skill: 0
Carpentry Skill: 0

Rolls:

Invented Spike Pitfall Trap

[Simple Spiked Pitfall Trap]
[Carpentry to craft]
[Traps to place]
A simple set of carved and sharpened spikes, designed to do some hefty damage to anyone who gets trapped inside of it. Not a fun time.
[Takes durability damage each round that a creature is standing on it]
[Damage boosted by Durability: +1 Damage per 10 Durability]
[First-Hit Damage boosted by fall length: +1 Damage per foot fallen]
[Damage determined by base item]
[Enhancement Slots:]
[Coat Spikes]
[Cost to build: (Any Kind) Long Sword Blade x6, (Any Kind) Plank x3, (Any Kind) Long Pole x2, (Any Kind) Nails (Or Dowel) x 8, Requires a hammer to produce]

Gained 10 Carpentry Exp.
Gained 10 Traps Exp.

Build Spike Trap: Successful.
Managed to discover some nails left in an old wooden support pillar. Scavenged some Planks and Wooden Long Blades from the Lumber Camp while it was being repaired, without anyone noticing. bashed stuff with a rock until it all fell into place.

Built the following:

[Wooden Spiked Pitfall Trap]
[Damage: 1d4]
[Durability: 10/10]
[Takes durability damage each round that a creature is standing on it]
[Damage boosted by Durability: +1 Damage per 10 Durability]
[First-Hit Damage boosted by fall length: +1 Damage per foot fallen]
[Enhancement Slots:]
[Coat Spikes]

Gained 10 Carpentry Exp

Place Pitfall Trap:

Managed to place the above Pitfall trap in -One- spot (Square) in front of the two-spot entrance to the Mines:

First-Hit Damage of the trap set to 1d19
(This will cause it to take one durability of damage, bumping it down to 1d4 damage for the next few rounds, until the victim dies, escapes, or the trap is destroyed.)

dc 10
Not spotted

Gained 10 Traps Exp.
Gained 10 Stealth Exp

Action Points Remaining: 5

[Gathers]

Invent Hammer
Dc 10
Carpentry: 0
Stoneworking: 0
rolled: 15 (success)

Invented the following:

[Simple Stone Lump]
[Requires Stoneworking]
A chunk of stone that can be roughly shaped into either a club, or hammerhead. Kinda like the Bone Lump. Or the Wood Lump.
But not like Fergie's Lady Lumps.
[Cost to build: 1 (Any Kind) Stone]

[Simple Hammer]
[Requires Carpentry]
A shaft and a head, forced together and pinned in place. You know, for getting hammered.
[Cost to build: 1 (Any Kind) Lump, 1 (Any Kind) Nail (Or 1 (Any Kind) dowel), 1 (any kind) medium hilt, requires a knife to produce]

Gained 10 Carpentry Exp
Gained 10 Stoneworking Exp

Constructed the following item:

[Simple Stone Hammer]
[Damage: 1d2]
[Durability: 5/5]
[+1 to Smithing Skill Checks]
[+1 to Carpentry Skill Checks]
[+1 to Stoneworking Skill Checks]

Gained 10 Carpentry Exp
Gained 10 Stoneworking Exp

Action Points Remaining: 5

[Patdragon]

dc 15
Foraging Skill: 0
Roll:

Found:

(Village, Building, Resources, Adventurers)
2 (building) (Abandoned, Inhabited) (Inhabited) (Farm, Inn, Guard Tower, Warehouse) (Guard Tower) (How many occupants? 1d10) (9 Guards)

Spotted?

dc 10
roll 1: 19
Roll 3: 18
(+guards, +5 DC)
DC 15

Stealth: 0

Roll: 18 (Not spotted)

(Nice damn rolls for you. Stealthy frickin eyeball.)
(Eyeball dudes don't have Foraging and Stealth as their "Race" skills, as such, they gain only half the exp a normal race would. Another race would have ended up with 15 Foraging exp and 30 Stealth exp from this run. That said.. Beholder with Stealth? Pretty nifty combo. Potentially OP.)

Gained 9 Foraging Exp
Gained 15 Stealth Exp

Going half Lore and Half enchantments, since you didn't specify. 1: Lore, 2: ench, 3: lore, 4: ench

DC 10
(No library bonus)
(No books bonus)
(Random spell potential on crits)
(D'jinn Heart is feeling generous, +2 to rolls.)
Spell Lore: 0
Enchanting: 0
roll 1: 2 (+2) = 4
roll 2: 4 (+2) = 6
Roll 3: 11 (+2) = 13
Roll 4: 17 (+2) = 19

No crit successes.

You learn some more about how spells function on this plane.
The lower level spells merely require mana to be performed.
Mid Tier spells require the previous plus either gestures, or spoken words, to be performed.
High tier spells require the previous, plus foci to perform
very high tier spells require the previous plus some reagents that will be consumed to be performed
max tier spells become very ritual-like, requiring very precise actions, with horrible results should they fail.

You learn some about how Enchanting works on this plane.
Enchantments can be destroyed if the item takes too much durability damage.
Polished gems have more magical power than rough gems, and even rough gems store more power than gold. Silver golds less power than gold, and is almost never used, since it typically only holds one or two charges.
They must be repaired occasionally, as a result of the magic being sapped out of them.
Basic enchantments usually require gold dust (or gem dust) and mana to be performed.
mid tier enchantments usually require gold plating to ensconce, or a single small gemstone set within the item, to be enchanted, though this can be rather thin.. a handful of gold coins normally does it, or one gem.
high tier enchantments can require a combination of gold and gemstones to function.
There are rumors of enchantments that feed themselves, either sucking the mana, life force, or even eating meats and plants, to fulfill itself. One hillarious tale recounts an enchantment that was only recharged by a dragon's mate berating him on his... ahem.. bedroom prowess.

Gained 20 Spell Lore Exp
Gained 20 Enchanting Exp

1 Action Point remaining.

[Chuck]

Diplomacy for Henrich Von Ruk-Ruk The Third, Esquire. (He's nobility, you know. His Father was Lord of a Hamlet. That is to say, he had three pigs who swore fealty to him, and would dig up truffles for him. They lived in a Stone Cottage up in Fredricksburg, rather nice area, actually. You should stop by for tea some time.)

DC: 12
(Most of the Dungeon is talking about the D'jinn-Born. As such, Until your first Failed Vote Action, all Diplomacy Rolls will enjoy +2 bonuses) +2 Infamous
Diplomacy: 0
Roll: 10 (+2) = 12

Mr. Ruk-Ruk says "Yes, old chap, I do believe I shall accompany you. Should be some good sport, indeed!"

(Does he demand something in exchange?)
[DC 5 to avoid payment)
Diplomacy: 0
Infamous: +2
Roll: 2 (+2) = 4

(He Does.)

(What does he request?)

[A Dance, A Song, Your Doghide Jerkin, Your Knife, A favor at a later date]
[3, The Shirt off your Back]

"I do say, old boy, that is a mighty fine Jerkin you've got there.. I'll tell you what, hand it over, and you have a deal."
[You lose the Doghide Jerkin, Ruk-Ruk now has it.]
[Ruk-Ruk has agreed to follow you for the period of:
1d5 Weeks (+0 Sides: your Diplomacy skill bonus)(+2 Sides: Infamous) [roll: 1d7, Roll is: 5]

"I'll allow you my services for a period of five weeks for such a fine prize. Of course, if you wish me to leave your services early, simply say so."

Ruk-Ruk will now perform the actions you command him to, for the period of 5 weeks, as Free Actions. Actions that are suicidal, take things from him, or are just plain stupid, will require a new diplomacy roll. He is your Henchman for Five Turns.

Gained 10 Diplomacy Exp

Your Scouting: dc 15
0 Forage

Ruk-Ruk's Scouting: dc 15
0 Forage

You: 8
RukRuk: 18
You: 3
RukRuk: 18 (What the hell, RukRuk?)

RukRuk's First Find:
(Village, Building, Resources, Adventurers)
[A village]
(Large, Small, Medium, Very Small) [Small]
(Human, Dwarf, Dungeon, Adventurers?)
[Adventurers]
(Population: 1d6)
[3]
(levels: 3d3) [1, 3, 1]
(Rich, Poor, Medium)
[Medium]

DC 20
Are you Seen: 34
RukRuk: 77 (Crit) "RukRuk Notices that they are asleep."

You: 10 Stealth
5 forage.
Rukruk: 15 stealth
10 forage.

RukRuk's Second Find:
[Resources]
(metal, wood, cloth, food, leather, Gems)
[Metal]
(New type, old type, SUPER ADVANCED)
[New]
(new Node, part of a current node, single batch, or ingots.)
[New Node]
(Distance from Dungeon in feet: 1d100)
[30 feet] [Nearby] [Located on the southern end of the Lake]
(Iron, Silver, Mercury, Lead)
[Lead]
(Quantity of vein: Large, Small, Very Small, Very Large, Godly)
[Very Large: 1,000 Raw Ore)

Does anyone notice you guys scoping it out?
DC 20
You: 43 )crit) "You learn a little something about covering your tracks."
RukRuk: 65 (crit) "you learn a little something about covering your tracks"

You: 20 stealth
5 Forage
RukRuk: 20 stealth
10 forage

You and Ruk-Ruk decide to try to rob the Adventurers.

DC 5 for the level 1 Cleric [He's asleep]
DC 5 for the level 1 Monk [He's Meditating.]
DC 15 for the level 3 Fighter [He's Min-Maxing.]

You have a bonus reduction to enemy DC due to RukRuks crit earlier.
Normal DC for stealthing on unaware adventurers is DC 10 + level.

(You are robbing their camp, not the adventurers, so stealth matters more than pickpocket. If you were robbing the sleeping adventurers, it would be both stealth AND pickpocket rolls. Failing either gets you caught. you don't want to get caught here.. I'm not ready to reveal adventurer stats yet.. because the stats required to avoid them.)

You have 0 Stealth.
Ruk-Ruk has Zero Stealth.

Your Rolls: 64 (crit)
81 (crit)
75 (crit)
Ruk-Ruk's Rolls:
74 (crit)
93 (crit)
61 (Crit)

(Armor, Weapon, Tool, Book, Gold, Prisoner)
You: 3, 2, 3
RukRuk: 4, 1, 6 (God Damnit RukRuk)

(tool: Shoddy Iron Shovel, 1d2 damage, 10/10 durability, +2 Mining, +2 Foraging)
(Tool: Shoddy Iron Pot, +2 Cooking, +2 Alchemy)
(weapon: (Slashing, Spear, Bow, Throwing, Piercing, Polearm, Blunt) [Polearm] (Halberd, Poleaxe, Spear) [Halberd.. ooooh boy.]
(Stone, Metal, Wood, Bone) [Wood.. hahaha.] (Oak, Mahogany, Cedar, Yew, ADVANCED) [Yew. Not bad, actually. Supple.] (Magic, Normal, Masterwork, Shoddy) [And then that happened. Shoddy. Looks like you found the Prisoner's weapon. Shoddy reduces the stats by -2 each. Yew is actually a supple wood, therefore it has less of an impact, when used as a long pole. Unfortuantely, it doesn't do a ton of damage to start with, because of that suppleness. Of course, bows use the String to determine damage, not the Pole...]
[Shoddy Yew Halberd]
[Durability: 15/15]
[Range: +2 Tiles]
[Attack Speed: -4]
[To Hit: +2]

RukRuk's Finds:
Book, (Skillbook) (did you know that we have 38 skills in the game right now?) [Smithing] (Beginner, Intermediate, Expert, Masters) [Masters] (WHAT THE HELL RUKRUK) (Masters books qualify for 1d100 exp, can be read only once per player for EXP, but is not consumed when read. Meaning that everyone can take turns reading it, as long as only one person reads it a week.)
[69 Exp on this one]

Armor:
(Light, Medium, Heavy)
[Heavy]
(Face, Neck/Shoulders, Arms, Hands, Chest, Legs, Feet)
[Hands]
(Cloth, Wood, Metal, composite)
(cloth)
(Magic, Normal, Masterwork, Shoddy)
[Magic]
(well, that makes things easy. Still. Figures that he would find fricking magic gloves too. I really hate this NPC.)
[Humming Leather Duelist Gloves]

Prisoner Rolls:
(Human, Dwarf, Elf, Monster)
[Human]
(Friendly, Hostile, Neutral)
(Neutral)
DC 10, Does he notice you:
No,
No.
(Is he a Villager, Adventurer, Noble, or Bandit?)
[Bandit, of course.]

You Gain: 30 Stealth Exp
RukRuk Gains: 30 Stealth Exp

(Pickpocket would have drastically increased your yields here, but I wasn't going to risk it without you specifying you wanted to do it, especially since you'd probably fail, anyway. BTW, if you want to gain pickpocket, there are only three ways to do it. One involves killing something. Just saying.)

you Attempt to reverse-engineer the pickaxe.

DC 15
15'

"You Discover a pickaxe is made in the following way:

[Simple Pickaxe]
[Carpentry]
Used for mining.
[+1 Mining]
[Durability Determines Mining Bonus. 1 per 10.]
[Damage Determines Mining Bonus. 1 per D#]
[Attack Speed Determines Mining Bonus. 1 Per Attack Per Round.]
[These function in reverse, as well.]
[Cost to build: 1 (Any Kind) Medium Blade, 1 (Any Kind) Short Pole, 1 (Any Kind) Nails (Or Any Kind Dowel), Requires a Hammer]

[Simple Short Pole]
[Carpentry]
[Produces 5]
[No Default Bonuses or Negatives]
[Can be used to replace Small, Medium, and Long Hilts in Tools]
[Cost to build: 1 (Any Kind) Long Pole, Requires an (Any Kind) Axe (Or Any Kind Saw) to Produce]

You Sense something is "Not Quite Right" about the equipment that you found in the Dungeon..

It doesn't seem to follow what you know of crafting knowledge, as if it was drawn in from another world..

Carpentry Experience Gained: 10

[Donnigan]

[AP to Use:2+5] (Adjusting this, since you need to use Diplomacy. We'll just say that you go after the two Minotaur that failed to succeed at anything. that's two Action Points we'll steal from gathering. You guys have enough crap now that you don't need to gather a ton, anyway, and minions count as free actions.) Hestalt, Artemir
DC 12
+2 Infamous
Dc 12
+2 Infamous

18 (20, crit)
18 (20, crit)

They both offer to become your apprentices. If you choose to accept, Pick a skill. This would give them a bonus of 1/4th of your exp a week for that skill. You keep all of your Exp, they just obtain a bonus from assisting you with that action (giving you a +1 circumstance roll each, for a total of +2 to this skill for the duration of their apprenticeship.) Every time you succeed at the given task, they will gain a morale bonus towards you. Every time you fail at the given task, they will lose morale towards you. If their chosen skill surpasses yours, they will lose Morale each Week, until yours is higher again. They gain morale each time they learn something from you (Exp Gain), and they lose Morale if they learn nothing from you in that given week (No Exp Gain). They may get moody, if you do not let them practice their craft during the Week. They will not leave your service, until they are either possessed by another D'Jinn-Born, Die, or unless their Morale drops too low.

1d5 (+2) (+5) weeks [9, 5]
They ask for nothing in exchange for working for you for [9, 5] Weeks, regardless of this offer.

Gathering Grass, Man. To Weave, not to smoke.
DC 5
You: 14
Hestalt (Yep, she's Female): 6
Artemir (Also female): 18
(You didn't specify borrowing baskets, so no gathering bonus)
You: Gained 40 [Long Grass]
Hestalt: Gained 35 [Long Grass]
Artemir: Gained 16 [Long Grass]

You Discovered: Forest, [Field Long Grass 10000/10000]

[Long Grass]
[Plant 1 per 50]
[Durability Bonus: -5]

Artemir Discovered: Aloe Perryi Plant [30 Aloe Perryi Leaves, 2 Aloe Seeds]

[Aloe Perryi Leaves]
[Plant 1 per 10]

You Harvest for more grass.

you find 51 Grass
None
12 grass, 10 Flax, 2 Flax Seeds

Artemir finds:

[Broken Statue]
[It seems to depict a Minotaur spewing fire, though the arms are shattered off of it, and it is toppled over, with one of the horns broken.]
[It's rather large, and would require at least ten creatures to move]
[It hums with magical energies.]

you attempt to weave baskets with your minotaur friends.

DC 5

Two Masterwork Grass Woven Baskets (+10 Durability, +10 Capacity)
One Regular Grass Basket

Recipe Discovered:

[Simple Woven Basket]
[Tailoring]
Designed to hold stuff.
[Base Durability: 10/10]
[Base Capacity: +1]
[Base Foraging Bonus: +1]
[Durability Determines Capacity, +1 Capacity per Durability]
[Durability Determines Foraging Bonus: +1 Bonus per 10 Durability]

[Simple Large Woven Basket]
[Tailoring]
Designed to hold stuff. On your Back.
[Base Durability: 15/15]
[Base Capacity: +5]
[Base Foraging Bonus: +1]
[Equipped to Back/Cloak Slot]
[Durability Determines Capacity, +2 Capacity per Durability]
[Durability Determines Foraging Bonus: +2 Bonus per 10 Durability]

Created the following: (In this order: Artemir, Hestalt, Yourself)

[Simple Grass Woven Basket]
[Durability: 5/5]
[Capacity: +5]
[Foraging: +1]

[Simple Grass Woven Basket] (Masterwork)
[Capacity: +26]
[Foraging: +2]

[Simple Large Woven Basket] (Masterwork)
[Durability: 20/20]
[Capacity: +35]
[Foraging: +5]
[Must be Equipped to Back Slot]

You gained: 25 Tailoring Experience
20 Foraging Experience
40 Diplomacy Experience

Hestalt:
15 Foraging Experience
15 Tailoring Experience

Artemir:
20 Foraging Experience
10 Tailoring Experience

[Synch]

DC 5
Nat 20. Crit. Infodump

[Simple Knife]
(You Already know this Recipe.)

[Simple Stone Short Blade]
[Stoneworking]
Used in crafting Knives, Daggers, and Short Swords.
[Produces 1 Stone Short Blade]
[Durability Bonus to Final Item: -2]
[Damage Bonus to Final Item: +1]
[Swing Speed Bonus to Final Item: -2 Attacks Per Round]
[Costs to build: 1 (Any Kind) Stone, Requires (Any Kind) Hammer]

[Simple Stone Small Hilt]
[Stoneworking]
Used in crafting Daggers, Knives, and other such small Slashing, Blunt, and Piercing Weapons.
[Produces 1 Simple Stone Small Hilt]
[Durability Bonus to Final Item: +2]
[Damage Bonus to Final Item: +1]
[Swing Speed Bonus to Final Item: -2 Attacks Per Round]
[To Hit Bonus to Final Item: +1]
[Weapon Range Bonus to Final item: +0 Tiles]
[Costs to build: 2 (Any Kind) Stone, Requires (Any Kind) Hammer]

Created the following: (Masterwork, +1 damage, +5 Durability, +1 Swing Speed)

[Simple Soapstone Knife] (Masterwork) <You May Name>
[Attacks Per Round: -1] (2 Rounds = 1 Attack)
[Gains +1 Foraging/Cooking/Carpentry Bonus Per 10 Durability]
[Gains +1 Foraging/Cooking/Carpentry Bonus Per 1 Attack Speed]
[Gains +1 Foraging/Cooking/Carpentry Bonus Per D#]
[Current Bonuses: +3 Foraging/Cooking/Carpentry]

You Discovered the following:

Crafting does not, in fact, require that one use the specified objects to perform the recipes... At least, not always. Yes, you still need the component types, but you can actually construct them out of -any- material. It's just that some materials are more useful than others, and some have huge drawbacks. Utilizing this information, however, you've determined that you can craft almost any object, with any crafting skill. Of course, no matter how good you are, a Sword made of Cotton Cloth is never going to be useful.

In your case, you've crafted a Knife, which normally would use either Carpentry (For wood) or smithing (For metal) out of stone, using your stoneworking skill. Granted, had you used a wooden hilt, the situation might have been different, requiring some degree of carpentry on top of the Stoneworking. You Theorize that this would apply to each individual component, as well, and that you could actually outsource some parts, if you desired, but that would take a considerable amount of effort in exchanging with others. (Perk Unlocked: Outsourcing. 1d20 roll with a chance to bypass a skill check on using an item someone else crafted to craft an item. This means if you use Joe's Simple Small Oak Hilt to construct your Steel Short Sword, Instead of having to check Carpentry, plus Smithing, you have a 1d20 Roll (DC modified by the complexity of the component you're trying to use) to avoid having to perform a Carpentry Check. Failure to do this roll means that the item needs to be modified (Carpentry roll) to be used in your craft. Basically, it gives you two rolls when using a component someone else crafted. Without this, if you failed the Carpentry Roll, but passed the Smithing roll, you'd make a shoddy item. If you failed both, you'd fail the construction. This Increases the DC (As far as masterworks go, not difficulty in creating the item) by +2 (Meaning you'd need to roll DC X2 +2 to crit, so 10 DC only becomes Masterwork at a roll of 22 or higher), This also works the other way (+2 to Crit Fail) (Meaning, on the same 10 DC item, rolling a 2 or below will result in a crit fail)

You have managed to determine the following:

Materials fall into the following Catagories:

Herbal (Alchemy), Cloth (Tailoring), Stone (Stoneworking), Metals (Smithing), Foods (Cooking), Hides (Leatherworking), and Woods (Carpentry).

You explore the abandoned Lumber Mill outside of the Mines, unfortunately, it's already been picked clean.

Gained 5 Foraging Exp.
Gained 20 Stoneworking Exp.

Actions Remaining: 5

[Alaen]

Searching For That Money Thing (Cuz he ain't got none)

DC 10
[Found 7 Small Unpolished Rubies]
[Found 22 Gold Coins]
[Found 1 Large Polished Emerald]
[Found 1 Medium Polished Ruby]

Perception Roll:
DC 10
1d18

Perception Roll 2:
Dc 5
1d18

While searching around for Gems and Coins around the Dungeon, Alaen notices that Gremlins, Kobolds, and Minotaur are actually running around quite a bit. A bit of investigating reveals that they're actually gathering resources and items that have exceeded the carrying capacity of the groups of creatures sent out to work, and a few of the D'jinn-Born Possessed Creatures. These Creatures are obviously tasked as Gatherers, who function to pick up excess things around the Dungeon, and organize them into store rooms. Store rooms which, speaking of which, are past capacity, resulting in items more or less being strewn randomly about the Dungeon. This, of course, means it will be more likely for things to get lost in the future, and for things to be stolen, if the situation is not rectified by either expanding the current storage room, building more chests to improve it, or building specialized storage rooms.

Meanwhile, it seems that the gatherers are discussing how risk it is to gather further away from the Dungeon, and how they already have their hands full. In the future, Not only will the D'jinn-Born need to work with the Crystal to determine what portion of the Population to devote to general tasks, but each creature will only be able to carry back whatever it can currently carry, and whatever cannot be carried will be abandoned.

(Next week, all creatures and characters will have both a max capacity of how many items they can carry, as well as a maximum weight, determined by strength. Thankfully, Donnigan invented some items that can help you out.)

Gained 1 Perception.
Gained 20 Mining Exp.

Actions Remaining: 3

[Noland]

DC 5, Carpentry

[Simple Spear]
[Polearm]
Stabby thing, on a long thing.
[Base Range: 1 Tile]
[Base Damage: 1d3]
[Base Attacks: 1 Per Round]
[Base Durability: 10]
[Cost to build: 1 (Any Kind) Long Pole, 1 (Any Kind) Spear Head, 1 (Any Kind) Thin Line (Or 1 Any Kind Nail, Or 1 Any Kind Dowel)]

[Simple Spear Head]
For giving Spears Heads.
[Base Damage: +1]

[Simple Oak Wooden Spear] (Masterwork)
[Polearm]
[Durability: 7/7]
[Range: 3 Tiles]
[Attack Speed: -1 Per Round]
[To Hit Bonus: +3]
[Gains +1 Damage per 10 Durability]

Gained 20 Carpentry Exp.

Bar'Bark's Thrusting

DC 5

Bar'Bark spends some time beating up the air and pretending to be a great champion. Some of the other monsters look at him funny and do their best to avoid him, while he shouts "I am the champion of the fuzzy peoples, Hyesss!" while mutilating imaginary foes. If he had access to a training dummy, or at least a sparring partner, he would have learned a lot more. As it stands, his efforts were only half as effective.

Gained 14 Polearms Exp.
Gained 1 Strength

Actions Remaining: 2

[game]
[AP to Use:1]

Game thinks about making a spade, then decides, Who needs to dig a hole? Instead, he decides to invent a Hoe, Yo.

Grabbing a Short Blade (Wooden in this case), some wooden Dowels, and a Long Pole, he smashes it all together and Discovers the following Recipe:

[Simple Hoe]
Useful for turning tr... earth. You know, for Planting Seeds to Germinate into baby plants.
[Base Durability: 10]
[Base Damage: 1d1]
[Only gives a Bonus to Foraging while Farming]
[+1 Foraging Per 10 Durability, Each D# damage, Attack Speed]
[Base +1 Foraging for Farming Actions]

And Creates the following:

(Carpentry Skill, Go, DC 10) 15

[Simple Oak Hoe]
[Damage: 1d1]
[Durability: 8/8]
[Swing Speed: -1]
[Range: +2 Tiles]
[+1 Foraging while Farming]

Carpentry Gained 10 Exp

Farming Time!
Did not specify what seeds to plant. Will attempt to plant 1 Wheat, 1 Flax.
DC 10, DC 10
3, 15

Gets the flax into the ground. loses the wheat seed.

Flax will take 1 week to sprout,
3 Weeks to Mature,
4 Weeks to Bloom.
5 Weeks to produce seeds.

(You can either gather the produce at 4 weeks, losing seeds, or wait until 5 weeks and gather the seeds, with a reduced amount of produce.)

Gained 15 Foraging Experience.

Actions Remaining: 4
Last edited by thunteater on Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:47 am, edited 15 times in total.
D'jinn Keeper Stuff:
► Show Spoiler

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:38 am

Thats a lot of work, thanks heaps Thunteater!
► Show Spoiler

thunteater
Of Few Words

Post by thunteater » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:25 am

Gotta head to work, but when I get home.. Well, if it's really early, I might go horseback riding for a bit. If it's moderately late.. eh, we'll see. Either way, I should have all the rolling done tonight AND the new post up.
D'jinn Keeper Stuff:
► Show Spoiler

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:54 am

Well originally I was impatient but seeing just how many rolls you're doing, I can understand the delay.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:01 am

I'm hoping for your sake that you have something that makes all of these rolls for you....otherwise...i really hope you don't get burnt out really really fast. I'm sure some of us would be willing to maybe write an excel spreadsheet for you if that would help.

kida
Gives Speeches

Post by kida » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:16 am

Thanks for posting the rolls.
For me it's interesting to see and understand the mechanics behind the game.

btw,
Did you name all th 50 creatures in the dungeon?

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:59 am

kida wrote:Did you name all th 50 creatures in the dungeon?
38, since pat named Geromino (who I noticed on the list) and I named Ruk-Ruk. plus our 10 characters, he only had to name 38. Still keeping track of all them... Impressive.

Ok some notes on what IÔÇÖve learned from whatÔÇÖs up there so far:

Based on the DC (62) and the number of minions sent (1) would indicate that having more minions work on a task, would indicate an increased chance of being noticed. So if we had 50% work on it the DC would be 75 (50 + 25 minions). IÔÇÖm assuming this only applies outside the mine. Also you get more stealth exp for not being noticed. So fewer minions in a party means weÔÇÖre more likely to lvl their stealth exp and avoid immediate confrontations. Also sending a greater percentage of minions means increased work and lower morale. I think we should probably avoid multi-voting anything for the time being.

Also based on the recipe yields for food, and the shear amount of food we harvested, we should be set for a few weeks, so long as we make sure our food is cooked and doesnÔÇÖt rot. Recipes seem to offer 5-15 food per ingredient
thunteater wrote: Focus Roll: 77 (+20 Votes Bonus) (Success)
[DC 80, +20 (Two votes), 1d100]
That would indicate it would be better for us to choose an option rather than ÔÇ£do whatever the group decidesÔÇØ as 2 of us chose to specify their votes and 4 of us didnÔÇÖt.

Also crit successes mean increased good stuff and bonus exp. It might be good to focus on quality tools, since this offers not only increased success rates, but increased crit ranges as a crit is only 2x DC.
Last edited by ChuckDaRighteous on Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:22 am

Here's a question. When we take personal actions, are we allowed to "bring/lead/order" some minions to help us?

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:32 am

BadgeAddict wrote:Here's a question. When we take personal actions, are we allowed to "bring/lead/order" some minions to help us?
He didn't object to me bringing Ruk-Ruk for my scouting/raiding, so I think it may be a matter of how many can we bring/lead/order. There's actually something I want to do next turn which might be dependent on this so I would like to know our limits as well.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:35 am

What I'm wondering is: Could we eliminate the added complexity of +25%'s like it's setup now and simply say..hey, for an added bonus of X number of people, someone needs to spend one of their actions to "assign/lead/order" some minions to help with a task.

thunteater
Of Few Words

Post by thunteater » Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:40 am

BadgeAddict wrote:I'm hoping for your sake that you have something that makes all of these rolls for you...
All done manually with nothing more than a dice rolling program. However, I'm used to doing rolls like this. That said, I certainly wouldn't mind an excel spreadsheet. I've done them for similar things before (tabulation and calculation of item marks) but yeah, if anyone wants to volunteer to do one for me, that would be cool.
kida wrote:Thanks for posting the rolls.
For me it's interesting to see and understand the mechanics behind the game.
Kinda why I posted up my work in progress. The final results won't contain the rolls, I just wanted to post these ones up so that you guys can get an idea of what I do to determine the results.
ChuckDaRighteous wrote:
kida wrote:Did you name all th 50 creatures in the dungeon?
Yep, All NPCs are named, and their stats and skills are being kept track of. We've already got three potential "Champions".
ChuckDaRighteous wrote:Ok some notes on what IÔÇÖve learned from whatÔÇÖs up there so far:

Based on the DC (62) and the number of minions sent (1) would indicate that having more minions work on a task, would indicate an increased chance of being noticed. So if we had 50% work on it the DC would be 75 (50 + 25 minions). IÔÇÖm assuming this only applies outside the mine.
Kinda correct. You have a -50 DC inside of your Dungeon, a +50 DC outside of your Dungeon. Since you guys are Haunted, the default DC against it being reported by Villagers is 30. This is then modified by noise, activity, amount of creatures, etc.
ChuckDaRighteous wrote: Also you get more stealth exp for not being noticed. So fewer minions in a party means weÔÇÖre more likely to lvl their stealth exp and avoid immediate confrontations.
After a certain amount of Stealth Skill, however, you cease to gain any Stealth Exp for missions performed in your own Dungeon.
ChuckDaRighteous wrote: Also sending a greater percentage of minions means increased work and lower morale.
half right. More Minions results in more hands basically attempting something. In the case of the Lumber Camp, each creature got a roll to see if they contributed to the overall construction. Those that failed the DC, were basically considered slackers, or not effective. Those that passed got a further vote, to determine how much they helped. In this case, they knocked it out of the park.

Morale is mostly determined by a few things, which I haven't gotten to the rolls for yet:

Food Variety/Availability
Sleeping Schedules
Free Time
Successes
Failures
Random Events
Decorations in the Dungeon
A few other things.
ChuckDaRighteous wrote:Also based on the recipe yields for food, and the shear amount of food we harvested, we should be set for a few weeks, so long as we make sure our food is cooked and doesnÔÇÖt rot. Recipes seem to offer 5-15 food per ingredient
also other bonuses, that you'll discover, but yeah.. for this small group of creatures, once you guys get cooking, you should only have to worry about further food gathering at "Large harvest" intervals. You guys basically used a huge chunk of the population this week to gather food, and it paid off.. big time. A lot of really good rolls. Just imagine what would happen if you guys manage to get some crops going (Of course, then you'll have to wait until they mature, tend them, etc.)
ChuckDaRighteous wrote: That would indicate it would be better for us to choose an option rather than ÔÇ£do whatever the group decidesÔÇØ as 2 of us chose to specify their votes and 4 of us didnÔÇÖt.
Focus DC is actually determined by the amount of players that didn't vote for that focus, with a bonus of the amount of players that did. In this case, 8 people did not vote for the focus choice, 2 of you did. DC 80, +20 to roll. Focus will -try- to get you more of a specific item, random will try to get you more variety. As such, Focus is good for when you already know what you need, with less chance to discover something new, where as random is good for variety, and experimentation. Also notice that a few creatures tried to gather from some nodes, but they didn't have the tools to do so. This is also a benefit of Focusing on things.

Now, in the future, when a monster picks up an item, there -will- be a Greed roll, DC determined by monster Morale, where they might keep the item they pick up for themselves (like weapons, tools, etc.) For now, they're using them for their mission, and then putting it back, because they realize there isn't enough to go around. Next round, with Morale coming into play, taking an item away from a creature will reduce its morale. As such, they'll start keeping things that they pick up (Giving them a small morale bonus, basically half of what they'd lose if you take it back). Plan accordingly. Assigning items to creatures is a free action, but requires a majority vote. Meaning, if 6 of you vote to give a specific Orc some chainmail armor, he gets it, and gets a morale bonus (As well as uses the gear from then on) Just keep durability in mind.

ChuckDaRighteous wrote:Also crit successes mean increased good stuff and bonus exp. It might be good to focus on quality tools, since this offers not only increased success rates, but increased crit ranges as a crit is only 2x DC.
More complex tasks will become more difficult to DC. Right now, you guys have a Plentiful Resources bonus in effect, which is reducing most of your DC rolls by ~10 in most cases. This will reduce, as you gather materials from specific nodes. Basically, two gathers on the same node in a Month (4 week period) will reduce it from "Plentiful" to normal. As far as Crit Success, Crit successes typically result in a random event of some type, almost always beneficial. The DC's are too low now for Crit Failures (Double the DC in Negatives, I.e. DC 20, you roll 0, crit fail), but those will lead to Very Bad Events, which the creature will then get a chance to either avoid, or lessen.

The bonus EXP for those critical successes is actually because they used their skill -twice-. In the case of specific events (Mutations, etc) they won't be using that skill, so won't gain extra EXP.

As far as removal of the 25% system, it would require a re-write of numerous systems. Not going to happen, sorry.
There will also be votes in the future that will -require- 50% to succeed completely.

As far as bringing minions with you, bringing a minion with you A) prevents that minion from performing other actions during that week, and B) Requires a diplomacy check to convince them to come along, in the first place. (Which I haven't gotten to yet with Ruk-Ruk)

I'm heading out for some horseback riding and dinner, and then I'll be back and finish up the rest of the rolls, edit the resource nodes to reflect what has been gained, lost, post up the NPC's on the obsidian portal site, and post the week review post and next week post.
D'jinn Keeper Stuff:
► Show Spoiler

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:46 am

oh good idea. Oh that's a good idea. I like the +25% complexity though so maybe use both. That way we have multiple ways to achieve it. Then again if all of us co-opt 25% of the population for a personal task, we'd end up with minions doing 125% of their work allotment. So maybe if we're allowed 10%? and no more than 1 work task per week? I don't know. Its up to TE.

Edit: nevermind TE posted while I was writing.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

gamecreator
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by gamecreator » Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:52 am

thunteater wrote:The DC's are too low now for Crit Failures (Double the DC in Negatives, I.e. DC 20, you roll 0, crit fail), but those will lead to Very Bad Events, which the creature will then get a chance to either avoid, or lessen.
Actually I don't understand at all what "double negative" is supposed to mean.

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:59 am

thunteater wrote:Now, in the future, when a monster picks up an item, there -will- be a Greed roll, DC determined by monster Morale, where they might keep the item they pick up for themselves (like weapons, tools, etc.) For now, they're using them for their mission, and then putting it back, because they realize there isn't enough to go around. Next round, with Morale coming into play, taking an item away from a creature will reduce its morale. As such, they'll start keeping things that they pick up (Giving them a small morale bonus, basically half of what they'd lose if you take it back). Plan accordingly. Assigning items to creatures is a free action, but requires a majority vote. Meaning, if 6 of you vote to give a specific Orc some chainmail armor, he gets it, and gets a morale bonus (As well as uses the gear from then on) Just keep durability in mind.
two questions on this:

1) lets say after his loyal service (those diplomacy rolls better work) I reward Ruk-Ruk with some of that rotted dog-hide armor. Then I find some sturdy leather armor. Would replacing that dog-hide and giving it to someone else lower his morale (not including the bonus of what I gave him). I'd hope he wouldn't take the normal penalty. perhaps only negating the bonus for giving it to him?

2) presumably taking stuff away for repairs wouldn't cause detriment?
gamecreator wrote:
thunteater wrote:The DC's are too low now for Crit Failures (Double the DC in Negatives, I.e. DC 20, you roll 0, crit fail), but those will lead to Very Bad Events, which the creature will then get a chance to either avoid, or lessen.
Actually I don't understand at all what "double negative" is supposed to mean.
As I understood this if the dc was 14, you'd have 6 chance of sucess (20-14), and double that range for avoiding critcal failure (top 12 rolls). So 8 or less would be critical failure.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

gamecreator
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by gamecreator » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:11 pm

ChuckDaRighteous wrote:As I understood this if the dc was 14, you'd have 6 chance of sucess (20-14), and double that range for avoiding critcal failure (top 12 rolls). So 8 or less would be critical failure.
Where did 20 come from? Also I suppose knowing what DC means is critical to understanding this system too. As I guess, DC is some kind of target roll.

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:25 pm

DC stands for Difficulty Check (how difficult something is) and yeah its the target you roll for something to suceed. And 20 for D20 (Make-numbers-goeven-though-you-don't-know-which-numbers-will-show-up-stones)
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

thunteater
Of Few Words

Post by thunteater » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:22 pm

ChuckDaRighteous wrote:
2) presumably taking stuff away for repairs wouldn't cause detriment?

Giving them better gear will only give them a morale boost, no negative. Basically how it works, Each week, if they have a piece of equipment in that slot, they'll gain a morale bonus. Likewise, when you first give them an item in that slot, it will give them a morale bonus. If you give them an item better than what they're currently wearing, they'll put the old stuff back in the stockpile, and keep the new thing you gave them, and gain a morale boost.

In your situation, assuming that you give Ruk-Ruk the Dog Hide Jerkin, and you find a Bull Hide Jerkin and give him that, he'll give you back the Dog Hide Jerkin, and be happy. You'll only get a boost for one of the items that week, in this case, the Bull Hide Jerkin. Then he'll be gaining some morale passively every Week, because his Body is covered, for as long as its covered.

Now say his armor gets damaged, it's about to break. You approach him and offer to fix it for him (Diplomacy or Barter check). He agrees, you fix it, give it back. That doesn't count as taking it from him. (Though, with a lucky enough diplomacy roll, or good enough diplomacy skill, you could use your diplomacy skill to take something from a creature without making them angry, if you succeed. They would no longer receive the bonus for being covered there anymore, though).
gamecreator wrote:Actually I don't understand at all what "double negative" is supposed to mean.
It basically means this:

You have to roll a 20 to successfully complete a task (Example), instead you roll a 0. You failed critically (because it would take 2x that roll, or more, to succeed). If the Difficulty Check (DC) was 30, instead, you'd critically fail at 10 or lower. You'd critically succeed at 60 or higher. Oh, and before anyone asks.. Skills add +1 to your rolls, per level of that skill.

On related notes, I'm gonna get back to work on rolls now that I've worked, gone horseback riding, and ate something.
D'jinn Keeper Stuff:
► Show Spoiler